[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody got their mitts on it yet? Not seeing any reviews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: DX_ToA_ProductShotv2.png (64KB, 233x300px) Image search: [Google]
DX_ToA_ProductShotv2.png
64KB, 233x300px
Anybody got their mitts on it yet? Not seeing any reviews or dumps anywhere.
>>
my LGS wont have it until Tuesday. bitch im supposed to dm it on Wednesday i need prep time!
>>
File: sad beep.gif (630KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
sad beep.gif
630KB, 500x211px
>>55294198
browsed through today at my game store because I was considered buying it. Eh decided against it. Lots of dungeon material, which I consider filler because if you can't think up your own shit or copy pasta something better from what's already online you're an idiot. I was interested in the appendices. Not a lot of magical goods, some new critters but nothing fancy, only thing that caught my eye was the backgrounds - Archeologist and Anthropologist which I found interesting, basically secular sages. The Anthropologist gets some extra languages, knows all the nuances and ins and out of 1 other culture and as his/her feature can quickly learn or come up with ways to communicate. Buy if you have disposable income and want to support Wizards, otherwise, not worth the cost.

The only saving grace was even though it was $60 dollars, it was Canadian, so that's only like $45 American
>>
its a pretty much must have for anyone who plays AL as a DM
>>
>>55296362

>Lots of dungeon material
>Filler
>in an adventure ABOUT THE DUNGEON

Nigger,what?
>>
inb4 "IF YOU DONT HOMEBREW YOURE A FAGGOT" wizards makes some dope shit. i really enjoyed yawning portal, SKT and CoS
>>
>>55297387
>>55296362

> I say this because quite a lot of them don't. Like, they'll detail an orc tribe, in enormous detail... and it will all be exactly what you would expect from the words 'orc tribe'. They'll be fierce and warlike and brutal and love violence and live in a cave and have a thuggish chief who likes throwing his weight around and a creepy shaman who's always demanding more sacrifices and you could have thought of all that yourself. It boils down to 'this orc tribe is a tribe of orcs who look like orcs and think like orcs and act like orcs and fight like orcs'. Sometimes entire campaign settings will be like this, spending hundreds and hundreds of pages telling you that, yes, the not-Vikings sail around in longships and raid coastal settlements and the not-Egyptians build giant monuments to their dead Pharaohs and all the other stuff that you could have guessed just from being given the most basic overview of the world. There's no added value.

http://udan-adan.blogspot.ca/2016/11/conceptual-density-or-what-are-rpg.html
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.