[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you handle romance in-game? Specifically, when one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: succubus.jpg (66KB, 481x1280px) Image search: [Google]
succubus.jpg
66KB, 481x1280px
How do you handle romance in-game? Specifically, when one of the players wants to romance one of the bad guys?
>>
>>55287484
Give 'em opportunities to have some back n' forth, mention the two of them going out and spending time together, culminate in a declaration of love, fade to black.

Done.
>>
>>55287484
I mainly GM MonsterHearts, it's a teen drama game so romance drama is a big part of the game usually. I've never had a player want to romance one of the villains but if it did happen, we'd play it out with the social rules the same as usual and see what happened.
>>
If they literally just say "I try to seduce her" I'd shoot them down, if they present good enough tactics then I'd let them make some ability rolls. Something like having an ally feign death via spell or potion to convince her that they did it and they're on her side, I'd let them make some deception or charisma rolls. That would only win her initial truat though, and you'd have to split the guy from the party.
>>
>>55287484
>dependsonthesetting.jpg
I wouldn't permit it myself. Easiest way to shoot that down is to always attach your baddies with a significant other, further signifying that the PC's are all miserable losers who can't find true love despite being the "good guys".
>>
make two short collumns for your baddy : actions/traits he likes and dislikes. And the more the PC checks boxes on the likes side, the more conflicted you can make the NPC.
Also, he better rp that shit.

>>55287639
You're evil.
I like you.
>>
>>55287639

> Easiest way to shoot that down is to always attach your baddies with a significant other, further signifying that the PC's are all miserable losers who can't find true love despite being the "good guys".

That's hilarious, I love it.
>>
File: china cute2.jpg (50KB, 486x1022px) Image search: [Google]
china cute2.jpg
50KB, 486x1022px
>>55287484

Oh man, there's a lot of fun stuff there. I always start with building on the attractive elements of the PC. What attracts the villain to the PC, and vice-versa? How do you get that sexual tension?

It's really weird, but female players seem to go for monsters more. Minotaurs, demons, incubi and the like. (Female players also don't seem to care HOW evil their paramours are. It actually seems to be more attractive.)

For guys, it's more difficult. It's generally really hard to hook up a male PC with someone irredeemably evil, because that tends to make players uncomfortable.

Possibly my favorite in-game romance was an urban fantasy setting, where one of the PCs ended up romancing a Chinese martial artist. She turned out to be a weretiger, and it ended tragically: Eventually he killed her after a long, destructive fight across the city, which was basically 'Kamen Rider with a jetpack versus tiger kaijin'.
>>
>>55289004

> Female players also don't seem to care HOW evil their paramours are. It actually seems to be more attractive.

Girls wants bad-boys. It's like a rule.
>>
>>55287484
Well as the de facto "face" character player I get some say about this.

First, use the social rules the game provides, if I've put tons of exp/points/levels into social stuff I wanna get some benefits.

I better be dodging some fights for the effort I've put in.

Second, if you don't want to have this be a thing make bad guys who are already in a relationship/faceless monsters.

Third, if they don't roleplay it shut it down.
>>
>>55287484

The important thing to remember is chemistry. It doesn't matter what the sheet says, if there isn't any chemistry with the player, it won't worry.

Which means that the stammering autist of the group isn't going to get any. I'm sorry, Bob. I just can't suspend my disbelief long enough to pretend that an imaginary woman would have any interest in you. I try, but I still can't connect point A and point B because you physically repulse me.
>>
>>55289004

>Tfw you're a guy and evil dominate women tend to be your fetish.
>>
I used to believe I'd reject any of this nonsense, but at this point if I can make my players give even a little bit of a shit about my NPCs, I'd take it.
>>
Flirty banter then they still have to kill each other because of fate and the roles they play in the great cosmic drama. You can't change your role.
>>
>>55287484
>How do you handle romance in-game?
badly.
>>
>>55287484
I have enough trouble trying to get them to remember who the bad guy is.
>>
>>55289143
>being a normalfag non-virgin
GET OUT
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.