[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I start playing 40k? I haven't played since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1486601545422.jpg (113KB, 842x725px) Image search: [Google]
1486601545422.jpg
113KB, 842x725px
Should I start playing 40k? I haven't played since the late 90's.
>>
>>55328400
Man, I'm in a similar boat, I'm getting back into it for the first time since ~2010 and it's in a pretty good way. Some of the new models are amazing, though there's a bit of issue in design balancing between being dynamic and visually interesting, like too many things all trying to be centerpieces.
It's a pretty good time to get back into the hobby I think with all the new stuff and fluff.
>>
>>55328400
Armies are balanced again, so I'd say go for it. Literally, any force you roll up should be "fairly" competitive. Expect this to go horribly wrong soon, however.
>>
File: 1490650760049.jpg (181KB, 645x649px) Image search: [Google]
1490650760049.jpg
181KB, 645x649px
>>55328460
>expect this to go horribly wrong
kek, I assume you mean RIP my bank account?
Speaking of, what would be the most cost-effective way to get a ~1k army? Are some armies cheaper than others these days?
Along the same lines, what armies would be suitable for someone who's real rusty on the rules? Something not too complicated. I like spess marines, IG, grey knights, etc... but really anything other than fucking eldar or sisters is OK.
>>
>>55328504
One of the great things that GW have done is revamp the army boxes to be completely valid from the get go by giving you Troop, HQ and Other. So, you can easily get a small army started for under £100 (not including paints, maybe). Though, Space Marines are probably the best drop-in point but you should really roll up whoever you really love, lurk some of the threads, learn some of the current fluff and crunch then decide who takes your fancy, and remember ORKZ IZ DA BEST YA SQUISHY GIT!
>>
I wouldn't bother if you are a gamer over a painter. The game is pathetic now. Baby's first wargame.

The models are better than ever though so there is still heaps of worth to painting them up.
>>
>>55329327
thanks m8. I dig the lore of the imperium, but orks have always interested me as well. Not sure about painting 100's of boyz tho... are full nobz armies a thing?

>>55329497
>babby's first wargame
Anything better out there? I'm moving to an area with a killer LGS & am trying to get out more.
>>
>>55329737
>are full nobz armies a thing?
Well, Nobz are elites, so no?
That said, in 8e you only need 1 troop 1 Hq as a minimum, so you can have a 10 boyz mob and then the max number elite slots for your nobz mobs. In theory anyway.
>>
>>55329781
>nobz are elites

I have no idea how the current command structure mechanics works. I figured there might be some way to make it work, so it seems like you could get pretty close.
>>
>>55329737
Yes they are. There is a detachment that only requires an HQ and allows for up to 6 units of Elites with no troop requirement.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.