[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is against the rules if it is, I'm sorry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: zAKbZRW.png (27KB, 744x229px) Image search: [Google]
zAKbZRW.png
27KB, 744x229px
Not sure if this is against the rules if it is, I'm sorry. However I was wondering if someone could help me with a backstory? Here's something I've got so far. :) The image is something my DM threw together, was wondering if anyone had any ideas I could use to expand upon to make a legitimate backstory, thank you. :)

(Variant Human / Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline - Silver))
>>
>>55392488
Think about things your character likes, things your character doesn't like, and goals your character has.

Do three of each.

Then include two friends the character had, and two people that don't like the character very much and could be considered foes.

Then think about a story from the character's past that was a formative experience.

1 inch margins, times new roman font, double spaced. I expect it on my desk by Friday evening.
>>
>>55392488
>6ft 1
Now that I think about it almost every RPG character I've seen has been tall. The only exception is when being comically short is their schtick. Nobody makes a 5'8" male fighter.
>>
>>55392683
You've never seen anyone play a dwarf, hafling, or gnome character? Really?
>>
>>55392746
>The only exception is when being comically short is their schtick
Obviously the smol meme races are excluded from my comment.
>>
>>55392488
OP, did your GM write this for you and tell you to work with it, or did he write up your eyes?

Either way, this is not good. It made me roll my eyes pretty hard, and if someone brought this to my gaming table I would take them aside and seriously request they change pretty much all of it.
>>
File: dan working hard on chronicle.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dan working hard on chronicle.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>55392488
Okay - Let me fix it up for you.

First of all, remove the scales and shit - his downside for constant magic abuse should be that his body is slowly dying. He's a bit of a prodigy, yeah, even since he was a kid, he was a genius, the best at his craft. He stewed in the knowledge that he was the best he had ever seen.

Then, he discovered someone else - another child, younger than him, kinder than him, and most infuriatingly, just as, or even more, talented than him.
Since then, he's been solely, almost autistically focused slowly but surely, using his amazing talents in any way he sees fit - his first goal is to overcome mortality, to become a Lich, to make himself undefeatable, a veritable god.

And then, after that, he's going to create the best spell ever seen, something that will make his name go down in history forever. He should be easily angered by anyone else that is any good at magic, especially the types he is best at, and go into long rants about how his talents make him a god and that anyone who defies him is a sinner.

Or, you know, make something that isn't easily improved 2000% by a villain from a japanese children's show.
>>
File: 1433575733070.jpg (287KB, 667x900px) Image search: [Google]
1433575733070.jpg
287KB, 667x900px
>>55394611
Name(Fighter Company, Half-Tiefling Half-Aasimar, feathers inside her right ear due to her rare appreciation of martial arts,
shortish blond hair with blue roots, 4ft 7, age 14)Name is an amateur in her art, there was plenty of requirement for
her to apply to join the fighter company she was rejected from at the age of 10, since she was rejected she has covered in
the time she was given to surrender in her martial arts. Most officials haven't given her support to practice
without hindarances as it wouldn't lead to beneficial outcomes in the air and the company is unconvinced
she would be the foe that would secure the safety that hasn't ever existed. Few fighters
symphatise or pity for she hasn't improved in an art that they spent years training,
to either remove retardant from ice she has the habit of being reserved or hates to deprecate on her incompetency
with respect to some of the fighters.

Happy now?
>>
>>55392488
Assuming the player was willing to have a character arc where he overcomes his own hubris and is willing to tone things down when the party starts gets annoyed with him i think i'd actually be fine with this.

Though as GM i would be heavily tempted to give him a rival who Doesn't hold any negative feelings towards the sorc and actually wishes the sorc the best of luck with his travels. Because he's didn't become a wizard for power, he became a wizard because he just absolutely loves studying magic.
>>
>>55392683
I usually roll for height. But yeah when people can pick they usually got for tall people or 'dwarves'.
>>
>>55392488
Too subtle for /tg/, nice try though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.