[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every post that ends in doubles adds a focal point of this setting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 6

File: lanternfolk race.png (703KB, 538x770px) Image search: [Google]
lanternfolk race.png
703KB, 538x770px
Every post that ends in doubles adds a focal point of this setting.

Trips or higher decide the epic evil over this land

I start: a race of lanternfolk
>>
>>55366767
My illustrious magical dick.
>>
>>55366767
People live two realities, they switch realities when one body goes to sleep.
>>
The setting is 90% Highlands and Dwarves are the dominant race
>>
>>55366767
Off by one, reroll
>>
>>55366767
The lanternfolk are mystical creatures who appear to lost travelers, those in doubt over the direction their life is taking, or those who have strayed and seek to repent, showing them the right way and giving hope. Their sightings occur rarer and rarer these days.

The great evil feeds on doubt, sorrow and despair.
>>
lightning doesn't jump from cloud to cloud, but from wave to wave. This is because rambuctious merboys play games of "zap-tag"
>>
>>55366945
No rerolls you punk, it's against the spirit of the thread.

>inb4 i made the thread

If you wanted a lanternfolk thread you should have just made one.

Anyways:
>>55366767
Electronic devices are portals into a cyber-dimension with "physical" laws determined by large corporation.
>>
Magic is generated at the expense of life. Those that have suffered scars both physical and emotional have a greater wealth of power hidden within them.

Alcohol also happens to boost one's power, albeit at the cost of other vital tools such as concentration and accuracy.
>>
Flying is much easier, most things that don't fly are super massive.
>>
When men become truly strong their shadow becomes an echo of their true selves. Once such men pass on their shadows remain in the world until they are reborn under the flickering light of the forest. Such are the elves: long-living, mysterious and wise, watching for men whose legends may yet live among them.
>>
A terrible spectre is sighted on rare occasions all over the planets face. It is the center of several religious cults, and the object of many brace adventurer's quests to find its origin.
>>
>>55367011
Dubs confirms... it is canon.

How many focal points do we want? Once we've reached a threshold we could do a story share with this as our setting.
>>
After a prank gone wrong from the god of chaos 99% of people born are women. This has created a tense political situation where men are a precious commodity.
>>
>>55367035
I say we just keep going until it feels "right"

>>55367011
Storms center around strange floating "dungeons" filled with immense wealth but terrible curses
>>
People being kidnapped by chickens that are not chickens, and replaced by these evil manifested fowl by them standing on each other's shoulders in a skin suit
>>
Monkeys armed with Banana's that fire laser beams.
>>
There is a type of tree that grows ninjas.
>>
>>55366767
small fluffy pillow like objects are used as currency
>>
>>55366973
>When I was young, yet thought myself grown, I took father's money and ran. I wanted to go to the city, I wanted soft kisses and sweetened wine, not the toil on the endless fields of wheat and barley. It was the dead of the night, and an unnatural fog descended on the road. I couldn't see, but I knew I was lost. Fear gripped my heart first, then regret. I have forgotten about the wine and the kisses, the decorated buildings and the wide alleyways. The only thing that could give comfort to my teary eyes were Mother's hugs and Father's righteous eyes. A metallic sound startled me, yet I didn't see anything. It was slowly approaching, and I saw a dim light. I got on my feet, my heart in my throat. Then I finally saw it. It was a creature unlike any I've seen before, resembling a lantern on a mechanical body. It never adressed me, it barely seemed to notice. It just strode at an even pace. I walked beside it. We carried on for two or three hours, in complete silence. The fog seemed to let up, and I started to recognize the landscape. In the distance, I saw my home, the place I wished to leave behind not a few hours earlier. I silently blessed the Gods for sending me this saviour, but, when I turned, I saw neither him nor the fog. I carried on toward my home. It's a story I shall never forget.
>>
There is a moon base owned by an order of knights.

The moon has no atmosphere and neither does their base. This somehow does not impeed them.
>>
>>55367188
Comfy. But how do you carry them around?
>>55367011
There are majestic flying cities and large skyships.
>>
>>55367223
not him but I think they would are carried by stringing them together with needle and thread
>>
>>55367223
if its easy to fly around . then they would be attached to your belt or a strap through strings.
>>
The entire world is underwater.
>>
Elves act like steroetypical rednecks.
>>
File: 1439973884008.jpg (97KB, 1215x657px) Image search: [Google]
1439973884008.jpg
97KB, 1215x657px
>>55366767
Orcs have established their first megacorp. It's the CEO.
>>
>>55366767
everything in the setting is based around or inspired to the aesthetics of first half of 20th century railway system and everything related to it
>>
>>55366767
An all-female race of catgirls who communicate by meowing with different intonations.
>>
the technology is maintained by tiny mysterious faily-like creatures, and the people living there have no idea how any of it works, and view it as some sort of natural phenomenon
>>
>>55366982
Im OP and I didn't reroll that >>55366945

If anything i'm impressed that lanternfolk have this much appreciation
>>
>>55367411
and now the setting is shit
>>
File: 14583186560801.jpg (126KB, 1056x1280px) Image search: [Google]
14583186560801.jpg
126KB, 1056x1280px
>>55367411
Nyan...
>>
Stands exist.

Jojos ones
>>
>>55367451
Dang it.

No-eyed skeletons are a major race
>>
>>55367429
lanterfolks are cool.

they could have come about naturally, if there is some sort of naturally developing technology in the setting.

Also they're mostly blind since they emit light.
>>
>>55367430
Implying it wasn't before.
But OK. Let's roll for it. The setting is now shit.
>>
Kaiju roam in the mountains, and deserts, and other wild places.
>>
>>55367464
notZeus causes 90% of the problems in the setting
>>
>>55367300
>>55367188

double doubles confirm it's good.

maybe those fluffy things help you fly; the more money you got, the higher you fly.
maybe they help you land in a soft pillowy cushion
>>
>>55367466
So, we now have naturally occurred lampfolks and all-female catgirl race. They breed by parthenogenesis, I think.
>>55367470
And the setting is not shit.

And there might be dragons with feathers.
>>
>>55367300
>flying coushin-baloons
I love it.
>>55366767
The main religion is devoted to the god of the calm skies who fights the storm-bringing serpent. We see the clashing of his sword with its scales as lightning. The pure souls go to the god's castle of clouds upon death, and they keep back the storm serpent's legion of impure souls, whose minds are consumed by the storm's wrath and bloodlust. The most important virtue of the pious man is stoic calmness, as it reflects the purity and peace of the sky. If the serpent's forces defeat the sky god's, the world will be consumed.
>>
The political landscape is a decentralized patchwork of city-state-sized "countries". They range in size from hamlet to huge city. There are so many, no-one even knows the exact number.
>>
>>55367411
>>55367430
>>55367449

catgirls are in fact normal cats, who have developed an illusion spell to portray women; in order to trick humans that menace their dumpsters
>>
>>55367411
they live in a separated isolated pocket dimension an if anyone so much as discovers its existence it will collapse on itself and disappear.
they'll never have any role or presence or even be mentioned at all during any game or preparation or backstory.
>>
There are traditional fantasy dwarfs who fly around inside the planet, which is hollow.
>>
There are 2 types of fish folk.

Those with an upper body of a fish, and those with a lower body of a fish.
>>
there are feathered dragons.
their feathers are metallic, with gold and bronze as part of their components. The feathers absorb electromagnetic radiation(photons) for energy and can trap pollutant.
They feed on catgirls, who are bred specifically as dragon meat.
The dragons are roughyl as big as a tall adult male. 90 to 120 kg
>>
Trolls work as salt miners.
>>
all catgirls are dead due to a plague.
It was excruciatingly painful for them.
>>
A massively rich and pompous religious society who float around on their literal farts. Think not-Catholic bishops + Baron Harkonnen.
>>
>>55367532
I like this idea. Except it's not illusion. They are a race that was a result of a magical experiment that merged a female witch with her familiar. That's why they're humanoid, all-female, and still talk by meowing,
>>
there is a race of all male skunks.
catgirls can nly reproduce with skunksboys and skunkboys can only reproduce with catgrls.

skunkboys must be very insistent before a catirls gives in.
>>
catgirls appeared in the setting by accident and must be returned to their home dimension.
during the travel back somethign goes wrong and they all die horribly.
>>
all catgirls die horribly
>>
>>55367686
Nah, catgirls can reproduce with other races, but they naturally reproduce by fission. If you cut a catgirl in halves, she will turn into two specimens.
>>
everyone in the setting is a trap with a big dick. no exceptions
>>
Catgirls are actually the females of the lampfolk. They are considered a separate race becuse of this extreme sexual dimorphism.
>>
>>55367411

there is a separate and unrelated race of catboys as well.

They are spawned at random.
>>
if you manage to put a monocle and a tophat on a wild animal it will become wellbehaved and intelligent, although they'll only have the knowledge they already had.
>>
The largest city in the setting is barely holding together. It's one more building away from being too heavy to hold aloft.
>>
>>55367738
This, and lampfolk communicate by glowing in morse.
>>
>>55367610
>>55367664
>>55367708

Stop rerolling.
>>
>>55367718
it was a reference to pepe le pew and penelope pussycat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lsQfTaStcs

i'd rather all catgirls die or disappear in some way.

rolling for a brain parasite made the catgirl race go completely extinct thousands of years ago.
>>
>>55367749
You only need a knitted hat for this, provided you knit it yourself before you put it on the beast.
>>
>>55367788
Millions of meowing catgirl ghosts are roaming around.
>>
young girls must be careful of goblin men selling their "fruit" at the goblin market.
>>
>>55367788
Catgirl angels come in thousands from the sky.
>>
anyone can use magic to some degree. Magic is relatively easy to use and instinctual and can't be taught. But you must know the effect you are trying to achieve and how it works.

For instance if you're trying to light a fire with magic you must know the chemical and physical principles that cause combustion and use magic to create them.
>>
>>55367788

Some catgirls outlasted the parasite and still survived healthy.
>>
>>55367788
Catgirl empire has influenced the culture of the world. Catgirl references in sculpture, mythos, history, and art.
>>
>>55367868
nope all extinct. read again.
>>55367869
stop trying to make catgirls happen.
>>55367819
this is acceptable I guess
>>
>>55367788
Catgirl time-travellers arrive in billions, unaffected by parasites.
>>
>>55366767
everything has a soul.

Except lanternfolk
>>
>>55367881
You've been trying really hard to make them un-happen. It's fair that they're now an army of undead that cannot be destroyed for good.
>>
>>55367788

See this post:

>>55366982

>No rerolls you punk, it's against the spirit of the thread.
>>
File: 14703926302710.png (5MB, 2400x2940px) Image search: [Google]
14703926302710.png
5MB, 2400x2940px
>>55367911
Nyan, I guess.
>>
Punt the dwarf is a National sport in 3 countries.

It plays like volleyball, but with dwarfs instead of balls.
>>
>>55367939
The undead catgirls are this world vampires.
>>
>>55367917
blame the idiot who tried to insert his fetish into the thread.

>>55367911
>>55367939
becoming unead caused all catgirls to become skunkboys.
>>
Aliens built the pyramids.
>>
>>55367911
the army of undead catgirls is located in hell. It can never be reached and they can never escape it.

>>55367942
punt the dwarf is only played by dwarves.
>>
Sometimes Undead skeletons hide inside undead corpses.
>>
>>55368008
pyramids built the aliens.

and also whisked away to undead caatgirls to an unreachable and unbreachable alternate dimension.
>>
>>55368007
> Someone mentions a race that you have fapped to
>Cry magical realm
Good job! Sometimes a catgirl is just a catgirl, you know. But they're all undead now, walking the earth as half-material meowing nasguls.
>>
>thread starts out well
>starts getting comfy
>some idiot inserts a boring animu fetish race
>another idiot startings complaining
>literally degenerates into no u

Stop. The thread is ruined.
Try again tomorrow.
>>
>>55368078
The greatest villain of the setting is, according to the nations, the wizard who created catgirl brain parasites to destroy catgirls. This magical nazi still lives somewhere, scared of what he has done.
>>
>>55368099
> Cry fetish
No u. The thread goes on.
>>
>>55368078
don't try to get cheeky.
if someone mentions an all female race, a furry one at that, it's clear that they are trying to insert their magical realm into it.
unfortunately there's a lot of people whose only interest in rp is imagining being with a girl an they try to turn all discussions towards only that.
so, no catgirls
>>
>>55368099
Dubs confirm the truth of my statement.
You all need to stop.
>>
>>55368117

Cat girls are not furries.
>>
>>55368115
sorry, the other anon got dubs. The thread stops here.
>>
>>55368117
Clear to whom? To you? In a setting that already features soulless lanternfolk and pillow money?
Fuck you.
>>
>>55368135
>furries are not furries
>>
>>55368146
to anyone who has spent more than 2 days on /tg/.
>>
>>55366767
The main worshipped deity of the setting is Weird Al Yankovich.
>>
File: 1504812310409.jpg (331KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504812310409.jpg
331KB, 600x800px
>>55368130
Not related to the setting. The thread goes on. From the creator of catgirls. Enter tech-savvy leshi race!
>>
>>55368177
dumb race
>>
some cities are ruled by the Pink Elephants
>>
>>55368136
See >>55368177

>>55368159
LOL, you're an idiot.

>>55368149
> Humans are just furless ape furries

Hey... BTW, aren't humans just furless ape furries?
>>
>>55368177
>from the creator of the catgirls

I see you're the sort of person who think they're really fun and interesting but are in reality the guy who insists on inserting "quirky" shit, and their fetishes, into every setting and story. Even if they aren't the GM
>>
Plush money acts like balloons so the rich occupy the highest parts of spire like cities, while only Untouchable plebs walk along the ground.
>>
>>55368196
Nah, they're actually very clever. And their magitech is the only thing that can, not very efficiently, ward off undead catgirls. Robotic mice, ball-throwers, laser traps and vacuum noise emitters are especially powerful.
>>
>>55366767
we never getting trips

Anyway, this is stupid. I can't see what others have written that actually matters.

"Wolves are immortal"
>>
There is a race of Neckbears.
>>
>>55368233
As guy with first dubs I am sad that what I was hoping would be something defining in a unique world is instead ignored for boring overdone Pop-fantasy shit.
>>
The whole world revolves around gambling a la lottery of babylon; dubs are a sign of status, trips, the highest honour.

But some mystics whisper of higher honours still...
>>
So soulless Lampmen, salt mine Trolls and
a Catgirl Zombie army that roams.

Flying is common unless you're absurdly large (are trolls too big?) and currency is fluffy shit that people carry around on string loops and such.

The world is very cold, and grey dominates the landscape.
>>
Girls have penis and boys have vagina.

Why?
A wizard did it, and was promptly beaten up.

It is believed the changes have reverted.

These events lead to his exile from the civilized countries and the eventual creation of the laser barfing whale.
>>
>>55368278
I feel for you man, I've never seen a fully airborne setting.
Lots of airship shit, but never an alien aerial world.
>>
>>55368278
So what makes flying easier than other forms of locomotion? Do the inhabitants just naturally know how to float on the winds of aether?
>>
Flourescent algae slowly grows on the north side of everything that touches the air. It takes a long time, though. Lanterfolk have some kind of strong link to it.
>>
It is spoken that the god Timmy the terrible was displeased that his people had failed to construct his giant sandcastle.

He then cursed them with giant dinosaurs.
>>
Golden statues of a race similar to catgirls but without the ears cover the bottom of the seas. They are inert, but hold mysterious mechanisms within them.
>>
the planet is hollow, filled with the crumbling remains on of a once great super civilization that harnessed the power of the planets core. sometimes old technology is brought back up to the surface by relic hunters or ruins surfacing through tectonic movement.
>>
At night, the black sky is populated with glowing rings that look like distant lights. Lanternmen believe the dead join them and that each ring marks an age.
>>
>>55368326
I was inspired by an shitpost where everything was a sort of gryphon.
>>55368329
I figured the gravity was less with a heavier atmosphere (I don't into science). Maybe something about the surface that makes walking hard (mountains maybe?)

Rolling for very hot surface/ magma and hot springs that provide both surface hazards and lift
>>
>>55368424
If the gravity was low as hell and the ground was mountainous almost everything being airborne would make sense - travelling from peak to peak would take forever on foot and if flight it easy everything would fly.
>>
>>55366767
Everyone in the setting thinks wearing white socks with sandals is the peak of fashion.
>>
>>55368444

I guess we found on of our epic evil.
>>
>>55368444
Trips make it real.

Thankfully for lanternmen, they are born with redundant manipulators they can use to hold onto things and a very strong core structure. Catgirls can use their tails, which makes the undead menace a big danger to large population centers.

Miner trolls are too massive and dense to float, so they live in the world below. They have to way to visit a floating city.
>>
>>55368444
Witnessed

Want to take stab at super evil?
>>
>>55368444
>>55368503

I'm not quite sure how to turn that into an epic evil - maybe the ground is getting progressively more mountainous and dangerous - possibly due to >>55368388

>>55368501
Fuck catgirls.
>>
>>55368516
Sounds sick.
>>
>>55366767
Mein Benis :DDD
>>
>>55368516
Lanterns are old automatons that search the valleys for a way to stop the process.
>>
>>55368516
Hey, I hate them too, but I'm already ignoring one of the retard's races.

The land is peppered by vertical shafts, ten feet wide and several hundred feet deep at the shallowest. The shafts are filled with water, and they are the main cause of death for the unaging trolls that inhabit the surface. Accidentally breaking into one can cause an entire salt mine to collapse, and the large amount of water will erode it to nothing shortly after.

This also makes for large cave systems underground.
>>
Air currents dictate trade and travel, maybe >>55368653 causes weird out of place weather
>>
ROBOTIC PANTHERS FROM THE ASTEROID BELT.
>>
>>55368933
I think this is proof that this system for worldbuilding doesn't work. I refuse to participate any further. Good day fa/tg/entlemen
>>
>>55368955
Dubs confirm thread is kill
>>
>>55367655
Underrated
>>
>>55369089
I tried to work them into every addition I made because I thought they'd be cool (even though it was clearly a joke suggestion). Sadly, we've got robotic space panthers and a dead setting instead, because we can't have nice things.
>>
>>55369121

I made the trolls and panther suggestions.

I don't really think the panther thing is that dumb honestly, Given this >>55368388
>>
>>55369178
Except >>55368388 was at least somewhat consistent with the setting. yours isn't
>>
>>55369236

How would one go about fixing that?

Who says there needs to be a lot of them, or naturally occuring?

Maybe something like this?

They were artificial pets and workers made on by a catgirl colony from there. The colonies attempted to harness power from the asteroids like they did their main planet, but they died out.
>>
>>55369414
there is a difference between tying in and tacking on
>>
>>55368278
>>55368326
>>55368329

Once I made a sketch for a setting that started from this premise; if you want, we can make a thread tomorrow and try to worldbuild it.

(copy-paste from my notes:)

Once upon a time, a long long time ago, the Sun and the Gravity God we're fierce enemies to each other. One day they fought each other on a duel, and though they were equals both in size and strenght, the sun won; and then he broke the body of the Gravity God into little pieces and scattered them around the void.

As the years passed, the floating residues we're drawn to those pieces, wrapping them and thus creating the planets. Nobody knows how many planets there are, due to them being orbiting constantly around the sun in different distances and planar inclinations; and creating an useful map comprehending them is a futile task. The smallest habitable planets can barely fit a house; the biggest one, which also holds the biggest city known to man, is about the size of the real Earth's moon.

All those planets share the same atmosphere. There is air between them which can be breathed. There runs the wind and the clouds, alongside birds, people and even birds: if you're outside the gravitational pull of a planet, you can use friction to "swim" in zero gravity (artificial wings, crank-powered propellers or bird carriages are also popular) A traveler may go from planet to planet like that, if he manages to lift off from the departure planet. Jumping high enough may do the trick on very small planets; in greater ones you might need a rocket, a pole or jumping from a high tower specially built for that purpose. (Note that, even though the average surface gravity is roughly earth-like in every planet, the gravitational field radius is ridiculously small compared with ours, and always proportional to the planet's size). It is wise to carry a parachute or other means of cushioning when landing on a planet.
>>
>>55371402
cont.

Due to this conditions, big interplanetary vehicles are extremely rare. There are, however, some land and sea vehicles on big planets where they can be useful. The other thing that exists only in bigger planets is true night; and even that isn't ever total darkness, as the light is reflected from the atmosphere behind the planet. However, the most further from the Sun is a planet, the darker and colder it is.

People around this universe practises martial arts, inspired, at least philosophically, in things they have closer: gravity, the Sun, birds, whales, etc. The most used weapons are slings, poles, nets or javelins, which are useful to hunt both on land and on zero gravity (you can send a slingstone really, really far in there, and shooting wrapped messages around a stone or a present is a feasible way of interplanetary communication)
In other ambits, technology levels are very different from a planet to other, as there is little trade or communication between the different lands. The same goes for religion, philosophy or other fields of knowledge. There are also certain old and strange wise men and women who study the movement of the spheres and can foresee which planets are gonna meet soon, or which directions to take to get to a specific place so one may travel there.

People on this lands strangely wage war due to the impossibility of worlds to be near the sufficient time; but figthing duels on single combat is a traditional way to settle disputes, just like the Sun and the Gravity God did. From time to time, martial arts fighters go traveling the world searching for ways to improve their strenght, searching for masters, foes and adventure, and maybe searching for the magic item _________ which can _____________ and is totally essential to fulfill the dream of ___________________ of one of the characters.
>>
>>55371402
>alongside birds, people and even birds

typo: i meant even Whales. Whales can swim on zero gravity AND also breath because they breath air
>>
Casting magic eats away at your physical form, starting at your toes. The last things to go are (in this order): Your hands, your heart, then your mind.
>>
>>55366767
A curse that causes characters to sneeze dicks. Literal dicks just shooting out of their nose and mouth.
>>
>>55368444
>>55368444
>>55368501

lamkfolks could propel themselves with the same gas they use to keep their lamps alight
>>
>>55369121
>>55369236
well, as per
>>55367466

mechanical organisms evolve naturally, so mechanical felines could exist. And with the existence of catgirls they could tie in to the origin of the world and some mystery relating to the big evil.
>>
Everyone has backwards knees and 3 legs
>>
>>55366767
There's giant mecha tournaments every year. Victory brings honor and prestige to their home.
>>
>>55366767
everything is run by explosions and nuclear power. No exceptions
>>
Somewhere in the world there are flying invisible disembodied forearms that try to possess people's forearms. Only a small percentage of people can see these arms, if these people are possessed, they can now detach their forearm and make it fly. If a person that can't see the forearms is possessed, the possessed arm will try to kill the person. when the person dies a new phantom forearm is created from the corpse.
>>
>>55366767
/tg/ isn't shit in this setting.
>inb4 well, at least make it believable
>>
>>55368955
Ahahahahahaha
>>
>>55366767
Everything is a Jojo reference
>>
>>55375086
Rerolling this
>>
>>55366767
The gods exist and very regularly interfere in mortal affairs and politics.
>>
>>55366767
Kender exist
>>
>>55367655
Lantern people's flame dies if they fly too high because of the cold. The lantern people are actually products of the former civilization that lived inside of the planet. The space panthers know this. They live in an asteroid belt that's too far away to affect the planet, but they scream the Truth to the planet, which can be heard by lantern people that fly too high and too as whispers. Lantern people that lack the flame are persecuted for their knowledge of the Truth
>>
>>55366767
Thinking that a system of completely random rolling would make anything coherent or not reward random shitposting was your first mistake. If you're gonna participate in one of these things and get salty when completely random shitty posts are elevated, you apparently don't understand how the entire premise of the thread works in practice.

I could say "random pockets of air float through the sky, rendering those who enter them completely weightless. They even sometimes drift through cities as a sort of low-scale magical anomaly." and have the EXACT same likelihood to get noticed as "Cthulhu exists and he spends all his time fucking chickens."
>>
>>55366767

Those who use magic become better at channeling it but also more susceptible to it. Those who do not use magic are resistant to it and are severely less effected by it.
>>
>>55377075
except you can ignore the catposting which makes for a pretty fucking good setting still.
let's recap so far.
>>55368444
There's a race of flying, mostly blind, lanternfolk that use small fluffy pillow like objects as currency, most commonly connected by string or on belt. the planet is hollow, filled with the crumbling remains on of a once great super civilization that harnessed the power of the planets core. but since we have >>55367655 and >>55368444 we know that there's mountains and mining still, meaning that the civilization was pretty deep underground. This also makes sense considering there's an asteroid field. There is some sort of naturally developing technology in the setting (probably related to the civilization down under) that birthed the lanterfolk. There's also a race of automaton panthers living far away on the asteriod belt (I'll just assume also birthed by the mysterious developing technology). So far I think people should incorporate more developing tech race designs. I'm actually loving the thread so far.
Here's my attempt in case I get dubs; the trolls are the ones that hunt for relics. They're massive, much bigger than trolls in most settings and can't fly, they're inherently jealous beings, so much so that they only mine salt to make each other jealous with how much salt they possess. They seek to dominate the skies because of their desperate jealous nature
>>
>>55377338
If you ignore the only rules of the thread then sure, you can do that. At that point you should just decide things by committee, though.
>>
>>55377356
I'm only ignoring the catgirls in my post, because that's such a clusterfuck that I can't make heads of tails of it even if I tried. If I left anything out please point it out but I think I covered everything
>>
>>55377356
Yeah, if you don't want to bother with this thread's rules, you might as well just make a new worldbuilding thread.

Talking bird people
>>
>>55377387
I'm sure you "only fudge a few rolls", too.
>>
>>55367900
Added.

Hey, what about highly valued, extremely rare life crystals that shatter upon death and rewind time to before the user died? They're found by those troll slat miners.
>>
>>55377474
Hey, nice repeating dubs! It is confirmed.
>>55366767
Flatheads (the downie race) exist, and dominate the airship industry.
>>
>>55377531
rerolling for Flatheads.
>>
There's an emerging race of sentient printing machines that are scared of fire but lack legs to run away from it. They spread like plants with pollen. And they are keepers of false informations. It's like a library of information that you have to read in reverse
>>
Crystal that when you eat it, it liquefies and then coats your internal organs. You are now able to eat anything.
>>
>>55366767
OP, this thread is rife with examples on why worldbuilding threads are better when it's based on a vote system instead of dubsandtrips.
>>
>>55366767
The floor is lava.
>>
>>55366945
>>55366767
I consider 6767 to be dubs
>>
>>55381311
Well you're wrong and you have been for years.
Go back to redtit
>>
The secret to immortality is old car engines.
>>
>>55366767
The days people die they start having dreams about their death, and experience visions of things that will happen after they're dead, until eventually they come face to face with their own dead self moments before they die.
>>
>>55366767
The world is full of monsters of a variety of shapes and sizes that are dicks simply for the sake of being a dick.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.