[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Running 5e campaign >party is sent to a town a few days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3806.jpg (15KB, 250x230px)
IMG_3806.jpg
15KB, 250x230px
>Running 5e campaign
>party is sent to a town a few days away
>pass several smaller villages along the way
>every village they ask locals if there's any work for them
>every village I make them a little side quest
>end of session they're mad at me that the game went so slow
>"we didn't even get to that town!"
>>
>running game, players need to go to a specific far away place
>they get there pretty quickly, as the specific road they are traveling is well protected
>they're mad they didn't get to do tons of side quests on the way.
>>
File: 1487574921149.png (125KB, 512x512px)
1487574921149.png
125KB, 512x512px
>>55339721
>Playing 5e campaign
>Spend other players' turns paying attention to the fight and planning what I'm going to do on my turn
>Breeze through my turn because of this
>Other players spend their time outside of their turns on their phones
>Take upwards of 2 minutes on their turns looking through their spells/abilities deciding what they do and then another minute forgetting which dice to use, calculating damage etc
>Every single combat session takes upwards of 30 minutes because of this
>>
>playing Monopoly with family
>cousin says he forgets how you roll to move as we're seeing up
>I say, "yeah, I forget if you roll 1 or 2d6."
>everyone looks at me funny
>mom asks, "What's Toody?"
>>
>>55341595
>>playing Monopoly with family
bwahahahaha, stahp!
>>
>>55339721
Make them arrive late for whatever it was, so they remember it's not a fucking videogame and that if you're sent on a quest somewhere, you're supposed to get there and finish it.
>>
>>55341501
the GM needs to start skipping their turn when this happens. Just have them take the doge action or something.
>>
>>55341501
>>Take upwards of 2 minutes on their turns looking through their spells/abilities deciding what they do and then another minute forgetting which dice to use, calculating damage etc
and deendeefags mock systems in which people actually get to roll for parry - as if die rolling was the time consuming thing in combat

utter plebs
>>
>>55342128
not an argument
>>
>running on a treadmill
>don't even make it anywhere
>>
>>55341724
Yeah it's horrible. I'm not that anon but my cousin would never, under any circumstance, sell or trade property
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.