[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1728: A Villain In Your Land, In His Land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 545
Thread images: 70

File: 1442013359136.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>55262589
>>
File: Dog Days Jumpchain Imaged.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dog Days Jumpchain Imaged.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
hey all!

I think the jump is basically finished, and for the first time I've tried to image it.
Tell me what y'all think
>>
File: naruto_by_dantecyberman-d6wbmxz.jpg (123KB, 1076x742px) Image search: [Google]
naruto_by_dantecyberman-d6wbmxz.jpg
123KB, 1076x742px
Anything interesting to do in Naruto?
What are the dangers to look out for?
>>
>>55268452
Nice! Looks pretty comfy and is easily readable. Good job.
>>
>>55268452
Looks awesome!
>>
File: The_One_Ring.jpg (111KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
The_One_Ring.jpg
111KB, 1600x900px
Assuming I had an immunity to corruption and the Perfect Partner perk from Witchblade, how fearsome would an Elf or one of the Dúnedain be with the One Ring's loyalty?

>>55268452
Looking ~a e s t h e t i c~ there, Spartan
>>
File: CYOA Republic Commando v4.pdf (5MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
CYOA Republic Commando v4.pdf
5MB, 1x1px
Star Wars: Republic Commando: Version 4

Now with reward descriptions, new perks & drawbacks, an improved system for carrying weapons and the ability to import clones of your companions!
>>
>>55268452
>Magi Tech Wizard
This is far better than any of the other 200s and seems more like a 600 here.

>That Still Only Counts as One
How big is the AoE?

>That's My Body!
Are you able to control who swaps with who or is it random?

>I Curse You
Doesn't actually say what we get, just talks about curses. You might want to make it clearer.

>Ritual of Star Reading
This feels fairly weak compared to the other 600 items, mostly the fact that it's not even entirely accurate most of the time.

>Hero's Crystal
This has the other problem, being far better than any of the other items. 50% boost to all your powers and there's no reason or cost to not have it on all the time. This needs to be either reduced or replaced, unless you make all the other 600s just as good.
>>
>>55268477
>how fearsome would an Elf or one of the Dúnedain be with the One Ring's loyalty?

don't know hard to say. I'd immagine the ring will nevertheless drive the wearers will for power, loyalty or not. Migth give the wearer some initial growth in power, but far more a yearning for more which he eventually achieves
the will of the dunedain is strong as it is. With a loyal ring he'd subdue the wills of almost any mortal
>>
>>55268452
Reckon Guided Research and Magic Tech Wizard should swap prices, since the latter covers so much more you couldn't do before whilst the former's just a nudge in the right direction that still takes effort. Also maybe phrase the latter as "Magitech", just looks awkward

Also exactly what are Crests, and can do do anything except blast people?

That's about everything, I think. Not sure about the Sealing Knife though, seems a fair bit more robust than the other items if it's absolutely unbrekable frmo inside.
>>
>>55268526
>>Magi Tech Wizard
so would you suggest switching it with defense construction? maybe weakening it to compensate for the drop in price?
>AoE
maybe 3-4 meters. not huge but still fairly large
>That's my body
its random
>I Curse You
I'll try, theres not much on the actual curses in show
>Star Reading
So would you suggest i boost it? make it more accurate overall, such that it is almost perfect at midnight or full moon etc?
>Hero's crystal
cheers i knew i was forgetting something. it should have a time limit, what kind of length would you suggest?
>>55268548
>guided research
will do, that seems sensible
>Crests are basically Dog days form of magic, and they can do a range of things, like most general magics
>>
>>55268452
Needs item imports please.
>>
>>55268477
Considering Perfect Partner boosts what you get from it... You might be able to match how powerful Galadriel would be with it? She's much, much older than you can be with the jump, but the perk might make up for the difference.

Then again, we only have her speech on that, which is probably at least as much metaphor as reality:

>beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!”
>She stood before Frodo seeming now tall beyond measurement, and beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful.
>>
>>55268453
>Anything interesting to do in Naruto?

Depends on what you call interesting. With exception of one nation, every nation uses ninjas to fight. They even have had several Ninja World Wars.

So there's lots of intrigue and spying. Even though the nations are "friendly" with one another. Depending on when you start, you can run into interesting characters.

For instance starting in the Warring States Period is when the villages were all just clans fighting for territory. Eventually multiple clans formed the village system. Or you could start during Kakashi's (Naruto's teacher) time and fight in the Third Ninja War.

In the standard Naruto time period the dangers are the fact that power ramps up pretty damn fast. They quickly ramp up to country level of destruction, overpowered eye magic, and tailed beasts become second fiddle.

Kakashi's time period you just gotta worry about Oorchimaru & Third Ninja War. This is probably best time to be there's no overeliance on magic eyes, good bloodlines, and tailed beasts.

During Warring States period you got to deal with Madara Uchia & establish the Hidden Leaf Village.
>>
>>55268592
well, she did destroy Dol Goldur singlehandedly (or atleast with her husband)
>>
File: kakashi_kid_by_unaridon-d2oui0x.jpg (262KB, 900x1227px) Image search: [Google]
kakashi_kid_by_unaridon-d2oui0x.jpg
262KB, 900x1227px
>>55268618
Thank you! I'll start in Kakashi's time then. He looks really cute too.
>>
>>55268453
there are some pretty creative powers and tricks to grab there.
It will get dangerous if you don't stop the plot from happening, yes.
If you take out 2-3 key players before shit really goe down you should be fine (won't be easy though)

Pick up Edo Tensei if possible (ressurecting the dead with all their powers, unlimited stamina and regeneration bound to your will). It's great
>>
>>55268585
of what sort? do you mean change some descriptions so you can import instead? or if you mean add other items, then you will need to find some, cos i can't think of many more.
>>
>>55268581
>Magi Tech
Swapping it with the 400 would probably work if you weakened defense construction to match.

It'd be good to write that into the perk then.

As above, for clarity.

I mean have something that details the person is getting the ability to use these curses, since the perk doesn't actually say if the person is and what level they can use them at.

That would definitely help to make it more accurate at midnight.

Preferably a very short one, a few minutes at most, given how great it is as a scaling effect. Then a lengthy cool down so you can't just reactivate it.

To add on the other guy, I think you should detail what crests are early in the document, since you have several perks and items that directly relate to crests but no clear description of what they are and can do.
>>
>>55268680
The former please.
>>
File: IMG_1888.jpg (132KB, 612x1008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1888.jpg
132KB, 612x1008px
>>55268640
If you want to derail the entire plot of Naruto. Save Obito Uchiha and prevent Rin Nohara from becoming a jinchūriki against her will. Maybe even kindle a romance between Obito & Rin. Madara is old and weak here. So killing him for good would be best solution.

He might have the Rinnegan but he just unlocked it and I don't think he had the Chakra necessary anymore. That's why he had to be ressurected in his prime or someshit like that.
>>
>>55268696
Done
>>55268682
>magi tech
i've swapped it with guided research for now, do you think that would work?
>Clarity
added
>Curses
i've changed it to this: 'Even in this colour and happy world, there is a smudge of darkness. This smudge is the power of curses. Vile magics made by evil beings. You can now use this foul magic, at a level equivalent to a novice level three crest user. This magics can be used to corrupt the innocent or inflict great pain. The greatest of these curses would even allow you to kill beings in areas where deaths are not normally possible. This is the equivalent to black magic.'
>Star reading
fixed. now nearly 100% accurate on the full moon, and extremely accurate in general at midnight
>Crests
problem is, crests are literally just this worlds outward expression of magic. they can be used to do most things that normal magic can do.
>>
File: parrit.webm (1MB, 480x596px) Image search: [Google]
parrit.webm
1MB, 480x596px
Do you or anyone around you actually call you a jumper or do you have another term for it?

A jumper is the same thing as a sweater so I've never liked the term.
>>
>>55268452
>Not-Very-Fatal Death
How big an area could I cover with this, and can I just keep it up indefinitely?

>IT’S SO FLUFFY!
Can I choose to have it less than the maximum fluff I bought it up to?

Say, for example, I bought it five times (for a 32 times increase). Could I just triple the size and fluff of my tail instead of going with the full 32 times increase, or keep my cat ears the same size but make it ultra-fluffy?

Also, can I swap between maximum fluff and lesser fluff (in case I want to be able to move without having to roll around like a massive ball of fluff)?

>Crystal of the Floating Isles
How big are these island, approximately?

>What Are You Thinking?! [+200]
Not a question, but I imagine my jumper would just continually be crackling with lightning and smoking.
>>
Is there a number for what all of Earth's tax revenue is? All I can find are percentages.
>>
>>55268713
And find a way to either kill Danzo or disgrace him.
>>
>>55268713
what if i fuck Rin and rub it in Obitos face?
>>
>>55268713
What about Orochimaru?
>>
As someone who has never read or watched Harry Potter what are some things to look out for in the setting?
>>
>>55268778
People wearing turbans, giant snakes, rats, tournaments, bitchy women wearing pink, and bald people without a nose.
>>
>>55268743
As long as guided research has been sufficiently weakened to be on the level of a 200 perk, that would work.

Curse change looks good.

>Crests
Then say that. The reader doesn't know that unless you tell them so just include a little blurb early on about that, in the intro or as a general free perk or something like that.
>>
>>55268778
depends if you want to stick around with the main characters or do your own thing. But basically what>>55268801 said
>>
>>55268778
There are mindcontrol spells and instant death spells. Those are bad news. I recommend high magic resistance and immunity to curses before you go there.
>>
>>55268752
> AoE
i've added that this effect is double the length of you reach. you can do this indefinitely, but i may add that it uses a small nit extra stamina/magic
> Its so Fluffy
i hadn't considered that. I'd probably say no, since that would fall more under the purview of shapeshifting. As for fluffiness, again iffy. i'd probably lean more towards yes you can for this one though
>Floating Isles. i'd say maybe 400 meters? at base level. I'll add that in the description, along with the fact that you can increase their size by implanting more in.
>What are you thinking
hah yeah, especially with all fan service that happens.
>>55268803
>guided research
actually looking at it, i would say that it doesn't need that big a nerf
>crests
added
>>
>>55268778
bring a gun
>>
>>55268827
>Guided research
No, I think it does. Unless it's solely limited to helping you sort through info you already have, that's a very useful power to have.
>>
>>55268827
Wasn't there an episode that has some past hero talking about a time when demons overran the world? Could we have a drawback that sends us to that time period?
>>
File: IMG_1212.jpg (114KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1212.jpg
114KB, 600x960px
>>55268760
You could do that. I mean its your chain. Just if you want to prevent stupid shit from happening, make sure they're together in the end. Even if she's carrying your child. He'll probably still marry her.

>>55268767
Oorchimaru is looking for an immortal body. Make him look into White Zetsus. Giving him what he wants seem to be best way to actually stop him from terrorizing the village later. It would probably save a whole lot of kids later on. Seeing how Oorchimaru was always looking for the perfect host body.
>>
>>55268749
I use Outlander most of the time as a title rather than Jumper.

>>55268778
The Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers all have secrets and most of them are evil (evil ones in years 1, 2, 4, 5. 6 is a prick albeit one who is ultimately working against Voldemort).

If you're a muggleborn don't go walking the corridors alone in second year unless you can block an instant death effect and fight a giant snake. Similarly if you're a muggleborn or drop-in go into hiding after 6th year if it's an early jump, preferably by going abroad.

Knowing how to get into the kitchens and the room of requirement make Hogwarts quite a bit more fun.
>>
>>55268778
Luna's feet
>>
>>55268757
Can't find it myself... though I did get the percentage of GDP and the GDP of 2015, which after a bit of calculating left me with a bit more than 11,3 trillion dollars in total tax revenue.
>>
>>55268854
I'm honesty not sure how to nerf it though. as of right now, it means you are more likely to stumble onto the knowledge you want. the only way i could really nerf that is if i increased the amount of time this took
>>55268856
sure, that sounds cool.
>>
>>55268854
i've added
'If in a place that you have never been, or looking for knowledge you know nothing about, this effect is severely lessened.'
what do you think?
>>
>>55268878
As of right now, it's also got no real limits on whether this info needs to be easily obtainable or not. The perk right now could be used to easily stumble onto extremely rare or forbidden knowledge that you seek out. Maybe if you limited it to solely working with finding the right knowledge within areas you have access to? Such as finding the bit of writing you're looking for within a public library you're in but not accidentally stumbling onto the villain's evil plan unless you were actually in his room where it was stored.
>>
>>55268890
I don't think it really fixes the issue unless you also clarify how it works. Is it able to create the knowledge where it wasn't before, such as having you find a book with the stuff you want where it ordinarily wouldn't be?
>>
File: 1347232641548.jpg (121KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1347232641548.jpg
121KB, 500x669px
Where are the best bird girls?
>>
>>55268857
Thank you for all the advice :).

Here's my vague plan so far:
I'll try to protect Team Kakashi from all the bad stuff. I'll help Orochimaru in his search for the perfect body and make him somewhat less sociopathic in the process (I have perks for that) and finally I'll push for diplomacy earlier, cutting the Third Shinobi War a bit shorter. That way maybe I can spare Itachi the war trauma and render him less crazy.

Have I missed anything important? Before I go to write and to roll for all that.
>>
>>55268907
Danzo and Root fucking things up fot the would-be akatsuki.
>>
File: _neo_metal_sonic_by_sefirothdb.jpg (140KB, 630x830px) Image search: [Google]
_neo_metal_sonic_by_sefirothdb.jpg
140KB, 630x830px
Does anyone happen to have a list of jumps where we can be fully synthetic? Asking as I want most of my early jumps to be a robot.
>>
>>55268905
>>55268898
ah ok. no, i meant it to work like, the knowledge/location of the knowledge doesn't change or anything, you are just more likely to find it, such as like with the situations you outlined. i'll try to clarify that in the perk
>>
>>55268827
>i've added that this effect is double the length of you reach. you can do this indefinitely, but i may add that it uses a small nit extra stamina/magic
Oh. So, it's basically just your immediate surroundings and not even a battlefield or something.

Well, that's dropped then.

>i hadn't considered that. I'd probably say no, since that would fall more under the purview of shapeshifting.
Do you mean the swapping between sizes, or is it always an all-or-nothing deal with every non-human feature? Because I'd like to have giant tails, but other features I might want to boost to somewhat less ludicrous sizes.

>As for fluffiness, again iffy. i'd probably lean more towards yes you can for this one though
That would be nice at least.

>i'd say maybe 400 meters? at base level. I'll add that in the description, along with the fact that you can increase their size by implanting more in.
Alright. Small for an island, but I guess I could work with that.

How would implanting more work though? You only get one at a time, and it sounds like the island gets ripped out of the ground when you implant it.

I mean, I suppose you could tie two islands together with a bit of rope or chains, but that doesn't sound like what you're proposing...?
>>
>>55268918
Terminator, all the Mega Mans I think, Futurama.
>>
>>55268918
Cave Story, The Matrix, Transformers, and probably others i can't remember.
>>
>>55268927
> AoE
hmm true, with the nerf i didn't take into account the cost/fact this is a capstone. ill increase that. what kind of level would you suggest
>Its so fluffy
i mean the swapping between sizes at will. you can choose to only boost certain features at a time, or all of them. you just can't then change their size afterwards without a shapeshifting perk/power.
>Isles
each one will grow a new crystal once a month. while the first may be small, you may save a few from that one and then plant them all at once to get a bigger one. or something like that.
>>
>>55268916
Thanks I'll look into it. I also have to take care of Madara but I don't know how to do that without killing him yet.
>>
>>55268918
Overlord, NieR: Automata
>>
>>55268918
Speaking for my jumps:
The Polity (Golem or War Drone)
Eclipse Phase (Any background so long as you pick a synthmorph as your morph except the biocore)
AVP (Synthetic or Combat Synthetic)
Castle of Puzzles (pick a golem as an Un-Usual race)
Arpeggio of Blue Steel (Mental Models)
>>
File: woo.jpg (82KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
woo.jpg
82KB, 500x353px
How do I speak to the dead?
>>
>>55268973
>what kind of level would you suggest
I'd say probably large enough to cover battlefield? This is the effect that makes their "wars" deathless, so...

>i mean the swapping between sizes at will. you can choose to only boost certain features at a time, or all of them. you just can't then change their size afterwards without a shapeshifting perk/power.
Alright then.

Oh. How about altforms and non-human features I acquire later?

>each one will grow a new crystal once a month. while the first may be small, you may save a few from that one and then plant them all at once to get a bigger one. or something like that.
Ahhh, okay. To me it read like only the first one produces a new gem each year.
>>
>>55269037
Kill yourself, become a ghost
>>
>>55269037
You just have to start the conversation.
They're already listening.
They're always listening.
>>
>>55268918
Hive queen quest lets you be fully AI, exist on a calculators storage apace, and make infinite digital copies of your mind so long as there is storage space.
>>
>>55269037
There's a Ouija board in Horror Movies.
>>
>>55269044
>AoE
problem is that a whole battlefield coverage is A: much better then any other capstone, and B: significantly more powerful then anything else shown in the series.
>It's So Fluffy
fluffiness wise, yes those can transfer to new features. size wise i would probably say not.
>Floating Isles
i'll make sure to clarify that each new one will also grow another
>>
>>55268918
This brings up a question.....

If someone was in the early stages of brainstorming a generic super robot show jump, what is the best way to handle letting people be the super robot? A zero point drawback?
>>
>>55269089
It's your duty to include a Giant Robot background. Search your feelings; you know this to be true.
>>
>>55269084
>AoE
remember that this applies for even mundane swings, and this setting isn't that powerful
>Fluffy
actually, i would say the sizes might transfer if you wish
>>
>>55269099
Giant Robots are getting a full creation sub-section, I'm not sure how to do a background any better than that.
>>
>>55269084
>problem is that a whole battlefield coverage is A: much better then any other capstone, and B: significantly more powerful then anything else shown in the series.
Eh, it's mostly for fun since it affects everyone in the area, isn't it? I'd say Summon Champion is more powerful.

>>55269104
>remember that this applies for even mundane swings, and this setting isn't that powerful
Uh. What? I'm talking about the Not-Very-Fatal Death perk? The one that turns people into Pet Balls instead of dying?

>actually, i would say the sizes might transfer if you wish
Nice. Thank you.
>>
Something has come up and I might be delayed in making the Generic PMC Jump and If you don't hear from me in a few weeks consider the jump un-claimed.
>>
>>55268452
Ooh, very nice!
>>
>>55268907
I read up on the wiki. Apparently Madara already transferred his Rinnegan into Nagato. He was also one responsible for Rin's death to manipulate Obito.

Danzo is a crazy asshole who needs to be taken down.
>>
>>55269152
.... crap... i thought you were talking about 'That still only counts as one'....i messed up T_T
yeah, the Not fatal death perk covers the entire battlefield, definitely
>>
>>55269099
I'll tell you what, I'll add in background on top of the creation section thanks for the suggestion. Not sure if i will like the end result, but its worth a shot.
>>
>>55269037
just be polite and self confident
you can do it!
>>
Is there any reason to double up on Bending Genius for a single element if you'll take the scenario to become the Avatar?
>>
>>55269189
Eh, everyone makes mistakes sometimes. No problem.

Oh, another question about the floating islands though. How high up do they go? Like, do they float on top of the clouds, below them, or is it likely to get very misty when a cloud passes?
>>
File: GoldenShower.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GoldenShower.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
Is anyone working on Campione! ??
>>
>>55269234
i would say that you could choose, given the islands seem to float at any number of different heights. Maybe they default at just above low hanging clouds
>>
Show me your Duel Monsters: The Heroes builds, /jc/.
>>
>>55269251
Not to the best of my knowledge. I hope someone picks it up, I've not killed nearly enough gods.
>>
File: Dog Days 1.png (3MB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Dog Days 1.png
3MB, 1280x1440px
>>55269234
>>55269268
Here, have two shots from the first episode of season one.
>>
At the risk of bringing it back in this thread, what are the hunger games in a nutshell? Just seemed like a confusing, overly elaborate cage match drug out of several days.
>>
>>55269268
Fair enough. Thanks for the answers.

>>55269319
Oh, that helps. Thank you.
>>
>>55269303
Elemental Hero (Free)
Hero Mask (Free)
A Hero Arrives (100)
Polymerisation (200)
Righteous Justice (300)
Over Destiny (600)
Bladedge (300)
Costume (Free)
Hero Signal (100)

Worm Call (+200)
Planet Pollutant Nightmare (+200)
HIKARI (+200)
>>
>>55269303
Duel Monsters - the Heroes
Origin: Neo-Spacian

Perks
Neo-Spacian Contact
Neo-Spacian Project (100cp)
Neo-Spacian Force (300cp)

Powers & Gimmicks
Air Hummingbird
Dunkguy (200cp)
Contact Out (300cp)

Gear
Madolche Knights (200cp)
Home Ground (200cp)

Companions
Hero Call (100cp)
Evil Hero - The Brightest Darkness, Necro-Shamanism, Contact with the
Goblin Attack Forces
Destiny Hero - Dreadguy, D-Counter, Over Destiny

Drawbacks
Get Your Game On! (+100cp)
Waterfront Disaster: The Interrupted Kaiju Slumber (+100cp)
Planet Pollutant Nightmare (+200cp)
NEO-SPACIAN: B-BALL BIRD!

Contact Out is a really fun Perk. I'm planning on using it to empower Protagonists and characters in other settings, so I can help them and get embroiled in the plot myself, without actually taking anything away from the Protagonists (hopefully).
>>
>>55268452
Are the 100cp perks free or discounted? And are additional purchases of IT’S SO FLUFFY! discounted for Animals?
>>
1MB, 1x1px
Ok, this is the updated jump with peoples feed back taken into account.
perks have been modified, item imports added, drawback added. Decorative strip on the side changed slightly to make slightly more neat.

let me know if i missed anything
>>
File: dd 12.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dd 12.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>55269326
No problem. Also, judging by that castle up in the corner, the islands can be pretty big.
>>
>>55268434

Is the google drive down for anyone else?
>>
>>55269410
curses, if only you commented 30 seconds earlier xD
100 CP perks are free, and the additional purchases are discounted for animals. i'll make sure to add that
>>
>>55269428
Just crashed for me.
>>
>>55269428
I can't even get onto my personal gdrive folders at the moment, so it's probably something affecting all google drives or something.
Give it a little while and try again later.
>>
>>55269412
>Each crystal can float an island of around 500 meters.
Is that a 500 meter radius or diameter?
>>55269428
It didn’t load when I tried it.
>>
>>55269497
diameter
>>
>>55269335
So edgy
>>
Do we have any Perks that can help you intertwine nature and civilization, so that wild animals and civilized folk can occupy the same habitats and areas without adversely affecting the other?
>>
Is there any good perks for improving training speed? I don't mean learning speed, as I want to o train absurdly fast without a teacher.
>>
>>55269303
get your game on +100 no way in hell I am both legal and an accurate representation
Waterfront Disaster! The Interrupted Kaiju Slumber+100 . I love to wrestle giant monsters!
Worm Call+200 . The trick is not to let them get a foothold
Planet Pollutant Nightmare+200 five words "unlimited supply of Alpha lanterns"
chose the hero city
drop in free
master of seclusion free for drop-in
Visions of the Future-300
D – Counter-200 I should probably take this
over destiny -600 morally obligated to take this
Chaos -300 discount for drop-in the last bit about ceiling and special abilities is amazing, I guess I blow into my arm through my mask Tommy Oliver style? This doesn't really add up.
Costume Free

hero call Monique,mother box, Leonardo da Vinci,Saitama
,TJ,Tina,RJ, painwheel-200
>>
File: dd 24.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dd 24.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>55269423
I said the islands can be pretty big.
It appears I forgot how right I was.
>>
>>55269595
>>55269303

Monique
drop in free
Witch Raider -100 discount for drop-in
Dark Panther-400
Chaos -300 discount for drop-in
Costume Free

mother box

drop-in
hero mask -100
a hero arrives -200
entertainment hero -100 discount for drop-in
visions of the future -300 discounted for drop in
Costume Free
Leonardo da Vinci

drop-in
entertainment hero -100 discount for drop-in
visions of the future -300 discounted for drop in
masks change -300 discount for drop-in
Costume Free
Saitama
drop in free
Dark Panther-400
Costume Free

TJ
drop in free
Dark Panther-400
Costume Free

Tina
Elemental Hero
Hero Mask free for Elemental Hero
Righteous Justice-300 Discounted to Elemental Hero
Burst Fire-100 CP, Discounted to Elemental Hero
THE EARTH-400Discounted to Elemental Hero
Costume Free

RJ
drop-in
visions of justice -200 discount for drop-in
Diamondguy -200
Mechlight Dragon Revolution -400 discount for drop-in
Costume Free

painwheel
Elemental Hero
Hero Mask free for Elemental Hero
A Hero Arrives-100 Discounted for Elemental Hero
Righteous Justice-300 Discounted to Elemental Hero
THE EARTH-400Discounted for Elemental Hero
Costume Free

Now this is my idea of a vacation! Villains to fight, worlds to save, monsters to wrestle, cocaine to snort, cities to tour. A decade in paradise After all that training
>>
>>55269412
Is there any reason Hero Crystal gives a scaling boost? Is that how it works in series?
>>
http://downdetector.com/status/google-drive
>>
>>55269629
no particular reason. just wanted a boost that would matter, even for an older jumper. a 3 ton boost wouldn't matter at all to a jumper who can destroy mountains and so on.
>>
>>55268713
>Madara is old and weak here.
I mean like relatively. Madara is still going to be strong as fuck.
>>
>>55269251
BLADE was, but he gave it back up IIRC. You want the wip?

Perks are decent and items are nonexistent.
>>
>>55269656
The problem is that it really outdoes your other capitems. Why would I want a map that tells me the future or a knife that boosts a very specific sort of magic instead of a crsytal that increases all my powers by 50% for an hour a day. I could increase my own future telling or sealing powers along with everything else.

It doesn't seem very fitting for the jump either to make it scaling, since I assume the hero it is based on improved to a larger extent than just half again. Unbalanced and unfitting makes it seem like a poor choice of item.
>>
>>55269251
Blade was working on it, but he dropped it. I'd be extremely happy if you could pick it up. While the story may be shitty, I love the setting.
>>
File: 2726104-h_el.jpg (42KB, 433x640px) Image search: [Google]
2726104-h_el.jpg
42KB, 433x640px
What options do we have to make use of 1/16 Saiyan?

Ones I can think of:
>Kryptonian-Human Hybrid in YJ
>Half-Dragon in D&D
>Devil Child in DMC
>Anodite in Ben 10 (May be irrelevant)
>Cambion in Teen Titans
>Demigod in Percy Jackson/Greek Myth

What am I missing?
>>
>>55269656
That...seems like a poor design philosophy given your other items. The Floating Crystal, what does it matter if I can already make flying islands with my own magic? Etcetera with the other items. I don't think it's impossible to balance around the chain but your jump isn't very high power to justify that sort of decision. Scaling effects could make sense in a jump where all the other stuff offered on the same level was really crazy good but in your jump...they're not. They're good items, not saying they aren't, but they're not good enough to match your scaling power booster.
>>
>>55269412
Have a build then.

Summoned Hero
Animal Person - Cat
>perks:
Flonyard Magic [Free] Magic! Time to get practising, I suppose.
Colourful Biology [Free] Let's grab crazy eyes, with star-shaped pupils and emerald/red colors?
Puff Goes The Clothes [200] I have nothing but the purest inten- pfft. Ha, couldn't keep a straight face. No, no, I really don't have anything resembling pure intentions with this.
Soft Physics [Free] Sure.
God Of The Land [400] Imma be a god of Spring. Is that earth or wind, or something else?
Voice Of An Angel [100] Singing!
Unflappable [free] Sure.
Not-Very-Fatal Death [300] Fluffball altform. Also other stuff, I guess? Wonder if I could figure out how to apply that on a larger scale, like it is here.
IT'S SO FLUFFY x3 [100] FLUFFY! Also, some of my forms now have huge bodyparts.
Peaceful Resolution [200] Peace is good.
>items:
Ears and Tail [Free] I'm going to force convince SO many people to wear these.
Crystal of the Floating Isles [600] Floating islands are cool as hell, and these let me make exponentially more of them over time.
>drawbacks:
Mandatory Fanservice [+100] Eh, I left my sense of shame behind a while ago.
Can’t Stop Petting [+100] ...I mean. At least now I have an excuse.
Tsun Tsun [+100] N-not that I need an excuse, or a-anything.
Annoying Narrator [+100] Sigh. Still better than that time with the celestial bureaucracy.
We Need Your Help! [+200] ...If I must.
Demon Awakening [+300] But first, I have this matter to take care of.
>>
>>55269592
Go to civ, make a civilization of druids.
>>
File: 1486291650092.jpg (2MB, 1805x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1486291650092.jpg
2MB, 1805x2500px
>>55269744
>Can’t Stop Petting [+100] ...I mean. At least now I have an excuse.
>>
>>55269592
there's a perk for social engineering in Exalted Lunars
that's for the civilization side
for the nature side you might wanna create through either magic or genetic engineering a whole ecosystem capable of cohabiting with human society
>>
>>55269730
>Anodite in Ben 10 (May be irrelevant)
Irrelevant, yes. There's no such thing as a part-Anodite, just Anodites in meatsuits.
>>
>>55269710
maybe i should reduce it to a boost of magic strength and physical strength? though, in series, it did indeed only give a small all around boost, as well as unlocking some advanced magics. essentially i unlocked Crest level 4 maybe? its a bit unclear. i'll change it.
>>55269735
hmmm guess your right. idk, not sure what kind of level to set it too. see above for potential solution?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 510x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 510x250px
>>55269689
Yes I would love to see WIP.
>>
>>55269730
Literally anything you pop a xenomorph into. Get the xenomorph altform and the full abilities of the parent.
>>
>>55269428
Right as I was gonna make a build.

Anyone have Duel Monsters - The Heroes on hand?
>>
>>55269730
elder god hybrid in marvel magic
>>
>>55269744
cool!
in terms of god of spring, i guess thats up to you. it would probably be more in line with the god of wind description, making plants bloom and the air fresh etc.
>>
>>55269799
The main issue isn't so much that it boosts everything, though that can be a bit weird, as that it scales.
>>
>>55269823
Don't xenomorphs already get all yhe parents abilities plus xenomorph stuff?
>>
>>55269799
Well, a fair sized boost to physical and magical stuff and unlocking level 4 crest stuff, would that be a good thing in universe? Perhaps that is all you need for a 600.
>>
>>55269799
>essentially i unlocked Crest level 4 maybe?
If there’s a Level four, then the question is can you eventually reach it without the Crystal?
>>
>>55269730
>Demigod in Percy Jackson/Greek Myth
>Cambion in Teen Titans
Would these work? I'm pretty sure Trigon is literally all the evil of another universe given physical form and the Gods are similarly concepts/aspects of nature in flesh, right?
>>
File: Campione.pdf (462KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Campione.pdf
462KB, 1x1px
>>55269820
>>
>>55269906
>>55269730

Isn't there already a Perk in Percy Jackson that makes you the equal of your parent?
>>
File: transformers.jpg (26KB, 407x91px) Image search: [Google]
transformers.jpg
26KB, 407x91px
>>55268713
>>
File: lamp_by_epe_tohri.jpg (142KB, 600x912px) Image search: [Google]
lamp_by_epe_tohri.jpg
142KB, 600x912px
How would someone go about making a girl buu? Preferably while destroying regular buu.
>>
>>55269933
Only for the scrub gods. Even with GtM and the fate drawback you won't equal Zeus or Poseidon of you're a demigod of them.
>>
File: Campione Jump.pdf (149KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Campione Jump.pdf
149KB, 1x1px
>>55269820
>>
>>55269730
Hanyou from Inuyasha.
Marvel Magic has Elder God Hybrid.
DC Occult has two origins which allow your magic to be a result of having strong supernatural parents. I think empowered... And Half-Blood?
>>
>>55269891
>>55269893
>>55269881
there isn't actually a crest level 4 as far as i can see. i'm thinking of making it so that it is a boost equivalent to a crest level? or maybe leave it as just 'general boost to magic/strength'. The unlocked abilites are quite powerful in universe, and are likely worth the 600 CP combined with the boost.
>This small crystal has accepted you as its owner. This acts as proof that you are a hero. When used, this crystal will age or de-age you to your prime, as well as enhancing your magic, making spells slightly more power, and powerful spells slightly easier to cast. Additionally, it creates a weak magical shield around you, used to protect you from weaker magic. While using the crystal you are also able to use more advanced versions of your crest spells, with them dealing more damage or effecting a larger area. You can use this form for up to one hour each day.
this is my attempt at the re-written perk
>>
>>55269950
Yank off a chunk and put it in a jello mold while shooting mind control magic in its face.
>>
>>55269730
>>Half-Dragon in D&D
Asamir and Tiefling as well
>>
>>55269730
Going to regret asking, but what does 1/16 Saiyan do.
>>
>>55269950
A New Arrival from Unholy Heights
>>
Google Drive just tanked.
>>
>>55269979
You could probably put a bit more emphasis on how good the new spells are in universe to sell it.
>>
>>55270010
It's basically UE from nubleach.

As long as you're 1/16th saiyan, you're 100% saiyan.
>>
>>55270010
If you're within six generations of a species, you get the full benefits of that species even if it would be watered down.
>>
>>55270015
Please read the thread first.
>>
>>55269906
Why wouldn't they? I mean, if it mattered that their biology was "weird", I wouldn't expect their children to inherit any abilities at all.
>>
>>55270024
Well, this is gonna be one of those ones I refrain from having an opinion on then.

Thank you for answering and have fun.
>>
>>55270018
>While using the crystal you are also able to use more advanced versions of your crest spells, with them dealing more damage or affecting a larger area. A fiery whip might become a giant flaming sword, or a fireball spell may shoot out three.
how about this? i'm having a bit of writers block right now actually... can't get the right words out
>>
>>55269826
'Ere you go, famalam.
>>
>>55270114
Yeah, that's better
>>
>>55270010

Lets quarter saiyans be real saiyans.

Lets you take pureblood perks in harry potter for the price of half blood perks.

Lets demi gods be full gods.

Lets SB be right for once.
>>
>>55270126
>Lets you take pureblood perks in harry potter for the price of half blood perks.
Bullshit
>>
>>55269730
1. Assuming Cthulhi are the literal "children of Cthulhu", you can become one in Lovecraft. Though that's pretty cheesy, and we have no idea what part of Cthulhu's ability are innate to his whole race.

2. Has Val precised how this perk work if the parent is one of your Companions?

Because in A Song of Ice and Fire, taking any of the scenarios lets you become your eldest legitimate heir should you die. Assuming the perk works that way, you could have a child with any Companion while they're in a powerful alt-form, kill yourself, become the child, marry another Companion and repeat the process. The aSoIaF scenario aren't limited by time so you even have time to grow.
>>
>>55270142
Half blood is the same as pure blood. It is within 4 generations.
>>
>>55270126
>Lets you take pureblood perks in harry potter for the price of half blood perks.
>implying perks can affect how a jump document works
You didn't really any need help to be like an SBer, friend.
>>
>>55270172
>Half blood is the same as pure blood. It is within 4 generations.
Fuck off m8. It's extremely obvious that you're baiting.
>>
>>55270172
Don't be obtuse, faggot
>>
>>55270126
You've certainly inherited that Pure-Blood inbreeding, retard
>>
>>55270163
>kill yourself
Isn't that only if you die of natural causes?
>>
>>55270024
I just had a idea, I know that there is a combo to make adopt yourself into a family does this work with that?
>>
Can anyone post the DB GT jump? Drive's still down for me.
>>
>>55270126
Quarter Saiyans are already better than real Saiyans, dumbass. You'd know that if you weren't just shitposting.
>>
>>55270225
Of old age, my mistake. Still, there's no time limit to the Jump, so in theory...
>>
>>55270204
>>55270190
>>55270187
>>55270173
Prove it. This is a wonderful perk. Thank you valeria.
>>
>>55270232
>Quarter Saiyans are already better than real Saiyans, dumbass
Not him but since when? I thought they had more front loaded power but less potential.
>>
>>55270247
Prove that your IQ has taken a hit from successive generations of inbreeding? This >>55270126 post should be evidence enough
>>
>>55270123
ok then. unless you have anything else, that means the jump is basically done.
>>
>>55270270
Uh, no? Trunks can match SSG just by getting mad. Pretty much all of their actual appearances in the series show that they're at least as powerful as Saiyans.
>>
File: Gone Series JumpChain Imaged.pdf (810KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Gone Series JumpChain Imaged.pdf
810KB, 1x1px
Posting my Gone jump. Not exactly images but hopefully suitable for the main folder.
>>
>>55269968
I'm pretty sure that "earn between one and three Authorities per God" thing is wrong. Or at least, a bit reductionist. None of the canon Campione have multiple Authorities gained from one god (possibly not even Godou or John Pluto Smith, Ten Incarnations and Metamorphosis seem to be single Authorities representing Verethragna's and Tezcatlipoca's ability to manifest in different forms), it's just that many Authorities have diverse enough powers that they can look like multiple Authorities. Like, Madam Aisha got both ice powers and healing powers from Persephone, but that's not two Authorities. That's one Authority tied to Persephone's myth of being responsible for spring and winter. So it's less "earn multiple Authorities" and more "earn one Authority, but it can have multiple powers if the God has an appropriate myth".
>>
>>55270315
Don't they not have tails though? Gohan did but Goten and Pan didn't. You could probably argue the half saiyans do based on Gohan but quarters and beyond never show tails.
>>
>>55270323
Don't we have this one already?
>>
>>55270315
I never saw super, I watched gt though. Super just seemed fucking retarded what with goku being worse than normal in the 2 episodes I have seen.
>>
>>55270126
It doesn't allow you to take perk discounts like that dumbass. It just gives you raw potential to be as good as the original species without having to dilute your power. HP half blood wizard will be considered "pureblood" sure but it doesn't give them the discounts/freebies in the HP Jump. Just means that magical ability wise if fullbloods were 1x instead of .5x, then you'll be considered a 1x all the way down 5 generations removed.

Seeing how that's not how things work in HP. Magic is magic even if you're a muggleborn or pureblood. However it doesn't change your origins for perk discounts.
>>
>>55270340
Yeah, I think this is just an imaged version.
>>
>>55270315
I think that's not really racial traits at that point and more personal power.
>>
>>55270340
I uploaded it previously but that version was purely text
>>
>>55270315
Trunks is half saiyan not quarter.
>>
>>55270358
Oh okay
>>
>>55270323
Astrid is a slut, Lana is best girl
>>
>>55270323
what's it based on?
>>
>>55270353
>>55270286
Have val post the truth then because as is you can do whatever the fuck you want. She took this perk straight from the SB thread and it has been used that way for a while. Meanwhile she bitches about plagarism.
>>
>>55270297
Can the Cabin In The Woods be dropped into the world in future jumps?
>>
>>55270380
Well, at least you've admitted that your intent was vindictive shitposting from the outset
>>
>>55270380
>plagarism
Even if she did copy it almost word for word from a sb jump that is a bit extreme especially when you are acting dense.
>>
>>55270372
The gone series by micheal grant

As one of the first lines says

>>55270370
Astrid waited like two whole books until she hated herself enough to do it

And Lana is a thottie that stole from a shop to impress guys at school

Brianna and Taylor are best girls
>>
>>55270382
yep, if you want... though how a small wooden cabin in the middle of a forest ended up on the moon is up to you xD
>>
>>55270380
Who cares if valeria plagiarises something from SB this is here not there.
>>
>>55270380
>She took this perk straight from the SB thread
{{citation needed}}
>>
>>55270380
You don't actually become the race until after you enter the jump, so this perk in particular won't help you. By the same token, people that aren't retarded (i.e. not you) don't assume that a perk which will "take a 10% discount off of anything you buy" apply to perks or items.
>>
>>55270405
>Astrid waited like two whole books until she hated herself enough to do it
I can't actually remember the books too well, why would she have to hate herself to do it?
>>
>>55270423
>>55270422
>>55270401
Not him but that is the one part of the shitpost that is sorta accurate. There is already a post that does almost exactly the same thing and it has similar language over in sb, it could be a fair mistake however given how hateful she has been about people using similar language to things she has written in the past I find it ironic if true.
>>
>>55270436
She was a highly religious 13 year old girl and so didn't want anything to do with taking a dick

Then she killed her little brother to save herself, so felt like a murderer. After this she lost all self worth and didn't really care religion or anything.
>>
File: obvious.jpg (68KB, 437x400px) Image search: [Google]
obvious.jpg
68KB, 437x400px
>>55270400
>>55270433
No shit. You motherfuckers really do need a flashing neon sign to spot a shitposter, don't you?
>>
>>55270323
I'll just post my build again then.

Child of Perdido Beach [Free]
>perks:
Playing in the streets [Free] Nice to have, especially when dropping in.
'Bertos [100] Cool. I'm a economy-creator now.
School Bus Sam [300] Leadership talent's useful, even if I don't like leading.
The Darkness [400] *Insert laughing Aku*
>powers:
Truth Teller [100] An useful thing.
Density Manipulation [Free] Floating through the air... Because who needs gravity?
Gravity Suspension [100] Not anyone near me. Fun.
Bright Hands [300] Lasers are good too.
Radioactive [100] Seems like an useful protective thing.
Accelerated Aging [100] This is an odd, odd power. Not sure what to use it for.
>items:
Bar Tap [50] No, I don't have a drinking problem.
Bar Tap [50] ...Really, I swear I don't. Buying two of these doesn't mean anything.
>drawbacks:
Hunger [+100] I'm gonna be eating a /lot/ anyway, so I'd need something to wash all that down.
Darkness [+200] And I should probably fix up some lights. Shouldn't be hard to rig up the streetli-
Youth Zone [+300] Or, /OR/, just make a sun. Like, a tiny one. With a smiley face on it. Yes, that's better. Lots better.

I've got no clue what's going on here. But everyone inside this dome is now locked in with a 7-year old godling.

May our great Jump-chan have mercy on the poor kids.
>>
>>55270475
>didn't want anything to do with taking a dick
That made me chuckle
>>
>>55270467
...anon you realise there are almost 1000 jumps by now right? There is a perk for almost everything you can think of by now. How exactly does it have similar language beyond the effect being the same?
>>
>>55270478
Some people thought that Tumblr guy wasn't joking Anon.
>>
>>55270467
People need to stop taking posts like >>55270380 and >>55270126 seriously. He doesn't actually care about the perk. The fact that he's admitting to crossposting alone should make it clear where his priorities lie.

He's just empty inside, and can only get his jollies by watching people fight. Notice the first post doesn't even suggest anything wrong? He wanted people to bite, and only started voicing an actual opinion after they did.

He's just shitposting. Report him, ignore him, call him a twat. Just don't take him seriously, because that's the closest thing he has to social validation.
>>
>>55270406
>a small wooden cabin
As the person who suggested it, I was thinking of the house where Brioche and Yukikaze live, complete with river nearby.
>>
>>55270467
>Sorta accurage
Is making super strength perks plagiarism now too? Because those exist in many jumps, often with very similar language. Similar language like describing how many tons you can lift or what you can destroy, the sort of language that is obviously going to be similar to get across the same effects.

You're an obvious shitposter, home grown or from SB.
>>
>>55270500
Like I said she has been extremely hostile at others for less in the past and I find it ironic and maybe a bit funny but dont really care either way.

>>55270508
Yep.
>>
>>55270467
There are dozens of perks which do similar things in various jumps. The authors don't own these generic powers and effects. Sometimes, something is fitting to a series or otherwise a good idea. People who included Warehouse Attachments or Toggle effects aren't plagiarizing any more than someone who wrote one time-travel story is plagiarizing another.
>>
>>55269715
I'm sorry but I'm shiet at writing things. If I could write what I want i would make it few months ago. Sadly I'm bad at this.....
>>
>>55270519
same, that's basically what i meant, sorry if i wasn't clear
>>
>>55270522
Just like how import and companion options are extremely similar right? Did not stop a fit from getting pitched all thread when val thought someone copied her words just because it was similar. Like I said I really dont care either way.
>>
>>55270482
If it counts for anything, you're still probably not the most powerful 7 year old there, since there's an autistic god being dragged around by his older sister.

I do hope you have some decent durability/regeneration or people will be shooting you out of the sky fairly quickly.
>>
>>55270527
>Extremely hostile for less
I actually recall both plagiarism instances Val has had over the years. Both times had things taken from very recent jumps of hers word for word. The most you can claim is a similar effect, since you've not posted any quotes. You're just trying to drum up outrage by saying it's copied closely when there's no more copied bits than any other two similar perks in two different jumps.
>>
>>55270535
>pic
Is that guy catching his own sick and eating it? Please tell me I'm seeing things wrong.
>>
>>55270550
She posted examples that were almost exactly the same. You've failed to do so. Less than a sentence difference. Your salt at her is painfully obvious. Is that you Echo?
>>
>>55270550
There were literally one or two words changed from the same description. There's a difference between conveying a similar idea and outright copy-pasting.
>>
>>55270561
I am not sure if you are the one who started posting the original shitpost and are just trying to drum up hostility with some kind of moral high ground here but I honestly dont give a shit. I dont like the perk but it isnt enough for me to willingly care what happens with it one way or another. If you are the original then jimmies for (you) you got a reply.
>>
>>55270603
Says the guy who kept trying to paint this has Val plagiarising someone.
>>
>>55268749
Outsider is a good one, which made things awkward when I eventually ended up in Dresden Files.
>>
>>55268993
Make sure he doesn't have a successor, remove his eyes when he dies to keep him from rezzing himself with eyehax again.
>>
>>55270536
The item description’s clear enough, though I’d drop the word wood.
>>
>55270610
Yes yes I am "sure" you think that was me while I at the same time am certain you were the one with the retarded original post, now that you got replies you are flooding and shitflinging because you want more, have fun with that, no (you) for you.
>>
>>55268749
Outlander and Traveller are the titles I usually use.
>>
>>55269321
Pretty much. Also literally bread and circuses, except the patricians are too greedy to feed everybody so only the team that wins the circus gets free bread.
>>
>>55270644
Nope. Still you who made the post despite this really absurd attempt at making people think otherwise. You still haven't posted quotes to prove anything either, despite everyone asking. I even went and had a look to see how bad a shit poster you are. You're a really bad shitposter.
>>
>>55268749
I usually refer to myself as a being like a Pilgrim, and I'm pretty sure I have a title or name Perk that also tells people that I'm a Pilgrim.
>>
>>55270629
done-zo
>>
File: giphy (3).gif (227KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
227KB, 200x150px
>55270659
Just sad.
>>
Someone made an Emoji movie jump and put it in to be sorted <3

I'm glad we finally have someone making jumps based on true cinematic masterpieces and not anime trash
>>
>>55270659
Yes anon everyone is the same person.
>>
>>55270679
It's no fun pointing out how awful you are at your shitposting job if you can't even put in the effort to properly link replies.

Have some pride in your work shitposter.
>>
>>55270659
Just stop feeding him. It's fairly obvious he's just shitposting. So stop.
>>
>>55270688
>true cinematic masterpieces
I wish to punch you through the screen.

But I believe aionon making teen titans go will be enough punishment for you.
>>
File: 5Q57DlH.jpg (614KB, 3208x1753px) Image search: [Google]
5Q57DlH.jpg
614KB, 3208x1753px
What would people want from a Sadness Trilogy Jump?

Not a claim, just curious.
>>
Drive's back up.
>>
>>55270659
The more you deny it the worse you look. All we need now is for rickrod to congrasulate you.
>>
>>55270718
A Drawback where every time you perform an action that you haven't done in that Jump before, David Cage has to take you aside and show you how to do it, using Bob as a surrogate. And this doesn't take up any of your allotted time, you just have to spend some of your own time doing nothing but watching tutorials.

And then an upgraded version of that Drawback where you have to fight Bob himself, who has all of the abilities that he "taught" you, while David Cage narrates the fight.
>>
>>55270718
Stand powers. Magic detective headset. Internet background.
>>
>>55270573
Yes it's exactly that. He is like dog that will throw up and then eat it.
>>
File: 1498491430486.jpg (1MB, 3198x4096px) Image search: [Google]
1498491430486.jpg
1MB, 3198x4096px
>>55270743
>All we need now is for rickrod to congrasulate you.

Congrats in being a cuck, anon.

What the actual fuck I have to do here?
>>
>>55270718
> Heavy Rain
PRESS X TO SHAUN
>>
>>55269321
So in the post-apocalyptic future, the survivor group that rode out the end times the best was made of complete assholes. So when they rebuilt society, they decided to make their dominance over the other territories they conquered along the way as cruel as possible. They do this by every year forcing two children from each territory to participate in gladiatorial blood sport. It's all prettied up and made into a proper sports even with modern sportscasting techniques, just to drive home the message of "we force your children to kill each other and it's nothing but a game for us". The winner of the games gets food sent to their territory, since this is the post-apocalypse and many people are starving, while the losers' corpses are (I'm not making this up) brought back to life and genetically modified into werewolves that are sent out into the arena whenever the showrunners think it's getting too boring.
>>
>>55270560
>If it counts for anything, you're still probably not the most powerful 7 year old there, since there's an autistic god being dragged around by his older sister.
I kinda doubt it... I wasn't kidding when I said I'd try and make a new sun in there.

I'm slotting this one in very late-chain to maximize the horror of putting all that power in the hands of a 7-year old with the appropriate emotional maturity.

>I do hope you have some decent durability/regeneration or people will be shooting you out of the sky fairly quickly.
I'll be fiiine. I put quite a bit of focus on survivability.
>>
>>55270618
I love Dresden Files, but that is definitely one world where you don't want to casually admit to not being a local.
>>
>>55270718
The ability to form a romantic relationship with someone due to plot fiat even though every time we've been in the same scene together I've been choosing the "fuck you" dialogue options.
>>
>>55270718
SHAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUN!! Drawback
>>
>>55270789
Woo boy

I don't think the kids are gonna last long in there
>>
File: Fate Gil Come at me Mongrel.jpg (191KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Fate Gil Come at me Mongrel.jpg
191KB, 1366x768px
>>55270778
You were supposed to say how much more beautiful I am compared to these...mongrels.
>>
File: Uraziel.jpg (107KB, 534x677px) Image search: [Google]
Uraziel.jpg
107KB, 534x677px
so i went into the Bartimaeus jump and stole the ring of salomon, but that ring is so fucking powerful that it burns me and drains my lifeforce away

currently it lays around in my warehouse.
Are there any perks that can help me with that?
I was thinking of drain no to counter the lifeforce draining, but what about the pain of wearing it/control over the spirit?
>>
>>55270610
He does that a lot, trying to tie things in knots by arguing against his own position but actually attacking someone who argued against him originally as though they were him.
He's a predictable little asshole when you get right down to it.
>>
>>55270718
You need a drawback to censor the world (Because ESRB originally rated Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy AO.)
>>
File: this is fine.png (310KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.png
310KB, 580x282px
>>55270814
It'll be fiiine. I'll probably keep them alive.

A kid does need toys friends, right?
>>
In skyrim, can companions take scenarios?

I want one of my kids to be the dragonborn.
>>
>>55270713
>>55270688
Im working on it anons!

I got a perk idea for a 600 YOU COULD BR A COMPUTER AND TOUCH MONKEYS TOO!- or not quite, you have unlocked 85% of your brain percentages, other than a generous boost to your intelligience this also makes you into a robot and grants you telekinesis. Too bad you havent figured oit how to unlock that other 15% but thats still cool right?

As usual im not sure if its gonna make the final cut or not.
>>
Could I make a generic 'world plus' jump, using a bunch of movies/tvshows that are basically the normal world, but maybe one or two people have superpowers? Like the movie Lucythe one with the whole 100% of your brain thing or the jumper novelsMc can teleport. Thats it
>>
>>55270866
You, a 7 year old boy, running excitedly to show his friend a lazergun and hoverboard he built

*5 minutes later*

The neighbourhood is on fire

Bisected children everywhere

The starving orphans eat the corpses of the fallen. The cooked flesh of dead friends smells good after weaks of malnutrition

Drake the 14 year old sociopathic torturer high fives you with his whip hand

Cain shakes his head

Lil pete remains unaware of the situation
>>55270867
"No sweetie, it's time for bed"

"Fus Ro Dah"
>>
>>55270911
That seems like a very blatant power grab.
>>
Battletech waifus?
>>
>>55270911
100% of her brain?

Is her power to have seizures on command
>>
Are you around right now Val? I'd like to know if Perfected Construction could be used to nullify the weakness you have while using Energy Eater.
>>
>>55270911
Rather you didn't. People have made movie based jumps on ordinary stuff before just fine, there's no need for a generic that would pretty clearly just be a list of powers.
>>
>>55270945
Nah she has telekinesis and can see radio waves and learn languages in 30 seconds and other random stuff.
>>
>>55270950
It could, yeah.
>>
>>55270945
>>55270926
Actually thats a terrible movie, but it is the entire premise of how >>55270894 works too, movies perpetuate the myth that you use only 10% of your brain so that of you use 100% you become a god or a computer. Lucy in that movie became a computer, or built a computer? Not sure which but it had a usb drive with all the secrets of the universe and a shiny space scnene when you looked at the usb, was kinda neat, still stupid as fuck. I hate that myth.
>>
>>55270911
Try it and see what you make. It sound like it could be intersting and a way of bringing a number of films together to get a jump for them that may not have had enough merit to have jumps made individually.
I look forward to it anon.
Just be prepared. A shitposter is around and will be needlessly, repetitively negative and will samefag to try and give the impression that it isn't just him against someone wanting to make a new jump.
>>
>>55270380
SBer here, dont use us as your exuse to shitpost. I certainly dont care where the perk comes from and i doubt the rest will either.
>>
>>55270911
I wouldn't reccomend it dude

You're better off just using one setting and finding lots of content from it

It sounds too much like a gneric superpower CYOA otherwise
>>
>>55270977
>I hate that myth.
Same here. Still Hollywood seems to find it useful, so I guess we'll see it alot before it finally dies out.
>>
>>55270980
>May not have enough merit
Don't be silly. If True Lies can have a jump, Lucy or Jumper could. Jumper could EASILY have one. Novels and movie.
>>
>>55270993
>You're better off just using one setting and finding lots of content from it
That's the ideal but some films don't give you much to work with.
A generic, done well, could be a good thing.
I say let the anon try and see what he makes.
>>
>>55270963
Neat. Would there be anything stopping me from just absorbing all energy attacks? And could I absorb the kinetic energy from things like punches as well? Or is it just energy-ey energy?
>>
It's just theoretical. GIven my rather shit work ethic, you might see half a jump in a couple of months, but thats about it.
>>
>>55270995
Its right up there with the slow knights in armor with blunt 15 lb swords myth to me. I hate it so much I feel like timmies hate for this thread doesnt equal 1/100 the hate I have for the armor and sword myths, but this one is a close one too. But I like when someone calls it out and makes fun of it like they did in ttg.

"Thats a myth that tv pushes"

"NUH UH TV DOESNT LIE!" Cut to a teen titans original series season 6 premiere poster
>>
File: GXgYQn3.jpg (287KB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
GXgYQn3.jpg
287KB, 1500x997px
>>55270923
Sounds about right, yes.

Kid-me is going to have fun, and it's going to horribly spiral out of control.
>>
>>55270911
In my opinion try to make it it's own generic might not work.

Also Lucy would be hard to balance against. I'll just list a few that could be fleshed out into Jumps/Origins for your theoretical Jump: Next (Nicolas Cage), Jumper (Hayden Christensen), and Chronicle.
>>
File: Holo 2.jpg (509KB, 3000x4240px) Image search: [Google]
Holo 2.jpg
509KB, 3000x4240px
>>55271061
Cute Holo is Cute.
>>
File: 1504743941783.jpg (121KB, 600x683px) Image search: [Google]
1504743941783.jpg
121KB, 600x683px
>>55271051
Sounds ok, I take a while to do stuff sometimes too but if you have a niche setting or jump idea and you like it often times you need to do it yourself otherwise it wont get made. I mean our standards cant be too high if Im still around right?
>>
>>55270323
So what kind of time-frame are we talking about, for the Space Seed to "slowly" mutate people and animals around it?
>>
>>55270977
Well... at least for >>55270894, the show has the excuse of Beast Boy being stupid, which by the show's logic might mean that he /actually/ doesn't use his whole brain, and using more could just mean he started actually thinking for once.
>>
>>55271017
A generic needs a good base to work. This doesn't have a good base. it doesn't have an underlying theme or setting to tie it together. It has a bunch of movies focused on individual powers. When people say it's going to be a list of powers, that's because unless you make an OC setting, that's all the generic really has to draw from unless you focus more on one specific setting than other...in which case you're basically making that setting but with extra powers in it.

It comes down to a lazy way to go for the special powers shown in single movies instead of just making jumps for those movies.
>>
>>55271097
>not having tail guard
pleb.
>>
>>55271018
Well, you can't move while you absorb. You gotta stand there with your arms out. Given the stated weakness to physical attacks, probably a no on the kinetic energy. Just energy energy.
>>
>>55271018
>Or is it just energy-ey energy?
>energy-ey energy?
Pfft!
You owe me a new keyboard, anon.
>>
>>55271123
Is the "powerlevel" that it increases your DB ki?
>>
>>55271136
Eh, was more meant for an overall energy increase but I guess that works.
>>
>>55271123
Are you updating the jump soon? I recall there were a few changes discussed some threads back.
>>
>>55271151
It's already been updated. Pretty sure I didn't miss any discussion on it. Would be a big help if you could remind/link me or whatevs.
>>
>>55271151
I thought it was Multiverse talks.
>>
1MB, 1x1px
unless there are any objections, this is the version i'm going to post to the drive.
>>
>>55271117
Hes retarded, literally, loot at the little helmet.
>>
>>55271159
Oh, it has? My mistake, then.
>>
>>55271103
I believe in the book series around 5% of the population had powers after 8 months

It was never made clear if this would eventually happen to everyone of if these were all that would be effected

A similar percentage of plant and animals species will recieve minor mutations
>>
>>55271123
Does the Omega Eater perk also give the properties of the item you eat, or just the "enchantments"? And how does it work, exactly? Do you have to chew and swallow, eat them whole, or "absorb" them?
>>
>>55271237
Swallow them whole. It'll give you the powers of the item, so I guess enchantments would be a good word.
>>
>>55271123
Wait, so Perfected Construction doesn't actually nullify its weaknesses? You still can't move, and are still vulnerable to physical attacks.
>>
>>55270936
Mad Kat S-D

but seriously there aren't a lot of waifus and Katrina only wants Vic's dick.
>>
>>55270372
A book by the Animorphs guy
>>
File: German translations.jpg (2MB, 1500x7372px) Image search: [Google]
German translations.jpg
2MB, 1500x7372px
>>55268434

Jumpers!

You must have created or discovered many strange things over time.

What did you name them?
>>
File: Fox girl.jpg (147KB, 800x933px) Image search: [Google]
Fox girl.jpg
147KB, 800x933px
>>55271336
I think that using EE mean that you get for example +50% dmg from non energy attacks.
Perfected Construction delete additional dmg.
>>
>>55271336
You're not vulnerable to physical attacks, that doesn't mean it adds functionality to it so that you can now absorb them. A weakness removed is not a strength added.

As to not moving...hmm, I guess that would fall under it, so my bad there. Creating a vulnerability where there was none before, as opposed to something like a charge up time that's innately necessary.
>>
>>55271395
Oh yeah, the physical stuff is logical. I was just confused because you talked about the "stated weakness to physical attacks". Good that you can actually move though. That perk actually frees me up like 700 CP in the GoH jump then, because I don't need to buy Energy Absorption for every type of energy.
>>
>>55270936
Not a lot, and most of them would want to fuck someone already. Maybe a Clanner? Pick up Star Captain Snu-snu?

Try asking /btg/?
>>
File: 1486189730308.jpg (546KB, 2961x1299px) Image search: [Google]
1486189730308.jpg
546KB, 2961x1299px
>>55271173
Looks good to me.
>>
>>55271425
Oh, sorry, that was mostly me not realising you were asking that question with the other weakness removing perk in mind.
>>
>>55271442
So just to check, 1/16 Saiyan would work for something like being a Demigod in Percy Jackson/Greek Myth?
>>
>>55269730
Be a Ditto in PMD, have Mew/two powers.
>>
>>55271463
Why would you need to check for what is very clearly a valid application for the perk?
>>
>>55271480
I don't think Dittos have the full power of what they transform into outside of the games.
>>
>>55271482
What about Elder God Hybrid from Marvel Magic? Would you consider limiting the perk a little when it comes to nigh-omnipotent deity races?
>>
>>55271482
Since we're doing 1/16, there was a bit of trolling about it earlier in the thread wherein an anon claimed that the perk would allow you discounts in other jumps if fullblood and halfblood were separate trees. I know its retarded, but for the sake of having something citable could you address that please? For reference, >>55270126 is where it starts.

Thanks for the jump, Val
>>
Hey FUAnon, if you're here, how's Crash going?
>>
>>55271482
They probably had an iota of hope, that your transition into a psuedo-SBer could be reversed. Guess not.
>>
>>55271533
>how long before we can officially waifu Coco?
FTFY
>>
I feel like starting a roll chain again, maybe this time I'll actually manage to stick to it. Let's see...

Starting Jump: Magicka or Roll?

Queue:

Setting Requests: Jumps that give me self resurrection options.
>>
>>55271523
Inter-jump balance, anon. Use your own common sense.
>>
Anyone have the Dark Souls update WIP?

I have a mighty need to browse it after I have watched some boss vs boss videos on youtube.
>>
>>55271545
Lovecraft
>>
>>55271545
Roll

Purge
Digimon
Pokemon mystery
Johnny test
>>
>>55271545
>Setting Requests: Jumps that give me self resurrection options.
Sburb.
>>
>>55271523
Inter-jump balance. And "nigh-omnipotent" is a relative and subjective term, so that'd be a silly limit.
>>
>>55271545
A Super Mario Thing
Custom Robo
Kid Radd
Enter the Gungeon
>>
>>55271545
Moana
Be the fire god then go to dark souls.
>>
>>55271523
Stop being weird.

>>55271529
Oh, I saw that. It was so dumb my head hurt a little more than normal when I read through all that.

Seriously, the answer to that question is painfully obvious. If you're a reasonable guy, you'd know that guy is full of shit.
>>
>>55271523
Keep in mind you're not granted the abilities immediately, you have to grow/train into them.
>>
>>55271552
Here anon. I'm halfway done with items as of yesterday as a progress update.
>>
>>55271545
>>55271173
>>
>>55271517
My point is it's heavily implied that Ditto are failed Mew clones.
>>
>>55271523
Val doesn't care she always does what ever the fuck she wants and never catches shit for it. Just take your cheap omnipotence and shut up.
>>
>>55271614
Wait, is it? Huh, I never knew that.
>>
File: tumblr_oi7vhxowf91urkl64o1_1280.jpg (367KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi7vhxowf91urkl64o1_1280.jpg
367KB, 1280x720px
I just realized I forgot to ask what people want in the TAZ jump! So if anyone has requests, throw those into the hat.
>>
>>55271590
Is it so hard to say no?
>>
>>55271590
I know, and I felt like a douche asking, but I had to ask because you know the cunt is just going to do that same bit again and again.
>>
>>55271628
What is taz cause that looks awesome. Like it makes me wonder if magic circles arent just mathematically generated ways of pointing at something instead of voodoo.

Or it could be both.
>>
File: Jump Button.png (30KB, 151x151px) Image search: [Google]
Jump Button.png
30KB, 151x151px
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>55271557
Neat.

>>55271561
>>55271582
Just so you know, I'm not doing silly Gauntlets and only the favorite one will go into the list, the rest will go into the Queue.

1. Lovecraft
2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
3. Sburb
4. Enter the Gungeon
5. Moana
6. Dog Days
7. Johnny Test
8. Kid Radd

Queue: A Super Mario Thing, Digimon, Custom Robo

Now, let's see how this'll go. One voted for roll and the rest abstained, so I guess I'll start by rolling.
>>
>>55271602
Neet, can there be a group companion option? I have a ton of companions (some of the from Dark Souls 3) that I'd love to import.

>That meeting where your Abyss Watcher companion fights corrupted Artorias.
>>
>>55271395
So Perfected Construction enables us to move, as well?
>>
>>55271633
Oh, probably. Just ignore or make fun of them when they pop up.

>>55271631
I was gonna say something witty, but then I realised I had nothing witty to say, so I tried finding a song lyric to post in response but your post was inconveniently not a match for the first few links on google. Please try and match your posts to songs so I can just mindlessly post back lyric excerpts from the same songs back to you. This sort of rambling thoughts are about the best you're gonna get here.

>>55271663
Mhm.
>>
File: ATT410632.jpg (17KB, 489x395px) Image search: [Google]
ATT410632.jpg
17KB, 489x395px
>>55271628
I read that as TMZ jump. Just thinking that makes me hate everything slightly more.
>>
>>55271631
Everyone should do like val. Just make the most powerwanky broken shit then post it and say something stupid back while giving non answers. I sure am glad she is here slowly turning this thread into sb!
>>
>omnipotence posting
>Val posting
>dat passive aggression
Again? Really? I know that the fashion is reboots, prequels and sequels, but can't you do something original? Honestly, I know you're going to shitpost so please just find some new material.
>>
>>55271698
You know your shitposting just makes actual criticism more difficult, right?
>>
>>55271650
The Adventure Zone, a D&D Podcast where three brothers and their dad play D&D, with the first story having ended after a few years. The image is unrelated, but here's a link to the artist.
https://www.artstation.com/weeneeds
>>
>>55271547
>Use your own common sense.
All right.
>>55271590
Sorry.
>>
>>55271590
Out of curiosity, what are some examples of things Elementalism: Fire (EX) might be able to do?
>>
>>55271662
At the moment I'm thinking about defaulting to the way I was thinking with Bloodborne. Small import, but more potent (was also thinking of going back and updating that to be more potent if I ever went back to it). If I include a group import it'd probably be a small group instead of the full lineup, like 3 instead of 8.
>>
Is there any way to trap nier automata terminals in eternal agony?
>>
>>55271742
Maybe have a big group import that just gets less CP then the single import. Like only 300/400/500CP instead of 800CP
>>
>>55271749
What why?
>>
>>55271628
Garfield the Sales Warlock. You have to offer him as a companion, you just know it.
>>
>>55271749
Probably, nothing in jump to help you with that though.

You sadist.
>>
>>55271628
I really need to get around to listening to TAZ at some point. I like My Brother My Brother And Me, and I like roleplaying podcasts, so it should be right up my alley. But I'm like sixty episodes behind on Six Feats Under, so I kind of feel like I should finish that first before I start a new podcast.
>>
>>55271732
Now you're just making me feel bad. For a more straightforward answer, I'm not going to add in limits like that. For one, there's nothing I could use to justify it aside from inter jump balance. Two, a fair number of the examples thrown around don't actually seem to be at the level of GT itself in terms of power. Sure, a few do exceed it but in those cases a fair bit of the time, the problems are also less than they appear since you're only a normal member of whatever race is brought up, not the peak of that race.

So while yes, there probably is some broken usage of the perk somewhere, the same can be said for many of the other perks in the same jump and many other jumps.

>>55271740
Erm. Probably some really badass fire/heat magic? At the very least you're looking at EX rank spells or even high level NP rank spell attacks (Remember that spells and NPs run on different ranks) when you're using fire to attack. Sorry, I really don't have much to offer for that save "You're really really really badass with fire magic".
>>
>>55271463
>Percy Jackson/
I'd recommend not going to GT first, then. Becoming a full god ends your chain in PJO, I think.

>>55271795
>you're only a normal member of whatever race is brought up, not the peak of that race
Huh, you know I hadn't even thought about it, but it would synergize really well with Ultimate One, wouldn't it?
>>
>>55271765
It's a hangup I have with design and numbers than a balance concern. In Dark Souls, I think this solitary journey through dead lands and darkness, with sparse few allies found along the way, is really iconic. I'm not going to do something dumb like take away companions, but I can at least match the tone by limiting imports during the design phase.
>>
>>55271833
Probably.
>>
Are there any perks which would allow you to train all your alt-forms at the same time (without just combining them)?
>>
Quick question about Eclipse Phase. If I am reading this right Resleeving for us is not the same as the locals as it would not make a copy and delete the one left behind right?
>>
>>55271852
I'm glad there are jump makers who try to make their jumps match the setting.
>>
>>55271853
Hi Val, can I ask if the perk from Weakness of Beatrice that allows you to influence magic systems, Maker of Magic, could also work on Xianxia cultivation systems? Are they sufficently 'magic' that it wouldn't be wanking to say the perk allowed you to influence them?
>>
>>55271887
Pretty much, yes.
>>
File: Jumper Showing Off.jpg (207KB, 806x990px) Image search: [Google]
Jumper Showing Off.jpg
207KB, 806x990px
Howdy /JC! If you could help Batman from the Animated Series with:
Hard Science (Raildex Technology)
Custom Robo Parts and Robo (Custom Robo [Other Robos, Other Parts])
Dial Tech (One Piece[Tinkerer and Dial Box])
Symbiote, Gadgets, & etc. (Ultimate Spiderman)
RIG’s, Modular Desgins, Universal Clamps, Power Nodes, Infinitely Customizable, & Universal Clamps. (Deadspace)
Not-So-Ethical Science and Beyond the Bleeding Edge (Spiderman Trilogy)
E-Gadd Tech (Super Mario)
Robot production, powering stuff by cuteness or exotic energies, feats equal to Eggman’s works. (Sonic Classic [Conqueror Perks Capstone Boosted])
21st Century technology (Santa)
Nanites, Dream Pods, Trait Chips, Plumb Bots, & Mind Melder (Sims 3)
Showa Kamen Rider Cybernetics, ‘Substitute’ one energy for another and the Power Cosmic (Kamen Rider)
Nanomachines (Dues Ex)
Nanites (Generator Rex)
Cobra Technology and Super Weapons (GI Joe)
Cyber Elves, Skills, Software, Reploids, and more (Megaman Zero)
Engineering, Software, and Hardware (NuTrek)
Runcible Technology (The Polity)
Ars Magus, Armagus, & Anti-Causality tech (Blaze Blue)
Ace Genetic [Good Virus] Engineer, (Red Dwarf)
R-Type, K-Type, Bydo Reverse Engineering Technology (R-Type)
EDF Technology (Ultraman)
Self-Updating Super Efficient Software (Generic Video Game Designer)
Magitech (Strike Witches)
More Robot Tech (Cave Story)
Gero-Tech (Dragon Ball/Z)

What would you do?
My plan is to just give him a Symbiote (Ultimate Spiderman). But I thought I'd ask you guys, currently building and writefagging and part of the writefagging is asking Hero BBS (You guys) for ideas.

Pic unrelated but funny.
>>
>>55271887
Resleeving already doesn't do that, it transfers you bit by bit so that there's no discontinuity. Instead you go from your brain running on one piece of hardware, to running on two pieces of hardware, to running on one piece of hardware again. That's not the case in farcasting, where light speed lag over a distance means that you can't keep the two systems continually connected, so you have to upload the ego state all at once and send that off in a single burst. But even that doesn't do the "make copy and delete the old one", because for the sake of speed it uses destructive uploading. There's no "original" to be deleted, the data is transferred directly. The only thing that creates copies of your mind instead of just moving it around is ego forking, for which you get a free perk to cause all your forks horrible existential agony so that the core you can feel a tiny bit better by hanging on to the illusion of persistent consciousness. You monster.
>>
>>55271956
Well, I guess it'd depend on the system in question. Don't some of those call themselves magic and some go for a ki thing? I'd say it's on a case by case basis there, working if the system is referred to as magic and not working if it's not.
>>
>>55271970
Would Batman even accept the Symbiote? I mean he seems to like the whole non superpowered thing he has going on.
>>
>>55271998
Yeah, he kinda seems to reject anything that isn't mundane and designed by his hands. I think he's been offered Lantern Rings before and turned them down.
>>
>>55271974
> for which you get a free perk to cause all your forks horrible existential agony so that the core you can feel a tiny bit better by hanging on to the illusion of persistent consciousness. You monster.
Isn't that the Drop-In capstone?

The free perk's the magic create-a-fork-with-a-touch perk. Which has always seemed really weird to me.
>>
File: Fire Giant Blacksmith.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Giant Blacksmith.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
>>55271656
Welp, guess it's time to be an ordinary Magi-Guy!

Background: Living Legend - God of Fire (400)

Perks: 900
Haka (Free)
DISNEY! (100)
Monstrous Nature (Mandatory)
Shell of Gold (Free)
Force of Nature (300)
A Greater Gift (500)

Stuff:
Chicken (Free)
Entrance to Lalotai (Free)

Drawbacks: +300
We were Voyagers (+300)

Fire.

An ancient, primordial force. Mortals fear it, for they do not fully understand it's depth. It is destruction yes, but it is more than that. It is also rebirth, resurrection, creation, strength and most importantly inspiration. And... I felt something within me, a hole missing. Surely my whole existence couldn't have been this, hovering over a block of steel hammering away at creations unimaginable by mortal minds. I looked out across the vast ocean, and settled to do something about it.

I forged a great shit from steel, dragging a vast bulk of resources from Lalotai in the process and sailed the seas with my vast creation. Once along my adventure I encountered the great Demigod Maui and a little mortal girl. I ended up arguing with Maui about not making him a new hook because /really/? What has he ever done that deserves a /second/ hook?

Eventually I did discover what I was searching for, the hole in my heart was filled.

I had been mortal... Once...
>>
>>55272017

Would he accept being trained in anime-tier martial arts?
>>
>>55271965
Cool, thanks.

>>55271974
Huh the way Sleeving says in the jump makes it seem entirely different. Still this is much better then fearing my jumper would keep getting deleted. Nah I would never make copies of myself like that, atleast not with forking. Thank you.
>>
>>55271998
Animated Batman has used power suits, lantern rings, and other stuff. Don't know about the other but this one is willing to do anything face down threats.

>>55271998
>>55272017
Animated Batman, not saying any other, seems willing to take anything he can get.
>>
>>55272029
Oh, you're right, yes it is. Silly me. So that's good, you have to intentionally cause your forks endless suffering, much more humane.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>55272031

I have forged a path for myself, but where will it take me?

1. Lovecraft
2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
3. Sburb
4. Enter the Gungeon
5. A Super Mario Thing
6. Dog Days
7. Johnny Test
8. Kid Radd

Queue: Digimon, Custom Robo
>>
>>55268592
>>55268625
On the more positive side, she also preserved a nation of elves against the fading of magic and time with her weaker ring,
>>
>>55272038
I'm not really sure, he doesn't seem to continue training under anyone or learning with others (although he does seem to continue doing independent research). If you could get him to be receptive though, he did train under an immortal assassin for martial arts and all. As long as it was nonlethal or could be used for nonlethal ends, I think he'd be open to that.
>>
>>55271852
Okay the, I guess I'll just have to single out which of my companions would fit most in the setting/benefit most from the perks.

Can the OC companions gain some CP to spend? Or at least gain perks that would match their background? (such as the Divine Knight gaining the first 3 perks in the God perk tree).

Otherwise companion imports would almost always outclass the OC companions. Especially if your planning on making the OC as expensive or even costlier then the regular imports.
>>
>>55271975
Right. That's.... unfortunate given how many cultivations systems and magic have... wierd relations, either ambiguity or intermixing or general vagueness.
Coiling Dragon for example, starts off before Saint-rank practioners are either fighters or mages, but both are using the same energy in different ways and then after Saint rank are effectly the same thing.
Desolate Era has ki refiners which despite the name are basically magic users to the Body refiners fighters.
World of Cultivation has the yao arts which are clearly magic of a sort but are otherwise powered by long energy, the same energy used for cultivation by everyone including non-yao-arts-users.
Legend of Gods and Demons has demon spiritualists who are kinda magic users if you tilt your head and squint, but probably not.
I really don't like houseruling where I don't have to; do you know if there is a perk that can synergise with Maker of Magic to allow it to work with xianxia systems? Or maybe I should just hope someone makes a xianxia jump with a synergistic perk...
>>
>>55272097
>long
*ling
Ooops
>>
>>55272092
You know, that's a pretty cool idea, referencing how OC companions would have the equivalent of certain perks in the Jump through their nature. I'll write that down.
>>
>>55272097
Sounds like a real trudge.

I don't believe I can really think of a way for MoM to work that way. All that comes to mind is perks that combine magic and spiritual stuff...but even then MoM would only work on that fusion so unless you have a way to do it system wide it's not much use.
>>
>>55269950
They're canonical in Xenoverse, anon.
>>
File: Get ready for Science.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Get ready for Science.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>55272038
>>55272090
Whelp I'll be posting this then. This is what I've got so far... https://pastebin.com/x4BpYSUG

He's (His 'Company') going to be the one to build the stuff, I'm just making a deal with him in this scene.
>>
>>55270315
Trunks is a half-saiyan.

Half-Saiyans are indeed superior to full Saiyans. IN THEORY. We're told this over and over, and Gohan shows it off up to the Cell Saga, but afterwords he stops training so we can't be sure if it remotely applies once you get to God level. Maybe he'll surprise us in the tourney, who knows.

However, the only quarter Saiyan we see is Pan (Bra is half, obviously), and while she definitely has tons of potential and inborn power, she's not at the full ridiculous bullshit level of her father or uncle.
>>
>>55270380
Val got angry because it was almost a word for word copy paste. This perk is similar to the one from Bleach but has a limitation on how far back it can go and is worded differently.
>>
>>55272201
It's really hard to say because Goku and Vegeta are the only one's that have the personalities to keep training constantly without a world ending threat hanging over their heads.
>>
>>55272097
>Desolate Era
Is there "cultivation method" for each Dao (e.g. Heartforce, Sword Arts, Space-time)? Otherwise, why the hell is "Sword Arts" singled out as its own thing?
>>
>>55268494
Gah! My eyes! Can't quite read that. If you could fix that?
>>
>>55272146
There's going to be a Stellar Transformations jump (hopefully) made by Bramastra over at SB after Desolate Era's done. I think I'll ask him if he can put in a similar perk that allows control over cultivation systems.
ST does have a thing where the MC has a distinctly different cultivation system compared to everyone else in the setting, so there should be a basis for it.
Until then I may just houserule for myself that cultivation systems are close enough for some influence through the perk but not the whole shebang.

Also, thanks for the jumps Val, they've been awesome. Sorry also about having so many questions. I hope I haven't been a bother.
>>
>>55272246
Those three were the examples because they are the Daos shown most frequently in the series. Besides Heartforce, which is its own thing, you train in every Dao pretty much the same, which is gathering insights.
>>
So, a random brainstorm question: If someone uses a mind-reading ability on somebody from Worm (out of context mind reading) do you think the telepath should be able to read just the human thoughts?

Well, assuming you don't have transdimensional mind reading.
>>
>>55270894
Can we have our own version of Raven's cloak? Enforced gloominess seen with the lady legasus thing optional?

Also, a perk to be a smaller, more cartoony version of yourself to fit in?

Something, anything, based on the 40%40%20% episode?
>>
>>55272288
Well, the shard's influence on the host's mind is supposed to be relatively minor and subtle, so maybe you'd get a hint of its thought process? Not full-on mind reading, but surface thoughts, maybe.
>>
>>55272246
You need to cultivate Dao until you reach Doafather/Edler God level and need at least one heavenly dao and a cultivation method using it to reach that point.
Sword-arts and such are grand dao, one level below, but they (and heaven dao and maybe things outside of that classification system) can be developed to form a x-force (sword-force, heart-force, etc) You can develop a force until it forms a world-seed and use that to become a World God/Chaos Immortal. Alternatively a daofather can become a chaos immortal through understanding the Dao of Chaos, but that's massively difficult.

>Otherwise, why the hell is "Sword Arts" singled out as its own thing?
No sure what you mean here. There maybe a bit of an emphasis in the jump on that as well as Space-time and heartforce because those are the things the MC trains in. Nothing stops you from going your own way though.
>>
>>55272288
Yeah. Probably just the human thoughts, unless you can read minds transdimensionally?
>>
>>55272229
Yeah, Gohan is a bit sabotaged by his personality. Still, Super tells us Gohan is at '80% of SSG' at his current power level, so there's still some room for him to get up near Vegeta if he decides to keep up training (he probably won't.)
>>
>>55272275
So do you need to undergo the trials and tribulations for each Dao to reach a given "stage", or does a Wanxiang Adept of Sword Arts achieve further progress in other Daos from that general level?
>>
>>55272330
more likely you would here some thoughts in a slightly different tone or hear some background noise. something you might not catch if you did not look for it.
>>
>>55272356
I think that's really the only "downside" to Half-Saiyans. Sure, they have greater potential and growth speed because they have the emotional human side mixed with the power and traits of the Saiyan side. But, they have more human mindsets, so they care about other things besides fighting, so it doesn't dominate their lives, so they don't strive to always keep pushing towards new levels like a pure Saiyan.
>>
File: 1485395981596.png (81KB, 578x488px) Image search: [Google]
1485395981596.png
81KB, 578x488px
Jump 10: Batman - The Animated Series
Origin: Vigilante
Perks:
Timm Design
Gimmick - Samurai-esque aesthetic.
Secret Identity
Friend of the Police
The Flying Jumper [1300]
Disappearing Act [1200]
Martial Discipline [1000]
"Peak Human" [800]
All-Star Training [500]
The Greatest Mind [200]

Items:
Costume
Grey Ghost Memorabilia
Jumper Computer [0]

Companions:
Companion Import x2 [1400]

Captain Rosewater "The God of War"
Perks:
Timm Design, Gimmick - Pirate, Secret Identity, Friend of the Police, "Peak Human" [400], All-Star Training [100], The Flying Jumper [0]

Sho Fukan "The Edgeless Blade"
Perks:
Timme Design, Gimmick - Ronin, Secret Identity, Friend of the Police, "Peak Human" [400], The Flying Jumper [300], All-Star Training [0]

Drawbacks:
Rogue's Gallery [1200]
The Demon's Head [1500]
Mass Hysteria [1600]

Gotham City. There's a lot of words associated with that name. Insanity. Disaster. Crime. Superstitious. Cowardice. Blood, blood, blood under the mad laughter of a pale and sickly-looking clown in his twisted vendetta against a lone vigilante. We all know the story, don't we? Anyone with even a passing knowledge of 20th to 21st century pop culture could recognize it in a heartbeat. So the presence of two swordsmen and a single pirate Captain wouldn't really change a whole lot.

At least, as far as Batman was concerned. The Demon's Head had our scent, something we didn't realize until the assassination attempts became more and more intricate. It was odd how we had earned the ire of such a notable rogue - the battles we fought had felt disconnected, relatively unrelated. How had we suddenly become the prime enemy of Ra's Al Ghul? To be honest, after making so many enemies and then cutting them down in the last few worlds, I had barely noticed the difference.
>>
>>55272344
>Dao of Chaos
The stuff about the Doa of Primordial Chaos was fucking weird. In the beginning it was like masterting it made you massively powerful. But then later it turns out that anyone who become a World God/Chaos Immortal that way is somehow extremely weak? I still don't get it.
>>
>>55272330
I was thinking more of the thought-based information/processing powers - Take QA for example, processing senses and control for every insect in range.
Do you think it should be that you gain the sensory overload along with the thought responses or the thoughts arising from perceptions that simply aren't there.
>>
>>55272414
So let's talk about the subject of killing a little bit. After recruiting Sho Fukan, someone who detests violence enough to intentionally handicap himself, I had to re-examine it a little bit. Because after the world of sword and sorcery I had found my fire and ambition in, I simply didn't care about it anymore. I had to fight and kill not just to survive, but thrive. And when people actively trying to kill you for various reasons, you tend to lose sympathy for them. It's murder. I don't have any illusions about that. So I try to answer in proportion to the crime - petty thieves, con artists, and the like we just disable and leave for the police. Mass murderers, psychopaths, and the like? We put them down. Like I said, it wasn't something I paid any mind to…I think spending so much time fighting and killing wore down what I otherwise considered a basic sense of decency back in my world.

In the worlds of Thunderbolt Fantasy and Sword and Sorcery, this was par for the course. Majikoi, no -person- really tried to kill me and most battles were friendly duels. Or me getting jobbed. One Piece, generally, the Admirals and their crew usually had enough sense to realize when they were beaten and the body count was usually incidental on our part. But here, that wouldn't fly with the Bat. Sure, we gleefully put down rogues of both ours and his that were a big enough threat while leaving the 'smaller' ones to the police, but Batman made it clear he didn't approve of our vigilante antics out here.
>>
>>55272344
Heartforce seems to be different from other daos, though. Those characters in the series who cultivate it regard it as a cultivation method in its own right, the equivalent of Ki Refining or Fiendgod Body Forging. And you can create an inner world with it without having to sacrifice your existence like you would with other world-seeds.
>>
File: I Am Here!.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I Am Here!.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>55268749
Traveler, or if I have to explain it I usually open with "So, have you ever heard of 'multiverse theory'?"
Also that birb is cute.

>>55271388
Usually terrible scientific-sounding names. Because I am notoriously terrible at names.
>>
>>55272429
Apparently, Sho and Batman had a talk about this when I wasn't paying attention. I would have killed to hear how that conversation went. He did advise me to try a less heavy-handed approach in a world that would look down on us for such things, and I reluctantly agreed - though we already had a reputation of being a worse alternative than running into the Bat. Our vendetta with Ra's Al Ghul eventually turned into a 1v1 sword fight with him over the mouth of a volcano. Despite the wide gap in skill and power, the old man was able to keep up with me and happily used every dirty trick in the book to get an edge over me. This was when I learned not to underestimate those seemingly weaker than me.

Still, I outlasted him and kicked him into the mouth of the volcano. Then he somehow showed up again a few weeks later. Figures.

…am I out of touch…?
>>
>>55272371
You need to understand a lesser dao, then you can become a celestial immortal/empyrean god; before that your insights into the dao are useful for attacks.

>does a Wanxiang Adept of Sword Arts achieve further progress in other Daos from that general level?
If you understand the Heavely dao of Water for example, you should have an easy time learning the subordinate grand and lesser dao, as they are in a way part of the heavenly dao. They come as flashes of inspiration.
Grand dao and lesser dao not subordinate are still simpler than a heavenly dao and so are easier to learn. The other heavenly dao are still difficult to learn, maybe a little easier because you've learned one and understand the process, but there's the issue of 'sets' and Dao interferring with one another.
If you are talking about what I think you are, it shouldn't be relevant at the Wanxiang level as you'd have your hands full with just your chosen lesser dao.
>>
>>55272371
Not really, no. The first few stags are really more about accumulating enough elemental essence. The only real trial in the cultivation stages you can reach in that jump would be the Tribulation you'll have to weather when trying to become a Celestial Immortal.
>>
>>55272191
>“So, to prove to myself that I was not having a psychological episode I applied the scientific method to my memories, to see if they held water.” The doors opened and we entered a clean room. I kept quiet for the entire process whilst the room cycled before the blast doors opened and we were allowed into my primary main lab area. “I tested each piece of technology, applied incredible research into my new skills, and had contracted members of my staff confirm that my acts were not mere delusions. This took incredible amounts of time, money, and resources but it was well worth it.”
Something seems off with your character... I've read all of your entries that I could and this seems a bit off. I don't know why. Also as you said, if it is Wayne Enterprises that is making the Symbiote then he might take one, as a sign of good faith and as something that can help him clean up crime in Gotham but you DO know that this is going to end up with Symbiote(s) being all over Gotham right?

>“In both his and criminal minds yes.” I admitted. “In truth he’s the result of childhood trauma and too much money combined with a deadly dose of determination.”
Hitting way to close to home here.

>The rest of the day was spent hashing out the deal the old fashioned way, but Batman agreed, if only to stay in the loop about what me and my companies were doing.
Yeah I could see that.

>Hell he might even be planning to pay a visit as the caped crusader,
Nah that's basically guaranteed.
>>
>>55272288
I would assume you'd notice something weird going on but nothing really beyond that. Kind of like static everywhere.
>>
i just started reading kill 6 billion demons for the jump and it's pretty creative, but the tumblresque feminism stuff is quite annoying
Will that get better over time or will it always be that way?
>>
>>55271974
Destructive uploading is still the same in that it still kills the original, which would be you.
>>
>>55272509
>tumblresque feminism stuff
You didn't realize it'll have that stuff from the art alone? It pretty much screams tumblr.
>>
>>55272436
>And you can create an inner world with it without having to sacrifice your existence like you would with other world-seeds
What? Sacrifice? Could you clarify what you mean here, please?

>Heartforce seems to be different from other daos, though. Those characters in the series who cultivate it regard it as a cultivation method in its own right, the equivalent of Ki Refining or Fiendgod Body Forging.
Yes it is. As I understand it, if you form a world seed from any other force, then you'd just be able to use it to become a World God or Chaos Immortal, but heartforce either forms a heartworld instead or as well as allowing you to become a World God.

Here's a useful quote I kept when reading through it:

>Ki Refiners train in Immortal energy. They are skilled in secret arts and magic treasures.
>Fiendgods train in their divine body. They are skilled in divine abilities and in using weapons in close combat.
>Heartforce Cultivators establish heartworlds. They train in heartforce and know many mysterious powers that can strike at an enemy’s heart, slaying them with a thought.
(http://www.wuxiaworld.com/desolate-era-index/de-book-30-chapter-35/)
>>
>>55272514
Well, that's debatable. Are they really dead or have they just undergone a transformation? But it's certainly not creating a copy and then deleting the original. There's no original around to delete.
>>
>>55272405
As far as making heroes, though, it makes them vastly superior. That humanity means they're way more likely to be able to care about people in general and hold up ideals. Even someone like Goku cares way more about getting his combat rocks off than saving anyone.
>>
>>55272288
You wouldn't notice anything different. The shard doesn't have it's own thought process or mind. It just runs calculations to let the power work. It would be like if you made a computer out of flesh and tried to mind read it. It doesn't have a mind to read.
>>
File: Just-Umbra.png (762KB, 1024x453px) Image search: [Google]
Just-Umbra.png
762KB, 1024x453px
>>55272042
Eclipse Phase's Ego Bridges are based on the concept of "Moravec Transfers," but the authors use the generic term "Uploading" to describe their function.
This gets peoples' wires crossed when existential debate time rolls around, which is made more confusing by the presence of other upload methods in the setting's past whose use persists in some backwaters.

In general, EP natives prefer the Moravec method. During the Fall, however, it was any port in a storm and any method to get even a little of you off Earth was taken when the alternative was being eaten by a TITAN. Because a large fraction of the population needed to upload in some form at least once just to survive, society and law assume that uploads are the same people because if not the death toll was effectively even higher. Given it was already something like 90% of all living humans dying and the majority of the remainder are uploads... it's not a subject most of humanity is willing to nitpick.

You, as an outsider (player or jumper), have the privilege of choosing whether or not to disagree with their assessment. Personally, I find that Moravecs cover everything I'd be concerned about and then some. You may disagree, but because the Resleeving perk (and Ego Bridge item) puts fiat to it the jump can be used comparably regardless of the individual's interpretation.
>>
>>55272532
>forms a heartworld instead or as well as allowing you to become a World God.
You get a heartworld either way if you get your heartforce to level 6.
>>
>>55272532
>What? Sacrifice? Could you clarify what you mean here, please?
It was something that got mentioned when Ning was originally learning about World-level Immortals. You don't actually need Heartforce to make a world, it's just that if you don't have a Heartworld to expand into one you instead have to make it out of your own body by sacrificing yourself like Pangu did.
>>
>>55272509
The solution is to jump in and beat the shit out of the feminist characters.
>>
>>55272542
They're dead. Anything else is space magic.
>>
>>55272530
i knew it originated from that place, but i hoped i wouldn't notice in the story....but it's impossible not to notice. I just hope it get's better. Shame really, as i said; pretty creative stuff and i love the hindu/bhuddistic/jewish mythology mix
>>
File: Keitaro 005.jpg (20KB, 219x267px) Image search: [Google]
Keitaro 005.jpg
20KB, 219x267px
>>55272485
>Something seems off with your character...
I'll just leave this here.
Drawbacks:
Extended Stay [+000]
No Killing Rule [+100]
Mentally Ill [+200]
Gotham Beyond [+300]
Rouge Gallery [+200]

>Hitting way to close to home here.
Yeah I know but a few people have pointed out that Batman is more than willing to let such comments happen, it happens once or twice in the series.

>Yeah I could see that.
That's what I've been told by others. I spent a few days talking about this to others, and even asked the IRC about it.

>Nah that's basically guaranteed.
Don't I know it! Granted I can expect week or two for him to get all the information he needs before he hits my place.
>>
>>55272447
So what did you do about the Clown Prince of Terror? How about the Ice King? Poison Ivy?
>>
>>55272356
*Gohan is a bit sabotaged by his mother.

Seriously, Gohan's potential as a fighter is so much better than his ability at being scholar it isn't even funny. Chi-Chi is shit.
>>
>>55272564
Farcasting is different though, is the issue. Sure, changing bodies maintains continuity, but actual travel doesn't. And farcasting for travel is basically the only way to do it except for the ultra rich or traders.
>>
>>55272603
I disagree with you strongly, but I really don't want to get into an argument right now, so let's drop this. I think you're wrong, you think I'm wrong, we could be at this all day.
>>
>>55272625
What if Gohan wants to be a scholar?

Also remember that in Online, Gohan's scholarly approach to ki has him discover an effective teaching method that causes everyone on earth to awaken their ki and pick up martial arts.
>>
>>55272637
You're boring. Clearly though you want to insist on consciousness being magic that always transfers, and not an emergent property of brain signaling and thus something you can't destructive transfer, but there's still fun to be had in the debating.
>>
So a question about Desolate Era that I don't think has been addressed: Most of the really good items are sapient, their spirits having been awakened by so much power. So can they not be taken with you? Or does the fact that they lack personal moral agency and ability to grow and change mean they don't count as "people" for the sake of the Warehouse and are more like highly sophisticated expert programs?
>>
>>55272621
The Joker got killed at the first opportunity. Even separated his limbs and scattered them across the globe just to be sure.

Ice King...not sure who you're referring to. If it's Mr. Freeze, he was probably arrested. Same for Poison Ivy, though I feel like Nameless was on the fence for that one considering how willing she was to mass murder for what amounted to someone stepping on a plant.
>>
>>55272625
Listen anon I don't like Chi-chi, I have many problems with her. But you can't deny that Gohan has always been happier when being studious than he was when fighting.
>>
>>55272662
Everyone pretty much ignored the spirits in-setting, and the MC at one point basically commits spirit genocide by destroying a literal mountain of items for their elemental essence. So I think they'd count as followers rather than companions. They do have personal moral agency and the ability to grow and change btw. They just can't leave their items until they have cultivated enough, which is pretty damn hard for item spirits.
>>
>>55272658
No, that's not what I want to argue. I actually agree on it being an emergent process, what I differ on is that I don't assume consciousness and selfhood are necessarily linked. But again, I really don't want to get into an argument and this response is already a failure at that goal, so I'm just going to leave for now so there's no temptation to debate. I'm going to go on a bike ride, it's a lovely day where I am.
>>
>>55272470
>>55272474
I suppose the crux of my confusion is: When you reach the relevant stage, are you a "Wanxiang Adept", or are you a "Wanxiang Adept of Sword Arts"? Basically, do you need to progress each method to the Wanxiang Stage, or can you just study a Dao so long as you achieve it using the relevant type of Heart-force/Body-refining/Ki-refining branch of cultivation?
>>
>>55272630
Continuity's pretty fuzzy to begin with. Even if you want to discount sleep as a disruption, anesthesia is a much more extreme lapse. Then when you get into scifi, cryonic preservation is even worse as it's an explicit cessation of all biological functions for an extended period of time. It's nice to have, but not a hill worth dying on.
>>
>>55272574
Yes I know, I should have phrased that better.

>>55272588
Pangu was not a normal World God, he was 'birthed' by the Primordial Chaos to create the Chaosworld which eventually became the Three Realms. His entire purpose was to do that and so he died immediately after, but those who cultivate to that level can live for insane periods of time and don't have to make an sacrifice beyond the time and effort to cultivate to the level in the first place.

I don't know if you've maybe read a machine translated version, but this is just completely against my understandng from reading DE that I'm convinced this is mistaken. Do you have a course or quote for me to look into?

As I understand it, all you need is a 6th level Force (or sufficent insight into the Dao of Chaos but we haven't seen anyone actually use that method in the translation yet - Nuwa may have used this method) and sufficent cultivation alongside a decent cultivation technique and then you can become a World level cultivator. The only 'sacrifices' and dangers inherant to the cultivation that I know of are the Tribulations/Calamities (none of which should be an issue for World Gods from just becoming World Gods outside of special territories) and the dangers of Daomerge in preparation of becoming an Eternal Emperor.

>>55272662
I think you'd treat them like any other intelligent item. Basically an item that just happens to be able to talk and hold an opinion. Or maybe as a follower as >>55272691 says.
But such items are able to cultivate and gain independance from their artifact. From that point I'd imagine they would have to be either treated as a companion or get left behind. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>55272691
...Why are all the people in Xianxias such assholes?
>>
File: N. Tropy.jpg (356KB, 1024x1534px) Image search: [Google]
N. Tropy.jpg
356KB, 1024x1534px
>>55271533
It's going well, the new origin was quite easy to plan out so I'm already on the fluff. Should be out some time tomorrow in the evening
>>
>>55272594
means probably that i need some good anti plot armor perks, right?
The setting will get pretty tough as far as i know
>>
>>55272697
>are you a "Wanxiang Adept",
Yes
>or are you a "Wanxiang Adept of Sword Arts"?
Yes also.

If you decided "Oh, I actually like sbaers more than swords" and decided to change you'd still be Wanxiang level, but as your skill would no longer be suited to your weapon you'd be a bt weaker in combat until you adapted to the change.
>>
>>55272691
>They do have personal moral agency and the ability to grow and change btw. They just can't leave their items until they have cultivated enough, which is pretty damn hard for item spirits.
Really? I thought it was that they didn't have those traits until they were able to leave their items by cultivating enough. The item-spirits at Starseizing Manor go on about how humans have the potential to change but they don't, with the exception of the bear spirit who is all "yeah, I've cultivated enough that I have personal agency now". So I assumed the default was that they weren't, and it's only if they grew stronger that they gained personhood.

But yeah, I think I'm going to treat them as followers and not real people. Just because there are some goodies I do quite want.
>>
>>55272561
>The shard doesn't have it's own thought process or mind.
This isn't true, as the shards are living beings which learn, adapt and reproduce.
Their thought process might be utterly alien in scope, scale and detail, but still very much real.
>>
File: Fire Forged Friends.jpg (131KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Forged Friends.jpg
131KB, 900x675px
>>55272067
Mild thing, I remember the Anon that posted Moana wanted me to go to Dark Souls, so I moved A Super Mario Thing back into the Queue and replaced it with Dark Souls.

Pokemon Form: Cyndaquil
Pokemon Partner: Vulpix -> Ninetales (Vera)

Perks: 850
Free Skills (Read Name)
Crush (What?)
All Terrain Hiker (350)
Evolved (200)
Synchronized Souls (300)

Items: 550
Rescuers Badge (Free)
Revive Seed Bag (350)
Aura Ribbon for Partner (50)
Treasure Bag (50)
Heal Ribbon (100)

Drawbacks: +400
Followed (+200)
Unlucky (+100)
Distrusted (+100)

A Strange place, a peaceful place. I awoke in a field only to be found by a large fox like creature, she had a pink ribbon in her hair. She introduced herself as Vera, and asked me what I was doing out here. I told her I had no clue where I was, just that I'd gotten on my boat and then woke up here. There was an odd feeling between us, a sense of rightness.

Apparently, she thought I was Human, I mean, I was Human before I was a God, so technically she's right. Didn't feel like getting into the fact I was a God even though I clearly didn't look the part and just confirmed. I never really cared for my name though, so when she asked me that I merely shrugged, so she called me Hickory, that was alright.

She took me to town and got me a place to stay, although when she left that earlier sense of rightness vanished, and I could practically see a chill go down her spine as well. How odd.

We decided to start a Rescue Team, I named it the Fire Forged Friends for obvious reasons, since both of the founders are rather fiery you know? She did a groaning laugh at the pun, she hated it but she could at least admit it was a little funny.

So, we started doing missions, made a few recruits, got stronger. It felt great, most of the boring details kind of flew under my mind and I just rolled with things generally.

And then there was Fucking Gengar..
>>
>>55272309
>Something, anything, based on the 40%40%20% episode?

I have so much planned for those episodes.

>Ravens cloak
So just a cloak that hidesall your body and most of your face? Is also super warm and cozi and may or may not help with magic? I can do that

I was thinking a toonier altform option.
>>
>>55272722
Anon was exaggerating. Those items were never confirmed to have their own spirits as far I can remember. So as far as Ji Ning knew or was concerned he was melting down scrap.

>assholes
Dissonance in cultural values; mistranslation or interpretation?
Most of the MC are okay for the most part, but several do at least something skeevy at some point; but see above.
Considering that you are effectly reading a biography of a person's entire life... well, who has never done anything wrong or questionable their entire life?
>>
>>55272641
I'd buy that if he actually showed any REAL interest in anything besides martial arts. He says he wants to be a scholar, but he never displays any interest in a specific field, and even wants Pan to be a freaking martial artist so he can vicariously live through her. I don't think Gohan even mentions what his major actually is, presumably because it isn't really important to him. Only scholar, scholar, scholar. It's kind of hard to see his desire to be a generic scholar as being the result of anything besides his mother's soul sucking.
>>
>>55272765
Even the weakest spirit we saw, the lamp in that one estate, acted basically as a normal person would.
>>
>>55272718
>I don't know if you've maybe read a machine translated version, but this is just completely against my understandng from reading DE that I'm convinced this is mistaken. Do you have a course or quote for me to look into?
Give me a minute, I'll find it. It was when Ning was first exploring the Pangaea Prisonworld and talked to that dog monster. That was...book 19, I think.

...Yeah, you're right. I got confused. Primordial World Gods made by the sea of Chaos need to sacrifice their lives to make worlds, but that's because that's what they were made of. There was no mention of other World Gods doing so, I misremembered.
>>
>>55272820
Damn it, I meant "made for", not "made of". Whoospy-typos.
>>
>>55272812
>Those items were never confirmed to have their own spirits as far I can remember.
I'm pretty sure that all items after a sufficiently high quality threshhold have their own spirits. And the items he melted down were at the, idk, Protocosmic level? Either way, they were strong enough to have spirits.
>>
>>55272617
>Drawbacks:
Holy shit those drawbacks. So, what about being mentally ill, the one that is equal to Ventriloquist and Two-Face, is keeping you from being a cagey fuck.
~Rereads the entry again~
Oh wait you just don't care, you've got a superiority complex don't you? A really bad one that your nature as a Jumper is feeding into. Everything you've done has been in such a way as to have the greatest control and with overwhelming power. Trapping Batman in his Bruce Wayne face, throwing context to the winds, and changing the world to your whims. You're still a positive force but you don't seem to be caring about the little guy right now.

Also I caught the Fantastic Four reference there.
>>
>>55272817
So get a bunch of pods, then? Because I really want some of these things. Not all of the really cool treasures show awakened spirits, but enough of them do.
>>
>>55272722
Because in xia world might makes right. I like when an actually halway decent person shows up literally everyone acts like they are Jesus 2 electric bugaloo.
>>
>>55272820
Rightio. Thanks for looking that up, anon.

>>55272765
>But yeah, I think I'm going to treat them as followers and not real people.
You'd be safe enough doing that. Just keep an eye on how far their cultivation is getting and how long it would be before they gain autonomy from their artifact. Bear in mind it takes an absurdly long time (but not as absurd as timespans can get in DE)
>>
Does anyone have an answer for this question >>55272421? That was something that really confused me when reading the story. Like, at one point World Gods who have ascended through the Dao of Primordial Chaos are badasses, but then suddenly they are trash? Or did I misunderstand something?
>>
>>55272802
>I have so much planned for those episodes.
>I was thinking a toonier altform option.
Excellent.

>So just a cloak that hidesall your body and most of your face? Is also super warm and cozi and may or may not help with magic? I can do that
Yes, please. Also allows you to do the thing Raven does in the Legs episode, where she just entirely retreats into it?
>>
>>55272685
He enjoys studying more than murderfighting, because Gohan doesn't want to die or kill anyone. He enjoys practicing martial arts and sparring way more.
>>
>>55272851
>little guy
story fuck how did I fuck that up that bad.
>>
>>55272877
>thing Raven does in the Legs episode, where she just entirely retreats into it
Slow door slam as it closed around you, got it. Thanks!
>>
>>55272717
>Even if you want to discount sleep as a disruption, anesthesia is a much more extreme lapse.
Neither one stops brain function, anon.
>>
>>55272717
>It's nice to have, but not a hill worth dying on.
It's the hill you will die on when you ceases, soulless husk that you are.
>>
>>55272812
Most people don't commit mass murder or rape like nearly all xianxia protagonists do.
>>
>>55272743
Plot armor doesn't exist unless the world runs on narrative. Remember this is an actual setting, not a story, from the in-chain context. Nobody is around holding the characters onto tracks.
>>
>>55268749
Current chain is "Liar". The Kill Six Billion Demons Jump reminded me of my interest in Gnosticism in my teenage years, so the metaphysics of my current chain is more or less there being a bunch of Sophias and Demiurges rather than just the one. My jumper doesn't know anything about the truth of reality, but they are the greatest liar at it.
>>
>>55272919
Weirdly enough other than a one or two xianxia I've read there haven't been any I could find that had protags like that. Mostly it endlessly jacking up the power level or hellishly long chapters about watching leaves on a tree grow.
>>
>>55272919
They dont!? Bbl got some things to dispose of.
>>
>>55272763
Alright, thanks.

On another note, would you happen to know what you actually /do/ with the treasures needed for the Eight-Nine Arcane Art once you collect them? Like, do you absorb the materials into your body? Scrap them and drink the molten remains? Just collect them?
>>
>>55272890
Most excellent. Oh god, why am I watching this?
>>
File: Gengar is just the worst.jpg (25KB, 617x525px) Image search: [Google]
Gengar is just the worst.jpg
25KB, 617x525px
>>55272773
>Continued

I would rather deal with literally anyone else than Gengar. I mean, fine, the town people aren't particularly attached to me and I'm a bit odd but do you really have to actively sabotage me? The massive asshole.

Because of him we got ran out of town, Vera wanted to follow me regardless of the danger no matter how much I wanted her to not get hurt, and that feeling I had when we first met felt so much stronger.

By the end of it, I'm not even sure how many Godlings we fought and beat up, but things kind of kept escalating, and then there was a meteor and we were up in the clouds and-

Honestly, I don't know how Maui dealt with these sorts of shenanigans.

But, eventually the day was saved, nobody was going to die, and we finally got back to building our team. When this form evolved to it's fullest I got an odd feeling from Vera, something strong? Fiery like hate but warm like care, the sharpness of possessiveness and jealousy yet the bluntness of lust without actually being any of those.

It was love.

It had been... I'm not sure how long since I felt the emotion, this whole time she'd felt it for me, perhaps it was platonic at first, like a parent to a child. But it grew, like a spark it grew into a mighty bonfire. And now, well, I suppose we'll be together in the future.
>>
>>55272893
You're not conscious in either, anon. You can argue semi-consciousness about the first, but the latter is death if continuity is a hard requirement.

>>55272904
So I take it you destroy any and all cryo-stasis setups out of moral obligation, and punish the degenerates who kill and recreate people so callously as part of their way of life?
>>
File: 1486273110013.jpg (133KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1486273110013.jpg
133KB, 1440x810px
>>55271173
Are gods immortal, or just long lived?
>>
>>55272846
>“It actually isn’t repaird yet.” Ning frowned. “What should I do? I’ve used up almost all the Pure Yang treasures and Protocosmic spirit-treasures. I only have a single Chaos treasure that I don’t need, but there’s a limit to how strong this cauldron is. It wouldn’t necessarily be able to destroy a Chaos treasure,” Ning mused to himself.
Well, it seems like I misremembered. Although it isn't clear if those Protocosmic artifacts have their own spirits, but as artifacts of that level, they really should.

>>55272873
Not that anon but:
There's a thing in DE where being more powerful or using difficult means of obtaining power can grant considerable benefits or make it more difficult to proceed to the next level.
More powerful Daolords have a very difficult time becoming Eternal Emperors while weak ones have an easier time for example.
We have not knowingly seen an example of a World level having gained it through the Dao of Chaos, but we can guess that Nuwa could be one such World God, a such we can't properly compare.
Without a proper comparison we can't say one way or another, but considering a spoiler I heard about Nuwa, then there's a fair chance those who get World level from the Dao of Chaos are stronger than those who use other Dao.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>55272977
So now, here we stand side by side going further along our journey. Where will the path take us? Perhaps to someplace dark and cruel, or perhaps to someplace hopeful?

1. Lovecraft
2. Digimon
3. Sburb
4. Enter the Gungeon
5. Dark Souls
6. Dog Days
7. Johnny Test
8. Kid Radd

Queue: Custom Robo, A Super Mario Thing
>>
>>55272997
>You're not conscious in either, anon
Oh god, you're another massive retard who thinks consciousness in this context refers to wakefulness. Holy shit no, fuck off. It refers to mental continuity and brain functioning. Stop being a dipshit and learn the definitions of words. You're the kind of moron that would never be able to fathom the difference between read and read if your English teacher in elementary school didn't beat you over the head with it.
>>
File: Keitaro 018.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Keitaro 018.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>55272851
>>55272879
Yep I was trying to make it fairly obvious. The thought here was indeed to act like Richard yes.

Captcha Reedsport Reeds

... do you know Captcha?
>>
>>55272966
It just occured to me that you meant the little thing she does where the cloak is floating there but its like a room worth of space in it where she is sitting at the bottom. I will be doing that too.

And you watch it for the high points, ignore the toot episodes.
>>
>>55273009
just long lived
>>
>>55273013
>Not that anon but:
The problem is that I can vaguely remember it being specifically stated that cultivators who ascend to the World God level through the Dao of Pimordial Chaos are weaker than those who used other Daos. That's why confused me so much. Can't find that passage for the life of me though.
>>
>>55271173
Could you rewrite the price of Flonyard Magic to be "Free" instead of "0"?
>>
>>55272965
Hmm, I think Ning ate them... or did he absorb them through melting them with his energy and then through his skin? Sorry I can't remember and my google-fu is letting me down.

>>55273084
Sorry anon. I don't remember that myself.
>>
>>55273042
Yup, that's the thing I meant. Though of course the rest is good to have with it. And yeah, the high points are actually pretty amusing.

Anyway, looking forward to the jump.
>>
>>55273029
I am going to entertain the distant possibility that you have a valid point and aren't just taking an easy opportunity to insult people on the internet. Research time.

I do notice you aren't contradicting the cryonics statement, though. Should I take that to mean you don't disagree there?
>>
>>55273193
I didn't address it because you tried to start from a false premise. Namely, that I would murder people over something they did most likely out of ignorance. There effectively is nothing TO address there. Would I stop them from doing it in the future? Yes, but that's not what you asked. You asked if I was a psychopath. Should I have taken that remotely seriously?
>>
File: 3413890-9597523462-Video.jpg (82KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
3413890-9597523462-Video.jpg
82KB, 620x388px
Is there any jump that a jumper could create their own great galactic crusade? Not warhammer that is but in the same manor as the 40K verse. Reuniting all the lost remnants of humanity.
>>
>>55273225
You're dodging. I brought cryonics up first as an example of a complete shutdown, beyond the two (irrelevant, according to you) examples present in modern medical science. Remember?
>>55272717

The factious question of punishment came later, in response to a different anon. Unless you posted twice in the span of a few seconds, i guess. The question of punishment, mind, had no reference to specifics. Murder's what you decided it meant on your own.
>>
>>55273318
If we're going by existing jumps, Dune would certainly qualify, given that it's one of the inspirations for 40K. Battletech also has mankind spread throughout the galaxy in warring factions with lots of techno-barbarism. I'll look through the drive, see if any others would fit.
>>
>>55273318
Stellaris. Import a ton of human empires, and possibly also have the Stellaris-native humans on Earth there.
>>
>>55273343
>Irrelevant according to you
Because you don't know the definition being used. You're thinking wakefulness. You're wrong. Cryonics is a different thing entirely, and not one I discussed. I'm not discussing the experimental methods they're working on to restart ceased brain activity either, which is a real thing too. Yes you died in the course of those, but what is that relevant for? We're talking about destructive uploads, and you got confused and brought up a few examples that were wrong due to not causing a cessation of consciousness.
>>
>>55272257
>Stellar Transformations
Is that the one being talked about that was a sci-fi xanxia or something?
>>
>>55273372
>>55273382
Cheers for the input.
>>
>>55272447
>Sword fight at the mouth of a volcano with the big bad

Gotta love the classics. Volcanoes are surprisingly underrated as set pieces these days. Such a waste.
>>
>tfw Earth is your least favorite element
>but it's almost objectively better than the others in most instances
>>
>>55273508
Is it?
>>
>>55273508
Water > Earth > Fire > Wind
>>
>>55273547
Why would fire be third? It isn't an element, it's a reaction.
>>
>>55273547
>calling Air "Wind"
That always bugs me. It's like calling the Water element "Stream".
>>
>>55273508
Just control the other elements to such a degree that it doesn't matter that earth is better.

Also your wrong, Wind is objectively the superior basic element.
>>
>>55273508
How so?
>>
>>55273418
This is a more useful response. It provides context for the error beyond just insisting it's wrong, which can serve as a starting point for learning. Thank you, maybe.
>>
>>55273567
Blame the Greeks.
>>
>>55273642
Oh please, let's not start with the Greeks.
>>
>>55273567
>>55273642
TLDR: The Elements were a method of understanding what our universe was made of. They were, technically correct. But later generations misunderstood how they were correct.

The Elements represent what we nowadays call the "Four states of matter", with fire representing Plasma. But because they have the same name as the modern Elements, Oxygen, Iron, etc, people assume our ancestors were idiots.

Because you're fucking morons.
>>
>>55272017
The Lantern rings make you remember your greatest fear. Green is there so that you can overcome it. Yellow so that you can control it.

Batman couldn't stay a GL for long. He has the willpower, but he doesn't want to let go of "MUH PARENTS ARE DEAAAD!" nor does he wish to control his fear.

Deep down Batman is just a scared little boy who lost his innocence when his parents were gunned down in front of him. Seeing how there's no such things as therapists that aren't evil (Professor Hugo Strange).
>>
>>55273654
But you should always start with the Greeks
>>
>>55273546
When you can create it, yes.

>>55273578
Nah. You could make an argument that it's more prevalent, but where there's an atmosphere, earth is probably close by.

>>55273583
Generally you can control/create similar amounts of earth as the other other elements allow, and earth is just plain better in terms of utility, strength, defense, etc. You're just generally doing way more for the same amount of effort.
>>
>>55273671
There were similar ideas in India and China, but I haven't done enough research into it to tell if it was cultural exchange or just similar lines of thought.
>>
Aside from Jorge Joestar, what perks are there that give you power over your offspring?
>>
>>55273480
I'm not sure, but there is a very small sci-fi element in it near the beginning.
Spoilers
The Mc finds a spaceship of sorts with information on a potent cultivation method that eventually allows him to become a universe creator. The technique is incomplete past a certain point and he has to finish it. The maker of the technique originated on a more techologically advanced version of Earth
>>
>>55273668
Howdy Manyfist! That's an odd way of putting it. Any idea for this >>55272191 >>55271970 ?
>>
>>55272191
Steins;Gate/Science Adventure jump when?
>>
>>55273717
There's a perk in EVO for the Bolbox tree that gives you power over your creations, iirc.
>>
>>55273717
Coathangers!
>>
>>55273724
Generic Xianxia
Charmed
Dragonblood charms from Exalted Dragonblood
>>
File: Vera the Ninetales.jpg (102KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Vera the Ninetales.jpg
102KB, 1024x1024px
>>55273021
Origin: Drop-In

Perks: 1100
Time to Freak Out Now! (Free)
No. (Free)
Science Fair (100)
This is stupid. (100)
You can't do that. (200)
Get real. (300)
Walking Disaster (400)

Stuff:
Actual Money (Free)

Drawbacks: +100
Did you say Jelly Beans? (+100)

I bought a house pretty shortly after showing up, Vera apparently had a Human Form although she preferred her Ninetales Form, as did I, but our Pokemon forms would draw too much attention.

It was just our luck that our neighbors were the annoying kind, The parents were loud, their twin daughters made a ton of noise, and their son looked like a massive dweeb. Trying to ignore this, I got some work making metal sculptures and acting as a blacksmith as well as an all around handyman for the community.

It wasn't long before the neighbors met me, brought a really burnt meatloaf, It tasted like cardboard.

The next day he asked if I was any good with broken pipes, good on him to ask a handyman rather than trying to blunder around fixing it himself. Which lead me to be inside their house.

Their son was flying around on a jetpack uncontrolled, I mostly ignored it until I eventually stood up from my work, grabbed the jetpack stopping him in his tracks, and turned it off. I ignored the twins as I got back to work.

The next day they approached me to ask me for help in something, before they even told me what it was I said no. They knocked on the door again, and it turns out they wanted to ask my wife about dating advice.

Let me tell you, they didn't expect "Nearly die five times, climb a volcano, punch three birds and a flying lizard and he'll be yours forever" as an answer.

They sure tried though, God knows they sure tried. Although Vera forgot to mention the part where he's supposed to be with you the whole time.

Vera met the neighbor's dog at one point in her native form, he tried hitting on her for a week before she had enough fun at his expense and told him that she's married.
>>
>>55273508
Water is the best element by a huge margin. Not only does it cover most of the surface of the planet as well as pooling in huge quantities underground but it's literally everywhere in the air, it occasionally falls from the sky in massive amounts, and it can be very easily changed between states for versatility.

Earth is everywhere but unless you've got some serious temperature manipulation you're not getting liquids or gas out of it. It's also limited by gravity so attacking aerial targets can be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>55273664
What about Aether?
>>
>>55273778
Mostly just an explanation for how light and heat travel through space.
>>
>>55273778
Aether was supposed to be what space was made out of. The notion of a physical void was an aberration to the Ancient Greeks.
>>
>>55273708
Japan and India have elemental systems that are basically the exact same, including a 5th element funny enough. China is the only major civilization that developed something which wasn't Earth/Fire/Water/Air, which in and of itself is an interesting thing to study.
>>
>>55271173
Do Companions: get CP?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d8)

>>55273763
From a town filled with madness and fools we set sail, where will our ship take us?

1. Lovecraft
2. Digimon
3. Sburb
4. Enter the Gungeon
5. Dark Souls
6. Dog Days
7. A Super Mario Thing
8. Kid Radd

Queue: Custom Robo,
>>
>>55273769
You forgot how you're often surrounded by leafy green sources of water, or how most of your enemies are primarily made of water too.
>>
Generally speaking how well does cloninf work on Harry Potter creatures, I assume the answer is fanwank it but I mean theres a whole unicorn, a basilisk, and a few skrewts not to mention the aragogs lieing around hogwarts and I want those materials for later. Plus Im wondering if you get cursed for using a unicorn for materials if it is already dead.
>>
>>55273778
Aether/Spirit/Void/Etc. the "fifth element" which changes from culture to culture represents >>55273801
>>55273797
or it represents something metaphysical, like the soul.Depending on the culture and the fifth element in question.
>>
>>55273739
That one occured to me, but it sounds like the inflience would dilute as the progeny has their own kids.

...I should ask Worm about that.

>>55273742
Fuck you, anon. WIth a coathanger.

>>55273744
Particularly Powerful Progeny and Newgenics don't actually give me influence over them, and Dragonblood charms are too weaksauce.
>>
>>55273778
Space, also gravity, because Aether is what holds everything in place, and was their reasoning for why things fell.
>>
File: dogentersthefray.jpg (64KB, 540x399px) Image search: [Google]
dogentersthefray.jpg
64KB, 540x399px
A lot of platform video game bosses summon/spawn weapons/energy beams/fire balls/etc that they then throw at you: is there a perk so I can do that as well?
>>
>>55273867
>Fuck you, anon. WIth a coathanger
Lewd.
>>
>>55273877
Reality marble, 1k cp fate stay playing with marbles.
>>
>>55273668
Reminds me of something I saw on the TVTropes page for empowered badass normal:
>Batman was offered a Green Lantern Ring in the mainstream comics once. Surprisingly enough, he's not able to do much with it. Despite having incredible willpower, Batman's drive also came from his inability to let go of the past and only was able to conjure bats and an image of his parents.
>>
File: IMG_1999.jpg (384KB, 799x1097px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1999.jpg
384KB, 799x1097px
>>55273725
Giving Batman a henshin device would be hilarious. Also give him multiple transformations to go with his device.
>>
>>55273887
Jumpchain is a lewd place anon.
>>
>>55273877
You want Undertale magic. It's got all kinds of options for that style of magic.
>>
>>55273778
More important question, what setting allows us to take Aether as an element?
>>
>>55273808
>>55273088
Good catch.
yes they do get CP, i'll add that now
>>
>>55273877
eXceed - And the Rebel Angel Fought Back

Notable because eXceed is of the bullet hell genre.
>>
>>55273909
>supergenius is given the ultimate creative weapon
>"MY PARENTS ARE DEAD"
This is precious.
>>
File: Kamen Rider Batman.jpg (67KB, 404x604px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider Batman.jpg
67KB, 404x604px
>>55273914
I agree, also Kamen Rider Batman is scary!
>>
>>55273914
Thus begins to lineage of the Koumori Riders.
>>
>>55273702
I'd have to argue with you there since Earth commonly lacks precision and control compared to the other elements when displayed in fiction, at least when we're talking about stone. Because of the inherent weight and hardness, many forms of fiction have very crude manipulation of stone, commonly performing simple acts such as opening holes, throwing boulders, making spikes and such.

It could be argued that other forms of Earth such as dirt, sand or mud don't suffer from these issues, but those forms generally have their own failings, lagging far behind when it comes from the raw offensive or defensive potential carried by stone. Additionally, many forms of fiction don't use specific variants like mud or sand, deferring to stone and dirt together, or simply using stone by itself.

By contrast, Fire, Wind and Water show much greater volume, control and precision when wielded in fiction.

Fire I agree definitely lacks in utility, but it's arguably the most dangerous element to face given it will keep burning and spreading without input from the one wielding it, and can inflict injuries that simply can't be healed very well even if the enemy makes it out alive.

Water has as comparable defensive potential to Earth, but is often easier to control. It also carries additional utility if we're talking about being able to create our element wholesale since it can allow for fresh, clean water in situations where there would otherwise be none. In some media, fog and ice also fall under the purview of Water. Ice actually is on the same level as stone for defensive potential, and offers offensive potential similar to Fire with its ability to inflict lasting wounds.

Wind offers the greatest mobility out of any of the classical elements by far. You look at common depictions of Wind in fiction and flight is never far behind. Wind as an element is often invisible as well, just like the air around us, making it much trickier to combat. (Ran out of characters)
>>
>>55274013
Shit, I wouldn't commit crime in Gotham if I knew that thing was around.
>>
>>55274013
...Is that Judge Dredd Batman?
>>
>>55273877
I do believe Momodora has a perk literally called Boss Magic, or something along those lines. Does exactly that.
>>
File: Batman.jpg (74KB, 757x426px) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
74KB, 757x426px
>>55274032
Nor would I! Help me make this a thing with my current chain.

>>55274046
No tis batman.
>>
>>55274023
>Fire I agree definitely lacks in utility, but it's arguably the most dangerous element to face given it will keep burning and spreading without input from the one wielding it, and can inflict injuries that simply can't be healed very well even if the enemy makes it out alive.
Fire is often gimped in fiction because it would be incredibly lethal if it wasn't. Contact with flames is usually very dangerous IRL but in fiction it's often a pretty basic attack move. Same reason most dudes with a sword in a kid show will never actually cut anyone with it.
>>
File: IMG_0669.gif (6MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.gif
6MB, 480x270px
>>55273909
Yeah. Batman was giving Hal shit for being reckless and for the Parallax incident. Batman dislikes Hal because he's polar opposite of Batman.

Hal doesn't hide in the darkness instead shines light on the darkest corners the universe. He doesn't plan ahead like Batman. Instead he does stuff on the fly. He's also the only one not afraid of Batman. Despite that they share one thing in common, they both suffered a loss of someone(s) they were both helpless to save.

Unlike Batman, Hal is able to live that day over and overcome that fear. Batman can't let go, he doesn't want to. Despite that afterwords Batman had a grudging respect for Hal Jordan.
>>
>>55274013
>>55274070
>designed by Tetsuya Nomura
Final Fantasy was a mistake.
>>
>>55274023
I feel like this analysis is too combat oriented. What are your thoughts on utility for the elements?
>>
>>55274089
Nomura is pretty good when he's not designing the heroes.
>>
>>55273905
I just dont care about fate stay stuff and 1k sounds like its a way overpowered version of what I am looking for.

>>55273929
Will check out the jump, thanks!

>>55273981
...I didnt even think about checking out bullet hell games. Thank you.

>>55274061
And thank you!
>>
>>55274096
Admittedly elemental manipulation is pretty redundant when you're in a civilized place because so much of our technology is about using the elements already. But in a wilder, more primitive setting it's a very valuable tool: separating water from its impurities, heating and sterilizing, shelter, propulsion...
>>
>>55274079
Fair point, when it comes to most forms of Fire in fiction (which is the basis for this), it falls extremely behind.

>>55274096
I think Earth is bar none the best for making shelter. Even with rudimentary control over stone as commonly depicted, you can still move a few slabs to make an effective structure with stable walls, roof, potentially several rooms and block off the exit with a door or something. If we get into the more complicated stuff, its uses in mining, farming, metalworking and so on are invaluable.

Fire is great for travel and survival. Not only is it a light source on command that doesn't produce smoke (usually), but it's fairly low effort to start campfires which can then be used to cook whatever you've recently hunted or brought along with you. Because of these things you could even travel at night and always have ready means to cook. It's also handy with metalworking, tempering or making coals which can be used to write.

Water is excellent for hygiene and survival in its own right. Since I already covered its utility as clean drinking water, I think it'd be better to focus on how it lets you wash away muck, grime and sweat fairly easily. With ice you can travel in much hotter places by supplying a means to cool yourself down. In cold enough places, ice can even be shaped into shelter (igloo). Water also has the potential to create settlements in places that couldn't be colonized before by pulling underground water up to the surface as a well.

Wind's mobility is its major utility. At sea you would be able to supply your own literal wind for your sails if motors aren't a thing. Flight allows you to get a bird's eye view and a unique perspective others just wouldn't have. Getting up to high places is easy, great falls aren't as problematic and it's a neat way to cool yourself down on a hot day. Not to mention, at bigger levels you can potentially divert storms by blowing clouds away.
Thread posts: 545
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.