[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad players, Bad sportsmanship. Ive finally started playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1474423933394.jpg (112KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1474423933394.jpg
112KB, 700x700px
Bad players, Bad sportsmanship.

Ive finally started playing with my plastic toys, gone to a few small tronys, go the LGS religously now. Having a blast and best of all made friends.

But one of these friends is kinda hard to play with. Fantastic large space marine army. Good friendly guy for the most part.

But he kinda cant stand losing
And he cant remember the rules
And sometimes he tries playing lists that i just dont like fighting

>be me get challanged by this space marines player
> we want to have a casual fun 2000 game, He sets up two stromravens and his Knight
>I politly ask to play something else
>we pull up his battlescrib and look for a army that would pack a large punch against my orks, He wants to make some last minute tweaks
>he takes out some rhinos and razorbacks for a flamethrower landraider.
>he accidently screwshimself by the margin of 400 points
>we dont realize untill after my frist turn
>he wont let me stop the game
>he keeps getting upset that hes losing even tho i asked him to stop and lets just start over
>I tell him to put some more tac marines on the board, he refuses
>I ask him to bring in the knight, he refuses and moans and groans untill finally i win
>later he posts picutres of the farce on social media and starts to turn the local gaming group against me
>oh dont play his orks they are over powered.
>oh i suck at building lists anyway
>I must like DUDE YOU WAS ACCIDNTLY 400 POINTS UNDER ITS ALL INVALID.

(to prevent this from becoming a self help thread posts your experiences. But I would like to know what to do. LGS is about to start new events and i want to play in them and remain competative with out everyone demonizing me for beating that one That Guy)
>>
>>55376899
All him out on his shit, and give your side of the story. Everyone is going to see you as the villain, unless you give them a reason to think otherwise.

On a more general note, congratulations on running into the fine line of "Fun vs WAAC". With something like 40k, you're always going to run into this problem. I would say your best bet would be take two or three good hard units that are efficient, and do their job well, and then take whatever else you think would be fun to try out. (Personally I always thought Kans looked like a lot of fun.)

I've mostly stopped playing table top, but when I did, the issue I would always run into when playing friends was that we just knew what army the other had. You couldn't NOT tailor against the other person, unless you played against the few people who had MULTIPLE armies, and it was agreed upon before hand not to reveal what they would bring. But then you're just at a disadvantage because he knows what you have.

The best you can do is to try to put together an all-comers list, that doesn't have too many glaring weaknesses. The only issue with that is you can start to mono list, and that isn't always fun for you.
>>
>>55376899
Fuck him he's a sore loser and a retard
>>
>>55376899
There's a guy at my local GW that comes in on Sunday (when the newbs and tykes are trying out 500 pt. games) and tries to bait people into fighting his DE warband. He's very unsportsmanlike, tries to use rules from previous editions but chalks it up to ignorance when called on it, flat out tells kids their paint jobs are shit, humiliates opponents when losing, angrily swearing at 12-year olds for rolls, etc.

Me and the store manager have talked to him a few times about his behavior, but he doesn't seem to improve very much. Should I kill his cat to get him to tone it down a little?
>>
>>55380542
>Should I kill his cat
Yes
>>
>>55380542
>I kill his cat
No.
Rape it in front of the other players cats. Let them be warned that their shenanigans will have consquences.
>>
File: 1500077893019.jpg (139KB, 635x681px) Image search: [Google]
1500077893019.jpg
139KB, 635x681px
>>55380542
>delete this
>>
File: 1497057642546.png (221KB, 374x376px) Image search: [Google]
1497057642546.png
221KB, 374x376px
>>55376899
>But he kinda cant stand losing
Get good, absolutely crush him and relish in it, tears are uma delicia. Most people will learn not to be a little bitch if you beat them fair and square a few times.

>And he cant remember the rules
I have a guy like this my local meta for a different tabletop game. Memorise all of the rules and know where to reference so you rules lawyer him hard, do it a few times and he should be inspired to go and read the fucking rule book. This is a fine line to tread though, you have to be polite when you read him the rules and have him dead to rights.

>And sometimes he tries playing lists that i just don't like fighting
People will play the models they want to play. You can't really dictate what they will play. You can however bring an equally unpleasant list for him to fight.

And if he's trying to tailor his army when he sees you deploying call him out on it, mention that it's not in the rules. Suggest seeing each others army lists before deployment.

Your other options is to just not play him. I have one of these guys in my meta who is a fucking tool 50% of the time but he's a tough skilled opponent which I need sometimes.
>>
>>55380542
CAT DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>55380542
The hell? Why does the store owner still allow him to play there? Why haven't you personally BTFO'd him in public yet?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.