[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm dming a 3.5 game at a game store and one of the players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: chen question mark.jpg (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
chen question mark.jpg
174KB, 600x600px
I'm dming a 3.5 game at a game store and one of the players is blind in real life. He says he learned all the rules way back when the game came out and lost his vision in a work accident a few years ago so he doesn't need much help with that at least. Any tips for what to do?
>>
also he has braille dice so I don't need stuff for rolls
>>
Play with him? Ask him if he needs help with anything?
>>
>>55332581
I'm mostly worried about whether I'll have to stop using grids and do more theater of mind combat
>>
>>55332562
Don't be a dick.
>>
>>55332594
3.5 is a grid-based tactical combat game with a light dusting of rules that aren't related to combat.
>>
>>55332594
Oh, right. I guess try that a few times. Maybe just do a hybrid where you use a board, but try to describe it to them anyway.
>>
>>55332594
You could talk to him about it like a normal person? Has he gamed since the accident? Is there anything you can do to specifically accomodate him?

Grid-wise, you can likely still use the grid and just verbally describe relative positions. As >>55332606 says, though, 3.5 relies very heavily on its grid.
>>
My group games on a smallish table and my 3.5 DM usually can't be arsed to ask us to move our shit and set up minis for small fights. It can work if you don't throw fistfuls of monsters at them, since you'll need to keep track of their relative positions in your head.
>>
>>55332562
Ask them. Like, it may sound trite, but usually when trying to figure out how to accomidate a disabled person the easiest thing to do is ask what accommodations they need.
>>
>>55332594
My first 3.5 campaign was back in 2006, played with my dad. We did not use a grid until midway through the THIRD adventure. First adventure lasted a good five or six sessions and we did theater of the mind combat. The only people who suffer are rogues because of flanking. Just let them make a DC 20 Tumble check to flank, or DC 15 or something.
>>
>"Is there anything I can do to make things more convenient?"

You can just ask him and not make a big deal out of it. Only thing I can think of is that you'll want to make sure you have a box or something so he can roll easier.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.