[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /toy/, I finally gave in and bought my first Figma. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1000x1333px
Sup /toy/,

I finally gave in and bought my first Figma. I've wanted this thing since I first saw it but could never justify the purchase. A while back I got a pretty sweet tax refund and decided to take the plunge. It just came in the mail and it's great, but I have two problems. Picture related. It's not my own picture, but my phone is being a shit so I just grabbed one off Google to illustrate the problems.

First off, I can't get her ear covers off, even though they're supposed to be replacable.

Second, the lower part of her waist joint (where it connects to her hips) seems completely locked. And it's not even locked in neutral position, but in eternal hip sway mode. All the other joints are fine, but this one looks like it was tilted to the side too far and got stuck.

It's a brand new out-of-the-box figurine. Are these kind of problems normal? Also, what would be the best way to fix these things? I could try to force them in the hope they'll be ok when I loosen them once, but I'm fucking terrified I'll break the fucking thing in half with my giant meat hands.

Please help a poor noob.
>>
>>5301888
Drossel looks so gross why did you buy this lmao!
>>
Be very careful with it, but sometimes these things do happen. I think you can pop out the middle joint, try working it a little. Same with ears, but again no hamhanding.
>>
All right, I managed to get her ear covers off with some brute force, but her hips still won't budge. I wish I had tiny hands, I feel this shit would be a lot easier.

I just know I'm going to end up obsessing over this, use more force than necessary, and wreck the entire figurine.
>>
>>5301912
Patience, man. Take it slow! If you know what a potential problem is, take precautions.
>>
>>5301914
Well the only "potential problem" is me putting more stress on the thing thatn it can take, and either wrecking the waist joint itself or my thumb slipping and snapping off one of her legs (since the only part to hold her properly is her crotch).

The hard part is finding the sweet spot (if there even is one) beween "enough force to unstuck the joint" and "not so much force that it breaks the joint."
>>
Whoops, never mind.

Turns out that gently ramming a screwdriver into the joint was all it took. The surgery was a success.

Now to figure out how her head parts are supposed to work.
>>
>>5301916
That's what I was trying to say. If you know you'll wind up hamhanding it, you'll have to work out the "sweet spot" search in a more cautious manner. You could potentially google the problem if all else fails.
>>
File: figma-drossel-water.jpg (96KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
figma-drossel-water.jpg
96KB, 1024x768px
Thinking on it now, some guys use warm water to loosen joints. It worked for older Drossel.
https://hobbygolucky.wordpress.com/2009/10/04/figma-drossel-stiff-shoulders/
>>
Jeez, so much bad advice and potential disasters ITT. NEVER BRUTE FORCE A JOINT OR USE TOOLS TO TRY TO UNSTICK IT. You're practically begging for a break.

>>5301926 is the only one who knows whats up. Use either warm-to-hot water, or a hairdryer to unstick joints.
>>
>>5301931
Ah jeez. At least OP fixed his figma, but now I feel bad.
>>
Aaaand now I broke her hat.

Fuck.

Luckily it's my least favorite one, but still. I'll see if I can glue this flimsy shit back together, I guess.
>>
File: r u fuggen sers.jpg (143KB, 789x689px) Image search: [Google]
r u fuggen sers.jpg
143KB, 789x689px
>>5301952
>>
File: Untitled.png (804KB, 732x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
804KB, 732x1024px
>>5301981
I wish I was kidding.

One of the "wings" on this thing just... came off. It was looking a bit crooked to begin with so I guess something was wrong with it.
>>
>>5301986
>It was looking a bit crooked to begin with so I guess something was wrong with it.
blame everyone but yourself, natch
>>
>>5301992
I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just saying how it is.

Can't really blame anyone else when I'm the only one touching it, anyway.
>>
>>5301997
>Can't really blame anyone else when I'm the only one touching it, anyway.
>It was looking a bit crooked to begin with so I guess something was wrong with it.
Pick one, you hamhanded faggot.
>>
By 'broke', is there an actual break, or did the glue pop?
>>
>>5302722
It looks like a break. There was just one thin bit of plastic holding the "wing" to the rest of the hat.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1300x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1300x480px
>>5302722
>>5302727
I dug up my old phone to try and take a pic of it, but I forgot how ridiculously shitty my old phone was.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 900x1200px
I'll try to glue it tomorrow. I actually have the glue I need for it already anyway, I just need to think of a good way to hold the pieces together while it dries.

Worst case, it's a shame for losing the hat, but it's just an accessory and the figure itself is fine, so I'm not going to be too sad about it.
>>
>>5301888
Figma fucking come with a slip of paper that tells you to warm them up with water before posing

you're a fucking retard OP
>>
This piece of shit is overrated. I don't get why so many like drossels.
>>
>>5302841
Not everyone can read moonrunes.
>>
>>5302850
I like her because she looks cool
>>
>>5302850
Being a robot, her design translates much better to a poseable figurine. Unlike the human or human-like characters which make up the majority of figma, she's supposed to have a hard exterior and mechanical joints. It helps that it's a nice design to begin with, striking a nice balance between realism and abstraction while also having a certain sense of style and charm.
>>
>>5301986
Dude I'm pretty sure it just plugs back in
>When I was new I broke and glued mine back together
>Years later the other side popped off and I realized I was an idiot
>>
>>5302881
Nah it's definitely a break.

You can't tell it from the picture I posted because the phone I'm using is bronze age garbage, but there's not really any doubt about that.
>>
>>5302841
Photo of the warning slip please?
>>
>>5302888
mine did this when i first handled it too, they are fragime as fuck
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.