[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, it's finally happened. GW figured out that Shapeways

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_20170907_075744.jpg (262KB, 1440x1816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170907_075744.jpg
262KB, 1440x1816px
Well, it's finally happened. GW figured out that Shapeways is printing custom bits and is issuing takedown orders for anything that even remotely resembles their IP. It was always just a matter of time until something like this happened, it wasn't even a grey area – with GW's expansive view of what they can copyright, they were bound to take action sooner or later and the fact that we've managed to go as long as we have without their notice kind of amazes me.

So far, only POP Goes the Monkey appears to be affected but if there's something you want, better act fast because it may not be around for much longer.
>>
>>55268376
>making money from copyright theft
They deserve what's coming to them.
>>
>>55268387
But all GW IP is stolen in the first place.
>>
>>55268387
You'd rather have GW making bank with that 50,000% markup?
Let's face it, everything about this is fucked.
>>
>>55268404

From who
>>
A lot of the stuff on Shapeways was blatantly in violation of copyright and not trying to hide it, so I'm not surprised.

Third party bits manufacturers are usually very intelligent about not using any real names or symbols in their products. The people on Shapeways didn't stick to that wisdom at all.
>>
The issue is that unique designs which have nothing to do with 40K are being taken down. This is the same company that took down Spots the Space Marine, so being copyright trolls is nothing new to them. I guess 3D printing was too much of a threat after all.
>>
File: conversation-with-smaug-tolkien.jpg (112KB, 463x400px) Image search: [Google]
conversation-with-smaug-tolkien.jpg
112KB, 463x400px
>>55268387
>Implying that GW does not use plenty of generic symbols and simply use their weight to force smaller manufacturers to back off because Shapeways does not really care

>implying that making products compatibile with someone else's product to supplement it is morally wrong and we don't do it casually in food, household goods, car parts, drugs etc. departments

Whatever. Shapeways does not have a presence in my country so IDC. I would happily see an analysis of removed stuff and see if any were bland piracy or just GW is still dick that steals inspiration and tramples soft targets.
>>
>>55268436
WELL THAT'S WHAT I READ ON THE INTERWEBZ
>>
>>55268492
I have bought some. It's literally chapter symbol cataphractii shoulder pads (cheaper than FW/ also for legions FW is too lazy to do), and boarding shields, shit like that.
It's crazy blatant. They don't even rename the shit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (132KB, 1052x515px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
132KB, 1052x515px
>>55268446

GW simply don't have copyright on a lot of things, like if someone was making 3d shoulderpads of bird heads or wolf heads that looked really similar to Raptors chapter or Space Wolf logos, it's not really enforceable if they use generic names.

They just bully smaller companies who can't afford the legal action.
>>
>>55268436
>From who
From Herbert, Harrison, Highline, Lucas, Moorcock, Metzen
>>
>>55268523
I feel like the more chapter symbols a seller has blatantly copypasted, the stronger the copyright claim becomes.

Like, make one set of shoulderpads with wolf heads on them that look a damn lot like Space Wolf stuff? No big deal.

Make the same thing for every faction in 40k and they look identical to the stuff produced by GW? Looking pretty sketchy.
>>
>>55268406
I wouldn't have a problem if GW was selling any of this stuff, themselves, but they aren't; you'll maybe get the First Founding chapters because Horus Heresy and whatever successors Forge World's designers are particularly interested in, but what if you're more interested in Star Phantoms or Mantis Warriors than Red Scorpions or Astral Claws? Minotaurs got a set of shoulder pads plus two characters and a Dreadnought because someone in Nottingham actually collects Minotaurs, while most of the rest of the Badab War belligerents got bubkes. Something like four fifths of the chapter-specific stuff from never got released, if it was ever even in the pipe to begin with.

And that's not even touching on the more niche stuff like squad markings, combat and storm shields, etc., etc.
>>
>>55268536
>Metzen
Every Blizzard IP is a GW ripoff. Like, blatantly.
>>
File: punpun stare.png (38KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
punpun stare.png
38KB, 500x449px
>>55268536

>Metzen
>>
>>55268576
>what Orruks are
>>
>>55268559
This entirely. The product in >>55268523 is just asking for a takedown, it's way too blatant. Even if GW aren't making a product, if you use their designs (particularly things like unique chapter and unit markings like the guy in OP's post), then you're skating on very thin ice indeed. Just because Disney isn't making a lunchbox with the Star Wars rebel logo on it though they probably are, doesn't mean you can just go and start selling one. Lawyers send a C&D to shapeways complaining that suchandsuch are infringing their IP, shapeways won't bother going through in much detail, they'll just close the seller down.
>>
>>55268387
Intellectual property isn't real.
>>
File: IMG_3014.gif (4MB, 375x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3014.gif
4MB, 375x346px
>>55268376
>GW has to give everything retarded copyright names because of faggots like the OP image

I don't feel sorry for them at all
>>
>>55268607
This. AoS is basically WoW with more clutter.
>>
Don't bother, /tg/ is filled with mindless shills
>>
>>55268571
>>55268576
>>55268576
Eh, give the faggot a moment of consideration. Metzen may have ripped off of GeeDubs in the past, but then GeeDubs went and ripped back off of the over-indulgent Warcrap aesthetic. A lot of the Age of Smegma era models look like direct copy-pasta from Warcraft art.
>>
>>55268835
No they don't.
>>
>>55268835
>GeeDubs went and ripped back off of the over-indulgent Warcrap aesthetic.

Warhammer has always been busier than Warcraft.

>A lot of the Age of Smegma era models look like direct copy-pasta from Warcraft art.

Post comparisons.
>>
Everything is back up in his store. Maybe a Shapeways database glitch, and he jumped the gun blaming GW? No update to his Twitter feed.
>>
>>55268376
> people defend GW now that they finally put the baseline effort into running a company in the age of online communication after a decade of failing even to do that

Yeah, they're allowed to do this stuff up to a point, but I think it displays a vulgarity on GW's part that it wants to supposedly propagate a community of creativity, but won't take the steps to doing so itself, and when someone else takes up the vacancy they act this way. They want a monopoly but don't want to put the work in. Baseline efforts for being a decent company don't count, either.
>>
>>55268969
Maybe, just maybe, GW don't want people making profit off of their IP like leeches.
>>
>>55268387
>An upside down omega is copyrighted
New GW guys
>>
>>55269005
Yeah actually, symbols and logo's are always copyrighted.
>>
>>55269033
You can't copyright generic symbols and images like an upside down omega or the romen numeral 3
>>
>>55269033
>>55269055
Also check and self check
>>
>>55269033
>copyrighting letters
>>
File: fucking bush lmao.gif (3MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
fucking bush lmao.gif
3MB, 267x200px
>>55268536
>Metzen
>>
>>55269055
Kek, sure thing, go tell that to an IP lawyer. You may not be able to claim universal ownership of something fairly generic, but if it comes to something specific like usage in a game of space battles or on a shoulder pad shaped to fit a specific line of miniatures, then of course it can be copyrighted.

Argue that GW is being heavy-handed by all means, you're probably right, but to argue that their intellectual property and trademarks are unenforcable is just foolish.
>>
>>55269169
>>55269055
if you don't copy letter rights how are people supposed to understand them checkmate athiests
>>
As long as they don't fuck with muh kromlech
>>
>>55268376
>GW take down a Literally Who

so what lol
>>
>>55269055
Sure you can. Back in the 1980's Manga Video copyrighted the word "Manga"
>>
>>55268458
>Some blueprints will be illegal (e.g., DIY nuclear warhead) and of course will be readily available anyway from data smugglers and on the dark web. There might be illegal blueprints which on the surface look innocent, but combining part 23 of the dust precipitator plan with part 17 of the air conditioner plan creates a working submachine gun.
Maybe they could do stuff like this.
>>
It's all just delaying the inevitable.

Soon the 3d printers will be in our homes.
>>
>>55268719
GW has to give everything retarded copyright names because they managed to draw the ire of the Electronic Frontier Foundation with their stupid claim to own the phrase "Space Marine." The EFF exists almost solely to fight specious DMCA takedown orders and GW managed to come across as both ogrish and legally in the wrong, so their response was to start renaming everything so they COULD plausibly claim to own the names.
>>
File: 1502205685605.jpg (15KB, 220x240px) Image search: [Google]
1502205685605.jpg
15KB, 220x240px
>literally has a section dubbed "warhammer 40k" with bits to purchase under said category
>everything in the catalogue is easily recognizable as being ripped from 40k
>people act surprised when they get takedown notices
>>
>>55269314
Except they've had their asses handed to them repeatedly in several high profile (in the industry at least) court cases. So while they may not be unenforceable, they're not all that strong either.
>>
>>55269455
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/249504031/sparkmaker-the-most-affordable-desktop-sla-3d-prin

Even if this Kickstarter bombs, we're only about eighteen months from consumer-grade SLA printing at near to or equal fidelity with Shapeways'.
>>
>>55269314
You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.
>>
I find it quite sad, all the changes in names and that because of the Copyrighting and IP control GW has become really anal about. Astra Militarum and Drewkari my arse.

It's part of the reason Fantasy died for Age of Sigmarines, they wanted a "franchise" only they were making miniatures for because they're all goofy as fuck.

If GW wanted to, they could sell sprues of chapter pads for £6 and they'd absolutely kill this whole market. People are only making them because they aren't.
>>
>>55268715
Come on now.
>>
>>55269671
Don't blame GW, blame Third party companies coming in and muddling everything up.
>>
>>55269557
>we're only about eighteen months from consumer-grade SLA printing at near to or equal fidelity with Shapeways'.
I can't count how many times something similar has been said.
>>
>>55268835
>A lot of the Age of Smegma era models look like direct copy-pasta from Warcraft art.
translation:
>I have no idea what the aesthetics of either/both AoS or WoW look like
>>
>>55269711

Don't blame third party companies, blame consumers and hobbyists
>>
>>55268436
Retard
>>
>>55269716
And I laugh harder every single time.
>>
>>55269697
It's not real.
>>
>>55269758
Don't blame consumers and hobbyists, blame GW.
>>
>>55269852
>>55269697
The law treats it as a real thing.
The law is broken as shit and has forgotten its purpose though.
>>
>>55269811
In a former job I spent a few days reading reports on 3D printing feasibility for some high-detail industrial parts.

Every report ended like: "in one or two years it will totally be feasible". First one had been written in the middle of the 90s.
>>
File: hm.jpg (47KB, 501x525px) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
47KB, 501x525px
>>55268715
>>
>>55269868
IP laws are made so that researchers, designers and authors can live from what they create.
>>
>>55269879
Aren't there Airbus and RAF Typhoons flying with 3D printed parts right now or something?
>>
>>55269879
By the time it will totally be feasible Programmable Matter technology will be around the corner and everyone will forget about 3d printing..
>>
>>55269716
You listen to a lot of idiots, then. The progression of consumer 3d printing has been proceeding more or less exactly on schedule for the last decade; ten years ago, we were ten years away; five years ago, we were five years away. Today, it is both widespread and competitively priced along the same lines as any other high-end stationary tool, like a table saw or planer-jointer.

But the majority of 3d printers up until this point have used the cheaper fused deposition modeling technology, which is only as detailed as the filament medium is fine. The next big leap will be making photopolymerization affordable, and that's what is about eighteen months out.

Screen cap this post: by 2019, you will be able to buy a highly accurate, reasonably priced SLA printer from Amazon and be able to print your own miniatures by the following weekend.
>>
>>55269879
What's totally feasible in an industrial capacity and what's totally feasible for consumers are two very different things. I owned my first desktop computer in 1983, but they didn't become widespread until more than a decade later - and understandably so, in today's dollars that old IBM XT would have cost more than $12,500, American. It wasn't until the mid-90s when Gateway and the other bargain brands put a computer in every suburban home.
>>
fuck shapeways people that don't let you download their .stls so you can print them yourself.
>>
>>55269921
That was the original idea. However the flip side was that after a relatively short period the copywrite/patent enters public domain for all to use. After decades of coperate lobbying, products never enter public domain on a human life time span, and can be traded between coperations.

Law is broken as fuck. Not remorly the same law as it was in the 1900s.
>>
>>55268446
Pretty sure one of the outcomes of Chapterhouse was that you absolutely can say "compatible with Games Workshop Space Marines" or whatever in your product description if you want. Same way any one of a thousand smartphone case producing companies can say "compatible with iphone69" or whatever.
>>
>>55269546
>>55269587

You mean like Chapter House or Spots the Space Marine? I think you need to go back and take another look at the verdicts. GW lost on their claims to trademark things like the shape of their shoulder pads, the term 'space marine', or making parts which are stated to be 'compatible with Warhammer 40000 miniatures' but they won on all sorts of naming and trademark issues like distinctive chapter badges, precidely the kind of stuff that the monkey in >>55268376 was producing.
>>
>>55268999
Yeah, it's not like GW has ever made money off someone else's IP.
>>
>>55269945
You can already do so with a Wanhao Duplicator. You can get some great detail on those. It's a huge upgrade from my Lulzbot ad far as fine features go.
>>
>>55268376
Damn, how the flippity fuck am I going to get Bluhd Raevehn shoulder transfers now? Ebay? Because FW doesn't make them anymore.
>>
>>55269546
>non American company winning any case in the USA when the other side has loads of time to give money to judges reelection campaign
>>
>>55270223
Chinacast. If GW doesn't let us by sort of knock offs, then we may as well go with full knock offs. CCON sells the old FW shoulder pads among others.
>>
>>55269921
>IP laws are made so that researchers, designers and authors can live from what they create.

Which has been heavily corrupted into letting corporations profit from things for seven decades after the original creator's death. You know they've pushed the whole IP thing too far when songs from 70 years ago are not only still under protection but will remain protected for another 70 years after that (more if the original author is still alive today). To use Disney as an example, not only has Walt Disney dead for over half a century, but all his siblings and all his children are now dead, as well as all but one of his nieces and nephews, but the Disney company will still hold on to exclusive rights to Mickey Mouse for nearly twenty more years, expiring at the end of 2036 (and this assumes that the Disney company won't push for an extension in the next two decades). At that point, the mouse will have existed for over a century, with anyone directly related to his creation long dead.

IP law needs to exist to encourage fresh creation by letting creators profit from their work, but we need to reign in the current system which goes well past that mandate.
>>
>>55270256
If you can get in to the secret club...
>>
>>55269931
The A350 xwb has some 3d printed pieces in non-critical locations.
>>
>>55270136
>>55270288
>US law
My bad, here IP laws aren't that fucked.
>>
>>55270288
Laws have always been in favor of the big guy. The issue is that these days instead of having to wait out your patent or copyright before they put their larger capital base to exploiting your work, they hire people and owns the rights to begin with, and don't want to ever lose those rights because a corporation is an effectivily immortal entity.

The thing is the system more or less works as a matter of protecting IPs from gross exploitation by smaller, lower quality producers who would love to rip everything off at the back end after production costs have all been payed on the front by someone else. The only real problem is that the law will always be relatively gray area around fair use because usage of an IP is fairly harmless right up until it isn't.
>>
>>55270342
>My bad, here IP laws aren't that fucked.

As a small bit of hope, at least we're not China which basically has zero enforcement for IP protection. Both extreme ends of copyright protection are fucking stupid, but I guess it's better to be on the overprotective end than than the "let everyone just steal all the ideas" end.
>>
File: drewcarey.jpg (20KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
drewcarey.jpg
20KB, 400x280px
>>55269671
>Drewkari
>>
>>55270920
>sensiblechuckle.png
>>
>>55268376
Too bad. Time to look for a real job.
>>
>>55270920
I dont know why, but seeing drew Carey laugh makes me happy
>>
>>55270288
Meanwhile, GW uses trademarks, which are something completely different from what you're typing about that works in different ways.

Trademarks are concept which would otherwise be generic but no one else is using + category which would otherwise be generic, intended as a consumer protection mechanism to make sure everyone gets what they think they're getting when they buy a product (including secondhand!) with a particular label on it.
It breaks down when a subset of people specifically want fakes, but can't really be allowed to have them because they're probably going to resell someday.
It also breaks down when GW ignores the "no one else is using" part and comes up with shit like "only we have space marines".

GW refusing to allow armies with third-party mods in sanctioned tournaments is its own thing that has nothing to do with IP laws at all.
>>
>>55271413
>things you can say about Drew Carey but not your ex
>>
>>55269921
Actually, copyright has its roots in protecting monopolistic privilege. It initially started as a license to produce books within a certain area. The very roots of the concept are rotten.
>>
GW taking action against people releasing parts for their minis without permission is pretty understandable. They're running a business
>>
>>55268387
It's not property theft.
>>
>>55268387
People make kits and accessories to augment and convert models for decades. There's countless add on kits for Tamiya, Airfix, Revell, etc kits made by third parties. This is just part of modelling.
>>
>>55272810
Yeah, its the theft of intellectual property.

Its unfortunate that Games Workshop is so shitty about things like recasters for stuff they don't make anymore, but its an understandable decision for a business to take.
>>
>>55272704
>GW owns the idea of hydras and skulls

shills gtfo
>>
>>55272487
Copyright's original intent was to make it possible to write a book and sell it without being undercut by your neighbor. The nature of the written word is that it takes no effort at all to copy it, which means that if I write a 10,000 word novel and you wanna get paid for it you just have to copy the words.

It then got co-opted by assholes, like all the good things in this world.
>>
>random company makes brass barrels for Tamiya Tiger IIs
No one bats an eye, the customer has a more realistic Tiger II, Tamiya sold a kit and the small company sold its aftermarket kit as well. Everyone profits and is happy

>random guy 3prints a pauldron you have to use with a GW miniature
That's immoral and the guy should be thrown into a jail. Also, the miniature is now called Space MarYne^tm because fuck you

Why is GW retarded? If they didn't want people printing space marines pauldrons they should have made those available in the first place
>>
I think a better solution would have been for GW to take a step back and contemplate, "is this good for the hobby?" before throwing their weight around. There is undoubtedly a case to be made that they're entirely within their rights to demand that the infringing products be removed, especially since they need to aggressively fight about dilution of their IP or risk losing it entirely.

But the simple fact of the matter is that ninety percent of these products, GW doesn't make and they aren't planning to make them even after getting them pulled from Shapeways. That's bad for the hobby.

Maybe a better solution would have been too make Matt an offer he can't refuse - "you can continue to design and sell Space Marine shoulders under license and remit xx% of the proceeds in order to make it official, otherwise we'll shut you down."

GW gets what they want; their copyright is preserved and, further, memorialized in a formal licensing agreement.

Matt gets what he wants; he continues to sell Space Marine bits for a modest profit, maybe a little bit more modest than before.

Shapeways gets what they want; they continue to collect the lion's share of revenue for the use of their manufacturing-on-demand facilities.

And we, the hobbyists, get what we want; a dynamic, responsive solution to the gaping hole in GW's range of Space Marine accessories.

But, if course, GW had to throw their weight around because they think they're legally right and fuck the optics of it, which is precisely the kind of thinking that hot them in trouble over a Spots the Space Marine.
>>
>>55269733
Well, the people working on Sigmar don't have a clue what the aesthetics of Sigmar are supposed to be either, and are completely incapable of communicating the aesthetics or lore of the setting to anyone else, so it all works out.
>>
>>55273093
>aesthetic
>lore
>setting

>Age of Sigmar
>>
>>55273064
>Maybe a better solution would have been too make Matt an offer he can't refuse - "you can continue to design and sell Space Marine shoulders under license and remit xx% of the proceeds in order to make it official, otherwise we'll shut you down."
Effectively rewarding the guy who made a profit off of exploiting their IP.

>Shapeways gets what they want; they continue to collect the lion's share of revenue for the use of their manufacturing-on-demand facilities.
And letting most of the profits end up with the company that enabled him.

This may be a bit of a hard sell in Nottingham.
>>
>>55273174
>exploiting their IP.
>this cell phone case is "exploiting Apple's IP" guys!

Why are third party accessories some kind of taboo for minis when it's perfectly fucking normal for all other goods?

Shills gtfo
>>
>>55273222
GW minis. Third party accessories are perfectly normal for basically everyone else
>>
>>55273174
The alternative – and what GW has clearly chosen – is to cut off their nose to spite their face. The whole marketing blitz behind the "new" Games Workshop is predicated on the notion that their executive leadership is less petty and deranged than the old one, and for the most part they've been doing a good job of it. Backing off of their long-standing "no shopping cart" policy for web-based trade sales customers is, itself, a similar sort of reward for those vendors - Warstore - that went out of their way to circumvent the policy on order to sell online.

If the difference is making some money and making no money, it shouldn't be as hard a sell as you seem to believe. Instead, we got the sort of reflexive "shut it down" reaction that keeps blowing back on Games Workshop, either due to direct backlash from their customers or the actual, literal dilution of they trademarks when they eventually find their way before a judge.
>>
>>55269455
Can't wait!
>>
>>55268406
Thats theirr right as a business. Dont like it, dont support them.

And they dont have 50k percent markup.
>>
>>55273018
No, it literally meant that you had to get your books copied by a specific publisher within a specific area. It was literally a mechanism to preserve the monopolistic privileges of these publishers. As I said, the very roots of the concept are rotten. It didn't get co-opted, it's functioning exactly was it was meant to: protecting large business interests from being undercut. Now it serves to stifle innovation and prop up an artifact of mercantilism while functioning as a stick corporations can use to beat people with.
>>
>>55274898
Aren't you late for an Antifa rally?
>>
>>55275029
>implying armchair critics go to rallies

Stay comfy my friend.
>>
>>55275029
Actually, being against copyright is more of an ancap, iper-individualist kind of individual than a commie
>>
>>55275059
>Stay comfy my friend.
I'm not even wearing pants.
>>
>Oh no, a company I never bought from to begin with had to take a few items off their store!
Wake me when we get some real news.
>>
>>55275144
It's only fake news from here on out.
>>
>>55275029
It's nice that KKK rallies are called "antifa rallies" now. It really shows who's winning.
>>
>>55270222
>Wanhao Duplicator

Looked at a few videos of the latest model of this, since it's been a while since I checked on the progress of 3D printer tech.

Must say it's a lot more affordable and detailed than I would have believed. Someone with a talent for 3D modeling could produce something amazing with this shit. But while the machine itself is relatively affordable (in terms of high end computer parts), what would be the cost in materials+energy requirements when comparing to mass produced models?
>>
>>55268404
>>55270214
This!
>>
>>55275937
If Michael Moorcock didn't want his IP infringed, he should have done more to protect it. GW's just trying to prevent what they did to him from happening to them.
>>
>>55273222
If the Iphone case is plastered with Apple IP (like their logo, Itunes logo, whatever) then yes.
The problem is not in them doing accessories for GW miniatures, it's making accessories with GW IP on them.
>>
Worry not. It is not too long from now that 3D printers and the material they use will be the same quality and far cheaper than buying from GW. All it will take is a few dedicated anons to recreate the minis through modeling software and share the schematics, and we'll be set.
>>
>>55269711
It's basic market economics. If there's a demand, and someone notices they will make money fulling that demand.

GW refuses to fill the demand so third party companies step in.
>>
>>55268406
> the plastic costs two cents meme

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>55276272
Industrial mass production will always be cheaper than not (ignoring GW's massive markups). The value in 3D printers isn't subverting that, it's in the ease of making custom things that AREN'T mass produced.
>>
>>55276272
GW is well prepared for 3d printers. They'll be ready to sell stl files, offer to print stuff in house, and will keep prices just low enough that you have to wonder if you want to drop the money for a 3d printer, all while chugging out more books packaged with plastics so that if you want to play their game you have to pay their prices one way or another.

Come to think of it, that's probably why they're shifting large single models, to drive up the marginal cost of buying a 3d printer to print your own army.
>>
>>55268730
Age of Skidmark is WoW and Diablo with more clutter and less sense, with the whole planes thing ripped from magic the gathering and the planescape RPG.

Those jews aren't original one fucking bit.
>>
>>55276178
> implying moorcock is the only person GW have borrowed from.
> being this ignorant
>>
>>55268642
>Just because Disney isn't making a lunchbox with the Star Wars rebel logo on it though they probably are, doesn't mean you can just go and start selling one.
It literally does exactly that though.

This is problem with "muh IP laws" idiots. You don't even know that "IP law" covers a range of completely different laws that are used for wildly different things, namely trademarks, patents, and copyright. So which "IP laws" is a set of plastic shoulder pad lunchboxes with rebel marine logos on them violating?

>Trademark
This is the most likely one, since it can cover marks, designs, and symbols. Trademark is intended* to reduce confusion in the marketplace so that the origin of products can be easily identified. This means if I design a cool logo or brand name for my product a generic competitor can't copy that logo or name or even make one close enough that it could confuse potential customers. The deadly limitation on trademark is you can only trademark shit you are actually using in business or have plans to use and it only covers the specific market you are selling it in. A trademark on a brand of craft beer can't be used to stop someone from naming a band the same thing.

>Patent
GW doesn't have a patent on plastic pauldrons, full stop. That's retarded and you're retarded if you think they do*.

>Copyright
Only covers specific expressions and never covers functional designs. If I download Space Raptor Butt Invasion and repost it for sale under Sky Dino Ass Invaders that's copyright infringement. If I write and publish an entirely new story titled Sky Dino Ass Invaders that's perfectly fine.

* It's worth noting that lawyers can always sue people with demands that will never hold water in court simply because their targets are too poor to defend themselves, and DMCA takedown requests are literally just corporate censorship machines. over 99% are machine generated garbage with no evidence.
>>
>>55276609
Well excuse me, princess.
>>
>>55276178
>It's only alright to beat up kids and steal their lunch money if they're smaller and weaker than you.
>>
>>55273330
I think part of it for GW is that it's a QA thing. They can't ensure that Dude #7 on shapeways (or shapeways itself) is going to make a consistently worthy product. Furthermore, it creates a customer service headache if someone buys shoulderpads from Dude #7 but then tries to take up some complaint with GW instead of Dude, etc.

The easy solution would be to just 3D print their own shoulderpads and slam any 3rd parties. But that comes with its own overhead and issues.
>>
>>55277056
Isn't it?
>>
>/tg/ now loves GW and will defend anything it does
>one and a half years ago the shills were non-existent

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>55277267
8th and AoS killed off a lot of grognard interest. New players and die hards don't know, or refuse to accept GW's shitty past.
>>
>>55268847
>>55268923
>>55269733
Not him but you're a loony if you don't think that tyranids massively changed their aesthetic after zerg came out.
>>
>>55277267
4chan is counterculture made manifest. It twists, contorts and endlessly turns upon itself. Any opinion held for a certain amount of time will inevitably turned upon its head.
Case in point: /v/ is starting to hate tiddies in video games right now. Can you imagine that?
>>
>>55277809
yo don't have to go that far (even if /v/ have invaded /tg/). Right now there are people that hate bikini armor and say things like they are not historically accurate and that /tg/ never liked them.
>>
Funny how most of u fucks don't care for the guy because u guys don't buy legit merchandise in the first place. You would have to buy Blood Ravens shoulders at $5 a pop from GW, since there is exactly one model with one adjustable shoulderpad in the entire goddamn product range.
>>
>>55277853
A lot of spergs have always sperged about unrealistic armor.
>>
>>55277860
Can you speak in English please?
>>
>>55277989

You don't care because you are poor.
>>
>>55277809
What counter culture? The whole internet suddenly can't stop sucking GW's cock. I'm all for them improving their customer relations up from 'not drown their customer's grandmother in a vat of piss' but the way people EVERYWHERE are acting like 8th held within its pages a cure for cancer or something.
>>
>>55268536
Heinlein, Asimov.
>>
>>55278044
that makes no sense tho, If I were poor I would care if I could not buy cheaper versions.

In fact I am, and I care, thats why I plan on proxying most of my armies minis with things like reaper minis and https://www.directbest.top/doom-diver-catapult-x3-gitmob-grotz-warhammer-oop-metal-p-3656.html.
>>
>>55268376
In this thread, GW shills amd zombies make insane claims about how far copyright should go
>>
>>55277853
>Right now there are people that hate bikini armor and say things like they are not historically accurate and that /tg/ never liked them.
That sort of mentality pre-dates the internet.

Some dudes want pseudo-realism in their tabletop, some dudes want T&A.
>>
>>55268376
I was worried they took down all shoulder pad shit, but the design I needed for my custom chapter is still in, along with a LOT of other obvious 40K shit. So, too bad for that guy, maybe he named them directly off the GW stuff. I see a lot of Carcharodon shoulderpads, but I guess GW doesn't really care about the Space Sharkes (and can't really copyright Carcharodon since it's a normal word that means shark). He can probably upload his shit again if he gets more creative with the naming.
>>
>>55278532
I remember when people thought life was crazy under Bush.
>>
>>55268536
>inspiration is copyright infringement
>>
>>55278732
>thinking you can copyright things in the public domain
>>
>You want a thing but GW doesn't want to make it
Bad.

>Someone else makes thing but due to retarded copyright laws, if GW doesn't do something about it, they could lose ownership of IP
Also Bad.

GW should probably start making shoulder pad packs instead of being dicks.
>>
Don't they realize that people buy third party bits to use with actual kits bought from GW? Pointless legal threats are par the course for this company I suppose.
>>
>>55276245
I didn't knew they plaster Games Workshop in the third party shoulder pads of a fucking dragon looking crap
>>
>>55279175
Generic looking shoulder pads are copy right?
What next orcs with Nazi hats are copy right now too?
>>
>>55279537
Yeah but DUDE this is like the NEW Games Workshop bro they're our FRIENDS now, they're TOTALLY AWESOME AGAIN.

What are you AUTISTIC? GW is amazing now, if you say otherwise you're wrong. AoS is HELLA EPIC and who wanted those Fantasyfags? 8th Edition is the most balanced, amazing shit ever and have you seen how totally epic the Primaris are? Don't be a MANLET, or a NPCfag, buy those new Primaris(tm) and support NEW Games Workshop. They care for you, they love us, they've totally changed man!
>>
>>55276654
this
>>
>>55279637
I'm still mad I have to proxy my miners as longbeards
>>
>>55279573
Generic ones? I would hope not.
But a GW symbol, on a plastic shoulder pad made to perfectly fit a GW model, that's enough to make some jew lawyer's senses tingle.
>>
>>55279710
What would be a GW symbol? Because even the bloody Aquila or super special snowflake marine chapter are generic as fuck
>>
do we even know its GW behind this? could just be shapeways purging this kind of knock off crap
>>
>>55280951
You come across as being a little simple, so I will explain why what you said is nonsensical.

Shapeways make money when someone pays them to print something. Removing things from their catalogue that people want to have printed eliminates the ability for them to get money for printing that thing. As a result it is directly harmful to their business to remove items unless there is a reason to do so, IE someone suing them for copyright violations.

It is also completely impossible to police user submissions for copyright violations without extensive knowledge of every intellectual property that could possibly be violated, which is why copyright law is totally dependent on the owner of the IP sending notifications of infringements and filing lawsuits for enforcement.

This is a case of GW legal contacting shapeways and sending them a list of things they think violate GWs copyrights and shapeways removing those items. There's simply no other rational reason why shapeways would do something directly harmful to their business.
>>
>>55281524
Technically them not removing the stock is bad for their business if there is a lawyer involved
>>
>>55277056
This is the entire basis of modern corporate law, copyright and otherwise.
>>
>>55277809
>>55278108
Battered wife syndrome. GW just turned up with flowers and sweet promises of change, and we're buying it.
>>
>>55268436
GW started out selling Judge Dread Models and then got into historicals and fantasy with heavy Elric influences with the winds of chaos and then 40k was fantasy in space and the 40k universe being very Frank Herberts Dune.
>>
>>55281729
Everyone who isn't a space marine just got another black eye though.
>>
>>55281539
That was the entire point of that post.
>>
>>55281786
That's how it works.
>>
File: 1469558407243.jpg (18KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
1469558407243.jpg
18KB, 400x289px
>suddenly /tg/ is defending GWs stupid IP claims and no longer defending re casters/3rd party casts who are the only reason GW hasn't increased prices even more
where were all you fanbois when GW tried to copyright the term 'space marine'...fucking contrarians
>>
>>55282526
I swear all of the gw related sites I go to seem to have become overrun by white knights, fanboys and contrarians in the last 6 months. I don't know if it's that the older/more cynical fans have drifted away or been driven off by the relentless homogenisation of the system and the mindless cultish belief that nuGW is not just old GW with a better PR department.
>>
>>55279818
>What would be a GW symbol? Because even the bloody Aquila or super special snowflake marine chapter are generic as fuck
Copying them 100% is still generally going to get you in trouble unless it's truly generic, which these technically aren't. After the Chapterhouse ruling, copying them 90% is okay.
>>
>>55268536
You're a dumb motherfucker who doesn't understand IP law
>>
You know what this means?
Printing bits is now a credible enough threat that a first strike was launched.
>>
>>55272338
>GW refusing to allow armies with third-party mods in sanctioned tournaments is its own thing that has nothing to do with IP laws at all
nah, they're still cool with 3rd larty bits like always. just not whole or majority 3rd party stuff.
>>
>>55282895
it has nothing to do with printing, the production method isn't what this is about.
Its just about 3rd parties using GWs IP again.
>>
>>55277344

>8th and AoS killed off a lot of grognard interest

and praise kek for that.
>>
File: 1488134806977.jpg (47KB, 503x503px) Image search: [Google]
1488134806977.jpg
47KB, 503x503px
>>55282526

>re casters/3rd party casts who are the only reason GW hasn't increased prices even more

Nigger what?
>>
>>55268565
I understand and agree with you, but red scorpions was a bad example. Forgeworld sucks RS so hard thats what half of their website is dedicated too...red scorpions and titans.
>>
Shit. Do I still have time to order the squad marking shoulder bits?

You cant find black transfers anywhere so I might as well just paint the goddamn bits instead of slapping white or red ones down
>>
>>55277809
No, that's broken now.
See: /pol/.
>>
>>55277385
They came out in the SAME YEAR Zergs did.

Unless they were spying on Blizzard, the time frame just doesn't work at all.
>>
>>55281776
So their AD 2000 minis were not licensed?

Anyway, inspiration is not the same as outright copying, hence Dreamforge's Eisenkern are still around.
>>
>>55268387
>copyright theft
No such thing exists unless you're referring to the current state of copyright laws.
>>
>>55283858
that and they new look was the old 2e termagants look applied to everything as a standard template, plus the xenomorph queens head crest.
>>
>>55276654
>So which "IP laws" is a set of plastic shoulder pad lunchboxes with rebel marine logos on them violating?
Trademark.
>>
File: CELESTIA-TRINITY-3-COLOR.jpg (290KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CELESTIA-TRINITY-3-COLOR.jpg
290KB, 800x800px
>>55268376
>>55268387

So will they be going after these guys next?

https://wargameexclusive.com/
https://www.ragingheroes.com/
>>
File: Nurgle-Chaos-Rhino-7.jpg (196KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Nurgle-Chaos-Rhino-7.jpg
196KB, 800x800px
>>55284334

Raging Heroes don't really have anything to answer for, GW don't own gothic sci-fi.

Wargame Exclusive though, wow they've really increased their range and there's some nice stuff there, love the Imperial Cars.

Though I don't think they could have sculpted this without the original, I don't think they should be selling that.
>>
>>55284334
doubt it. They're treading the line but they're on the right side of being only similar and not an exact copy of GW stuff like the bits in OP.

Like how a genestealer is similar to a xenomorph, but its not a copy so GW has been free to keep making them.
>>
>>55283659
/pol/ will become a hardcore leftie board within ten years. Mark my words.
>>
>>55284443
No, /pol/ bought into its own memes during Obama's presidency and started believing it all. There's no going back to a 4chan filled with commies and libertarians now.
>>
>>55277267
Stockholm syndrome
>>
>>55282900
Nope. I was just at NOVA, there was a whole stink about permitting any non-GW product at all compete on the Warhammer TV stream. First they demanded to stream the top table exclusively, then they refused to let anything but their own products appear on camera. They would up crash building a bunch of terrain and if it were to to Games Workshop, they'd have prohibited conversions entirely.
>>
>>55284550
i get not wanting 3rd party pn their promotional YouTube, thats gair enough.
but thats not the same as banning it from events
>>
File: rebel-symbol.jpg (23KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
rebel-symbol.jpg
23KB, 736x736px
>>55276654

Replying to an ancient post, but fuck it.

>So which "IP laws" is a set of plastic shoulder pad lunchboxes with rebel marine logos on them violating?

I think you're confused. I'm saying that pic related is a Disney trademark. If you make a product with it on it doesn't really matter if they weren't making it, you're in violation of their trademark, and you're going to have a hard time arguing otherwise. That brings us on to another aspect of trademarks - arbitrariness. If you use a commonplace set of words they are hard to trademark very broadly, particularly if they're in a field which they would obviously apply to ('space marine' being a good example, as opposed to 'adeptus astartes'). If you use a designed element, particularly a fairly unique one, then the trademark is likely to be interpreted much more broadly. That's why pic related is extremely enforcable - you can't argue that it's pure coincidence that you put this shape on a T-shirt. Where that applies to GW trademarks is going to vary. The ultramarines' logo is quite generic, there's no way that GW could enforce against someone using something similar on a beer label or a plumbing firm. Once it's put onto something related to miniatures or futuristic space soldiers, however, the case is much easier to make. Different trademarked GW logos will vary in terms of the breadth of their enforcability based on how generic they are (a wolf is generic, the specific depiction of a wolf used by the space wolves is not), how widely known and used by GW they are (certain chapter logos are much more widespread, and are reproduced on T-shirts and mugs, they will be more enforcable than trademarked logos which might only appear on a few models and artworks), and based on whether the offending product is being made for something relating to miniature wargaming or not (which shapeways shoulder pads and other aftermarket pads obviously are).
>>
>>55268376
Wasn't all of his shit reinstated a few hours later in what turns out to have been an error on shapeway's server?
>>
>>55284874
>>55276654

cont.

Copyright is much more narrowly enforcable. Something really has to be a copy of one of your existing products, a bit of superficial similarity isn't sufficient. GW do, however, produce a lot of things like pauldrons with individual chapter markings and other logos on them. It doesn't matter that those parts are only available as one piece in a larger kit, making a near-direct duplicate of a shoulder pad with a tactical arrow on it is probably going to be close enough in terms of the specific expression that they can bring a claim. Take a look at the shapeways site of the guy in OP's post, he's still selling plenty of stuff. I'm betting that the products he's been forced to take down are all the ones which were virtual copies of something GW have made themselves at some point, or which infringed one of their more enforcable trademarks. He's been allowed to keep up lots of things which are clarly directly reproducing stuff which occurs in GW artwork, most likely because the images aren't trademarked, and they don't make a similar product. This isn't like chapterhouse mkii.
>>
>>55284334
Raging Heroes minis are actually good, also GW doesn't own the Space Anachronisms.
>>
>>55283045
Without recasters/third party they'd be able to push prices even higher because they'd be the only source of the models. With recasts available and becoming more prominent they can't risk out-pricing their customers when there's an alternative.

It's not like you can slap DRM on models.
>>
>>55285178
They'll try.
>>
>GW still mad after Disney forced them to pay for "brand damage" caused by using "Imperial Guard" name
>>
File: 1494638568474.jpg (285KB, 902x902px) Image search: [Google]
1494638568474.jpg
285KB, 902x902px
>>55268404
Indeed, oh the irony.
>>
>>55284931
He said he got 362 emails from Shapeways claiming infringement, but, aside from the generic stuff, I see very specific chapter icons that are still up in the store.

It's possible that the infringements were strictly name related, and he's since gotten around that by renaming stuff?

At any rate, he's in contact with an international IP lawyer to see what his options are.
>>
>>55286034
Based on what was taken down - and this is entirely anecdotal, I don't have an exhaustive lost, just the stuff that I've previously bought from him and can't anymore - my guess is that it was a discrete list of infringement claims that were actually reviewed by a real, live human being, and probably based on the specific enforceable trademark.

So, for instance, the Mk.IV Maximus and Cataphractii Ultramarines logo shoulder pads got nuked because it is just the Ultramarines logo, but the Mk.IV Maximus and Cataphractii Ultramarines logo VETERAN shoulders with skulls and laurels did not; even though both sets were uploaded at more or less the same time and have been available for just as long.

Plus, a lot of the more recent stuff hasn't been touched, suggesting that it's not an automated process; the Tartaros shoulders are still available, as are all the stick-on icons because they haven't been available for very long and their infringement claims are probably still working their way through review.
>>
>>55282960
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1504625787345.gif (899KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1504625787345.gif
899KB, 250x188px
>>55268376
Pop was just featured on Forge the Narrative podcast....
GW is listening
>>
>>55268404
>>55268406
Fuck off sifu dave
>>
>>55269711
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>55276178
You stupid cunt.
>>
>>55285703
>"brand damage" caused by using "Imperial Guard" name
Surely GW used it first?
>>
>>55269803
Well, that explains why WH is so shit.
>>
>>55288149
Surely.
>>
>>55268387
GW's idea of copyright theft is extremely broad, and it's impossible for the average person to contest those ideas because GW has a murder of lawyers on hand to send intimidating letters.
>>
>>55288314
>GW has a murder of lawyers on hand
Lawyers are vultures, so it's a wake of lawyers.
>>
>>55288767
It's actually a quarrel of lawyers but whatever.
>>
>>55284443
Within ten years this entire website will be as relevant as geocities.
>>
>>55268376
Its because the dumbasses didn't recolor the icons.
>>
>>55269314
>but if it comes to something specific like usage in a game of space battles or on a shoulder pad shaped to fit a specific line of miniatures, then of course it can be copyrighted.
That would be a design patent, not a copyright.

FFS.
>>
Normally I defend GW's cease and desist activities, with the one exception of Spots the Space Marine. Things like Chapter House Studios and the babby picture list builder was not only justified, but also completely necessary under UK copyright laws if GW wanted to keep their IP.

But I really think this is a dick move.

- GW doesn't even make most of these shoulderpads. If you're going to take them down, you better fucking be making shoulders for these chapters, or having FW make them, or at the very least MAKE DECALS FOR THEM.
- You're taking down stuff that's completely unrelated to your IP. Shoulders that have their own shape, design, and emblem are being taken down just because they happen to fit a marine model? Sounds bullshit.

The only part of this move I support is taking down shoulders that had official symbols like the DA or SW symbols, but then you get into things like Ultramarines who have a symbol that's not unique to GW.
>>
>>55290197
>SW symbols

The concept of wolves is owned by GW now?
>>
File: Space_Wolves_Badge1.png (921KB, 844x941px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Wolves_Badge1.png
921KB, 844x941px
>>55290241
>hur dur dur dur

Yes, you fucking faggot, where the fuck else have you seen pic related besides GW? If sports teams can own their simple as fuck logos, then GW sure as shit can own a more complex design of their own creation. The "concept of wolves" has nothing to fucking do with a unique legion symbol to begin with.
>>
>>55290573
>omg a wolf and a diamond
>original content donut steel

ok, well have fun being a retard
>>
Now that the designs are back up after a brief downtime, I am thinking of actually buying some of this guy's shoulder pads so I can have some decent looking Mantis Warriors. I wouldn't have even heard of this guy's store if it wasn't for the takedown, so I guess that GW did something right after all.
>>
>>55274356
>Dont like it, dont support them.
Right, I'll just go to some place without the markup like Shapeways.

Oh wait
>>
GW is so fucking stupid guess what you need to use those shoulder pads SPACE MARINE MODELS. where do you buy space marines GAMES WORKSHOP! No one buys the thrid party space marines they look like crap outside of characters and Charente cheaper than GW. I was literally gearing up to buy a bunch of forgeworld stuff and get some shapeways stuff for night lords that they don't make (cataphractii shoulders and was gonna get some custom shields too). Now I'll probably spend that money on OOP chaos dwarfs instead.
>>
>>55290573
If someone made an exact replica of that sure but a different wolf on a diamond no. That's why there's tons of pirate and Viking march in the world despite the Pirates and Vikings existing.
>>
>>55291642
Shapeways terrain is shittier and even more expensive than GWs crazy expensive terrain. Only pauldron accessories are cheap.
>>
>>55292190
Who is even talking about terrain?
>>
>>55290197
>- You're taking down stuff that's completely unrelated to your IP. Shoulders that have their own shape, design, and emblem are being taken down just because they happen to fit a marine model? Sounds bullshit
That was probably shapeways, getting heavy handed and taking everything down while they take the time to go through the specifics. Youtube does it to, make a claim and a thing gets taken down. After a close look at the situation it comes back up if it wasn't actually in violation.
>>
>>55281776
>the 40k universe being very Frank Herberts Dune.

OKAY FUCKING WHAT. Someone needs to go into greater detail on this because I love Dune and I've seen fuckall similarities/references in 40k. Dune takes itself very seriously, it's very thoughtful.
>>
>>55284429
>>55284965
>>55284396
That's nice to know. As long as they're only going after the actual thieves and not playing copyright troll it's all good.
>>
>>55294708
Are you fucking kidding me right now?
>>
>>55294708
>The God-Emperor of Mankind has sacrificed himself, trapped in a terrible physical form in order so he might continue guiding and protecting humanity
>An all-female army of religious fanatics protect him
>The Navigator Guilds, genetic mutants who are the only means of interstellar travel, get up to political intrigue.
>Shapeshifting assassins are at large in the Imperial court as well as all over the galaxy
>AI has been banned due to mysterious long-ago conflict, human savants and cyborgs do their roles instead

What am I describing, elements of the setting of Warhammer 40,000 or elements of the setting of Frank Herbert's Dune novels? I could go on but I'm lazy.
>>
File: 028288_12017.jpg (73KB, 427x584px) Image search: [Google]
028288_12017.jpg
73KB, 427x584px
>>55290573
>Yes, you fucking faggot, where the fuck else have you seen pic related besides GW?
>Wow, the wolf's head so original
>>
>>55297105
Yeah but 40k also tosses in theft from virtually everything else ever. It's such a hodge-podge of unoriginal trash that it's basically just the bargain bin of novels at any thrift store on planet Earth. It's not really heavily-influenced by any particular thing. It just consumed everything available, then splattered out a hot gallon of the biggest chunks in a sloppy, diarrhea stew.

So it's pretty easy to greentext how it's exactly based on literally anything. Let's greentext about how it's related to corn:
>Most-obvious evil guy is literally just re-spelling the word like "majik" and "feggut"
>"Hive" worlds are just a cob of samey bullshit from top to bottom with kernels at the top that are not unique in any way
>When you got your first set at 14 and bit through the plastic bits they got stuck in your teeth
>>
>>55297105

>he thinks that borrowing narrative elements is the same thing as using someone else's trademarks or duplicating copyrighted designs

Wew.
>>
>>55298443
those are different wolves heads though.
they're generally similar but still clearly distinct from eachother.
>>
>>55300791
>those are different wolves heads though.
Do you realise that if someone will have ASOIAF license he can make any kind of wolf to represent Starks and there is nothing what GW can do with it.
>>
>>55300833
well no. they could make any kind of wolf that isn't an exact copy of an already trademarked wolf head symbol. Thats kind of the point of trademarks.

If they literally reproduce the SW wolf exactly then GW would have a legitimate case against them. At the same time if GW decided to do a new SW codex with the Stark dire wolf on it then theyd be in trouble.
>>
File: fake news everone.jpg (102KB, 990x749px) Image search: [Google]
fake news everone.jpg
102KB, 990x749px
>>55268536
>Metzen
>>
>>55275293
KKK is a meme. They have like 5k members, MS13 has like 75k.
>>
>>55276470
Actually producing a product is literally the cheapest part of it though. Medicine, cars, TVs, miniatures, movies and shows etc. A tiny fraction of their production cost is raw materials and machinery. The overwhelming majority is either designing and manufacturing working prototypes, paying for research, patents and copyright expenses and that sort of thing. It's why you can buy a no name brand medication for a fraction of what the company that designed it charges. One is paying to develop it and the other is just taking a preexisting design and mass producing it which is far cheaper. A few pennies might be what a model costs, but the molds are much more I'm sure and paying the sculptors far more than that.
>>
>>55268376
Something desperately needs to be done to give Games Workshop a black eye and a taste of humility. There's protectiveness over IP and then there's corporate bullying.
>>
>>55285703
Maybe they should sue some of Napoleons descendants then since he had an Imperial Guard too.
>>
>>55302414
That happened and it just made the situation infinitely worse.
>>
>>55282739
As an older fan I can tell you that all the decent fanbase moved to Facebook. It fucking sucks as a platform but if you want to talk to Oldhammer guys or competitive painters then that's the place to be. Places like this are just the bottom of the barrel now that there is no creativity. You have people who can barely build a snap fit kit telling people to thin their paints and that's basically as far as it goes. There's no longer any fiction being written and there's sure as fuck no new art work.

What is left of 4chan but a rotting corpse filled with maggots at this point?
>>
>>55300972
>isn't an exact copy of an already trademarked wolf head symbol.
Nice, I will cutt off runes, see, already different, since GW cannot copyright the head itself and metal-cover style
>>
>>55268446
Yeah, but even if they're not named (I remember a company that made minis that were obviously Batou, Motoko, Deunan, Tank Girl, and a generic-ish Commisar) the physical design is probably more than enough.
>>
>>55268376
I'm confused, doesn't the ruling from the chapter house case prevent this sort of thing?
>>
>>55299842
Pretty sure he was just responding to someone disagreeing with:
>the 40k universe being very Frank Herberts Dune.
>>
>>55306057
No, GW won that case on charges like this.
>>
>>55284443
>/pol/ will become a hardcore leftie board within ten years
Ten? Two.

>>55289560
>Within ten years this entire website will be as relevant as geocities.
This also. It's just impossible to monetize, even a Jew like Moot couldn't do it. Think about that for a second.
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.