[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What type of personality is your character? Which traits do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: MyersBriggsTypes.png (477KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
MyersBriggsTypes.png
477KB, 1200x675px
What type of personality is your character? Which traits do you favor over the others? Is there any that personality that you don't understand?
>>
File: seq-11.jpg (3MB, 2995x3647px) Image search: [Google]
seq-11.jpg
3MB, 2995x3647px
INTJ here, the MBTI is no better than a horoscope, use the Big 5 personality traits if you want useful descriptions and predictions.
>>
>>55425830
Is it, though? I've taken like a dozen different MBTI tests at various times and gotten consistent results, either INTP or ISTP. Which, incidentally, fits perfectly with the fact that I fall soundly into the "Melancholic" category of the Four Temperaments.
>>
>>55425719
>What type of personality is your character?
ENTP, so basically I made my exact opposite. Huh.
>>
>>55425901
Yes. Testing has generally shown it to be a poor predictor of behavior and it's based on a fairly outdated model of how personalities work. There have been a couple of attempts to improve the system but they never really caught on for wide usage.

It is comparable to a lot of more sophisticated fortune telling systems such as tarot in that it provides a mechanism for people to self reflect about themselves. The usefulness of this self reflection is much more determined by the disposition of the individual than the actual test.
>>
I'm fond of ISTP characters, but I get the feeling that I'm INTP or INTJ.
>>
>>55426011

This is truth. Still, I have found it somewhat useful to come up with characters.
>>
>>55425901
Good for you.

>50% of test takers who retake it score differently the second time

>>55426011
>The usefulness of this self reflection is much more determined by the disposition of the individual than the actual test.

Exactly. Ironic that the most popular place for the test (corporate HR) is where it does nothing at all, despite millions being wasted on it each year. In terms of saving money by screening out bad candidates before they're hired it's much more effective to test for a trait like conscientiousness.
>>
>>55426067

In the Big 5 too. It's funny how Agreeableness and Extraversion, two of the most prized traits by the corporate elite, have not much value in commercial success and the real meat is in Conscientiousness.
>>
>>55426092
And the juiciest meat of all is IQ but it's kinda illegal to test for that one
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.