[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when trying to build an NPC for Black Crusade because let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: bc01_preview.jpg (58KB, 590x250px) Image search: [Google]
bc01_preview.jpg
58KB, 590x250px
when trying to build an NPC for Black Crusade
because let's face it there are no stats for most chaos marines, and it's always good to give the antagonist something better than a generic profile What is a good model to approach that? where should their stats be? how much exp do you give them that would reflect his power and influence?

anyone got some advice on this?
>>
>>55376881
>no stats for most chaos marines
>What is using PC generation
>>
>>55377013

this
>>
>>55377013
>What is using PC generation
and how much exp do you give an NPC?
what's a good number for say the aspiring champion in a war band? what about the war band's lord himself? what about an alpha legionnaire that's been doing his own thing for some time?

You statement is not incorrect, that is indeed the best way around this, but now the question must be raised as to how much do you advance that character in order to make him be of a power-level that makes sense for his status?
>>
>>55377370
>how much do you advance that character in order to make him be of a power-level that makes sense for his status?

However much makes sense, obviously. I get that tg is autistic but come on dude. You're basically answering your own question.
>>
>>55377370

Fantasy Flight games tend to list tiers.

Personally I'd put a Chapter Master at max level (maybe a few levels beneath if you want to be more heroic in scale) then work down from there.
>>
>>55378131
>However much makes sense, obviously.
well obviously it's hard for me to assign something abstract like exp, to something like social status.

>>55378185
>Fantasy Flight games tend to list tiers.
they do, for infamy at least... don't know how to derive "this is how much infamy this person should have" to "this is how much exp a person with this much infamy should have"
>>
>>55380227
Be less concerned about XP, and more concerned about what makes sense for the npc to be good at.
This isn't D&D, you don't have CR or an XP budget to follow.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.