[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /tg/, I've been running a Jojo campaign for a about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: on1gtSW.jpg (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
on1gtSW.jpg
449KB, 1920x1080px
Alright /tg/, I've been running a Jojo campaign for a about 3 months now with a close group of friends.

They are nearing a critical point, and I had a tough stand in mind for them to fight. The trouble is, it's a bit tough to figure out how it would work practically in-game.

The idea of the stand is that it would have the power to send it's user both backward and forward in time. The ability only lets them move a few seconds forward/backward in time, when they activate the ability, it leaves an exact freeze frame image of the user at the point in time they activated the ability For me, trouble arises when the user would travel back in time, because it is something I would have to plan ahead for. Any ideas on how to handles this, or perhaps tweak the stand?

Other questions welcome.
>>
>>55278093
>JoJo rpg

Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>55278121
It's not like it hasn't been done. How you'd do it mechanically I have no idea, since JoJo is 99% asspulls, so I guess it'd have to be a rules-lite system. OP's idea sounds very difficult to pull off, since it's king crimson but even more bullshit.
>>
If you're trying to make it make sense, be logical, or intelligent, you're going against everything that is Jojo.

Just make it work however you want whenever you want, and cover up any contradictions by just saying "What's the matter? Don't understand how it works yet? Are you stupid or something?"

Then break one of your arms and your hips by striking an unnatural pose, and you're done.
>>
>>55278169
Holy shit, I had no idea Araki posted on /tg/.
>>
>>55278093
The problem with JoJo as an rpg is that all fights end with the equivalent of an insane critical. It makes for great narrative (no dice) rpg and bad pnp
>>
>>55278168
I should have included this, but the user of the said stand wouldn't be able to see the future either. The stand would work as glorified short-range teleportation.

You think mapping out his path on a grid map before hand might work?
>>
>>55278259
I'm running based off this system: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/edit

I've slightly changed initiative to work more like Dnd, but the majority of playing is a puzzle game for the players. I want them to figure out how to approach encounters, and I only have them make rolls for damage and other conditions.
>>
File: 1492391043906.jpg (35KB, 468x498px) Image search: [Google]
1492391043906.jpg
35KB, 468x498px
>>55278093
If you're doing time shit you should've probably planned ahead with that in mind. Honestly I would just look back at any noteworthy events that happened previously and try to retcon it as directly the enemy stand's doing and/or have something resurface in the sense that the enemy set something in motion that will come to fruition during the present.

Or do what >>55278169 said.
>>
>>55278299
meant to reply to >>55278238 as well
>>
File: JJBA Cortex.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
JJBA Cortex.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>55278238
>The problem with JoJo as an rpg is that all fights end with the equivalent of an insane critical. It makes for great narrative (no dice) rpg and bad pnp
There are lots of systems that do that just fine.

Exalted 3rd, for example, is specifically built
around building up advantages and positioning for one finishing blow.

Any system with hit-points, in which they aren't explicitly meat-points works quite well too. Often the way I explain Hit-Points to my table is "whether it's an axe to the face, an arrow to the knee, or a stiletto to the kidney, one truly telling blow SHOULD be enough to take basically anyone out of the fight. However, that makes fights boring, so you have this pool of plot-shield-points that you can spend to retroactively negate hits, through a combination of last-minute bullshit-reflexes and protagonist-luck. Most named opponents will have some measure of plot-shield as well, while mooks (minions) won't, and so will go down in one hit. Because these are a meta-pool of POINTS that negate HITS, we call them HIT POINTS.

Legends of the Wulin does "dramatic finishes" quite well, and the system itself is actually damn good... just edited by meth-addicted lemurs so good luck digging the rules out of that arcane tome.

There's also a cortex-hack that works quite nicely (if a bit unfinished) that can do very much the same thing with stacking complications on an enemy until you get a lucky 10 that allows you to use your d12 for complication rank, thus bullshitting your opponent out of the fight despite you having done no "damage" yet.
>>
>>55278613
This seems pretty interesting, I might try it out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.