[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we craft and differentiate the magical applications of wands,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: not butt toys.jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
not butt toys.jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
ITT we craft and differentiate the magical applications of wands, staffs, books, etc as if they were real weapons. A Magical /k/

>Wands =Pistols/SMG's/Shotguns
>Staffs=Assault Rifles/Shotguns/RPG's
>Books=All* (Depending on text)
>>
>>55336571
bumping because it actually looks cool
>>
>>55336571
I had a character with an underbarrel fireball wand attached to a musket in a D&D game back in the day. I don't remember if it was homebrew or some random ass splatbook feature but having a magic grenade launcher was entertaining as fuck.
>>
>>55336571
Personally, I made wands a sidearm (so pistols/machine pistols), crystal balls as shotguns and SMG's, with staffs serving as rifles. Books, due to their size, heft and utility, are a bit more like a recoilless rifle, seeing as the RPG-7 has nine different warheads to choose from and the Carl Gustaf M4 has twelve.
>>
I always really liked the idea of caster classes carrying actual guns as a standard weapon. It makes more sense to me to have them offering fire support from the back rather than trying to fight on the front lines when they want to conserve spell slots. I have crude old powder revolvers widely available in my setting just for this.

The image of a druid or shaman in full regalia with four colt dragoons hanging off of him is just really fucking cool to me.
>>
>wand nuts gather for a /mag/ meetup at a magical focus show
>doughy guys in faux lapp shaman garb comparing slavshit
>tacticool pointy hat memers trying to sell their zombie killer cleric modded wands
>butthurt soccer mom sorceresses picketing that you don't NEED power word: kill and to think of the children
>that one shifty looking warlock trying way too hard to get people to eat the brownies he made
>an old archmage pulls out his crazy custom job
>>
>>55336571
>not butt toys
Not with that attitude.
>>
>>55336571

Only problem I see with that is the blending of themes, modern with fantasy, it could work but most modern weapons kill easy and fast. Combat boils down to, let the wizard shoot it, [it dies] yawn, now what?
>>
>>55336571
In the Wizard School setting I made:

Wands: Baseline spell focus, the spell originates from a point away from your body allowing for more powerful effects.

Staves: Big wands, being larger and more sturdy they can withstand much more powerful magic but lack finesse and fine control.

Amulets: Very still and stable, harmonizing better with mental magic.

Gloves: Highly intricate, but more flimsy. Good for complex and subtle magic, not so much for combat. Nearly impossible to be disarmed of.

Rings: Same as gloves, but metal can withstand more than cloth, making these the combat alternative.

Tattoos: Cannot be removed or disarmed of your focus, and can be as fortified and intricate as you like. However magic inks are slightly toxic and spells erupt from your skin directly, making powerful spells potentially self harming.
>>
>>55340674
Dresden Files, mate.
It's great, urban arcana, wizard noir (To start). A bit of a power creep over the series, 14 long at this point, but it feels mostly earned.
Main character, Dresden, the wizard, carries a big ass gun just in case. Hell, one of my favorite parts is he starts talking about how clever and wise wizards are, and how everyone prepares for them mystically, then proceeds to punch someone in the face
>>
>>55341502
Sounds like my kinda guy. I'd love to run a game in a setting like that if my group would just stop being cowards and try to learn a new system.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.