[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 23

File: reading wodg.jpg (140KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
reading wodg.jpg
140KB, 1000x800px
Previous thread: >>55295576
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/the-labor-party-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Why does Fate/zero come up so often? And how is it WOD like?
>5th edition cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>55309717
>Why does Fate/zero come up so often? And how is it WOD like?

It's as 'WOD like' as any other urban fantasy setting. Nothing special about it.
>>
>>55309717

It's part of a popular Japanese franchise and the demographics of the site means that folks will naturally like it and want to tie it to other things they like. They're not very similar at all, though.
>>
>>55309717
Type Moon is a setting where the main 'splats' are vampires and mages [and Heroic Spirits]. The vampires work a LOT like Masquerade, the mages work a LOT like Awakening, so there's a lot of crossover in concepts.
>>55309755
I don't think its all-encompassing as you're saying, and furthermore aren't most Obsessions related to the supernatural?

Dissecting vampires also is not scary.
>>
>>55309764
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN.
THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAAAL!
>>
>>55309717
>Why does Fate/zero come up so often? And how is it WOD like?
Its because pretty much every anime fits the edgelord beats of WoD to a T.
>>
>>55309802
>>55309784
Leave it in the last shitty thread.
>>
>>55309784
>I don't think its all-encompassing as you're saying, and furthermore aren't most Obsessions related to the supernatural?
As you raise your Gnosis you literally lose touch with mundane reality, you can hold more Obsessions, and you carry a greater risk of Paradox. Please read the book or shut your fucking mouth.
>>
>jackasses still want to argue about Awakening when they so clearly know nothing about it
Guess I'll come back later.
>>
>>55309717
Weebs thinking Fate is special because it aligns with WoD when literally every fictional piece ever does.
>>
>>55309827
>>55309847
>check 2e book
>literally no mention of Gnosis making you lose touch with mundane reality
>several of the Pentacle Orders revolve around Sleepers
>several of the Archmage cliques revolve around Sleepers
>the Obrimos gnosis-increase literally involves you seeing the burning potential of even the most insignificant. Not only do things not fall into the backdrop, they burn with intensity in your vision.

Please actually read the book instead of just accusing others of not reading it.
>>
>>55301543
I like the idea. I once tried to port some West Marches structural ideas to WoD but didn't have enough players to make the model work.
>>55309795
Recommend a MU*
>>
The fact that you morons don't *get* Mage is what scares me most about the line. Yeah, Awakening is scary shit. You literally have no idea what power does to people.
>>
Hey dumb cunts, leave it in the last thread, got it?
>>
>>55309931
>"Nuuuu seriously guys, humans are super edgy when they get power! They don't just get hookers and blow, they farm babies! Its super spoopy guys!"
>>
>>55309913
How do you do XP with a west marches approach?
>>
>>55309931
That's exactly why it isn't scary to me. If I wanted demonstrations of what the corrupt and powerful can do, I could look into the politics of basically any nation on earth and find things on par with most of what the Seers do.

The only thing that's uniquely horrifying is Archmage retroactive reality changes, but those are also why they're garbage for any game that isn't World of Archmages (and those other guys).
>>
>>55309931
yeah i guess superhero power fantasies are pretty scary
>>
>>55309979
>If I wanted demonstrations of what the corrupt and powerful can do, I could look into the politics of basically any nation on earth and find things on par with most of what the Seers do.
Thinking torturing people for profit isn't horrifying doesn't really change the underlying fact that most people consider it to be.
>>
>>55309961
Didn't change it. Why would you change it and how?
>>
My ST uses attacks of opportunity in my 2ed vamp game. Question: does this break the game?
>>
>>55310036
The whole thing sounds similar to a LARP set up,. so I'd assume usually slower growth rates to attempt to keep disparate groups at least similar XP wise.
>>
>>55309906
It's explicitly mentioned in 1e and a theme that is still reflected in 2e. As I said, more Obsessions, a greater risk of Paradox, and if you go high enough you can even permanently have stats beyond the human maximum. And the Silver Ladder and Free Council being Sleeper focused doesn't mean they stay in touch with mundane reality. Their reasons for caring about Sleepers are very much in line with supernatural concerns.
>>
>>55310122
You mean surprise attacks? Or does your st have them constantly going off multiple times per combat?
>>
File: my.jpg (75KB, 922x1025px) Image search: [Google]
my.jpg
75KB, 922x1025px
>>55309913
>Recommend a MU*

They only end in misery. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's a couple out there now. Not sure what their status is. Fallen World Mux is a mage game. Shadows over Reno is some sort of mix of Hunter, Vampire and Werewolf. Sheltering Sky: Colorado by Night is new. I never knew what Eldritch was. Fallcoast is some kind of sandbox thing now. Somehow, and in spite of its playerbase, GarouMUSH still lives. RIP COFAB and Requiem for Kingsmouth.
>>
>Banishers aren't scary
>Left-Handed Mages aren't scary
>Seers aren't scary
>enemy Pentacle Mages aren't scary
What exactly would make you consider them scary, then?
>>
>>55310154
Don't bother that fag is just a tough guy, anything is scary with good delivery.
>>
>>55310137
attacks of opportunity from Dnd. Moving through enemy squares gives them the enemy a free attack
>>
File: 1492752781553.jpg (49KB, 930x585px) Image search: [Google]
1492752781553.jpg
49KB, 930x585px
>>55310122
Considering a three attacks are really all you'd ever possibly need to end 1v1 combat in any gameline, and if they function like an 'area of effect' like how they work in most D&D and equivalent games how I'm thinking, it's a ridiculous advantage to hand-to-hand combatants.
>>
>>55310123
I don't think that's necessary. If it starts to look necessary later on, you can introduce a way to benefit less frequent players like a flat weekly uptick in addition to normal XP, or an "off the bench" bonus which gives a character more XP if it's been longer or more sessions since they last appeared.
>>
>>55310204
Giving bonus actions in 2e does in fact completely undermine and break the entire system. You ST sounds like a fucking retard.
>>
>>55310358
What about Heavy Weapons?
Heavy Weapons Cofd 62
** Threat Range: Deal a point of lethal damage and a temporary Defense penalty to opponents who enter range when you aren't moving or Dodging.
>>
>>55310490
There are several forms of automatic range damage in 2e, none of which grant full additional attack rolls.
>>
>>55310490
That isn't the same as a full-on attack, and it comes with clear conditions.
>>
Which splats get along best together?
>>
>>55310811
Vampire and Werewolf now, surprisingly
>>
>>55310811
Beast and Mages. They're both teenage power fantasies
>>
>>55310811
Vampire x Moros
Sin-Easters x Moros
Thyrsus x Werewolves
Acanthus x Changelings x Demons
Mastigos x Prometheans
Beasts x themselves
>>
>>55310811
Beast and *
>>
>>55310845
Beast isn't really powerful in the long run, tho>>55310848
>>
>>55310811
vampires and vampires
werewolves and werewolves
mages and mages
mummies and mummies
changelings and changelings
prometheans and nobody
sin-eaters and sin-eaters
demons and demons
hunters and killing everything

don't cross over
>>
File: 1493617039412.jpg (47KB, 843x453px) Image search: [Google]
1493617039412.jpg
47KB, 843x453px
>>55310845
>>
>>55310848
>Acanthus x Changelings x Demons
Can a Demon take a cover that makes them look like a Changeling to other Changelings?
>>
File: 1437485748395.jpg (59KB, 809x808px) Image search: [Google]
1437485748395.jpg
59KB, 809x808px
>>55310848
>forever alone obrimos
>>
>>55310811
Vampire x Werewolf
High Wisdom Mage x Changeling
Purified x Vampire
>>
File: 1504610475184.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1504610475184.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>55310865
>Being able to lift and throw skyscrapers with minimal exp investment isn't strong
>>
>>55310877
Covers are always mundane non-Supernaturals.
If you steal a Supernatural's life, then the cover you get from them is their human self.

Which is an interesting plot-hook for a Vampire game, as it would seem that one shithead Vampire seemed to have found some way to purge his curse.

Or that useless, worthless basic bitch Mage who everyone thought couldn't fuck up any more, seems to have fucked up even WORSE and lost his Awakening. Which has scared the local Consilium shitless.
>>
>>55310896
Yeah, that's strong. On the level of a Boneyard abusing Sin-Eater.

Then you get to city wide destroying Mages, Mummies and Demons.
>>
>>55310848
>>55310879

>Obrimos Racial Purity Supremacy ???
>Only feel at home in the Mysterium???
>>
>>55310932
That's why Obrimos is the Daksha parent Path.
>>
I remember Dave saying he would choose Thyrsus over all other Paths.

I also bet he hates the Obrimos.
>>
Acanthus is the most boring Path.
>>
>>55310927
Boneyard sin eater is beyond overrated and only master mages can destroy cities and you need the appropriate arcana
>>
Dave hates the Prime Arcanum

Yep, this is the Truth.
>>
Reminder that it's impossible to bait Dave out of the Supernal
>>
>>55310985
>I also bet he hates the Obrimos.

Some insight into Dave's view of Obrimos from the Open Development spoilers

http://theonyxpath.com/drawn-to-the-flame/

The Obrimos are unusual in our Path refreshes; they’re the least-changed Path with the most-changed Arcana. We’ve used the opportunity of our two-fold Path schemes to promote non-religious Obrimos as valid characters, but despite or possibly because I’m a great big atheist I was very keen to maintain the Path of Might as the place for personal revelatory religious experiences, the feeling of communion with the godhead, and the theurgist magical style. Greek gives us our second title: Thaumaturgist, (“wonder-worker”,) reclaimed from vampires in the New World of Darkness (and, as some of you have noted, from Sleepwalkers with minor magical powers, who got called it in Second Sight. That’s okay, though – our Moros aren’t Promethean 2E’s new antagonists or one of the mummy Guilds, despite all being called “alchemists”.
So other than textual support for Obrimos who approach their magic with a scientist’s eye or a hermetic’s mechanistic view of angels rather than all being priests, the main change here is in the Arcana.
>>
>>55311034

http://theonyxpath.com/drawn-to-the-flame/

Forces is the Arcanum most altered by our design decision to remove “speedbumps” from the system – in first edition, some practices require higher dots than they should depending on which Force is being affected. We toyed with requiring extra Reach instead for a few days, but after some consideration decided to throw caution to the wind and peg all spells to the dot level of their Practice. That means that you can do things like Shield against gravity with two dots, to protect yourself from falling damage, when you couldn’t before.

Prime, on the other hand, was one of the two Arcana we were least pleased with as a standalone powerset (the other being Space) – to our minds, it didn’t do enough by itself. We’ve tweaked Prime’s purview: it’s now the Arcanum of magic, yantras, nimbus, mana, revelation, and truth. It doesn’t create phantasms any more, but instead creates Truths out of solidified mana. These are called Platonic Forms (when inanimate) and Eidolons (when animate) – the name “Tulpa” now soley refers to the Nimbus-emanations of the Mad. Prime’s revelations are a blunt instrument compared to Mind, especially on the unprepared – Prime spells will allow you to tear the veil off people’s eyes temporarily, but they won’t enjoy the experience.
>>
File: 1497179912197.jpg (593KB, 1201x950px) Image search: [Google]
1497179912197.jpg
593KB, 1201x950px
>>55311075
>>55311093
LIES. VERY GOOD LIES.

Dave hates the Obrimos and you know it to be True.
>>
File: The Komodo Exarch.png (447KB, 476x1142px) Image search: [Google]
The Komodo Exarch.png
447KB, 476x1142px
>>55311176
Supernal Truth is not for mortal eyes to witness fully.
While sleepers remain truly blind, the Awakened must glimpse but a flickering flame.
Their desperate attempts to seek the Truth will bring them to the knees of the Father, the Grand Komodo.

At his knees they will beg, plead, and grovel for the whispers that pass his lips.
And when he graces them with but a short utterance, they will weep, joyful at the grand blessing they have been granted.

For Obrimos are his children, and his slaves. Chained to him willingly, but dispassionately treated.
May his Kinetic Shield forever protect against the Leech, the Wuffle, and the Muggle.
May his Truth Purview forever provoke furious arguments about objective truth and memory manipulation.

As it now and always shall be.
Mage Supremacy.
>>
>>55311304
>May his Kinetic Shield forever protect against the Leech, the Wuffle, and the Muggle.

You got a kek out of me
>>
File: 1467078291586.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467078291586.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>55310811
Werewolves & certain mages
Vampires & certain mages
Hunters & certain mages
Changelings & certain mages
Demons & certain mages
>>
Awakening confuses me. Does one find a Path based on their individuality or a specific event corresponding to it?

Like, would it be appropriate for a homeless hippy living in the wilds Awakening as a Moros instead of a Thyrsus, assuming death and transition a part of it?
>>
>>55311459
You Awaken to a Path by coming to an understanding of its principles.

So a rigid, self-controlled man who runs his life like a business, might find Arcadia when his life collapses around him, his wife leaves him, and he's left with nothing. In that state of limitless future potential, he Awakens.

A hippie, high off of his face might also find Arcadia when he wanders off without a care in the world, leaving everything he has behind him to seek something new. Devoid of ties, he seeks his destiny, and finds it, he Awakens.
>>
>>55311304
>As it now and always shall be.
>Mage Supremacy.

Amen. PBUH.

May you forever be blessed and protected by unbalanced awesomeness of gravity control.
>>
>>55311024
Max aoe range for non archmages is campus size do no city destroying unless with a tornado or some shit
>>
>>55311527
Was going to bring this up. Until I realized that doesn't actually matter. Space can cheese distances. Living firestorms make campus sized radiuses meaningless, etc.
>>
>>55311527

I don't think you understand scale.

For instance, Forces master could conjure a campus sized firestorm, hurricane,. etc. which he can then control and move about leaving a swath of destruction.

The tornado, as you recognize, is not an exception, but the norm.
>>
>>55311628
That will take a ton of reach and he would have to be in a place where he can actually see the firestorm so that he can direct it with out burning his self to death. Beast can knock down skyscrapers in the mid game.
>>
>>55311862
Are you retarded or what?
>>
>>55311628
The norm for anybody with forces but otherwise yet shit out of luck
>>
File: eyeRoll.jpg (25KB, 454x418px) Image search: [Google]
eyeRoll.jpg
25KB, 454x418px
>>55311628
>master
>>
>>55311862
A Mage with Forces 5 Mind 5 can wreck havoc on the Boreal Forest of Canada, lol.
>>
>>55311916
You might not actually need five dots in any of those, assuming I'm thinking what you're suggesting.
>>
>>55311862
>Beast can knock down skyscrapers in the mid game.

>**cough** earthquakes **cough** gravity control **cough**
>>
>>55311916
How common is a Mage with forces 5 mind 5 dumbass?
>>55311882
Explain how I am retarded Mr. Shitposter. I'll wait.
>>
>>55311951

Forces 5 and Life 4 and a mage can turn themselves into firestorms, tornado or radiation monsters.
>>
>>55311628
It's not the norm to have Forces 5 and Gnosis 5, or for some reason to want to perform a massive, destructive Making spell that would by no means be a simple production.
>>
>>55311862
>That will take a ton of reach
Easily doable at Adept - Master
>and he would have to be in a place where he can actually see the firestorm so that he can direct it
So he follows it? Or adds Mind so it can do it on its own.
>with out burning his self to death
Burning a forces mage. LaughingObrimos.jpg
>Beast can knock down skyscrapers in the mid game.
Not that impressive. A Mage could sever the empire state building and let it float into outer space.
>>
>>55311976
Earthquake is fucking forces 5 and gravity control on a level that can wrek towns is probably high level as well. A beast can get strong as fuck very easily and quickly.
>>
Well, I bought VtM Bloodlines, and I'm really enjoying it. Just finished the Ocean House. I think I'm going to spec my Toreador in guns and brawling to basically become Neo with Celerity
>>
>>55311993
Oh. You're a baitposting idiot. Fuck, I'm a moron for not seeing it.
>>
Space/Correspondence can fucking stack places on top of each other.

Forces isn't the destruction Arcanum/Sphere.
>>
>>55312027
>I lost an online argument
>iwasonlypretendingtoberetarded.jpg
>MAGE SUPREMACY
>>
>>55312008
>Easily doable at Adept - Master
Not for a spell on your level. You only get free Reach for every dot level in an Arcanum you have that meets and then succeeds the spells requirement. So a Master doing an Unmaking or a Making spell spell gets 1 free Reach. For every Reach beyond that, you're adding your Gnosis to the Paradox pool. Which as a Master, is at least 5.
>>
>>55312082
The child has been set off.

:^)
>>
>>55312022
Did you install the unofficial patch?
>>
>>55312093
>What are Yantras
>>
>>55312093
It really depends. An Adept/Master is going to do it as a ritual. Using Yantras to mitigate backlash and taking his/her time. It's a simple matter, really, just not on a whim. Not unless your Gnosis is sky high or you happen to be an Archmage.
>>
>>55312112
Not free reach
>>
>>55312093
You seem to think that Mages are terrified of taking Paradox hits. This isn't Ascension.

There are also Yantras for this very situation.
>>
Why is this hypothetical mage attempting to wipe out a city?

I imagine other mages wouldn't be too keen on the idea since it would wreck any mysteries they're investigating and harm their allies and resources.

Besides, it's far too much overkill to do things like incinerate vampires or show off for the muggles.
>>
>>55312182
I don't seem to think anything of the sort. I was just pointing out the facts.
>>
>>55312243
Were you hoping for said facts to dissuade the hypothetical city-leveling firestorms?
>>
>>55312226
>Why is this hypothetical mage attempting to wipe out a city?
Because some guy on the internet wants to make a point.
>>
>>55312226
It's not a matter of 'why' but 'how'
>>
>>55312261
Not really. It's not like Mage is full of them or anything.
>>
>>55312105
I got it from GOG, so it came with 9.7.

I might do the "plus,"and some graphical modifications but I'm pretty happy so far
>>
>>55312226
>Why is this hypothetical mage attempting to wipe out a city?

It's the only surefire way to remove the vampire infestation.
>>
>>55312261
>Yantra
Jewish Gehenna
>>
File: Conflagration.jpg (304KB, 1200x876px) Image search: [Google]
Conflagration.jpg
304KB, 1200x876px
A creative Master can dish out more devastation than any other splat. I would think this to be obvious.

They won't do it, though. Not unless they -really- want to.
>>
>>55312324
Who the fuck cares about masters? This whole argument started because some dumbass said beasts were too weak to be mage pals but vamps, woofs, and fairies are. I said Beasts are objectively strong as fuck even at low exp and provided facts than a bunch of magebabies came out of the woodworks reeeing about Masters and unmaking firestorm and shit.
>>
>>55312432
Why are you defending Beast?

Don't tell me you actually play it
>>
>>55312432
>wah mages aren't powerful
they totally are Stop listening to the propaganda
>>
>>55312432
This is false. The firestorm would actually be Making.
>>
>>55312324
>Not unless they -really- want to.

If a city has a beast infestation, that seems reason enough.
>>
>>55312591
>he firestorm would actually be Making

Firestorms are possible at Forces 4.

However, Forces 5 firestorms are truly spectacular.
>>
>>55312463
I am not defending beast I am defending truth and fighting against misinformation
>>55312572
Fuck off I never said masters weren't strong.
>>
>>55312637
So you're just a self loathing Obrimos then
>>
>>55312591
Forces 5 creates long-lasting fire.
Forces 4 blasts people with instantaneously generated, single-purpose fire.

It's weird though, because you are still creating fire out of nothing.
Though when people complain I just generally say that you're Patterning ambient energies into fire.
>>
>>55312755
>Though when people complain I just generally say that you're Patterning ambient energies into fire.

That's exactly what it's doing.
>>
>>55312601
There's no way any sane ST is going to let you use Thunderbolt as precedent to use Patterning to make firestorms.
>>
File: 1505005641037[1].webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1505005641037[1].webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>55309795
I'm a newfag, what's MU*?

>>55303795
>>55307994
Thanks anons, I'll post again when I've got some progress.
>>
>>55312781
Transitioning one energy source into another? It's doable. You can turn yourself into a living twister of flame using Forces 4 / Life 4.

Five dots would be far more dramatic.
>>
>>55312803
How much of the setting are you going to layout/design before hand?
>>
>>55312803
It's a type of chat room with persistent assets and codeable functions.
>>
>>55312852
I've never seen those called anything but MUD/MUSH or other wise by their full abbreviations, MU* is just confusing. I'm familiar with them and still had no idea what you were talking about.
>>
>>55312852
Are there any good gui front ends that make setting up the world for MU* servers easier? Or do you have to do it all by hand on a CLI like interface?
>>
>>55312873
There are other abbreviations such as MUX, though I guess I've only ever seen MU* amongst people playing those games, now that you mention it.

>>55312899
I'm not sure but if you're dead set on creating one you can sometimes find pretty finished-out templates from the admins of currently operating games. Not always but sometimes.
>>
File: transform energy.png (50KB, 592x190px) Image search: [Google]
transform energy.png
50KB, 592x190px
>>55312806
Pic related, it's amazing what can be turned into a dangerous fire.
>>
File: CrystalCastles.jpg (67KB, 1765x975px) Image search: [Google]
CrystalCastles.jpg
67KB, 1765x975px
>>55312835
Quite a bit. Because the players will be sharing a lot of information I need to make sure it's consistent. I've set it two years in the future so I've got a bit of agency to tweak things and make it a bit more oppressive and sinister. More shadows for things to hide in.

I've got the political changes written down including changes to policing, health, and welfare (and the lack thereof leading to shantytown style areas like what happened in Martin Place in Sydney.) I've also selected the factions I'll be including around (Vamps, woofs, demons and a couple of mages who'll be at one of the local universities). I'm only familiar with vamps and hunters which means I'll be doing quite a bit of reading to get up to speed and that might lead to additions or removals of some factions.

>>55312852
Ah right. I thought it might have been related to MUDs but I'd never seen MU* before.
>>
>>55312781
>There's no way any sane ST is going to let you use Thunderbolt as precedent to use Patterning to make firestorms

Huh? Transform Energy is a standard Forces 4 spell.

Add a little duration and AOE, and viola, firestorm.

The only reason why a ST would prohibit it was because of "muh balance" or some other inane excuse. Don't forget that Mage 2e magic quite explicitly removed artificial Arcana and Practice limitations knowing full well the results.
>>
>>55312993

It always irked me that the chart was dreadfully incomplete, missing items like gravity and radiation.

Seriously, what self-respecting Obrimos Adept hasn't at least dabbled with turning gravity into fire?
>>
>>55313050
Maybe we'll see those in the FAQ or the next Mage book.
>>
>>55312637
>Fuck off
No defense of your argument uh?
Sounds like backpedaling
>>
I'm staring at a Promethean book and vaguely curious about their 'vampire' bloodline. In that Vampire tends to have some sort of half-arsed crossover bloodline with a discipline related to other splats. Either because they ate a lot from one of those splats or were one.

I'm thinking it'd be the result of an embraced former Promethean who somehow managed not to go mad when realising what he lost. Probably a form of disquiet as their bane, just really piss-weak. Beyond that, I'm not sure - wether it'd focus around finding and gnawing on other prometheans for their sweet, sweet vitriol or drawing on their redeemed boon. Thoughts?
>>
>>55313188
Zeka who arranged to be Embraced at the end of the Pilgrimage.

Rival Bloodline: started by Centimanus who devoured a vampire and accidentally became one.
>>
>>55313091
>Mage FAQ

Silly Anon, why do you believe in fairy tales?
>>
>>55312657
>So you're just a self loathing Obrimos then

There's nothing worse than Path traitors.

The Truth is that beasts are an abomination arguably worse than leeches.

No mage, no less an Obrimos, should suffer a beast to live.
>>
>>55310154
>>55310172
Maybe literally any of those things if you weren't also powerful as shit.
>>
>>55313301
>Path Traitors
I really hope the Timori end up as awesome in 2e as they were in 1e. They not only got the best printed Legacy but also the some of the best rotes, like redirecting spells.
>>
>>55313050
>turning gravity into fire

Simultaneously ignite your enemies and send them hurtling into space.

How can this effect not be explicitly described in the corebook?

This and the lack of a rote spell example for Kinetic Shield (and let's not even begin to discuss nuPrime) demonstrates an inexcusable anti-Obrimos bias.

>The Komodo fears the Path of the Mighty
>>
>>55313338
Yep, you're right. You're always perfectly matched against or just outright superior to all enemy Mages and the fact that the main difference between them and you is their lack of scruples and/or sanity makes no difference at all.

You fucking idiot.
>>
>>55313509
A fight between two wizards will never be scary, no matter how much you want it to be so.
>>
>>55313536
Why not?
>>
>>55313536
It's pretty scary for the two wizards. Magic is dangerous. Magic duels are usually short and vicious.
>>
>>55313552
Because the average mage anon is to autistic to get into the mind set of their character, someone who would have normal emotions.
>>
>>55313370
>The Komodo fears the Path of the Mighty

Shush! Such blasphemy will bring his wrath upon us and we might never see the Mage FAQ.
>>
>>55313576
>the average mage

What the heck is the "average mage?"
>>
>>55313640
You missed the anon part, I wasn't talking about PCs I was talking about players.
>>
>>55313640
The average Mage is a Disciple/Adept.
>>
>>55313252
I suppose the Requiem wouldn't be that bad to a Zeky. Probably retain their microwaves for healing properties, I guess, and since they are Zeky either something to do with radiation or pandoran fuckery for a ban. Maybe a discipline that brings back aspects of their promethean self in exchange for a slowly increasing tide of disquiet, so the discipline would be the ban.
>>
I finally got around to reading the Wizard of Earthsea lately. It's honestly a really good read for someone who plays Mage; if only for the focus on wisdom. And the prose is pretty decent.
>>
Mage is the most boring derivative power fantasy. I honestly don't get why people are attracted to it.
>>
Vampire is the most boring revenge power fantasy. I honestly don't get why people are attracted to it.
>>
>>55314170
>Vampire
>Power fantasy.
0/10 See me after class.
>>
Changling is the most boring snowflake power fantasy. I honestly don't get why people are attracted to it.
>>
Tabletop roleplaying is the most boring power fantasy. I honestly don't get why people are attracted to it.

LARPing is perfectly respectable though.
>>
Werewolf is the most boring petplay power fantasy. I honestly don't get why people are attracted to it.
>>
Your waifu is the most boring fantasy. I honestly don't get why people are attracted to her.
>>
File: dropdeadgorgeous.jpg (17KB, 261x253px) Image search: [Google]
dropdeadgorgeous.jpg
17KB, 261x253px
>>55314362
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH
>>
>>55312993
>>55313050
>>55313370
Remember that Forces trick in Ascension against Vamps with Celerity or other Mages speedboosting with Time, where you fuck with friction to turn all their forward acceleration into heat and make them explode
>>
>>55314455
In MtAw 2e, that's a canon spell, and damage is capped at Potency.
>>
>>55313640
has a hundred exp
>>
>>55314481
I think 100 exp isn't that far fetched for your average NPC mage who is *good* at their job and dabbles. The WoD creation system is basically built to make hyperspecialised characters.
>>
>>55314481
>>55314510
100 XP is a lot in 2e, I think that'd be a second-degree master and then some, and also someone the players wouldn't catch up with until the endgame if at all.
>>
>>55314823
You could be a second degree master with 26/31xp if you started right.
>>
>>55314848
Don't forget you need Gnosis 6 to raise a second Arcanum to 5.
>>
>>55314868
>31xp.
>>
>>55314848
How? By my calculations:
Start Gnosis 3, +3 Gnosis = 15 Experiences
Start Ruling Arcanum at 3, +2 Arcanum = 8 Experiences
Start Ruling Arcanum at 2, +3 Arcanum = 12 Experiences
Learn Legacy, doubling-down on a Ruling Arcanum = 1 Experience
+3 advances in a doubled-down Ruling Arcanum = +3 Experiences

That makes it a total of 33 Experiences, given the Legacy discount.
>>
>>5530971

So! Making a tremere for a buddy of mines chronicle set in Chicago. Some stuff i wanted to ask as a first time player;

1) Whats the cost/roll for Thaumaturgy in V20? Been reading the book but i havent found any.

2) Under what circumstances would a Tremere be allowed a Domain outside the Chantry?

3) What are somethings that I can do with my two dots of Resources?

Could really use the help with this.
>>
>>55315189
>namefag

EWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>55315251
I just want some answers to questions. After which the name will be lost to the sands of time.
>>
>>55315268
Anons get answers. Namefags get Nikes. Pic related.
>>
>>55315288
Answer the damn question. it'd be a nice change of pace from the usual magefaggotry.

I'd answer but I only play Hunter and Changeling.
>>
you guys are so fucking mean lol
>>
>>55315358
But it's a Vampire related question. So naturally I don't give a shit.
>>
So, how 'bout that Mysterium?

Do you think they have some athenaea with "zoos" containing cryptids or even other template supernaturals?
>>
>>55315381
Yes. Werewolf petting zoos. Keep your palms flat and you may even get to feed some of them corn flakes.
>>
>>55315378
So why bother answering if you don't give a fuck? why not ignore it like every other non-Mage related post then?

>>55315381
case. in. point.
>>
File: Menageries.png (92KB, 380x767px) Image search: [Google]
Menageries.png
92KB, 380x767px
>>55315381
Yeah, they're described in the 1e Mysterium book.
>>
>>55315428
Oh my god you're not joking. This is fucking amazing.
>>
File: magefrog.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
magefrog.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>>55315417
Shut up vampfag. we are superior to you in every conceivable way.
>>
>>55315428
>>55315381

The Mysterium no longer have zoos.

Today, it's far, far worse. They have"ecological research centers."

You do NOT want to ask what the Mysterium is willing to do in the name of advancing supernal science.
>>
>>55315428

This Libertine "treat the sleeper monkeys and cryptids with delusion of grandeur like real people" bleeding-heart crap is starting to get on my nerves.

How are we supposed to advance magic without laboratory animals?
>>
>>55315428

The Order books, except Free Council, were really fantastic.

I would love to see a Free Council 2e book to give the most revised Order the attention it deserves.
>>
Since /wodg/ is always, ALWAYS FUCKING LITERALLY ALWAYS ALL THE TIME wrong, does this mean that Mage is not only the best gameline, but the scariest?
>>
>>55311024
>only master mages can destroy cities and you need the appropriate arcana
High Renown Werewolves can do it too with the Cataclysm Facet.
>>
> Down to 24 posters

These threads will be dead in a month short of a miracle.
>>
>>55316143
At least we know how many Magefags there are
>>
>>55310985
I'm a bit surprised because Thrysuses are kinda boring IMO.
>>
How do you make hunting interesting in VTR 2E? They give some interesting mechanics in corebook with dice rolling, roleplaying and stuff but isn't it kinda sucks if anyone have 1-2 dots in Dominate, Majesty and Obfuscate? Especially Dominate. It becomes "roll a dice" thing.
>>
>>55316294
Fuck you. Thyrsus is the comfy Path.
>>
>>55316153
It's kinda sad. I remember when these threads had 80-100 posters each time. Back when we actually talked about stuff. Now it's just shitposting.
>>
File: qt thyrsus.jpg (50KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.jpg
50KB, 680x660px
>>
>>55312803
Sauce?
>>
>>55316348
Everything changed when the Magefags attacked
>>
>>55316338
They are just shamans with a weak symbolism and the least cool awakenings.
Even Obrimos are generally cooler and more iconic, and the three others have real styles.
>>
>>55316367
I like Mage though.
>>
>>55316396
....iconic? Really? The basic concept of witches and druids isn't iconic? Goddamn, you're a child, aren't you!
>>
>>55311494
Why some people awaken as Banishers or even Mads then?
>>
>>55316367
This >>55316406 is not me >>55316348

Mage killed the general, no way to argue it.
>>
>>55316467
Yes, even the OPP forums occasionally acknowledges how terrible it is over here.

I'd still rather post here than there, though.
>>
>>55316430
Yeah but in Awakening they are just really basic witches and druides and a lot blander than Acanthus, Moros and Mastigos.
A lot of what is cool about witches is Acanthus anyway and Spririts and Shadow are a lot blander than the WoD Underworld or Goetia.
Both the Moros and Acanthus got a lot from the WoD stylization of fae and ghost folklore and even the Astral is more interresting than the Shadow.
Mastigos are a bit edgy but they have a good style too, Silent Hills and Jacob's Ladder are basically Mastigos awakenings.
>>
>>55316467
But Mage is good nonetheless, no way to argue it.
>>
>>55316517
You sound like a fag
>>
>>55316338
>Thyrsus is the comfy Path

What, like a supernal "safe space?"

Meh, I'll take a "triggering" Obrimos or Mastigos.
>>
>>55311996
The resulting abyssal intrusions would be horrifying and probably require massive mobilization by the Orders to cope with.
>>
>>55316535
How so?
>>
>>55316143
>Down to 24 posters

Saturday night / Sunday Morninging the USA is one of the quietest times.

We regularly have around 60-70 posters during the week, and much more after the rare new release.

/wodg/ is quiet because WW's release schedule is VERY slow, and the recent games and supplements like Beast, Secrets of the Covenants and A Thousand Years of Night were crap.
>>
>>55316549
Seems like a good plot hook. "A fucking Seer bigshot popped off in Cuba and now we have to portal down to Florida and tamp things down so hard that it just looks like a string of powerful hurricanes."
>>
>>55316549
Who cares?
>>
>>55316565

Silly Anon, everyone knows the hurricanes are the result of werewolves screwing up a battle with an idigam. Valiant mages are just now trying to redirect the storms without also causing an Abyssal incursion.
>>
>>55316517
Witches, druids, shamans are boring as you make them.
>>
Reminder that most Mages just don't give a shit and will gladly take a hit of Paradox to level half a city 'just because'
>>
>>55316609
How can you make a Thrysus as cool as a Moros, Mastigos or Acanthus then?
>>
>>55316609
>Witches, druids, shamans are boring as you make them.

>Verbena flashback<
>>
>>55316467
Yeah but there's no real discussion here. Hell, I'd take the namefags over this. At least they were fun to mock.

>>55316522
I wasn't really arguing much about the game itself. It conceptually doesn't appeal to me so I really don't care about it. I'm complaining its shitposting fans killed a nice healthy general.
>>
>>55316622
>will gladly take a hit of Paradox to level half a city 'just because'

And yet, cities don't seem to be exploding with regularity in the CofD setting.

>Obviously keep on resetting everything
>>
>>55316622
Most humans prefer go to jail if they want shoot few hundred people just because.

So 90% of mages didnt fight at all, they see their trip, abandon family, live somwhere comfy learning stuff. People just play least boring ones.
>>
2e Paradox is a fucking oke
But it's also on your ass a lot more now, humping your leg like a dog in heat. Constantly.

Is it wrong that I prefer it this way?
Paradox in Ascension was too harsh.
>>
>>55316678
How do you feel about the changes to Disbelief?
>>
mage > werewolf > changeling > vampire > beast > promethean > hunter > demon > geist > mummy
>>
>>55316686
>Disbelief?

Do you mean the Quiescence generally or just Dissonance?
>>
>>55316706
All Sleeper observer effect mechanics across Ascension and Awakening.
>>
>>55316632
Spiritsnshit. Its more flavorish then say trippy mastigos space bending.
>>
>>55316632
>How can you make a Thrysus as cool as a Moros, Mastigos or Acanthus then?

>Nobody is as cool as the Path of the Mighty

>Aether Envy
>>
>>55316678
It's actually not that much of a joke, it just doesn't punish players for simply casting magic anymore.
>>
>>55316771
Might makes right.
>>
>>55316632
I always thought that Thyrsus were pretty cool. Being able to shapeshift and make fetishes seems neat, not to mention the animalistic aspects of them. Feral Mien was a Thyrsus Merit from 1e that helps you with seduction and intimidation rolls.
>>
>>55316800
>Might makes right.

Ain't that the Truth!
>>
>>55316813
Island witch that transforms into octopus.
>>
>>55316678

Paradox isn't nearly as dangerous as accidentally attracting the attention of the Abyss. NOTHING copes with abyssal intrusions well.
>>
>>55316727
>>55316632
Fearless combatant because healing is easy. Animal spies for investigation and distractions. Partial shapeshifting for useful tricks like bioluminescence, poison, and being Spider-Man. Physical curses. Emotional manipulation. Doppelganger capability. Weird augmented pets, like cats with tentacles. Summon swarms of vermin. Know at a glance that somebody has AIDS. Magically cure AIDS. Magically cause AIDS. Create new AIDS Legacy.
>>
>>55316869

AIDS Supremacy ?!?!
>>
>>55316884
Legacy that spreads custom std. Legacy members draw power from people infected with it.
>>
>>55316884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhxy69a9-mo
>>
>>55316522
The game shouldn't be blamed for being used as bait.
>>
>>55316638
If anything has killed the general, it's the lack of decent content to discuss.
>>
>>55317013
No amount of writing can fix a broken base
>>
>>55316325
Yeah, you people aren't able to talk about anything but Mage at this point.
Truly the Mage Supremacy.
>>
>>55317221
The writer change killed all Changeling discussion, as we're not completely sure what's still in.

Mage delays in SoS have caused all discussion of Mage to stagnate and fall into the rut of system exploits.

The shittiness of Beast mean we aren't really interested in discussing much of it.

And Deviant has hardly even started development.

So basically, we've been starved for content for a long time now.
>>
File: Obrimos Nimbus.png (895KB, 1250x904px) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos Nimbus.png
895KB, 1250x904px
>>55316771
I've always seen the Obrimos (and how they see themselves) to be similar to the Guardians from the Destiny games. The Guardians are blessed by the inner Light of a magical artifact and they use it to fight the forces of darkness to protect humanity and its future. Some focus on physical combat and others study deeper mysteries of magic to aid them in the struggle, but all of them are a part of the conflict between Light and Darkness.

And no matter what you think about the games, Guardians have style. Now transfer what was said to the Obrimos. The artifact is the Watchtower of the Golden Key, Light is Supernal magic, darkness are the various creatures/beings/splats feeding off of and opressing humanity. Obrimos are far more powerful than Guardians. And they *definitely* have a style.

And the other Paths just don't understand. Acanthus see them as too forceful (and as a result fail Forces forever), Mastigos don't want to be told what to do, but don't have anything to believe in and orient their lives around, Thyrsus see humans as not much more than another part of a cycle of life and do not fully understand the benefits of an enlightened civilization and Moros... really? You could perfect your Soul and you screw around with skeletons dug out of the mud? And with ghosts, afterimages with no real potential? Give me a break!

The Obrimos are agents of enlightenment, of change for the better. A Hieromagus will be an Obrimos, there is simply no other way. And the other Paths better deal with it.
>>
>>55317459
The Hieromagus will be a Moros. If there is a hierarchy of souls, at the top must be one who guides souls.
>>
>>55317562
>Moros
>having any real ideals
>knowing where to guide souls and why

Moros are too stuck in their dirt to rise up to the challenge to become a true Hieromagus. You might convince me about other Paths (and feel free to do so, it can inspire discussion), but Moros? They are the least likely ones. They see world of shells and shades, empty of power.

You will sooner get a washing machine to become a Hieromagus, than a Moros.
>>
>>55317832
The Hieromagus has a destiny in worlds to come, of course he is dissatisfied with this one. Death is the Arcanum of salvation. Death will kill the Lie, Death will sweep aside the false underworld and reveal the real afterlife, and Death will rust away the gates of heaven. The Hieromagus brings no Earthly utopia, for such a thing can't be built in the Fallen World.
>>
>>55317832
Moros are the alchemists, they have good ideals to perfect the world and themselves.
I do think they are somewhat less likely to become the Hieromagus but just because they are the most likely to just accept loss and to not try to change things.
Otherwise I think all Paths could bring a Hieromagus.
Except Obrimos because it would be too obvious and on the nose.
>>
>>55317928
So, you are saying that Death is quite a... power, isn't it?

Well, it's a perfect excuse for an Obrimos to develop a special Hieromagus Death Legacy and be Inferior in no magic forevermore.

The same goes for other Paths, really. I get a distinct feeling that a Hieromage should probably not have any Inferior Arcanum. The Perfect Master just shouldn't be inferior in anything.
>>
Suppose a famous stage magician is also an awakened mage.

Would some types of vulgar magic count as coincidental for him?
>>
>>55315721
Don't forget least annoying, most interesting, and least autistic!

Although I haven't found a single example of this being the case in the real world, the logic works out. There has to be at least one Mage that this applies to.
#NotAllMages
>>
>>55318558
In Ascension yes, but you need to be a realistic stage magician.
In Awakening it's not relevant.
>>
>>55318558
That show probably be disturbing and strange for the audience even if it will be something harmless.
>>
>>55316522
Mage itself is fine. Really it's the game's players that are the real problem.
#YesAllMages
>>
What the X and Y splat for each game line? Trying to convert WoD stuff to another system and need a:
:
Strong,
Nimble,
Wise,
Determined,
Lordly
and Charming splats
>>
File: wut.jpg (591KB, 680x1054px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
591KB, 680x1054px
>a Vampire gets to, for whatever reason, watch a single Consilium meeting
>somehow survives and returns to its compatriots

What does it tell them and what degree of fear and disbelief will it exude while doing so?
>>
>>55318656
Mage:
Strong Thrysus
Wise Moros
Determined Mastigos
Lordly Obrimos
Charming Acanthus
>>
>>55318947
Mage:
Strong - Thyrsus
Wise - Moros
Determined - Obrimos
Lordly - Mastigos
Charming - Acanthus
>>
File: 1428181198370.jpg (111KB, 681x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1428181198370.jpg
111KB, 681x1000px
I actually like some of Beasts ideas and mechanics. My group just changed some shit around like for one thing your horror is more like a stand and that it is always with you but invisible to normal people until your lair gets to 6 or higher than anybody will see it manifest during your atavisms. I also changed the beast/hero dynamic to be on a case by case situation. Some heroes and beasts are benevolent some are assholes. Also we made it so there is non-violent means of resolving conflict between the 2.
>>
>>55319010
>Only way to play Beast
>Break everything about Beast
>>
>>55318656
Werewolf:
Strong rahu
Nimble Irraka
Wise Ithaeur
Loud Cahalith
Lordly Elodoth
>>
>>55319034
Nice shitpost care to explain?
>>
>>55319064
Nice Bait care to be animu?
>>
>>55317056
People could still storytime their own games or do something else constructive.
>>
>>55319119
>storytime their own games
Any hot Mage on Vampire action?

Involving burning and purging the vermin, of course, what else would you do with a Vampire?
>>
>>55318633

What if they were someone like David Copperfield, who did stuff like make the statue of liberty disappear?
>>
>>55319119
Things haven't been all bad recently. Characters have been pitched, some guy is storytiming a game he's in, and another guy is talking about the books as he reads them. This kind of stuff just happens to threads that don't have much material to discuss. I'm sure once all the new books start dropping things will pick back up again.
>>
>>55319194
Why would you want to be part of the problem?
>>
>>55319302
Vampires are a plague on humanity with zero redeeming features. Literally parasites that feed on mankind. At least Beasts teach important lessons about fear of the unknown and not to take life for granted.
>>
>>55319286

9 out of 10 posts in the thread are just shitposting. In a thread with 254 posts, there's only 32 posters. It's just the same guys making the same trite done to death jokes, the few trying to add decent content get 1-4 serious replies at best.

What's the next book due out? Changeling 2e? I'd be willing to bet that its release won't suddenly reinvigorate these threads with discussion.
>>
>>55319302
Don't reply to it. It'll make it think its joke was witty or original.
>>
>>55319358
Yep. Totally right. These threads are just a lost cause. You should just do the sane thing and leave.
>>
How many of you are actually playing games?
>>
>>55318941
Squeek!
>>
>>55319507
I'm trying to find one.
>>
>>55319507
I never played one. I am parasite of this thread.
>>
>>55319507
Just finished up a Hunter campaign of one and a half years a few weeks ago. Group is currently debating on what to play next.
>>
>>55319344
>At least Beasts teach important lessons about fear of the unknown and not to take life for granted.

They "teach" primordial fears no longer relevant to mankind's continued well-being. Their existence serves no useful purpose. Raptor is no doubt pleased with them. They are a part of the problem, together with leeches.
>>
>>55319586
What are you guys leaning towards?
>>
>>55319613
We're debating between a bunch of different systems. We've done a lot of D&D in the past so that's probably out of the running.

One buddy of mine is pitching an idea for a cross-splat game (with some heavy restrictions), I'm trying to talk him out of it.

The other contenders are something sci-fi or just doing random one-shots of various systems until something catches our eye.
>>
Do werewolves usually have a reason to hunt beyond "we gotta"? Like what would prompt a pack to go on a hunt?
>>
>>55319717
Spirits going wild, leech infestation on their turf, the pure trying to start shit, host infestation
>>
So I'm debating running a WoD game, but I'm not a huge fan of the way some merits (mainly social merits) are gained.

I'm honestly not that big on hard and fast rules for stuff like social interaction (which I feel is better run with a mixture of improvisation, roleplay and mechanics), and so stuff like buying merits in being allies with a group or, somehow, ranks in the army doesn't sound all that great to me.

Would you guys consider it an alright use of Rule 0 to instead have a lot of those social merits (not all of them, mainly the ones involving organisations and stuff) be gained through roleplay and actions rather than bought using experience? Or am I being too nitpicky?
>>
>>55319773
Of course not as a story teller it is your duty to change the rules in any way you want. In my mage game we don't have obssessions because that whole mechanic is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>55319773
I mean, I'm sure I wouldn't complain if my ST wasn't making me pay for some merits.
>>
>>55319838
>>55319869

Cheers for the feedback lads. Never played Mage so not too clear on the rules, but 'obsessions' for player characters (if that's who they effect) also sounds like something I'd disagree with.

And I'd try and avoid 'free' as they'd need to be earned in some way through roleplay, but I just figured that made more sense than somebody spending experience and suddenly being a police detective or having the Freemasons at their beck and call
>>
>>55319907
Well in my experience, how it usually goes is that players either have connections as part of their backstory (and should therefore buy them with the starting Merit points) or make these connections in play. But without the relevant Merit, these connections can't be used to really affect play, or be tapped for favors and such. If somebody wants to just buy such a Merit that they obviously have no basis for, obviously you say no.

I mean the whole thing is that Experiences come from having experiences, and then you spend those experiences to reflect and direct the growth of your character. But like I said, I doubt anyone will complain. One last tip, if you're going to run Mage, I would ban spending the beginning Merit points on Gnosis. And what's wrong with Obsessions?
>>
What Arcana has good Synergy with Obrimos Prime/Forces?
>>
>>55319344
>Beasts are a plague on humanity with zero redeeming features. Literally parasites that feed on mankind. At least the Catholic Vampires teach important lessons about fear of the unknown and not to take life for granted.
Fixed that for you
>>
>>55320163
The Shitposting Arcana
>>
>>55320163
That's really a big question. Go with Matter and you can have sway over all kinds of machines and electronics, Life and you can be a tank dishing out telekinetic strikes. Prime let's you defend against anything wholly supernatural, so that would compliment anything dealing with ephemeral entities. Time, Space and Fate are just very useful to have in general.
>>
>>55320163
Death. Simply because nobody would see that coming.
>>
>>55320365
This. Seers think they can send ghosts at you because your a Obreimos and bam! Control ghosts.
>>
In your game, why some people awaken as Banishers?
Is that their fault?
>>
>>55320867
In my game banishers are those that choose the blue pill but morpheus says fuck that and forces them to take the red pill
>>
Would Stranger Things be a good basis for a game set in the world of Darkness?

Granted, the two most likely contenders for the role of Upsde DOwn are the Shadow and The Abyss, but you could probably work the Demogorgon into Hunter as a miscellaneous Dread Power.
>>
>>55321579
Stranger Things would probably get ranked in the suggested media the books have. The Upside Down would definitely be the Shadow.

If I were to ever ST a game (which I probably won't) I would almost definitely make it set in the 1960's or the 70's. I just like something about that period.
>>
>>55321579
You could litteraly play Stranger Things as a Sleepers campaign with Eleven as a psychic.
Upside Down sounds more like a Lower Depth to me.
>>
>>55321727
>Upside Down sounds more like a Lower Depth to me.
How so? It seems more like the Shadow to me. A twisted version of reality filled with predatory things, layered closely with the mundane world.
>>
>>55321768
Plus if the Season two trailers are anything to go by it's pretty easy to get from one to the other...and going there doesn't result into you being messily stripmined of some part of yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bTVR6x4h_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4
>>
>>55321837
It really seems to me that the Upside Down is like the Shadow crossed with the Abyss.
>>
What would happen if a werewolf was shot in the head with a regular bullet while they were in human or Dalu form? Would they die, or would they just heal?
>>
>>55321768
A Shadow without sprits?
>>
>>55322188
Demogorgon ate all the spirits
>>
>>55320867
They come from people who are unable to accept their Awakening, but gone sufficiently deep to be unable to turn back to normal life anymore.
>>
>>55315076
Arcana max at creation with 3 gnosis is 4/3. So start with 3 in each ruling, since the section on Arcana would assume you don't start with higher gnosis as it's presented as optional. Then 16 for arcana and 15 for gnosis.
>>
>>55321920
Maybe an Abbysal Verge / Emanation of Spirit?
>>
>>55320867
Artificial awakenings because people forcing them are casting the imperial spell wrong, unlike the watchtowers who aren't retarded. Regular banishers because they can't quite accept being given a set of keys to the universe and think it's unfair for anyone.

You know, cucks.
>>
>>55322307
>spending merit points on gnosis
Gross. And where does it say in 2e that the Arcana limit at character creation comes from your Gnosis derived limit? It explicitly lays out the ways you can spend your points with no mention to Gnosis. There's nothing about going 3/3 from character creation anywhere.
>>
Forsaken 2e makes a lot of mention to killing perpetrators of "social injustice" and such.
>>
>>55322537
It doesn't. It just says 'only one at 3', which conforms to the gnosis limitations of a 1 gnosis character.

If you don't like that interpretation, then bolt on the extra 2 xp from before and play on.
>>
>>55322576
>Forsaken 2e makes a lot of mention to killing perpetrators of "social injustice" and such.

If you want to play the "privileged," there's an entire gameline devoted to them. You might of heard it mentioned here a few times. It's called Mage.

A social justice woof (which just seems odd) stands little chance against the narcissistic supremacy of the local wizards.
>>
>>55322838
Apparently there can be Ghost Wolves who make a point of hunting the "wealthy and privileged who escape justice" because they see the "social injustice inherent in society".
>>
>>55323264
That's also the single most direct mention of social injustice in the entire book, so there you go.
>>
>>55323293
That's the most direct one, but the lines about killing "suits" pushing "urban renewal" and "wicked mayors", and "corrupt politicians" and "unscrupulous lawyers" who condemn "minority-inhabited neighborhoods" all ring with the same obnoxious vibe to me. And this is all stuff I've seen not even a fourth of the way into the book. It wouldn't surprise me if there's more.
>>
Actually now that I think about it, the whole book kind of hits me with this subtle obnoxiousness, like it buys into itself too much.
>>
>>55323401
>>55323487
Oh fuck off white boi
>>
>>55322309
What about that actually?
>>
>>55322089
How much damage did the bullet do?
>>
>>55323769
Say it was a killing blow. Can they come back from even that?
>>
Do you guys feel like the system tries to give hard and fast rules for too many things?

Like somebody surrendering in combat, or social maneuvering. It just feels like the sort of thing roleplay can handle.

Obviously you can Fiat them out, but it seems a tad unnecessary for a fairly rules-light game
>>
>>55323782
No because can't regen from death.
>>
>>55323401
You're going to find that sort of thing in some form or another in every Onyx Path book.
>>
>>55325192
Maybe we are just out of touch?
>>
>>55325264
>>
>>55323887
>No because can't regen from death.

Meh,"death" is not as permanent as it seems, it's more like a continuum. Just ask your friendly neighborhood Moros, and he'll be happy to explain (for hours and hours).
>>
>>55323401
>killing "suits" pushing "urban renewal" and "wicked mayors", and "corrupt politicians" and "unscrupulous lawyers" who condemn "minority-inhabited neighborhoods"

Good luck to that woof when he realizes the "suits" he thinks are easy human prey are really Seers of the Throne of Silver Ladder mages.
>>
>>55325324
This sort of thing is why I prefer to keep Mage out of other gamelines.
>>
>>55325950

I disagree. It's precisely the types of thing to keep players on their toes and games interesting.

Killing a fat human mayor is not really a true challenge for a woof pack, and is little more killing an orc. However, when that pudgy corrupt bastard political turns out to be an Obrimos or Thyrsus adept, and the supposed quick and easy kill can suddenly fight back with a vengeance, it's time to see if the pack are wolves or poodles with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>55321920
Maybe the Shadow in an area dominated by a powerful idigam?
>>
>>55326066
I would usually agree, but where there is one Mage there are going to be more, and some of those Mages can probably trap you in a pocket dimension or attack you in the past.
>>
>>55326608

Yes, mages are indeed bastards and tend to come in groups.

However, my original point wasn't so much use mages as adversaries, rather it was to make the target of the SJW woof to be far more than meets the eye. A vampire, human claimed by a spirit of industry or greed, changeling, or anything more than a plain vanilla human will do. The ST need only ensure the target is real challenge for the pack, and certainly not the easily kill they might have been expecting.
>>
File: magicka.jpg (348KB, 1800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
magicka.jpg
348KB, 1800x1100px
>>55316355
>Sauce?

For the webm?

It's a trailer made for Magicka 2.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDj6bjvDiY0

Honestly, the Magicka devs make pretty entertaining trailers all around.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgcEZ8jz_Hc

...Also, that second trailer is pretty accurate for how my mage games tend to go: Everybody ends up trying to betray, decieve and/or kill each other.
>>
>>55326904
>Everybody ends up trying to betray, deceive and/or kill each other.

So, your group plays Seers?
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.