[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I understand that alignment should be an approximation to a character's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: thinking rabinovich.jpg (33KB, 611x611px) Image search: [Google]
thinking rabinovich.jpg
33KB, 611x611px
I understand that alignment should be an approximation to a character's general outlook on morality and that it's actually a mechanical tool rather than a ploy to destroy any and all aspects of roleplaying, but I still think it fucking sucks.

Are there games where their version of alignment was done better, in a way that DOESN'T let anyone think that they're supposed to be an unbreakable code of ethics for a character, but still holds mechanical value?

I know I can just ignore alignment altogether if I wanted to, but that's not the point of this thread.
>>
>Are there games where their version of alignment was done better, in a way that DOESN'T let anyone think that they're supposed to be an unbreakable code of ethics for a character, but still holds mechanical value?
Yes.

Any game without alignment.
>>
>>55406155
>Are there games where their version of alignment was done better, in a way that DOESN'T let anyone think that they're supposed to be an unbreakable code of ethics for a character, but still holds mechanical value?

Literally D&D default alignment mechanics.

The interpretation you're using is the problem here, not the mechanics. So changing mechanics isn't going to solve your problem.
>>
>>55406183
>hurr I can't read

>>55406217
probably, I've honestly been playing with alignments with different definitions on the background for so long that I can't even remember what they're supposed to accomplish in the first place
>>
>>55406183
fpbp
>>
>>55406155
nWoD take on 'alligment' is determined values of your character, vices and virtues, that can be harmful or helpful depending on the situation and using those to award beats, which can later be cashed in for XP.
>>
>>55406155
>in a way that DOESN'T let anyone think that they're supposed to be an unbreakable code of ethics for a character
Literally zero people playing D&D have ever encountered this problem.

The pretend-problems with alignment exist solely in online discussions because of alignment images.
>>
>>55407368
I have met actual people that think that one 'out of alignment' action is enough for you to switch
luckily i have never played with them, but i can assure you they exist
>>
>>55407387
You are lying, it is unmanly, and I challenge you to a duel to defend my assertion that it has literally never happened.
>>
>>55407412
en garde, faggot!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.