[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever began a session "In Media Res"? How was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Have you ever began a session "In Media Res"? How was it? What are some good hooks?
>>
>>55298631
Not without a fiasco-like session 0 to set up random relationships and plot hooks.

I am thinking about a true cop start next time, but I would be required to tell a player an aspect of their background they should know themselves already.
>>
File: mr chicken.gif (500KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
mr chicken.gif
500KB, 500x213px
>>55298631
Hard to do, just by the very nature of RP.

Starting in the middle usually involves either cutting to the beginning or making assumptions on what a character would do in a situation that by and large should be played out by the player.

Cutting to the beginning after presenting them with a scenario does encourage a certain amount of meta gaming, as they will often actively attempt to avoid that fate or prepare for it. Unless you have a player who enjoys helping the group stay on path it is an effort in futility.

Making assumptions is a more vile offense in the players' eyes as you are literally taking control away from their character, and unless you know your players really well

That being said. I have started a campaign like this as a way to group up the party. Run a solo session with each player and then at the beginning of the first real session they find themselves in the same predicament and break the ice by telling each other their side of the story Reservoir Dogs style. Let them lie, let them be boisterous, and let them really personify their characters. It's an interesting spin on the whole you all meet in a tavern/prison/crypt/police precinct/customs office

tl;dr it's hard to do and really depends on your players and how well you execute it. I feel it's better done at the beginning of the campaign
>>
>>55298631
> You wake up in an inn
> You were awoken by a crashing sound
> The building next door is demolished by an anchor dropped through it
> You look up, and a fleet of airships fills the sky, dropping anchors and dispensing troops into the city from hang gliders and down the anchor chains
> What do you do?

Worked well, but the campaign didn't last long.
>>
>>55298631
I got one of these off /tg/, actually.

"You all find yourselves in a tavern. It will be hitting the ground in three rounds."
>>
We all woke up with amnesia. Was fine, the group dissolved after 3 sessions.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.