[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 32

File: 1502165656669.png (1MB, 1000x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1502165656669.png
1MB, 1000x1875px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Infamy Edition:
What is the source of your character's greatest renown? Is she known by her real name or some other moniker? How does she feel about being well known?

/pfg/ Link Repository: https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>55382988
>>
>>55403671
>What is the source of your character's greatest renown?

Their star is still rising in the Greenbelt, soon enough they will be a renowned ruler of a fledgling kingdom!
>>
>>55403671
>Greatest renown
>For /pfg/
The most impressive thing anyone here can do is kill themselves.
>>
What kind of animal could two children (brother & sister) kill that would impress a noble enough to adopt one of the two for training?
>>
>>55403739
>What kind of animal could two children (brother & sister) kill that would impress a noble enough to adopt one of the two for training?

A lion.
>>
>>55403739
Depends on how young they're supposed to be. A wolf or stag or big cat might work, but if you really want to be impressive, or if the campaign expects some high-powered heroism, have them take down a bear through traps and luck.
>>
>>55403739
>Two children killing an impressive animal
That's not how that works, anon. That's "two children disappear and their poor family is now free of the financial burden of supporting two brain-damaged gremlins"
>>
>>55403757

Sorry, I forgot to mention. It takes place in the steppe.
>>
>>55403671
1: In order of when they occurred: Saving a small town, saving a city, saving another small town, saving the first town again and becoming the foremost experts on all things Thassilonian

2: A vigilante who sweeps the streets with ice cold justice

3: Became the big names of a gang town

4: Newly appointed rulers of an unclaimed land

5: Being the captain of the strongest nobodies and having two dragons and two outsiders in his crew in addition to his increasingly weird lieutenants
>>
>>55403808
>steppe
Mountain Lion/Cougar or similar, some king of antelope or pronghorn, a trophy Bighorn sheep or Audad, Dire Wolf, Dire Hyrax
>>
>>55403888
>dire hyrax
I giggled so hard I nearly peed myself, you asshole.
>>
>>55403671
>look at a campain
>get ideas for a backstory
>can't find mechanics to back the backstory

how would YOU go about a reincarnation/resurrection without using divine magic? my idea was to keep the soul in a gem, grow a vessel (vat-grown flesh puppet?) and transfer the soul in its new body, but i couldn't find anything related to step 2
is the only solution really to mindbreak a kid? how could i make sure the vessel would ends up looking as planned?
>>
>>55403800

That works too.
>>
>>55404227
psionics got you covered.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/a/astral-seed/
>>
File: Killer_Queen_shadowed.jpg (165KB, 1207x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Killer_Queen_shadowed.jpg
165KB, 1207x1186px
Are Spiritualists the closest thing Pathfinder has to being a Stand User?
>>
>>55404478
summoner and psion are also good for that
>>
>>55403671
>What is the source of your character's greatest renown? Is she known by her real name or some other moniker? How does she feel about being well known?
TFW you can never answer questions like this because your GM doesn't take things like this into account
>>
>>55404478
Avant Guard Kineticist, also I think a few of the newer PsyWar archetypes
>>
>>55404654
Avant guard kinticist is literally perfect for the concept. It's designed in mind for it if you want a punching ghost
>>
>>55404734
>>55404654
can we get some links to some material or downloads or something like that?
>>
>>55404974
it's in the trove under psionics expanded
>>
File: notgandalf.jpg (64KB, 533x700px) Image search: [Google]
notgandalf.jpg
64KB, 533x700px
>>55403671
Hey I was in the last /pfg/ thread asking for feedback on a homebrew 3.5/PF class I'm working on. Got told to make it better, give it d12 and make it full BAB. I did two of the three, want to know what people think of it now.
Main Class:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X8urG7yh6gObsCz53DgH9mIJXiOC01xdvYUQpoe9DZw/edit
Extras: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T0HCmOhvRZdkJdlWLmQs4tyK3YNi4kUCKH4STHuaehY/edit
>>
Imagine you are sucking the little fingers of a lady... or... no, you wouldn't understand that -- since you'd never get that close to a lady -- who'd want to get that close to you for God's sake?
>>
>>55404556
>summoners
Summoners make poor Stand Users honestly. Beyond "has a buddy you can customize" they fall short.

Being a Sphere's of Power user with no drawbacks taken is probably the closest you can get to being a stand user.
>>
>>55405298

i sucked my bf's dick
does that count?
>>
>>55404244
> The body’s constituent parts are pulled as ectoplasm from the Astral Plane, then slowly molded and transformed into a living, breathing body
i wonder if this could be done with fleshwarp... maybe using the gost ooze as a base (or maybe somehow directly harvesting it)
>>
I'm thinking about making a tattooed sorc, what bloodlines would go well with that? I don't think that I'll be using a lot of metamagic feats, will usually be dropping CC in the first round, and will probably debuff/blast as secondary roles.
>>
Does the +2 natural armor bonus innate to a race and the +2 from draconic bloodline stack for +4 natural armor bonus, or do they not stack and stay at +2?

Because if it's the latter, it sucks!
>>
>>55406065
Depends on how they're described as. The first should be a racial bonus, and if the second is an enhanchement bonus they will stack, otherwise it's iffy
>>
>>55406065
From bloodline > +1 natural armor bonus
They should stack.
>>
So I've been optimizing Body Guard.

What I have found is the following is about the best I'll get:
>High Guardian Fighter 4
>Honor Guard Cavalier 16

This of course would be the absolute final version of the build. However this is what I think I can impart:

>Bodyguard
>+18
4 (base using Exceptional Aid, given via Tactician) + 3 (Order of the Dragon) + 5 (Benevolent Armor) + 5 (Gloves of Arcane Striking) +1 (Intercept)

>Vanguard Ward
>+10
4 (Base with Tower Shield) + 5 (Enhancement Bonus To Tower Shield) + 1 (Shield Focus)

>Sword Defense
>+1
1 (Base)

>Swarm Scatter
>+1
1 (Base)

>Bodyguard (Done By Animal Companion)
>+9
4 (Base using Exceptional Aid) + 5 (Benevolent Armor)

>Total
>+39 AC
(this puts even someone just wearing a chain shirt out of the effective of a Great Wyrm Red Dragon, who only has a +37 to hit)

This comes with additional stuff as well, like bonuses to all saves (+3 to Fort, +5 to Reflex/Will), +6 additional again Charm and Compulsion, Full/Partial Cover against spells if need be, and other stuff. This was my end game conceptual bodyguard.
>>
>>55406636
I forgot these as well:
>+7 to attack and damage rolls made as part of a charge.
>+7 against fear
>>
>>55406636
Jesus fuck
You could stop an army from leveling a building with that
>>
>>55406636
What's Body Guard?
>>
>>55406636
>>55406684
And at this point you are faced with either 20 odd greater invis sorcerers just spamming magic missile or that said great wyrm appearing a few levels in advance.

>>55406701
Commonly called an "armor"
>>
>>55406636
Alright but how's the offense looking
Also consider a brooch of shielding to cover >>55406725's threat
>>
>>55406811
>Alright but how's the offense looking
I leave that for other people to handle mostly. I am the party's defensive buffer. My offense is mid tier to mediocre. Challenge certainly helps, and gives a further bonus for allies attacking whoever I challenge.

I more consider myself a support buffer both for offense and defense. If I challenge something it gives allies +12 to attack +7 to damage on a charge, which I think is pretty okish.
>>
>>55404227
Play a spiritualist, you're actually the spirit
>>
>>55406847
The best I can do is a charge attack for:
3d8+153
>>
>>55406910
Please tell me the 3 is a typo and you aren't considering 168 average damage "mediocre"
>>
>>55406969
3d8+153 a round at level 20 is aggressively mediocre for a martial. Their DPR at level 20 should be closer to 500.
>>
>>55404227
Talk about it with your GM. The rules don't cover everything that can possibly happen, and a good GM will work with players to come up with something.
>>
>>55406984
>500 DPR
I really need to learn more about the system, optimization isn't my strong suit yet
>>
>>55404227
Doesn't the Clone spell do what you're looking for?
>>
>>55406847
What's the rest of the party look like? You might not cut it by restricting yourself to defensive buffing as the party martial unless there are others to pick up after you
>>
>>55407063
For offense I am relying on our Magus.
>>
>>55407026
right, that's always a good bet.
i'm not even sure if i'll postulate in that game, i'm pretty much just pitching ideas at myself

>>55407048
my idea was that the soul gem is all my character is left with, but i guess i could alter that somehow...
>>55406906
that part of the backstory is supposed to be for my character's wife who got affected by a (really fast) flesh eating magic backlash due to a failed ritual and in panic cast create soul gem on herself, hiding her soul in a necklace he (conveniently) offered her.
>>
File: Meido.jpg (449KB, 731x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Meido.jpg
449KB, 731x1030px
How do I build a meido? What would you say is essential to a maid character?
>>
>>55407691
probably a level or two in expert, skills in perception, knowledge[nobility], profession[housekeeper], diplomacy and maybe even heal or handle animal

then a ton of levels in rogue with a big focus on bluff to appear harmless and sleight of hand to hide weapons
>>
>>55407839
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo-rogue-talents/innocuous-servant-ex/
>>
File: Shinozaki.Sayoko.full.369669.jpg (218KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shinozaki.Sayoko.full.369669.jpg
218KB, 566x800px
>>55407839
What if I wanted to play the maid, and not have them be a npc? Hidden weapons sounds cool, but I've never looked into them. Do throwing weapons have to suck?

>>55407895
That seems nice. Would Hidden Blade Rogue be good for this?
>>
>>55407691
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/battle-butler
>>
>>55407974
Hidden blade rogue is good for pretty much every build.
>>
>>55407979
>only light armor, so bias towards dex
>cha to ac if unarmored
>int to determine tricks of the trade
Why though?
>>
>>55408017
How can I into throwing hidden daggers with PoW?
>>
>>55407691
Kill yourself
>make a character
>take profession(housekeeper)
>have a magic item of at will prestidigitation.
Done.
>>
>>55408079
>Kill yourself
Why? Do you not like serving your lord? Do you like uncleanliness? I bet your manners are terrible.
>>
File: thinking.png (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
10KB, 225x225px
>tfw got typecast as a dude who plays horny dudes all the time in the Great /pfg/ Meme Storm a few months back
>realize I'm playing 3 of my 4 characters as smug women.

really gets the noggin' joggin'
>>
>>55408361
Who are you, again?
>>
>>55408361
can we not do this
>>
>>55403671

The Dragon Tamer, Savior of the Red Fort,
The Lawbreaker, The Soul Lost, That Tall Guy Who Didn't Know What a Corpse Is, and The Friend Slayer.

Lawrence had a few titles, noone ever refered to him directly, he had this aura of formality. They would call him Mr Evile. His plan was to be well known, to keep going and gain a following, he even acted under a guise of a hero to do so. My DM was all ready and happy for me to ascend to god-hood through act of being worshiped by huge amounts of his custom world.

Every cool end-game plan I have is always ruined by a campaign getting canceled. Press F.
>>
>>55408361
...Succula?
>>
>>55408501
guess again
>>
>>55408361
Oh look, it's a fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1442461050729.png (52KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
1442461050729.png
52KB, 973x821px
So I'm playing 3.5 and I have a level 2 Duskblade and we just leveled up, and my DM approved me for using the stalker class from path of war and after talking it out I can either multiclass into it or just come in with a new character sheet with 3 levels of stalker

Should I go 2 duskblade and go stalker after that or just come in as a level 3 stalker? If I do go full stalker I lose all my magic and my familiar. Should I go ahead and just go full stalker
>>
>>55408725
Stalker will do better if you just wanna be a fightman.
>>
>>55408928
Well like, we don't really have a mage except for the guy build for arcane archer, a bard and a cleric but they're all going for support roles. So my duskblade is the most aggresive arcane caster we have. But aside from that we have plenty of detect magic and whatnot

But the stalker sounds more exciting
>>
File: cap__n_ham_by_johnnyrocwell.jpg (181KB, 510x592px) Image search: [Google]
cap__n_ham_by_johnnyrocwell.jpg
181KB, 510x592px
I have a new player who wants to play a barbarian au naturale. Just a loincloth and his sharp beaty stick.

Do I let him walk into the meat grinder in his skivies, or "re skin" his armor to fit his ideal?

They are starting at 4 so bracers of armor are not out of the question, if a little gimpy compared to the paladin's fullplate.
>>
Favorite plot hooks? I personally love a seven samurai style "village in trouble" quest
>>
>>55409362
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo-barbarian-archetypes/savage-barbarian/
>>
>>55409417
The bad guy personally taunting you and/or doing something very very naughty with things you like or love.
>>
>>55409362
The Invulnerable Rager archetype makes this slightly less impossible
>>
Anyone got a decent alternative charsheet that isn't the minotaurs sheet? Vanilla charsheet is dogshit
>>
>>55409362
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/glamered/
>>
>>55409362
If a player wants to do something retarded, let him suffer the consequences. Armor exists for a reason.
>>
>>55409362
Get a wand or some potions of mage armor.
>>
Why haven't you applied to Iron Gods and Flesh Desires yet?
>>
>>55410174
Depression and a lack of time to play in the game
>>
>>55410174
The chargen rules are stupid
>>
>>55410174
What are the campaigns that are currently recruiting?
>>
>>55410174
You haven't killed yourself yet.
>>
>>55410174
Because Argentum is the worst meme to come out of the bullshit that is the post-RotJR era.
>>
>>55410174
Because I'm more interested in seeing IDrive get laughed out for doing so.
>>
>>55410174
Because I'd rather play Pathfinder than "not-Gurps what skinned Pathfinder and wore its flesh, Leatherface-style"
>>
>>55410308
>Worst meme

What's the meme tier list for /pfg/ anyway?
>>
>>55410174
>implying i know what that is
>implying I know who IDrive is

Are you fucking people STILL not browsing with a forced anonymous extension? Are you all talking about tripfags or something? Jesus christ, guys.
>>
>>55410470
It's a game that's recruiting on roll20 through here.
IDrive is basically the Krombopulous Michael of Rape.
>>
Hey anons, I've been stuck on 3.5 for years and have spent a little bit of time with PF, but I just joined a new group as a player after being foreverDM for the last 3 years. I need a little help thinking of fun places to go with my new characters.

DM have everyone Leadership as a bonus feat, since we're playing some Kingmaker aspects in an original setting, but we're playing both the PCs and our own cohorts, kind of as A and B teams.

Main PC:
>Elf Wizard (Wizard 8, Loremaster 1) named Nym Vendragast that looks like a fat French Stewart from 3rd Rock who never opens his eyes and talks like Cary Grant.
>Specialized in Divination, opposition schools are Necromancy and Enchantment. Carries an Amulet of Inescapable Location as his bonded object so his friends can always find him. Always aware of being scryed upon.
>Brilliant but kickass wizard, dumped Cha.
>True neutral.
>Seeks to establish a Cartographical Society, delve new dungeons, and refine his arcane thesis on dungeon ecology. Been frozen in stone the last 110 years.
>Currently after the Lich King who unfroze him, wants to ask questions about lair.

Cohort:
>Asked DM if I could have a Skeleton cohort. He agreed.
>Rattle rattle.
>Enter Talus Navicular Palatine
>Lvl 7 Skald, NE Human Skeleton
>Sings his raging songs while swinging an Earthbreaker, can heal by punching himself in the face.
>Is a librarian.
>Also a very charismatic secret skelly.
>Been skelly the last 60 odd years, was tracking down Nym, sidetracked by getting killed, reanimated, then Awakened by his necromancer who wanted to take down a nearby dragon.
>Pulled out of hole in armor, party doesn't know his secret, thought he'd help slay dragon as thanks, plus killing is fun. And everyone is heading the same place. Has scroll of Stone to Flesh, doesn't know he's too late.

Help me make this as awesome as possible. The main party has a Paladin or two, but I'm really not that concerned.
>>
>>55410545
t. same guy who complains about idrive for weeks on end
>>
>>55410216
>>55410372
I don't understand the goal with this chargen. "Classless" means nothing because people just fall back on the traditional roles, especially when you have to build your character using a VERY narrow list of features already taken from character classes. You don't get to take any of the interesting stuff from various other classes or archetypes, so now you've got all these apps doing very similar things mechanically (Aegis, grappling, etc.).
>>
>>55410545
>new character is a "Conqueror" futa with addictive cum

pottery
>>
>>55410547
>kickass wizard
*dickass wizard. Not trying to suck my own dick, here.
>>
>>55410308
>the worst meme
>out of all the other terrible shit like Vult, Rory, IDrive, Disk, Broodie, Kawase, StarToad, etc.
Really makes you think.
>>
>>55410174
I thought about it, but decided the Trox Forcestrike Knuckles/Armory of the Conquerer mobile mating press build I came up with probably still wouldn't make it into that degenerate mess because I'm a nobody that's not in Discord, so I didn't bother.
>>
>>55410655
Do it anyway, Argentum once recruited a roll20 rando to a game I think. You have nothing to lose!
>>
>>55410663
Grim wasn't a rando, they were Captain Slow's cockpuppet.
>>
>>55410686
weren't they Vult's cockpuppet? what if they're Startoad's?
>>
>>55410655
There's already like 3 people doing the mating press thing, Argentum's usual hangup of "REEEEEEEEEE NOT ENOUGH MALES" is going to be "REEEEEEEEE NOT ENOUGH NON-FUTA FEMALES" this time around
>>
>>55410696
>Foxtits

>Cockpuppet of Vult or StarToad

Next thing you'll tell me is that it was Wist or Sleep or Rory's sockpuppet.
>>
>>55410715
that would be too clever a ruse for one of those, though
>>
>>55410744
It would be a pretty big ruse, though.
>>
File: Can't be Real.png (117KB, 347x827px) Image search: [Google]
Can't be Real.png
117KB, 347x827px
>>55410760
I refuse to believe, but it makes too much sense
>>
What are some ways I can get around the Clouded Vision curse for Oracles?
>>
>>55410788
Grim's app was too engineered to be a rando.
>>
>>55410174
I don't want to deal with the DM stuffing some cringey pregnancy fetish down my throat.
>>
>>55410807
I refuse to accept this reality
>>
>>55410862

Sounds fine to me anon.
>>
>>55410862
Did you not see his constant posting in these threads (and elsehwere on /tg/) about his character or something
>>
>>55410174
Because I'm not a pathetic fucking degenerate.
>>
>>55410470
>being this ignorant of the Discord
Look, it might be a pile of shit, but ignoring its existence with how much can go on there is just stupid.
>>
File: Hero_Canice_NeztRGB2.png (139KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
Hero_Canice_NeztRGB2.png
139KB, 400x518px
>>55410174
Because I applied to Dukes coin, which looked a lot more interesting.
>>
>>55410715
Sleep doesn't play women unless it's a troll app.
>>
>>55410971
Making you think this is the point of the sockpuppet
>>
>>55411000
>>55410971
Let's not forget Sleep had already applied to JttW with an old man.
>>
>>55410372
>>55410599
I think the approach to char gen is kind of interesting. I'm curious what kind of "interesting stuff" you feel like is missing?
>>
>>55411007
>implying no one has heard of multiboxing

smhfam
>>
>>55410615
Is it me or does the backstory just read really, really fucking janky?
>>
>>55410174
Because even I have enough dignity to not join a game in which neckbeards help each other jack off.
>>
>>55403671
How can I beef up a hawk familiar to work with a spellcaster? It's got decent AC at low level, but I'm not sure how to use one other than for touch attacks
>>
>>55411242
Mauler archetype?
>>
>>55410174
Because it's in the Thursday timeslot again, and I don't have the energy to make another app for a game I won't be able to play.
>>
>>55410174
Because I DM on Thursdays

Why is Thursday such a popular time slot?
>>
>>55411131

What seems janky about it?
>>
>>55410952

Oh you're talking about a discord. What a fucking shame.
>>
I want to make a custom magic item for a player that will let them charge/teleport while mounted. I was thinking bladed dash+mount 3/day. Possibly without the circumstance bonus. Possibly using up slots of dimension door like Dimensional Assault.

Any ideas on how to balance or price out such an oddball magic item?
>>
Would it be possible to run a game based on gladiators? I imagine "tactical" combat could get boring after a while. What else could you do with it?
>>
Can a kineticist use their aether telekinesis shot to pull ropes or manacles off of themselves? Also what is this weird jumping shot as of them can do to jump 50 feet? I'm really regretting allowing kineticist amd other nomcore classes because I don't know what they do, and I don't really give a fuck about learning a bunch of rules just for two players out of five.
>>
>>55410615
The problem is they know my buttons all too fucking well.
>>
>>55411802
Could go byzantine with it - Constantinople had huge, city spanning riots when a favored team would lose, and you could include something like that.

Could also play as people sent out to capture animals and magical beasts to fight in the arena, could throw in some DEEP MORAL CHOICES by having the PCs set up to fight some prisoners of war or members of an oppressed religious minority. I'd make sure to include downtime rules, and also tell the players to be sure their characters have goals they want to achieve (become a noble, immortal, etc).

based on your image you just wanted some more epick xd lewdposting but fuck you
>>
>>55411802
Have the players roll up nobles (with some variation of the leadership feat) Gladiators are their cohorts and fight in the arena to settle the backroom deals that run the city. they can switch from controlling cohorts to nobles, go on assassination runs, maybe end up with the nobles in the arena if their scheming comes to light.
>>
>>55410704
Yeah, that's why I didn't apply. I didn't think having rape armor was going to make the gimmick distinct enough, and I'd feel kinda uncomfortable actually playing it rather than just conceptualizing it.

Also, despite saying all races are allowed, I'm sure Argentum would do a 180° nosebone on that if I actually submitted it.
>>
>>55411890
I don't have any images of actual gladiators saved, honest. But thanks for the ideas.

>>55411897
That's pretty cool, and I imagine the idea could be expanded on. Danke.
>>
>>55411830
If he had Telekinetic Finesse, he could Disable Device the lock on his manacles, or he could shoot other objects at them until they break, but he couldn't use them as ammo due to being attended objects.

As far as "jump" is concerned, the only ability they get that I think that could be is Self-telekinesis, which is a standard action fly speed.
>>
>>55411839
You have really shitty buttons desu senpai
>>
>>55411466
Just the overall wording. I had to read over it several times.
>>
File: veggiepygmy (1).jpg (382KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
veggiepygmy (1).jpg
382KB, 1600x1024px
So do any of these pfg games actually look worth playing? Anyone have links to the ones that are recruiting?
>>
>>55411258
this is really poorly designed, i can't believe it's not third party trash
>>
File: l-20130215064231.jpg (145KB, 550x344px) Image search: [Google]
l-20130215064231.jpg
145KB, 550x344px
Why can't wizards use swords and spears?
>>
>>55413055
They can
>>
I want to use a regular halberd with only one hand, is there any way to do this without resorting to
>using a Small halberd with a Medium character
>Enlarge Person
>Lighten Weapon (gm doesn't allow third party anything)
>>
>>55413055
>train magic
>train sword and spears
Because you get to choose one while you're being an apprentice. Apprenticeship is hard work, and requires a lot of attention and work. Now, nothing says you can't train them after you become a full fledged wizard - Odin, Gandalf, and other full fledged magicians learned to use them, but long after they'd become wizards (or before, in Odin's case).
>>
File: D2-Characters.jpg (53KB, 730x365px) Image search: [Google]
D2-Characters.jpg
53KB, 730x365px
What feats would you recommend for a cleric, a wizard/druid, a drunk barbarian, fighter, and a paladin?
>>
How does multiclassing work? If I'm currently level 10 in one class, and I want to dip two levels into a new class, do I just take the first level right now and level it up to 2, and then continue leveling from 10 again in my primary class? Or do I forgo the 10th level benefits right now for a 1st level in the secondary class?
>>
>>55413206
By default, your character level goes up. So, you're character level 11, 10 in Class A, 1 in Class B.

If you want 2 levels in B, then you can only take 18 levels in A.
>>
>>55413070
Pretty sure either piercing thunder stances, the heavy arms hero vigilante talent, or the titan mauler all work.
>>
>>55413055
elves can sword without having to train for it

>>55413070
weapon trick (choke up) ?
>>
Is heavy armor feat worth it for dwarven barbarians?
>>
>>55413312
consider the armored hulk archetype?
>>
>>55413312
Probably not, you're getting an extra 3 AC out of it. Extra rage powers feat would probably be better
>>
Does dragon style interact with deadly agility in any way?
>>
>>55413827
No, it's strictly based on strength.
>>
File: 1505322978966.jpg (264KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1505322978966.jpg
264KB, 800x600px
How valuable would a tiefling's horns be to either an alchemist, occultist or a noble who fancies fiendish things? Could a tiefling earn some coin by selling his/her horns?
>>
>>55413954
Possibly? There might be some who assume that ground-up tiefling horn could cure infertility or increase male potency. Maybe the Chelish do things like that. But it's probably also the sort of thing that you don't want anyone to know about, so it'd be strictly black market.

More than likely on Golarion it'd be a matter of tiefling slaves simply having their horns sawed off rather than a tiefling adventurer getting paid for them.
>>
i'm a bit lost. what would be a better gestalt for a Support/Healing based Vitalist? a Cleric or an Empyreal Blooded Sorcerer. and also, what are good buff spells that can be used with a collective?
>>
>>55413954
Depends on the kind of horn. Living horn would be traumatic and painful to have cut off.
>>
>>55414031
Sorcerer for utility.
Cleric for combat.

Haste of course, along with Heroism, Aide/Bless, Death Ward, Protection From Elements/Alignment/Arrows, etc. I'm sure you get the idea.
>>
>>55414031
I don't think spells actually interact with collective.
>>
>>55414068
they can. there's a Line in Collective that specifically allows that.

>"A vitalist can manifest certain powers through his collective. If a vitalist power specifies one or more willing targets (or is harmless) and has a range greater than personal, he can manifest this power on a member of his collective regardless of the range of the actual power. All other non-range restrictions still apply. He may also manifest any power with the Network descriptor this way, regardless of their actual ranges or targets. If he is capable of manifesting powers or casting spells from a different class (as is the case for a multiclass vitalist), any compatible spell or power with a range greater than touch can also be used through the collective."
>>
>GM expect each of us to hit as hard as a 2hd power attacking raging barbarian, to be as skill monkery as a high int unchained rogue and cast as a arcanist with maxed casting stat
>If there's a problem he just tells us "it's your fault for not [what I said above]"
>>
>>55414131
that's only a major issue if he expects that all at once.

if it's from each fo you individually- well, perhaps it's what he expects, perhaps it's what the game's CR math expects and it's a bugger trying to compensate.
>>
>>55414441
When I said from each of us I meant as a he expect us to be something like gestalt barb+rogue+wizard. Either he's throwing brutally underCR encounters at us or encounters well above our CR
For example
>Have to enter in a "abandoned" castle
>Main gate is opened but seems like a trap decide to try sewers but there's a rack with a lock
>Str checks do nothing, lockpicking does nothing, attacking does nothing
>Try to climb wall from behind the castle
>Onle capable is the rogue, with a rope and he needed a 17 (DC had to be something in the 35+) so rest can't even try
>Try a service door behind the castle, same as sewers
>Go to main door
>DM "Kek, you fall in an ambush and a trap, next time don't go for the obvious entry"
Like what the fuck, we tried everything, we don't have mass fly yet and the casters aren't going to spend 5 flies on the party. He also didn't allow retry with lockpicking so once the rogue failed once in both doors we couldn't retry (and we aren't all skillmonkeys to try each one of us). And then the encounters, creatures had so much DR that only the fighter was doing shit, and not much (like dealing 1-5 damage per hit even when he deals 23 on average per hit) and we literally did nothing
>>
I want natural attacks. Natural attacks in abundance! What items can give me extra on top of bite/claws that are already present?

I'm thinking helm of the mammoth lord and fleshwarped scorpion's tail. Are there any other good ones that don't compete with belt and shoulder slots?
>>
>>55414586
>Not being ragebred
>Not going barb, bloodrager or alchemist
>Not having bite/claw/claw/gore/hoof/hoof before 5th level
>>
>>55414607
Ragebreed is an obvious choice and for the same reasons, also out of the table.
>>
>>55414586
Necrograft to replace your arms with zombie arms? That'll give you 2 slams. Demon grafts to give horns and flaming hooves. I think there's also an item that gives you talons, but I can't be sure.
>>
>>55414586
Well if you can get access to stuff from Numeria ,and specifically Iron Gods, there's the Mouthpiece of the Dominion.
>>
Aside from the usual cloak of resistance and iron will, what are my options for improving my character's abyssal will save?
>>
14 CON and 14 DEX, or 16 CON and 12 DEX? For a diviner wizard.
>>
>>55415433
Traits that up your will save
Several long buffs
Something that lets you reroll any roll made
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/inexplicable-luck-human
>>
What kind of themes work best for a non-urban tiefling character?
>>
>>55415433
Good Hope. Luckstone. Traits. Half-Orcs can get tattooed that gives a +1 luck bonus to all saves, which is equivalent to a Luckstone. With Fate's Favored, that's a +2 to all saves. Coupled with a will boosting trait, that's a +3 at level 1.
>>
>>55415433
I'd actually recommend getting an item with constant Protection from Evil if possible.
>>
>>55413070
spear dancing style + spiral.
dip 1 level into Staff magus.
qstaff master now applies to your halberd and it is a 1h weapon.
youre welcome
>>
>>55416469
Adorable villager who thinks their mutations are the result of the Fae, rather than Fiends.
>>
>>55414557
sounds like bullshit.
maybe a lack of perseverance on your part (if you're not in a hurry, taking 20 on breaking the lock with a crowbar or similar is pretty much a guaranteed success) but if your DM doesn't understand sundering rules...
>>
>>55413206
Every time you gain a level, you choose what class to put that level in. If you already have levels in a class you put your level into you get the benefits of the next level. You never lose class features for multiclassing (Except a few weird classes that specifically call out that out though I don't think any exist in PF)
>>
>>55414557
Your GM is a cunt, leave and never return.
>>
Does anyone have the big compilation of touhoufag's post history/examples of autism?
>>
File: Weenie.png (169KB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
Weenie.png
169KB, 310x325px
>>55417884
>>
File: please_stop_witch_hunting_guys.jpg (140KB, 1408x381px) Image search: [Google]
please_stop_witch_hunting_guys.jpg
140KB, 1408x381px
>>55417884
No but I have this
>>
>>55418485
Remember that time touhoufag drove DSP away and ruined their playtests, and then killed their new system?

Remember when he spammed DSP's new system threads with multiple pages of autism, after being asked repeatedly to not do that, and after being outright TOLD to not do that?

Remember when he got booted from every single game he's ever played in?

Remember when he was the one who started this fucking animefag ERP circlejerk faggotry that plagues the threads and ruins games?
>>
>>55418558
Actually, DSP killed their own new system because nobody on the team wanted it except for a guy no longer in the company.

>>55418485
>>55417884
>>55418558
Literally all of you can fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of, witch-hunting is the lowest form of scummery.
>>
>>55418558
I remember that time he told DSP that Path of War had shit balance and here we are years later applying an errata to everything he warned them about
>>
>>55418558
>and then killed their new system?
Stillborn was dead on arival from the moment we saw that PDF. In no universe would that trash pile have taken off as we have seen it, 2hu or no 2hu.
>Remember when he was the one who started this fucking animefag ERP circlejerk faggotry that plagues the threads and ruins games?
He had absolutely nothing to do with that in any capacity whatsoever.
>>
>>55418610
The evolution of this general's opinion on Path of War is fascinating honestly.
>>
>>55418635
>Stillborn was dead on arival
wew
>>
>>55416677
>qstaff master now applies to your halberd and it is a 1h weapon.
explain

all in all this is my favorite option so far
>>
>>55418558
Is touhoufag worse than IDrive?
>>
>>55418760
Why do you even care
How does this affect you in any way beyond stroking your ego
>>
>>55418782
It shows his age pretty well.
>>
What's your character's personal quest?
>>
Is there any way for a Slayer or Stalker to get more knowledge skills?
>>
>>55418828
"To Seek the Holy Grail."
>>
Can an animated object hold things?
>>
>>55418828
Protecting those around him and seizing the day. He doesn't have many future goals besides "doing his best".

Maybe "travel and see the world", at least a bit.
>>
>>55418870
If it has the required appendages for it
>>
>>55418782
Because hating people who deserve it is a just and proper thing, and driving out the unwanted from our hobby is something not enough of you pussies are willing to do.
>>
>>55418828
Alleviate boredom.
>>
>>55418887
How do you determine if they have the required appendage?
>>
>>55418828

Coin and cleavage.
>>
>>55418894
Who died and made you the enforcer, cunt?
>>
>>55418905
Well can it move it's limbs or their ends in such a manner that they can wrap around the item in question? Does it have fingers or tentacles? Because the animate objects are the dishes from Beauty and the Beast, not the clock.
>>
>>55418912
No one else is willing to do it. The thing about witch hunting is sometimes you find an actual witch.
>>
>>55418828

Help eliminate the enemies of the kingdom and bring order to the land, no matter the cost.
>>
>>55418828

DEUS VULT.
>>
>>55418605
t. Arkwright
>>
File: Veilweavers.gif (485KB, 272x251px) Image search: [Google]
Veilweavers.gif
485KB, 272x251px
>>55418610
>>55418644
Discipline Errata When?
>>
So, is DSP content as good as you seem to think it is or...?
I've personally never really looked at it all too much besides Psionics Unleashed, but is their other content really good as well?
>>
>>55419305
Their Psionics content is the only stuff I'd recommend with no caveats aside from Reformation. Then again that's because 3.5 Psionics was based as fuck.

Path of War has a lot of issues, but I personally think it does more good than bad. That said, I'd honestly rather just port Tome of Battle.
>>
>>55419305
Personally, i find DSP to have consistently good content, when it comes to PoW and Psionics.
>>
>>55419305
Path of War is a pretty good base system with a good set of ideas, but it suffers discipline bloat and it's in desperate need of getting the errata to actually come out. Bloodforge is a clusterfuck of cool ideas sloppily thrown all over the place, and practically requires the GM approve of anything from it on case-by-case. Akashic just needs someone to write shit for it to give it cool things but is otherwise actually a pretty cool thing. Psionics is supposedly good but suffers from "just refluff it bro"-syndrome, which doesn't work for some people, which is why I've had a hard time actually getting to use it.
>>
>>55418828
my last character?
fey genocide and chilling in libraries, possibly making new spells.
>>
>>55419425
>Psionics is supposedly good but suffers from "just refluff it bro"-syndrome, which doesn't work for some people, which is why I've had a hard time actually getting to use it
Why do you need to refluff Psionics? What's wrong with it. I really enjoy the default fluff.
>>
>>55419135
are we back on the "anime as campaign setting" topic?
>>
>>55419425
>Akashic just needs someone to write shit for it to give it cool things
Literally City of Seven Seraphs. It's got multiple new akashic classes, and is adding more veils than Akashic Mysteries itself has!
>>
>>55418605
>Defending the guy who literally is the direct cause of these generals and Pathfinder as a whole fucking up
>>
>>55419467
Lots of people hate the default fluff and feel like it's "not fantasy", which is silly but it also is reasonable since it might not be the fluff they want in THEIR fantasy. It's also common for some people to adamantly refuse to let you do any major refluffing, because they are hardasses about bizarre trivial bullshit. Combine this and you have a recipe for psionics getting the shaft. Even though those same people are usually A-okay with Occult classes because "it's 1pp".
>>
>>55419505
I'm very uninformed on thjis topic of 'touhoufag'.
Can I get a rundown?
no srsly pls
>>
Can a ninja take the Feat Extra Rogue Talent? It would seem everyone argues over this.
>>
>>55419552
I would personally say that's fine because they're literally a class alternative to the Rogue.
>>
>>55418828
>A wants to restore the glory of his family name, so the whole world forgets about the Chelish branch that threw in with the Thrunes.
>B wants to remember who his family was in the first place, so he can take back his past and be a whole person again.
>C thought he wanted to just grow a reputation and make some coin. Now he's got all the treasure he can handle, and he's got a reason to really live--so he's going to grab for some real power.
>>
>>55419552
is there no "extra ninja trick?"
is there a "ninja trick: get a rogue talent" ?
i know there's a "rogue talent: get a ninja trick"
so i'd say it's probably a yes/doesn't matter
>>
>>55419552
Rogue Talents and Ninja Tricks are interchangeable: There's Literally a Rogue Talent called "Ninja Trick" and a Ninja Trick called "Rogue Talent." No one who's seen them would give a fuck, because they're so interchangeable.
>>
>>55418828

To be loved by someone and feared by everyone else.
>>
>>55419551
Long-winded autist with a penchant for using images of Touhou characters. He gains little enjoyment from any game, and actively dislikes Pathfinder, but considers it his duty and right to break the mechanics with overpowered builds, inform people of the flaws in their own builds and systems--at length, no matter how they ask him to stop, unless they phrase it as an order, in which case he'll often simply give himself a loophole to exploit in order to keep doing it.

He also tends to spam his complaints and the details of his own games everywhere, across multiple Discord servers, multiple 4chan threads, and likely on other fora as well. Generally speaking, he's an infuriating asshole, but the problem is that he actually can't help himself, and there's no point getting angry with the guy.
>>
>>55419538
>Lots of people hate the default fluff and feel like it's "not fantasy",
I hear this a lot, and I agree it is silly but on some level I can see it. It's an unfortunate catch 22. Psionic's are usually added in as an afterthought to most settings(usually murmur murmur rare murmur murmur aberrations) and that's it.

Even when DSP writes about Psionic's I get the distinct feeling they'd rather not be writing about actual Psionics(at least with some writers).

One of these days I should do a write up about incorporating Psionic's into a world in various ways. And I mean actually incorporating it, not just shoving it in a box somewhere for people that want it.
>>
>>55419638
Also, does PFG have a Discord?
>>
>>55413069
WTF is wrong with her head?
>>
>>55413954
>Could a tiefling earn some coin by selling his/her horns
Horns don't grow back anon. You're thinking of Antlers and Pronghorn Casings
>>
>>55419745
I'm just imagining a fuckin' Tiefling crying while someone just files off their horns, and they look like an unwilling whore all the while. Why?
>>
>>55419776
Well, that's given me a boner.
>>
File: ono.png (182KB, 303x394px) Image search: [Google]
ono.png
182KB, 303x394px
>>55419813
DO NOT LEWD THE DEVIL PERSON!
>>
>>55419661
https://discord.gg/KPKWdyr
>>
File: 1416447275528.jpg (151KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1416447275528.jpg
151KB, 600x600px
>>55419776
Because something in your heart is hurt, and you want to help protect a young tiefling girl's smile. Or potentially channel that sadness and anguish into making a character.

Also, now I kinda wish I had saved that one picture of the sad demon child with big goat horns, because I can't find it
>>
File: TieflingSmallMage.jpg (655KB, 1591x2250px) Image search: [Google]
TieflingSmallMage.jpg
655KB, 1591x2250px
>>55419883
This one?
>>
File: 1471555033077.jpg (653KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1471555033077.jpg
653KB, 1000x1250px
>>55419894
Personally, I prefer this one. Keep wanting to use this as either a character, or their childhood crush.
>>
>>55419894
No, it was a little peasant girl with big horns, sad anime eyes, and she as holding someone's hand
>>
File: kenji.png (68KB, 311x442px) Image search: [Google]
kenji.png
68KB, 311x442px
Why are we here /pfg/?
Is it just to suffer?
>>
>>55418828

Do you really want to know what I want? Do you really want to know the truth? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the world. I want to see the Empire to stretch forth their hand again and command the sea and the land. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power! I want to stop running through my life like a man late for an appointment, afraid to look back or look forward. I want us to be what we used to be! I want... I want it all back the way it was. Does that answer your question?
>>
>>55420026
it's probably 'cause we're all bored with arguably nothing better to do.
>>
File: heterochromia_by_hitotoki.jpg (419KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
heterochromia_by_hitotoki.jpg
419KB, 800x800px
>>55418828
To murder her birth mother.
>>
>>55420026
Thomas cried, as poop came out of his weiner in a long, thin strip. It was weiner poop.
>>
>>55420051
That's why I'm here.
>>
Charisma is just the shittiest fucking attribute, I look at it and I get angry
>>
>>55420186
Because you have none?
>>
>>55420186
What's the best attribute? Wisdom? Dexterity? Constitution?
>>
>>55420211
Dex or Con. Dex because it gives you saves and AC and with a single feat, or not even that with certain class choices, it gives you also attack bonus and damage bonus. Con because it's con. Wis is up there, but the ways to utilize it for anything other than it's initial benefits, saves and caster bonuses, are usual behind several feats or class features.
>>
>>55420186
Constitution is just the shittiest fucking attribute, I look at it and I get angry
>>
>>55420211
Con>Dex>Wis>Int>Str>>>Cha
>>
>>55420293
you think all the attributes are shitty. looking at attributes makes you angry.
>>
>>55420293
Constitution's problem is that it only dictates two things. HP and Fort. Three things if you count "negatives" as being separate from HP. You never really want to pump it too high because it's too expensive to do so, but you can't ignore it either, so it winds up being something you have to have some of no matter what.
>>
>>55420282
You must love kineticists then.
>>
File: MyersBriggsTypes.png (477KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
MyersBriggsTypes.png
477KB, 1200x675px
Which personalities (pic) would suit a slayer character?
>>
>>55420375
INTP
>>
>>55420375
ISTP
>>
>>55420375
ISTJ
>>
>>55413954
>>55419776
>>55419883
>Thanks for bringing be back, still can't believe bunch of gnolls would do me in.
Don't mention it, we're partners after all.
>But I'm surprised, I'm pretty sure we didn't have budget for Resurrection...
Yeah, we didn't.
>So how did you make it?
We improvised.
>What do you mean?
Don't worry about it.
>I hope it wasn't anything...
Don't. Worry. About. It.
>Alright... And what's with the hat?
Geez, will you leave it alone?
>Just wondering, you always used to say you wouldn't wear anything.
Alright, dammit, sold my horn to make for the difference. So what?
>You did what? Why?
They are valued for some alchemist shit, guys helped me hack it off. Didn't even hurt much.
>Oh, wow, I didn't know. Sorry about that.
It's alright.
>So, when is it gonna grow back?
... idiot
>>
>>55420375
ESTP and ENTP also work
>>
>>55420293
Personally Dex=Wis>Con=Int>Str>>>Cha
>t. Investigator player
>>
>>55420211
In general this >>55420314

In specific:
Constitution provides both HP and a Save that at higher levels is the one against most Save or Die effects, as well as a number of Save or Suck effects.

Dexterity provides both AC and a Save that prevents damage for most things that it applies to. It also provides to hit with Ranged Attacks and Finesse Weapons, and can provide damage with Finesse Weapons. (And short ranged ranged attacks w/3.5 content.)

Wisdom provides both Perception and a Save that prevents a lot of Save or Suck effects, and a number of Save or Get Fucked effects. Beyond that, it is the Divine Caster's stat. (With a few exceptions)

Intelligence primarily provides skill points. But it is also the Arcane Caster's stat, which means that it can be an extremely powerful stat, or it can not really matter to the character at all. I'd actually rank it about equal with Strength.

Strength provides Attack and Damage with Melee Attacks and Damage for select Ranged Attacks. It also provides carrying capacity, but no one actually uses those rules because they're too much bookkeeping. Thus, if one is going Dex-Damage, then this stat is entirely worthless, unless your GM makes a negative Str-Bonus affect your other damages.

Charisma provides... mainly skill bonuses which are good RP skills, but other than being the casting stat for Spontaneous casters, it is almost always a dump stat.
>>
>>55420373
No
>>
File: 1491656703675.jpg (77KB, 668x878px) Image search: [Google]
1491656703675.jpg
77KB, 668x878px
>>55420211
Int, spell dcs, spells per day, and general wizard bullshittery. Oh also skill points.
>>
>>55420412
... why is Wis above Int if you're playing an Investigator?
>>
>>55420401
;~;
>>
>>55420317
You know me so well.
>>
>>55420495
Because It's just my perspective on how good the different ability scores are as a whole, not specifically the different scores as they pertain to my class specifically.
>>
>>55420487
Most of that is a function of a class feature, not anything inherent to the stat itself. That's Wizard's making Int good, not Int being good inherently.

That's like saying Charisma is a good stat because Paladin/Oracle Divine Grace combo exists.
>>
>>55420375

Does it mean that INTJ "Just As Planned" Conspirators and ENTJ Conquerors?
>>
>>55420599
Well to be fair, Int increases your skill points and a whole lot of useful, information-gathering skills.

Charisma, without class features, just makes you pretty and personable, which doesn't matter a whole lot when you run into things that you can't talk your way out of.
>>
>>55420640
And most of those skills can be switched fully or partially to another ability score.
>>
>>55420640
Charisma should have been tied to some kind of universal "luck pool" or somethin, or been what dictated Will Saves, or given bonus rank/level in Charisma-based skills if your Int mod was less than half your Cha mod
>>
>>55420661
Dont forget that putting skill points into your stats will scale better then having a higher base.
>>
>>55420640
>Well to be fair, Int increases your skill points and a whole lot of useful, information-gathering skills.
None of which contributes to keeping yourself alive and not murdering your allies like Wisdom, Con, and Dex.
>>
>>55420697
>given bonus rank/level in Charisma-based skills if your Int mod was less than half your Cha mod
This seems inane and just reeks of a lewdfag trying to encourage retarded slut characters.
>>
>>55420362
still, it's funny when you (elf wizard in 3.5) get more HP than the tanks in the group thanks to 18con and lucky D4 rolls
but still die to STR damage really quickly anyway
and come back as a familiar souljack with 20con because you're not an elf anymore
fun times, fun times
>>
File: 1411689916566.jpg (184KB, 640x895px) Image search: [Google]
1411689916566.jpg
184KB, 640x895px
Hey guys, how viable is it to have a 2 level Fighter dip on a Magus? I wanna try to do the build as >>55416677 described, but the earliest I can have it done is by lvl 5 using 2 levels in Fighter. Would I be handicapping myself too hard by doing this? I should also mention that, in addition to taking Staff MAgus my other archetype would be Bladebond, since I want to be able to wield a Rhomphaia or similar as a Black Blade
>>
>>55420750
I'm so tired of the high-cha low-int slut meme. There is more than one way to play this ability score spread, and that's one of the least interesting.
>>
>>55420733
Having the skill points and knowledge skills could mean identifying a foe and being able to figure out what it does beforehand. Of course you'd be right in pointing out that's way less important when you could just not care and power right through it with the other stats.

>>55420750
That was mostly a joke, because nobody can ever agree on what Charisma needs to make it not worthless on its own, and some Cha-based classes will often not even have enough skill points to invest in more than one Cha-based skill, let alone multiples. You also seem to imply that somehow "lewdfags" don't ALREADY play their retarded slut characters without that.
>>
>>55420908
>Of course you'd be right in pointing out that's way less important when you could just not care and power right through it with the other stats.
That's what I meant. I don't think anyone is arguing Int is weaker than Charisma, but it's power really isn't as direct as the other stats. It's more of a convenience thing than anything.
>>
>>55420953
I kind of think Int is like Con, even if it's to a lesser degree. Unless your class is specifically based on it, you don't really want or need a lot, but it's nice to have at least some.
>>
Any good tips for a first time DM besides reading the Pathfinder books and online pages?
>>
>>55421237
Leave this place while you still can. Don't look back.
>>
>>55421277
I mean, I don't really browse /tg/ much. But okay.
>>
>>55420953
>int is weaker than cha
say that to my truckload of skill points, anon
>>
>>55421237
Don't play Pathfinder.
>>
>>55421311
Good tip.
>>
>>55421293
Really, Anon, leave while you can, and don't look back. Live happy life and stay pure. There's things that can't be unseen, sights that will blacken your very soul and shrivel your heart.
>>
>>55421237
1: Don't be afraid of changing the loot or encounter tactics to suit the needs and strategies of your players
2: Restrict yourself and the players. It's no good to start with your players allowed to use every single existing book and 1pp, though be flexible when the nothces on your pistol number one and nineteen more....hours of running
3: Have some water at the table if IRL, let your players have a word on the music if online.
>>
>>55421237
Always know the capability of your players
Boss fights rarely ever work out right
Numbers and Action Economy are the true power in combat
Always know your Sunder Rules
Learn to either research or make shit up on the fly
Whenever there's a problem, usually there's a spell for that
Actually take the time to learn the rules
make flashcards of all combat conditions
Levels 1-3 are hectic, expect things to die really quick, both enemies and players
Once your players get access to Iteratives and buffs, expect combat to get a bit quicker
And if you want enemy combatants to be challenging, use actual positioning and tactics
>>
>>55421339
BIG IIIIIIRRROOOOOON
>>
>>55421237
hide your fetishes in the game, hide them really, really well
check the characters your players make, don't be afraid to give them a big [NO] if they show up with a character minmaxed to hell and back
>>
>>55421237
Give preferential treatment to players to whom you're attracted. It makes them feel special.

Suggest private sessions for roleplay with possible experience rewards or special boons.

Give them a strong NPC buddy who's really powerful, and can save them if they're ever in trouble. The NPC is allowed to gloat a bit about saving them. It's all in good fun, after all!
>>
>>55421237
>>55421502
do no trust this poster, he is a skeleton
reward good roleplaying if you want/must
having too many private sessions is bad, but if everyone gets one one-on-one either during downtime or between "story arcs", i don't really see the issue (and at least the characters will have something to chat about during their next tavern meeting)
making a fun/cool recurring NPC is fine, but he really shouldn't be as powerful (or more) as your PC (groups might react differently to an annoying fan, and you don't have to make them completely useless either)
>>
>>55421611
I'll give you the lewdbone if you keep talking smack, anon. I'm totally trustworthy!
>>
Spirited Charge with a lance seems a bit absurd. This warlord, using the primal warrior stance from primal fury, is charging for 9d6+21 two-handing with 20 str at level 5. Are these numbers right? He doesn't even have power attack
>>
>>55421745
Yes? Also why does he not have power attack.
>>
>>55421745
Was the Half-Giant race on the table?
>>
>>55403671
>What is your character known for?
I'm playing a Char expy in a pirates game, so he's a disgraced war hero who lost his ship, the fastest cutter in the navy which was painted a bright red. People knew him as "The Red Comet."
>>
File: tumblr_opea94yIbK1v2rvero1_1280.jpg (280KB, 830x1328px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opea94yIbK1v2rvero1_1280.jpg
280KB, 830x1328px
My party members are undercover in a cult of Urgathoa and are going to infilatrate a huge celebration attended by countless high ranking members of the goddess' clergy.

I was just wondering what some good activities to have happening at the revel would be?
What sort of debauched and strange party games would some of the most devout of Urgathoa's followers partake in?
>>
>>55421825
1st Mounted Combat
1st Ride-by-Attack
3rd Spirited Charge
5th Improved Initiative
>>
>>55422078
>I was just wondering what some good activities to have happening at the revel would be?
>What sort of debauched and strange party games would some of the most devout of Urgathoa's followers partake in?
The best known festival celebration Urgathoans are know is BEING PURGED BY PALADINS THE DIRTY UNDEAD WORSHIPING BASTARDS! DEUS VULT!!!

Also probably lots of eating until bloated and having sex.
>>
>>55422078
I've played enough NieR to know the skelly is not the biggest concern here.
>>
>>55420750
That would apply to a 20 Cha/14 Int/14 Wis character. He's by no means dumb.
>>
>>55422114
I'd prioritize Power Attack over Improved Initiative
>>
>>55422114
God damn, what the other anon said. But yes, that is entirely expected of a mounted charger build.
>>
File: 1412162020775.jpg (476KB, 958x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1412162020775.jpg
476KB, 958x1000px
>>55420830
I'd like to bump this question, and also I would like a rules clarification. Would a Polearm type weapon used in this set up count as a one-handed weapon for the purposes of becoming a Black Blade, or is that super illegal?
>>
What sphere talent would best represent a Chuuni Eye of Power?
>>
>>55422937
Lets pretend I don't know what that is
>>
>>55422937
That's more of a drawback or tradition or something. Magical Signs or that font of power drawback.

Also, if the Eye Power is an actual power then it's not really Chunni, is it?
>>
>>55422937
Get a cursed eyepatch that prevents you from spending SP but once per day it can be removed to cast a single SP costing effect.
>>
>>55422937
Get the third eye trait and the third eye feat. Fluff it as having 3 pupils in your left eye or something stupid, and keep the eye covered.
>>
>>55422937
Evil Eye. Just Evil Eye.
>>
>>55423306
What feat and trait are those?
>>
>>55423515
http://archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Mutant%20Eye

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/third-eye/

There's also another feat and an item, actually.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/eldritch-eye/

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/third-eye/

And a prestige class, goddamn.
>>
>>55423820
Also, the Mesmerist.
>>
>>55423973
Oh, I missed that. The Scarred Monk can get one too.
>>
New thread

>>55424636
>>55424636
>>55424636
>>55424636
>>55424636
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.