[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 23

File: 1466542536083.jpg (38KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1466542536083.jpg
38KB, 736x552px
Previous thread: >>55325264
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/the-labor-party-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Which Touchstones are the best? Most stable? Most fun?
>5th edition cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
File: the world of darkness.png (7MB, 1871x2759px) Image search: [Google]
the world of darkness.png
7MB, 1871x2759px
>>55352799
Wow, that's embarrassing.

Previous thread: >>55338214
>>
>>55352842
So I guess in order for a praxes to be better than a rote you would need to be a master in the arcanum of the spell. Praxes are better because of the 3 successes for a Exceptional right?
>>
>>55353483
Praxis are for stuff that you cast often and can cast easily, rotes are best for spells you need extra reach for and access to a hopefully decent mudras yantra.

Pick a 1 dot spell for a praxis so you can spam it for ES and regain mana or get arcana beats.
>>
>Can two mages who different arcana join together to create a new spell or make an adjunct spell (like spirit shield with death) or is that a no go?

You were told to read the book....

But no, mages can work together to cast a spell but must have at least 1 dot in the arcana to cast the spell and it works like a nromal Teamwork action, ie giving extra dice to the group leader.
>>
The Mage Errata says that rote mudras can't go above five dice, even if a gnosis 6 mage raises the skill to six dot. Does that also apply to order skills, so that an Arrow with Athletics 4 gets the same dice as an Arrow with Athletics 4?
>>
>>55353684

Yantra TOTAL bonus it cant go above +5 total AFTER any penalties, indiv yantras can be over +5
>>
>>55353604
>told to read the book
English isn't me natieve langedge fren.
>>
>>55353772
One wonders if the +5 cap includes the order rote bonus dice, it says skill up to +5 then a extra 1 dice for order rote skill.
>>
Is there a book about supernal beings/spirits? Like Book of Spirits
>>
>>55353983
Summoners book describes 2 supernal beings per path.
>>
>>55353772
I'm talking specifically about this Errata note:

Mudra Yantras cap at +5 each. It's still possible to, say, give yourself Athletics 5 with one spell before casting an Athletics-based rote for maximum effect, or buy a superhuman skill with a Gnosis above 5, but it won't benefit rotes.
>>
Any new news on Hunter? Been out of the loop for about three weeks
>>
So, a while back an anon asked for an Obrimos Death Legacy. Dear anon, this is dedicated to you. I decided to play a bit with the Attainment fluff. Take and use of this whatever you see fit. My commentaries are in blue, to try and elaborate on some of the stuff.

May Gate-chan forgive me for speaking ill of her realm. I didn't mean it, I swear.

Now we need a Mastigos Matter Legacy of Caydes to satisfy the other anon.
>>
So someone finds a location with an Avernian Gate. Are there any sure fire ways for anyone to open them, or are you stuck hunting for references in occult texts or hoping you stumble on someone with the ability to force one open before you can walk into the underworld?
>>
>>55354171

Three weeks is about an hour when you compare WW release cycles to any normal company's.

Here's looking at you, Deviant
>>
>>55354655
What are you talking about anon. W20 and the Jihad Diary are right on schedule! And we'll get Signs of Sorcery any day now.
>>
Hello, I guess this is kindaoff-topic right now but for our VtM Game I need the Book of the Wyrm and the Book for Werewolves/Garou as Player Characters in general.

If anyone can give me links to download those as PDFs or maybe just to read them I would be very grateful, If this is possible at all.
>>
>>55355141
See the pastebin.
>>
>>55354239
I don't see this legacy being even remotely playable during any kind of real game. As it is it's just nice fluff.
>>
>>55355017

Oh absolutely. And Deviant'll be out tomorrow
>>
>>55354239
It's an interesting concept, but some of this is totally bonkers. Just nonsensical. No Vice? No risk of Paradox? I don't even know what the Attainments even do. And needing Resolve and Composure 5 to even be initiated? To be an initiate? What?
>>
>>55355260
>>55354239
I agree that it's too much fluff and not enough substantial rules, but I think the side effect of your Oneiros turning into an emanation realm is pretty cool.
>>
>>55354541
Death arcana can open it, not at my books but prob 2 or 3, giests also prob have ways to open em
>>
File: Iris Mechanics.png (52KB, 1164x317px) Image search: [Google]
Iris Mechanics.png
52KB, 1164x317px
>>55354541
>>55356177
Yes. You totally can.
>>
>>55356177
Death 3 to open an avernian gate. It's arcana 3 to open 'iris' phenomena.

All gates have keys it's just that most supernaturals have an alternate way of forcing open a gate in the event that the key is too much of pain in the ass to deal with.
>>
What are the best arcana for slaveholder and slavers?
>>
>>55356706
Mind, matter and life
>>
>>55356706
That'll be relevant in the pirate Dark Eras.
>>
>>55357002
Nah, the Mage part will probably be about Mage shit, not pirate shit.
>>
What could conceivably represent a threat for all Mages ? Something that would either threaten to kill them all without damaging sleepers too much, or outright strip them of their powers ?
>>
>>55357153
>implying the Mysterium won't be sailing the seas and diving down to the depths to search for ruins and artifacts, or stealing artifacts from others
>implying the Arrow won't be involved in Sleeper conflicts and otherwise striving for conflict
>which in the Golden Age of Piracy means high seas battles
>implying the Free Council won't be striving to buck hierarchies and study the culture of Sleepers in the era
The only ones who I can't really think of a reason to be involved with piracy are the Silver Ladder and the Guardians.
>>
>>55357202
>What could conceivably represent a threat for all Mages ?

I imagine that will be discussed in the upcoming Contagion Chronicles.

>GenCon 2035
>>
>>55357202
...The Abyss? Other Mages? Supernal shenanigans?
>>
>>55357238
Seers will probably directly be involved with slavery as well.
>>
I heard that Dave recently left OPP to work on Shadowrun. Is it true?
>>
>>55357414
No.
>>
>>55357274
>>55357282
Wouldn't the Abyss mess up everything forever ?
>>
>>55357414
Yes.
>>
>>55357414
>I heard that Dave recently left OPP to work on Shadowrun. Is it true?
The super majority of Onyx Path writers can't 'leave' onyx path because they were never employees, just contracted writers/devs.
>>
File: dead komodo.jpg (232KB, 1549x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dead komodo.jpg
232KB, 1549x1080px
>>55357414
Yes. It is the end of an era. Fare thee well, Dave Brookshaw. The best developer Mage ever had.
>>
File: 1564384568454.jpg (19KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
1564384568454.jpg
19KB, 540x489px
Brucato > Dave
>>
>>55357581
This is culturally insensitive hate speech
>>
>>55357414
>I heard that Dave recently left OPP to work on Shadowrun. Is it true?

I heard he was going to publish his own rpg about magical talking lizards.

>KomodoMire
>>
>>55357873
>rpg about magical talking lizards
Adding plagiarism to his long list of crimes
>>
>>55354171
Nothing much if i recall.
>>
>>55357414
yes. He cited the cult like environment and decided he wanted a challenge
>>
>>55357581
I wonder if Brucato ever posts here. Do you think he was /x/fag?
>>
How intelligent is a frenzying kindred?
Could it operate an electronic keypad in order to get into or out of a room?
>>
>>55359076
No. They've got animal cunning, but that's about it. One riding the wave could, though. The Man would still be close enough to the surface.
>>
>>55358981
Brucato was too dumb to figure out how to post on reddit, I doubt he could even find 4chan.
>>
How difficult would it be to run a oneshot of VtR for a group that is familiar to gaming, but not WoD rules?
I have a plot in mind, but I am still trying to iron out details.
>>
>>55357238
Arrow legacy about cutlass and various pirate things when?
>>
>>55359400
For a one shot it would be easy since all the subsystems and other detritus that makes VtR 'complex' only matter in long campaigns.
The core rules are as simple as any other system.
>>
File: wtfpeople16_1.jpg (49KB, 447x600px) Image search: [Google]
wtfpeople16_1.jpg
49KB, 447x600px
Hey /CofD/ I was the poster a few threads back who asked about how a West Marches style CoD game would run. I've started planning it but wanted to get some hot opinions on Compacts in HtV. All players will know of each other and be members of a conspiracy theorist website I've started hosting but I'm wondering about whether it would be a good idea to:

>A. Make the website a homebrew Compact the players are a member of.

>B. Make the website part of an in game Compact (Network Zero)

>C. Don't make it a compact at all, just leave it as something they're all involved with.

Thoughts?
>>
>>55359473
I am doing this for 8+ people.
I plan to pregen the pcs, 15 in total, and have the players pick them up blind. I do plan to have some, what some would deem according to their own compass, offensive characters, and the iron rule is you pick it up, you play it straight, no frills, no bullshit.
They will all be fairly fresh vamps, the closest equivalent to shovelheads you will find in a new city, each rounded up by the Duke for feeding in his fiefdom without making proper greetings and 3 of the 15 pcs will be a mole working for the Duke.
He will make them an offer: do a job for him and be granted clemency, or refuse and accept the punishment (staked and buried at riverside where the summer floods will eventually expose you to the sun).
Their job will be to locate and bring in ALIVE a daeva going around calling himself Alucard del Lucavi san Girugamesh for flagrantly violating the Masquerade so he can be made an example of. They have 3 days, and I plan to count every 1.5 hours real time as a night, and they need to find cover from the dawn asap.
>>
>>55359449
Why not right here, in this very thread? Let's make one.

The Arrow swore off Sleeper conflicts after WWII. In the age of pirates, that separation had not been made, and Obsessions were chased and wars fought at the same time. Independent warships, both pirates and privateers, appealed to Arrows who wanted to run freelance military units with cutting-edge technology. Some even created a Legacy so connected to this specific technology that it's gone from state-of-the-art to quaint anachronism over the centuries. It exists side-by-side with other Arrow wargear Legacies — artillerists, cavalrymen, the cult of the battle rife.

They'll need oblations and attainments related to swordfighting and ships. Ever read On Stranger Tides? Basically pirates with Spirit magic. Animism is a comfortable fit for the milieu, it's reasonable to have pirates believing that swords, ships, the wind, the ocean, etc. have spirits.

What Path should the Legacy have? If the Legacy's related to the Black Tower faction of the Arrow, they focus on oaths, making them suited to Fate Acanthus. If they're closer to the Crucible, their wild heroics may need Life magic for backup, making them a Thyrsus doubleup (no added Ruling Arcanum, so that's bad). They shouldn't be Mastigos, because you don't need a pirate ship to travel if you have Co-Location. Obrimos could work because of Forces — power over wind and weather, essential to the age of sail. Moros might be the best choice; ghosts go well with pirates, and Matter goes well with object animism. I like Moros with Matter secondary, and attainments that enhance swords and ships both materially and spiritually.

To keep them from being a dumb kitsch Legacy with no practical advantages, I'd like them to be flexible enough that you can get away with having a vintage car and a machete instead of an authentic wooden sailing ship and a cutlass. If a figurehead can help spirit-awaken a ship, a custom hood ornament can help spirit-awaken a car.
>>
>>55359735
I'd suggest A or C. With a West Marches player group, you want them to feel like they're building their successes themselves, not like a crowd of NPCs dominates the larger organization that dwarfs their PC group.
>>
>>55360001
Isn't Space incredibly nerfed since it's mandatory to have a sympathetic yantra on top of a workable connection now?
>>
>>55360080
Space has actually been buffed in 2e, along with Prime. It's a very powerful asset.
>>
>>55360112
Let me clarify then, travelling with Space?
>>
>>55360080
You can just send something familiar ahead of you. Hurts to lose the photograph method but it wouldn't have helped in pirate times anyhow.
>>
>>55360025
Yeah that was my concern, it's just that Network Zero is very similar to what I had already homebrewed. I'll tweak the setting a bit and go with C I think. The players can always try and find contacts from the other compacts if they so desire.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>55360147
Yeah, that's why I figure Reality Stalkers as done by Legacyfag would be a pretty potent Legacy for Mastigos in 2e, as your attainments don't require sympathetic yantras, only that you've seen the location in at least a high definition photograph.
>>
>>55360121
Its still easier to travel in 2e than 1e with space
>>
>>55360121
Can you use remote sensory range and cast colocate on locations you are viewing live and bypass the need for using the sympathetic attainmant ?
>>
>>55359449
>>55360001
Legacy structure: conventional Mentor/Student. They used to do pirate crews but there are too few anymore, although one or two Legacy members are involved with modern high-seas piracy.
Initiation: trials of combat, theft, flight, and pursuit. These days, usually a highway heist.
Yantras: human skull, sword/dagger/knife, rum, pistol
Oblations: sparring with swords, a scene of drunken carousing, time spent pleasing the object-spirits of your ship/car/weapons/alcohol/trophies, tribute to a spirit ally

1st Attainment: Coaxing the Spirits, Remote Control. Coaxing the Spirits can only be used with the mage's personal weapons and means of travel. Remote Control can take any valid target. Back in the day, Remote Control was useful for controlling mechanisms on board a sailing ship. It is now much more multipurpose.

2nd Attainment: Opener of the Way (non-Instant, Advanced Duration), Find the Balance. The mage performs a ceremony for a Resonant thing, Opening it to the spirits. A sword may be sharpened and polished, a handgun cleaned, a car washed and waxed. Others can assist in the ceremony, such as when a crew scours the deck of a ship. The ceremony often substitutes rum for some other liquid, such as cleaning a gun with rum. With Matter, Find the Balance is added to the effects of Coaxing the Spirits.
>>
>>55360307
Yes + Live feed webcam equals easy mode travel.
>>
>>55360323
>>55359449
>>55360001
3rd Attainment: Rouse Spirit, Nigredo and Albedo. The mage rouses the spirit of a weapon he has taken a human life with, or of a vehicle he has stolen a treasure with. With Nigredo and Albedo, the mage may spend 1 Mana to fully repair any weapon or vehicle whose spirit he has roused in this way.

4th Attainment: Craft Fetish (non-Instant, Advanced Duration), Windstrike. The mage's Opener of the Way rite can now be used to create fetishes. Any spirit which accepts can be bound to a fetish. Spirits the mage has roused with the 3rd Attainment are favorably inclined to become his fetishes. The Windstrike Attainment lacks most of the spell's normal functions, merely creating or removing the Heavy Winds Tilt at will, with no cost.

5th Attainment: World Walker, Ex Nihilo. The mage may pay 1 Mana to materialize a spirit he has roused with the 3rd Attainment, and a vessel with a spirit so roused may pass between the Shadow and the material, including all crew and cargo, with an instant action by the mage, who must either be controlling the vessel manually or communicate an instruction to its spirit. With Ex Nihilo, the mage may spend 1M to materialize a permanent physical copy of a weapon or vehicle whose spirit he has roused with the 3rd Attainment, although this does not create a duplicate of the roused spirit.
>>
>>55357921
?
What is he plagiarizing with that?
>>
>>55359449
The Brotherhood of the Demon Wind are Awakened swordmasters. They're supposed to be super weeb, but you can ignore that.
>>
>>55360686
Am I the only one who hates wizards using swords? Unless you're Gandalf, of course.
>>
>>55360686
I don't know, I'm kind of really digging this pirate Legacy this guy is writing out, although the fixation on rum is a little silly.
>>
>>55360751
I'm thatfag, take the rum out if you like. It seemed right for the Tim Powers angle — On Stranger Tides (the book, not the almost completely unrelated movie) is basically Pirate Santeria: The Voodooing. But I don't see this as a finished Legacy I wrote, just a starting point for anybody else in the thread to fix up. What do you think is a good spirit-ritual element for the Legacy to use instead of rum?
>>
File: DMG35_PG187_WEB.jpg (57KB, 400x419px) Image search: [Google]
DMG35_PG187_WEB.jpg
57KB, 400x419px
>>55360717
>Fighter Double Standards
I'll have you know In THIS day and age Eldritch Knight is an accepted class archetype in the core book. Get your dated wiztard politics out of here.
>>
>>55360717
Probably not.

Really though, when you can fuck holes in reality, using any mundane wepaon is a but silly.

At least swords are a potent symbol.
>>
>>55360717
>Katana Wizards have always been the best part about World of Darkness
>>
>>55360866
It's not just about the weapon itself here. You also awaken and cultivate the spirit of that weapon for use as a supernatural minion.
>>
>>55356754
Why matter?
>>
>>55361029
Not that anon, but maybe for super shackles, super cages, and DRUUUUUUUUUUUUGS
>>
>>55360792
>What do you think is a good spirit-ritual element for the Legacy to use instead of rum?
Sea water?
>>
>>55361090
Hmm, workable. Maybe a little common in some games. Seawater is about right if your game is set inland.
>>
>>55361243
Is being common an issue? Couldn't you go down to any liquor store and buy some rum?
>>
>>55360892
That really just sounds like the Lords of the Inanimate
>>
is it possible that a person could have Awakened to two different Paths in two different timelines?
>>
>>55361281
Yup, spirit object magic will have spirits as a side effect no matter who does it. I really like the Lords of the Inanimate too.
>>
>>55361279
Yeah, but you at least buy it, it isn't like picking dirt up off the ground. If you're sailing in a whole ocean of seawater, is it really precious enough to be a tribute to a spirit?
>>
>>55361325
Yes
>>
>>55361325
No. I believe your Path is pre-determined.
>>
>>55361347
Maybe sea water from way out at sea, or sea water collected while in a storm?
>>
>>55361325
If their lives go differently enough, sure.
>>
>>55361325
Maybe. Who's to say.
>>
>>55357414

Is it supposed to be part of the joke that Catalyst hasn't actually hired anyone to write a book in almost a year? Shadowrun as a line is pretty much dead at the moment.
>>
>>55361686

No, I think it's more about another established gameline that has clear mage supremacy.
>>
>>55361731

Oh, OK, I thought it was a knock on the one company that works slower than OPP. Shit, this joke has layers.
>>
>>55361731
Is there a gameline with mages where they don't have supremacy?
>>
>>55361810
Yeah, like two. Maybe MAYBE three.
>>
>>55361810

There's mage supremacy, and then there's DaveB Mage Supremacy!
>>
>>55361810
The closest to that would be actual balance. Like Anima, for instance. But that's just annoying weeb shit.
>>
Why should fucking martials be the equals of wizards. Idiots.
>>
>>55361810
Alpha Omega. Your average 'wizard' is going to get off one, maybe two spells before they're exhausted and firing a crotch gun.
>>
File: savage-genetalia-freak-legions.png (240KB, 461x595px) Image search: [Google]
savage-genetalia-freak-legions.png
240KB, 461x595px
>>55361978
>Not starting with the crotch gun
Why even have a crotch gun?
>>
>>55362001
Usually because it was free and your physis score didn't matter, or because it was airborn and thrusting wildly into the air to unload is moderately suicidal when a gigantic winged cross between a sperm and a protoss is flapping around trying to breathe negation on you.
>>
File: 1433532035996.jpg (44KB, 470x317px) Image search: [Google]
1433532035996.jpg
44KB, 470x317px
>>55362001
why
>>
>>55361862
>There's mage supremacy, and then there's DaveB Mage Supremacy!

I admit I would be very curious what Dave could accomplish if given free reign to produce his own horror/urban fantasy game from scratch.

I would, however, be a little concerned with the actual mechanics since he apparently was integral in developing the new system for Scion and Trinity which from the spoilers seems like a combination of the worst aspects of WOD and FATE.
>>
>>55362272
Scion and Trinity look fine, you turd monkey.
>>
File: dog spirit.jpg (42KB, 382x345px) Image search: [Google]
dog spirit.jpg
42KB, 382x345px
The Abyss is immune to supernal magic, but not, like spirit magic, right? So a Thyrus (or werewolf) can make a fetish that uses the Blast numina and go to town. And for ghosts and goeta, and such.
>>
>>55362297
The Abyss is only immune to select Arcana, I believe. Depending on the Abyssal whatnot.
>>
>>55362297
The Abyss isn't immune to Supernal magic. Where did you get that from?
>>
>>55362368
I thought that was Lower Depths shit? the realms where it's missing certain Arcana phenomena?

I don't think that would even mean its immune to begin with,
>>
>>55362297
Prime 4 has Celestial Fire, which affects all twilight entities regardless of 'wavelength'. Gulmoth are basically spirits with added weirdness, while Acamoth are Goetia. They're not really immune to much unless you deliberately build them with some power that makes them utterly immune to something.
>>
File: forever waiting.jpg (25KB, 336x499px) Image search: [Google]
forever waiting.jpg
25KB, 336x499px
Tremere rules when?
Scelesti rules when?
2e Archmage rules when?
>>
>>55362441
Silly skeleton. Dave is practically GRRM.

>Signs of Sorcery 2024
>>
>>55362441

Forget additional rules, I'm more interested in the Mage FAQ to streamline and assist the rules we already have.
>>
What are ways that things can come back from the dead in WoD? If a vampire dies can someone else bring it back, necromancer style?
>>
>>55361378
Honestly I would just pick one suitable to my game's primary setting. Based out of Denver, seawater is fine. Based out of Los Angeles, sea water from far out is fine. Based off an oil rig in the middle of the Atlantic, shit, why not freshwater instead?
>>
>>55362608
The most all-purpose way is a Death mage summoning or rebuilding a ghost, then putting it in a corpse by casting Revenant.
>>
>>55362608
A Death Mage can do it, by Unmaking death. They come back without a soul, though. It's also Indefinite, not Lasting. So it kind of sucks.
>>
Let's suppose I wanted a well-intentioned and mostly friendly Mage NPC for crossover whose schtick is exploring all the Invisible Realms, learning their secrets and establishing diplomatic relationships with their denizens. I am imagining either an Acanthus or Thyrsus Mystagogue with secondary Status in the Silver Ladder. How many dots in which Arcana would she need? I think she'd need Spirit 3, Mind 3, Fate 3 and Death 3. Can her Obsessions be "Explore the Invisible Realms" and "Establish Connections With The Denizens Of The Invisible Realms"? Or are these Obsessions too broad? Or is it better to pick one Realm that is associated with the game that is currently being played (e.g. Shadow for Werewolf, Hedge for Changeling)?
>>
>>55362703
You have the character as way too broad, imo. Cut it down to the Arcana that would be relevant, and make her Gnosis 3 so that she can have two Obsessions along the lines of exploring one or two realms, with the eventual goal of branching out to the others.
>>
>>55362660
Unmaking Death also gets harder the more time passes. It's a temporary solution, they're not back to stay.
>>
I would have the Moros summons a supernal being from Stygia and bargain or plead for a resurrection. Supernal beings have powers that can break the spell rules.
>>
>>55362748
Of course, unless there's a Legacy built around it...

Legacy Attainments are, for all intents and purposes, Lasting in effect.
>>
>>55362769
It might not be possible anyway. Souls don't go to Stygia anymore, because of the Abyss.
>>
>>55362441
There are some basics in the 'wisdom of daveb' pdf you see around for the Scelestus, but you'd need to fill them out.

There's a good homebrew Tremere on the OPP forums, though the wisdom loss on it is pretty stupid. Mostly because of the Hollowed condition, but whatever. Basically you can go hollow for dicepool bonuses, or the storyteller can try to force you to go hollow x amount of times a session. While hollow, every spell you cast is a wisdom 1 sin.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DB-myfiG0ojvEMIRlobsJZAl6wqirJZXJbX6sKr2JGg/pub?embedded=true
>>
>>55362859
Souls never went to Stygia...
>>
>>55362902
It's a Moros theory as of 2e, and I'm fairly sure it's been mentioned before.
>>
>>55362963
Stygia isn't a place. Souls don't move on to the Supernal.

There isn't really a 'Stygia' to begin with, it's just the Supernal through a Death/Matter lens.
>>
>>55362981
The fact that the Paths aren't a natural part of the Supernal's order, or lack thereof, shouldn't demean their importance and role in the world.

The very fact that they exist in the Supernal means that they influence the world itself.
>>
>>55362981
Stygia isn't a place, but beings still reside there, don't they? Why is it so implausible that back before the Abyss, souls would be called to the realm that literally symbolizes and embodies their existence? And the divides in the realm being nothing but a result of interpretation is just another theory. Stop being a tool.
>>
>>55363054
Because Stygia as a thing didn't exist pre-abyss? It's a region of the supernal stabilized by a watchtower, that's all.
>>
>>55362769
I'm a bit confused on this. Summoning Supernal natives is a bit vague. How powerful are they really? How many Practices can they muster? What is their rank? etc

Can they be coerced to fight on your behalf? Would any Mage even be able to fight one?
>>
>>55363083
Got a source for that?
>>
>>55361029
Mind for mind controlling stubborn and aggressive slaves, life to insure they are healthy and strong as fuck and matter for shackles and cages to contain your buff as fuck slaves
>>
>>55363133
Depends on rank, depends on rank, 1 rank by default, add 1 rank per extra 5 successes needed on the summoning to a maximum of rank 5, probably if you ask nicely, no.
>>
>>55363157
The same as yours.
>>
>>55363169
Why does a mage want human slaves though? Is it his fetish? They're gonna observe all his magic and fuck it up.
>>
>>55363083
Before the Fall there were no Watchtowers. No Paths. Every Mage was a mini-Archmage, going by what Dave had to say on the matter.
>>
>>55363133
>How powerful are they really?
Within their domains very. Slightly limited within the fallen world but still powerful.

>How many Practices can they muster? What is their rank? etc.
Depends on the Rank summoned. A Rank 5 could perform any practice south of dynamics without worrying about 'petty' things like reach and spell control.

>Can they be coerced to fight on your behalf?

Possible hubris but possible.

>Would any Mage even be able to fight one?

Sure mage's have done dumber things, it's without doubt an act of hubris to attack a living piece of the supernal and you're facing an entity with near limitless magical ability.
>>
>>55363210
Alright. So let's check my claims.

>It's a Moros theory as of 2e
"As for the soul itself, Moros say that all souls once went to Stygia to be purified and reborn, but nobody knows if this still happens, or even if it was ever true."
p.245, Awakening 2e.

>the divides in the realm being nothing but a result of interpretation is just another theory
"theories state that there is only one Supernal Realm, and that all seeming division is imposed on magic by mortal minds"
>theories
p.19, Awakening 2e.

So let's see where you're getting all of this definitive information.
>>
>>55362895
Is it really home-brew if it's based on DaveB's dev notes?
>>
>>55363267
So could a Seeker summon 6+ Supernal entities? Could an actual Exarch manifest?
>>
>>55362371
Not the same guy but if abyssal entities don't have some resilience to magic what's to stop a group of mages from 'fireballing' their problems away?
>>
>>55363286
“The story goes (in 1e's core, and in a few other places) that before the Fall mages didn't need the
Watchtowers to Awaken - instead Sleepwalkers would go on Astral Journies by meditating in the
"natural" Demesnes found on Atlantis (which were formed by "dragon bones" (later retconned as
Sariras) instead of soul stones). The Astral didn't cut off at the Abyss pre-Fall; a prospective mage-tobe meditated into the Supernal and marked it."

DaveB. The watchtowers gathered various 'symbols' into their area and stabilized it, creating the regions. That's it. That's my interpretation, the same way as "stygia is forever and eternal" is yours. There are sections in the book of the dead stating that Moros also believe it was raised from the UNderworld. And the other guy's theory, whatever his is.
>>
>>55363316
Gee, let's consult those rules we've got for 2e archmag- oh, wait.

At a guess, no Exarch can manifest in the Fallen world in their full form. Either because they'd be trapped or the Pax. Instead, they get ochemata.
>>55363330
I would assume overwhelming firepower to be the standard response to abyssal entities you discover.
>>
>>55363331
>the same way as "stygia is forever and eternal" is yours
It's not mine, I just cited the theories. This also is not definitive information. Not only is it a story, it's an outdated story.
>>
>>55363330
nothing.
>>
Would it be possible to play as an Ascended Mage within the Supernal? If so, how would I run it mechanically?
>>
>>55363330
Except that to get rid of spirits you need to drain both essence and reduce corpus, otherwise you are just postponing it coming back when you are sleeping and bumming you.
>>
>>55363316
>So could a Seeker summon 6+ Supernal entities?

Maybe? I don't know if Imperial Mysteries will be updated to 2e. But the consequences of summoning a god into the fallen world would be entertaining to watch.

>Could an actual Exarch manifest?

No. Or at least not in my opinion. The Exarchs aren't evil wizards chilling in a supernal tower like it's a 80's hair metal music video. They are the universe. The General *is* gravity, friction, jingoism, conquest, etc.
>>
>>55363331
>1e
>>
The Underworld used to be entirely flooded, and we won't know why until Geist2e is established. Maybe what drained it was Stygia being raised. Dave likes sticking his dick in other gamelines, right?
>>
>>55363389
That really tones down the threat of abyssal phenomena.
>>
>>55363431
How so? They know where they are, and how people will react to them. They have bizarre numina and influences. They're not all godkillers. Instead, they'd likely go looking for some idiot mage to corrupt - some iconoclast apostate who thinks he can learn abyssal secrets without being too corrupted, or a young, idealistic mage perfect to be warped to a scelestus. Or they'd start stitching the fallen with the rotten cloth of the abyss using their powers. They're not all spewing out and going OOGA BOOGA WHERE DA MAGES AT
>>
>>55363316
The Mother of Fire in Imperial Mysteries is a Supernal entity on the level of Luna. She's currently a lawyer in Berlin I believe. Totally clueless about her true nature. Dick wizards bound her.

Perfect Archmage waifu material.
>>
>>55363431
Without some Spirit Arcana or Prime's Celestial Fire, Good luck hitting it with a fireball if its in twilight.

Not everything can be solved by throwing fireballs at things.
>>
>>55363431
Unfortunately, at this point in time, Lots of Paradox stuffs comes down to ST fiat. Abyssals have crazy numina, so maybe Paradox could be one? All spells cast on one or in the presence of one have to roll Paradox or something. And if you want it to be bad, you could have it so that the rolls gain all the bonus qualities, and so on.
>>
>>55363516
Any spirit with influence in paradox could give mages paradox conditions up the wazoo or create abyssal environmental tilts which arnt covered yet
>>
File: 1505243104229.gif (1MB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1505243104229.gif
1MB, 440x300px
Could a Master challenge a rank 5 Supernal/Abyssal entity?

Or is this a prime example of "mages face things that would eat other splat antagonists for breakfast"
>>
>>55363516
I do like the idea of modeling them as spirits with paradox as their influence.
>>
>>55363555
Master of spirit will completely nullify a rank 5 spirit easily, other masters can probably deal with one if they also have spirit arcana
>>
>>55363581
I'm talking about Abyssals and Supernals, not spirits.
>>
>>55363555
It sounds like rank 5 Arcana based creatures would eat even archmages
>>
>>55363598
An abyss spirit is still a spirit, as for supernals then they are just powerful mage types, that have infinite reach and arcana like mages
>>
>>55363656
So a Gulmoth is a spirit? That's dumb.
>>
>>55363647
A rank 5 supernal entity is basically a double master, with infinite reach and can have other arcana below 5
>>
>>55363683
They are Ephemeral entities, which include spirits and ghosts.
>>
>>55363647
I don't think a rank 5 Supernal native is going to scare an Archmaster.
>>
>>55363683
A Gulmoth isn't a spirit like spirits that fall under the Spirit arcanum. The book only says to treat them rulewise in ways similar to other ephemeral entities. Spirits for Gulmoths, Goetia for Acamoths. Spirits from the Abyss are different things entirely, if you go by Boston Unveiled. The Prince of 100,000 leaves can spawn "anti-spirits" if enough of his fragments come together, reflecting the Fallen World as it is within him. Him being an entirely separate, fucked up timeline.
>>
>>55363515
If you can't solve it with fire, you're not doing it right. Or you're not using enough.
>>
>>55363756
Anything that can interact with ephemera can interact with gulmoths. Which if death attuned might even include some parts of Death.
>>
>>55363780
Yeah, I'm just saying they aren't the same as Fallen spirits.
>>
>>55362640
>>55361378
I think I got it: the ritual and oblation can be performed with "a related libation." For a wooden sailing ship, tar would be appropriate. For a metal sword, blood or protective oil. For a handgun, CLP. For a car, gasoline or engine oil. Not an exhaustive list.
>>
>>55363755
Do Archmages have infinite Reach? No
Are Archmages limited by spell factors? Yes
Are Archmages highly skewered in favor of only a select few Arcana? Yes
Do Supernal summoned break spell rules altogether? Yes they do.

It sure does sound like a rank 5 Supernal would wreck an Archmage.
>>
>>55363814
Archmages might have infinite reach in 2e.
Supernal entities are limited by spell factors too.

So Archmages write ther rules that supernal bings break?
Yes,
Do they also break the rules or ignore them?
Yes

A double master even with infinite reach isnt wrecking a archmage, archmages autowin clashes so no they arnt remotely scared. Stop trolling.
>>
>>55363834
>might
>>
>>55363857
Even if they dont have infinite reach, they still win fagboy, What exactly is your supernal being using all that reach on exactly that remotely matters?

Still a bad attempt at trolling.
>>
>>55363834
I'm not trolling, nutcase. Just going from the rules summoned Supernals seem unbeatable.
>>
>>55363876
Then you are a retard who should go read Imperial Mysteries next.
>>
>>55363874
>Can't win argument on the internet, better make up rules
>>
>>55363876
Depends on if you would consider Supernal natives as "lesser beings" to an Archmaster. Archmasters auto-win clashes against them.
>>
>>55363905
What rule did i make up?

If archmages can bum rank 8 Luna then a rank 5 supernal being isnt going to be a problem.
>>
>>55360669
Bunnies and Burrows, you giant asshat
>>
>>55363913
As a rule of thumb, anything under the 5~ mark is lesser. Not including power-stats.

So yes, I would rule them as "lesser"
>>
>>55363876
What rule exactly makes them unbeatable? Somebody with higher IQ will tell you why you are wrong.
>>
>>55363935
Infinite Reach and can work around Fallen rules.

Even a Master is fucked.
>>
>>55361810

Not an tabletop game, but in Dota most mage type characters don't scale that well to late game.

There are a few exceptions to this though, like Outhouse devastator.
>>
>>55363976
I dont think you even know what reach is or does you fucking assbandit.

And just what fallen rules are they working around exactly?
>>
File: computer bee.png (1KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
computer bee.png
1KB, 150x150px
I think you mongoloids are reading a bit too much into Supernal native rules.
>>
>>55364048
It literally says Supernals can do things Mages can't, you horrid fool.
>>
>>55364062
And? Vampires can do shit that mages cant too.

Still makes them shit tier. doing stuff mages cant do doesnt make them unbeatable you raging homo.
>>
Which would be better to read for a new player to mage.

Mage revised, mage 20th aniversary, or something else?
>>
>>55364079
Awakening 2e.
>>
>>55364079
>Mage: The Ascension

So you're a braindead retard?
>>
>>55364074
>Admitting vampires excel in areas that mages don't
God what a faggot amIright?
>>
>>55363976
How do you figure? Having infinite Reach is useful, but it only does so much for the sheer power of a spell. Advanced Potency and Duration can help in a Clash, but a Master can put those into his spells too. Making spells more powerful (read: upping the spell factors) is more dependent on the spell's dicepool, and the penalties you take to up them. A Master can move the Primary spell factor of the Arcana he's mastered by 4, for free. And then beyond that it's -2 for each level he ups it. Working around Fallen rules is kind of vague, especially considering that there aren't that many Fallen rules that affect spellcasting directly, aside from Paradox. So basically what I take from this is that Supernal entities never incur Paradox, with their infinite Reach and ability to work around Fallen rules.

I'm not saying that Masters will wreck Supernal natives, but what you're saying also doesn't really prove the opposite.
>>
>>55364091
Did i say excel? No.

Fuck off.
>>
>>55364074
Supernals can do everything a Mage can do, you fucklord.
>>
>>55364079
Mage Revised with tons of questions to the /CofD/ and keeping in mind that Mage is nearly unplayable RAW, you need a ton of house rules.
>>
>>55364099
They can't exist safely in the Fallen.
>>
Aren't Abyssals and summoned Supernal beings *supposed* to be stronger than Mages? Yes, even Masters.
>>
>>55364099
Yes which exactly why they arnt unbeatable faggot.

And also why Archmages will fuck them up.

Aome fag anons think that rank 5 supernal entities are the unbeatable.

Sure rank 5 ones are double masters but that doesnt make them fucking auto win at everything or unbeatable anymore than other double masters.

>>55364092
Also they suffer paradox from obvious spells in front of sleepers but not from over reaching as they cant.
>>
>>55364128
No, a rank 1 supernal being has 2 arcana at 1.

Woopie.
>>
>>55364090

Huh?
>>
>>55364141
Ok, but that's rank 1. The present discussion is concerning rank 5.
>>
>>55364150
And like ive already said 3 times, they are slightly more powerful than other double masters due to infinite reach but any paradox they suffer does them harm.

So yes, a lone master might get fucked by one, a cabal of masters or mixed, not so much.
>>
>>55364133
>Sure rank 5 ones are double masters but that doesnt make them fucking auto win at everything or unbeatable anymore than other double masters.

lel they're double masters but BETTER
that's the point

:^)
>>
>>55364166
No
>>55363814
is the point, proving this asshat wrong.
>>
>>55364164
And they work around Fallen laws. They can turn you into a faggot and make it LASTING. So you're fucked, Master or not. Even an Archmage.
>>
>>55364180
>And they work around Fallen laws
What does that mean, specifically? Where are you getting this information from, by the way? 2e?
>>
Another episode of 4chan's circular logic, with no sources or logical basis. Stay autistic anon Stay autistic
>>
>>55364191
It explicitly says they can do things Mages can't. Making anything Lasting is one of those things.

Yes, 2e.
>>
>>55364180
Text searched the entire mage 2e and no mention of supernal beings working around fallen laws anon. Nice try.

Making a spell lasting is a supernal law not a fallen law anyway.
>>
>>55364209
This is all it says anon

>Supernal beings follow the same rules as the Awakened for using their Arcana, paying Mana as appropriate, but instead of using Gnosis + Arcana they roll Power + >Finesse. They have infinite free Reach for their spells, and may activate Reach abilities at will. If a Supernal being risks Paradox for any reason (such
>as casting an obvious spell with Sleeper witnesses), the Paradox pool always has the rote action quality and deals aggravated
>wounds to the entity equal to successes rather than producing an anomaly or Paradox Condition.
>>
File: get fucked.png (19KB, 334x77px) Image search: [Google]
get fucked.png
19KB, 334x77px
>>55364215
Read it, you ass lord.
>>
>>55364245
You are attributing far to much to that one sentence anon.

Poor you.
>>
>>55364244
See >>55364245
>>
>>55364248
Doesn't change the fact that Supernals will wreck Masters and Archmages 1v1 and turn them into Lasting fags.
>>
>>55364250
Which translates to what exactly? Show me the mechanics instead of fluff asslords?
>>
You guys are arguing with an autist or a troll. Please stop.
>>
File: 1503228008368.jpg (86KB, 518x621px) Image search: [Google]
1503228008368.jpg
86KB, 518x621px
What kind of cancer is this
>>
>>55364255
Show me where the archmage touched you anon. You seem to dislike them.
>>
>>55364269
A retard desperate for any victory over magefags. Happens a lot.
>>
What I've learned tonight

>Mages are actually the weakest things in their own gameline
>>
>>55364294
Well duh?

>Why do mages form cabals?
>>
>>55364294
That would be Sleeperwalkers/Proximi
>>
>>55364294
Which part of "Is up against things that would flatten any other Splat" did you miss?

There is a reason you get groups of mages so
>>
>>55364294
The Magefags will deny it, but yes. An Abyssal intruder and a summoned Supernal consultant will decimate even Masters.
>>
>>55364323
>might
>>
>>55364318
Why are you replying seriously to bait? Anon lost the argument and is now passive-aggressively trying to troll under the guise of someone else.
>>
Archmage magic can't be dispelled or countered

Good luck rank 5 Abyssals/Supernal natives
>>
>>55364089

I'm talking about ascension.
>>
>>55364336
Then fuck off. You are obviously a retard.
>>
>>55364336
>I'm talking about ascension

Stop being retarded
>>
File: 1493134677931.jpg (259KB, 460x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493134677931.jpg
259KB, 460x800px
>>55364336
>wanting to play ascension
>>
>>55364336
Spread you cheeks and take FATHERS THRUSTING COCK advice about healthy eating and not trying to cast spells in real life.
>>
File: 1503216510708.jpg (6KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
1503216510708.jpg
6KB, 245x205px
This is why Dave doesn't post anymore

Why we can't have nice things
>>
>>55364356
Dave still does post though.
>>
>>55364330
How the FUCK did I lose this? The rules are in your FACE and you chuck it out in favor of "MAGE SUPREMACY"
>>
>>55364360
>Dave still does post though.

Yes, but rarely.

He seems to like the Mage Discord now.
>>
>>55364369
Fluff text != rules anon sorry to break it to you.
>>
>>55364356
I guarantee you Dave has already posted in here. He's probably read this entire autism.
>>
>>55364380
Infinite Reach. Say it with me.

Infffiinnniiittttee Reeeaaaccchhhh
>>
>>55364391
Which doesn't count for as much as you think it does.
>>
>>55364391
Not him anon, but infinite reach can only do so much.

For many spells, that just means Instant Casting, Advanced Potency, Advanced Scale, Adanced Duration, Sensory Range, Remote Casting, and a couple of optional spell Reach effects.
>>
>>55364391
What are you using it all on anon.

Show us your POWA!!

Put that all that reach to good use i dare you!
>>
>>55364401
And all the things Mages CAN'T do
>>
File: 1548473849483.gif (1MB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
1548473849483.gif
1MB, 330x248px
>>
>>55364410
"All"? I could have sworn the book just says "some". And not even what "some".
>>
>>55364410
If Mages can't do them, then why are they represented in this instance with Reach?
Something that Mages can use?

DaveB's already said that a Supernal Native's atypical powers are represented by Numina, and Signs of Sorcery will detail the 2e verison of their 'Pacts'.
>>
>>55364406
>Not using all the reach options
What are you a faggot?
>>
>>55364424
You realize a mage can also use all reach options. Just suffers paradox or not if in a demense right?

You know that right?
>>
>>55364424
Tell me anon which spell do you get most bang for your buck with infinite reach?

Id love to hear about it.
>>
>Supernal Entity instantly vaporizes a roomfull of master, across the universe, for shits and giggles, With giant counterspell dice,
>Best part no paradox to fuck up the casting
>That was only one of them
>>
>>55364423
>have you read the supernal entity rules in 2e?
>>
This whole discussion mentioning the Bound like the Mother of Fire and bitching about Supernal Entities, both being in SoS, is an illustrative example as to why we need SoS spoiler RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

Dave, SoS spoiler plz?

And just to throw fire into the discussion, when a Master mage gets an Auctoritas Arcanum from an Aeon, they can, at least in 1E, cast an Imperial spell of Dynamics, provided they know the Quintessence.
>>
>>55364455
That Supernal Entity needs the minimum dots in Space for that, and the necessary sympathy.
>>
>>55364463
Which chapter mentions supernal entities in SoS?
>>
>>55364478
Dont feed the troll.
>>
File: qt thyrsus.jpg (50KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.jpg
50KB, 680x660px
>>
>>55364480
http://theonyxpath.com/signs-of-sorcery-mage-the-awakening-open-development/

Go to chapter one. Or better, read the entire thing. It mentions, among other things, Aeons and new rules for Ochemata.
>>
>>55364500
Thyrsus are sluts.
>>
>>55364512
Wait. Ochemata in SoS? Does this indicate some Archmage rules?
>>
>>55364460
My mistake, they're Dread Powers, not Numina, and the term for them is "boons".

"It expands the rules for Supernal Entities and how mages summon them, giving them unique dread powers called boons on top of their Arcana."

So calm down, and stop throwing a tantrum.
A Supernal Entity's powers that can't be duplicated by Mages are their Boons.
>>
>>55364512
>non publish material
No one wants to read David Hill's unfinished changeling fanfic Anon
>>
>>55364492
You're confusing Troll with Truth. Changeling faggot
>>
>>55364512
True, but what has that got to do with summoned supernal entities that have rules in 2e core?
>>
>>55364582
Signs of Sorcery, and the much awaited Mage FAQ, will clarify things depicted in the 2e core.
>>
>>55364590
Well duh.

Lets wait til 2035 for it shall we.
>>
>>55364550
>Confusing David H with Dave B
2/10
>>
>>55364590
Have you actually read the FAQ thread that some of the questions will have been pulled from?

FAQ wont answer shit.
>>
>>55364534
After all this disgusting autism? No. No, I don't think there will -ever- be 2e rules for Archmages.

I bet it turned Dave off entirely.
>>
>>55364626
At this rate there will never be rules for anything extra.
>>
ITT: Triggered magical realm faggots
>gay
>>
Was this the worst thread so far?
>>
>>55364667
/x/fag threads and the occasional /pol/ tantrums were worse
>>
>>55364352

I take it that you are saying mage 20th is not worth using.
>>
>>55364776
no you idiot M20 is the best thing and Brucato is a fucking genius
>>
For a sword mage is it easier to:
- carry a katana and make it as tough as a longsword?
- carry a longsword and make it as sharp as a katana?
>>
>>55364787
Irrelevant. As long as you have a trench coat you're fine.
>>
Why not just have a Space Ruling Legacy of Free Council Moros that have become the Dorfs from DF?

As in, they are prone to over-complicated redesigning of space, strange moods and making magitech devices that menace with spikes of thaumium.
>>
File: brucato.png (559KB, 350x408px) Image search: [Google]
brucato.png
559KB, 350x408px
>>55364786
>>
>>55364667
We have arrived at a paradox where every single one of these threads is the worst
>>
>>55364626
Well I imagine Dave isn't as thin-skinned as you, so I doubt he'll let idiots on the internet steer the course of his work.
>>
>>55365033
Apparently he uses this place as a kind of testing ground.
If he can remain civil and avoid rising to people's bait here, he can do it anywhere.
>>
>>55365053
Really? Cos i have read archives going back as far as 2015 and don't remember him saying anything like that
>>
>>55365072
Reconsider your life.
>>
>>55365247
Oh geez. Typing "DaveB" in 4plebs is SUCH a waste
>>
This place is literally a Mystery Cult. I've said it before, but it's true. A Mystery Cult dedicated to The Komodo(Dave)

Creepy fuckers, at least you make a compelling Mystery.
>>
>>55365299
What's the Mystery? Dave is a good dev, writer, and ST.
>>
>>55365309
There are a lot of Mysteries surrounding that man.
>>
>>55365315
Yeah. Why the komodo?
>>
>>55365327
It's his spirit animal. More proof that he's partial to the Thyrsus.
>>
Anons, I'm not into WoD, but Vampire The Mascarade: Bloodlines if one my favourite games of all times. I wanted to learn the obscure pieces of lore in it. Like what clan exactly is the sheriff from and about it, about the kuey-jin and their disciplines, about the ghost, about what exactly was that guy that can teleport in chinatown if you attack him.

Can someone give me the list of books for me to read to fully understand this things from the game (or others that I may have missed)?
>>
>>55365364
>Vampire The Mascarade
I vant to suck on your mascara brush!
>>
>>55365364
Just download the books in the bin and have fun. OWoD is a crap system, but the lore is quite enthralling.
>>
File: 1546858495865.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1546858495865.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>55365410
>>
>>55365415
Yes, but there are way too many books. I just wanted to read to ones that will help me understand better Bloodlines.
>>
>>55365364
Like what? Specific characters? That's going to take some digging.

Or perhaps Disciplines and Clans? There are entire books dedicated to each Clan.
>>
>>55365435
Well. Ask away. I might be able to help. Maybe.
>>
What does TG no about Dhampir in VtR?
There's a Crone ritual, a Theban Sorcery, and a devotion all for pumpin out babies, but couldn't find anything else on Dhampir.
Can anyone point me to some page numbers or WoD books that talk about them or what they do?
>>
>>55365447
>>55365454
As I said, I wanted to know more about the Sheriff clan, that doesn't seem to fit in any of the original clans from the player selection.

I wanted to know about the clan from Pisha that have to eat flesh.

I wanted to know about what it the guy the transforms into a demon shark.

I wanted to know more about the kuey-jin and their abilities, like what the hell Ming Xiao becomes at the end.

And I wanted to know about the merchant in chinatown that gives you quests to "seed bad luck", stole eyes from a dead body, and that teleports when you attack him.
>>
>>55365497
Sheriff is from a Tzimisce offshoot in Africa called Nagloper.

Pisha is a Nagaraja, who have to eat flesh because vitae doesn't cut it.

Shark guy is some kind of Asian demon.

Don't know much about Kuei-jin in general, but Ming Xiao pulls off her tricks with shapeshifting Kuei-jin Disciplines.

The merchant is either a kind of mage or a demon, I would say.

If you want to know more, just download a bunch of the books from the pastebin and text search them or something.
>>
>>55365497
>I wanted to know more about the Sheriff clan
The Sheriff is kind of obscure, but more than likely from the Nagloper Clan.
>eat flesh.
The Nagaraja Clan eat flesh.
>the guy the transforms into a demon shark.
A shapeshifting demon from the East(hengeyōkai)
>kuey-jin and their abilities
Too detailed to type out here.
>what the hell Ming Xiao becomes at the end.
Flesh Shintai. She essentially molded herself into a demonic monstrosity. Similar to Vicissitude.
>the merchant in Chinatown
Mr. Ox is a mysterious character. He's human, but there's more to him. Could be a Mage for all we know.
>>
>>55365492
I had an idea for a backstory.
The son of a dhampir, that tried to hide him from the darkness, from monsters, so he could grow up to be mortal.
But his Grandmother finds him. And to punish his parent, has him turned into a Nosferatu, the most horrid of kindred.
Now his own mother hunts him and his grandmother for the monsters they are and because she was denied the normal innocent life she wanted.
>>
Mr. Ox is a fucking NEPHANDI folks
>>
>>55365639
Is his aura the color of wouldn't you like to know?
>>
I played yesterday the playtest and i dont like the touchstone concept. It should be a funny merit but not more.
>>
>>55365364
Funny coincidence, I was just here for something similar. Playing Vtmb, I started to wonder about how the lore behind it, and how vampires actually work. Specifically, how do vampires deal with summer? In game, it's always night, and I imagine it's the same in game sessions. However, for a good chunk of the year, it's only truly dark outside for a couple of hours. I imagine vampires can barely manage to go outside for a sip of blood before they have to start running for safety, or just stay in their havens for several months each year and rely solely on their ghouls. What's it like in the actual World of Darkness lore? Do they just have longer nights since it's, y'know, the World of Darkness?
>>
>>55364512
Will there be rules for rewriting Aeons? I kinda need to rewrite them all.
>>
>>55365497

PART 1

>As I said, I wanted to know more about the Sheriff clan, that doesn't seem to fit in any of the original clans from the player selection.

The Sheriff is believed to be a Nagloper, an african offshoot of the Tzimisce clan (the same clan that Andrei is from). The reason people believe he's a Nagloper is because A: multiple people say Lacroix picked him up in Africa, and B: he possesses the ability to transform into a giant bat, which is part of the Vicissitude discipline that only 7th Generation vampires (or below) can access, and Vicissitude is the Tzimisce and Nagloper clan's stereotypical discipline.

>>55365497
>I wanted to know about the clan from Pisha that have to eat flesh.

Pisha is a Nagaraja. The Nagaraja are descended from an ancient cult of death-worshipping mages who, like the Tremere, managed to turn themselves into vampires.

They're usually part of the Tal'Mahe'Ra (The True Black Hand), an ancient vampiric sect dedicated to the worship of the Antedeluvians. That said, there are a few independent Nagaraja around as well. Their clan flaw is that they have to eat flesh in addition to blood... a few of them can also survive by consuming human bones or spirits/ghosts as well.

>>55365497
>I wanted to know about what it the guy the transforms into a demon shark.

He's most likely a Same Bito, an asian wereshark. Yes, there are more than just werewolves in the World of Darkness. There's werewolves, werebears, weresharks, werecats, werelizards, werespiders, wereravens, werefoxes, weresnakes, werecoyotes, wererats, werehyenas, etc.
>>
PART 2

>>55365497
>I wanted to know more about the kuey-jin and their abilities, like what the hell Ming Xiao becomes at the end.

The Kuei-Jin are not actually vampires.

The Kuei-Jin are "Ghost Persons", which are a special kind of undead that only (but rarely) inflicts itself on those of Asian lineage, and usually only occurs in areas where a lot of asians congregate (meaning Asia or in Chinatowns and the like).

The Kuei-Jin are not created by draining a mortal of blood and Embracing them. Instead, Kuei-Jin have been dead a LONG time. Their spirits have actually gone into a hellish afterlife, and then managed to escape from said afterlife after experiencing all kinds of spiritual torture.

When their spirits escape, they are almost always reborn as a mindless, hungry cannibal (usually in their own rotting body) that burst from the ground in search of food.

Because of their undead nature, Kuei-Jin have to feed on spiritual energies (or Chi). The reason most Western kindred see Kuei-Jin as "asian vampires" is because one of the easiest ways to feed on Chi is through consuming the blood or flesh of mortals, since there's a lot of energy in it. More ancient and skilled Kuei-Jin can refine this ability, learning how to draw spiritual energy from the breath of mortals, or in the case of the most skilled by simply draining it from their surroundings.

Only through hard discipline (that borders on torture) and training for many years can a Kuei-Jin rise above their mindless cannibal state, and this is always done by an elder Kuei-Jin who takes them under their wing. Because of this, Kuei-Jin have great respect for their Elders.

Kuei-Jin also have different abilities than Western Kindred, called "Shintai". These Shintai can allow for superhuman feats, such as teleporting, breathing fire, changing appearances, and turning their body into a monstrous shape with numerous special abilities (like Ming-Xiao did with her Demon-Octopus form).
>>
PART 3

>>55365497
>And I wanted to know about the merchant in chinatown that gives you quests to "seed bad luck", stole eyes from a dead body, and that teleports when you attack him.

This one is a bit harder to answer. But, he's most likely a mage of some kind, since he seems human in all other respects. Or a demon possessing the body of a human. Those also exist.
>>
Some ghost-mages are masters of Death who tied their soul to their ghost and are fully mage and lucid but I think I remember something about morpheans who just don't kill themselves in the Astral?

On the same subject, has anyone ever made non-moros lichs?
>>
>>55369304
Liches in sense "undead mages" or in MtAw sense? If in the second sense, I made plenty of those.
>>
>>55369108

There is a bunch of references to them in exalted as well.
>>
I am playing Obrimos who is Disciple in Forces and Apperentice in the Mind. I feel like GM is going to attack me with a werewolf on the next session. Any advice on how to fight them? I don't think I can match them in damage output, and can't readily think of any Conditions which will turn fight in my favor.
>>
>>55369680
Second.
>>
>>55369858
Emotional urging to try and keep his berserker fury down if it's a close thing. Or memory hole; try and make him forget you exist. Then hit him with a 4wd.

If you can, whip up a storm and spam call lightning every turn from atop a building. Otherwise, use kinetic blow to inflict the stunned/knocked down tilt. Hope he doesn't just power through it all.
>>
>>55370115
I made Thyrsus Lich Legacy who drained Life out of human patterns (they experimented with animal ones, but that lead to strange mutations). Part of game was hunting down last one before Tremere would found a new House from this Legacy; second part of the game was protecting his soul stone from the same Tremere. Player Thyrsus learned the Legacy, but changed it in the process by reversing the process; he made a Legacy of "empathic" healers who could heal things normal Life magic couldn't by sharing Patterns.
>>
>>55369858
What's your Gnosis?
>>
>>55370167
I don't really have enough dice to eat up Withstand on Mind spells (I need -4 to beat Resolve/Composure of 3). I may be able to correctly predict time of attack with Time and prepare weather for lightning strikes, but that would most likely attract Paradox from Sleepers.

>>55370449
I have Gnosis 2. How does it matter?
>>
>>55370529
Well, a lightning bolt will do 10b damage. One or two lightning bolts you might get away with. As long as he doesn't go Gauru, you're good. You don't have the damage to off him in Gauru form, as direct damage is hard for a mage. If he swaps, better off just disappearing. Quickly. Consider sacraments if you're worried about dice. Turn momentum with reaching might help you to keep yourself alive for a bit.
>>
>>55370599
That's sound advice, thanks. I also thought about invisibility, but guessed that werewolf would just find me by smell and sound. Wouldn't he have trouble doing this under heavy rain? What does the rules say about that?

>Consider sacraments
But doesn't they give, like +1 to dice? Isn't that better to use this Yantra slot for High Speech?
>>
>>55370529
Only really abrupt changes to weather and multiple lightning strikes attract Paradox. As for your Gnosis, it matters because of how many spells you can have active. My advice would be, if your character has a reason to fear for his safety, ritual cast a Shielding spell with Advanced Duration. It'll take up one of your spell slots, but you'll have more protection.
>>
>>55370729
Which Shielding spell it would be and how should I sell it to the GM? Rules aren't really clear on how much Armor and Defense Shielding spells give.
>>
>>55370724
Potentially, but high speech increases casting time always. You don't use it reflexively. 1/2/3 for dice with sacraments, depending on rarity. If you were airborn with gravitic supremacy and invisible, he'd be prevented from finding you 'perfectly' but could still leap about. Bending light won't warp his spiritual senses. You can control other energy, so a really long extension cable will be handy.
>>
>>55370755
Just go for one with kinetic energy, which should give you protection against practically every kind of physical damage. Guns, punches, swords, angry werewolf claws. Things like that. Any supernatural physical attacks would be clashed, and non-physical attacks wouldn't be affected, but if the guy goes Gauru, the shield should buy you time at the least. You'll have to hammer out details with your ST, but tell him you want to cast a Forces version of Alchemist's Touch, Reach effects and all. You'll both have to hammer out details and come to an agreement from there.

Yes, I am aware I am telling this guy to essentially use the dreaded Kinetic Shield.
>>
>>55370812
>high speech increases casting time always
Wait a second, does it turn instant casting into a ritual one? Because if not, it hardly matters - most spells are instant casted ones anyway.

>>55370876
Yeah, I guess total immunity is out of question here, but I think I can sell him on "Alchemist's Touch with kinetic energy".
>>
>>55370980
High Speech always adds a turn to Instant Casting. It's not available to use as your reflexive yantra.
>>
Thinking about trying a cyberpunk-y chronicle. Here is one of the ideas stuck in my head:
Freehold with Android:Netrunner Runner factions as Courts.
>Shaper, guys who run (hack) corporate servers out of curiosity and as test of their skills (as criminal, software artists, hardware riggers, or psychoanalysts). Combine elements of Spring and Autumn.
>Anarch, guys who run to destroy or expose. They see red and seethe with anger, be it inspired by justice or work accumulated frustration. Summer meet Spring.
>Criminal, money money money. Consummate professionals who know where, how, who, and when. Some just need one more job before they can retire, some are merely feeding into addiction. Winter meets Autumn.
>>
>>55371047
Themes: Out of the Frying Pan into the Fire; Chains, metaphorical and literal; Internet and Dreams; Greed, both Human and Fey
Mood: Futureshock

Important element for this to work would be incorporate human megacorporations with True Fae or Hedge. Any suggestions?
>>
>>55371007
Damn. Should've bought some rotes instead of Gnosis.
>>
>>55369858
Gravity Control is a Force 2 spell. Woofs can't fly.
>>
>>55371290
New thread.
>>
>>55370980
Just remember: Kinetic shield will stop werewolf claws, but given the supernatural effects of werewolf jaws, it can only stop a number of bites equal to its Potency.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.