[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could abandon your mundane life for a fantastical world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 37

File: 1504815054594.png (242KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1504815054594.png
242KB, 1000x1000px
And if so, why would you?
>>
How Isekai are we talking here, because my answer can go a lot of ways.
>>
File: 1496163228985.jpg (164KB, 905x679px) Image search: [Google]
1496163228985.jpg
164KB, 905x679px
yes. i hate my life and want to kill myself
>>
Sure, I'm probably gonna kill myself before long anyway so it's not like I have anything to lose.
>>
File: 1452529539914.jpg (112KB, 572x303px)
1452529539914.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>55312910
What if the power you have in the fantasy world is directly proportional to how painful the method of your death was in life? People who suffocate on feelium become peasants, while those who light themselves on fire become sorcerers.
>>
>>55312905

Picture your standard D&D setting with a Noble-Bright tone in a completely different globe and dimension, would you?
>>
>>55312890
Why would you ever not? I sure as hell would.
>>
>>55312890
Certainly. There's very little left for me here and less than a dozen who would notice I'm gone.
>>
>>55312890
Give us some higher stakes. Go into more detail. Make this a good thread.
>>
File: 1437973331359.gif (928KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1437973331359.gif
928KB, 384x288px
>>55312946
lack plumbing and toilet paper's a dealbreaker
>>
>>55312890
I'd need more info.

Like, could I ever return?
Is there an afterlife?
How fantastical are we talking?
Do I get to use Magic?
Could I bring people with me?

Because really, having to abandon my friends and family sounds pretty shitty.
>>
File: 1422432773672.png (299KB, 576x814px)
1422432773672.png
299KB, 576x814px
>>55312946
I like it, but the more important question I suppose I must ask is how we're working on attributes and levels.

I'm going to assume we start at level 1, but how are we handling attributes? Do we get a Point Buy we can assign freely when we're in the in-between worlds? Are they randomly assigned? And if so, how are our stats getting rolled? Can we roll them here?
>>
Assuming it's as you said in >>55312946 and I get to be more important/powerful than a good 70-99% of people in the setting, that I don't die in a painful or other wise exceedingly unpleasant way then abso fucking lutely.

I have little to live for in this world so I would take this offer up in a heart beat.
>>
>>55312890
If I get to be a token gary stu isekai hero, hell yes. If things are gonna go down like in KonoSuba, fuck no.
>>
>>55312890
vertical hierarchy is largely non-existent in the modern society, as either you're part of the elite, or you're not. two steps to a ladder isn't much to go up or down.
when everyone is largely equal there is no room for advancement, just as there is no room to fall any further.
in a world with monsters and magic, the vertical hierarchy is limitless in both directions, and so a nobody can become somebody. more importantly, there is a real satisfaction to be had with tangible goals, in a world that isn't figured out to a science, with discovery and exploration around every corner.

just about every reasonable, western person would consider traveling to any standard D&D setting
>>
>>55312991

Whatever you say anon.

>>55313021

Let's say wizards and some nobility have flush toilets, plumbing is reasonably widespread, and toilet paper is a relatively cheap luxury on the level of slightly vintage wine.

>>55313043

> Like, could I ever return?

Nope, once you're through the portal, that's it.

> Is there an afterlife?

Dozens, depending on your deity and the life you've lived, ranging from !Not!Heaven to !Not!Valhalla to !Not!Limbo to !Not!Tartaraus to whatever else you could think of.

> How fantastical are we talking?

We're talking wizard guilds, unicorns, dragon hoards, miraculous clerics, elven glades, and legendary magical blades fantastical.

> Do I get to use Magic?

If you devoted yourself to studying it and really tried, you could master any school of magic that comes to mind.

> Could I bring people with me?

For the sake of it, you can bring any single person you've known for at least a year and are fairly close to, as long as they consent.

> Because really, having to abandon my friends and family sounds pretty shitty.

Let's say upon leaving, an identical clone of yourself with your memories seamlessly replaces you, and for everyone else you know, your life goes on as normal.

>>55313045

Let's say your stats start at 14-16 depending on your legitimate attributes but can be improved through extensive training and/or magical means. You can choose a single core D&D class and race to become, and will gain the skills, equipment, and knowledge a member of that class and race could reasonably expect to have.

>>55313073
>>55313084

You start as a reasonably competent adventurer in the prime of their life, so I'd say yes.
>>
>>55312946
>D&D
No.
>>
>>55313084
>If things are gonna go down like in KonoSuba, fuck no

What's wrong with Konosuba?
>>
>>55313237

D&D-esque, the races, monsters, artifacts, etc. Not necessarily the system itself.
>>
>>55313247
There is success yes, but laced with way too much misfortune that I'd like to experience it.

But as isekai shows go, KonoSuba is pretty much on top of my list due to being comedy gold that just about never takes itself seriously.
>>
>>55313247
Because the entire premise is not gary stu winning through everything, but herding cats
>>
Could I be a blacksmith working in a fantastical world making swords and weapons for other people to take on adventures? That sounds cool.
>>
>>55313202
>Dozens, depending on your deity and the life you've lived, ranging from !Not!Heaven to !Not!Valhalla to !Not!Limbo to !Not!Tartaraus to whatever else you could think of.

You do know that in D&D, your soul gets assimilated into the Plane and you lose your sense of self?
>>
>>55312890
No. It feels like it was practically impossible just to make my life in this world reasonably comfortable. I would kill to keep myself from having to go back to square one.
>>
>>55313308

There's no reason you couldn't!

>>55313320

Not so, in this particular setting, there are many afterlives, and even the possibility on reincarnation awaiting you upon death!
>>
>>55313247
It's about how being a D&D PC means that you're homeless, broke, and unemployed, not to mention you're crazy and everyone in civilized society thinks you're garbage.
>>
I'm a software engineer. I'm completely useless in a place that doesn't have computers, and that is before we get to the language barrier.
>>
Only if I get to be a bard in a non edgy setting.
I love playing and DMing grim dark settings, but the fate of the characters is something far from enviable.
>>
>>55313293
>>55313297
>>55313412
While this is all very true, we've seen with other heroes thrown into the world by Aqua aren't necessarily as dopey and lame as Kazuma - the guy with the Demon Sword seemed to be doing pretty well for himself until Kazuma stole it, for example.
>>
>>55313202
>Guaranteed heaven.
If there was a 100% guarantee that you go to an afterlife, then there's no reason not to go at that point.
>>
>>55312890
> 9-5 employment for 20+ years, best-case
> Only two living relatives I care about
> Only solid friend now lives a state and a half away
> Haven't gone on a date in years

vs.

> Fantasy nonsense

If I get powers or a new body, definitely. If I don't, 60/40.
>>
>>55313431

What if your programming knowledge translated to magical knowledge and proficiency? What then?
>>
>>55313598
>Run into Goblin
>>>fireball(150, 48)
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: Can't convert 'int' object to evc implicitly
>Dead.
>>
>>55313643

> the majority of wizards are informal neckbeards with some degree of autism, the remainder are perfectionist professionals
> magic equates to programming
> spells are lines of pre-compiled memorized code
> spellbooks are archives of code
> scrolls are ways to activate code without risk of failure
> different magic systems are just different programming languages

Fund it
>>
>>55313202
>Guaranteed afterlife
>Potential for Magic
>Can bring my brother, who means the world to me
>Leave behind a clone so nobody else misses out
Done deal
>>
>>55312890
Only if my friends can come too.

My life is made worthwhile by seeing their success and helping them when times are hard. Without them I'd have killed myself years ago.
>>
File: 1484189083588.gif (602KB, 500x281px)
1484189083588.gif
602KB, 500x281px
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>55312939
rolling to contract boneitis
>>
>>55312890

I was going to say done deal but

>>55313894 Then I saw this guy. Gotta have me mates, but if I could then absolutely. If I could pick out my class even more so. Paladin here I come.
>>
File: 1497146674690.jpg (12KB, 196x199px)
1497146674690.jpg
12KB, 196x199px
Yeah sure, sign me up.
>>
>>55312890
If after the adventure i can come back to the homeworld with my newfound skills and treasure? Sure. Id risk it. So long as it was noblebright as opposed to grimdark.
>>
>>55313202

>You can choose a single core D&D class and race to become, and will gain the skills, equipment, and knowledge a member of that class and race could reasonably expect to have

I'd have to go sorceror for convenience (just Prestidigitation alone makes up for a lot of modern conveniences, and fuck memorizing a spellbook), and elf for long life.

So... yeah, I'd go in a heartbeat
>>
>>55312890
yes, I am a neet fuck. If I die fighting orcs it would probably at least be a more noble end then whats in store for me now and maybe I wouldn't be an embarrassment to my family.
>>
>>55312890
its not like you have a choice against the truck-san almight sudden bulldoze.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2000x1414px)
image.jpg
1MB, 2000x1414px
>>55312890
>>55312946
>>55313202
Yea I'd go in an instant. My preferred method would to be reincarnated/born into the world as a baby will all my memories intact.
>>
>>55312890
Assuming I can chargen on the way over and it isn't ass (I'm talking pick a face, pick a hairstyle, pick a hair color and you're done fuqboi levels of nonexistent variety) then there's nothing stopping me.
>>
>>55312890
I love my friends and my parents too much. I couldn't leave them behind
>>
>>55312890
Yes, unless it was DnD, with fucking Vancian magic and disgusting furfag races.

But if you're talking about Dragon Quest JRPG isekai-land, then fuck yes, in a heartbeat. Doubly so if I can turn into a cute, floppy eared, big titted dark elf girl before I go.
>>
Tiefling warlock of the Great Old Ones, pact of the Tome, done deal Imma go have fun now. Presditigidation, thaumaturgy, Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Invocations. Although, if not D&D but Pathfinder instead, I'd either be a chivalerous fighter or a bomb-chucking, mutagen-drinking, potion-brewing alchemist. Both with the dream of getting married to some pretty girl and go on adventures with her before settling down somewhere nice and have lots of children.
>>
>>55313768
dozens of anime already have
>>
File: 001[1].jpg (975KB, 2048x1467px)
001[1].jpg
975KB, 2048x1467px
>>55312890
Does it come with a perfect wife who's also a queen and a warrior?

>>55315494
Tanya pls stay
>>
If it gets me closer to becoming a Great Old One, then yes.
>>
>>55316913
Fuck anon you mean you wanna live in the bloodborne fantasy? Cause I dont think many of us here might survive the first 5 mins.
>>
>>55316987
What could be more satisfying than knowing you beat a great old one through sheer human willpower and recklessness? I'd probably die a minute after the intro cutscene though, but it'd be worth a shot.
>>
>>55313768
theres already a book series with the 'magic is programming' premise, but i forgot what it is called. 90s era stuff i think
>>
>>55312890
We're playing RPGs so that we don't have to live a life of actual adventure.
>>
File: 1406739743265 (1).jpg (843KB, 1800x1200px)
1406739743265 (1).jpg
843KB, 1800x1200px
>>55312890
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

This world is a soul crushing nightmare designed to grind any sense of whimsy and lackadaisical enjoyment out of you from day one. It is a machine that exists to destroy dreams. If you can escape this fate, then more power to you, but I cannot. I don't know how, and nothing seems to work. I am dying, inch by inch, consumed by existential despair and ennui that I only numb momentarily by drinking myself into a hole and crying out in impotent, omnidirectional rage at an unjust reality. The only momentary escape I have is the imagination that the machine has worked so hard to take from me. I have fought tooth and nail to protect it, to keep it alive, but it's just not enough.

Send me away. I will pay any price. I will do anything. No matter what the cost it is better than this sleepwalk into a quiet, gibbering oblivion, this complete eclipse of the soul. This is the greatest terror I can imagine, and I am living it. Any price you name would be gladly paid.

I do not want to be here anymore. I want to be somewhere where dreams have a purpose, and where hope doesn't rot.
>>
>>55312890
Only if I get to keep my motorbike and use it there.
>>
>>55312890
Yeah because life is awful
>>
>>55312890
I don't have a mundane life, so no.
>>
>>55312946
Define standard. If it's Forgotten Realms, I'm scouring the plane for a portal to Sigil as soon as possible so I can at least make my way to a setting that isn't shit.
>>
File: 1444018616247.png (131KB, 542x248px)
1444018616247.png
131KB, 542x248px
>>55312890
Sure, if I get protagonist powers.
>>
>>55318625
Actually, I don't mean to trashtalk the Forgotten Realms. Sigil is just dope with its breadth of options and mad beautiful metaphysics.
>>
>>55312890
The problem with my life is me not the world, so no, it would be equally shitty.
>>
>>55312890
>If you could abandon your mundane life for a fantastical world of adventure, would you?

If my life is too mundane i try to fix that with adventure.

However im practical, i dont hate peace and peace and quiet.
>>
>>55312890
I would like to be asked this question when I come to the end of my life, so that then I can evaluate my experiences and determine if I still have any regrets that could be realized in another world. If I were to be whisked away as I were now, even if I'm unsatisfied with this world, there are still the few people and responsibilities I care about that I'm abandoning. Were I dead, I wouldn't feel as guilty since I already gave it my all.
>>
>>55312890

Who wouldn't? Faggots, that's who.
>>
>Plays Changeling: The Lost
NOPE!
>>
>>55312890
Absolutely. My current life has no value. Even a horrible death in fantasy-land would be an actual ending, rather than slogging through this grey existence until something hits me just hard enough to wound, but not so hard that the pain ends.
>>
Yes. Why? I might actually be able to help people in a fantasy world.
>>
>>55319066
>If I were to be whisked away as I were now, even if I'm unsatisfied with this world, there are still the few people and responsibilities I care about that I'm abandoning. Were I dead, I wouldn't feel as guilty since I already gave it my all.
Pretty much this. There's maybe like one or two people that makes this shithole worth it, but if I'm dying anyway then why the fuck not.
>>
>>55312946
>Picture your standard D&D setting

Ya realize that D&D-settings are hellholes of failed nations where cats will kill you in your sleep and you'll be too weak to fight them off?
>>
>>55319578
You do have the option to be reincarnated as a cat.
>>
Fret not anons, when you die and become nothing you will eventually be pulled into another form of consciousness. It might take millions of years, and you might exist as some sentient alien slug, but you'll exist again eventually. If you're lucky your new life will be the equivalent of your fantasy world, but you won't be aware of your past life(s) to fully appreciate it.
>>
Depends, do I get the power to actually be a productive member of society there?
Does magic require some innate bullshit that can't be gained through study?
Is that world of adventure a piece of shit that can't be fixed alone?
Do I have to leave everyone I know and love behind without getting a chance to let them know I'll be fine?
>>
>>55320124
>do I get the power to actually be a productive member of society there?
That's not a power that's a choice.
>>
>>55312890
Probably not. I love the people in my life too much to do that. If not for them, I'd definitely go on an adventure.
>>
>>55312890
If I get to say goodbye to my family, sure. If not, fuck man, that would be a hard decision.
>>
>Depressed
>Get punted to a new world
>Depression eventually comes back
I only go on the off chance a wizard or a grand adventure can fix it.
>>
>ctrl+f
>dentist
>0 hits
I ain't going unless there are magical dentists with magical anesthesia.
>>
>if I had no idea what I was getting into
Fuck no. I don't want to end up in Crossed or Shadow of the Demon Lord or some shit.

>medievalesque grimdark
Fuck no.

>medievalesque noblebright
Sign me the fuck up.

>space opera
Sign me the fuck up.

>hard sci fi
Maybe. I'd have to know more.

>cyberpunk
Probably not.

>1001 nights
Sign me the fuck up.

>fairy tales
I know I'm making a mistake, but yes.
>>
I would very strongly consider it.
The only friends I have are dead or haven't spoken to me in ages, the only people I know online aren't friends, they're just people who're willing to put up with me every once in a while, and so on. I've made it a point to constantly lie about myself whenever asked, if only because the fake self I've made up is just that more appealing than the real me. The fake me has a multitude of skills that I don't actually possess (and when it comes to the few skills I do actually share with my fake "self", I'm nowhere as proficient as I'd like to be), and whenever bad things happen to him, it's never through any fault of his own. If I were to suddenly disappear, the only people who would actually care would be my family, and few others would even notice my absence.
I already engage in traditional games for the escapism aspect, it'd basically be the exact same thing but without the occasional breaks to return to reality for stuff like food and bathroom breaks.
What's more is that the mere presence of magic (and the ability to become a caster, as detailed by >>55313202) would make it possible to fix issues that otherwise wouldn't be possible or feasible to fix in the real world. Like, at best I may be able to manage a full personality rewrite or selectively remove some of my own memories. (After testing on others, naturally.)
The only reason I'd ever consider staying in the real world is for the various amenities that simply don't exist in a typical fantasy setting (internet access, video games, better food)
>>
>>55312890
Aye, because I would like my life to take on greater meaning.
>>
It depends. What sort of cheat powers would I get?
>>
>>55317338
I hate to break it to you, anon, but I think you're the sort of person who wouldn't be happy even if all your wishes came true.

Some people just aren't happiness-viable, in the long term.
>>
File: SOME.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px)
SOME.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
There is only ONE QUESTION that needs answering.

Would there be indoor plumbing? I don't want to walk around shit soaked streets on my way to adventure.
I also want to take showers in peace.
>>
File: leaderboard.png (1MB, 2535x800px)
leaderboard.png
1MB, 2535x800px
>>55312939
What if it depends on how many people you took with you?
>>
>>55323175
who are /r9k/ /v/ and /k/? Don't recognize them.
>>
>>55323787
>not recognizing Timothy 'Bomb Bay' McVeigh
How young are you?
>>
>>55312890
Yes. I would. Even better if I could bring my BOB or another person.

I wanna go cheeki breeki on some orcs or goblins before taking one as my wife.
>>
>>55323914
24. Yeah never heard of him before, I think.
>>
>>55324147
Oklahoma City Bomber, top scoring domestic terrorist in the history of the US.
>>
>>55312890
Yeah, why not?
Real life is boring. That's why I spend nearly every waking hour on the Internet.
>>
>>55326041
IF we were keeping score.
Which we're not, because that just encourages them.
By "we", I mean sane, well-informed people, not /tg/.
>>
>>55317051
?
>>
Honestly a month ago I wouldn't said no but the way things have been going this month, bring on the escapism ;__________;
>>
>>55312890
No, I'm a fan of my mundane life. But I guess my choice is very mundane.
>>
>>55312906
The adventure is out there, you don't need an impossible miracle to experience it.
>>
>>55323175
Someone add /co/ for the ember Mclain shooting
>>
>>55313202
> You can choose a single core D&D class and race to become, and will gain the skills, equipment, and knowledge a member of that class and race could reasonably expect to have.
>Core
No deal.
>>
>>55312890
If it meant I could finally be female I would do it without any hesitation
>>
>>55327995
You have something else in mind? The only thing not in core that'd I'd want to be is a sort of arcane paladin/ranger.
>>
>>55312890
>>55312946
I have responsibility toward my family, friends and countrymen. So I wouldn't, unless the choice would include them getting incorporated into the setting. I'd love living in a noblebright fantasy world, but I wouldn't leave the people of my world behind.
>>
File: AlbireoTower5.png (2MB, 1838x959px)
AlbireoTower5.png
2MB, 1838x959px
yes, as long as I'm capable of using magic or somehow come across a useful item to use that would make me not suck. i might even work up the motivation to get /fit/.

I'd quite enjoy a fantasy life.
>>
File: P435859342-3.jpg (119KB, 580x443px)
P435859342-3.jpg
119KB, 580x443px
>>55312890
Not really, especially at this point in my life. My future is actually promising, I'm in a degree field I enjoy that already lets me go on adventures, and there is still so much more for me to enjoy. Also, I'm not good with socializing with new people so that's be a pain.

The only way and reason I would go is if I finally got a Master's or PhD, and came to the new world to do study and research there, and still had the means to communicate with my homeworld as well as the ability to pack up and prepare properly before I arrived. Once all that is met though, I'd jump in a heartbeat at the chance to see and experience a whole new world. I could become the fantasy world equivalent to pic related!
>>
>>55328364
you are lucky and I'm so jealous that you are successful.
>>
>>55328364
you are skilled and I happy that you are successful.
>>
>>55312946
>Picture your standard D&D setting
>>55313202
>Like, could I ever return?
>Nope, once you're through the portal, that's it.
Hmmm, weird. Here you say it's impossible to return, but in the standard D&D setting not only is extraplanar travel and communication possible, extraplanar interactions with our world is canon in some settings.
>>
>>55312890
I really want to say yes. I really want to be able to say that I'd throw myself into a wonderful adventure.

But I know, if push came to shove, I wouldn't do it. I'd stay here, in my misery, because that's just kind of what I do.
>>
>>55312890
Part of me wants to say yes, that I would totally go if it meant the ability to be /fit/, gorgeous and curvy as hell, and have access to magic or powerful soul arts.

The other part of me is like >>55313043 and >>55316987 where I am immediately uncertain, as there is a very high chance that without any kind of hax abilities or some innate modification done to both my body and mind that I would not last five minutes in a fantasy world. The paranoia that I would not make the cut, or that I would die in that world because I'm such a fucking failure in this world is what keeps me from sealing the deal. Why would I assume that I would automatically be awesome in a new world when I'm a flaw-riddled fuckwad with no social skills or useful physical aptitude in this world?

>>55313202
>Let's say upon leaving, an identical clone of yourself with your memories seamlessly replaces you, and for everyone else you know, your life goes on as normal.
Anon, what if we're the clone right now?
>>
>>55312890
Yes, because I'm not cut out for the mundane "same shit, different day" life I'm trapped in.
>>
>>55312890
I'd abandon my mundane life for a regular world of adventure honestly
>>
File: 1501438020200.jpg (267KB, 2544x307px)
1501438020200.jpg
267KB, 2544x307px
>>55323175
Have the updated chart
>>
>All anons of this thread appear in the new world at the same place
What happens?
>>
>>55312890
Better than rotting here. Maybe I can be useful in a world with shittier law enforcement.
>>
>>55329242
who is the /d/ guy ?
>>
>>55327841
the only adventure in the real world is escapism and every hour of escapism requires hours of mindless slavery and labor
>>
>>55312890
Are we allowed to choose what we look like? As well, can we start with some stuff?
>>
>>55329280
I know I'm going to be running as fast as possible because knowing my luck the person closest to me will be one of those bastards that firmly believes "there can only be one"
>>
>>55329280
I for one would immediately try to call everyone together, and first get a feel of what professional skills and capabilities we all have, then dividing us into groups along with those of similar skillsets.

After that, it's about serveying and taking stock.of the situation, and determining what the most important and pressing needs are, such as water, shelter, food, defense, etc. Hopefully, the situation will allow us to quickly come together and decide best on a means of command and management, so we can efficiently decide on the best course of action.

Also, I ask someone to.bring me some pants, seeing as I'm currently naked
>>
>>55329280
HIGHLANDER TIME
>>
>>55312890
Let me ask my wife...
>>
>>55329586
>>55329632
GOD DAMNIT
>>
>>55312890
I'd like to think that this would enable me to get out and start to actually live a life.
But if I'm being realistic I'd probably still end up a depressed shut in but with more elves.
>>
File: 1495975580117.jpg (127KB, 1063x752px)
1495975580117.jpg
127KB, 1063x752px
>>55312890
if you're miserable in real life and the only thing that changes is the setting, you'd be miserable there too.
>>
I guess. Why not?
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (63KB, 400x366px)
Ow_the_edge.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>55330583
Quality post there anon
>>
>>55317051
Laundry Files? Though it's more "magic is math".
>>
>>55330837
He ain't wrong.

If anything changing the setting fucks you up because you are unfamiliar at it and have absolutely zero connections to help you.
>>
>>55312905
Pokemon world
>>
>>55312890
My life isn't even bad but I can't resist the possibility of another world.
>>
>>55330980
>If anything changing the setting fucks you up because you are unfamiliar at it and have absolutely zero connections to help you.

Haha, yeah totally

haha i have lots of connection in real life
wouldn't it be funny if I- I mean if someone was unfamiliar with their own time and couldn't get a job or interact with people

haha
>>
>>55331042
Dude, you at least have fucking google here to let you know what to do. Don't be fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: Od3130SnhoY.jpg (10KB, 200x200px)
Od3130SnhoY.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>tfw chemistry is basically alchemy but no one recognizes it as such

I feel like if you lived in a magical realm all that "wow magic" stuff would just be basic for you, like chemistry.

If the quality of life of any of these fantasy worlds aren't better than the life here (which is in my opinion incredibly high) theres no real reason to go there.

If you want to be a wizard or some gladitorial champion go do chemistry or go fight in the MMA. if you think thats too hard you're not going to make it in fantasy world.
You'd get bored and tired of it just as fast as you do real life.
>>
No because if i did, after a few weeks id want to sit back and relax with a few cold ones in front of some screen.
>>
>>55331156
Yeah doing a shit ton of math to make some oil CEO money is totally the same thing as turning myself into a flying hydra and creating a servitor race of catgirls in my haunted forbidden castle
>>
>>55331291
think about it.

from the perspective of the cat girl universe of sex slaves, controlling the business of magic fire oil that creates electricity and dancing images on moving water sounds amazing.
>>
>>55329280
I flee in the opposite direction.

I don't want my new paradise tainted by relics of the old world. I have nothing against you people but you will poison my dreams.
>>
>>55331291
Where you gonna get the funding bro? You ain't no nobility, you are some weirdo with no credentials or paperworks. I bet you don't even speak the language.
>>
>>55331311
No. I'm super sick of this argument

yes, there are cool tech toys. No, they aren't as equivalently awesome as
MOTHER
FUCKING
MAGIC

Seriously nigga. You can apply flowery context-ignoring language to whatever mundane IRL tech you want or move the goalposts with 'uh but what if ur a shitty peasant in a shitty low magic world :^)' but if you sincerely, unironically, believe that stockholm-sounding bullshit you just typed I have nothing more to say to you.
>>
>>55331369
magic is just another tool.

science is basically magic thats been scientifically explained.

"but theres no limit, I could graft a giraffe on my penis with a magic crystal and I could like fuck a rock that spews out neon colored orgasm juice-" yeah and after a while you'd get bored of that.
>>
>>55331156
The difference is that in a fantasy world, effort much more easily translates into substance. You can't breach the class barrier in real life, for example. It doesn't happen. All those motivational stories where somebody works his way up from living in a shoebox and subsisting on moss scraped from alley walls through dedication and willpower are a bunch of horseshit designed to keep the average person believing that if he just gives it his all he will surely be successful. So he gives it his all, and his bosses thank him for all the money he is making for them, knowing that they will never give him his shot.

A chemist in real life has no real power. A wizard has tangible, physical ability to influence the world around him. An MMA fighter can be good at beating a few people up. A fantasy fighter can smash through brick walls, tank trains hitting him at full speed, and survive falls from outer space.

It's a completely different scale. Advancement has more meaning.

I don't even care if I'm not one of those exceptional heroes. I just need to know that it's possible.
>>
>>55331393
And that's when you start working on what all wizards work towards, becoming a motherfucking God.
>>
>>55331369
You seem to be under the impression that you would be the only magician in town. If your lard ass can pull it off, you can bet your ass more competent people with actual experience will come and find you once you start squirting your magic jizz everywhere.
>>
>>55331403
but there would just be a council of wizards that would do the exact same shit.

Shit thered probably be a ton of rules and crap like casting fireballs would essentially be like owning a gun.

actually that sounds pretty interesting.
>>
>>55331422
Why? You're just completely nullifying the fantasy aspect of it in favour of applying the soul crushing nature of our reality to something that is supposed to be pure and whimsical. There's nothing interesting about that, in my eyes. It's depressing, more than anything.
>>
>>55331393
fucking christ

Go read some mythology. Norse is my recommendation. Also, Lord Dunsany. And like, 100 fairy tales from as many different cultures as possible. And the bible, and then ask the pastor if he ever gets bored of believing in god. And carl jung (actually that's a lie, read works ABOUT carl jung's work. And read joseph campbell before Jung.)

Then maybe, in another thread, several years later, we can discuss magic and tech and FANTASY in a way beyond your current basic bitch 'the scope of my imagination is the pathfinder SRD" scope of knowledge.

Also this is a good post that is less rude.
>>55331403
>>
>>55331442
but thats what the whole arguement is in general.
unless the fantasy world doesn't apply human logic to it then its going to be just as soul crushing.

Shit if it was as magical and pure as you make it out to be, going over there could mean that you could corrupt it with your own worlds horrible designs and ideas.
which does sound fun.
>>
>>55312890
Yes.
Because I'm a NEET, partly due to my actions and partly due to my family's, with a shitty home life. I only have a couple friends, and I honestly sometimes feel like they consider me more trouble than I'm worth sometimes.

That last bit might be low self-esteem talking, but eh.

>>55312946
Even better.
>>
>>55312890
Does this fantastical world have monstergirls.

If so, yes with no further questions.
>>
>>55331459
That's kind of the point. Reality sucks. Fantasy is better. Like, just... Better. Bad things still happen, but even the bad things are better than real life's bad things. They're more -fantastic-.

If I woke up in a fantasy world, I'd probably delude myself into thinking that this world was a horrible nightmare and the new one was real the whole time. Nothing deserves to escape this reality.
>>
>>55331442
That's the premise. It's YOU going on the adventure, YOU who have nothing better to do than waste time in an imageboard, YOU who didn't have the chops to make it in a world that you are actually familiar with and have had chance to do something with.
>>
>>55331499
Like I said. I don't care if I'm an important person in this hypothetical fantasy world. I just think the real world sucks and don't want to live in it.
>>
File: berserk.jpg (364KB, 1280x720px)
berserk.jpg
364KB, 1280x720px
>>55312890
I have no way of knowing what awaits me in the other world. If it's pic related, I would regret my decision quite a bit, so I am going to say... I'd rather not.
>>
>>55312890
Do I get a sweet buff bod like, say, Den? Cos in that case, yeah.
>>
>>55331791

Oh and magic/psionic powers too.
>>
>>55312890
Absolutely, without a doubt, no questions asked. The real question here is, what other races would be willing to become my waifu?
>>
>>55326800
>>55330880
nah, neither of those is it. summoned to another world for reasons, learn to code magic which scares everyone because its lots of tiny spells (steps) instead of one big spell, sufficiently complex code turns into a daemon, he is immune to some assassin demon because his true name was never spoken in the world, etc. later had went back to earth to get the recipe for pizza and brought his coder colleagues over for book two

seems like there is more than one series with the magic is programming idea though
>>
Honestly, I'd feel really shitty about abandoning my gaming group one of the few reasons I haven't killed myself so it depends on how far down the isekai chain we're going here. I'd need some serious incentive to leave behind indoor plumbing, A/C, and access to modern medicine.
>>
>>55312890
I would abandon the life of adventure for a mundane fantasy world. I just want to run an inn for adventurers and worry only about the small things, like whether I have enough beer and mead, how to keep the barbarians' hands of my barmaids, where to get the best dragon's steak meat and how to keep the proper balance between dungeon masters and adventurers because I want to stay in the business and can't let them kill each other.
>>
>>55332449
Humans are disgusting monkeys, only filthy degenerates would fuck them and produce the dreaded half-breed spawns.
>>
>>55312890
Most fantastical worlds don't have insulin, so no, I rather like being alive.
>>
File: 1419142049538.png (121KB, 500x500px)
1419142049538.png
121KB, 500x500px
All I've ever wanted was to be able to explore and fight for a living. I'd rather die getting eaten alive by slimes in a cave than get ass cancer and shit myself to death after 30 years of busting my ass making someone else rich.

I've already got most of the skills of a lv1 ranger or druid so let's go! Put me in, coach! Fuck this world! Come on! I wanna be a combat shaman!

You're going to send me now, right OP? You didn't just ask to make me sad, right?

>>55331486
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>55333163
have you considered selling everything you own and buying a one-way ticket to the middle east?
>>
>>55312910
Keep hanging in there. Life will get better.
>>
>>55328079
Psionicist, Warblade, or Artificer.
>>
>>55333050
Cure disease.
>>
>>55333761
I'm not interested in joining the army, if that's what you're asking. I'm also not really interested in hurting poor farmers. I just like a good fist fight every now and then. All my skills lie with living in the forest anyway, not the desert.

I've lived on the road before though, and wouldn't be opposed to doing it again with better preparation than last time. I know a fair bit about hunting, tracking, navigation, herbalism, first aid and archery. I can use a rifle or crossbow if needed, and know how to make a longbow with basic tools. I also know how to throw knives and fight with a hatchet. My religion involves asking for guidance from nature spirits.

Who needs a lv1 ranger for their party?
>>
>Entirely the first few episodes of Konosuba
Would try to be an adventurer, doesn't realize work is still work, even as a mercenary. Probably just end up being some city guard or something and hope something happens.

but it never comes
>>
>>55316372
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for posting this image cause I found the manga and read it and had a grand old time.

Also wanted to say fuck you, there were only 7 chapters. The wait is gonna kill me.
>>
>>55331499

There is no adventure in real life. There isn't anything better to do than waste time on an imageboard in real life. Real life is a garbage pit in which the only thing to aspire to is money. And saying everyone who doesn't share your idealistic world view failed at life is just ridiculous.
>>
File: 1469911587125.png (31KB, 495x911px)
1469911587125.png
31KB, 495x911px
>>55312890
Sometimes I feel like I've made a hash of my life through poor decisions, lack of dedication, and frankly having had a moderately easy start for the first fifteen to twenty years such that I never actually molded myself into anything through adversity, challenge or hardships that would be meaningful to anyone but myself.

Fantasy world shift would basically be a sink-or-swim introduction into the random encounter hellscpes that so many of these places can turn into within the context of worlds and settings which I'm well versed in and essentially have a decent education from the last twenty years of my life as well as access to forces and assets of the supernatural which I don't find as easily at home, nor as potently.

Sure, I could reinvent myself here. I can practice faiths and witchcraft if I want to, but the actual results depend partly on my self-discipline which I know is lacking, my own fervor to improve myself which is tilted against the diminishing amount of a damn I give about myself, and the available assets I have which were more easily made use of and available in the past as responsibilities pile up and prevent effective scaling of what I Do have.

As per a parody of one of those "tossed into a game for realsies" has noted, getting thrown into a world where the fantasy and game knowledge I have would be applicable would be one of the best things that could happen to me in terms of getting a chance to not be a fuckup.
>>
>>55335151
The charm doesn't lie so much in the nature of the world, but in getting to be a protagonist.
>>
>>55329439
Korean who snapped. tore apart a small town with guns he stole from the police station.
>>
File: 020[1].png (558KB, 1368x2000px)
020[1].png
558KB, 1368x2000px
>>55335128
>Hey, just wanted to say thanks for posting this image cause I found the manga and read it and had a grand old time.
It's always good to share hidden gems with a fellow man of culture.

>Also wanted to say fuck you, there were only 7 chapters. The wait is gonna kill me.
There's a Light Novel if you really can't wait. I don't read it because I hate reading walls of texts on a computer screen and I'm 99.999% certain it isn't licensed in my country.
>>
>>55313021
Dude, rome and plenty of other medieval and earlier societies had plumbing. The origin of the word plumber is roman. Pipes and waste disposal weren't invented in the industrial revolution, learn some history.
>>
>>55335564
Yes. Tasty fresh water from lead pipes.
>>
>>55335564
yeah with no water sanitation laws.

learn some hygene
>>
>>55335693
>with no water sanitation laws
To be fair, there's no heavy industry either so practically all spring water is clean enough to drink. It won't be as clean as modern day tap water, but it'll be safe enough. Unlike today where drinking out of most rivers is a death sentence, or at the very least a trip to the hospital.
>>
>>55335151
Be the change you want to see in the world. Start the adventure, other people will join your party.
>>
File: 1476860125300.jpg (92KB, 634x631px)
1476860125300.jpg
92KB, 634x631px
>>55335761
Not that anon, but we're born in the wrong time for adventure. We're born way too late to discover the planet, way too early to discover the univers and a little bit too early to remove kebab
>>
>>55312890
Of course. Doesn't matter how good your real life is, a fantasy would be better.
Immortality is in your reach too.
>>
>>55312890
My quick answer is YES YES YES!
But i'd prefer some sort of power/ability/talent that would help me in the new world.
Otherwise I am better equipped to survive Boring-Earth.
>>
File: 1499962189211.png (217KB, 700x401px) Image search: [Google]
1499962189211.png
217KB, 700x401px
>>55335815
>But i'd prefer some sort of power/ability/talent that would help me in the new world.
Your post reminds me of that smartphone isekai that's currently airing and now I'm angry.

>You died when you weren't supposed to. As compensation you get to be reincarnated in another world and you can take one item of your choice with you.
>You picked your smartphone? Alright... to keep things fair I'll also give you an infinite battery and internet connection, but you can't use this to communicate with people in your world
Alright, sounds fair enough. A smartphone with an eternal battery and internet connection can be a versatile tool that offers many creative ways to solve a plethora of confl-
>Also I'm going to give you haxx powers that will make literally everything you ever attempt a cakewalk
Fuck you
>>
>>55335761
It doesn't work that way and you know it.

The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.
>>
>>55312890
Only if I could take my wife and cats with me. Or just my wife if the Random Omnipotent Being that sends me into the other world will take proper care of the cats.
>>
>>55335927
It does actualy.
Plenty of war around the world, go join some of them
>>
>>55335905
Can we please get some Isekai where the hero doesn't just get the ability to win everything forever, and actually has to earn their victories, respect, and harem?
>>
File: 1504298421633.gif (201KB, 491x544px)
1504298421633.gif
201KB, 491x544px
>>55335929
>I was killed by the Religion of Peace and now I'm sent to another world with my wife and pets but my wife is a Ladyknight and my cats are now sentient tigers that communicate telepathically and allow me to ride them into battle??!!!

>"The new SAO"
>-Anime News Network

>"10/10 it was okay"
>-IGN
>>
>>55335151
>There is no adventure in real life.
Spoken by someone who's never left their home, metaphorically if not physically.
>>
>>55312890
No, I'm happy with my life. And if I want excitment I can exercise or play games.
>>
>>55328175
>implying they would miss you.
>>
File: grimgar.png (5MB, 1920x1080px)
grimgar.png
5MB, 1920x1080px
>>55335974
Grimgar, kinda. Among the people who enter the world, the most competent person quickly picks all the other capable people to form a group and leaves. The leftovers form their own group by default. The hero is in the latter.
>>
>>55335993
>Climb a mountain.
>Wow what an adventure I'm now high up!
>Go hiking.
>Wow what an adventure look at all these fucking trees!
>Go boating.
>Wow what an adventure look at all this water!
Adventure requires stakes and adversity which the real world no longer provides in an interesting manner for a vast majority of people.
>>
>>55336208
Join the FFL
>Climb a mountain
>Wow what an aventure I'm high up! Also sandniggers are trying to shoot me!

>Go hiking
>Wow what an adventure look at all these fucking trees! Also treeniggers are trying to shoot me!

>Go boating
>Wow what an adventure look at all this water! Also boatniggers are trying to shoot me!
>>
>>55336243
Sorry, forgot the third thing.
Stakes, adversity, and purpose which one can personally be invested in.
>>
>>55334119
How do I know the setting we're ending up in is D&D? Given how many people here hate it, I'd bet against.
>>
>>55335953
War isn't adventure.
>>
File: 1416320304978.png (42KB, 853x613px) Image search: [Google]
1416320304978.png
42KB, 853x613px
>>55336267
>La République isn't a purpose one can personally be invested in
Royalists out!
>>
>>55312890
Possibly, but this bland, mundane life has a certain charm to it.

Considering the amount of times I die in tabletop, it'd be a short, violent life.
>>
>>55336326
Then what the hell is adventure?
>>
>>55336208
You sound like a boring person. Are you the same guy who whines on /cyoag/ about how life your parents are rich and won't let you kill yourself?
>>
>>55336195
The "everyone has amnesia" part of Grimgar bothered me.
>>
>>55334931
not joining the army, just solo into a warzone
>>
>>55336281
see
>>55312946

However, we don't know if OP has any idea what he is talking about when he says "standard D&D setting", so take that with a grain of salt.
>>
>>55335642
Lead pipes actually wasn't really a problem because they didn't have faucets and the constant flow of water would form a protective layer of mineral deposit inside of the pipe.

Using lead salts as a sweetener in their food and drink was a real thing though.
>>
>>55336689
I feel like that was setting up something important down the track that we didn't get to see because the anime didn't adapt far enough or something. I agree that within the short scope of the anime it did seem irritating that they had a plot device basically remove any meaningful reason to it being isekai and then failed to do anything with that.

The all seem to abruptly get very sad when they get even the slightest reminder of the lives they lost before coming to Grimgar, and they definitely retained more than literally zero memory of the old world. For example, fats mcgee remembering the shape and layout of a plane, but not that they were called planes, or what they did. But they didn't seem to regain memories of the old world with time, nor apply any knowledge they didn't learn in Grimgar.
>>
>>55336449
A journey to discover what lies beyond the horizon.
>>
>>55336326
>War isn't adventure.

Half the wars in Europe during the Middle Ages were started by people trying to conquer another person's stuff, oftentimes merely because they were the second son of a primogeniture Norman and they wanted a shot at being lord.
>>
>>55335151
Try pursuing a Wildlife Biology degree, and getting a job as a Field Technician. Plenty of adventure there.
>>
>>55312890

I'd do anything for the chance, I'm already an autistic wizard, all I need is the magic.
>>
>>55312890
Nah i don't want to get killed.
>>
>>55336326
it often is, and if you use that experience to do some private work you can make enough to live comfortably in early retirement
>>
File: 46e87874f88fefea6a91631fa7625da.jpg (84KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
46e87874f88fefea6a91631fa7625da.jpg
84KB, 1000x563px
>>55312890
Only if I get the annoying Deity of Hedonism as a Sidekick.
>>
File: HistoryEraserButton.gif (486KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
HistoryEraserButton.gif
486KB, 500x375px
>>55312890
I'm not sure that's a good idea, knowing my luck something terribly fucked up with happen that would fuck me over in that fantastical world of adventure.

And even if not, what are the options?
a) I don't get any special powers and am just a miserable over there as I am here.
b)I actually get some special powers in which case I go full CE because if I had a just a sliver of power I would lose all of my inhibitions at the same time.

Realistically speaking nothing good can come of it.
>>
>>55313247
KonoSuba is a horrifying world to live in unless you have gamebreaking skills. The only reason it's so light hearted is because the show is a comedy.

Did you know there's a species of tiger that's known as The Rookie Killer? It's capable of perfectly imitating small and weaker animal sounds and tracks to lure out low level adventurers that don't have perception/danger sense skills and kill them. That's literally ALL IT DOES. Sure, it's a tiger, but unless you're a high level bumming it in a low-level zone, it's a predator that's prey is literally low level adventurers.

Imagine if you played session 1 of tabletop and the first objective "clear out the cave of goblins". Except, the "goblins" are actually sentient fungus that imitate goblins. So as you progress into the cave killing goblins you breath in more and more fungus until you all die of disease because nobody in the party knows cure/detect diseases yet.
>>
>>55313045
>Aisling
My culturally enriching sibling.
>>
Assuming by "A fantastical world of adventure" I'll be able to be at least semi-successful at adventuring, and wont just be a shitty peasant, then fuck yeah in a heartbeat.

I'm mediocre at best in every aspect, I tried to kermit sudoku and fucked that up too. An exciting life full of crazy stuff I'd never be able to see or do here would be amazing.
>>
At this point sure. I would've said before "No, I have a gf and she'd be sad." But since this is no longer the case, well, the gf part. She'd probably still be pretty sad if I disappeared, def.
>>
>>55340649
Let's not forget that until 4 incompetent, bumbling fools destroyed it there was a huge muderrapedeathbot aimlessly wandering around the land destroying everything in its path. If your home is in its path, you'd better move out and hope you have good insurance.
>>
>>55312890
Is this where you give out the tickets? Sign me in if you can. I'd do a lot of things to get to a place where there's nobody I know and things I don't know.

I have no interest in (or chance to) being an adventurer, though, and haven't learnt anything of any worth, so I would appreciate some rebirth. If there is magically no language barrier, my education would allow me to be a teacher for children, maybe. Don't give me special powers, don't give me magic talent, I would waste it all in my vainglory. Thank you very much.
>>
>>55312890
Provided I can upgrade myself in the process, ala Isekai or something similar, I'd do it in a heart beat.
>>
>>55333994
This, anon. Or rather - you cannot say with certainty that it won't. And you have plenty of time to be dead. If nothing else, you can kill yourself anytime. Might as well stay around for a peek at what's around the corner.
>>
I would honestly love this since my life gone to crap. But lets stay happy. As hard as it is I still pull through
>>
>>55312890
Yes. I would study magic, build a tower on an island, study more, start grooming a primitive tribe to be my cattle and use them as components in a ritual to become a lich so I can study more. I would also pay reparations for the families of the sacrificed and offer cookies to the adventures who come to plunder my things
>>
If you could abandon your mundane life in favour of a fantasy adventure in Mareth, would you?
>>
>>55343366
I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, but since you spoilered it, I'm guessing it's supposed to be a shocking swerve.
>>
File: rattle.gif (425KB, 512x512px)
rattle.gif
425KB, 512x512px
>Desperately want some sort of grand adventure to break up the monotony
>Am a lazy jack-ass
I mean yeah sure I'd love to go murder goblins as much as the next guy, but that sounds like a lot of work and honestly I'd probably get murdered by some random thug or die of malnutrition or disease before I could do anything of note.

Now if I'm dropped into it with OP cheat magic or st least some guarantee I wouldn't die/just end up doing the same things I'm doing minus running water and electricity, then maybe.
>>
>>55332979
You definitely mean the Webmage series.
>>
>>55332979
>>55343906
Wait, nevermind, I'm a dumbass, missed half of what you said, not webmage after all.
>>
>>55312890
No, because adventure is a fancy word used to hide danger and suffering.
>>
>>55336136
What's true of you isn't true of everyone, and you shouldn't expect it to be.
>>
>>55320361
They're called clerics, Anon.
>>
>>55312946
Do I get to change my sex
>>
>>55337426
Which always result in war if you were lucky.
Most of the time you would die by diarrhea before reaching your destination.
>>
File: what was her name.jpg (3KB, 97x97px) Image search: [Google]
what was her name.jpg
3KB, 97x97px
I may be the only person to say this, but I rather like life. Sue me, I dunno.
>>
>>55335974

Kumo desu ga nani ka is a pretty good one. She gets super strong eventually, but has to work her way up from basically nothing.
>>
Gentlemen, what about being thrown into a dwarf fortress world?
>>
>>55313021
Prestidigitation takes care of all your hygiene needs
>>
>>55345330
This hear is the real question
>>
File: 1379728276213.jpg (41KB, 400x696px)
1379728276213.jpg
41KB, 400x696px
>>55313202
>Let's say wizards and some nobility have flush toilets, plumbing is reasonably widespread, and toilet paper is a relatively cheap luxury on the level of slightly vintage wine.
>For the sake of it, you can bring any single person you've known for at least a year and are fairly close to, as long as they consent.
>Let's say upon leaving, an identical clone of yourself with your memories seamlessly replaces you, and for everyone else you know, your life goes on as normal.

Well that about covers the three hang ups I'd have. Sign me the fuck up, I'd love to be a sorceror who isn't me. As long as I make enough money to afford toilet paper, it's a straight up improvement.
>>
I hate to break it to guys but if you lived in any of these fantasies you would all be the scrub diseased peasants toiling away in the filthy cities, drinking yourself half to death every day; or you would be a nameless grunt soldier sent to the meat-grinder to be horribly killed by some monster/demon/orcs at the old age of 24

If you don't have the initiative, motivation, or just plain competence to be successful in this world, then you are assuredly would not be the fantastic hero in any other world
>>
File: 1490296263105.jpg (108KB, 1063x752px)
1490296263105.jpg
108KB, 1063x752px
>>55330583
>>55330837
the setting change might help for a bit but ultimately you just have to get over yourself and start enjoying your life.
>>
>>55312890
probably
>>
>>55347619
It's bullshit, you know.
Humans are defined in relation to their environment.
Go to a homeless guy and tell him:
>if you had a place to call your own it might help you for a bit but ultimately you just have to get over yourself
>>
>>55347645
if he was able to get over himself he wouldn't be homeless in the first place.
>>
>>55347653
>meet a guy without a leg in XIX century
>Oh, get over yourself! Dreaming about the times when prosthesis can be given to you freely is shit. Just stop being legless!
>>
>>55346939
>Implying I will have requisite stat to cast any spell.
>>
>>55312890
I already made a promise to myself that since I don't care to pursue love/sexual relationships that whole "All is fair in love and war" didn't particularly apply to love in my case. The answer is yes. I would take the option to be isekai-ed regardless of impact my sudden disappearance on others around me, because 100% confirmation of the supernatural/fantastical is the one circumstance that I will allow myself to be utterly and completely selfish in its pursuit.
>>
File: IMG_8326.jpg (205KB, 549x936px)
IMG_8326.jpg
205KB, 549x936px
>>55331156
>chemistry is the same thing as magic

You need to go read a fucking book or kill yourself.
>>
>>55347398
Having benefited from a modern standard of education, and having extremely unusual outlook for your host culture by virtue of being from elsewhere, even if circumstance forced you into being in some menial job you would almost automatically be fated to be an innovator of some kind.

Even if the best you manage is to design a better windmill, that already puts you on a trajectory of social mobility miles above the rank and file of the setting.
>>
>>55312905
90% chance you get comfy medieval noblebright
10% chance you become an imperial guardsman.
>>
>>55348171
It'll be fine, the Emperor Protects, right?
>>
Yes. Probably in Tamriel. Seems nice in the towns and cities.
>>
Just send me somewhere where i can have a purpose.
>>
>>55314980
Looks like a Bloodborne reference...
>>
>>55339384
Such a best girl ;-;7
>>
>>55348510
That's not Chriss though. That's "Int | 3 | -4" personified.
>>
>160 posters
>all degenerate escapists

You will never find that perfect waifu from another dimension, Anons.
>>
>>55349057
its okay, i have her tied up in my basement already
>>
>>55344393
can't you just have a nice safe adventure free of conflict?
>>
>>55313781
Going with this.
>>
>>55348209
not you, unfortunately.
>>
>>55331311
>sounds amazing.
no, not really.
no matter how many contrived metaphors you use, real life will never be as good as an imagined reality suited to the tastes of our species.
that's why they call it fantasy.
>>
>>55312970
My life is good here. At least for now. The only thing that calls me is the possibility of increased longevity, but I would need to be able to bring my loved ones.
>>
>>55329242
whoa, who are the /k/ guys? how could i possibly have heard of all of these people but not them?
>>
>>55329280
I try to beat the shit out of this guy
>>55329619
>>
>>55334931
Ive always wanted to go on a ocean adventure, but obviously that is impossible alone.

remember ever so often how 4chan has a "we should buy an island or something' threads that never happen?
its such a shame no one ever does anything they talk about
>>
Now I'd say I would, but then again I didn't go hang with the YPG despite that being plenty of oppertunity for adventure.
>>
>>55313202
Deal, there is no sense in not doing it. There are no fucking downsides
>>
>>55329280
I go away very fast. I didn't go on fantasy land to follow orders from a bunch of nerds like this one >>55329619
or to fight autistic nerd like this one >>55329632
>>
>>55336243
>Wow what an adventure, I'm in a shit camp eating shit meal with criminals and nutjobs!
You don't know shit about the FFL, I can tell.
>>
>>55347398
>If you don't "make it" in corporate capitalistic world, then you surely couldn't in any other!
Even as a "successful" guy, I can tell you're full of shit.
>>
>kill self
>become warforged warlock
>power grind to 20th
>use demonic powers to protect vilage without drawing attention
>marry mayors daughter
>rinse and repete every hundred years or so
>accend to divinity

Yes, in a heartbeat
>>
>>55349673
>criminals and nutjobs!
What do you think this is, 1920? Don't you know it's THE CURRENT YEAR?

On a more serious note, over the past few decades the FFL has become a lot more professional. You need to pass psychological tests now and need to have a sheet that's at least somewhat clean, so criminals and nutjobs aren't there anymore. You're in fact more likely to find men running away from alimony or people who can for some reason or another no longer serve in other military units (a lot of British legionaires are ex-SAS who've gotten too old for the job for example).
>>
>>55329619
>Hopefully, the situation will allow us to quickly come together and decide best on a means of command and management, so we can efficiently decide on the best course of action.

>Chantards
>agreeing on anything
>coordinating in any way

Hahaha, how naive.

>>55329632 has the right of it.
>>
>>55348142
>Having benefited from a modern standard of education, and having extremely unusual outlook for your host culture by virtue of being from elsewhere, even if circumstance forced you into being in some menial job you would almost automatically be fated to be an innovator of some kind.

I don't think it's that simple. If you're put down in a setting with no family, no friends and no social status, you're basically at the same level as a hobo or outlaw in most people's eyes. If this is a feudal medieval society then your family and status is extremely important. Some foreigner walking around telling people "hey I've got some great ideas guys pls listen" isn't going to get you the money and manpower you need to make things happen. Worst case scenario your complete ignorance of social norms and religion in the setting might get you killed.

I would say, if you are a charismatic person IRL, you could still make it. You need to be likable enough that people will overlook your eccentricities and listen to what you have to say. Otherwise, you're likely to get horribly shit on.
>>
>>55348142
>My Liberal Arts degree will make me successful in the modern world, let alone in a society that runs on entirely different rules and has different basic requirements for survival
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.