[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a new mtg cartoon is made, It have to be a commedy/adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

If a new mtg cartoon is made, It have to be a commedy/adventure show with really simple shapes
You gotta start and build the Gatewatch, so you have your main characters going on goofy adventures that from time to time can get slightly serious
How would be the way to make it?
the more like TTG or funny pandering is the better.
>>
>>55295090
>>
>>55295090
I would make it an action show with plot. We need more action cartoons instead of random comedy.

The cartoon should have some goofy adventure but it shouldn't always be a goofy adventure.

Also have Mark Hamil voice NIcol Bolas
>>
>>55295090
I want the Weatherlight saga done in the style of a 90s low-budget live-action fantasy adventure show.
It just seems right.
>>
>>55295104
>that Ajani
>THAT STEVEN
>>
File: 453.gif (439KB, 400x292px) Image search: [Google]
453.gif
439KB, 400x292px
>>55295090

It has to be like Buff, but with the Gatewatch instead.

Chandara = Buffy
>>
File: DonaldUltimateBoner.jpg (26KB, 552x437px) Image search: [Google]
DonaldUltimateBoner.jpg
26KB, 552x437px
>>55298149

>Also have Mark Hamil voice NIcol Bolas
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 443x332px
>>55295090
>>55295090
> Copy yugioh and do what they did. Make the actual card game exist within the show treated it like it some genuine magical ritual. Crimp as much as you can from from avatar the last air bender while you'll at it. The element stuff obviously but also the tone and emphasis on story continuity.

Five ethnically diverse kids each representing different mana colours (try to avoid the obvious) explore an old run down magic shop, find some old dusty cards in a box and accidentally release an evil planes walker.

Portals open across town spreading destruction releasing monsters. The kids enter must into a world of magic friendship and adventure and find the legendary black locus.

>Is the more like TTG or funny pandering is the better.
>We need more action cartoons instead of random comedy.

You should parody it *by* taking it seriously. The setting and action pieces are taken dead seriously. The humour should come from the characters interactions and the sheer absurdity of the premise. Kids will watch it for the power fantasy. Actual Magic players will get the joke.

Made say that hot vampire lady the head villain, and make sure she comes across as a powerful, intelligent and appropriately inappropriately dressed. Whenever the heroes defeat a monster She turns up in cosset to thank them for helping her with her secret plans. Horny teens and tumblr will eat that up.
>>
>>55295090
As much as people hate anime on this board, if Japan doesn't do it, it won't be worth watching.

At least people DIE in anime and all the feels are not all-good-fefes-no-bad-fefes.
>>
File: 397cov10.jpg (160KB, 620x445px) Image search: [Google]
397cov10.jpg
160KB, 620x445px
>>55298149
what kind of voice will Mark Hamil be doing?
I doubt you want Bolas to sound like joker.

>>55299099
That may be cheap to make
>>55299557
>pic
>>
>>55295090
>one episode Nicol Bolas spark/mindswap everybodies mind just for fun.
So everybody is wacky and out of character because they are not in their bodies.
>>
File: OG bolas.png (483KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
OG bolas.png
483KB, 400x550px
>>55295090
>Nicol Bolas as a Saturday morning cartoon villain.
He's the character used whenever we need a wacky hijink to beset our heroes. Shit like >>55299770 hits the nail on the head, but also things like the inevitable shrink, invisible, can't tell lies, or everyone's wishes come true episodes are his doing. Realistically, he'd probably win a straight fight if he ever stuck around, but his misdeeds rarely go beyond offensive pranks that end up teaching important lessons to the heroes, and not so important ones to the viewers. Like "Sometimes you shouldn't light things on fire before you know what they are".
He sometimes remembers the good ol' days, like his grandpa, who looked like related, told stories about. He might end up saving the day near the end of the series, because if the heroes all died, he would have nobody to play with anymore.

Eldrazi form the generic "threat" the heroes are mainly fighting against, but threats of the week play a part too, like, say, running into a plane full of slivers.
A few other, less relevant bad dudes, like Ob Nixillus form temporary meddling villains that either try and make the Eldrazi/Threat of the day come early, or get caught up in that dastardly Nicol Bolas' latest ridiculous scheme.

Also, there needs to be at least one wacky race episode.
>>
>>55299724
I always imagined Bolas sounding like Firelord Ozai.Bolas sounding like Joker would probably be cool.

Is the dude in the pic supposed to be Jace?
>>
I could hear a Jamieson Price Bolas.
Then again, I think that man can voice anything.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.