[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I want to make a bard that breaks the 4th wall, like Deadpool!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Reaction.jpg (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction.jpg
50KB, 800x800px
>I want to make a bard that breaks the 4th wall, like Deadpool!
>He'll take about making saves and mentions the party's levels and AC!
>>
>>55384296
Can work perfectly fine in certain games, so?
>>
>>55384296
>Like Deadpool
You mean the guy who is literally a pile of walking cancer? The one who gets dragged through excruciating suffering every time shit gets real and is practically wishing for Death to take his cursed ass?

ALLLLLRIGHTY THEN!
>>
>>55384296
But that's what all players unironically do anyway.

Honestly at least a character that acknowledges it as their canon would provide a vaguely more verisimilitude.
>>
>>55384296
It's better than having a player who uses deadpool as his characters name, history and token.
>>
>>55385476
This. A bard at leader seems like an interesting choice for a Deadpool-like imitation, rather than something predictably stupid like ninja or rogue.
>>
>>55384296
I made a masochist bard who broke the 4th wall and it worked out okay, but he wasn't aware of meta information about the game, he was aware of bits and pieces about real-world history, and would unknowingly make references to real events or turns of phrase. He wasn't entirely aware of the real world per se, just bits and pieces, especially things related to art (during one notorious battle he began singing the words to "Ode to Joy" in german while a bugbear was garroting him).

It sort of fit the setting, which was essentially a decaying plane where different planes were bleeding into it.
>>
>>55384296
Depends entirely on execution, could be a pretty good character.
>>
>>55384296
Alright, but you'll have to be the only one in the party to have to pass SAN rolls (I mean, fourth wall stuff takes its toll on sanity)), and if you don't pass them, I'm taking away control of your character until the end of the scene.
>>
>>55385974
>he was aware of bits and pieces about real-world history, and would unknowingly make references to real events or turns of phrase
See >>55384717
>>
File: 1374796030634.jpg (58KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
1374796030634.jpg
58KB, 600x595px
>>55388004
I'm keeping this in mind the next time my players try to interact with Cthulhu-esque things.
Thanks anon!
>>
>>55384296
but did he get raped by his entire family?
>>
>>55391145
Deadpool didn't deserve that rape
>>
>>55384296
>I said this the other day on /tg/
>deadpool in marvel TSR
>Got about 5 (yous) telling me how shit it was

Still thought it was fun at the time. But was only for one session
>referred to players by their names in game rather then their pcs names
>Made references to the demon fox girl being played by a guy being magical reem
>Missed an attack an claimed the dice was cocked
>Gos off to play in a better system halfway though and demands that people roll a d6 pool rather then d100

Again, good for a one shot/ one session with a good GM or if your running.
>>
>>55384296
Play Bard/GM-pact-warlock. Praise and hymn the GM in game.
>>
Tell him that you don't want dumb gimmicks in your group.
>>
>>55384296

how to make it good:
>Don't use a D&D system with Saves, Levels and AC
>still talks about them though
>>
File: Deadpool-Thanos-Death-2.jpg (85KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool-Thanos-Death-2.jpg
85KB, 600x661px
>>55384359
>is practically wishing for Death to take his cursed ass?
I mean, yes, but not in the way you meant it
>>
>>55388004
Losing agency is pretty cruddy as a player since control of that one character is all you have. Here's an idea: his character can't perceive anything in the world that isn't metaknowledge. Crucial information that is tied to flavor or fluff is goes right past him. Use this to mislead the player into making bad decisions.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.