[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /tg/. I'm soon to run a typical nordic themed fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1467645955946.jpg (296KB, 1178x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1467645955946.jpg
296KB, 1178x1536px
Hi /tg/.
I'm soon to run a typical nordic themed fantasy adventure, I've ran many of the same kind before and so has my players (with other DM's). But this time I want it to be different for all of us.

I usually run the nordic themed adventures with lots of snow, big and strong men whom wants to die in battle for some bearded god.

Do you guys have any ideas for a good nordic themed adventure or setting that hasn't been done to death?
Also, newTakeOnTypicalSettings-thread.
>>
>good nordic themed

Oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

The only good thing to come out of Nordic culture was the 13th Warrior.
>>
>>55423043
Do it in North America with a Native American theme. Your PC's group were left behind when the remaining vikings fled back across the ocean and now you have to keep your settlement alive with no prospect of rescue.
>>
Post-frozen-apocalypse? The world was once a place of beautiful greens until the demons came. As cold as the land of the dead, they speed across the world like a blanket of snow. Only the hardest and strongest have lived to this point. Now your players have to contend with other tribes for supplies as well as hordes of terrible demons: twisted recreations of the animals and people of the old world.
>>
>>55423043
A timed game session where the PCs have to rob and rape a defenceless village and then sneak away before the local militia shows up. Like Dark Age GTA.
>>
>>55423136
This. Leif, that bastard, left you here because you found out. You have to get back to Greenland and Holmgang the son of a bitch, lest the gods be angered indeed...

Are you a bad enough dude to convince a tribe of natives to building a dragonship, cross the sea with you, and stop Leif before he sets events in motion that not even Odin himself could prevent?
>>
File: Vandal and Alan Warriors.jpg (125KB, 694x920px) Image search: [Google]
Vandal and Alan Warriors.jpg
125KB, 694x920px
>>55423043
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandal_Kingdom
Do Vandals in North Africa instead. You could easily reskin your vikings to be Alans and Vandals in the 5th century, when Western Rome has basically collapsed and Eastern Rome hasn't asserted its power yet.
>>
File: 1470041055679.jpg (2MB, 2000x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1470041055679.jpg
2MB, 2000x1126px
>>55423152
>>55423153
>>55423136
These are all really cool!
I like them, maybe I can make a combo out of all of them.

PC's set in a faraway (yet nordic) land with tribes that don't speak the same language, and the long night/winter al'a GoT has come, and with it the ice-demons.
Also, they have to stay alive, by raiding and looting the local tribes whom are without swords or armor.
The players have swords, and armor. But only those swords and only that armor, loss of equipment would be really serious.
>>
File: tumblr_mpdl5ew0Ss1sx82rlo1_500.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpdl5ew0Ss1sx82rlo1_500.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
>>55423043
Play MYFAROG.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.