[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bgg/ Board Games General: inb4 you didn't lable it Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 54

It's time for "BUT YOU DIDN'T LABEL THE IMAGE" edition of /bgg/ because RPGfags will be confused!

Last time on bgg: >>55200603

Gaming Resources:

The Map: https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2658308#

https://pastebin.com/aWmbgN7K (embed)

Do you support your FLGS? Why or why not.

What is the furthest away from home you've bought a game (in person or shipped)?
>>
>>55280810
The closest FLGS to me is an hour away so I buy from miniature market online. There's one in the town my girlfriend lives and I bought some x wing ships there once, the guys running it were pretty cool.
>>
>>55280628
>>55280760

I don't understand what the caulk does or is for.
>>
>Do you support your FLGS? Why or why not.
I dont, it's 45 minutes away, it's tiny so there's never anything I want, and it's ridiculously expensive. When I go there I try tu buy something, but usually, there's nothing for me to pick up. Too bad, they seem like nice people.

>What is the furthest away from home you've bought a game (in person or shipped)?
In person, I guess I bought betrayal at house on the hill in a city quite far from mine. (nothing crazy though, I dont travel much). Furthest away ? I'm eurofag, I ordered a few things from the US.
I used to order my swan panasia sleeves straight from Korea before a german store started carrying them.
>>
>>55280810
>rolling both the dive dice and the original monster die
Heresy

>furthest away to buy a game
Amazon.fr shipped to a drop point so family could pick up a game for me and bring it back to Michigan, totally worth it.

>>55281095
Same reason playmats/mousepads are screenprinted on cloth that's glued to neoprene, makes it stouter. It's gotta be at least 5x heavier (might weigh the next one out of curiosity) and very tear resistant. I couldn't pull apart a 2"x8" wide strip once it was caulked, but canvas tears easily from a cut edge.

Also much easier to paint on, at least for me, since you've got a smooth surface that was designed for painting. Adaptable too; you can build the caulk into hills, give it textured effects so it looks like actual terrain. Likely why miniatures gamers were the ones who designed the method.
>>
gimme some good hurricane tabletop to play for when the power goes out and all we have are candles
>>
>>55281486
Jenga.
>>
>>55280810
>Do you support your FLGS?
There is no FLGS around me, the closest is 140km from my hometown, while the closest shop with games, but with no events or anything is 34km from me
>What is the furthest away from home you've bought a game?
In person it was when i was on vacations on the other side of country, around 700km. Ive bought my copy of Warham diskwars there
>>
Yes! It's not the biggest but it has variety, plus they sell at a 15% discount. 25% if you pre order which is pretty much as good as any cool stuff order really. I'm always hyped for their black friday sale of buy 2, get 1 free. I'm just a little sad that their play space is almost ALWAYS going to be covered with magic and the occasional warhammer guys, but if magic keeps them in business, I'm ok with it. Can always visit the fantasy flight game center if I want table space for boardgames and demos lining the wall.

Minnesota is a nice area for gaming.
>>
>>55281486
Forbidden Island and Atlantis Rising seem like they might be good calls.
>>
File: suomicoin.jpg (418KB, 1689x1408px) Image search: [Google]
suomicoin.jpg
418KB, 1689x1408px
So apparently there's another COIN being developed - three players and two non-player factions with the Finnish civil war as its theme.
>>
right, thread is a bit dead so -
I am preparing for my first forbidden stars game tonight with my friend (his copy). any recommendations or tips?
>>
>>55285718
I don't have any but do let me know how you like it, I'm still trying to get my copy to the table
>>
>>55280810
I played this game once. Not the worst thing ever, not my favorite game either though.
>>
>>55285718
You might want to check Board Game Geek for any player help files. It never hurts to show up with a game play flow-chart cheat-sheet. Bonus points if you find a good one and make enough for all players.
>>
Hey I'm back

Just finished the felt insert for the pit.
It took me way longer to make than I planed.
Might be me being just overcareful every step of the way.
>>
>>55287199
Looks great.
>>
>>55287199
Wow nice.
>>
>>55285435
Interesting.

Wonder if the system would work with the Russian Civil War in general, but setting a game only in Findland is probably the right choice.
>>
>>55281486
chupacabra but you have to keep the glow in the dark dice charged (still not sure how to charge the 6th face...)
>>
Because there's no such thing here. The ... 3? Simply import things and oversell them at ridiculous prices that are up to 2x what it costs me to import them directly (which is already super expensive).
>>
Played Great Western Trail last night. It was very fun, I liked that you have a lot of options and the game is thematic. But holy shit, did the game takes a lot of time? Even when we got the hang of things people were stopping at every fucking building dragging the game more.
>>
>>55288854
Sadly it doesn't charge, not sure what Haywire's intent was when they designed them like that.

>>55281486
OP has it, Survive complete with sea monsters. Or get that feather game from HABA, should be interesting trying to blow a feather off your hand onto cards in the middle of 140mph winds
>>
>>55289306
>Sadly it doesn't charge

a little paint would fix that, but yeah I'm completely underwhelmed by the whole glowing dice thing anyway. Had them under a halogen all day and I could barely tell they were glowing.
>>
I was recently an absolutely HORRIBLE person to that one acquaintance. He kept pushing to play his games since he knows I love board gaming. First, he said "wanna play some connect 4" and I responded with a "HAH, yeah, no" thinking he was joking. Except he wasnt. Then later he told me "Hey have this neat card game, do you know about it ?" "Fantasy... Yeah, I hate that game, kids at work keep asking me to play it all the time and I cant take it anymore" (which is true, I working in a day care and the game is incredibly popular with the kids, and I hate every second of it, I play it nonetheless, because kids enjoy playing games with me) lastly he pulled out timeline, which is a fine game, but I really didnt feel like playing it.
Terrible horrible person. I left offering to show him some of my games one day. Which I still havent done...

Who else is a fucking heartles monster ?
>>
>>55289392
Honestly I thought it was more a gimmick the game didn't need. The game is as spooky as it's going to get regardless of playing in the dark (which is not spooky at all unless you're 5) and the engraving on the dice is already really solid so why try to upsell them with glow in the dark?
>>
>>55287199
That is damn-skippy good! Where do you live again? I'm totally not going to kidnap you and put you to work creating a gaming table for me. Trust me! <wink wink, nudge nudge!>
>>
What is /tg/'s take on Robo Rally? I just unearthed my old set, and I plan on painting up the robots so I can get people in my group onboard to play it.
>>
>>55290305
New edition has nicer game mechanics, but shit components (even the cards are shit quality); if you've got an old set it might be worth getting a new copy on clearance for the individual decks/player mats and making a frankenstein edition.

As a programming game it's massively polarizing, and lots of people will refuse to play it because of how it ruthless it can be. Colt Express is generally easier (in my experience) to get people into, and Dragon & Flagon is somewhere in the middle (less enraging, but requires heavy focus)
>>
>>55290413
Thanks for the advice. I was reminded of its existence by seeing the flashy (But honestly shitty looking) new version for sale at the FLGS. I will have to take your advice and see if I can grab a second hand copy of it.
>>
File: 1415441394220.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1415441394220.gif
393KB, 640x360px
So guys, I want to buy a board game. I've got a small group of friends, mostly consisting of wannabe nerd girls and couple disgusting pervert tier lads. Which one would be better, Dead of Winter or Mage Knight?
>>
>>55290587
They sound retarded, so dead of winter.
>>
>>55290617
You're not very far off. Is Mage Knight any good though, might buy it just to play it by myself and with couple other friends if they're interested.
>>
>>55290687
It's very solid as a solo game, but downtime between turns gets out of hand fast at more than two or three.
>>
>>55287199
nice lad, come build mine pls
>>
>>55290587
Dead of Winter is probably the best of those two options for your group, but be ready to set that whole thing up before anyone even comes over because it's a little time-consuming. Games running over 2-3 hours aren't uncommon.

My roommate has it (along with the Long Night expansion) and also got the broken token insert for the box for easier setup/clean-up, and it helps. But I wouldn't recommend getting that unless you all end up enjoying the game.
>>
Sometimes I check in and buy something from my FLGS. Been trying not to buy so many games lately.

I had Onward to Venus shipped to me in the US from the UK so I guess that's the farthest.

Question: Twilight Imperium 3 or TI4 when it comes out? On the rocks, store has TI3. Haven't played it, I know it takes a long time which doesn't concern me. From what I keep reading, it sounds like the newest edition is more streamlined, with certain things cut. I like everything I've read about the political dealings aspect with other players.
>>
>>55292319
TI3 with expansions has more content than TI4.
TI4 has more content than TI3 without expansions.

TI4 makes a few revisions that I like, (E.g. trade agreements replaced with commodities, tech tree replaced with tech cloud), and a few I don't (E.g. political phase has fixed timing at end of round instead of when the player with the assembly card chooses to activate it). 4E is certainly a bit more streamlined, but the difference isn't enormous, they're largely the same game.

Whether TI4 will eventually get back much of the cut variant options and extra frills that it currently lacks compared to TI3+Expansions is anyone's guess.
>>
>>55292489
Good things to keep in mind, thanks. Everytime I see that box art with the mystic space lion dude I just want it, that's all I really know for sure.
>>
How long until Shut Up and Sit Down end a reciew with "Fuck Trump and fuck white people"?
>>
>>55293862
As far as I can tell they've actually been getting less and less political lately.
>>
>>55293923
Read their Legend of the 5 Rings review
They might be getting less political but that doesn't stop White Guilt Quinns
>>
>>55293862
>>55293923
I just started watching them a week ago and haven't seen anything to do with politics
I like them a lot more than TheDiceTower anyway

aside from those 2 everyone else either only reviews shit I already know about or has a really bad mic
>>
>>55294177
Watch their five tribes or kemet reviews, those two are the ones that come to mind
>>
>>55287223
>>55287228
Thanks
>>55290278
>>55291857
The irony is I would love to make another table.
Fix the mistakes I made. Make it a bit smaller,
use better tools and make lower.

I live in Iceland so helping you guys building one is Impossible. I could design another one, but that would take time and I would try to have another "gimmick".
>>
>>55290278
>find out where anon lives
>bring a van
>break in
>tie anon up

um, why not just take the table at this point?

on second thought don't answer that. I really don't want to know.
>>
File: shark committing sudoku.png (166KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
shark committing sudoku.png
166KB, 1800x1800px
>>55294177
>I like them a lot more than TheDiceTower anyway

Top Ten __________ List
1:43:57

I cannot, just cannot into theDiceTower.

>>55294211
>kemet
why does this come up so much or bgg? Is it really that good or is there one guy slightly more autistic than me posting about it all the time? which I realize was entirely and completely NOT the point of your post
>>
>>55296385
>why does this come up so much or bgg?
Because it's fucking sweet as heck.
>>
>>55296385
>why does this come up so much or bgg?
I've heard that it's just that good of a game but of course that's subjective. I bought a copy a while ago and I'm still trying to find a chance to get it to a table
>>
>>55296385
>I cannot, just cannot into theDiceTower.
The top 10s are for background noise (except the live pair on gamers and game stores those are actually funny), actual reviews can be of value but the week in review is more useful so you can write off the weaker games.

TDT is really best at being a melange of everything, they've had hosts come and go on their channel (GBG, Nick the cringey weeb, Metzler, The Chief) but they always have a good half dozen voices that like various styles of games. It's not perfect, but it's more balanced than going to SUSD for party games, Calandale for war games, Rahdo for KS hype, Royal for solo play (and poorly manicured hands) etc.

Also Kemet is that good, but it's also got a fanatical fanbase like TI3, TS, Agricola, or any other very well recieved game.
>>
>>55296826
>Royal for solo play
Fugg I never knew this channel.
Is there a rec chart for 1-p games? It'd have Hornet Leader, Mage Knight, and Spulk Dangel for sure.
>>
>>55296207
>um, why not just take the table at this point?

Because stealing an Anon's hand made custom table is WRONG! 'Borrowing' said Anon while feeding him beer and steaks so he'll build me a table is "business". Any Sicilian in here will back me up on this.
>>
>>55296909
It's on my to-do list; along with co-op, schadenfreude, print n play, and finishing the edits on the kids chart. Should get around to a couple of them in the next week, finally got some vacation time where I'm not booked.

Also any 1p chart would also include the Oniverse games (at least Onirim), more than a few co-ops (Robinson Crusoe and Ghost Stories are fun puzzles), prolly Viticulture/Scythe, definitely Friday.

>>55297264
Stealing the table would also be a bad idea because it's unlikely to match anon's decor, what if he needs a game table to match french country?
>>
>>55297361
>any 1p chart
One Deck Dungeon

are you accepting solo variant rules:
51st State (board game geek)
Clank! (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-BoE7wLjI)
or is that too much like saying "just about everything"

also
>Onirim
is that identical to the android game because that is like slightly less rewarding than playing windows solitaire which is worlds better than actual solitaire with cards.
>>
>>55297726
One Deck Dungeon is quite good, just not sure if it's one of those Asmadi rare genius moments or if it's like Fealty and will play itself out after 3-6 months.

As for Onirim, it's identical enough, but the variants (which are dlc in the app) make it better. The other games in that universe are quite a bit different from the solitaire feel, but that's the point of the game. It's just an upgrade from playing solitaire for the 6,000th time.

I'd say variants are definitely good. Race for the Galaxy (think it's in one of the expansions) would be up there, but that's also a problem with the entire purpose of a solo chart. There's a a lot of options if you include variants, play against a goal score, co-ops, etc. There's fewer if you limit it, and a lot of the table top versions are just as good in app form, with less bookkeeping. As an example, if you're solo is it really worth playing Elder Sign on a table or using the app? The app has a better theme integration, less fiddly, and more cost effective, the only downside is you're not actually rolling dice. Might end up having to do it as two charts, really good solo games, and really good solo games that have app versions for cheaper.
>>
File: card thief.png (2MB, 2160x1920px) Image search: [Google]
card thief.png
2MB, 2160x1920px
>>55297905
don't forget
>really good solo games that are only an app
because I've been meaning to bring up Card Thief. It's not possible to reproduce in physical cards (too many odd count +/- interactions for anybody short of Rainman) but I've been playing it for a few days and I really think bgg would like it.
>>
>>55298002
This is why co-op, schadenfreude, and finishing the kids are in front of the line. Less headaches in figuring out how to categorize the games /bgg/, BGG, and the internet at large tends to endorse for those charts.
>>
>>55298135
>all this effort
>still can't be assed to change the font

godspeed you bastard
>>
>>55298221
Honestly I might've changed it if not for how hilarious it's been the last month or two when people started getting triggered over it. At this point it's not just about having an image to post when someone asks about converting their gf, I do it for the (You)s

They won't get any work til at least Monday though, today was a shitshow at work and I won't get a chance to caulk my canvas mat til Sunday. Plus the torpedo in the corner needs the aurabek stenciled on and a matte clear coat. Both those projects are taunting me since they've been half started since July
>>
Say, what are some recs for games that are light enough for icebreaking and can fit 10+ players (the more the merrier).

Werewolf/mafia is obvious but I'd avoid player elimination if possible
Mascarade is another option I'm considering.
>>
>>55299299
Two Rooms and a Boom is a great Mafia/Werewolf-esque game without player elimination.
Mascarade is fantastic, and has some of the best art in any boardgame ever, but I wouldn't use it for more than 8 if I had other options.
>>
>>55299458
>2R1B
Wow, thanks! I'd totally forgotten about it.
>>
We can't die yet
>>
>>55280810
> Gaming related items are you working on if you aren't actually board gaming this weekend?

I'm prepping 'A Handful of Stars' sorting counters and laminating the player boards, and doing the same for my copy of Robinson Crusoe. I picked up a copy of the 2nd edition of R.C. for the improved rule book and some of the nicer components. That said, I may continue to use the 1st edition player boards since I was able to laminate them which means they'll likely survive longer.

Now I just have to get sleeves for the cards and I'm good.
>>
I've got two - one's been the only game in town for years, and it kinda shows. I haven't been in there years. The other has a monthly meetup, so I usually buy snacks from there. I've bought games from there, but not for a while.
>What is the furthest away from home you've bought a game (in person or shipped)?
Do KS games count?
>>55290305
I really can't stand it - I acknowledge that it paved the way for better games, but it shouldn't be held up on any kind of pedestal.
>>
>>55302703
did I ask that? LOL

but I have literally run out of games to organize and have moved on to greenstuffing a 3D relief on a box I bought solely to store my greenstuff sculpting tools which no one will ever see. I feel like this is a new level of REEEE.

I did get to play two player Clank! yesterday though and god damn it was gritty good fun. I lost despite grabbing the backpack and snagging the 20 and 25 artifacts in back to back turns, literally snatching the 20 out from under my opponent's nose. God I love games that are fun even when you're getting curbstomped (not that either of us realized until the tally exaxtly who was curbstomping whom).
>>
>>55302886
>Do KS games count?
sure, I mean I guess purchased and backed are two totally separate things but the spirit of the OP is distance so feel free to ad lib with LDGFs, gate checking your metal Duel components or how you can actually play euros with spiders in Australia, not trying to be formal here.
>>
>>55302886
It's also the cause of MtG, which has cursed game shops with horrible smelling mammoths; Robo Rally should be wiped from the face of the earth
>>
>>55303014
Well, then I think I ordered something from Amazon France?
>>
>>55302926
>did I ask that? LOL

I can't help it if your psychic emanations are leaking Anon. Perhaps you need a better tin-foil helmet?

>but I have literally run out of games to organize

That's an admission of serious slacking right there Anon! Don't tell me that you're one of those 'responsible' types that only buys games you're going to play.

>greenstuffing a 3D relief on a box I bought solely to store my greenstuff sculpting tools - new level of REEEE.

That can't be any worse than when Reaper or Vallejo came out with 'sculpted' paint bottles.

>I did get to play two player Clank! yesterday though and god damn it was gritty good fun.

I've got an RPG game I'm running coming next weekend (Mutant: Year Zero). After that it'll be a few more weeks before I can board game again. I'm thinking about having a "Martin Wallace" day with 'Hit Z Road', 'The Arrival'. and 'A Handful of Stars' as the games of the day.
>>
>>55280810
I try to, but they rarely stock something I want and don't have. I'll make pre-orders through them for upcoming stuff with enough demand that I'd have to camp CSI for it, and recurring small things like Netrunner packs.

>What is the furthest away from home you've bought a game?
Grabbed a copy of King of New York at a game cafe in London that was having it's opening night the same evening I had a one night stopover there, and brought it back for my brother since his birthday was the next day.
Way overpriced, but I had some bongbucks to get rid of.

Not in person but slightly farther than that is the Heroes of Normandie stuff that I've had sent from France.
>>
File: 753567.jpg (81KB, 738x246px) Image search: [Google]
753567.jpg
81KB, 738x246px
Lookin for a good 2-4 player abstract strategy game. These are the candidates. Which one do you recommend?
>>
>>55307223
I'm really intrigued by photosynthesis. I'd like to try it out
>>
>>55307223
get photosynthesis so you can tell us how it is
>>
>>55280810
Occasionally, when they actually have something I want in stock at a reasonable price.

Shipped would be from the UK and in person would be from Canada, both of which are a long fucking way from Australia.
>>
>>55310962
to be fair everything is a long fucking way from Australia. Hell even the grocery is probably a long fucking way, eh?
>>
>>55307923
check out this video, it seems to give a good play through of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1NsHryzKTA
>>
>>55312619
I'm totally hating the sun piece. I mean it makes sense but out on the board it's painfully awkward and a bit ugly. The rest of the game is cute, looks a bit awkward, but it's themed, there are trees, I get it. It would however be very simple to recreate this with poker chips, some old cardboard and a sharpie. Simple doesn't necessarily mean bad but really have to stop buying games I haven't played.

As far as the vid itself, passing the player marker is annoying the shit out of me. Just each take two turns. It's a two player game. Seriously triggering me.

That and, well seems like Carmen is not that swift, especially late game. I mean she consistently left points on the table, yet she won through no discernible strategy while Tim tried to maximize each turn, think ahead and really strategize. I felt like I was watching a game of sequence where nothing you do really affects the outcome of the game.

It seems like a pure euro so I can't imagine why that would be, however that's exactly the kind of thing that makes me really dislike a game, so definitely not on my list at the moment.
>>
>>55307223
You could also check out Glüx and Element.
>>
>>55307223

Only played Santorini, I really like it.
>>
File: wasteland express.png (5MB, 1500x1497px) Image search: [Google]
wasteland express.png
5MB, 1500x1497px
Is this good?
>>
>>55317961
I have no clue but apparently it's getting a lot of buzz on bgg so take that however you want
>>
>>55307223
I've only played Santorini: it's a neat little 2 player game, very similar to chess in that you're thinking 2-3 turns ahead, but it really doesn't work with 3 players.
>>
>>55296207
>>55297264
Seems like I need to get a security guard to watch me and the table 24/7 from now on.
>>
File: file.png (792KB, 873x838px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
792KB, 873x838px
>>55317961
3 was better
>>
So, I've been struggling to get a large enough group that knows the base game rules to try this, but I've been wanting to do a house rule to Secret Hitler. The few friends of mine that I've ran it by say it sounds fun, but we'd need at least 7 people who know how to play base Secret Hitler to try it, and we're all kind of friendless losers.

I want to include Karl Marx as a third team, and the Communist Track to the game. The way it would work is there's Karl Marx, the Alpha Communist. Then, any chancellor can choose to discard both agenda's he was passed, face down, to activate the Communist Track, he (not the president) can then choose anyone at the table, and they show each other (privately) their role cards. If either is a communist, they both become communists (unless one is Hitler, Hitler is immune). Whoever they pick is put in the Gulag, and can't be nominated next turn.

The Communists win when the simple majority of the table is Communists, and everyone else is immediately killed.

What do you think?
>>
>>55319002
Cults in mafia are generally bad.
Cults in analog mafia with no mod to declare their wincon are worse.
>>
>>55319316
But they'd all know who the other commies are
>>
Has anyone here played Witchhunt?
I played it with my group last night at what might have been min plater count (7+mod), and there were some balance concerns.
The biggest one is that the judge felt far to strong, especially if the judge or even the apprentice was a witch.
Is this a common complaint? Do we just need to play with a bigger group?
>>
>>55280810
label*
>>
Meetup tomorrow. Should I bring two copies of jenga or what?
>>
>>55321663
Only if it's one of those less bad versions, like the kind made out of 2x4s designed to crush small children when it falls. Or you could just buy a copy of Rhino Hero and give Jenga away to the downs kid up the block
>>
>>55319002
I'm sorry you made the mistake of purchasing such a poorly designed game that you feel the need to do the publisher's job and fix the rules yourself, anon. Perhaps do more research before spending money in the future.

That being said, your idea sounds like it just makes an uninteresting game needlessly complicated.
>>
>>55321844
Have you ever played Secret Hitler?
>>
>>55321883
Yes. It is a social deduction game that makes deduction impossible due to how random the game is. Normies buy it because of the loledgyreptilianhitlerXDDDDDD and, beyond that, there is nothing of quality to be found in the game.
>>
>>55307223
Santorini is fun but word of warning, it really sucks at 3 and 4 players. Even the instruction manual advises against it.
>>
File: IMG_0616.jpg (46KB, 724x213px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0616.jpg
46KB, 724x213px
What are opinions on this?
>>
>>55324790
My opinion is that you should form your own opinion, rather than just going by some random dude's tweat.
>>
>>55324790
He's partially correct and partially feinting ignorance for sake of satirical hyperbole.
>>
>>55324790
anyone who likes games that reward quality play and chooses to play MoM anyway is in for a bad time. his fault for not knowing this ahead of time
>>
>>55284450
Fantasy Flight being right there is certainly a plus. Yesterday I was trying Star Wars Destiny at a FLGS and a man came up and introduced himself as the intern right under the main designer. He wanted to know what we thought about the game.
>>
>>55284450
aw shit son is that Level Up games?
>>
>>55293956
holy shit are you actually getting hung up on the idea that someone said they felt a little bit weird that they were in a room full of non-japanese people chanting in japanese? Like he's literally just saying "this was a little weird. It made me feel a little weird."

Then he complains about how the box art is bad, which it is.
>>
>>55324790
Fantasy Flight fucking rules, that guy can go back to his bland euros and cube pushing simulators with no player interaction that I'm guessing he fawns over.
>>
>>55325295
Really can't tell if this is sarcastic or autistic
>>
I've been going a bit nuts with limited print run/promo/Kickstarter stuff. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to preserve/protect everything and fix up punchboard stuff that's started to separate, without getting in the way of actually playing the game?
>>
>>55325778
Anon was a little overexcited in his post, but they do make some wonderful Ameritrash; plus that linen finish on everything....
>>
>>55325252
he basically says white people shouldnt be allowed to speak asian languages. maybe if you, anon, were able to comprehend one language (english) people would care what you have to say on the matter. until then, keep sucking that british dick until he finally tells you to stop sucking and lay down to accept his micropenis into a new orifice
>>
>>55325789
Aside from lamination? Haven't tested the long term effects of matte clear, but that's what a lot of board game cafes do to keep boards/large tiles playable longer. What size components are we talking about?
>>
>>55325252
>How dare you make sound with your voice this making me do a cringe
Yeah no Quinns is a fucking loser don't even try it. That's not even the worst example of him trying to be a white knight of all non-white cultures
>>
>>55325957
>>55326072
Holy shit get a fucking life you neets. These two comments amounted to nothing but "I have nothing to add to this discussion but I disagree so I'm going to call people names."
>>
>>55326394
>be on chan
>tell others to get a life

sure thing pal
>>
>>55326451
I could be covered in bird shit and still laugh at someone for being covered in dog shit.

Dumbass.
>>
>>55326008
Anachrony is the most recent game, it has a few large player boards and a metric fuck-ton of little pieces. I'm half tempted to try wood stabilizer and polishing them up on some shitty game first, see how it goes.
>>
>>55319002
any play count works.

game is a marvel of design and balance. at any play count the win rate for either team is 50-50, slightly increasing in the fascists favour as the session progresses to 2,3,4 games onward.

The game is internally self balancing and anyone struggling to play or have fun is either reading the rules wrong or is social retarded. I assume both.
>>
>>55325789
Edge separating can be fixed with elmers or rubber cement depending on how it's separating and how much.

Post pics?
>>
>>55327115
It's minor, just some edge lifting, and just a couple pieces.
>>
>>55327090
Not familiar with it. Been meaning to try out enamel paints (as opposed to sharpies) to paint the edges of cardboard but I'm not the most steady handed so it's a low priority project. Not water based though, so that might give you a sealed edge once you glue stuff down.
>>
>>55327094
If you get 8 people, I have routinely seen games end with 2-3 people never getting to touch an agenda

And if I have less than that, I'd rather play Avalon
>>
File: pic3189350_lg.jpg (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pic3189350_lg.jpg
1MB, 1024x1024px
Jazzed about Aeon's End coming soon. Backed the War Eternal Kickstarter at the 'get everything' level, since I don't own the game yet but think it's rad.

Also looking forward to these whenever they come: Hero Realms final stuff, Thunderstone Quest, Grimslingers, Dr. Necreaux, Dinosaur Island, Gloomhaven, Deep Space D6, One Deck Dungeon 2, AEGIS, Star Realms Frontiers

>>55307223
Quantum roolz at 3-4, okay at 2.
>>55317225
Seconding Element.
>>
File: 1501902079821.png (818KB, 804x512px) Image search: [Google]
1501902079821.png
818KB, 804x512px
>>55280810
Not really - I pretty much buy all my board games online. I can't justify spending $180 on a game like Rebellion when I can get it online for $100.
That being said I do buy things like the occasional booster pack or card sleeves from them.
>>
>>55280810
No. Money. Also the people there are elitists.
However, I am willing to support games printed and sold in the US or sane countries. I hate that China is the #1 boardgame source. CGE making their own games is rad.

Plane flight from upper Michigan down to Gen Con. Bought some neat stuff there! BGG trade from Washington state.
>>
File: Poor cat.png (159KB, 647x499px) Image search: [Google]
Poor cat.png
159KB, 647x499px
I don't. If I played something like MTG where I would want to show up on a weekly basis I might. But I play games at home with friends largely, so there isn't a point to actually using the store to play games. And the prices are a huge factor. I can get steep discounts online, which is going to be important when I inevitably pick up my copies of TI4 and Gloomhaven among other hugely expensive games. Also 60% of their stock is just Funko Pop figures and various "Collectibles", so I have a reason to hate them.

From the UK via Ebay once. I remember buying some knockoff YuGiOh cards in China when I was a kid if that counts. People actually liked the crazy foil jobs that they had, and traded me actual cards in exchange for them. Shit was so cash.
>>
>>55326569
This is the most retarded thing ive read on bgg in a long time
>>
>>55327094
The game is internally self balancing because it's a coin flip who wins. Of course the win rate is 50/50
>>
>>55328146
>Jazzed about Aeon's End coming soon.

I missed the KS on this one. What has you hyped about it in terms of game play? I'm awaiting the latest Exodus expansion, and Empires of the Void II from KS (along with minis from the OGRE minis KS).
>>
>>55327706
I'm not sure that enamel paints would be a good choice to paint cardboard. I'd highly recommend doing some test runs on some similar card stock first. Enamel in general doesn't play well with card / paper based media. You might be better off using an acrylic paint without much water. When it drys it forms a polymer film. It might be a better option.
>>
>>55329360
>the latest Exodus expansion
Isn't that out of reach forever for non-backers?
>>
>>55328191
Who are those land whales?
>>
>>55329396
I'm not sure either, that's why it's an experiment on my list, I also need a game I don't give a shit about (or some spare cardboard punch sheets) to really test it with. I've painted with acrylic before and while it hasn't caused any splits I wasn't really thrilled with the coverage or the final product (color didn't match up how I wanted). Then again I've heard horror stories of people spraying varnish on a board and the paper peeling off the chipboard. I've never had it go wrong, but apparently if you use the wrong product/formula, or apply it poorly you're in a world of shit.

Still, it's an experiment I need to do, assuming I can find a game I don't care about and some cheap enamel around the house.
>>
File: 1504898642369.jpg (753KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504898642369.jpg
753KB, 1920x1080px
>>55329590
Big guy
>>
>>55280810
No store or BG cafe around here has a community that's worth a damn. The only place I can game at is Panera, where we have a nice little weekly group.

I buy games exclusively online. I've once had Keyflower shipped to me from the UK just to avoid the Game Salute logo shitting up my box.
>>
>>55329731
Gotcha. My issue with enamels would be that their spirit / thinner based and can have issues with damaging the paper / card stock or potentially damaging the ink on your components. Hopefully you still have some punch-boards from a few old games sitting around. As for varnish - since it's a chemical curing process, it's very sensitive to temperature and humidity.
>>
>>55329858
Yeah I'm kicking myself for tossing the punch sheets that came the other week (grabbed Coin age for $3 off the BGG store) before playing around with it, but the list of projects grows ever longer anyhow. I finally found the card image file for Glory to Rome (white box/clamshell edition) so now that's one step closer to never getting done. I keep hoping STEEV will take care of the Ed Carter problem when he removes Brian Herbert; the scanning/retheming of not-Dune to Dune is too much for me.
>>
>>55329360
I really enjoy cooperative "beat the deck games" and this one turns it on it's head with a few unique mechanisms. Notably:
-Player order is determined by a deck. Four cards for the players, and 2 for the boss.
-It is a deckbuilder. But you need to pay attention to the order you discard in, because when you make your deck again to draw up to 5: You don't shuffle! Flip over discard as is, that is now your deck. Additionally: Some bosses will make you shuffle your deck/discard!
-Also Breaches, which is a cool mechanism but hard to explain here
-Many different bosses to beat. Not just slight variations but fundamentally different.
-Each player/character has their own unique deck
-maybe other stuff I forget

So for longevity and expansions, Aeon's End has a lot of legs because they can keep releasing new characters to play and bosses to beat. I think watching this is what convinced me, but Rahdo's will help you understand more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDEL6dx1hAk
>>
>>55330092
Thanks. I'll have to add it to my 'wish list'.
>>
>>55329590
They're the reason why Scam Citizen is in debt to the tune of millions. Well, that and hilarious mis-management.
>>
>Do you support your FLGS?

Not really. I'll go there to buy sleeves or something like that, but I live right outside St Louis so if I drive an extra 5 minutes I can go to Miniature Market's retail location and save a huge ass chunk of money
>>
File: pic3019101_md.jpg (195KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
pic3019101_md.jpg
195KB, 500x362px
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/6z83ap/an_accessibility_analysis_of_one_deck_dungeon/

Why aren't you guys supporting this game? Are you toxic men threatened by a game when it doesn't feature strong, muscular men? You're not a sexist, are you?
>>
File: 1504888367022.png (867KB, 535x700px) Image search: [Google]
1504888367022.png
867KB, 535x700px
>>55331050
>I'm a white male
Stopped reading there. Scum forgot to check his privilege.
>>
>>55325065
Yup, picture of last black friday. Got Millennium Blades, Galaxy Trucker, and Time Stories.
I'm in this picture.

>>55324988
I've heard some fun stories about the making of Rebellion while there from some of the workers. Apparently it wasn't a lose condition to lose control of Coruscant for most of the development, then they found no imperial players had any desire to hold onto it as a planet. One of my friends works as a playtester for Armada even just because he showed up there playing it so much.
>>
Have you ever produced a game for yourselves, /tg/?
Not for KS, not for retail, but a single copy of your own design?
If yes, what was that and how did you make it? How much time did it take?
We are planning to make a sci-fi dungeon crawler just for ourselves with my friends (with miniatures)
>>
>>55332855
I'm in the early planning of a Star Trek game which will basically just mash together everything I like about a ton of other space 4x-ish games.
>>
>>55331050
Yea I'm threatened by possibly wasting my hard-earned money on bad games when in this particular case, one of their major selling points is a sexual statement
>>
>>55331821
>I'm in this picture.

Don't tell me... You're the one wearing a jacket, right? And I'm old, so I can't tell - is the guy throwing gang signs part of the Crips or the Bloods?
>>
File: One of these...png (205KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
One of these...png
205KB, 552x414px
>>55332984
> Space 4x - crush all in your path to Empire...
> Star Trek - a 5 year mission of peace and exploration...
>a Star Trek game which will mash together everything I like about a ton of other space 4x-ish games.

MFW...
>>
>>55333345
Well of course the Federation faction will have mechanics tending more toward exploration ad diplomacy than expansion and militarism.
>>
i've been looking at thunderstone quest kickstarter's page. is it worth it buy in? i want a game to play with my friends even if we rarely meet up.
>>
>>55280810
How much games and what titles should I buy at Essen 2017 ?
>>
>>55333807

Boardgamegeek
Go check out their Spiel Preview list of all the games
Then you can mark down whether you think they're good or not.
>>
>>55333807
You won't know until a year from now.

For example, look at what was hyped for last year:

http://www.dicetower.com/game-video/top-10-anticipated-essen-spiel-2016-games

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/3vg1dm/most_anticipated_games_of_2016/

A list of 'literally what?' games.

Meanwhile conspicuously missing are the only two good games that came out in 2016: Great Western Trail and A Feast for Odin.

It takes *at least* six months (ideally a year) to review a game properly.
>>
>>55331050
>https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/6z83ap/an_accessibility_analysis_of_one_deck_dungeon/

Dude did you even read any of what he said? He said that the game has the exact same problem as all male cast games.

Quote:
Having an all-woman cast when looked at the aggregate of all games everywhere is fine. Good, even. However, for this specific game there’s now a scenario where men don’t have a character with which they can personally identify. It would be great if that wasn’t a problem, but it is. If it’s a problem that women often don’t have a character option with which they can identify, and I believe that is a problem, it doesn’t stop being a problem for men just because there are lots of other games out there with all male rosters. If someone wants to play this particular game, and they absolutely should because it’s great, it’s not ideal if they can’t take on a role with which they identify. Games like Imperial Settlers, with reversible character portraits, do a better job with this.
>>
File: IMG_0620.jpg (76KB, 683x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0620.jpg
76KB, 683x354px
>>55331219
Can't argue with this logic
>>
>>55327566
you can basically use elmers as wood stablizer, thin with water. test of course on shit.

wood stabilizer would probably work

either way would be good for fanning cardboard, where it splits like the pages of a book. you'll have to apply pressure while it drys

if it's a single layer then rubber cement applied to both surfaces in a very thin layer, allow to dry completely then it's a permanent bond when you press them together. it's a mounting technique for art and photos, but I've used it to repair a metric shitton of kids board books over the last few years.

anyway I don't think you can go wrong if you do test pieces on crap games
>>
>>55334312
Faggot should off himself at the soonest opportunity. Absolutely nothing of value would be lost. Maybe he can go hang out in his closest nigaboo area, that's pretty much suicide right.
>>
>>55329731
use your moms nail polish while she's out whoring

>enamel
>cardboard
ISHIGGITY tho
>>
File: aF7DOUs.gif (294KB, 364x363px) Image search: [Google]
aF7DOUs.gif
294KB, 364x363px
>>55334072
>>55334312

>Someone actually reading the article
>Writer turns out to be obviously liberal leaning but level headed and understanding
>>
File: goldfish%201-thumb.jpg (75KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
goldfish%201-thumb.jpg
75KB, 500x511px
>>55329846
>had Keyflower shipped to me from the UK just to avoid the Game Salute logo shitting up my box

noble
>>
>>55330092
that sounds cool as hell
>>
>>55331050
I never even noticed because I was too mad about the dice being lightweight chinese shit with tons of flaws.
>>
>>55334705
>liberal leaning
>level headed and understanding

Does not remotely compute.
>>
>>55334825
Tim go back to /pol/
>>
>>55332855
I have all the stuff to make a production level prototype but I haven't tried to come up with a game yet.

What's your production budget roughly? As in how much dosh are you willing to throw at your one-off?
>>
File: retard.jpg (103KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
103KB, 604x453px
>>55334705
>Writer turns out to be obviously liberal leaning but level headed and understanding
>>
>all this anger
The only emotion you should have about One Deck Dungeon is amazement that Cieslek got a game to market at all without Carl Chudyk doing all the work. What's he had 6 failed kickstarters for his Consequential app based abomination?
>>
File: 1503588075743.jpg (17KB, 281x246px) Image search: [Google]
1503588075743.jpg
17KB, 281x246px
>>55334825
>>55334876
>Literally not reading the article and just reacting to the person
>>
File: 1456837269274.jpg (49KB, 800x546px) Image search: [Google]
1456837269274.jpg
49KB, 800x546px
So I've been playing Axis & Allies: Europe, what I believe to be it's first version where most of the USSR consists of huge land tiles, and from what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be any actual counter to a German player that just builds 8 tanks every turn and sends the whole thing directly towards Moscow in one huge panzer doomstack. I spend the first turn emptying the unimportant parts of Europe and pile them up on the eastern front, then send all my subs to sink ships to keep the allies occupied, then just spammed tanks and took Moscow by turn three. I even messed up and build bombers and fighters on turn two to help out against the western powers but it made no difference. Granted the soviet player did make the mistake of leaving Moscow empty for one turning meaning I could blitz it after wiping out his army in the tile before him, but I would likely only have slowed me down by one turn.
>>
File: QuarterMaster General 02.jpg (386KB, 1200x780px) Image search: [Google]
QuarterMaster General 02.jpg
386KB, 1200x780px
>>55334983
Is there an actual question in all of that?

(Perhaps QMG might be more your thing?)
>>
File: dbt.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dbt.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>55334918
literally did not even read

why is that relevant to dumb ass pol-tier posts like
>>55334705
>>55334995
>Liberal leaning is literally all I need to know
doesn't need any further interpretation to disregard as pol tier koolaid canned response.
>>
>>55335347
Nice pic - might have to save it for a future 'General' image.
>>
File: literally.jpg (38KB, 400x412px) Image search: [Google]
literally.jpg
38KB, 400x412px
>>55335318
those sloppy cards
>>
File: autism starter.png (416KB, 1268x668px) Image search: [Google]
autism starter.png
416KB, 1268x668px
>>55335394
here you go, bgg approved format
>>
>>55335347
One of those 'canned response's is saying that the writer is fair and balanced.
>>
>>55335524
yes, for a complete retard your point is almost salient.

see? I paid you a complement.
>>
File: pic2380395.jpg (591KB, 1604x1669px) Image search: [Google]
pic2380395.jpg
591KB, 1604x1669px
So I'm on travel for work, a ton.. over this weekend I pnp Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling, which is this really cool little microgame for one player. Only 18 cards, sci-fi, and fun mechanics. Are there any other games similar to this?
>>
>>55334842
depends, if our graphic designer friend is in, and willing to do the assets for free, then one major expense will be sorted. if not, we'll just pay him.
The other big part would be the miniatures, since we need to buy a lot from different manufacturers.
apart from that, no pre-budget, we will be spending ad-hoc as it is needed and as we have the money.
but basically we'll just play with proxies until its ready, after then, we can start spending money onto finalising.
>>
>>55335318
>>55334983
I realized I might have forgotten the question, then hoped people would react on the first mention of there being no counter.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what the Bongs and Burgers could do to prevent them from rushing the Soviets.
>>
>>55335710
>Deep Space D-6
>Mech Capture
There's more here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1787772/2017-solitaire-print-and-play-contest
>>
>>55335479
>comic sans
>those transparent segments for max triggering
Love it
>>
>>55335805
Hammer the Axis on the Western Front so they can't just shift everything to the Eastern Front?
>>
>>55336161
Have and adore dsd6, I've checked that list a couple of times. I guess I'm looking for something with more production quality like DNFM and dsd6. I know those are ameautur games and that's cool, I love indie, but I need the aesthetics to match the gameplay
>>
>>55336315
Speaking of board gaming and Autism...

My next big game order is going to be more sleeves. (Not to be confused with more STEEVs.) I've laminated about everything I could, but I still have cards I need to sleeve before I put my Cheeto-fingers all over them.
>>
>>55337477
>card STEEVs
They give you paper cuts when you're not touching the edges.

On topic fuck that anon who posted the TCC card sleeve reviews. That guy's autism is so fantastic I lost a whole day watching him review binders and pages, only to come back to the same conclusion that Office Max > board game products
>>
>>55337610
>TCC card sleeve reviews
What?
>>
>>55337694
Tolarian Community College
>>
>>55337694
Tolarian Community College, a MtG channel on youtube, the guy has 20+ review videos of deck boxes (2-4 boxes in each review) a dozen or so on binders, fifteen maybe on sleeves. It's completely useless, and absolutely wonderful in the worst way.
>>
>>55337447
>I guess I'm looking for something with more production quality like DNFM and dsd6
That may be a tall order to fill but I wish I could help some more. Let us know if you find any other good ones
>>
>>55337477
how do you sleeve them with cheeto fingers tho
>>
>>55338389
You'd think it would take a lot of nerds to gather enough cheeto fingers, but you can stretch and thin the skin pretty far due to the excess oils that will have soaked into the skin. You can get four, maybe fives cards worth of sleeves from a single cheeto finger.
>>
>>55338464
Holy shit anon
rip sides
rip lunch
>>
>>55307223
I enjoyed Photosynthesis when I played it, but I'm not sure I'd buy it. I like the sun mechanic, because it forces you to think about how your positioning will affect the next couple of turns instead of just being universally good, and it's certainly beautiful, but... I just don't know why, but something about it just didn't quite click with me. Might just need another play or two, though.
>>
File: Arena-main.jpg (55KB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
Arena-main.jpg
55KB, 400x310px
Guys Arena Maximus for 10$. Yay or nay?
I never heard of it, but components looks nice-ish and gameplay description doesn't show any retarded mechanics.

On the other hand I don't want to buy a game blindfolded only because it's cheap.
>>
>>55340359
I dunno, even if it blows you still only spent $10 and you could use the components for something else
>>
>>55280810

In case anyone is interested, CSI's current weekly sale has:

Robinson Crusoe - 2nd edition: MSRP $65 / current $32.99

SeaFall (SeaFail?): MSRP $79.95 / current $24.99
>>
>>55340639
>SeaFall: MSRP $79.95 / current $24.99
Saw that this morning, they really can't clearance those out, it's the 3rd or 4th time they've dropped it to 33% or less of MSRP. and people still won't buy it.

>>55340359
It's not one of the "good" silver line games but it's also not the absolute trash end of the line, I'd say it's like a solid 5.5ish (you might not hate it, but you'd pass on playing it most of the time). I wouldn't buy it, but only because it has no purpose in my collection. It's not one I'd toss out to casual gamers, and it can take a while to play (that 60min playtime can go to 90) so it's not a filler. Plus it's not really a great racing game, and there's PLENTY of those out there.

Silver line as a whole catalog? Death Angel/Citadels/Colossal Arena/Through the Desert; I'd buy just because they're cheap (assuming you find them cheap). Age of War if I really wanted to roll dice, LotR the Confrontation if I couldn't get my hands on the deluxe or big box editions. The rest I'd ignore just because none of them stand out.
>>
>>55340359
First thought to me is that it looks kind of cool based on the box-art. Worth a risk at $10 imo.
>>
>>55280810
Nope!

Selection is awful for anything other than Magic, and prices aren't great. They expect you to order anything if you want them to carry it, but don't offer any discounts for doing so, and don't actually process orders in a reasonable time frame.

Add to that that half of the staff sits outside and smokes all day, at all times, and it's just offputting.

We play at home, and order online. Nothing is lost.

If I'm traveling and find a nice game store I do try to make a point of buying something though.
>>
>>55341828
Speaking of the silver line games, how good is Red November?
>>
>>55343674
I'd prolly put it in with the "good" batch, or if not just barely outside. I don't currently own it, which is odd since I'm the anti-STEEV and need all the co-ops, but if a copy came along for $10-18 I'd snatch it up ($20 would be hard, I loathe paying MSRP). This is of course assuming we're talking about only the Silver Line version, not the 2e that came out later with an inflated price and that 10" square box.

>good
I love the higher player count on this one (it's actually better with 4-6 gnomes), but you can also do fewer people with multiple gnomes. It's also wonderfully thematic, and the bang for buck on this one is pretty good (no empty Splendor box here). It's also got a lot of the bones that helped form the co-op genre over the last decade, so it's not refined but it's still very comfortable for a fan of cooperative games.

>bad
It's a puzzle (not too different from any other co-op) but resolution comes through dice rolling, mitigated with time/items, but still it's a d10 check. It's got the common "alpha gamer" issue, where one person can sort of dominate, but that's pretty much all co-ops. It's also not one I'd use as an intro, Flash Point is better, Forbidden Island/Desert/Stars is better; but I could easily put this out instead of Pandemic, for a puzzle once someone knows how games, and co-ops work. Plus there's the biggest problem
>FFG cancelled the Silver Line series
though if you can find it at a LGS, convention, or online auction problem solved.
>>
>>55343998
I saw an auction on BGG, and I was interested, but now that I go to buy, it was already taken. RIP
>>
>>55344164
Must've missed that auction; good news though, there's a very good copy in the marketplace for $8 (+8 shipping) and one that's like new, just out of shrink for $10 + ship. I'd almost buy one myself but I just got a copy of Cash n Guns I won in an auction delivered today. Opened it, saw the state of things and now that needs some extra money pumped into it.
>>
File: hoc.png (291KB, 679x310px) Image search: [Google]
hoc.png
291KB, 679x310px
My friend won't shut up about this game, telling me it plays really good and "I'll be impressed." He says it's Dominion but interactive and fun. I say it looks like anime trash.

Has anyone played this?
>>
>>55345345
It's definitely got more to it than Dominion, but it's also weebish (I haven't gotten a full play though, just a quick demo at Gencon). If you want a thorough review Nick did one of the Jap version a couple years back. I don't always trust his reviews, since he seems one step away from asking people to call him onii-san but he also seems to be the only person who covers these type of games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_wS4iNP05Q
>>
>>55345697
I saw his video but stopped like 2 minutes in, so much cringe. Shame. I really like deckbuilders but I'd also like to not alienate like 99% of my friends who play board games too
>>
>>55345863
I honestly think I could sell some people on "Disney princess" theme, but yeah it's pretty bad. The art is different in the Japanime games edition though I think.
>>
>>55341828
>and people still won't buy it.
Good reason for that. As a man who played through it with friends it was such a huge waste. The game falls apart as no one seemed to have stopped Rob when he made exploration abilities worth 4 times as much as any other stat in terms of victory point earnage. Especially 2/3rds of the easy through the game when they just stop giving you milestones devoted to anything else.
>>
>>55345987
It was what proved to me Rob Daviau can't create a game from scratch; at least not on his own. The guy is fine if someone else gives him a core and say "riff on this" but letting him build something from the ground up was a huge mistake. I'd be worried about Fireball Island, except the team at Restoration seems to keep his idiocy in check
>>
>>55343998
>Forbidden Island/Desert/Stars
>Stars
Man what?
>>
>>55346124
Was wondering if someone would catch that, go check the archives for >>55063156
>>
>>55341828
>it's the 3rd or 4th time they've dropped it to 33% or less of MSRP. and people still won't buy it.

Unfortunately for CSI this game seems to be dead weight dragging the rest of the inventory down. There are a few others that were expensive duds that they haven't been able to off-load on anyone. But this is unfortunately perhaps the 'most hyped' failure of recent memory.

>>55345987
>>55346077
I think a lot of people really 'wanted' to like this game. But the game play itself just didn't justify it. Which is why I'm glad I didn't jump on board the hype-train prior to this game's release.
>>
>>55346264
I still blame the hype on the fact there's a lack of a very strong story driven game out there. It's why people still play and recommend Tales of the Arabian Nights despite it's age, it's why Pandemic Legacy is #1 on BGG, it's why people were desperate enough to buy and feel hype for the new Betrayal. Good mechanics are paramount (otherwise Betrayal would be ranked highly) but when there's a story over top that hooks you the entire experience is exponentially better.
>>
>>55346416
That has me thinking, how would you all design a story driven game that wasn't hot garbage?
>>
>>55346516
Personally? By stealing what other people have done and putting my own riff on it. Works for Daviau
>campaign based dungeon crawl using someone else's intelligent mechanics, slap a generic fantasy theme, drop quarterly gazettes like Heroes of Normandie with new spells/gear and the next missions to keep it fresh for low cost
So many people are looking for an RPG in a box (Descent), or some kind of persistent world where your actions change things (KDM) I really think this could easily be a thing, but you'd have to give up the plastic minis and go to cardboard of some kind, or cards to keep it going. Or limit minis to the heroes only.

>steal the Wings of Glory/X-Wing/Attack Wing system combined with the HotAC AI, build a massive campaign either WWII or in generic space fighter, if you want to be really crazy make it dragon riding chainmail bikini warriors
There's so many games that give you the tools for making better games, whether that's mechanically or components. I really want to sit down and write a long SW campaign one day for this, but honestly I don't want to deal with the playtesting
>>
>>55346264
> There are a few others that were expensive duds that they haven't been able to off-load on anyone.
What are the others?
>>
File: ragetears.jpg (53KB, 396x282px) Image search: [Google]
ragetears.jpg
53KB, 396x282px
Meetup happened. Played the slowest most painful game of machi koro ever along with someone who's B.O. really belonged in the FLGS, then an uninspired game of Roll for the Galaxy.

As a reward for losing all night, I got to get chewed out by the librarians for not orienting the tables correctly, having three groups of tables not two and yadda yadda. Apparently it didn't matter the room was literally trashed by the previous group, tables in disarray, stacks of chairs randomly out all of which we had to put away and to top it off we got to spent the first 15 minutes of the meetup wiping sticky goo off the tables. But clearly, we should have known better and cleaned up even more of their mess.

On top of that while I was upstairs being scolded about the room some of our members were chastised for walking out the doors at 3 past closing. Three fucking minutes. I swear we've all left later, I don't know what was up everybody's ass tonight but it sucked because it came down on me for being substitute host.

Overall not a great evening but at least I got to play a few games, right?
>>
File: sadfee.jpg (147KB, 985x685px) Image search: [Google]
sadfee.jpg
147KB, 985x685px
>>55346899
>Played the slowest most painful game of machi koro ever
I'm so sorry anon, I know that feeling. One girl at our group pulled it out while she was shitfaced drunk and we had to explain the rules of the game to her every time it came back around to her.
>>
>>55347222
jesus, how fucked up do you have to be to not get machi koro?
>>
>>55346899
>slowest most painful game
I know your feel bro

We got to play Le Havre with our group yesterday and it was first real euro my gf could check. Unfortunatelly, 5 players, some minor distractions along the way + prolonged rules explanation make it all last 4.5 hours.

4.5 hours of moving tokens around. Too bad because I feel I could really like this game but my second hand probably won't touch any euros for a long moment now.

The owner had good intentions but It was too hardcore for first time players.

>>55340521
>I dunno, even if it blows you still only spent $10 and you could use the components for something else
Components are just bunch of cardboard.
If I followed this methodology I would have to pay hundreds of mediocre games, that's why I first come here to ask.

>>55341828
Thanks for this comment. It actually put me off away from buying it. I guess it's better not to buy just for the sake of buying.
>>
>>55348392
6 of us played massive darkness (1st time) on saturday.
Started at 2 o clock
I left at 20.30
The others have finished 23.00
>>
>>55346658
Galactic Rebellion, a $150msrp game that got mostly panned in the reviews

And I can't remember the other one, but it's got the three concentric rings that spin and you're trying to escape a sort of prison thing. Got middling reviews and is also expensive as fuck.
>>
>>55280810
how much do the mini expansion, and water mini expansion from caverna add?

i can either pay 65 euro to get the dutch(1st language) version plus mini's(in that specific shop only)
or pay 40 euro and get the english version(shop i work at so wholesale) without minis, and they seem expensive to get in english.
>>
>see a new version of Tanto Cuore with a white-haired prettyboy on the front
>really excited at the idea that a board game is actually pandering to my demographic for the first time in history, cute boys finally replacing cute girls in literally any context
>can't wait to play it with my bf and laugh at how dumb it is
>go to the ks page
>it's just the exact same girl-centered game as before, but now you can also get the girls into relationships with these guys, further reinforcing the existing demographic of straight male weebs and not actually addressing what i hoped it would at all

I shouldn't have expected them to go off-book, there's no reason for a company to do that. Still, though...
I was honestly still going to buy it, but it looks like a more "advanced" version of the original game, and I haven't played the base yet, so I may start with that.

I maintain that if they made a version where you play as a rich female character employing lots of hot butlers, they'd get a better reaction than they'd expect. I know a lot of women who are into Tanto Cuore as a kind of "Played it specifically because it was slightly offensive and extremely japanese, turned out to be great" thing. This would appeal to them, and a lot of other people.
>>
File: pic2089536.jpg (2MB, 2545x2591px) Image search: [Google]
pic2089536.jpg
2MB, 2545x2591px
Got to play Vivajava: The Coffee Game: The Dice Game at Washingcon!

I really enjoyed it. I am definitely of the camp that wants to get the scoresheets laminated, because I can't fucking deal with the idea that I'm writing all over board game components that I only have 50 of, but ignoring that, the game has huge amounts of charm. The theme is great, the decisions are... not exactly challenging, but satisfying.

The powers are really cool, and I feel like they carry the game. This game has soooo many combinations of powers that the game will always feel unique and strange, as long as you keep shuffling them out.

That's why I'm really glad I have the expansion now, as it adds a lot of extra powers that do over-the-top absurd things. The Lite coaster, with 5 generic powers on it designed to be easy to understand, is fine, but it feels a little like a tech demo. I can't wait to be playing it with a power that adds an entirely new Blend coaster, a power that lets you push tokens through a brewery to squeeze out VP, a power that lets you research specific combos to get a big payoff later, a power that destroys enemy blends, etc.

My biggest complaint is that there are only two blends in the base game. Seems overly restrictive. Luckily, you can change that.

Overall, I recommend it.

>>55347291
Not very, if at all, in my experience. I've had sober people act the same way.

Of course, those people were generally the sort who intentionally retreat into their phones during rules explanations, then bang their fists and whine like a baby "just start the game, i'll figure it out!!!" until the explainer finally submits. Then they lose by miles and say the game is dumb.

Which is honestly my top-level example of why humanity is fucked. We bred a race so distracted, flightly, self-absorbed and stimulation-addicted that they literally cannot pay attention to even five minutes of conversation unless it's for self-preservation. Ugh. /armchairpsychology
>>
I realize I can't stand most worker placement euro games, because of the lack of RNG/hidden information. Non-social games I enjoy usually have significant RNG or hidden info, such as Carcassonne, Stockpile, Machi Koro, etc. Either with drawn tiles or card.

Without RNG or hidden information, I'd rather play Chess or Xiangqi

Anyone else feel something similar or otherwise?
>>
>>55351610
>Anyone else feel something similar or otherwise?
No, we're not brainless plebs.
>>
>>55346171
Gamewright really dropped the bail by letting someone else get the title first. Tell me you wouldn't be interested in a Cooperative game set in the crumbling wreck of a massive derelict spaceship, trying desperately to escape as your oxygen reserves slowly dwindle.
>>
>>55352306
If Leacock ever does a 3rd for Gamewright (and it's unlikely because he enjoys building money forts out of Pandemic Legacy $) that's an easy enough fix: Forbidden Frontiers

Besides, the copyright only applies to the game theme, you could still do a Forbidden Stars that's not WH40K based. Look at the two games named Pit Crew that just came out within a year of each other.
>>
>>55351872
Show me an pure euro that isn't "opponent does X, I do Y"
Which is the fucking same as Chess but with 10 times the downtime.
>>
>>55280810

Yes, both in fact! Though my regular shop focuses more on TCGs but I support both.
>>
>>55352436
>Show me an pure euro that isn't "opponent does X, I do Y"
Show me an pure ameritrash that isn't "opponent does X, I do Y"
Which is the fucking same as Yahtzee but with 10 times the length and cost.
>>
>>55352306
>>55352415
'Forbidden Planet' is a better name that makes more sense as the third in the series.
>>
>>55351610
are you ten years old or just not very bright? cant imagine any other reason you would feel this way
>>
>>55352436
show me literally any game in creation that isnt opponent does x, i do y
>>
>>55353199
I'd buy Forbidden Planet, but it sounds like the title to a bad 1950s/60s sci-fi movie.
>>
>>55351119
Honestly I'm a straight dude and I'd be more likely to get the version with ripped butlers because it'd be easier to get people to play. Even my mom would be able to laugh at that idea, whereas a game where we're buying women with love points makes most non-weebs uncomfortable
>>
>>55351428
Why do you continue to play games with those types of people? I'm honestly curious. There is no reason you can't find legitimate people to play games with if you put in some effort.
>>
>>55351610
Nah, I can get on board with that. The only worker placements I like are Viticulture and Unearth, and they thrive on randomness.
>>
>>55353558
>calling unearth worker placement
casul[/spoiler
>>
>>55280810
I mean, I support it by buying games from it, but I rarely participate in the community. They tend to play a different game every week, and the games I like tend to be too involved to really get into on the first playthrough.
>>
>>55353358
Yeah, exactly. I've played Marrying Mr. Darcy with tons of straight guys, the fact that you're all vying to acquire men is just hilarious, and usually results in all the men putting on their best silly old-timey baroness voices and criticizing each others' uncouth behavior that would never attract a gentleman. It's the best. I feel like genderswapped Tanto Cuore would be similar. Call it a double standard or don't, but the original version will still always look creepy to lots of people, in a way that a swapped version wouldn't.

>>55353382
Oh, I have plenty of great people to play with, I am just also very welcoming when it comes to the hobby, so if anyone at all asks to come game with us, I'll say of course, absolutely! And some of these people don't expect to have to put in even minimal effort, which I just wasn't to know until I gamed with them for the first time.

It's not like we tell a random dudebro to come play Terra Mystica with us - we do normally make things simple on purpose with guests. Never any game more complicated than Pandemic. But they still sometimes don't get it.

Most people totally do get it, even people you'd never expect! But there will always be that sort of person, and you can never tell until it's too late. The nicest person in the world could also be someone unwilling to ever learn rules. It's just to do with how they were raised, I guess.
>>
>>55353627
Hey, at least it's not Ticket to Ride
>>
>>55280810
Absolutely! They hold this entire community together. They have open gaming for hours every single week. Without them, literally thousands of us wouldn't be gamers! The entire city - a big city, one you'd know the name of - comes specifically there, as it's the only central one, so it's the best place to get together for gaming regardless of the situation. The least I can do is buy all their amazing things.

The furthest I've bought a game, or brought a game?

The furthest away I've bought a game in person is London - I bought a copy of 10' to Kill from a shop there on a brief vacation. I live in America, so that's pretty far. I have bought a used game on the internet to be shipped from a guy in Australia, though.

If you meant to say the furthest I've brought one, well, I brought Mint Works to London on the aforementioned trip. So that. Turned out to be a really good idea, because not only did it keep my bf and I occupied together, but we both ended up in situations at least once where one of us was stuck alone in the hotel and got bored enough without internet to solo it a lot. It's got a great solo mode.
>>
>>55354244
Honestly Tanto Cuore needs a ground up re-theme. It's not exactly a Dominion killer, but it'd be a solid replacement for a lot of people, just not with full on harem anime theme. Maybe if they did a historical photo edition like Barbarossa/El Alamein and set it in Victorian England
>>
>>55354398
I agree, but the difference is Barbarossa was already war themed. The theme of Tanto would have to be completely changed if they didnt wanna just gender swap it.

Not that that's a bad thing, I just don't see it happening since it would take more time/effort to do than Barbarossa.
>>
>>55354720
Eh, you could keep the theme, the art is as off-putting for a lot of people, and a gender swap while intriguing, could easily be just as creepy. Not saying it would definitely be, but it's just as easy to do scantily clad butlers as maids (if they were going after the fujo crowd instead of the lonely neets)
>>
>>55287199
I don't like the high edges but besides that looks amazing.
>>
File: bonedweare.png (176KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
bonedweare.png
176KB, 550x512px
>>55355574
Have you read none of the previous discussion? Jesus Christ, I thought reddit was bad for people responding without reading.....
>>
>>55355861
You misunderstand me, I'm saying keep the shitty maid theme, put it in a Victorian era, use historical photos (or staged to look that way) it's more palatable to people than weeb art. The art is as much a problem as the theme. Plenty of people will avoid SDE/AQ/Krosmaster because of the chibi art, despite wanting a generic fantasy dungeon crawl/arena.

Just genderswapping might help some people, but it won't help others. Yes Marrying Mr Darcy is cute and allows for that roleplay aspect described above, but if the game is still covered in anime art people aren't going to give it a fair shake.
>>
>>55356022
I personally think buying women with love points or whatever the fuck they call it is the problem more than the art, but I did initially misunderstand you. I know some hyper liberals who would be more offended by using historical or near historical photos because it would go from "weird asian" uncomfortable to "women really were basically sold back then" uncomfortable.

Yes, I know some liberals. Sorry for mentioning that on 4chan.
>>
>>55356208
Completely understandable, my sister's a liberal we've long since given up hope for a cure

I agree the buying women is a big issue, but look at something like Heart of Crown, it's got a lot of buzz and the new edition has very nice art, but people are going to be turned off by the fringe aspect of the art. If you slapped literal Disney princesses on it, the thing would sell out in minutes. There was also that co-op that came out earlier where the princess is a beast and you're clearing the board for her to retake her kingdom...... key something? Reviewers agreed it was unique, lots of fun, but it's not going to sell at all like it could because they just brought a Japanese game over and only changed the text
>>
File: pic3471375.jpg (472KB, 829x829px) Image search: [Google]
pic3471375.jpg
472KB, 829x829px
>>55356271
Unicornus Knights, I was way off on the name. AEG has a friendly cover on it, and to people already in the hobby it'll appeal. To some random parent/grandparent looking to get a game to play with the kids, they'll see the art, the "Big in Japan" and think, nah that's not for us.
>>
>>55356311
>Big in Japan
Wow, so they aren't even pretending this game has universal appeal. Interesting, but AEG does some (imo) stupid marketing things, like the black box.
>>
>>55280810
Why are Honoka and Kotori wearing first year bows?
>>
>>55299299
Dead Last goes up to 12, IIRC
>>
File: pic3225030_lg.jpg (355KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pic3225030_lg.jpg
355KB, 1024x768px
>>55356518
Yeah I saw the box at Gencon and immediately thought oh that's a shame. The art doesn't even fully gel, look at this set of character cards; the merchant and hermit look like they belong in an entirely different game. Now the art is really well done, I can't fault that, but the generic fantasy would likely have sold better if all the art was like that.

It's disappointing that BIG in Japan is going to hurt sales, because really we get some excellent games from them, but since you already know that, why the fuck are you putting it on the box? Love Letter sold exceptionally well when AEG slapped the Tempest universe art on it, and resulted in what 15? 20? versions of it now.

If replacing the art is too expensive (likely a concern) then try like hell to play up the fact that the princess is the hero. Don't mention where the game came from, just mention how many copies sold on it. Write up the text on the back of the box so it sounds like some animated princess movie you've seen from Pixar/Dreamworks in the last decade. Otherwise you're just leaving money on the table
>>
>>55356679
One of the issues with retheming is HOW WELL the game mechanics and the fantasy in general theme works with anime fightan princess. It just fits so damn well.
>>
>>55356841
Agreed, if you don't have a good theme to match the mechanics you've only got half a game. Still I've gotta think this is a marketing misstep that's going to cost AEG some money unless a LOT of very positive reviews come out and hype the english edition of this.
>>
>>55356679
Ya I see what you mean about the art, which is a shame because it is all well done. I really agree that they should have played up the female lead, especially in a game with Asian influence since the average idiot in America assumes every other country hates women.
>>
>>55356841
Honestly they could probably just put the women in more realistic (read: less revealing) outfits on the cards and it would probably be a lot easier to get people to at least give it a chance. I don't need safe spaces but I can admit that there's no practical reason for anyone to dress like that if we are to believe these are people in the midst of battle.
>>
>>55356912
I just go back to when I got SDE. I've got loads of friends who are big fans of generic fantasy, and are video gamers who grew up during the 8bit era so the idea of Gauntlet hack n slash is easy to grok. Then they see the models, the chibi art, and the half dressed barbarian/rogue/sorcerer, all of it goes out the window. Same sort of thing with Arcadia Quest, you lose a lot of people until you convince them to sit down and try it just for 10 minutes, then they're hooked. Problem is that doesn't move the game off the shelf if all people have to go on is the box and artwork posted online.
>>
>>55357031
I was really just saying that in reference to the dumbass idea of putting "Big in Japan" on the box cover. I feel you about the art overall.
>>
File: pic3568532.png (3MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pic3568532.png
3MB, 1200x1200px
Alrighty then, who's sufficiently hype'd
>>
>>55357277
I like the art and concept, sell me on it as a game though. Accomplished developer making it? Particularly strong demos that impressed some real people? Anything really strong mechanically about it? $60 is too much for a game that looking at it might very well be mediocre.
>>
File: where do you think we are.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>55357277
>hyped for a kickstarter that hasn't even launched
>/bgg/
C'mon anon

>>55357460
Same guys who made Trickerion and Anachrony,
>>
>>55357277
>Hyped for Kickstarter
>2017
Anon...
>>
>>55357622
Eh, lots of good things have come from Kickstarter. This one isn't even setting off the major red flag of "KS exclusives! Buy now, buuuuuuy!"
I'll give it a look and hype might be a little extreme for something like this, but the whole "Kickstarter REEEEEEE" thing is getting old.
>>
>>55357277
>Trickerion
>Anachrony
Welp, glad to see this finally kickstarted.
>>
>>55357670
It definitely doesn't have the cancerous CMoN practices, or the "this is my first game, I've tried to KS it four times before but this one is going to get more than 10%" but /bgg/ still is unlikely to get hyped over any KS these days.
>>
>>55353332
I'll word it better this time: The first player will take a specific X action that is the most viable action (since there is no RNG influencing his available choices), then the following players will act Y, Z, etc. because then those would be their most viable actions.

>>55353305
I can't stand it when the other players take so much time to figure what would be their best move, particularly when there is no hidden information and things are very obvious.
>>
>>55321932
>It is a social deduction game that makes deduction impossible due to how random the game is.
Only if the players never talk about what their draws were as president/chancellor are and they don't use the information to play the odds, anon. Get good.
>>
>>55361249
they can talk all they want but they can lie and the outcome is in no way influenced by them.

play real games with solid mechanics, anon
>>
File: 1705.03394.pdf (255KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1705.03394.pdf
255KB, 1x1px
>>55357572
>>hyped for a kickstarter that hasn't even launched
>>/bgg/
>C'mon anon
It has, you can even read the rules.
>>
>>55362034
Shit, wrong PDF.
>>
>>55362034
My bad, misread the date as the 13th. Still getting hyped over KS would require not knowing anything about KS at this point, or at the very least it requires something tangible beyond rules/updates. If I'm going to get hyped for anything these days, it's a product that actually exists and I can purchase and hold
>>
What are some of the better programming games out there? I've wanted to try one of these games out
>>
File: seriously.jpg (166KB, 516x387px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
166KB, 516x387px
>>55353382
>There is no reason you can't find legitimate people to play games with if you put in some effort.

Yeah you must be lucky or live in a city. I drive 45 minutes to my meetup, the nearest not-shit game place is further and most meetups are further yet.

Board games aside I haven't been able to find a 5e game for fucking years.

Anyway the real reason is my group is a meetup and we welcome all people. So far we've had a muslim who literally only came to learn english and didn't give a pigs fart for the actual games. It really fucks up your strategy when one of the players just keeps not doing anything, or doing only one thing without rhyme or reason. We've had two other muslim/arab, likely also ESL guys come through and one was fucking fantastic, the other just fine both because they were gamers.

Anotehr guy who came/comes on edibles and can't handle his gummy bears because he fades completely out as the evening goes on to the point he is staring at the ceiling and the table just starts skipping his turn.

I've tried to get the meetup director to kick both of these fuckers out but he was too spineless to even do a generic "don't come drunk or stoned" announcement, so the best I can do is avoid tables with them.

And then there's the old farts who only play their own games and literally won't learn anything new they haven't already mastered. The worst of them teaches poor strategy with the game so he can win.

This last time some fucking BO reeking might have been homeless guy comes in and we literally didn't know if he was there for the games or just wandered in while shooting heroine in the library.

It's good though that you only ever play with the same fully vetted people, you don't have to deal with this shit just to meet the few good ones and have lots of games with the average ones.
>>
File: 1452665504029.png (382KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
1452665504029.png
382KB, 600x376px
>>55357277
cool will definitely snap it up when it's on clearance in 2020 for $19

you know, if it's decent.

GET HYPE
>>
>>55362508
So talk to the competent people, make friends, and invite them to private gaming sessions you host. There's a whole world outside of your mother's basement anon, and once you learn to interact with the other occupants of this world your life will improve.
>>
>>55362427
Kinda depends on who's at the table, Robo Rally is actually pretty good (though VERY polarizing) you just need to make sure to play on a small map, with lots of checkpoints. Colt Express is lighter, but is also interesting with the way some cards are programmed face up. Dragon & Flagon uses a time mechanism where whoever is furthest behind in time spent keeps taking actions until others are at the same point in time. Robot Turtles is for small children, but an excellent teaching tool. Volt is a streamlined descendant of Robo Rally, Bomb Squad is the unholy child of Robo Rally and Hanabi. Can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's some where programming is at least part of the gameplay if not the core
>>
>bring pandemic and sheriff of Nottingham to a party
>"Anon, we already have games. Let's play Best of the Worst!"
>sure, why not. Never played before
>one page rules, read through and ready to play.
>they start and they're doing some janky house rules variant that is not fun

I hate house rules and you should too.
>>
File: IMG_1878.jpg (93KB, 680x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1878.jpg
93KB, 680x452px
What are so,e games with really good art and component quality?
I have trouble getting into a game if it's too abstract or plain.
I hate meeples.
>>
>>55362619
yeah no. It's like the guy who brought ttr:e and absolutely insisted we play over the grumbles of most of us, whips out the box then A) doesn't know how to play B) suggests we just skip all the "special" board spaces because he doesn't know what they're for and the one time he did play they just ignored them.

I can take one houserule if there is a good reason, I mean technically starting GWT at the cattle auction is a houserule but it makes teaching so much better. I'd like to houserule in Evolution:the beginning that you have to eat in order (long neck, carni, pond) because you can stuff your own animals from the pond then eat them keeping the food, but I won't because nobody who does that ever wins anyway. I honestly can't think of anything else.

But yeah, no I'm with you that would totally suck ass, the game is either awful or the players are, either way it's a huge red flag.
>>
>>55362649
Yashima. Has everything you are looking for and I happen to have a copy for sale. Beautiful boards, nice minis, full amazing art on all cards, excellent graphics. It is a smorgasbord of just fucking lovely, lovely components- hell even the box and the card backs are beautifully done. You would absolutely love it.
>>
>>55362756
Thanks for the recommendation! That does look pretty nice. I'll have to watch some videos and see if it's my kind of games
>>
>>55357277
>>55357670

The game is 60$ with no models. You have to pay more for the plastic, and EVEN MORE if you want them covered in a shit paint job. Fuck off, shills.
>>
>>55362919
>The game is 60$ with no models

Literally not a point.
Or a point so vastly stupid it achieved gravitional collapse into a null point, your call.

>pay more for the plastic
>EVEN MORE if you want them covered in a shit paint job

That is generally how things work, yes. Really doubling down on the stupidity aren't we.
>>
File: Consentacle.jpg (358KB, 980x413px) Image search: [Google]
Consentacle.jpg
358KB, 980x413px
>>55362919
>/bgg/ complaining about lack of overproduced plastic in a KS
>pic related exists and is fully funded without people screaming it needs to be removed
We've come full circle
>>
>>55363025
but I can buy a whole game with everything for $60
>>
File: reptilian.png (908KB, 700x775px) Image search: [Google]
reptilian.png
908KB, 700x775px
>>55363025
I wonder the religion of the man behind this post.
>>
File: Thumbs_Up_Pepe.jpg (10KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs_Up_Pepe.jpg
10KB, 251x201px
>>55363055
>board games should be a safe space
>the game is worth the price of games with miniatures even though it has no quality components to speak of
Quality post, friendo.
>>
File: Trolling.jpg (63KB, 470x600px) Image search: [Google]
Trolling.jpg
63KB, 470x600px
>>55363025
>>
>>55363154
>pointing out retardism
>trolling

Am I being trolled now? How deep does it go!
>>
File: HAPPYBOY.png (81KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPYBOY.png
81KB, 400x397px
>>55363178
Aw, he thinks he thinks he's the smart one. All those years of mommy telling you you're a special boy really did a number on you, huh lad?
>>
>>55363274
0/10
>>
File: disgust.jpg (30KB, 524x336px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
30KB, 524x336px
>>55363315
>reddit-tier ranking of another person's post
>>
>>55363315
at least you're too busy failing to defend yourself to shill that bullshit any longer
>>
File: pic3737147_lg.jpg (329KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
pic3737147_lg.jpg
329KB, 1024x576px
>>55363419
>shill that bullshit

Ah yes, almost forgot
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/438141406/cerebria-the-inside-world

By all means though, why don't you explain why it's bullshit. Try thinking through your post first though.
>>
>>55363055
All the couples in this vid look like they're about to go fuck in the bathroom.
>>
>>55359511
>The first player will take a specific X action that is the most viable action (since there is no RNG influencing his available choices), then the following players will act Y, Z, etc. because then those would be their most viable actions.
That's literally every single game ever made, retard.

Also, there haven't been any eurogames without an RNG for the last 20 years at least.

Finally, even with an RNG there is still always one most viable action. (In fact, an RNG only makes it easier to figure out what the viable action is, which is why mouth-breathing mongoloids like you love RNG's.)
>>
>>55362649
Play vidya instead, it's a genre specifically tailored for room-temperature-IQ idiots like you.
>>
>>55362727
> I mean technically starting GWT at the cattle auction is a houserule
What do you mean? Is says specifically in the rules that on the first turn you can start on any location.
>>
>>55364042
>an entire board dedicated to hobby games
>threads dedicated entirely to art
>not understanding that visual media is another way to spark interest, immersion, and creativity
>he thinks BOARDGAMES require such a "refined" intellect that someone who deigns request games which have distinct and pleasing art couldn't possibly fucking understand them
If this was HWG I would almost agree with you, but you realize the most successful board games usually have less than 20 pages of rules, right?
>>
>>55364042
This is quite a leap in assumption.
>>
>>55364085
>>55364289
> "I'd love to get into the video game hobby you kids love so much, but I hate those monitors and mice you have to use. Recommend me a video game where I don't have to stare at a screen all the time".
This is basically your retarded mongoloid self. Boardgames *by definition* are abstracted cardboard and/or wood objects that focus on gameplay to the exclusion of other properties.

If you don't like cardboard, meeples and abstract rules then boardgames aren't your hobby. Deal with it and move on, there are a thousand other activities you can do instead.

>>55364289
>This is quite a leap in assumption.
Not at all. Boardgames, in 2017, are a highly trendy hobby with a lot of upscale connotations, unlike vidya and other nerd stuff. Consequently, lots of idiots (like the mongoloid OP) who hate the general idea of boardgaming want to be in on the trendy hobby but without actually having to endure playing the games.
>>
>>55364397
>like the mongoloid OP
What does OP have to do with this>?
>>
>>55364430
'OP' means 'original poster', that is, anybody up the chain of replies.
>>
File: pic3703520_lg.jpg (139KB, 1024x509px) Image search: [Google]
pic3703520_lg.jpg
139KB, 1024x509px
Can someone honestly review Tiny Epic Quest for me? I just saw the equipped meeples and heard it's "basically Legend of Zelda: The board game". But it's also cheaper than I assumed, so it's probably shit, right?
>>
>>55364739
It's pretty good, one of the better TE games. I think it's really going to shine when they get the expansion out. TEGs are nice but they're really shooting themselves in the foot with the box constraints.
>>
>>55357277
Anachrony was my first kickstarter and one of my favorite games every since.
The quality of that gime is just superb and compared to the price, this would have been twice the price if it was a CMON game for example.
The kickstarter was simply to follow and they executed ETA to the letter with like just 2-3 weeks delay (and even that was some UK companies fault)
>>
>>55364811
i have to disagree.
its a fun game but not better then their others.

who wins is pretty random (if everyone has a basic understanding of these kind of point games.
>>
>>55356311
That game looks good. Really like the theme. It reminds me of Yggdra Union.

I'm a bit confused though. Is the game already out or not. I'm finding conflicting information.
>>
>>55365814
Japanese/multilingual came out last Oct, AEG edition dropped at Gencon, but it may not be in stores fully yet.

Also since anon didn't link it I will
>>55366411
>>55366411
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.