[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my character concept, /tg/ >Male human fighter >16

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: chew-9_680-453.jpg (325KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
chew-9_680-453.jpg
325KB, 680x453px
Rate my character concept, /tg/

>Male human fighter
>16 strength, 6 int
>Caravan guard for a decade.
>Sick of it.
>Decides to become an adventurer, get rich or die trying.
>Steals some weapons and armor and sets off.
>Career goal is to buy a house and never travel again.
>Carries a farmer's almanac with him. Spends his spare time trying to read it. Is barely literate.
>Knows tons about travelling, camping. Doesn't know how to navigate.
>Tries to resolve problems with violence as a first resort. Prone to charging into battle undaunted.
>Imprints on a party member he considers smart and asks them for guidance often.
>Tries to deposit his coin whenever he gets a chance. Doesn't take it with him.
>>
Your character looks like it has split personality disorder between brutish barbarian and a sensible, racional scholar.
>>
>>55260637
What makes him seem like a rational scholar? Is it the almanac? He reads because it's the one book he owns and is trying to practice. He doesn't even know what the book is about.
>>
>>55260539

I like it.
Id throw in another bullet about how he interacts with merchants since he was a caravan guard for a decade. He's gotta have some sort of opinion.
>>
>>55260732
He seems to use logic and reason, he asks people for guidence, he actually tries to educate himself. This is behaviour typical for ancient scholars and philosophers, not your everyday thugs and farmers.
>>
>>55260539
I don't think "Caravan guard for a decade" and "Tries to resolve problems with violence as a first resort. Prone to charging into battle undaunted" really mingle, violence is bad for business. Unless he only traveled trough very inhospitable regions or had to change master often due to his rash behavior.
>>
>>55261091
Yeah, he's used to long stretches of wilderness, so if there's something amiss he assumes it's a monster. Though I am not sure if his aggression is due to his time as a guard or a mindset shift from becoming an adventurer.
>>
>>55260539
>Male human fighter
start over
>>
>>55260539
Like >>55260732 and >>55261091 said, he seems a bit scattered. He has low intelligence, but is trying to learn and asks for advice. He asks for advice, but he's prone to rushing in without care. He worked as a guard, but had to steal weapons and armor.

Not only that, but his goal is something that might end up getting resolved rather quickly. I mean, quest until you find a magic sword, and you've probably got enough gold to buy your own property easily. Make it an inn, and you have an easy source of income that requires no traveling.
>>
>>55260539
Sounds okay. A good concept for a low int, average wis character.
>>
>>55260539
Jesus, 16 strength, 6 int? That feels like low strength, for sacrificing that much intelligence.
>>
>D&D
>>
He sounds a bit too smart for 6 int, that should be an actual retard
>>
>>55260539
6 int is really stupid. like dumber than most orcs.

too dumb to even have the desire to learn to read really.
>>
>>55260539
No anon you should play as a fat lesbian orc sorcerer with high charisma but low wisdom.
>>
>>55265861
>>55265910
A 6 is like bottom 10% of society, and IQ wise that is like 80.

So, you'd be borderline retarded, not literally.
>>
>>55260971
>>55265910

Would that not be offset by a normal wisdom.
Int is just his intellectual capability.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.