[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having a real big brain far right now. My buddies want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1500750590697.jpg (40KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500750590697.jpg
40KB, 422x600px
I'm having a real big brain far right now. My buddies want me to write up a campaign and we are supposed to play our first session tonight. For some reason I can't really think of anything to write, I have a vague idea of what the campaign is gonna be about. My first session involves players seeing a person get stabbed in the streets by a cult member and eventually go to a house outside of the city that's home to some cult dudes, players find out they're necromancers praying to some strange god.

I'm not feeling it.

It seems so generic to me, for some reason my creative juices aren't really flowing right now.

Does anybody have any ideas for me to make the first session exciting? Or even ideas of a campaign story that's not so generic?
>>
What level/system are we talking? What kind of games do your players like (intregue, dungeon crawls, etc)? Do you have any backstories from them yet?
>>
Do a really crazy setting, that usually gets me thinking.

How about a frozen world. A three hundred years ago, it used to be full of life, but something angered the gods, and now people struggle to survive. Also, all the elves disappeared. Are they connected? Probably.

The party could start hunting a large animal for their village's food, and defending the kill from wolves/bandits/cultists of the Frozen King. During one of those encounters, one of the baddies drops a green leaf. Then the party will look for where the leaf came from, probably after a tearful goodbye to their families/friends in the village.

Should be enough for a first session.
>>
>>55306318
5e lvl 2. Idk, my players like exciting campaigns lmao with a cool story. I don't use any dnd lore so done mention places or factions or whatever in the dnd world, I just use the system. So far the theme is a GoT type. Kingdoms are gonna go into eventual civil war, viking raids are gonna be a big part, and there's gonna be a Hun like horde coming from the east that will eventually invade the land. I want some impending doom type situation to happen as well. Don't really have an antagonist or don't really know how to get the players involved or make them feel important in a setting like that.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.