[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looks like the 1/12th Ninja Kickstarter has started. https:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 60

File: image.jpg (222KB, 1456x1456px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222KB, 1456x1456px
Looks like the 1/12th Ninja Kickstarter has started.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1764488827/articulated-icons-the-feudal-series-ninja-action-f/description
>>
File: image.jpg (252KB, 1456x1456px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252KB, 1456x1456px
>>
File: image.jpg (253KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253KB, 1200x800px
>>
Good shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 680x680px
There's also previews of the future goal figures.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 680x680px
>>5154164
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 680x680px
>>5154167
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 680x680px
>>5154168
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 680x680px
>>5154170
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 680x680px
>>5154174
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 680x680px
>>5154176
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 680x680px
>>5154179
>>
I know some are gaga over this, but between SDCC and several recent KS for toys going at the same time... I think I'll sit this one out. Maybe just grab the roof set as that looks cool.
>>
>>5154245
Also they need a fucking add-on sheet posted or casuals are not going to understand how much to add.
>>
>>5154253
People always seem to have problems with the add-on things, evenwhen it's cleary laid out.

So far this stuff looks good, though it is a bit odd that the two "black" ninjas seem to be different shades of black. Also, the deluxe 2pack option being one of each deluxe colored ninja is kind of dissappointing. Was hoping two get two black deluxes and the arm set, but i was wanting a matching pair. I'll wait to see if they modify their pledge sets any before I jump in, hopefully they'llbe more flexible on the colors for the multi-packs or something, or at least offer double black or double white deluxe sets at the discounted price.
>>
>>5154386
yeah, why can't we just pick what colors we want in our 2 packs?
>>
so if I pledge to this, and the Shemitah is real and wipes out the economy this weekend... will this still get made?
>>
>>5154415
ive heard a lot about this shit, is this another tin foil type conspiracy thing?
>>
>>5154419
considering that the only places babbling about it are /pol/, Alex Jones and companies offering to sell you gold... what do you think? Despite supposedly having been predicted centuries ago and apparent "signs" every 7 years, this really only picked up discussion 2 weeks ago and our financial leaders haven't done anything about it. That is to say, only idiots are talking about it because nothing is going to happen.
>>
>>5154167
>>5154168
are these totally not ryu and totally not bruce lee figures?
>>
Looks neat, but september and November are just way too crowded for me already.
>>
>>5154245
> several recent KS for toys going at the same time
mind posting some of them?
>>
I was thinking about getting one of the deluxe, now I kinda want to wait.

That Drunken master has me very interested.
>>
I would love to see how much of an ab crunch these guys have.. I'm still not sold on it. I feel like a ninja figure should be articulated a little better than this.
>>
>>5154647
To get any of the unlockable figures you'll have to buy one of the available ones first. Your best bet is to pledge for a Deluxe now and throw in the added cash needed to be able to afford whatever else you may want. You won't get charged until the end of the KS, and you can always raise/lower your pledge any time before then, but throwing more money at them now will unlock the stretch goals faster.

I'm curious about the Samurai myself, but that's a long way off at this point.
>>
>>5154683
Looks decent enough, it goes down to the bottom flaps of their abdomen clothing and combined with the great leg articulation it should be able to pull off prowling poses
>>
Honestly, if they got the mock-ups for the stretch figures, they should tease one at least. People would be more eager to go for it.
>>
>>5154490
mind doing your own fucking work? search the site for "toys" wtf you lazy bastard
>>
>>5154720
This. I know they are going for a whole "Mystery" thing, but give us something to go on other than blurred pictures.
>>
File: neenja.png (11KB, 614x138px) Image search: [Google]
neenja.png
11KB, 614x138px
Knew I'd want one of these guys from the first time I saw them mentioned here, but I wasn't really interested in all the extra shit that the deluxe ones come with.

Maybe I'll feel differently towards the end and cough up extra cash for one of them or one of the stretch goal unlock characters.
>>
I really want the white one but for $60 I can buy almost three figuarts.
>>
File: hipstershit DIY figures.png (202KB, 338x250px) Image search: [Google]
hipstershit DIY figures.png
202KB, 338x250px
>>5154721
considering how kickstarters are worded...

This is the only thing that resembles something /toy/ would own from all the kickstarters about toys.
>>
These are $10 too much, and that's before shipping. I get that they're the small guys in the toy world, and that their cost structure is going to be different from mega companies that make billions every year, but pricing something at $10 above its real world value is overpricing regardless of background. That concept doesn't go away simply because they want it to or it's "fair" or for whatever reason.
>>
File: red-ninjas.jpg (75KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
red-ninjas.jpg
75KB, 640x427px
>>5155121
>$10 above its real world value
Thats incredibly wrong.
Real world value is whatever they''re going to sell it at, in order to turn a profit. Since they're not a giant sized company or even a small company, the price is going to be appropriate.

That's it.

Now, whether it's worth it COMPARED to something else, well... that's something else.

You shouldn't even be army building in 1:12 scale anyway. At that scale, 2 or 3 of the same figure is enough.
>>
>>5154484
You're in luck, cus theyd charge you in october if it gets funded!
>>
>>5155121
$10 too much compared to what? Shitty as marvel legends that come with zero accessories and crap paint?
>>
I dont see this being a successful brand if thats what they are trying to do here.
their price point is simply too high
>>
>>5155121
>>5155618
>>5154936
This is why I only purchased a single basic, still wanted one, had enough money, but I'm not gonna buy a set of them or the deluxe or anything.
>>
>buy one of these thinking they're GI joe height because asian people are short and it's 1:12 scale (I was thinking in dollhouse terms)
>turns out they're as big as figma guts and ninja slayer

Must resist urge to spend all my rent money for ninja slayer enemies.
>>
>>
File: Deluxe-Ninja-Hip-Articulation.jpg (56KB, 740x470px) Image search: [Google]
Deluxe-Ninja-Hip-Articulation.jpg
56KB, 740x470px
>>
>>5155883
looks terrible
>>
>>5155881
>>5155883
Holy shit, now that is some range of motion. Im on board for sure.
>>
>>5154153

Fuck

I want one but the lack of a second neck joint will throw off good posing.
>>
>>5155898
see
>>5155881
>>
>>5156017

looks nice but i hate the Marvel legends styled necks

everything but the head looks good in the pic to be honest
>>
I'm hoping the basic black is more gray/faded black like OPs pic and not the basic black they have on the kickstarter.
>>
>>5156160
>t i hate the Marvel legends styled necks
Most marvel legends have a double jointed neck. A ballpoint mounted to a swivel joint.
>>
Why do I get the feeling this is going to stall out as badly as the biker kickstarter did?
>>
White ninja is kickstarter only?
I'll get that one.
>>
>>5156717
Yeah, I feel like they got off to to good start but they aren't growing by enough each day to be certain it will launch. I plan to back it but I have to clear some space on my card first.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (33KB, 473x260px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
33KB, 473x260px
>>5156750
>they aren't growing by enough each day to be certain it will launch.
Its been up for all of 3 days, and besides that, everyone knows the big push always comes at the very end.
>>
File: ninja-gaiden-cover.jpg (61KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
ninja-gaiden-cover.jpg
61KB, 400x550px
I thought there was supposed to be a blue ninja?
>>
File: bikerfuck.png (22KB, 931x240px) Image search: [Google]
bikerfuck.png
22KB, 931x240px
>>5156751
>everyone knows the big push always comes at the very end

yep
>>
>>5156751
Is that so? I'm new to Kickstarter so I'm not sure what to expect. They had a big surge to begin but just to hit 100K in 25 days means $4000 per day the rest of the way.

I was also disappointed not to see any of the stretch goal figures although I understand it is meant to keep momentum building.
>>
>>5156757
I was hoping a Strider or a Joe Musashi look alike. Shame that that seems a few goals away.
>>
>>5156772
>at least 4k a day for 25 days in a row just to make the basic goal

and with that, I lose my hope
>>
See, this shit is just unusual, and it's really bothering me.

> second most bought tier is the most expensive one, the 550 dollar one, most bought tier is 135$
>deluxe ninjas come after that
>basic ninjas have barely been touched

I think people are genuinely turned off by the price point for the basic figures, and feel like it's only worth it when you start getting to the deluxe figures.

If the basic ninjas cost maybe, 25 instead and 35 after shipping, I feel like even random kickstarter passerbys would go "oh shit that looks cool I want one" and a lot more basic would get bought, boosting the price.

I dunno, might just be me. I've just never seen something where the most expensive ones sell better than the cheap ones.
>>
>>5156772
Well, I'm sure the stretch goal figures will be shown off way before the funding ends. I wanted to see one too.
>>
>>5156789
The deluxe figures come with so much more I find it worth the price myself.

Honestly, they shoulda dollowed 4HM's strategy and have international shipping seperate from the regular US shipping.

That would probably have lowered the prices for everything enough for US funders who are being stingy.
>>
>>5156783
>>5156795
Right now they have $60891, so if tomorrow at this time they are up at least +$4000 then they are on their way. If not, then I think it will be difficult without a push later on in the campaign.
>>
File: hacks kicktraq.jpg (81KB, 927x264px) Image search: [Google]
hacks kicktraq.jpg
81KB, 927x264px
>>5156766
no one gives a shit about that shitty SNES game

Good toylines sell like this, raising over a hundred thousands of dollars in a single day.
Giant jumps are the norm for stuff people actually want.
>>
>>5156882
Well, the Ninja's have a way higher goal to hit. Otherwise, they pretty much reached HACKS goal. Overall, though both charts show that the finals days are when the funding increases a whole lot.
>>
>>5156882
>Good toylines sell like this, raising over a hundred thousands of dollars in a single day.
>Chart shows 100k being raise only on the last day
>Proving the other guy's point.
>>
File: mythic legion kicktraq.jpg (88KB, 954x285px) Image search: [Google]
mythic legion kicktraq.jpg
88KB, 954x285px
>>5156895
yes, proving that guy's point that the last days see a huge push in sales is the point of my post, including this one.
>>
>>5156924
Oh aight, I guess I read it as the latter. Good shit then!
>>
File: 1435281644254.jpg (128KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
1435281644254.jpg
128KB, 480x479px
>>5156895
Wrong sugarmouth... look again.
>>
>>5156926
Where?
>>
>>5156929
The cat obviously.
>>
>>5156892
I just think 160k is a little farfetched for this kickstarter.
>>
>people suggesting youtube reviewers in the comments

oh lawd
>>
The creators are doing an AMA on the badlands right now, gonna ask questions.
>>
>>5156803
...I just realized shipping wasn't actually included with the basic pledge level price. US shipping is a $10 option and all international shipping is $30 extra. Those prices are pretty similar to the ML shipping prices (12 and 35 respectively) however those prices were included in the basic pledge.

That means that the actual price for a "basic" army builder Ninja is $35, which is a lot when compared to the "basic" army builder prices of the ML figures ($18 each). That's nearly double the price

I knew these things would be pricey...but that's kind of off-putting.
>>
>>5158583
That's what I said way, way up there in the thread, but the shills are strong in here and keep that fact pretty well hidden or downplayed.
>>
>>5158583
Wait, wait, wait, maybe I'm missing something.

The description says the reward for $35 is a basic ninja, right? Now, are you telling if I live outside burgerland, I have to throw another $30 for shipping, almost as much as the cost of the figure itself? Do you have any source for that?

Now, ctrl + f "shipping" shows no results on the description page. I haven't found anything on the comments section either, and if that's the case, definitely I'm cancelling my contribution, that's just nuts.
>>
>>5158583
>>5158590
>>5158607
I honestly didn't realize that.

I thought the shipping was part of the deal. Wow.

Talk about a real ripoff now.

The basic toy pledges should have included shipping.

I take it back. These prices are absurd.
>>
>>5155883
Why are people getting so gitty over... you know, modern articulation standards?
>>
>>5158607
When you actually go to pledge, the price total has a shipping option drop down box. It automatically adds another $10 for US buyers and has various other $30 international country choices

>>5158590
I'm certainly no shill, but I honestly never noticed this until after reading the AMA. I just assumed those pledge prices included shipping as I don't think I've ever seen a toy KS where shipping *wasn't* included in the basic pledge. I've always been in the camp of these basic being way too expensive, now I feel there is no excuse for that price seeing as how it doesn't even include Shipping and Processing.
>>
>tfw wanted deluxe ninja
>$30 for shipping
>I know it will get stuck at customs
>that's another $16
>$96 in total
>>
>>5158613
>>5158680
>>5158826
Even with only 10 dollar shipping, I still think the prices are fucking nuts.

It should be 35 bucks AFTER shipping for a basic ninja.
>>
>>5158826
At the prices they're asking for, the standard Ninja isn't even worth it. At least the Deluxe ones come with a crap-load of extra gear and those giant stands. But as far as being designed as army builders, the standard ninjas are way too pricey. And I'm comparing them to other KICKSTARTER based figures, not your average retail toy.
>>
I guess the 3 pack with the deluxe pack is the only way to get the builders at a kinda "decent" price.

Does that also get shipping tacked on? If it does I think I'm not going to back this project.
>>
>>5159236
>Does that also get shipping tacked on?
of course not.
>>
>>5158583
>...I just realized shipping wasn't actually included with the basic pledge level price. US shipping is a $10 option and all international shipping is $30 extra. Those prices are pretty similar to the ML shipping prices (12 and 35 respectively) however those prices were included in the basic pledge.
That's what pissed me off with October Toys and their new figure. The 4" figure requires $6 or more dollars just for shipping in the States. Baron Dark had the shipping included. In fact almost everyone includes the shipping into the prices for KS because added shipping turns them off from doing it.
>>
>>5156882
That surge only happened because the "All-In" became the better deal that day and in the confusion the KS runners kept adding new figures well passed the point they should have stopped. The All-In option made everything cost half as much and Boss Fight will be eating it because of that.

The same could be said of Marauder Task Force as the last day or so is when the All-In became super worth doing. The guy running the KS took a bath on it in the end between the deals being too low and the Boss Fight engineering having a fatal flaw during the on-time run which caused them to trash all of the flawed figures and spend months testing to make sure the new one would be good.

It should also be noted, both Marauder and Boss Fight KSs had Angel backers offering up $20k at a time. Marauder received two 20k offerings and Boss Fight got one 20k offering.
>>
>>5159250
I remember the original SW KS not charging shipping for figures as well, I grabbed three titans from it. And had I not bought a few more not too long ago from the shop I probably would've supported this one as well (those clear titans are pretty nifty looking),

I guess now that these toy KS are becoming more popular and people are realizing how everything works, they started to realize how much something like shipping can actually cost and decided to put it on the buyer now? I mean, the ML KS had increased prices for shipping as well, but it was still included in the basic pledge level and add-ons were priced accordingly for US and International buyers to help support the shipping. Having shipping costs pop up after a pledge just seems kind of, I dunno...sneaky?, though at the same time understandable.

Despite all that though, the shipping wouldn't really be an issue if it weren't for the high cost of the actual figures.

>>5159261
I wouldn't be surprised to see this KS get some Angel Backers at some point. It is a highly publicized KS being run by a long time, big name group in the toy community. This project will certainly get funded, and at the very least reach the first two stretch goals. Whether those Samurai will ever see production however is certainly questionable.
>>
>>5159399
I always figured the "angel backer" was just a lie to get people to match the amount. "You give us $20k in donations before a certain date, our 'Angel Backer' will match it." I could see Marauder John just adding the money himself as it turns around to just be stock while convincing others to pitch in more money.

The Boss Fight 'Backer' had some 'issue' which prevented them from adding $20k to KS itse;f, so it is understood to be $20k on top of the final total. (The stretch goals all dropped by a certain amount to even out the "applied" $20k.)
>>
>>5159424
I haven't seen that done in a while on kickstarters though.
>>
>>5159424
you're not really allowed to divert that much money from your bank account all at once, so i can see why there were issues which made it seem like kickstarter was the one saying that.
>>
>>5160660
Except that was still under Amazon at the time. Nothing you applied really mattered as the system only did a basic check to see if the card even worked at the time (even one with a $0 balance). After you sign up, you could pledge a million and it wouldn't care as nothing is charged until the KS is closed.

As much as these KS get funded, it is rarer that they managed to get 100% of the money. The Boss Fight people in particular were fucking themselves over demanding a 100% funding after KS finished before they would allow anyone to start arranging their packages and ordering additional figures. They pushed it well past the cutoff date when KS automatically removes unpaid accounts.

I haven't done many KS under the new Stripe holdings, but I bet it lets you do just about whatever you want after the initial card checking as well.

Still, my point is that someone could pitch a 20K "angel" backing, especially the one running the KS, and then default on even paying themselves. They "lose" that 20k they offered themselves, but they also managed to gain 20k from the actual individuals towards their real goal.
>>
The figures look cool but IMO they are over priced considering they are all the same sculpt just with different decos.

I think they would do better sell a standard figure and then an expansion pack w/parts to make the deluxe version. Sell the base not only in packs of 5 but in singles.
>>
I understand that this is a small group of people trying to make it. However, I see how successful Mythic Legions was while providing decent prices, and covering the costs of shipping with their pledge.

35 dollars felt like a good price to me, that was assuming shipping was part of that pricepoint but since it's not I don't find it worth it.

Mythic Legions managed to introduce three molds for the cheaper army builder pledges with enough variation at 30 shipped for one figure in the US, or 53 for International

Meanwhile, the basic ninja's are two simple recolors. Do the extra hands, and heads really warrant such a higher price?

I mean, ML had a cheaper original funding (cheaper by 20k) and offered 22 different figures not all just recolors, they had different parts, and included basic weapons.

The Ninjas have 4 figures. With a few head variants/weapons but nothing that to me justifies the higher funding.
>>
>>5161129
you're an idiot. the two are COMPLETELY different.
>>
>>5161133
ML still manages to offer way more and did offer way more at way better value so I'm honestly trying to see what justifies the bigger price for what feels like less?

Is it articulation?
>>
>>5161138
>Is it articulation?
I think it's overhead, personally. Mythic Legions is 4H. The ninjas are Fwoosh, made by Gentle Giant. There's a pretty distinct difference in expected development price when your own studio is producing it from the ground up versus you going out and hiring a studio to make it.

I think that that's exactly where Fwoosh probably fucked it up: they've taken on the role of a client, and as such are paying a lot more for each and every step than 4H ever had to do. That's like a compounding form of price inflation versus your competition. They should have approached another established toy company with its own in-house studio as a partner and shared the burden.
>>
>didn't earn our daily needed 4k yesterday

OH LAWD SO BEGINS THE WORRY
>>
>>5161527
Actually I think they made a bit more than $4K for the last few days. I believe they are trending slightly ahead of target, if this rate of increase holds.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 600x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 600x270px
>>5161695
>>
I hate this kickstarter bullshit because usually if you miss out on one of these campaigns, you didnt know about it or didn't have money at the time you're shit out of luck for ever.
>>
>>5161527
>didn't earn our daily needed 4k yesterday
Thats not the way these work. It will probably slack off until the end and then you will see a pretty decent spike.
>>
>>5161777
I agree that it sucks to miss out on some potentially awesome figures due to not knowing about or just not having the money for them at the time, but it's better then not having a chance to get these figures at all. If it weren't for KS, most of these figure lines wouldn't even make it past the planning stages. It's because the creators can go right to the fans and skip the retail outlets and major manufactures and ask people directly "Do you want this?" that these toys are possible. And if people want it, they'll pledge, and the more people that want said item the better the chances of these items being released again.

For the most part, a lot of the newer stuff seems to be planned to have some sort of regular releases. The Marauder Task Force stuff is readily available on the Gunrunners site and the BFS figures are supposedly going to be sold through some sort of online shop. Those Gylos compatible Skeleton Warrior figures are also sold readily and at some point the Mythic Legion figures will be purchasable through the Storehorsmen website (though most likely in limited numbers).

Hopefully these Fwoosh ninjas end up available online as well at some point. But seeing as they plan on selling some sort of Blue Ninja exclusive that *won't* be sold through the KS, I get the feeling they already plan to release these guys in an online shop.
>>
File: FOOLISHSAMURAI.jpg (45KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
FOOLISHSAMURAI.jpg
45KB, 639x639px
Samurai teaser went up.
>>
>>5163766
they should have just focused on ninjas though..
>>
>>5162296
Skeleton Warriors Titans were sold out for awhile, but they were back in time for SDCC. The GitD model being sold cheaper than the KS release was.... the bastards.

Marauder sold out of a few colors, but those were also shorted in his warehouse order. I love that he plans to keep a steady supply around for years to come.
>>
>>5163775
why? Who wants just a bunch of ninjas running around? how many good samurai toys are there?
>>
>>5163775
They pretty much did as the majority of the Samurai is basically the Ninja body with armor. Their main product is still the Ninjas in this KS, and other then releasing them in more colors there's not much you can do with feudal ninjas, so adding some samurai for them to fight is a no-brainer.
>>
>>5163766
kinda disapointing. was hoping they would have a different body.
>>
>>5164568
With their pricing scheme, it would have come out to $120, minimum.

Before shipping, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 940x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 940x500px
Kicktraq update.
>>
>>5165170
>low already has us set up for failure

aw
>>
>>5164499
You could add different shit for ninjas.
>new hats
>new heads
>new fucking weapons
>new torsos
>cloaks
>>
>>5163766

Not a fan of their face sculpts. These guys don't even look Japanese. More like some bad 90's can't draw for shit comic book faces.

If they had used like, homages to actual samurai film or tv actors I'd have more reason to throw money.
>>
File: neenja.png (718KB, 586x1624px) Image search: [Google]
neenja.png
718KB, 586x1624px
New posing shots went up.
>>
>>5163766
I don't know, this samurai reveal didn't really get me excited. I think it is one of the last stretch goals, and currently just the base ninjas look to be out of reach without a big funding push at the end of the KS.

I would have preferred to see one of first stretch goals revealed. That might have juiced sales of the Devoted Legion but the daily data suggests they didn't get much of a bump off that samurai reveal.

I still hope these get made. This is my first Kickstarter so I hope everyone is right when they say the big money rolls in at the end.
>>
New pledge options available that let you choose what colors you want.
>>
Ok yeah

the 135 dollar tier is pretty alright for 3 basics and a deluxe, you can give the deluxes weapons and other gear to the basics and stuff.

Hoping more people buy it now.
>>
>>5165601
>the big money rolls in at the end.

As someone mentioned earlier on this thread, there are suspects that sometimes the starters of these projects wait till the last minute to bid on their own projects. Why? Because if they don't reach their goal, they don't get the money. Is better to put $10 out of your own pocket and receive some money, than being honest / legit and ending with nothing.

Kickstarter won't disallow this practice, partly because they can't track every supporter so relatives can't donate on the project, but mostly because if the project doesn't reach their goal, they won't receive their cut either. So, yeah, these fwoosh guys can ask their wives to bid the last missing thousand dollars to reach the goal, kickstarter won't give a shit. But that's only worth if the project is lacking some few thousand dollars.

That's why people believe this big push at the end. On the earlier days, most of the funding was gathered at the starting, when the novelty would play a large role. And that's why you have websites to predict if a project would be successful or not, but you don't have similar places to predict how much will score an auction on ebay.
>>
>>5165728
CITATION NEEDED

this is a wild accusation.
>>
>>5165856
It's also horribly inaccurate, as with many of these "last minute big push" pledge runs happen on projects that have been *looooooooong* funded. Like the mythic legions one was funded in the first week or so, but it's last week of pledges was ridiculous (money came in faster the they could even announce new stretch goals). If anon's speculation held merit, we would only see those kinds of boosts on projects that are aimed to fail, but they're most prominent on projects that have already been successful.

And speaking as someone who always waits until the last few days to pledge, a lot of people prefer to wait until the last minute so they know exactly how much cash they can part with and know exactly what potential figures they can buy.
>>
>>5156348
He means another joint at the base of the neck, like Revoltechs
>>
>>5165581
I hope they're smart and just mold everything in the single colors and just do the wash for the accents. I assume the figures in these shot were white and then painted and that explains the white spots in the knees.
>>
>>5166908
The stuff we have pics of are the hand painted prototype paint masters. These things aren't even in the proper scale as the stuff we'll get so those white spots won't be an issue. We'll get figures fully molded in their proper colors with the paint work bing just accents and probably a simple wash.
>>
>>5156348

That's the issue. The neck is static in it's position. It's alright to pose, but you can do so much more when thet neck pivots above clavicle along with the ball-joint for the head.

Like another anon said, figma/revoltech style.
>>
>>5167346
Itll work fine, wont be the greatest joints ever but as long as its like the Ml ones its better than nothing
>>
I really want to see the Drunken Master Ninja, that might make or break my pledge to this KS.
>>
Fwoosh guys look like they're gonna put a poll out for which stretch characters we want to see revealed.
>>
Well we are more than halfway funded now
>>
>>5154153
I want to at least get the $100 basic three-pack, but I have to choose between red or black? I can't mix?
>>
>>5154153
It's interesting. I bought WAY too many Mythic Legions figures. But the basic figures were $18, deluxe figures were $33, and shipping was included. Not to mention that design changes were made, at fan request, right up through the KS. I definitely WANT ninjas, I'm just not sure if I want to pay $100 for just three.
>>
>>5170299
The current options for the 3-pack+ deluxe are

3x Red + 1x White
3x Red + 1x Black
3x Black + 1x White
3x Black + 1x Black
>>
>>5170356
That's the $145 three pack. I really just want two basic black and a basic red.
>>
>>5170363
who knows, they might add more tiers like they did at the 135 tier for different combos
>>
>>5170363
I can't see them changing up the three-pack options to let you choose your own colors as if that were something they would've been able to do it would've been a choice.

Personally, I'm disappointed the Deluxe 2 pack is one of each color deluxe. I was looking to get two black deluxes, but if I do that I won't be able to get the (admittedly very small) discount. Their color choices are certain a bit mucked up as they should've just left each simple bundle type (i.e. all deluxe or all standard) a choice for the backer to make at the end.

So far the biggest complaints (outside of the price) for this KS seems to be people wanting specific color options that aren't offered and the blurry stretch goal bit.
>>
>>5171524
If you want your toy kickstarter to succeed, you must fellate the McBaldy until he cums money.
>>
>>5171524
>asking to fix flaws is being nit picky
Wow.
>>
>>5171753
You aren't allowed to complain about anything. It's their artistic vision to have shitty looking sculpt segments so you don't get to judge :^)
>>
>>5156757
Fuck you. You just reminded me I won't ever find NECA Ryu for a decent price.
>>
File: 2015-09-19 17.39.58.png (806KB, 1060x1068px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-19 17.39.58.png
806KB, 1060x1068px
New pic
>>
Wish it'd break 90k already.
>>
>>5174145
I only see it getting to maybe $110,000 honestly.

We need more publicity for it.
>>
>>5174174
It took the Mythic Legions KS almost 20 days just to reach it's funding goal. But after they got funded, the pledges started coming in so fast their stretch goals got unlocked before they were able to announce them. I can see a similar trend happening here, Especially after they finally reveal some stretch goals next week.
>>
>>5174533
Problem is, the project is 14 days old, that is, half the way, and barely above the 50% of the funding. So, at this rate they would reach their funding goal, and that is.
>>
>>5174533

Mythic Legions also had a lot of character/paint variety though, even in the basic set.
>>
>>5174949
>>5174953
And again, even with those in mind, it took almost 2/3rds of the ML kickstarter's time before it got funded. By the end it was the highest funded Action Figure KS to date. You can't really judge how a KS will turn out based on it's middle term performance, the biggest rushes always come at the beginning and end. There's still plenty of time for them to boost up their pledges and still plenty of opportunity for them to at least get funded (though I can see them getting in the low 200k range by the end).

Hopefully when they show off their stretch goals they also rearrange them some, or add smaller/mid-range goals (like more limbs/weapons) to give people more things to buy. Both this and the ML KS have a similar number of backers per day, but the ML KS had a much higher pledges-per-backer average. Mainly because of their variety. Fwoosh doing something like adding white basic ninjas, red deluxe ninjas or making one of the stretch goal figures available during the basic KS would certainly help increase their options and drum up more pledges.
>>
>>5174982
I can't help but feel they massively overestimated the donations as far as the stretch goals are concerned.

Seems like figures always have a bit of a harder time with the funding. That is to say don't reach the goal as fast as something like say games, or miniatures do.
>>
At least we broke 90k, if we get to 100k in the next 1-2 days I'll feel pretty safe.
>>
File: 1317172950606.jpg (32KB, 486x485px) Image search: [Google]
1317172950606.jpg
32KB, 486x485px
Why no deluxe Red ninja?
>>
>>5176973
lack of foresight.

What they should've done is offer all three ninja colors as basic figures and then offer all three colors as deluxe figures. But with the Deluxe ones, each color should've had their own unique head-sculpt making them into actual characters. Especially since they're apparently telling some sort of story, giving people actual characters to buy right from the start would've easily boosted sales because people like buying named characters more then they like buying basic grunts.
>>
>>5176985
Yeah, the only unmasked head option being the old man is sort of dumb.
>>
i dont think theyre going to make the deadline
>>
Nearly 4k today, and at least we're going up in a rising slope on kicktraq.
>>
>>5179049
The closer it gets to the goal, the morethe pledges will come in. Once it's reached the pledges will come in crazy fast and the last day alone will probably bring in twice as much as the current total. This one's on track to be funded, and will most likely reach it's goal by the end of the week.
>>
>>5179107
I just hope we'll have time to get a decent look at the stretch goals before it actually ends.
>>
I'm gonna have to resist the urge to paint a little Arishakage tattoo on the white deluxe ninja when I use the sleeveless arms bonus pack on him.

If it happens.
>>
Survey went out for which stretch goal we want to see first, voted for the monk.
>>
Seriously hope the monk turns to be an exact lookalike to bruce lee, I'd pay another 35 bucks for a fucking crazy poseable bruce lee figure.

Also, we basically 100k now.
>>
>>5180189
I think both Figma and Figuarts have made Bruce Lee figures. The Figuarts looks much better imo (mainly in the face) but they're both pretty good representations of him.

As for the poll to see who they should reveal. I think it's stupid, a waste of time and something they're pulling out of their ass way too late in the game. On day 15 they should've shown off the next lowest stretch goals and told people they'll show the next tier when the *first* level of stretch goals is reached. It doesn't help too much to show off the highest tier stretch goal if they only make it to the third tier figures.

They also need to hype themselves more via the Updates page on the KS themselves. Show they're actively pushing this stuff and constantly trying to please their future customers.

Though after finally hitting 100k, we're almost halfway there to getting all the Stretch Goals, and with two weeks left, there's more then enough time to reach them all. So all this bitching is most likely a moot point.
>>
File: daedgemaster.jpg (73KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
daedgemaster.jpg
73KB, 639x639px
Accessories for all the stretch goals got shown, they have unique helmets or specific weapons, which is nice.

Digging this guys face protector that can be attached to the normal head, though. Also the Oni tetsubo.
>>
>>5181012
>this will never get unlocked.
>>
>>5181012
>Ninja with testubo

Oh fuck yes.

If we reach enough to unlock one of these guys i'll be getting one of them instead of the deluxe ninja, i wouldn't need to use the piece of the roof anyway.
>>
>video of articulation finally shown
>prototype figure has a massive peg slit on the top of the lower torso part that shows if you bend him too far back or forward

T-THATS AN OBVIOUS FIX, RIGHT?
>>
>>5181870
Will be less noticeable when its colored and im sure its only like that if it is going backwards, not forward
>>
File: warriormonk.jpg (70KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
warriormonk.jpg
70KB, 639x639px
Yep, gonna need this now.
>>
>>5183419
Pretty retarded they didn't use a young character for the alt heads for the Red/Black Deluxe and left the Old Man for the White Deluxe.

I would gladly pay a little bit more for it
>>
>>5183455
That's what I was thinking, while the old dude is cool I want some strider-aged motherfucker too.
>>
>>5183419
>Yep, gonna need this now.
Implying it will ever 225K.
>>
>>5183476
Well they're using the head twice, once for Shibito and once for the White Fighter kr whatever his name is
>>
>>5183732
Aw, I thought the white karate guy didn't have a mask on.

Does he have a white one to match his outfit or something, I can't tell from the blurry pic.
>>
>>5183815
It doesnt look like he has a mask as the Shibito's mask looks painted on.
>>
>>5183872
Damn, I really wonder why they're covering all the faces so far except the old guys.
>>
File: ronin.jpg (96KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
ronin.jpg
96KB, 639x639px
Eh, dunno how I feel about this guy now seeing him fully.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (131KB, 882x860px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
131KB, 882x860px
>>5154164
>>5154167
looks like Mr Karate and Takuma Sakazaki. I want this more than I thought I would.
>>
>>5185382
Well I'm glad and disappointed that the other heads look nice but don't like that they're locked to the special figures.

Would have loved a head-pack.
>>
>>5185382
Welp. if these guys get unlocked I'd up my pledge to afford em. But I'm one of those "wait to the last minute" pledgers. This thing will definitely get funded, and the first two goals at least will get unlocked....the Samurai however are still very questionable.

They should've went the ML route with the all in and waited towards the end to release it's pledge level. If those samurai don't get close to being unlocked, they could lose a LOT of funding in the last few minutes.

>>5185810
I've said this before (possibly even in this thread) but the deluxe figures should've each had a unique head to go with them. They could've been re-used stretch goal heads (like the monk's head with different hair/mask colors), but as long as they were unique to each specific deluxe option it would've been fine. Of course, they should've had a Red deluxe option as well (and a white basic), as that would've given them three ACTUAL CHARACTERS to promote within the base KS options. Having all their unique characters be stretch goals was a dumb mistake.
>>
File: ra's liam.jpg (52KB, 524x800px) Image search: [Google]
ra's liam.jpg
52KB, 524x800px
>ten days left
>still shy of about forty-six grand

wew lad, feel like that's cutting it pretty close. Granted I don't quite know how Kickstarter tends to go with this type of shit so it may have a huge boost in the last few days, but that's an awful lot of money to raise in just over a week. They'll need about $4,600 every day.

The 250k Liam Neeson looking ninja DEFINITELY seems like a forlorn hope at this point. A shame because I wouldn't mind trying to recreate pic related.
>>
They had a good day today and seem to be picking up a bit.

I want these so bad but I could spend the money on stuff that is a better fit for my collection. Tough call.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x270px
Forgot pic.
>>
>>5183455
Nah man white needs a young head too so I can slap a cobra logo on him and have a 1/12 Storm Shadow.
>>
>>5186545
Liam Neesons is my shit!
>>
>>5186545
We've gotten over $20,000 in the last week and we are getting a lot more steadily each day. I'd say we will hit the $200,000 mark AT LEAST given this rate.
>>
>>5186778
YO WHAT ABOUT THAT TIME HE WAS THE RAS AL GOUL AND TAUGHT THE BATMANS TO GET PAST HIS FEAR DAWG
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 639x639px
This looks like shit.

Tarzan in a bathrobe? I'm good with just the ninja.
>>
>>5187469
he looks like he has a super long torso and that it will be rendered unusable by the gi
>>
>>5187469
Yeah, not digging him at all.

I was hoping he was Ryu or something.
>>
>>5187173
Why there are such obnoxious fanboys in this thread? I mean, kicktraq predictions are $200k at most, while there's a guy here swearing to God the project will unlock all the goals and then some more.

I just don't get it. Let's get real, so far it looks like it will get successfully funded, and that's it. None of these big reveals seems to be any close to funding. Well, maybe this tarzan in a gi dude may have a chance.
>>
>>5187580
Can we go 9 more days without you being debbie downer

I promise you can scream and laugh if the funding doesn't come through on the last day
>>
>>5187594
>Implying I didn't supported this project.
>Implying I don't want this project to be successful.
>Implying implications.

Dude, I just hate delusional shills.
>>
>>5187469
Yeah, this is the first one I'm not digging.
>>
>>5187597
Why is "shill" synonymous with "people excited about the stretch goals" now?

I'm just saying, there's 9 more days and it's not impossible for a funding flood or more support during final days, there's no need to start telling people they're delusional, YET.
>>
>>5187603
It just looks like he's going to have no torso movement at all.

And his hair looks godawful.
>>
>>5187580
>it looks like it will get successfully funded, and that's it. None of these big reveals seems to be any close to funding.
Yeah I was thinking this exact same thing today looking at the warlord the posted that unlocks at $250k

For real? They have 10 days left and they havnt even been funded yet, and they are setting goals for 250k? Get real man.
>>
File: kicktraq fwwosh ninja.jpg (80KB, 968x568px) Image search: [Google]
kicktraq fwwosh ninja.jpg
80KB, 968x568px
>>5187604
Why don't you follow the conversation flow?

>>5186545
>The 250k Liam Neeson looking ninja DEFINITELY seems like a forlorn hope at this point.

>>5187173
>I'd say we will hit the $200,000 mark AT LEAST

>Pic related.

Get real. Since the beginning kicktraq have been making the same prediction >>5165170 which is around $200k. Going "yeah, we'll beat the odds and make way over the best predictions!" seems retarded... or shilling.
>>
Armor on the samurai guys is removable, which is great.
>>
>want roof set
>only 5 pieces
>don't want to buy a deluxe ninja to get a 6th piece
>then find out they want shipping on top of that

Fuck them, tbh fam.
>>
>>5187484
If the Gi is a separate piece, he'll most likely use the same torso as the monk. Chances are it'll be a soft plastic piece that flexes with the torso. Throw on the exposed arms and you could probably take it off entirely.

At the point there's only two more unique heads we need to see. The samurai outlaw and the drunken warrior, this kind of daily teasing stuff is just annoying at this point.
>>
PLEASE SELL AN ACCESSORY SET OF ALL THE VARIOUS HEADS. I DONT WANT ALL THE CHARACTERS BUT I WANT ALL THOSE AWESOME SAMURAI AND NINJA MASKS
>>
>>5188215
Why are you yelling dude. Turn off caps lock, it don't help.

Though i agree a head pack would be cool. Maybe they could keep the special character heads unique by making the heads in the pack different colors.
>>
Articulation video is out

I'm sold.
LITERALLY my only complain regarding it is the lack of a toe-joint. That would be the cherry on top.
>>
>>5154153

Looks like a generic Mortal Kombat character.
>>
>>5187611
They probably set all of them before they actually started the kickstarter. I imagine this thing wasn't anywhere near as popular as they hoped it would be.
>>
>>5187469
>make a line of generic guys
>karate man isnt a plain looking asian
>>
>>5187469

The head on the figure is laughable.
>>
File: 453681_019.jpg (41KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
453681_019.jpg
41KB, 320x240px
>>5187469
Should have went with a Steve Oedekerk headsculpt tbh.
>>
>>5187469
hahaha, that fucking hair, what were they thinking?
>>
File: mythic legion kicktraq.png (154KB, 954x285px) Image search: [Google]
mythic legion kicktraq.png
154KB, 954x285px
>>5187611
>>5187650
you guys are forgetting that the last days of the kickstarter a buying frenzy goes into overdrive into the future using light speed and super novas.
>>
If this thing manages to get funded and reach the arm stretch goal at least, I can see all the stretch goals getting unlocked. But right now anything past the martial artist tier stuff seems questionable. They should really add new add-on sets and mid-range stretch goals to help incite increased pledges and help prevent pledge reductions at the last minute if they can't hit that Samurai goal level.
>>
They have 9 days to pick up roughly $41K. They have been doing a little better since the reveals started.

I've never been part of a kickstarter so I don't know what to expect but if they can keep hitting $4000-ish a day, they will get funded and any push at the end will go to the stretch goals.

I'm reasonably optimistic but still trying to decide what I want.
>>
>>5188448
http://www.oocities.org/ninjascroll7/jubei.jpg
I'd bet money, that's what they were thinking.
>>
>>5188269
You don't run my life
>>
>>5188934
I wouldn't be surprised to see that head re-used as the Ronin outlaw samurai we haven't had revealed yet.
>>
LIAM NEESONS IS MY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiIIIIIIIiiIiiIiIIIIiiIIIIT
>>
>>5187469
His head on the Drunken Master's body with hand wraps and a set of Katana.

Instant Jubei.

Also, they confirmed that most figures will have removable hair pieces/bald heads. Guys with top knots will have said knots un-peg from the back of their heads so helmets can fit in place and guys with full hair will have the hair piece be removable (thus swappable).

It's a clever and simple idea, and something that could lead to a LOT of head re-usage and new characters. It's also another reason why I'm so absolutely baffled the Deluxe ninjas didn't each have a unique head since they can re-use them repeatedly and still have them be unique.
>>
Buncha people in the comments trying to get people to up their pledges that they want but haven't put in yet due to no unlocks.
>>
>made 7k today so far
>about to break 130k

come on you fucking bitch let this be the time when it picks up
>>
File: drunko.jpg (91KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
drunko.jpg
91KB, 639x639px
Really, REALLY not a fan of this outfit body on three of the characters so far, it just seems like it'll hinder movement.

The only stretch goal characters that seem like they're worth it at the moment are the undying ronin and the monk.
>>
>>5193686
I just hate that body because karate gis have ties built in around the waist to keep them closed, they shouldnt be able to open down past the belly button like that
the belt is really there for asthetics
>>
Another day of 5k+, if this keeps up I think we'll at least get the low stretch goals, which is good, because I want the white deluxe ninja with the arms pack.
>>
8k today, 23k left until the basic shit.
>>
File: mr__karate.png (604KB, 829x963px) Image search: [Google]
mr__karate.png
604KB, 829x963px
>>5189557
>Tengu Mask
>it doesn't have a mane of white hair
you were so fucking close!
>>
>>5193686
that head doesn't exactly feel very Drunken Master to me.
>>
>>5191901
They do that like every KS. "Put in your max as if it's all available." Dude, fuck off with that thinking. That actually makes a KS stagnate more in the long run and risk major drops at the end if they didn't unlock the better stuff.
>>
>>5195092
That head looks more warrior monk then the actual warrior monk.

The monk's hair should've been used on Shoken, the master's hair should've been used on the monk and shoken's hair should've been used on the drunken master. They confirmed all the hair pieces are separate from the head pieces, just glued on, so this won't be a hard swap for people to do. But if you only want a specific character's hair piece to use on someone else, it'll be a pretty pricey custom.

>>5196153
I hate that as well because it promotes buying for the stretch goals, which have a chance of never even becoming something you can buy. If a KS is gonna do a full all in pledge, it should come out towards the end so people know what they have a chance of getting. That said, the final days of this could easily rake in enough to break all the unlocks, but the sooner this actually gets funded the better those chances are.

Also, they really should have done more parts and accessory add-ons. Stuff like head packs would certainly be a great boost to sale, and multi-pack weapon sets would sell to people who don't even want the ninjas.
>>
>>5193686
Does he actually have a Chinese ponytail? That'd be pretty neat in a figure.
>>
Less than 20,000$ left.
>>
File: gislits.jpg (84KB, 639x400px) Image search: [Google]
gislits.jpg
84KB, 639x400px
Turnaround pictures posted, the outfits have slits for poseability on the sides.
>>
>>5197903
They've already confirmed that the Gi's are removable and that underneath is the same body as the Warrior Monk (i.e. you'll want bare arm packs if you buy the karate guys) and the Gi itself is supposed to be made out of a soft material so it should be flexible. Their ab movements may be hindered slightly, but I'm sure they'll still have a good enough range to pull out some great karate poses.
>>
>>5197903
this thing is a fucking disaster. The only time its appropriate to wear a headband for karate is if your hair is long and will get in your eyes, and he doesnt have one
>>
Only 15k left
>>
>>5197903
That's a pretty sick ponytail.
>>
>>5195073
>>5197723
>>5198472
Will you keep posting every time someone donates a dollar? Is that important to know that we are $10k, then $9k, then $8.5k, then $8.0k, then $7,750, then $7,500, then $7450, then $7,200, then $7,100, then $7k, then $6'900, then $6899, then $6,840?

Like, seriously, you should be grateful enough this thread haven't been deleted so far (threads for kickstarter projects that haven't been funded usually are deleted because they are considered advertising), stop pushing your luck with daily irrelevant bumps.
>>
>>5199325
Only 8k left!!!!
>>
Canceled my pledge. 45 is just too much for some generic ninjas.
>>
>>5200000
good man, and good get
>>
>>5200000
Quints speak the truth and the right thing to do.
>>
>>5200000
Welp. We know what we need to do.
>>
>>5200000

I don't really blame you, they're being real Jews about this.
>>
I agree the price for a single Ninja is pretty high, especially since shipping isn't included in the actual pledge nor do you get any real discounts for buying add-ons.

The Deluxe sets however are worth it enough for me to pledge into this KS, and some of the stretch goals do look nice and would also be worth the price, if they can unlock them all. But that's kind of how figure KS work, buying just one is never worth it, you get the most value from your pledge by getting multiple figures.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I realize the Warrior Monk and Drunken Master *really* don't fit in with this series. They're both more Chinese martial arts where everything else is clearly Japanese inspired. The Drunken Master should've been more of a "wandering swordsman" type character, which would make more sense for him to then become the Outlaw Samurai, while the Monk could've been a "Rogue Shinobi". There wouldn't be much that would have to change, maybe swap the Master's Head for the karate guy and give him the same loose karate pants with the sandle and on the Monk, just give him basic Ninja Tabi feet. Only thing new they would need would've been a new head for the Karate guy, but then they could've just gone with the idea of the Karate guy being the young one in training, the wandering samurai being the middle aged version lost in the world and the full samurai one being his older self on his mission for revenge.
>>
>>5200336
I don't mind the monk as much because he's sort of a tacked-on guest star that's obviously bruce lee with a scarf, which is cool. Drunken master would have been cool as one of those dudes who wore a basket on their heads and walked around in the long flowing outfits.
>>
Guess I'm gonna drop my pledge to just deluxe+ arm pack now, I had it boosted to add one of the stretch characters on but that isn't gonna happen.
>>
>>5200336
>especially since shipping isn't included in the actual pledge

Oh damn. I know it's not fair to compare two entirely different projects/products from two different manufacturers, but even the fancy Mythic Legions figure were only $34 shipped so its hard for me to swallow the price on multiples of these...
>>
>>5201372
Actually, for just one fully painted ML figure, it was a $45 pledge (US). But that included shipping, and additional fully painted figures were $33 each. Though I agree with the sentiment as in this KS, getting one *basic* figure would be a $45 pledge, and add on figures are still very pricey. I keep saying the basic Ninjas aren't worth it, but the Deluxe figures come out to be a good deal imo, as their various accessories and their massive display base make the value worth it. Especially if you go for the Deluxe 2 Pack level.
>>
>>5201489
This thing FINALLY hit 160. I've never seen a KS that was so desperately trying *not* to reach it's goal before, this thing should've been paid for days ago and half the Stretch Goals unlocked.

The product they're offering is good, though a little pricey, and it's something a lot of people have interest in so the fact it took this long was kind of absurd. Mainly it was due to Fwoosh not really running it all that well, as scattered, polled based reveals was a terrible idea and the lack of accessory/optional part Add-ons is kind of silly.

With three days and a final push left, they should be able to hit most of the stretch goals, but hopefully it's enough to limp past the 250K mark before this thing ends.
>>
File: carlton.gif (734KB, 350x497px) Image search: [Google]
carlton.gif
734KB, 350x497px
FUNDED
>>5202203
Did you see the kickstarter for biker from hotline miami? That thing was miserable.
>>
>10000 DOLLARS within an hour

IS IT HAPPENING?
>>
so is this going to be like those birds where you can only get them through the kickstarter, or will there be an online store after they are produced?
>>
>>5202378
They'll be made after the kickstarter is over but probably will come out later than the Kickstarter ones.
>>
>>5202383
>probably will come out later than the Kickstarter ones
even better. if I'm going to spend $40 on upstart toymakers I am going to need to see what the final products quality is like
>>
>>5202378
They *want* to possibly continue to sell these things after the KS ends, but at this point they have no concrete plans nor do they have any deals with actual retailers, online or otherwise. After the Birds KS, I full on decided that if I see a KS making toys I want, I get the toys from said KS because that not only guarantees I get the figures I want, it means I also get them at a cheaper price then they'll be sold at retail for.

So far, with the (four or so) physical product KS I've backed and received products from, all have been fantastic and worked exactly as they were designed to be. With KS, especially ones run by "big" named groups, making a shoddy product will mean any future attempts to create a KS will crash and burn right from the start. The Fwoosh guys plan to make far more then just Ninjas, so they're going to put some effort into making these things worth while or else they'll never have another successful KS.
>>
Its pretty shitty that you can't swap out the base sets for some more figures and that for $30 more you get 4 more figures, but the twelve all in one color.

That being said, I'm just going to get the red 3-pack with the white deluxe and a few arm sets.
>>
>>5202701
...I think they've mentioned that they'll let you actually choose your color options for sets in the backer kits. I know they said you can choose for the deluxe two packs, the all-in and Devoted legions.

I was personally hoping for some sort of headpack option, because as I've said too many times already, the hair choices for some of these characters just seem off and should be swapped about.

I would also prefer the pupiless eyes for my Ninja, but as I'm getting two deluxe sets I would have to buy a whole basic ninja just to get the heads I want. Which is tempting, but not currently in my budget.
>>
Damn, this shit is making me wish I sunk more money into Mythic legions considering what the amount of money I spent there is getting me versus here. I mean, I sunk a crapload on that stuff so it'd probably had been 1 or 2 more of the $33 figures, but it's still a little irritating.
>>
>>5193686
This figure looks like Jackie Chan from that angle but I hate that hair, damn. I was looking forward to this too.
>>
>>5203078
I know that feeling, I only pledged for three figures from here so far, but I'm already spending almost as much as I did for 7 ML figures with two weapon packs and the art book. Adding one more figure would pretty much put them at the same price. That said, the deluxe AI figures do come with a LOT more gear then the painted ML figures. It's not much, but it's still something to consider.

It also doesn't help I convinced myself I want MORE ML characters, partly to go with some of the AI characters and accessories (I want to see if those ninja hoods can fit on ML skeletons!). Hopefully the ML figures will stay on sale in the 4H Shop longer then the birds did.
>>
>surpassed its goal
>still going

They're really Jewing with this one.
>>
File: Bizarre Bait.jpg (161KB, 625x560px) Image search: [Google]
Bizarre Bait.jpg
161KB, 625x560px
>>5203345
>>
File: DOWANT.jpg (84KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
DOWANT.jpg
84KB, 700x700px
Devoted get this guy for free

TOO BAD I DONT HAVE THAT MUCH MONEY FUCK
>>
>>5203984
Hes $40 normally so you can still get him
>>
>>5203984
Oh nevermind, I just realized that he can be added on for 40 bucks. Gonna get him instead of shibito.
>>
>>5203984
so this is their snake eyes
>>
>>5204032
Yeah pretty much, which makes me getting the white deluxe and arms pack all the better with this guy.
>>
>>5204046
I just backed it for the white deluxe, how can I add the arm pack? this is my first kickstarter so I'm a little new to this whole thing
>>
>>5204058
Throw another 10 bucks on, and when the survey gets sent out you select the arm pack.
>>
>>5204062
thanks.
>>
>>5203984
Oh fuck yeah

Pledged
So far in getting the 3Red/White pac + two arms + Solitaire and maybe the Drunken master and Itami
>>
So if I wanted shibito, white deluxe ninja, solitaire, and an arms pack, this would come to 145$ after shipping? I just want to know I have the right price in before the funding ends.
>>
File: fwoosh ninja kickstarter traq.jpg (80KB, 954x279px) Image search: [Google]
fwoosh ninja kickstarter traq.jpg
80KB, 954x279px
dat ballooning before the kickstarter even ends

Artificial or bandwagonners not being able to stop themselves? Only ten more new subscribers than from other days. Maybe it's current donors who are upgrading?
>>
>>5204303
It's current donors upgrading, going by the comments. One dude just said he's up to 666. Not to mention everyone throwing another 40 bucks in for this bad motherfucker >>5203984
>>
>>5204157
That's correct.

Initial pledge of 50 for the white deluxe
Add 10 for the arms and 40 for Solitare
Add 35 for shibito
Then top it off with 10 for shipping in the US.
>>
>>5204377
Thanks, I just didn't want to screw it up and not be able to do anything after the end.
>>
>>5204386
Even after the KS is over, you'll be able to add more figures to your order. At the end of the KS they charge you for whatever amount of money you pledged, and then they send out a survey which usually lasts a few weeks. In that time, you can choose whatever figures you want that equal your pledge, or if you choose even add more to your order (for an additional fee).

That said, it's better to give what you can now to help unlock all the possible figures because funds added during the post KS survey don't go towards the stretch goals.
>>
So have they addressed what kind of plastics they're gonna make these out of?
Are they gonna be closer to how Marvel legends feel, or say Funko.(specifically their GoT line)
I really don't wanna pledge if they're gonna be using shitty plastics/Glue
>>
>>5204596
"we're all action figure collectors and know the hatred for clear plastic, gummy joints, etc. Because we are doing this ourselves we would never allow for inferior product after all of the work we've been putting into this. We are intending for the figures to be primarily injected in the appropriate base colors. To get slightly more technical, the figure will be mostly PVC, with POM joints and ABS accessories."
>>
>>5204631
Thanks so much, It's a little difficult to find information easily about the technical stuff.
>>
Is this the only time we'll get to order figures? Or will they be available after the kickstarter? I have no idea how this stuff works.
>>
>>5204655
Chances are they will not be available after the kickstarter. They may have another KS event later down the line (depending on how this one goes) but they might not reproduce these same exact figures.
>>
>>5204667
So how do I get the "modern" ninja guy? Do I just add money to the order or something? I think he and the other are neat, but these seem pretty pricey for figures.
>>
>>5204670
You have to pledge to the KS, because that figure itself is an add-on for a pledge.

For example: I pledge 35 for a basic ninja (plus 10 for shipping) It would be 45, but then if I want that ninja, I would add 40 dollars to the pledge. So it'd be 45 plus I'm assuming with shipping it'd be 50 for the modern ninja for a total of 95.

KS then sends you a survey you fill out which asks what you want.
>>
>>5204693
You only pay shipping once, a flat rate of 10 for US orders (unless you get the 12 packs/Devoted Legion, I think those are more shipping). Once you pledge for your level of choice with shipping included, you add your $40 for the modern Ninja.

So pledge for basic Ninja (35+10 shipping)
Add Modern Ninja (40)
Total would be 85.

If Fwoosh does do another KS I hope to god they clarify how to add extra figures in the main KS page itself. It feels like if most of the people interested in these guys knew how KSs worked, they would've been funded a week ago.
>>
>>5204773
Oh, okay. I'm really glad shipping is only charged once. Another 50 for a SINGLE figure is really crazy to me. I hope they're good. I think I'll grab the white deluxe since I love how he comes with tons of accessories, and maybe the black modern as a Snake eyes standin.
>>
>>5204786
First tier stretch goal figures unlocked. With almost exactly 48 hours to go, 50k isn't exactly that far off. Devoted Legion level pledges are pretty much worth it already so if you've been on the fence, now's the time to jump in.
>>
I'm so fucking all in this kickstarter now. Before I was just getting white deluxe, karate guy and muscle arms, but fuck that shit I'm going to throw in modern ninja and evil sensei too now.

Rival ninja dojos all up in the shit.

And if we get to 225k i'll pick up the drunken master as well.
>>
File: nelson.jpg (5KB, 110x103px) Image search: [Google]
nelson.jpg
5KB, 110x103px
>>5175086
>>5181064
>>5183487
>>5187580
>>5187597
>>5187650
>>5187611
>>
>>5204899
People don't seem to realize that Kicktraq doesn't account for the massive and common upswings at the end of Toy based KS nor do they account for late game reveals and modified pledges (i.e. Fwoosh confirming you can mix and match ninja colors for every pledge level).
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Was hoping they would reveal a blue ninja as a last minute pledge so I could recreate pic related. Looks like I'll have to do some painting
>>
Seems like theres only two days left. Can anyone help persuade me that spending like 100 bucks on 2 figures is worth it? That's like 3 or 4 figuarts I could buy.
>>
>>5204924
Yeah, unfortunately I think they said the blue ones would only be a thing on their website if the kickstarter went completely well, but I'm probably wrong.

Loved that game too, fuck the scary ass crabs though.
>>
>>5204954
Let's hope there's still a chance.

Those crabs were the most random enemy ever, I loved standing back and spamming shurikens at them.
>>
>>5204953
Well, if you dont like it you can resell for double.
>>
>>5204953
Which figures are you planning on buying from this KS and which Figuarts would you buy instead? Do they come with as much stuff? Will they be readily available in more then a week? Does the price of the 3-4 figuarts include shipping? Are you a big fan of feudal japan/ninja and such? Do you enjoy figures that are pretty easy to customize and part swap?

Personally, all the Figuarts...and in fact most of those japanese toy lines...have a fiddly-ness to them. Like, they're *too* articulated and while they're fun to pose, they're often a chore to actually play with them. The whole standardized joint system they all use often leads to some parts being more loose or wobbly imo. These ninjas look to have some pretty sturdy joints, some great articulation range and are probably going to be a lot of fun to play with. Also, generic toys with lots of accessories can be fun, especially if you like making up your own headcanon.

So yea, think in terms of accessories, playability, rarity and versatility as these guys certainly do have a lot going for em.

>>5204924
>>5204954
They more or less confirmed a Blue Ninja, but said it would be a *not* Kickstarter Exclusive through some other outlet. They're going to make it, they're just going to sell it through some other method then KS.
>>
>>5204984
Good to know, I've wanted a good blue ninja figure for years because of that game. Hopefully the price and availability isn't outrageous.
>>
>>5204984
It'd probably be one of the deluxe because that guy seems to be the bang for your buck figure, with the stand, and an awesome arsenal., and perhaps that tacticool one or something. I love Ninjas. The figuarts would vary, but none have ever been an issue with me to pose or anything. I can probably grab the figures in a week or two, so I think I will settle on these. Can anyone confirm to me 100% that shipping is just a one time 10 dollar charge?
>>
>>5205012
After you make your pledge (in your case the Deluxe 50 figure), you'll be asked to confirm your amount and add shipping ($10 within the US).

When you're doing this, you just add an extra $40 to your total for Tactinja, no need to add more for increased shipping.

After the KS ends, you get your survey, select your deluxe, select tactinja, and you're all set. So yea, I can confirm it's a solid $10.

Unless you go devoted or 12 pack, those are a one time payment of 15 for shipping.
>>
>>5204984
>most of those japanese toy lines...have a fiddly-ness to them.
It's all the swivels at each end of a joint that they use. They wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so damn small.
>>
>>5205159
You just gotta be patient. All that movement can be a blessing or a curse depending on how much time you take posing it and your knowledge on natural body movement.
>>
>>5205034
I went ahead and did 110. Grabbed not storm shadow, not snakeeyes, and the arms to put onto the white ninja. I hope they are good.
>>
>>5205170
It also depends on the tolerances of each joint, as a loose ab joint would mean you'll have a hell of a time getting them to stand. The same goes for all figures mind you, but I find the japanese stuff often uses thinner pegs/joints for stuff like that which often leads to issues.

That said, there's still a ton of great figures out there, and I'm not trying to make this an East v West thing because good toys come from all over. In the end it's a matter of preference.

Also, Monks are unlocked. Samurai and pretty much guaranteed at this point.
>>
>>5205816
I've noticed loose joints becoming a problem for sure, especially on Mafex and SH Figuarts. And though my collection has shifted primarily to import figures, I still get the occasional Marvel Legend or Black Series because of their sturdy and more "built for play" construction, makes me less worried that I'll break something.

Surprising to see this thing taking off in these last few days. I just knew that they'd barely make the set goal and not get any stretch ones. I might have to put more money into this than I initially wanted to.
>>
Bumped mine upto 110 for white deluxe, arm pack and not snake eyes. I would get shirobito if he looked more like strider and had the L shaped handle sword. You think there could be some accessories in the future to help create a hiryu?
>>
>>5206142
wow I fucked that name up big time, that's what I get for not really looking at the name.
>>
>>5206142
Exactly what I ordered. It's quite a bit of cash, but I really want a snake eyes and stormshadow 6 inch, plus all those accessories.
>>
I remember when I was saw these here on /toy/ and when I first pledged I thought they were GI joe sized and felt kinda shitty about spending so much money on gi joe sized stuff, and then found out how big they actually were.

Everything I wanted got unlocked.
>>
Finally put in my pledge. Originally wanted a Deluxe black ninja, but had to bump it down the the basic so I could afford Shibito and the arms pack. Was gonna hold out for the Samurai to get unlocked, but that armor looks looks to block so much articulation, just isn't worth it to me.

And now the dreadful wait till summer.
>>
I have a question. I've sort of changed my mind and now want another deluxe pack, but have already pledged for a white one and the modern ninja. Is it possible tomorrow to somehow change the pledge so I get the two deluxe @ 90 and throw another 50 at that to get the modern/arm pack? It seems like that'd save 10 bucks, right?
>>
>>5206255
You can change it to getting the double deluxe right now. Just click on Manage Your Pledge, choose the reward you want and then add the extras.
>>
>>5206186
I wouldn't dismiss their articulation in that armor just yet because the prototypes are made of a much stiffer and more fragile material then the real ones will be made from. It'll most likely be made of a soft flexible plastic to allow some motion.

The Mythic Legions figures had a similar issue where their bulky prototype mock ups made them look bulky and stiff. But the actual pre-production samples we've seen so far look a lot better, and they showed how pliable their armor bits were to prevent hindered articulation.
>>
File: B009AO11OQ-4.jpg (21KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
B009AO11OQ-4.jpg
21KB, 500x374px
>>5206285
You're probably right, but I still prefer large armor to be articulated, similar to pic related.
>>
>Drunken Master unlocked

The only figure I am really interested in, I might go for a Deluxe Black Ninja, and add on the Drunken Master and an arms pack but Im not sure
>>
This thread isn't saging after 300...
>>
>>5206812
I noticed that as well.
>>
>>5206812
chinese moot probably upped the limit on all boards to 500
>>
>>5206841
Well that was lucky timing.
>>
>>5206841
Wait no, now it's saging.
>>
Wow it actually hit every single stretch goal

That was definitely impressive as fuck this past few days
>>
>>5206880
Still a full day to go too, that's when ALL the big boosts come in. Hopefully they have at least one more trick up their sleeve to convince people to spend even more money then they should really be spending on these.
>>
>>5206883
Speakinf of which
>>
>>5206901
>silver fucking samurai

oh come on
>>
>>5206905
It looks cool but i would have loved something like a completely black demon samurai or sometbing
>>
>>5206901
Devoted legion is looking better.
>>
>>5206908
There could still be time. I'm increasing my pledge for the ronin and silver samurai.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 740x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 740x400px
>>5206901
Terracotta or Jade samurai when?
>>
Well, the more I thought about it the more it bugged me I would not have any "troop" ninjas. I raised my pledge to get the deluxe white, 3pack of reds, the extra arm part as well as the
"snake eyes" ninja. The samurais are cool, but I just don't enjoy them as much as ninjas.
>>
File: image.png (272KB, 393x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
272KB, 393x650px
Pretty glad with how it turned out.
Currently pledged for
>Basic Red x2
>Basic Black x1
>Deluxe White x1
>Solitaire
>Shibito
>Fumetsu or Seijun (Samurai)
>Itami
>Temple Guardian
>Arm & Wrap set x2
Really excited for the Blue Ninja and post-kickstarter reveals.
>>
>>5207035
Post kickstarter reveals? Is there going to be another time to order these guys? I have no idea how this works.
>>
File: Jubei.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Jubei.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>5188403
I dont think you understand what they're doing. All the parts are interchangeable.

That head is Jubie's from Ninja Scroll on a Ryu body. If you put it on the Drunken Master, add the hand wraps from the bare arms set, it becomes that character.

If you take the upper half of a ninja and combine it with the lower half of the warrior monk and add some spikey hair you get Strider. Etc, etc. They're allowing you to make customs of licensed characters through swapping parts. That's amazing
>>
>>5207038
The figures are going to be sold after the kickstarter ends from what they've said.

The Blue Ninja is already confirmed to be a post-kickstarter figure meaning you can't get it from the KS. During the AMA on Reddit I asked about possible variants and they said they've already considered doing them in the future.
>>
>>5207078
Oh. The video I watched said they'd only be available during the KS. If theres some being sold after, then I don't have to worry about the few I can afford right now!
>>
>>5207060
he'd probably look more jubei-ish with bald samurai guy 's body, without the armor. I'm breaking the bank with this KS, I've upped my initial pledge to a ridiculous amount
>>
>>5207083
I think only the White one is KS-onry but the rest will probably be sold later.

I'm conflicted on both versions of Seijun and Itami/Fumetsu.
>Love the heads on Itami/Fumetsu
>Love the colors of Seijun as a Samurai and love his hair as the Drunken Master
>Only want one of each character
>>
>>5207090
Ah, I would change it to just get the white then, but I don't want to possibly risk not getting the figures I want, as well as I'd end up spending the money anyway. Might as well do it now so I don't forget or something.
>>
How much would it be for
>2 black ninjas
>2 red ninjas
And 1 of everything else? I want to do devoted legion but really dont want those bases
>>
>>5207104
You can do the math on the page with the prices given. Honestly, I'm pretty sure you save some cash doing the devoted legion. If I wasn't a poorfag it's what I would have done.
>>
>>5206968
That doesn't work that way!!!
>>
>>5207090
>>5207035
I'd say Samurai Seijun for the armour, accessories and because he has the best ninja-esque mask out of all the samurai.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 1536x1430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 1536x1430px
>>5207131
U JUST GOTTA BELIEVE
>>
>>5206901
Is it likely that this one will only come with the swords and not the rest of the samurai accessories?

It might be $35 because they didn't give it the extra weapons and heads.
>>
>>5207159
Even still, all you'd have to do is rip the other pieces from the White Deluxe. I'd imagine that it is just a base concept and that there will be more stuff with it later, same with Solitaire.
>>
>>5207035
Have they confirmed if Itami, Shokan and Seijin would be available after the KS?
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 1536x196px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 1536x196px
>>5207192
Kinda vague but maybe
>>
>>5207197
Hmm, i could imagine maybe a blue Karate guy, in that case.
>>
>>5207197
This might be the chance to get the Kakurangers we'll never get otherwise. All we'd need is a blue and a yellow one.
>>
File: image.jpg (386KB, 926x1183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386KB, 926x1183px
>>5207206
Bottom right
>>
>>5207229
Anon you're darling.

Also, less than 3k away from Temple Guardian and 18 hours to go, who reckons there'll be a 300k figure for the home stretch?
>>
>>5207232
Some people think we will get a Shogun character, which would make sense given that he's talked about in Surai's story.

But regarding the blue ninja, upon looking at it closely does anyone else see spikey hair and a blue colored half-mask?
>>
>>5207236
Part of me is hoping it's a crown on a ninja king, but I know that's crazy.
>>
File: ryu_hayabusa.jpg (113KB, 790x1300px) Image search: [Google]
ryu_hayabusa.jpg
113KB, 790x1300px
>>5207229
>>5207236
I'm calling it now, it's a Blue Hayabusa with a wicked as fuck helmet.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 767x586px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 767x586px
>>5207250
>>5207242
Someone pointed this out on the ks page
>>
And now we play the waiting game for the next locked stretch goal.
>>
Welp I went the 'Devoted Legion' last night but I still kinda want to get a 12 pack too just for the sheer fuck of it. Actually I kinda wish there was a 6/6 option for red/black but ah well.
>>
>>5207399
Actually, I'm pretty sure they said that in the backer kit you would be able to customize your basic ninja assortment as you see fit. So I think you could do the 6/6 assortment you're thinking about.
>>
Welp, this kickstarter went above and beyond the threads early beliefs, I only wish I had more cash to dump into it. But at the same time I think I'd like to save an extra 35 for the blue ninja when he's a thing.
>>
>>5207489
They've mentioned that the blue is a deluxe of sorts, so odds are he'll be closer to $45.
>>
>>5207508
That'd honestly make my day. I would love a blue ninja deluxe.
>>
FUCK YES they listened to my idea
[nospoilers] as fucking if, they probably had this from the start. [/ontoy]
>>
>>5207763
Oh shit that's cool
>>
>>5207763
Seeing as both this, and the silver samurai, are just CG mock ups, there's a good chance these two ARE new designs created because the KS was doing so well.
>>
So i went devoted legion but want to make some changes

I want to change one basic black ninja to a deluxe white ninja, add two clear ninja, and add another Seijun (samurai ver)

How much would that be with the price differences?
>>
>>5207849

I dont think you can change a basic ninja to a deluxe ninja becuase it adjusts the actual costs of things?

>>5207763
I cant telld ue to it only being a CG mockup and not a physical prototype, is this a white ninja with grey "smokey" paint apps, or is it going to be a clear plastic with "smokey" paint apps?
>>
>>5207951
Well I'd imagine because the figures have textured clothing they'll cause the "smokey" effect on the clear figures.
>>
New thread
http://www.boards.4chan.org/toy/thread/5208029
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.