[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If your gm made this your next campaign (assuming you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: lord-of-the-rings-fellowship.jpg (128KB, 960x514px) Image search: [Google]
lord-of-the-rings-fellowship.jpg
128KB, 960x514px
If your gm made this your next campaign (assuming you don't know this exists (the book or the movies)) what would be your reaction and expectations?
>>
>>55382745
See DM of the Rings.
>>
I don't know man. LotR is such a giant part of my childhood and the reason I got into DnD and later other ttRPGs in the first place, so it's hard to imagine myself without all those experiences.
>>
File: 1418382897497.gif (92KB, 265x310px) Image search: [Google]
1418382897497.gif
92KB, 265x310px
>>55382745
>fuck you DMPC mary sue bullshit, why can't I play the wizard reeeee
>fuck dickriding these faggot elves so much reeee
>>
>>55382745
>DM bans casting classes
>all DMPCs are casters

FFS
>>
>>55382745
>traverse entire world
>don't level up
y tho
>>
>>55382911
What are you talking about? The hobbits leveled up a lot, Pip and Merry became great fighters. Aragorn switched from ranger to paladin. It's just the elf and the dwarf having an already high level.
>>
>>55382911
>the DMPC dies but comes back at a higher level
>>
>>55382945
>three main characters level up (you forgot Gandalf)
>one multiclasses
>moral of the story is what made you good in the first place wins the day
k
>>
>>55382745
Where's the detailed tax policy?
>>
>>55382968
>watching the DMPC attain untold power while you crawl through the mud on your belly
truly the best ttrpg experience
>>
>>55382745
Since I would be playing Boromir I would feel like the rest of the players don't take the game seriously enough. Then I'd realize that I am being that guy and everyone else is having fun with the way things are, but it's too late and the GM kills my character.
>>
>>55383048
Boromir was quite clearly played by That Guy, right down to the blow horn at start of what is supposed to be a stealth mission, try to change the course of the adventure and get everyone killed and the attempted team kill and loot.

In the end DM kills his character off and he leaves in a huff.
>>
File: comic_lotr91b.jpg (113KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
comic_lotr91b.jpg
113KB, 600x776px
>>
>>55382745
CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD THE RAILROAD!
>>
>>55383048
>>55383069
You get to come back as Faramir, though.
>>
>>55382745
stop describing the scenery and let me do something
>>
>>55382745
>So, wizards are banned, DMPC are wizards, but they don't intervene as much and they don't use a lot of spells? That's better than the last time
>Well, your heroic quest is a bit bullshit, I rather go fuck around but for once you have an idea of what the fuck you want us to do
>>
>>55384565
Best answer so far.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.