[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My players are fun in that they like to surprise me. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Deathwatch.png (3MB, 1201x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Deathwatch.png
3MB, 1201x2048px
My players are fun in that they like to surprise me. I've GM'd with them a couple years now, so I like to think I have them pretty down pat you know? After a couple of campaigns you tend to get to understand who they are what they want to play. When I offered to GM Deathwatch after our last campaign ended, I was happy to run a dumb game with no complex story lines or much beyond a down and dirty dungeon crawl. It's pretty cool, they've even made miniatures for their characters from a box of Deathwatch minis which I thought was dope since I used a lot of my own 40k figs for the enemies.

Character generation was simple, used point buy, the core rulebook, and let them take options from the First Founding book since it was the only other hard copy book we had at the start. Gave a once over the character sheets and it all checked out mathwise, not that I didn't trust them but it was a new system. The players made characters from the basic chapters offered in the core book and were as follows:

>Marcus Invictus, Ultramarine Tactical Marine who was Squad Sergeant back in his old chapter and believed in war.
>Bellerophon, Blood Angel Tactical Marine who was known as the monster slayer back home.
>Logan Wulfsbad, straight up named Logan, Space Wolf Longfang (Devastator) who was a veteran and serving the Deathwatch a second to settle an old debt.
>Cadmus, Dark Angel Assault Marine sent by his chapter to hunt something...
>Wilhelm, Black Templar Assault Marine who just volunteered for his third mission to the Deathwatch because he just loves killing aliens.

All in all I thought it was a pretty generic group who would end up in the Jericho reach being action heroes, spouting one liners, and tracking to rack up the most kills. I sent them to cut their teeth against Tyranids. My mistake was the classic blunder, third only behind an attrition war with Tyranids, and giving That Guy a chance to roll to seduce. I showed them a small child in need of protection.
>>
File: THE SQWAD.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
THE SQWAD.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>55410463
forgive me if my story time sucks but I'm not a funny writer or probably that good a GM, but I wanna tell you about this /tg/

Pretty run of the mill mission to drop pod down, meet up with an Inquisitor fighting Nids in need of rescue, and shoot their way out. They landed in the planet capital right in a shrine to the Emperor. Their destination was the the Palace where the Inquisitor was holed up waiting for extraction, pretty much a straight shot except for the giant kaiju Tyranid tearing up the city. After securing the Shrine, the players began to move out except for the Black Templar who insisted on stopping to pray. When asked why, Wilhelm replied, "I am praying for Mercy."

"Why Templar, are you afraid?" Cadmus sneered as he let loose his Raven to guide the way.

"I pray for God-Emperor to have mercy upon the Xeno scum, for I shall not." Pretty good one liner and they were off not long after. As they moved out the Dark Angel and Blood Angel bickered over the way to go and I learned the Blood Angel was in fact still a fucking scout. Straight up nineteen years old scout in carapace armor with a sniper rifle. After pausing to talk with the player because I honestly overlooked it, we decided Bellerophon had just completed his final implantation but just liked being a scout since he was an A grade scout sniper. Cadmus wanted to talk the mad ways which were basically highways attached to the high rise towers and were more or less clear since the invasion hit the capital. Bellerophon wanted to take the ground for cover and less likely to get sent screaming to the ground when 'the Xeno the size of the moon decides to use a high rise as a tooth pick to clean the guardsmen out of its teeth.' Age before wisdom, Marcus as leader decided that the Dark Angel was more likely to know about going fast to places where they could kill stuff good.
>>
File: ItSeesUsMarcus.jpg (75KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
ItSeesUsMarcus.jpg
75KB, 550x550px
>>55410598
Marcus though out this part of the story was regaling the squad with various lessons from the codex because he believed that it would prepare them for inevitability of war. Logan after about the third chapter while they stopped to move another fucking car out of the way on the highway that was apparently evacuated mid rush hour told him exactly where he could put the Codex Astartes. Wilhelm chimed in in agreement about how the Codex likely didn't even include sections of the Tyranids considering how new the damn things were, which only Prompted Marcus to replied in depth about how the Codex knew ALL ABOUT the Tyranids now. In fact, he hoped to add new sections to the book based on what he learned during the Deahtwatch.

Right before Logan was about to remind him where he could once more put the codex, Cadmus thankfully interrupted by announcing, "The wind sleeps. The hunt awakens."

Bellerophon, still sore about not having his advice taken, looks from his position as rear guard and aims his rifle over the edge. For a moment the Blood Angel paused before looking deciding the scope was not helping actually. A momentary confusion took him as he realized what the hell he was looking at, and so did the rest of the squad. "The less than metaphorical jackass means that we've been spotted." Indeed they had, because on the other side of the high rise tower through the glass windows a magnificent yellow eye could be spotted staring at them.

"How the hell did that sneak up on us?" Marcus asked aloud.

"Must not have heard it over the sound of you not shutting up about your blasted codex," Wilhelm supplied the answer.
>>
File: IToldYouSo.gif (2MB, 396x167px) Image search: [Google]
IToldYouSo.gif
2MB, 396x167px
>>55410690
Doesn't look like there's much interest in this, so I'll make one more post and see if anyone is reading.

Uncountable tons of muscle and hate shaped by the heart of a mind so cruel it would drive man mad to understand, the kaiju began to lean against the building while my players cursed their utterly terrible Awarness rolls that were quite frankly all embarrassingly high. The kaiju itself was not dead on them; rather is was within several blocks but had begun to approach the players right as Cadmus noticed it and before long it was upon them. Seizing whatever initiative there was to be found, the Kill-Team began to make a run for it like it was Prometheus and just kept running down the highway as if that was a feasible option.

The Kaiju's sheer mass forced the high rise to lean dangerously before snapping under the bio-titans bulk. With it went the support for the highway which started to crumble with it, and so too did any attempt by Bellerophon from restraining his own smugness. Screams of I told you so could be heard as the time jumped from one crumbling chunk of high way to another just before they fell kilometers to the ground below. Still the kaiju pushed onwards until part of his titanic size was partially underneath the shattering highway and my players came upon a brilliant plan. "Jump!" Marcus announced just before a convenient explosion created a cool spectacle behind them, and propelled them onto the Kaiju's spined back.
>>
File: SmoothLandingNotProvided.gif (996KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
SmoothLandingNotProvided.gif
996KB, 500x200px
>>55410817

"Get on the Xeno's back!" He added helpfully as if their destination could leave them anywhere else. Momentum from the fall would not allow them to come to a helpful stop either, not with the rounded slope of the creature's topside carapace. Ever the ingenious squad leader, Marcus provided the instruction to slide down the Tyranid's back instead of trying to stop and use their momentum to safely arrive on the ground. Amidst cries on insanity the team snowboarded their way down the monster only to find that their path would be further impeded by more traditional threats. Turned out the Biotitan was not only a monster on its own, on its shell and Emperor knows elsewhere the creature was host to several lesser Tyranid life forms. All the way down the team were beset by various gaunts, gargoyles from above, and even the odd Tyranid warrior.

The enemies leaped at the team to knock them off balance if they weren't just shooting at them. "Emperor I love being a space marine," Bellerophon exclaimed each time he shot a leaping gaunt through the head mid-air. No one else was having so good a time; Cadmus was speeding ahead of the rest of the team dangerously, while Logan spoke up the first time about not wanting to waste the heavy bolter ammunition. Marcus told the team the best way to stand their ground as they broke several speed limits racing down the veritable mountain and certainly crossed any line of common sense, and was much ignored. Wilhelm did not mind either, because he enjoyed every chance he got to slash, shoot and punch a Xenos in the face while singing hymns to the Emperor.

It was Cadmus who got the odd Tyranid Warrior though. At such dangerously high speeds, not even a super human angel of death can be perfect. Especially when they roll bad. As if from know where a Warrior leapt froma crater in the titan's sheell caused by some artillery fire to block Cadmus' path.
>>
Looks like there isn't much interest, so I'll call it a day. Night /tg/
>>
im intersted, for what its worth
>>
>>55410913
finish the story, ya git
>>
>>55410913
Your writing style is bland.
>>
>>55410913
You fell for the classic blunder "Thread image more interesting than the topic"
>>
Keep posting goddamnit I want to know what happens next
>>
Emperor damnit don't stop there!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.