[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /tg/ I'm joining a dungeons & dragons group in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Ray.jpg (10KB, 155x325px) Image search: [Google]
Ray.jpg
10KB, 155x325px
Sup /tg/

I'm joining a dungeons & dragons group in a few days at the local games shop. I have zero experience so far.

Should I learn some stuff beforehand? Any good beginners guides out there? Anything else to know like what to do and not to do as a noob. Dont know the guys yet but they accepted my request via e-mail

Pic unrelated
>>
Well, definitely let them know that you're inexperienced. It sucks when someone shows up expecting you to hold their hand and you weren't expecting it. Plus that way they can take things a bit easier on you by not assuming you're already familiar with all the tropes and stuff of the hobby
>>
>>55391000

Try and have a read through of the basics of the rule set before your first session, things will hopefully feel a bit more familiar when you're at the table.

I also recommend having a chat with your DM. They can help out a lot at character creation and you can help them by telling them about the sort of game you'd enjoy.
>>
>>55391000
the basic rules are a free pdf online, try reading that and not worrying about the rest for now
put your ability score modifiers in the big boxes, not the scores themselves. this will make your life easier as a beginner
try to review which dice are which and which you will need to roll the most: the d20, and whatever your primary damage die is
most of all, have fun and if the group is a dick measuring contest in any way, bail. plenty of other groups out there
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.