[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What stopped you from quitting TTRPGs TG? I'm finally at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: community_image_1408305192.jpg (933KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1408305192.jpg
933KB, 1920x1080px
What stopped you from quitting TTRPGs TG?

I'm finally at the point where it just doesn't matter now, I've been part or at least 18 campaigns only 3 of which actually finished, and were pretty lack luster generic fantasy.

With all the characters you make that just get shelved and all the ruined experiences why do you keep playing?
>>
Sounds like a (you) problem. All of my campaigns have finished, and I enjoy playing with my friends.
>>
>>55407087
So while >>55407266 has a point, and you may be depressive or something, or maybe your attitude is changing and you need to find a new hobby, it could also be that other factors in your life are making it harder to enjoy your gaming. I find that one big issue is when you work a lot or have a family; what little gaming time you have suddenly becomes more important, and your demand for quality goes up, and may go beyond what your friends are capable of, and even beyond what's acceptable to expect from a game in the first place. You have so little free time that you want what you do have to be worthwhile, so things you used to casually enjoy when you had time to spare have to step up or step out and make way for more concentrated enjoyment. Honestly it sucks when this happens because nobody is at fault really. It's just a shitty situation.
>>
>>55407087
>What stopped you from quitting TTRPGs TG?

fun>game.

I realised the actual game/campaign wasn't as important as having a great group that takes shit less seriously and just has fun without needing everything to be super-serious.
>>
>>55407087
That's my secret, captain. I already did.
>>
>>55407087
What the fuck is TG?
>>
>>55411315
Traditional Games? /TG/?
>>
>>55411335
hownew.ru
>>
I love games when I can get them, but, I've found that (as your friends move off and people start to have kids), we just can't get a group together more than like 1x/month.
>>
File: 1479012861924.png (926KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
1479012861924.png
926KB, 640x718px
>>55407087
I've actually had a blast over the past decade as ForeverDM.

If you can't find the campaign you want, create it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.