[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a bro out - what's a good way of starting with this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3952.jpg (34KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3952.jpg
34KB, 512x288px
Help a bro out - what's a good way of starting with this game? What's shit, what's OP, what's fun?

Thanks /tg/ for helping with a new hobby/money sink
>>
>>55250068
Also, just to add, is going heavy on fighter screens worth it?
>>
>>55250068
buy the starter set, play the 1v1 till you get a good feel for it. It is pretty different to tie fighter, so remember that. It requires a lot of planning, i use fluffy fleets so I can't really help with competetive ones.
>>
>>55250165
Thanks for the advice man.

What's the biggest difference between imp and rebels?
>>
>>55250068
You'll probably catch more people's attention in the Star Wars General thread (although the current one has hit the bump limit, so it might be worth it to wait for a new thread).
Current thread: >>55210692
>>
>>55250068

>what's a good way of starting with this game
Two starter sets split with a friend is serviceable (you both get sets of dice, movement templates etc.) but boring. I did starter + big Reb ship + small Imp ship since I'm collecting both. Later down the line I would suggest at least one of the fighter packets-- they really open up your options for how aggressive or defensive you want your fighter screens.

>What's shit
I've always thought the Nebulon-B is terrible by itself. Doubling up helps but ultimately it feels outclassed by other comperably sized/point ships. Its sides are made of tissue paper; if you use it, go support.

>what's OP
I'm not super qualified to answer that, but I understand that activation stacking can be a thing-- grabbing the gozanti/rebel transports in bulk forces your opponent (with fewer ships) to activate their important dudes first, meaning you get a lot more agency in which and when your own activate.

>what's fun
Making pew pew noises with your mouth as you roll dice. And just playing in general. Flipping over an order that was perfectly anticipated will make you feel like a god.

And flipping over the exact 100% opposite order than you need right now will make you feel like an Imperial. It's pretty fun either way.
>>
File: orthos1.jpg (1MB, 2800x4200px) Image search: [Google]
orthos1.jpg
1MB, 2800x4200px
>>55250068
>What's shit
The Victory I - it's a close range gunship that can goes fast enough or turn hard enough to keep it's guns on the enemy. Honorable mentions go to the Interdictor and Pelta
>What's OP
Demolisher title for the Gladiator Star Destroyer and the Boarding Trooper/Avenger Title combo on the Imperial Star Destroyer are both hot button topics right now(and forever)
>What's fun
-Sloan TIE Superiority
-Madine's Liberty Drift
-Screed Crit Circus
-Cracken MSU

>>55253630
Nebulons would work better in an Imperial fleet. Motti boosts their survivability, Vader gives them the innate rerolls they lack, and Jerrjerrod lets them U-turn at will. Plus then you've got individual officers like Tua and Callus to further boost them. Furthermore on the tacitcal level you can put them a little ahead of your formation and cover their flanks with you big star destroyer front arcs. Alas Nebs are reb only.
>>
>>55254153
>The Victory I - it's a close range gunship that can goes fast enough or turn hard enough to keep it's guns on the enemy.
Can't. It can't go fast enough or turn hard enough.

On a theory level tractor beams, Konstantine's ability, and Interdictor shenanigans should let you line up a shot, but it never reliably works.
>>
>>55254263
Jerry
>>
No, too expensive and the fucking moneygrabbing card system, start playing DFC, new fleetboxes around the corner 99pounds 1250 fleet points.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.