[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /tg/. I'm working on world building a Lost Technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1309.png (2MB, 1600x840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1309.png
2MB, 1600x840px
Hey, /tg/. I'm working on world building a Lost Technology setting which I'm going to tell my players is Fantasy. I could use a hand being told what's shit, what needs improvement, and what I overlookered that can come of the design.

On the surface, the world suffered a great blow thousands of years ago as the Ancient Ones had their grand civilization destroyed when Dragons rose up from the earth and covered the world in fire. The Kingdoms of Elves, Dwarves, Man and Orcs are the four major races. Magic and enchanted items exist to these people, which they use to simplify their lives.

However, the truth is that a megacorporation called Yliaster developed nanomachines which basically mimic magic. Humans began to show microevolutions based on their environment which were physically distinctive enough to cause strife. As riots and race wars grew, tumbling out of control, Yliaster discovered that the nanomachines which are self replicating resulted in children inheriting their mother's nanomachines, an unintended consequence of making them compatible with expecting mothers.

1/??
>>
Before matters can be fixed, one country is seized by revolutionary forces and decides to employ the nuclear option to eliminate the countries where genetic offshoots have fled to as refugees. Mutually assured destruction means that the Western nations activate their Direct Retaliation Grid Network missiles. Cue cataclysm.

They're essentially going to roll modern fantasy style characters where most of this information is lost and the rest has devolved into myth and legend.

I have my bases covered for a lot. Ghosts are going to be clouds of nanomcahines creating a hologram of their host as they attempt to complete the last action committed by him/her. Monstrous beasts will be mutated variations of existing Earth animals. Weapon enchantments and armor enchantments are going to be computer cores with special wiring or "thread" that fulfill a single specific function depending on the quality of the materials. A ranger's exceptional aim is because they literally see crosshairs as they aim while the nanomachines run electrical impulses through their muscles for minor corrections, making the best Rangers the ones who just let go and "feel the shot".

Superhuman strength in the form of warriors and barbarians will actually be chemical cocktails and mild telekinetic fields manipulating their performance.

There will even be major arc points related to this. They will discover the truth of their world by venturing into a City of the Undead, which is a military base. The people who were trapped there and rode out the end of the world slowly changed to adapt to life underground, devolving through subsequent generations into eyeless, pale and gaunt people whose language is no longer recognizable by today's people.

2/??
>>
The second intended arc will be a tale of a Lich who is terrorizing the lands. They will go there and find that the Lich is a man who uploaded his mind into a computer and loads himself into a machine body to continue living. However, as machinery has decayed beyond skill to maintain, his exterior slowly looks worse and worse with each new body until he's basically just using the skeletal frame. This made me wonder if I should use business suits as mage's clothing.

If you have any questions, please ask.

3/3
>>
>>55322247
If you don't have deities in the form of AI / cyrosleeped pilots in defensive satellite platforms who grant blessings to their followers but mostly just rain down holy fire from the sky upon the unbelievers, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>55323172
Oh, I absolutely do. AI from the old tech giants of yesterage. I also have divination being the nanomachines calculating the statistically most likely outcome based on available information.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.