[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 51

File: thestax.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
thestax.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
"Fuck the World" Edition

Previous: >>55284983

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What's the most spiteful play you've ever made? Been on the receiving end of? Seen?
>>
>>55292927
I conceded before allowing a trigger that required me being in the game to resolve.
>>
The last time I played with my friends, everyone had enough clones or originals of tax cards, such as Augustine or Spelltithe Enforcer to cancel one another out, but after the second Augustine I couldn't cast.
A few turns in, I couldn't cast Fog unless I paid an additional six and/or sacrificed three permanents of some sort.
>>
>>55292927
>What's the most spiteful play you've ever made?

not really spiteful, just took over a guys zurgo and killed him with it, resulting in him sperging out and kept mumbling about blue being a shit color and focusing me the next game
>>
Vampiric tutoring a notion thief with senseis top in play and enough mana to cast when my friend dropped the last card in his hand being Sandstone Oracle.
>>
File: Kuro.jpg (309KB, 1008x719px) Image search: [Google]
Kuro.jpg
309KB, 1008x719px
This dude is hella strong in EDH. Wish I used him sooner. He's a real saltmine desu.
His upkeep doesn't even matter when you can just rape all your friends commanders the moment they hit the battlefield.
>>
>>55293086
so this... is the power... of dimir.........
>>
File: tumblr_mrhyzyff231swruneo1_400.png (313KB, 379x525px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrhyzyff231swruneo1_400.png
313KB, 379x525px
dude running Circu again.

I'm reading up on U/B storm but people are saying to splash Red or Green for storm effects, but I can't find any commanders that help me mill in Grixis, and if I was gonna splash blue in Sultai I'd just turn my Jarad deck into Sidisi. Besides I want to mill others to death not myself.

What do you guys think, big dick it with Circu because I love the fucker to death, or am I actually missing out on huge storm potential.
>>
>>55293224
>Splash blue in Sultai
I meant Golgari.
>>
Made this mogis deck once that just boardwiped every turn and had every earthquake effect ever to deal tons of damage to everybody

Had to take it apart after too many games where I was dead on board so I nuked everybody with earthquakes and it ended in a tie
>>
>>55293061
I actually think someone was just fucking with them and posted some c17. I didn't see Decree of Pain, Crucible of Fire and Apprentice Necromancer, and I was autistically refreshing reddit and twitter hashtags. Unless they have some insider info it looks that way.
>>
>>55293256
Rosheen did that a lot. Still don't know if tying the game if you are gonna lose is kosher.
>>
>>55293271
Gotcha.
Well, sucks if so for necro and Kiki, but glad I won't end up pulling decree, crucible, or apprentice.
With dragons being "iconic" I can unfortunately see crucible being in, though.
>>
File: tasigur.jpg (103KB, 1024x620px) Image search: [Google]
tasigur.jpg
103KB, 1024x620px
can't decide on my next commander

>1-3 Rashmi
>4-6 Sygg
>7-9 Sydri
>0 Bosh
>>
Does anyone have that one image with all the color combinations with what stereotype they sync up with? I think black/red was edgy and mono-green was new player and shit like that.
>>
>>55293360
That's just a photo of Mark Rosewater's back tattoo, bro
>>
>>55293321
Well, we don't know if they are for sure not in there, There is just no proof currently. If noone posted those anywhere, that probably means whatever the 5 missing cards are, they aren't that good or expensive.
>>
>>55292927
I had a game with Teeg once and I had that kid playing Sydri constantly trying to remove him, while having Teeg on board was absolutely crucial to prevent our combo players from going off. I couldn't do anything in terms of attack damage and tried to convey my idea to him to be pummeled to death with his sphinxes the next turn. Then the combo happened and he lost.

Next game I had an exhumed It That Betrays maul him to death
>>
File: 1504902169550.jpg (272KB, 1231x900px) Image search: [Google]
1504902169550.jpg
272KB, 1231x900px
I want to hold her hand and maybe kinda brush her wings.

Also, anyone have sick flicker tech?
>>
File: 117 (2).jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
117 (2).jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>55293127
Having both Kuro and Horobi on the board at the same time is a real hoot.
>>
>>55293352
Looks like your digits have you cancerous simic shit
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
is there ANY card in the game with more flavor than this guy?

maybe if he could turn artifacts, creatures, and walkers into gold he would actually be good
>>
>>55293743
Kamigawa for lyfe yo!
Lots of cards I thought were shit really shine now. Fuck their market research. Give us back our Samurai plane ffs.
>>
>>55293904
>average player doesn't like kamigawa
>average player doesn't like lorwyn

why does the average player have shit taste?
>>
>>55294146
Because the average player is an idiot
>>
File: belbesportal.hq.jpg (238KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
belbesportal.hq.jpg
238KB, 480x680px
>>55294275
I make new rat
>>
>>55293861
If he weren't mono-black he'd be a fun commander of a Vehicle deck. Like a reverse Voltron where instead of being the sole wielder of a bunch of equipment instead he's the sole pilot of a bunch of vehicles that you keep untapping him in order to crew.
>>
>>55294353
King MuhCar~
>>
>>55293845
I kinda wanted to play something that drew a bunch of cards anyway

I was also thinking Unesh but I don't know if he really draws tons of cards
>>
>>55294146
Kamigawa was cool in a lot of ways, but it also focused so much on tribal that there weren't any of the unique kinds of odds-and-ends cards that flesh out a setting beyond its core themes. Add the facts that the non-Spirit tribal archetypes tended to be extremely narrow, that there was a serious bloat of Legends, and that it was the first set to diverge dramatically from a story that was in the very least related to Dominaria, I can see why people have a lot of contempt for it. For a lot of people who dislike modern Magic, it was quite literally the beginning of the end.

Lorwyn was cool, but at the same time it came out a lot of the casual groups I played with where we tried out weird and strange decks rather than efficient ones kind of went "pro"-deck crazy. The set itself was awesome, but the kind of fun I was having kind of died out there, so I do have at least a little contempt for it.
>>
>>55293537
>Lestoration Anger

Why is she asian?
>>
Alright peeps
I want to build something with red in it, i have 4 edh decks and none have red in them
What should i build?
Considering the vampire precon or Alesha.
Someone also recommended Neheb
>>
>>55294817
why the fuck is snapcaster asian

we all know the real reason but why are there asians on this germanic plane
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>55292927
>Playing Intet spellslinger
>Mono black combo player kills intet at ETB until it's uncastably high
>"If you can keep a stack of free counters under your commander, I won't be able to play."
>He's been paying life for various shit, been hit once or twice, so his life is kinda low
>dump all but one life into a moltensteel dragon, taking him out
>"Now you can't play."
>>
>>55294843
Planeswalkers.
>>
>>55294353
>he'd be better if he was a totally different card

Goddamn you fucking troglodytes to hell
>>
>>55294952
I was talking about abusing the inspired trigger, dingus.
>>
Man, the colorfixing in the 2016 commander decks was fucking insane, wish I grabbed a deck while I still could.
>>
>>55295037
>still see atraxa at walmart
Living in the middle of nowhere is great.
>>
>>55294913
>mono black combo player has proper threat assessment
>autistic dragon sperg gets his feefees hurt and plays kingmaker to whoever's left in response
>>
>>55295053
Not so when your whole country counts as the middle of nowhere and the only store in the goddamned country can only afford to stock stuff like commander precons on order and only during a certain period so I'm forced to order singles for literally everything.
>>
>>55294817
Because the artist had a qt3.14 asian model for the art. Who gives a crap?
>>
>>55294817
Maybe she's just in the middle of blinking?
>>
>>55294817
>people in china: 1300 million people
>people in the us: 300 million people

>Why is she asian?

money.
>>
>>55294843
>why the fuck is snapcaster asian
plz b sarcasm
>>
>>55295603
>we all know the real reason
>>
>>55294843
Because he was an invitational card and Tiago Chan is a real person that is depicted as Snapcaster Mage.
>>
>friends are tired of graveyard shenanigans alesha because they hate fun i guess
>new players have joined the fight!
>brago, freyalise, kambal
>one previous player in the game, kruphix
>i pick up damia
>ramp, play some blockers, ramp, counter some bad spells, ramp, cast a few board wipes
>everyone is watching brago, freyalise is amassing elves, kambal is pillow forting up, kruphix is durdling
>geth's grimoire, words of waste, archfiend of Ifnir, Forbid in hand
>melt all the elves, kambal, brago's bullshit creatures
>hold the table hostage until people scoop because life totals were really high
>freyalise, softly: "who hurt you?"
>>
>>55295863
>who hurt you
Is there a phrase in the english language that conveys more asshurt than those three words?
>>
File: am i being detained.jpg (36KB, 540x351px) Image search: [Google]
am i being detained.jpg
36KB, 540x351px
>>55295975
iunno maybe "my ass hurts"?
it was pretty great after i cloned the archfiend and nothing could survive more than a few seconds
>>
>>55295975
If you go up to four, "That should be banned."
>>
File: martiallaw.hq.jpg (157KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
martiallaw.hq.jpg
157KB, 480x680px
>>55296026
>am i being detained?

yes
>>
>>55296074
>Mirrorweave into Lavinia.
>>
what personal rules do you have for yourself?

>never use tutors unless theyre for lands
>never use off color fetches
>never use infinite combos
>never use thran dynamo, grim monolith, mana crypt, basalt monolith, ancient tomb
>never single out players
>always focus anyone who breaks my rules since they can handle it
>>
>Pirate Commander is Grixis
>Pirate Planeswalker is Golgari

Why even live
>>
>>55296134
>Mirrorweave
>Lavinia
>non-legendary
>>
>>55296134
lavinia is my waifu
>>
>>55296189
Shes just pirate flavored. Just cause she makes scary bears doesn't mean shes necessarily a "pirate planeswalker".
>>
File: IMG_8097.jpg (95KB, 488x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8097.jpg
95KB, 488x680px
Worth it in Queen Marchesa?
>>
File: Lavinia.jpg (184KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lavinia.jpg
184KB, 620x400px
>>55296206
Mine too.
>>55296201
You Mirrorweave a creature with CMC<5 then cast Lavinia.
>>
>>55296255
Aaaaaahahaha. Now I got you. That's pretty sneaky, anon. I like it.
>>
>Tapped out on my turn for whatever
>Pact of Negation someone's attempt to stop me
>Get hit by an Exhaustion
he sure showed me
>>
File: high hal.jpg (251KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
high hal.jpg
251KB, 1600x900px
>playing for the first time in months
>scrapped the shitty decks I never play in favor of some new hotness
>>
>>55296183
>thran dynamo
>basalt monolith
>not mana vault
>not sol ring
u wot m8?
>>
>>55296307
What have you mangled together, Hal?

>>55296327
I was thinking the exact same thing. I still really dislike sol ring, personally.
>>
>>55296183
>never single out players

whenever I get the choice to attack and it's pretty equal I pull out a dice and say player one is 1-2 p2 is 3-4 and p3 is 5-6, this way people won't hold grudge against me, it's just rng :^)
>>
>>55296327
forgot mana vault, but thran dynamo and basalt monolith fall into the same "good in any deck" type of card like the rest of them, im tempted to throw gilded lotus onto my honor list too

sol ring I leave as an exception since even new players on a preconstructed can get them
>>
File: Format Comparison by Fighting.jpg (278KB, 518x1483px) Image search: [Google]
Format Comparison by Fighting.jpg
278KB, 518x1483px
>>55296183
>>55296327
>>55296357
IMO I hate all mana rocks that make as much or more mana than they cost to cast.
Things like Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, and Mana Vault Basalt Monolith and Grim Monolith are also in the list, just because of their abuse potential being so high.
Fast mana makes the game pretty unbalanced purely on virtue of whether or not you got your fast mana in your opening hand, plus they take up slots in literally every deck that could be used for other cards that work towards your strat. I say this because there is literally no deck in existence that doesn't run fast mana that wouldn't be made better by inclusion of fast mana.
>>
>>55296183
>Limit of 2 infinite combos unless playing a combo deck
>Never tutor for an infinite combo.
>Tutoring for a combo piece is fine, but only if that piece is still useful by itself and you have no other pieces on the field or in your hand
>>
>>55296254
If you like having creatures around that's a pretty valuable card IMO.
>>
File: 1454362621744.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1454362621744.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>have to use a precon again because I don't like slowly upgrading my things but just doing it in one fell swoop
>>
>>55296453
I love mana rocks of all levels of garbage
Aside from the requisite sol ring, my Damia deck has three signets, clue stones, and keyrunes
Lots of land ramp for color fixing and acceleration
That's just how I have to be if I want to play a 7 mana commander that gets value by being on the board a lot
>>
File: Krulos.jpg (585KB, 1600x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Krulos.jpg
585KB, 1600x1199px
>tfw dinosaur commander alter
>>
>>55296538
same, which is why I print proxies and slowly purchase the cards over time
but i'm not gay enough to print super competitive decks, I just play a commander I think looks fun
>>
>>55296546
I don't know why I read that as "7 color commander."

I understand the usage of rocks of all sorts, it's just basically all of what >>55296453 said.
They make decks better rather than funneling into a theme, which, to me, is less rewarding than adding more theme pieces. But, don't take my word for it, I'm kitchen table casual.

Land ramp is totally fine, though.
>>
>>55296546
Mana rocks, like Signets, Keystones, etc, are fine to me since they don't give you as much or more mana instantly the turn they're played.
Signets are a bit on the line since they give you +1 mana after the first turn, but any other mana rock is typically 3 mana to cast for +1 mana every turn after.
I'm saying I hate mana rocks that give you the full investment or more back that same turn, because they also tend to give more mana than comparable mana rocks later. Sol Ring and Mana Crypt give +2 mana every turn for example.
>>
>>55296453
I leave worn powerstone, sol ring, and gilded lotus as still playables since theyre gilded and worn are fair for their cost and sol ring is the edh staple card every player should own

I also refuse to play eldrazi, karn/ugin, extra turn cards, or medalions

>>55296546
rock that give less then what it costs to get them out are fine, its when you toss thran dynamo, grim monolith, mana crypt, basalt monolith, ancient tomb, temple of the false god, mana vault, sol ring, gilded lotus, and worn powerstone into every single deck you make because they just WORK in every single deck is when it becomes dirty

at least thats the honor in me, I think netdecking and edhrec is 100% fine but these cards just irk me
>>
>>55295066
If he couldnt kill anyone else he did nothing wrong. Stay gay fag.
>>
Daily reminder that imposing restrictions on cards you play makes you a salty passive aggressive faggot and that you ARE that guy
>>
>>55296574
>three fingers

It's shit, anon.
>>
>>55296779
t. the guy in the shop no one invites to the game
>>
File: 1503596771051.jpg (1MB, 1151x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1503596771051.jpg
1MB, 1151x1109px
>>55296820
>He goes to shops to play!
>>
>>55296820
>playing edh at lgs
>playing mtg at lgs
Nah man.
>>
File: bladewingtherisen.jpg (38KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
bladewingtherisen.jpg
38KB, 265x370px
Favorite card in Iconic Masters so far?
>pic related, dat seb mckinnon art tho
>>
File: ss (2017-09-09 at 05.10.06).jpg (430KB, 1479x815px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-09-09 at 05.10.06).jpg
430KB, 1479x815px
So I'm currently sitting on this pile of cards to build my Gishath Dino EDH around. Apart from obvious stuff like "every good dinosaur", what are some good things to add/remove? Want to play 20+ dinosaurs, so feel free to be pretty rigorous with cutting shit.
>>
>>55296905
Toss up between Kokusho, New Serra Ascendant and Channel.
>>
>>55296905
i'm happy to see the future sight lands. nothing else i'm super into. might grab a serra ascendant if the price drops a bit.
>>
If you copy an Epic spell (like with Increasing Vengeance), does the copy generate Epic copies every turn as well?
>>
>>55296820
>going to the LGS for anything other than cheap bulk singles
>>
>>55296992
>his lgs stores bulk singles
>>
>>55296978
Yes.
>>
>>55296779
>dont play certain cards because the deckbuilding restrictions make for more interesting choices. It also provides a challenge, increase diversity in my playgroups interactions, and gives me surprise wins
>im THAT guy
seems about right, /edhg/ is over.
>>
>>55296905
The new art on Bladewing, the Commands, and the Kamigawa Dragons are great.
Not really into the Malfegor art though, the original feels like it fit better, at least to me.
>>
>>55297036
this pretty much
>>
>>55296868
>decide to play pickup game with two shop regulars since nothing better to do
>Decide to use Zirilan since I don't want to be a dick pubstomper
>they use BW Daxos and Newlamog
>growing concern
>Daxos players spends the entire game pillowforting while Newlamog player does regular Eldrazi bullshit
>Decide to try to win, start tutoring out Spawn of Thraxis and Scourge of Valkas, pining both players so i'm not "focusing"
>Daxos players says "wow guy take it easy"
>Start getting bullied by pillowfort since I'm bypassing all his gay enchantments and just dealing direct damage, eldrazi player continues to ramp, try to keep him down but not getting any help from the Daxos player
>try to win by tutoring out Worldgorger to trigger my Valakut a jillion times
>Daxos player instant speed O-rings Worldgorger so I just exile my board
>two turns later Eldrazi player dumps a shitload of beaters and wins with annihilator
And so I learned, kill Eldrazi players on sight and pubstomp because you'll get focused anyway
>>
>>55297050
Ancestral Vision and Serra Ascendant also have great new art, but the new O-Stone and Guttersnipe art I'm not a fan of either.
>>
>>55296978
>tfw never going to have every epic spell active at the same time
Search for 5 spells and cast them when?
>>
>>55297062
Zirilan is such a baller Commander.
>>
>>55297062
That's overall piss, but you gotta admit, that's a pretty funny play by Pillowforter
Tell me, when he did it, did you tilt your head and smile a little?
>>
>>55297088
Just cast 1 Epic spell, then cast/copy Quicken 4 times to cast the other 4 before the first one resolves.
>>
>>55297088
>Go infinite with mana
>Give everything flash with something like Leyline of Anticipation
>Cast all of the Epic spells, cloning them if possible (perhaps infinitely cloning all of them except Flame through Reiterate?)
>>
>>55297095
I wish we got a Demon, Angel, Sea monster and Wurm equivalent of him that share a similar effect but shifted to fit their colors.
>>
>>55297088
Dump all of them in your graveyard and use Mizzix Mastery, or stack them on top of your library and use Epic Experiment. Simple stuff.
>>
>>55297107
I can imagine that play now...

https://youtu.be/31-YOZ_dY0g?t=3m32s
>>
>>55296978
Yes, that's part of what makes The Great Snake Mistake good.
>>
>>55297111
If you've got infinite mana you may as well go full ham with Djinn Illuminatus.
>>
>>55297145
All I'm finding are 2-year-old, rarely-looked-at decklists for Kaseto. Is it some sort of combo with Hivemind or something?
>>
File: steiner4.jpg (128KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
steiner4.jpg
128KB, 301x301px
>>55297140
T W O A H
W
O
A
H
>>
whats the most unfair bulletproof deck available?

im thinking some sort of colorless ramp, tutors for infinite mana combos with a blue suns zenith "oops I win", counterspells, and a capsize + jin-gitaxias finisher
>>
>>55297216
Yeah I meant the timestamp, I forgot it wouldn't go through on embed
>>
Serra ascendant gives me big cums and big wins. Thank you hasbro overlords for giving me, the consumer, what I crave; lifelinking hover sluts.
>>
>>55297103
oh no, it's an amazing play, but it's pretty gay when the Eldrazi player has lethal on board and it's pretty much just kingmaking so the new guy doesn't win.
>>
>>55297228
the most busted edh deck I've ever seen was a reanimator Praetor deck that could consistently turn 3.
>>
>>55297271
could it get past a counterspell?
>>
>>55297261
>kingmaking so the new guy doesn't win
So it's not just where I've been; the community is shit elsewhere, too.
>>
How do spells like Turn to Frog interact with cards like Worldliness Wurm or Blightsteel Collosus? If you turn them into a frog and kill them, do they enter the grave as a frog, thus losing their enter the grave abilities?
>>
whats the land that when it enters you sac and island and taps for U1?
>>
>>55297324
W - Karoo (namesake of the cycle)
U - Coral Atoll
B - Everglades
R - Dormant Volcano
G - Jungle Basin
>>
>5 mana, burgeoning and explosive vegetation
>turn 2 Kruphix
>turn 4 void winnower fucking up the Boros partners deck and the Maelstrom Wanderer deck only leaving the Roon deck
>hydra broodmaster for 10 so 10 10/10 tokens

Welp, there goes a match that will never happen again
But it was fun as fuck
>>
>>55297288
Yes. Same with Sudden Spoiling and Polymorphist's Jest.
>>
>>55297288
reverse is true for shapeshifters/copy effects that triggers on death effects
>>
Any place to play edh online? Currently living in the middle of nowhere, can't find anyone to play with. Even regular MtG would do. Just not looking to spend a lot of money online, I buy too many irl cards as is
>>
>>55297286
I honestly can't play with anyone other than my group, they're the only people who build decks made of 50% removal 50% combos that work perfectly for 3 player free-for-alls.
>>
>>55297471
get cockatrice and lets get gay anon
I love cock!
>>
>>55297471
Untap but their servers are shit
At least its free
>>
File: endlessswarm.jpg (69KB, 620x446px) Image search: [Google]
endlessswarm.jpg
69KB, 620x446px
The meaning of Commander is to cause The Great Snake Mistake
But obviously in your favor with shit like Doubling Season, Beastmaster Ascension and so on
Prove me wrong
>>
>>55297471
Cockatrice is probably the better choice imo
>>
>>55296905
I've been churning like a fiend trying to break down how it's gonna draft. Austere Command is gonna fuck so many Wall players in the ass it's almost not funny.

Almost.
>>
File: Image (3).png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).png
131KB, 223x311px
Any secret/spicy tech for Ghave?
>>
>>55297654
Depends on how you play it. Sultai Flayer can make you unkillable if you sac a lot.
>>
>>55297654
My Ghave deck is whatever janky ramp/utility I had in those colors, plus every saproling-related card I could find.

It's got a 3/5 win rate and I'm always laughing my ass off because it's the stupidest thing I've ever put together.
>>
>>55297533
No, its this
>>
>>55297678
Less combos, more tokens/ aristocrats
>>
>scroll rack will never be banned
>>
>>55297288
>Worldliness Wurm
lmoa
>>
>>55297694
Thoughtpicker Witch for pseudo-fateseal and denying land drops, and Disciple of Bolas is always cute.
>>
>>55297752
Holy shit how have I never seen this common before
>>
>>55295291
Underrated post.
>>
>>55297775
Good shit, ain't it? I run it in Mardu aristocrats alongside Shivan Harvest to repeatedly deny lands to opponents. Exiling ABUR duals out of a 5-color Scion combo tryhard's grasp with a 17 cent common makes me start cackling like a crazy bitch every time. Pauper doesn't give a shit about sac outlets that aren't free thanks to Husk, but it's still quite spicy.
>>
>>55297740
Using my phone, didn't even realise it auto corrected to that monstrosity.

Glad to have that confirmed though. I was confident that they went into the graveyard for good because they enter as a 1/1 frog, but someone in my playgroup disagree.

Ty /tg/ I love you forever.
>>
>>55296905
As far as new art goes, I'm really digging Ancestral Vision and Cryptic. Channel is good since it's Guay, but it's technically not new. Same for LotP.
>>
What's the best way to take advantage of Descent into Madness?
>>
>>55297966
Tokens
Suffering
>>
>>55297966
Have a token generator that spits out enough to feed into it. Like Legit, Doubling Season and Assemble the Legion + that = GG most of the time.
>>
>>55297991
That's a lot of colors, and Doubling Season is way too expensive. Any cheaper way to shit out tokens? I haven't really ever built a deck that goes wide.
>>
>>55298021
On its own assemble the legion escalates at the same rate as descent doubling season just makes them grow by two each turn and make double soldiers
>>
>>55298021
Fair enough, I'd say go with either Damia, Anafenza or Marchesa if you can.

Black produces a fuck ton of Zombies, White Produces a wide variety of stuff, but WR is what you really want because of Assemble.
>>
>>55298070
So Mardu Stax? What would be a gokd commander for that? Or should I add blue for shit like Energy Flux, Pendrell Mists, and Mana Vortex?
>>
>>55298070
>>55298088

And Teysa, Teysa will just shit out Spirit tokens.
>>
>>55298021
>Any cheaper way to shit out tokens?

Anointed Procession and Parallel Lives
>>
>>55297991
Assemble the Legion keeps up with it on its own. Even just playing Assemble a turn earlier than Descent puts you up a token every turn.
>>55298021
Annointed Procession stays in white. Parallel Lives is a cheaper Doubling Season for purely token strategies.
If you really don't want to branch out from black, there's Endrek Sahr, Bitterblossom, Ophiomancer. You also get Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos/Butcher of Malakir if you want to be real oppressive.
White gives you tons of token makers, and a fourth Grave Pact via Martyr's Bond.
BW is a great base for token decks. I recommend Teysa, Orzhov Scion if you just want to stick with those. You can splash colors too if you want. Green lets you run Ghave. Red gives you Edgar.
>>
>>55298122
I like Endrek Sahr, Teysa, Ravos/Akri, Ghave, Ravos/Ludevic, and Ravos/Tana.
>>
File: 1473522125677.png (572KB, 410x574px) Image search: [Google]
1473522125677.png
572KB, 410x574px
>>55292967
If I were the guy you did that to I'd just carry on like you were there because you were being a big baby, and kind of a faggot. Scooping isn't an ability and can't be done in response to ruin big plays out of spite.
>>
>>55298261
Yeah, anytime someone tries to scoop maliciously, we just ignore it. It's a dick move, and frequently, the person who did it will get targeted the next game for annoying effects.
>>
>>55297112

We already have kaalia, green doesn't need any help cheating wurms into play. Sea monsters also have a commander but it's the one that makes the most sense for a zirilan clone
>>
>>55298403
>Sea monsters also have a commander
Who? I love big blue decks
>>
>>55298435

Jalira is who I was thinking of
>>
>>55298478
I mean, I guess. I was just thinking I was missing an actual sea monster supporting commander. The closest thing I have to a commander for a full-on big blue theme is Unesh.
>>
>>55298435
Blue Braids
>>
>>55298532
Now that's more what I'm looking for - a nice, simple card to emphasize the sheer, straightforward, simple power of blue.
>>
>>55298532

This is actually who I was thinking of
>>
File: 636376974134460550.jpg (60KB, 200x282px) Image search: [Google]
636376974134460550.jpg
60KB, 200x282px
is there anyway to get my blade of selves back, that isnt also a dead card if its not in the grave?

if thats not possible.
whats the best way to get my blade of selves back from the grave.
>>
>>55298587
Mistveil Plains
Refurbish
Eternal Witness

There's a lot anon.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>55294353
Built a commander deck with him main thing being untap and mana rock
and a theme of a forsaken kingdom with demons, zombies and artefacts the only thing left he rules.
There are some way to make him work
>>
>>55297711
No reason to. The amount of decks it is especially good in are marginal. It's no worse than SDT.
>>
File: 39123_200w.jpg (28KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
39123_200w.jpg
28KB, 200x285px
>>55297688
o hey look a wincon
>>
>>55298587
Sun Titan puts it back on the field, and there's a lot of green cards that can get it back to your hand
>>
>>55292927
I’ve been playing Magic form something over a year. Mostly standard and some modern and I would like to get into commander.So I’ve been thinking about buying one of the prebuild commander decks. Theese are the ones I’ve been thinking about (I have about 15- 30 good ards for each of them :
Freyalise from ommander 2014 (thinking about changing this one into Yisan deck)
Mizzix from Commander 2015
Vampires from Commander 2017
Wizards from Commander 2017
My question is which one of them, would be in your opinion, easiest/cheapest/most fun to turn into proper deck?
>>
>>55298641
I hate cards that waste so much time and have little interaction with the other players

fuck people who play a million fetch lands too, those annoy me but I always ask a player if they run scroll rack and if they do I dont play with them
>>
File: 1364362495963.gif (479KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1364362495963.gif
479KB, 500x400px
>friend talking mad shit about his Erebos deck and how good it is
>it's a deck full of sorcery-speed targeted creature removal and slow card draw
>slap his ass into the dirt with Volrath

I love this deck. Maralen with some Boots protection is a hell of a thing against Erebos
>>
File: Maralen.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Maralen.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
So guys. I made a deck for when people keep bugging me to play with them. Tell me what you think.

Commander: Maralen of the Mornsong

1x Spellbook
1x Venser's Journal
1x Neverending Torment
1x Thought Vessel
1x Price of Knowledge
94x Swamp
>>
File: BIiBKdw.png (190KB, 477x403px) Image search: [Google]
BIiBKdw.png
190KB, 477x403px
>>55298587
riding on this is there anything im missing
>ewit
>titan

anything else?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nazan-goy/
>>
>>55298751
That's beautiful. I'd add Lightning Greaves to keep Maralen from being removed while you're building up your wincon.
>>
>>55298722
are players that talk shit always ass?
swear every person at my lgs who acts as if they play the most busted shit when its netdecked at BEST and colorless mythics at worst

nothing feels better than trashing some eldrazi or karn fucker
>>
>>55298751
Necropotence is a requirement for this deck, since it's not card draw
>>
>>55298751
toss in a dark ritual, reliquary tower, some tutors, and board wipes just in case
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>Playing precon Meren in a 3 way game, one Timmy playing slightly modified Ur Dragon and one fairly competent player playing Inalla precon
>Win G1, Timmy player is getting tired because both of us have enough threat assessment to prioritize his shit like Intet
>Everyone's just durdling, nothing too exciting. I was starting to get some things rolling
>Meren in graveyard so I can reanimate and not pay 6 for her
>Inalla and Ur basically have a pact against me, but it's more clear that Inalla is manipulating Ur to come at me instead of him
>Inalla plays pic related. Has forbidden orchard
>steals my meren
>have no removal for it
>eventually get it back. He eventually gets back pic related
>can win next turn from fuckhuge centaur vinecrasher, meren with 4 counters, and a sleeping Jarad that everyone's forgotten about
>eventually kill a Ryusei to boardwipe, start to get rolling but only at 8 life, Ur has 4 dragons, one of which being Atarka to give double strike.
>Ur's the player who only swings with one creature if he thinks it'll get the job done
>petrify at the ready
>Inalla coaxes Ur to swing all out at him and me to win, which he does.
>Pop the one going to me
>Inalla activates pic related, flashes back portal mage
>redirects all attackers to me
>lose
>they had no idea I'd win next turn, died like a bitch
Why is this card allowed?
>>
>>55298840
Fucked up my formating, the Ryusei boardwipe was to get Meren back and before I realized I would win next turn
>>
>>55298751
do you just scoop to counterspell?
>>
>>55298914
Nah, I then start swinging with Commander and using Price of Knowledge for more damage. Basically the deck's purpose is to just sit and not do anything except when I absolutely have to.

I also have a Borborygmos Enraged deck with 99 lands for the same reason.
>>
>>55298763
Straight up Regrowth.
Regrowth effects like Creeping Corrosion could also be good, especially since you're married to a card type where all of them get destroyed at once often.
Greenwarden of Mirada is Eternal Witness's big brother.
>>
>>55298751
>no dark ritual
>no sol ring
>no reliquary tower for when spellbook inevitably explodes
>no ivory tower
I get that you're memeing but your deck is more fragile than decks filled with random jank and you basically fold to anyone with an average cmc of 3.
>>
>>55298976
>Creeping Corrosion
Whoops, I mean Creeping Renaissance.
>>
File: 1500650162821-v.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500650162821-v.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>>55298768
Not always. I talk shit, but I have somewhat good decks as well.
That said, I talk shit in moderation and with people I know and am comfortable with. Only time I have talked shit with a newcomer, when he was playing proxied Yidris storm and he was clearly not familiar on how he should play it, so his turns took for fucking ever and he didn't even win.
>>
File: 1473834393038.jpg (45KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1473834393038.jpg
45KB, 512x512px
Had a difference of opinion and would like you lads' inputs, which is worse:
>Substantial loss of life
(Let's say over 25, below 40)
>A one sided board wipe
(Your lands are gone, too)
>>
>>55298840
The best games are those that come down to the wire. Portal mage only redirects a single attacker? Maybe that was enough to finish you off anyway though.
>>
>>55299023
>DEPENDS
>>
>>55299030
I was at 8 and Inalla was basically untouched due to the pact they made. All the dragons had double strike. I had no blockers. It no doubt was a great play, but that doesn't mean I can't be mad at the Ur player for taking the bait swinging out.
>>
Hello dudes,

I want to make a pure eldrazi deck - but with maybe a green and (blue or black) commander. Who would be ideal for this that thematically matches eldrazi?
>>
>>55299091
I'm still disappointed that one of the tribal commander decks wasn't five color Eldrazi.
>>
>>55299091
Kruphix all the way, or animar if you can afford it.
>>
>>55299091
I know it's not what you asked for, but in Blue and Black there's Vela the Night Clad - her shared intimidate means your Eldrazi can only be blocked by other colourless creatures, which is neat.
>>
>>55299156
That is interesting actually.
I definitely need red, blue, and green, and black is ideal. White is not necessary but whatever.

I was thinking maybe Ramos. He doesn't have the best synergy but he himself is colorless while allowing me to run any colour I want. Thoughts?
>>55299134
Same, I know not everyone likes eldrazi but they are my favorites tribe by far.
>>
File: Lorthos, the Tidemaker_ZEN.jpg (216KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Lorthos, the Tidemaker_ZEN.jpg
216KB, 672x936px
>>55299134
>Lorthadox {13}
>Legendary creature - Eldrazi Octopus
>Eminence - if Lorthadox is on the battlefield or the command zone, at the beginning of your upkeep tap target permanent an opponent controls, that permanent doesn't untap during it's opponent's next untap step.
>Islandwalk
>Whenever Lorthadox attacks, you may pay {13}, if you do, tap all permanents defending player controls. That player skips his or her next untap step.
>[11/15]
>>
>>55299134
Ulamog, Worldless Worldsoul {5WUBRG}
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Avatar
Eminence - If Ulamog, Worldless Worldsoul is on the battlefield or in the command zone, at the start of your precombat mainphase, add {C} to your mana pool for each Eldrazi you control.
Devoid
Annihilator X, where X is 1 + the number of colors in mana costs of other Eldrazi you control.
Protection from all colors in the mana costs of other Eldrazi you control.
>[12/12]
>>
I haven't played since zendikar and I sold all my cards. Are any of the precon decks under $50 any good?
>>
>>55299425
just don't buy saskia
>>
>>55299457
Saskia technically has the most value out of all of the C16 precons.
>>
>>55299134
>>55299409

Kozilek, the Withering Lie {CCCCCCCCCC}
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Processor
You may pay WUBRG rather than pay the cost for this spell.
Eldrazi you control gain "Creatures you control gain ingest (multiple instances of ingest on one creature trigger separately)"
Put three cards an opponent owns from exile into the graveyard: Create a 2/2 colorless Eldrazi Drone creature token with "Creatures you control gain ingest"
8/8
>>
>>55299469
>>55299457
Not him, but Saskia looks mildly interesting. I never see anyone pick up the deck, and all of the partner commanders in the deck look fun. I don't run aggro often, but would the deck still be worth getting?
>>
>>55299492
Its a fun deck. You want lots of nasty creatures that do nasty things.

Saskia with Infect stuff is probably the meanest I've seen it.
>>
>>55299134
>>55299409
>>55299484
Emrakul, the Eldritch Moon {20}
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi
Affinity for Eldrazi
Indestructible, protection from converted mana cost 3 or less, flying
T: Gain control of target permanent. If it's a creature, it gains Eldrazi in addition to its other types, and becomes colorless. Create a 3/2 colorless Eldrazi Horror token when it dies.
0/20
>>
>>55299505
If I get the precon, what other stuff should I pick up? Should I focus on creatures, or go with a tokens+stax strategy?
>>
>>55299492
Saskia is fine, she just gets overshadowed by the ridiculousness of Atraxa and Breya, and the high-value reprints for Yidris.
>>
>>55299537
I usually see Yidris, Saskia, and Meletis available around here. What kind of playstyles do the commanders, the partners, and the cards in the precon each lend themselves to?
>>
>>55299537
>high-value
Wheel of Fate was like $2 before Yidris
>>
File: 20170909_023105.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170909_023105.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Just came back from fnm and got myself the wizards deck.

Im still bent on which commander to play. Kess feels like the safest one but the other 2 look so much fun to build around.

Help me here which one is the cheapest to build up?
>>
>>55299551
Yidris has a lot of single high-value cards in contrast to the other precons, which have value spread out more evenly amongst cards. Vial Smasher, Thrasios, Chromatic Lantern, Past in Flames, Reliquary Tower, Burgeoning, Waste Not, Wheel of Fate, and Reforge the Soul are what you'd primarily buy the deck for.
>>
Personally, I found this year's commander decks rather disappointing in what tribes they picked. I was really hoping they were going to do, like... Five Color Dragons, Slivers, Eldrazi, and Allies.
>>
>>55299581
>Chromatic Lantern
Why this wasn't in every fucking deck that year, I will never understand. The deck builders were retarded.
>>
>>55299583
they played it pretty safe besides the cats, which wasn't even that crazy imo
>>
REMINDER:
sissy white boys play WG
>>
>>55299561
Embrace the jank with Mairsil, King of Shit
>>
File: 124136_200w[1].jpg (28KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
124136_200w[1].jpg
28KB, 200x285px
>>55292927

my most spiteful play is also my most deserved victory

>playing my big gay coin flip casino deck, the only deck where I'm allowed to run mana crypt
>reveal narset off a selvala trigger
>the resident mizzix sperg starts bugging me to cast it so I can "make fun stuff happen"
>don't really want to, have other less generic shit I could do, deck isn't optimized to use narset at all, etc.
>dude bugs me for like 2 turn cycles to cast it
>alright fine, cast narset
>fucking desertion's me "yaaay now I have a narset, time for fun!"
>i'm disappointed in myself more than anything
>his turn he narsets into a temporal mastery and some other bullshit
>takes forever
>somehow doesn't win
>comes back to me, I game of chaos + mana clash + krark's thumb his ass into oblivion
>tries to call ME salty

I've focused that guy to some extent in every match I've played with him since then, nothing irks me more than when someone bugs someone to do something just so they can counter/steal it. also fuck Mizzix players.
>>
>>55299561
>Kess
Most expensive to go full-in with, only one viable in cEDH. To build decently, just run spellslinging Grixis goodstuff, with some flicker effects for multiple recasts in one turn. Can actually be pretty cheap to build around. Notable inclusions: Secrets of the Dead, wheel effects, Increasing Vengeance, (Get that double-copy for only 2 mana? Yes, please!) and buyback spells (cast them early on without buyback, then Kess them back later when you can afford to buyback. Repeat as needed.)

>Inalla
Medium in all ways - Eminence means that even a 5-drop commander can have relevance without hitting the field. There are lots of wizards with value ETB/LTB/tap effects that you can easily clone, and sac outlets are useful as well. Also pretty cheap to build around, but some important/powerful cards are a bit pricey. Notable inclusions: Panharmonicon, Victimize, Phyrexian Reclamation, and flicker effects.

>Mairsil
Jankiest of the three, but can do some crazy shit. Like the other two, flickering is important, but it's the easiest of the three (Aetherling). You might also want some ways to bounce him to avoid removal (Grinning Ignis and Ephemeron come to mind). Pretty much just find activated effects that you want to mix, run some self-mill and plenty of ramprocks, and go to town.
>>
>>55299561
Mairsil was almost dirt cheap.
The most expensive cards I have in there outside of the manabase are Chromatic Lantern, Sensei's D, Eater of the Dead and Phyrexian Devourer (expensiveish because old as shit), and Kozilek, the Great D.
>>
How do you deal with winning too much guys? I play with mostly 3-5 casual players and I'm sadly much better then them, which means 90% of the time I can win. At this point I can feel it would be annoying for them so what's some easy ways to gimp myself without having to play like an idiot?
>>
>>55299684
Play a Janky deck? Everyone has their competitive fuck you deck and a for fun jankmax deck for newbies.
>>
>>55299684
Vorosh Counter tribal.
>>
>>55299684
what commanders do you play?
do you go for combos?

the main thing I do to gimp myself is play less cards that can win the game on their own and more cards that generate small, incremental value. like a while ago I took an avenger of zendikar out of one of my decks and replaced it with a verdant force. it gives the other players more room to breathe and makes winning more satisfying because I have to really use everything I got.
>>
File: Cat-Dragon-Token.png (157KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Cat-Dragon-Token.png
157KB, 265x370px
>>55299684
Cat Dragon tribal. Search your toxoplasmosis, you know it to be true.
>>
>>55299684
Make a deck that doesn't win.

No, seriously.

Group hug, Norin the Wary.dek with no etb enchanments, Pheldagrif, there's a tonne of stuff.
>>
>>55299766
>have to connect with my commander in order for her to generate threat
>When I could just be winning instead
Same problem as O-kagachi
Except he's actually dangerous since you can choose what gets removed when he connects and he can't get chumped.
Those tokens are adorable and I wish something else made them but I just can't connect with black panther enough to make it work.
>>
File: IMG_9975.png (301KB, 598x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9975.png
301KB, 598x720px
>>55299613
reminder
I was in that game with you anon cats are fun
>>
>>55299684
Run a control deck. Use single-target removal, cheap and efficient spells, and fair trade effects. Act as an arbitrator for the game, and only do big, flashy things in retaliation to people attacking you.
>>
>>55296183
>every deck I own has an infinite combo but it must consist of at least three cards. no pestermite + kiki jiki shenanigans

>tutors have to be in flavor of the deck. ur dragon only has sarkhan's triumph, edgar only has vampiric tutor, mizzix has mystical tutor and merchant scroll, meren has entomb and buried alive, kemba has steelshaper's gift and stoneforge, and so on.
>>
>>55299008
life can be regained
lands
not as easy
>>
>>55299613
>girls(male) play GW
FTFY
>>
>>55299684
Play decks that are fragile but powerful. Stuff that wouldn't fly in serious metagames because it folds to pressure.
>>
>>55296189
I was a little disappointed as well. also, Venser could've been the perfect commander for the deck with his minus ability. oh well, I shall go with og bolas
>>
>>55299134
>>55299409
>>55299484
>>55299521
I think that a much more likely outcome than making a 5c Eldrazi would be an Eternal Pilgrim, like Ayli, who is 5c with Eldrazi support elements. The reason they couldn't do something like that in the C17 decks was because of cards like Path of Ancestry.
>>
>>55299711
These guys are really bad, even my janky decks don't help them win and then one of them gets upset when some stupid thing they could've stopped easily kills them.

>>55299718
Actually sounds kinda fun.

>>55299751
The main commanders I use are probably either Daxos or Ezuri. I like to focus mostly on having lots of little guys and then waiting until I can super buff everything for the win. They all fucking hate Ezuri.

>>55299787
I've though about that, but I do like being able to win. Really want to have to work for it but maybe something that's group hug with a few alternate wincons would be fun.

>>55299807
I tried this with Arcanus the Omnipotent, they did not enjoy heavy counter spells.

>>55299822
I'm open to ideas. At this point I'm feeling like maybe Balan or Zergo with no other creatures might be interesting.
>>
Does Mairsil only work on the field, or can he do things like steal Reassembling Skeleton's revival?
>>
can I play Izzet without being an insane storm/wheels deck
>>
>>55299845
>I'm open to ideas.
Probably some of the Boros decks, like Kalemne, who aren't abusing either MLD or Sunforger. Janky, undersupported Tribal like Skeletons or Werewolves. Something kind of Stormy, but weak to removal or sweepers, like Zada.
>>
>>55299845
Don't use counterspells or land destruction. Use removal. React to what they play. Don't deny them the game, but deny them advantage.
>>
>>55299850
Only on the battlefield.
>>
>>55299801
London?
>>
>>55299801
wew you were made for me cutie, I thought you were going to bed tho
>>
grixis wizards or grixis pirates?
>>
>>55300015
Pirates.

Also,
>>55300000
>>
>>55293743

That is such a beautiful card.
>>
>>55299813
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>55293302
If everyone dies together, the active player always wins.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Is this an actually good commander or is it just gimicky?
>>
>>55300282
Amulet of Vigor and some kind of draw engine to go through your whole deck
>>
>>55300282
Gimmicky, very.
Fun, yes.
Run Storm Cauldron, Mana Vortex, and other land bounce cards and watch people scramble.
>>
>>55300190
>104.4a If all the players remaining in a game lose simultaneously, the game is a draw.
>>
>>55300282
Christ, this is the ramp my Sakashima needs.
>>
lemee ask you this /edhg/, are there any cute blond boys in any mtg cards?
>>
Question: I'm trying to crown my hope of ghirapur Commander deck. unfortunately the full art wastes and lands I'm using are either notoriously difficult to get foils of ($10 pop for a foil bismuth waste) or foils don't exist (myriad landscape, arcane lighthouse, ect.)
So my question is this, What would be an acceptable replacement for these cards? Have someone alter them to have more flair and filigree?
>>
>>55300482
First off, talking like a fag and having a gaudy deck won't make you anymore popular.
Second off, just make foil proxies since you're so devoted to this.
>>
will I be called "that guy" for playing esper walkers, mana rocks, proliferate, and board wipes the deck?
>>
>>55300522
Have fun not doing anything for 3 turns and ultimately folding when you get hit by Vandalblast.
>>
>>55300540
so no?

neat
>>
>>55300522
Nope.

You'd be some random dude that plays a deck that ultimately loses to precons because they're playing a walker deck without Green.
>>
File: 1476259282038.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1476259282038.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>55300472
Of course
>>
>>55300570
hes not cute, hes masc!
find me a cute commander to main
>>
>>55300589
Go play force of will if you want cute shotas commanders
>>
>>55300472
>blonde

I don't think so, all the qts have brown or black hair.
>>
>>55300605
cant believe mtg doesnt have a single botw link looking cuteboy but it gets a ton of ugly butch chicks every set
how come the sjws dont ever work for good?
>>
>>55300638
I'm tired of this conversation.
Especially since it's one that only came up in recent sets but everyone feels the need to act like they've been around since Antiquities.
>>
>>55300638
SJWs aren't a real problem they just appear big because of echo chambers like tumblr but in reality they are a really small minority, the real problem are soccer moms: apparently sexy things=bad yet showing to kids violence and people killing each other on the news is fine
>>
>>55300660
chandra pyrogenius

>>55300679
why are they catered to tho? like I dont need to see half naked chicks on every card, I just dont want to hope every card I want to use gets a promo with new art so I dont have to look at a bulldyke every time I draw the thing

hell when I play on dickatrice I make custom versions of ugly cards with randome art I find that could fit to use instead
>>
Where do you play your commander games? Cockatrice? Magic the Gathering Online?
I'd love an online matchmaking system, with victory and losses tracking and eventual judging for rulings like the old Dueling Network (i doubt there are any automatic magic simulators like Magic Online, right?)
>>
>>55300790
cockatrice is fast as fuck and pretty clean once you get use to it, no waiting for shitty animations just straight up, even my garbage toaster can run it smoothly

untap is fucking trash
>>
>>55300790
xMage

Basically free MTGO.
>>
>>55300790
In person. But Cockatrice for online even though I don't use it that much anymore.

>>55300812
>Basically free MTGO
And with that, all the bad things about MTGO as well.
>>
File: 186.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
186.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
Man, trying to make these work is hard.
>>
File: 150.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
Ashling's Prerogative in Omnath, Locus of Rage deck, Y/N?
I would obviously choose even to make all the tokens gain haste, and if I'm able to play Amulet of Vigor even the creatures I play with odd cmc would enter untapped anyway
>>
>>55300960
I am sad that there is no naya or bant human tribal commander
>>
>>55300989
It's a neat tech card, only slightly more expensive than Mass Hysteria but only half as dangerous and a bit more controlling.
However for one more mana you could simply play Fervor.
>>
>>55300960
As stupid as it sounds, X cost spells to deal 1 damage to a number of your own creatures isn't the worst thing in the world.
>>
>>55300960
You know that card Zada, Hedron Grinder?

Well, this is her (kind of), but included with white.
>>
>>55301057
Except Zada is much better.
>>
I want to make a 5 color deck. Should I make Atogatog? He seems like a fun theme to build around, saccing everything in response to blocks and whatnot. Or Cromat? I want it to have an actual fun theme of basically anything but just goodstuff.
>>
>>55301259
Build progenitus god tribal, it's basically a 5 color enchantress deck but with gods
>>
>>55301225
Well of course, it's Zada.

It's just that I'd go the same way of building a Anax and Cymede deck, as I'd build her.

Tonnes of cheap 1 or 2 drop buffs, and then a extra turn spells.
>>
>>55298099
Queen is 'okay' for tokens, Alesha is also good for reanimating token producers and enchantment recovery.
>>
>>55300044
Horobi is probably the most /fa/ black kamigawa spirit.
>>
>>55300338
They don't technically lose simultaneously with damage, the life totals are checked in reverse turn order, with the active player being the last man standing. That ruling refers to other conditions that would make each player lose the game together.
>>
>>55301433
Someone has taught you some wonky bullshit. I don't know that it ever worked the way you're thinking and the rules were updated or something, but currently, whenever state-based actions are checked, the very first state-based action is checking if a player has 0 or less life, and then if any do, each of those players simultaneously lose the game.
>>
>>55301433
Losing the game due to negative life is a state based action, if all players lose during the same state check, which would be the case here, it's a tie.
>>
>>55296685
>suiciding to take out one person
>instead of not dumping all his life and still be part of the match
He did plenty wrong, macho man
>>
>>55301473
>>55301478
Interestingly enough, there's a cute interaction where someone getting poisoned to death thanks to Phyrexian Unlife would win if everyone else died to having 0 or less life from the same damage, because dying to poison comes later in the list of state-based actions.

It's similar to how a creature with Undying will die to Black Sun's Zenith and not come back simply because the state-based action for killing a creature with 0 or less toughness happens before the state-based action where +1/+1 counters and -1/-1 counters negate each other.
>>
>>55299845
This is the garbage fire I built when I was starting out. Though it is quite different outside of the skeletons these days.
Make something that thematically pleases you or that brings you joy just to play with. Then slowly tune it up as needed.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/athreos-skelly-tribal/
>>
>>55296946
REMOVE HUATLI
She's the waifu that failed
>>
Post your current decks, built and planning to build.

>Built
Nazahn, Toolbox Non-Commander Voltron, 70% complete, playable.
Sakashima, Copy-Cat Tribal, 90% complete, playable.

>Building
OG Teysa, Descent into Madness, ~50%, Not playable.
Rashmi, Triggers and Cheaty Face, ~ 50%, Not playable.
>>
>>55301689
>Built
Kaalia Angel tribal. Fully built, landbase is always improvable but whatever
Atraxa counters goodstuff. Fully built but low-power for an Atraxa deck
Inalla Wizard tribal. 80% built, last cards are still on the way and Mana Echoes is too expensive for me right now

>Building
Gishath Dinosaurs. 60% built, mostly still needs actual dinosaurs to be playable.
Mairsil Jank. Not even started yet and will probably just pick stuff up as time goes on.
>>
>>55301670
I don't think Dinosaur Knight is THAT bad in tribal EDH. Warrior Poet is going in one way or another, however.
>>
>>55299023
One sided board wipe. You can recover from major loss of life in more situations than watching your board state vanish.
>>
File: 1504373527980-tg.jpg (63KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
1504373527980-tg.jpg
63KB, 500x407px
>>55296183
>>
>>55299867
Mizzix?
>>
File: 1504743966391-v.png (267KB, 444x500px) Image search: [Google]
1504743966391-v.png
267KB, 444x500px
>>55296905
Cryp command
>>
>>55296905
>Card wise
Ancestral Vision
>Art wise
Kamigawa dragons
>>
>look at iconic masters spoilers
>its literally all cards ive said "nah i cant put that in my commander deck, its too expensive"

this seems too good to be true, how will wizards manage to fuck it up?
>>
>>55301848
Extra limited print run
>>
File: curseofpredation.jpg (29KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
curseofpredation.jpg
29KB, 265x370px
>>55301848
The prices on most cards won't go down.
>>
>>55301689
>Built
Breya; just Breya shit; complete, playable
Roon; generic flicker theme; complete; playable
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds; HUGE GUTS; complete; playable
Selvala, Explorer Returned; hand-size matters theme; 99% complete, only missing Mikokoro; playable
Surrak Dragonclaw; buncha random bullshit I threw together for shits and giggles; in constant flux; playable

>Building
Wasitora; generic Jund goodstuff.dec with straighforward cards, since it's supposed to be a deck my brother can also play who's not playing that often; ~70% complete; it's got all the nonland cards but missing a decent manabase so I still wouldn't consider it playable
Dromar; ninjutsu/bounce; ~65% complete; not quite playable yet (this one I did the manabase first, though)
Depala; VRROOMM!; ~50% complete, not playable
Kynaios and Tiro; damage theme; ~30% complete; not playable
>>
>>55301848
Low print run and $10 packs mean that it won't crash the prices. The prices will decrease slightly though. Damnation definitely did after MM17
>>
>>55301848
>$10 a pack

dont get me wrong im glad for some reprints but the $10 a pack price tag basically makes it to where no prices will ever go down a meaningful amount
>>
>>55301766
>dinosaur knight
My big problem with this card is that six mana for these effects just feels bad. The +2 probably won't help all that much, but it does feed into the -3. The -7 seems pretty bad even in tribal, considering few dinosaurs get trample naturally.

>warrior poet
Again, mostly just overcosted for these effects. The +2 is absolute garbage in any format. The 0 is alright, but I don't think it's worth five mana to make a 3/3 with trample every turn. The -X is useful, but I don't think you'll be able to hit enough potential blockers with it for it to be all that useful.

I just don't see the worth in playing enither version of Huatli, but if you intend to run her for Vorthos purposes, I get it.
>>
>>55301882

>gofy going down
>fucking snapcaster going down

Look at the graphs before you just start saying shit.
>>
>>55301924
Based on previous Masters sets it seems that rares go down in price but mythics won't even be effected. I'm just interested in seeing the price of this new nonfoil Mana Drain.
>>
>>55301926
Have you seen the lands for it yet?
I'm buying at least two boosters since I've been looking to get into modern anyways.
>>
>>55301931
Yeah, that's sure to last before they both go way the fuck up again due to increased demand outstripping supply.
>>
>>55301924
who is actually going to open these packs? i don't see that many staples for formats besides commander. maybe thoughtseize and cryptic command, but that's about it.

seems like 10 dollars for a booster is too much

maybe it'll still get bought out because magic players are bad with money, idk
>>
>>55301689
>built

Teysa, Orzhov scion. all the tutors and combos, still adding cards to it tho.

Edgar Markov, vampire spam. still missing a phyrexian altar.

building:
Reki, Patron of the Moon, Shirei. maybe Jenara
>>
>>55301941
Horizon Canopy is rare and will drop a bit but don't forget that some packs will have this as their rare >>55301882
And that $10 pack will have less than 1$ of cards.
>>
File: stop.jpg (4KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
4KB, 208x206px
>>55301941
>buying boosters for lands
>thinking you will be able to get into modern by buying iconic masters boxes
>>
>>55301955
oh i didn't see stuff like horizon canopy as a rare there

still seems like kind of a volatile set to actually open
>>
>>55301955
There are tons of Modern cards and people love to draft these sets.
>>
playan n buildan THRASIOS TYMNA DRUID'S DOOMHULKING BREAKFAST

AT MY LGS COMMANDER TOURNAMENT FOR THE MIGHTY PRIZE OF $5 STORE CREDIT

BECAUSE I HATE FUN AND WANT TO HAVE IT ALL BY MYSELF :DDD
>>
>>55301955
>i don't see that many staples for formats besides commander.
you dont know other formats then because there a re a shit load of staples from other formats in IM
>>
>>55301689
>Built
Prossh, friendly neighborhood Prossh, tokens aggro no infinites, complete, playable
Ur-Dragon, tribal, 80% complete, playable

>Building
Taigam, extra turns and other shenanigans, 50% complete, not tested

>On hold
Meren, dredge mass reanimator 60% complete, playable
Atraxa, janky counter tribal, 50% complete, not tested
>>
>>55302088
>>55302088
>>55302088
>>
File: Raptor Hatchling.jpg (969KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Raptor Hatchling.jpg
969KB, 1200x900px
>>55301689
>Built
Xenagos, Additional Combats, 87% complete, playable.
Ur-Dragon, Tribal Beatdown, 87% complete, playable.

>Building
Sydri, Artifact Goodstuff, 53% complete, unplayable.
Gishath, Dinosaur Jank, ??% complete, double unplayable.
>>
>>55301969
>>55301961
What the fuck are you talking about? Every set is volatile to open and you're always guaranteed to open shite rares eventually. I'll open packs with Vial, Cryptic, AV, Thoughtseize, Canopy and Grove in the rare slot, all day long. And don't forget there are good cards at lower rarity too. Even if your rare is bulk crap, you still have a chance at decent uncommons to help. And don't ignore guaranteed foils in every pack.
>>
File: ariesxl.png (512KB, 9000x9000px) Image search: [Google]
ariesxl.png
512KB, 9000x9000px
>>55302095
>>55302116
WHAT IS REAL
WHAT IS RECALL
>>
>>55302124
opening 3 dollar boosters with junk rares is different from opening a 10 dollar boosters with junk rares to be quite aych my senpai
>>
>>55301689
>Built
Ramirez dePietro 100% Vorthos
Reaper King clone tribal ft Mirror Gallery
Isperia, the Inscrutible flying tribal toolbox
Azumi competetive combo ft MoM, Glen lockout, Paradox Engine, and Isochron Reversal
Xira Arien spellslinger, rebuilding to jund lands soon
Kemba voltron + token support, oldest deck
Solemnity Zur just built and untested
Karador goodstuff, not fun to pilot, might pick apart to feed Damia

>Building
Crouching Faggots Hidden Nephilim
Damia goodstuff
Raidmother Wort "make as many copies of plow under as possible"
>>
>>55302154
I'll open a 10 dollar MM17 or Iconic Masters pack over literally any 3 standard packs my dude. Full art lands that don't look like shit, guaranteed foil, commons/uncommons that aren't immediately thrown into the draft-chaff shame box, and a chance at something actually good.
>>
Making a Marath, Will of the Wild deck, budgets about 100, any suggestions?
(Complete pleb when it comes to edh)
>>
How does Mairsil work with the Licids guys?
>>
>>55302357
He attaches as an aura and stops being a creature, but doesn't affect the enchanted creature in any way.
>>
>>55302365
Can you still use the ability that ends the effect? Could lead to some stupid tricks if you can
>>
>>55302404
Yep. It's a pretty neat thing.
>>
>>55302198
The full art lands are from Unstable, amigo
>>
another jank king Mairsil question guys. If I cage Dragon Arch with Mairsil, activate that ability, then respond to it by returning Mairsil to my hand, can I effectively blink Mairsil?

Also the once per turn rule, how do I work around it? Quicksilver Elemental works right? If I blink Mairsil does it get around the ability?
>>
>>55302479
Right, my bad.
>>
>>55298658
Mizzix and wizards would probably be the most expensive to upgrade. Vamps is probably your best bet
>>
>>55299359
>lifegain myself to 300
>die to 1000 overwhelming stampede damage
How many board clears should I run to kill these damn elves?
>>
>>55304654
Didn't mean to reply, sorry.
>>
>>55304654
Use counterspells or don't play shitty lifegain
>>
>>55301689
>Built (note, landbases aren't ideal for any of them; I don't own any shocklands, fetchlands, tangolands, scarslands, etc.)
Mizzix; drawgo control with Buyback synergies and a few infinite mana sinks and storm payloads, 80% complete, playable.
Inalla; wizard tribal. Pretty straightforward. 80% complete, playable.
Endrek Sahr; aristocrats. 50%, playable.

>Building
Patron of the Moon; land bounce synergies, land-based STAX, and landfall spam, 30% complete, unplayable.
Cloudhoof Kirin; mill myself, fill my grave with spells, and use Runechanter's Pike/Rise from the Tides/Labman to win, 40% complete, unplayable.
He Who Hungers; aristocrat racks, 20% complete, unplayable.
Shirei; aristocrats, sac tiny creatures for value every turn, 30% complete, unplayable.
Ephara; flash "tribal" drawgo, 20% complete, unplayable.
Karametra; turbo out cards and flood the board; maybe 10% complete, still in planning.
>>
Some of the cards in my EDH deck are double-sleeved and some of them aren't. The ones that are aren't really notable in worth, maybe foils, cards I like, etc.

Out of curiosity, who here would lose their shit over that sort of inconsistency? Who'd think I was cheating? What about in a casual, semi-comp, competitive environment?

Am I being paranoid because Standard has left a stain on me?
>>
>>55305516
If you ever play competitive EDH you should shoot yourself, and after that you should change to consistent sleeving.

If not, do whatever you want until some autist accuses you of cheating then just pay $5 for some perfect fits
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.