[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 81

File: Dwarf hobbies.jpg (94KB, 485x592px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf hobbies.jpg
94KB, 485x592px
Dwarf Hobbies edition
Previous Thread >>55212886

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya, Vermintide 2, Doomwheel

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8
>>
File: Black Guard charge.jpg (27KB, 423x500px) Image search: [Google]
Black Guard charge.jpg
27KB, 423x500px
First for the Druchii!
>>
maybe i'm an idiot but did they split up the warscrolls compendiums? i can't seem to find the pdf which lists all the skaven units in a single pdf
>>
Was spinetail an actual character? I can't find any information on him, not on lexicanum, 1d4chan, or WHFB wiki
>>
File: Tomb guard.jpg (91KB, 972x751px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb guard.jpg
91KB, 972x751px
>>
File: IMG_1003.png (394KB, 602x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1003.png
394KB, 602x455px
>>55248499
Does Dragon hunting count as a hobby?
>>
Anyone else spend their time trying to hunt down old models? Some of them are a real bitch to find.
>>
File: FILTHY RATS.jpg (30KB, 391x238px) Image search: [Google]
FILTHY RATS.jpg
30KB, 391x238px
>>55248857

The only thing I could find related to him was he took part in the Island of Blood, fighting on behalf of Lord Verminkin of Clan Moulder.
>>
>>55245420
>The progenitor of the Strigoi
>Dying to an orc at the height of his power
>Vampires
>Dying
>>
>>55248857
Not in the rules. He's from the Island of Blood novel.
>>
File: 1462772888633.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1462772888633.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>55249812
What does the Horned Rat even like? Sometimes he just seems like a greedier racist Nurgle. I wish he'd get fleshed out and made more distinct. Could work in a few concepts from Malal or the other old lore gods.

Also, cute rat.

>>55249821
Technically even if he did die, he could be resurrected.
>>
>>55249884
The only existing image of him was a drawing by Genzoman which is currently on 1d4chan, though I wouldn't go off of that one, If anything he probably looks more like his daemons.

also, thanks!
>>
>>55249884
woops misread

As far as I know, the Horned Rat is a bit of each of the chaos gods in a way, the disease aspect of Nurgle, the science and warp power aspect of Tzeentch, the warlike ferocity of Khorne, and the excessive pursuit of warpstone and complete narcissism is a little like Slaanesh.

He's pretty much a mixed bag, just embodying chaos as a whole as I see it.
>>
>>55249812
>>55250007
Want mate-mate now!
>>
>>55250112
what the fuck-fuck
>>
so I stopped playing fantasy at end times. Is ninth age what everybody is playing now?
>>
>>55250229
Ninth Age is shit. It's wholly inferior in every way.
>>
>>55250229
Nah. At least not at my gaming club. If we want rank and file fantasy game we go for Kings of War but with our Fantasy armies.

We even started expanding our armies with shit that is in the KoW lists but was never a thing in WHFB.

For example a friend of mine build a dwarven steel bememoth out of a british WW1 tank. Now with 200% more runes and pipes!
>>
File: IMG_1007.png (10KB, 1016x888px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1007.png
10KB, 1016x888px
>>55250447
Lali-ho?
>>
>>55250074
Isn't the Horned Rat essentially more selfish/self serving than the other gods? Each of them embodies and promotes a concept or emotion like anger, decay and rebirth, intrigue or pleasure. The Horned Rat seems to only care about increasing his own power and will use all of the above as means to that end. It fits with the idea that he was originally an ambitious demon rather than a full fledged god.
>>
File: FILTHY RATS.jpg (29KB, 283x353px) Image search: [Google]
FILTHY RATS.jpg
29KB, 283x353px
>>55250909
Yeah, that is correct. He would readily throw any being under the bus if it meant his ascension.
>>
>>55250909
If you go by the liber chaotica lore basically because the skaven think he is very idependet and self serving he IS independet and self serving.

Warhammer chaos gods (I mean the really broad definition by which Sigmar is also god made our of chaos energy) can only do the shit that their followers BELIEVE they could do.

So by this logic while the Horned Rat is self thinking he could never do something good.

The warhammer theory of Choas energy is way deeper then just DURHUR MUH CHOAS GODS
>>
>>55249884

Some anon had a headcanon in which nurgle and tzeentch tried to get the skaven to worship them through spreading pestilence and warpstone respectively. the skaven however were so arrogant they could only worship themselves and so a new chaos entity was born.
>>
>>55251002
It's a bit of a chicken and egg question, but is the HR an emanation of the collective skaven psyche? I thought the HR came first and created the skaven in his image so that he could be worshipped and become a god.
>>
>>55250229
It's a mix of fantasy 8th ed. and AoS at my club.
>>
>>55251141
The Horned Rat is just like every other skaven, really. He does what any skaven would do if given that much power, since they're a bunch of lying, cheating, stealing, backstabbing little cunts who don't give a shit about anyone other than themselves in the end.
>>
I'd just like to mention over in the Blood Bowl General, our 9th season of the /tg/ League is starting shortly.

We use the free FUMBBL client/website, pop over if you're interested.
>>
File: vermintide packmaster.png (92KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
vermintide packmaster.png
92KB, 500x331px
>>55249884
>What does the Horned Rat even like?

You remember that one total bastard ladder-climber middle manager? That guy.
>>
File: Empire_Swordsmen.jpg (198KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_Swordsmen.jpg
198KB, 800x534px
Question for you all, what were the troops like of the earlier eras of the empire? Surely they weren't always
renaissance like right?
>>
File: Sigmar_at_Blackfire_Pass.png (1MB, 883x636px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar_at_Blackfire_Pass.png
1MB, 883x636px
>>55251713
The absolute earliest era of the Empire was just after Sigmar unified it in the first place. At that point they were essentially Germanic Vikings.
>>
>>55251757
yeah and I get they were like that during unification period, but kinda hard to invision them instantly transitioning from german barbarians/vikings to the renaissance HRE troops that the models look like.
>>
>>55251713
Look at the Skelletons and Grave Guard. They wear old (like 500-1000yo) imperial armor and stuff (+batwings and skullz etc.)
>>
>>55251795
Well of course they wouldn't have. Just because GW never got around to designing the interim fashion designs doesn't mean everyone threw away their bearskins and put on feathery hats on one precise day.

GW never designed any interim fashions for the Empire, but since they directly lifted Germanic barbarians for the early stage and Germanic HRE for the late stage, it's a fair bet that they would've lifted something Germanic from real life for the interim period.
>>
>>55251795
Given that they see Bretonnia as "backward" in their tactics and style, I would say they used to be all castles and knights in the same manner between barbarian and pike and shot.
>>
I wonder who put on the first feather on his helmet ...and who thought "I need a bigger one!"
>>
>>55251822
wouldn't that be just rhe kinda stuff the people of sylvania used in past.
>>55251846
Was just curious is they ever kinda expanded on how the empire was like during those periods. Guess only thing is to guess it went same progression as hre did irl.
>>
>>55251896
Before Vlad Sylvania was just a normal Empire province (with some cruel counts but still)
>>
File: Magnusthepious2.jpg (299KB, 584x1288px) Image search: [Google]
Magnusthepious2.jpg
299KB, 584x1288px
>>55251896
Pretty much the only image we have from between Sigmar and Karl Franz's day was Magnus the Pious, only 200 years before dear ol' Karl. That's not much time for fashion to evolve, but as you can see, it's a bit less ostentatious and more brutal. And he seems to have left his huge feathered hat at home. Of course, he may have just personally preferred to dress plainly.
>>
>>55251713
I'm picturing carolingian soldiers like pic related.

>>55251757
>>55251795

>Every Dark Age european-inspired warrior is a viking.
I wish that this meme would end.
>>
>>55249821

Do you actually have a source or something for him being alive?

And Konrad died and stayed dead IIRC
>>
File: hoopsk3c.jpg (178KB, 924x1399px) Image search: [Google]
hoopsk3c.jpg
178KB, 924x1399px
>>55251919
>only 200 years before dear ol' Karl. That's not much time for fashion to evolve

Don't be daft.
>>
>>55252055
I wasn't meming, I know the difference. But in this specific case, since the Empire and the Norsii are supposed to come from a common root (Sigmar drove the Chaos-worshipping tribes off the old world), they pre-Empire tribes aesthetic was, indeed, a mix between barbarians and vikings.
>>
>>55252084
My apologies; I should have appended 'in a stagnant world staggering blindly out of its own Dark Ages.'
>>
>>55251757
Those warriors look like a gritty fantasy take on lombard soldiers.
>>
>>55252113
What makes you think that fashion would be any slower in those cultures? Especially considering that this new found empire would have access to inspiration from all manner of exotic people's way of dress?
>>
>>55252129
Yeah, I can see them being what the Empire soldiers started to look like after Dwarven smithing techniques became widespread.
>>
>>55249884
clan pestilence basically worship nurgle that disguised himself as the horned rat. they just don´t know it and since they are technically still calling their god the horned rat the horned rat still get´s warp power through them so he doesn´t mind that much.
The Horned Rat is just the ultimate personification of all Skavendom. He want´s complete world domination but also enjoys tormenting other Skaven that dared to annoy him
>>
>>55252152
>Newfound
>Magnus the Pious's era
>2350 years in
>>
I know we don't talk about the End Times, but I really need to get this off my chest.

So I was browsing lexicanum yesterday, read about the good ol' Bretonnia stuff and about the Green Knight. Swell guy and all, but why the fuck did GW decide to let Abhorash, THE fucking Abhorash, leader of the Blood Dragons and warrior supreme, go all like 'I bend my knee to thee'?

Surely Gilles was a beast in combat and the best knight whoever lived (Landuin...), but this stuff with Aborash is like unstoppable force meets unmovable object. Both guys were about honor and chivalry and true martial power, but why bending knee and not just joining up?

If they just wanted to throw a few breadcrumbs to appease the Bretonnia players it sure didn't work after years of neglect and getting the finger.

tl;dr: Endtimes is really an abysmal clusterfuck of shitty writing and no sane person should really indulge in it, if they want to keep their sanity.

Sorry for the rant and in before 'thanks for the blog post'
>>
>>55252095
Oh my mistake then. I thought that the norsii and the tribes that would evolved into the empire were of different ethnicities and cultures.
>>
>>55252055
I was just using how the other person simplified them. the dudes in the pic look sorta like invading barbarians from roman era but still pretty different.

Carolingian esc/frankish troops would be a sweet look for them.
>>
>>55252187
They were different in specific ways, some moreso than others, but otherwise pretty darn close. Part of the reason the Norsii hate the Empire so much is that the northernmost bit used to be their turf.
>>
>>55248499
if you guys could have had total freedom with the warhammer fantasy franchise what would have you done with it instead of The End Times and Age of Sigma

Personally I would have taken brought back the Choas Dwarfs and introduced a plot devise that rapidly increased the time in some areas of the Warhammer world but not others as an excuse to drastically change some faction but keep other fractions almost completely unchanged
>>
>>55252056
Konrad stayed dead, because even for a crazy power-hungry vampire he was just too much. I'm sure there wasn't even one person, who wanted him back.
>>
>>55252184
Thanks for your opinion, it has been noted. Yes, Abhorash bending his knee is silly.
>>
>>55252223
For one, keep Nagash in the ground. You have no idea how much I hate that fucker.
>>
>>55252177
>'in a stagnant world staggering blindly out of its own Dark Ages.'
That's a clear signal that you werent talking about Magnus the Pious time. It might have been a harsh time a kin to the crisis of the third century for the Roman Empire but calling it a dark age is giving it unjustice.
>>
>>55252261
Then I apologize for using the wrong term. For future reference, how would you describe the period of time where the Empire was leaderless and riven by corruption and factionalism before ol' Maggy P took charge?
>>
>>55252223
changes to factions would be:

Dark Elves being forest to enslave a new race of creatures that look like a mix between Urukais and Yetis and implement them into the army thanks to being stretched thin after countless Chaos and Beastmen invasions.

The Choas Dwarfs would fin themselves count in the middle of another giant civil war, where on of their most powerful generals breaks free and creates a new race of Chaos Orks that worship him as a god. I was think about him being kinda parody of 40k were Chaos Orks can´t stop 5 seconds without talking about how great he is. Choas Orks would look and act very differently then standard Orks however. There armies would look a bit like the locust from gears of war.
>>
>>55252223
So, the exact same thing that GW tried in 40k and where we haven't even seen all of it yet? You'd be accused of chaos wank, because I think the only other capable power would be the Slann with some magic shenanigans. That's probably why they killed of WHFB. It was just stagnant and they couldn't do much more with it and ran out of ideas.
I mean, they already did the big, fat monster thingy with Storm of Chaos and the big blobs of infantry with the addition of the horde characteristic in 8th edition. They wrote themselves into a corner and had no way to salvage it anymore.
>>
>>55252223
Since recent discussions, expand on earlier time frame in a sorta horus heresy situation that 40k has. Maybe set it during Age of the Three Emperors or sigmar's era. Probably would appeal to people who like more medieval fantasy also, not that I dislike renaissance era stuff.
>>
>>55252236
His idea about inserting ghoul as emperor was great.
Even meathead like Konrad have better intrigues than Mannlet
>>
>>55252272
>Then I apologize for using the wrong term.
No need, I was a bit dickish desu.

>For future reference, how would you describe the period of time where the Empire was leaderless and riven by corruption and factionalism before ol' Maggy P took charge?
I would describe it as a crisis. I brought up the crisis of the third century as its really quite a good RL comparison to the period.
A dark age is generally understood as a prolonged period of time of backwardedness and scant historical records that follows the collapse of an extensive and technologically advanced society. Think societal post-apocalypsm.
>>
>>55252319
I generally would be for anything that fletches out the universe more. anything that adds more lore and unique looks is OK in my book
>>
>>55251757
those troops are what age of sigmar should have been like.

think human ironbreakers, instead of grotesque soul golems
>>
>>55252821
>soul golems

?
>>
>>55252881
Anon hates the Stormcast too much to realize that they're people wearing armour.
>>
>>55250229
>Is ninth age what everybody is playing now?

No. It's Age of Sigmar
>>
>>55252910
It's mainly 40k and KoW around my area.
>>
>>55252184
Abhorash has always been a bitch who served others, his nature would not let him remain standing in the presence of a legendary king.
>>
File: 1497868022001.png (1MB, 1288x646px) Image search: [Google]
1497868022001.png
1MB, 1288x646px
>down to 0 fate points for the third time and constantly heavily wounded

Not sure if my heart can take this, I'm living on the edge which is both terrifying and thrilling while everyone else is reckless because they got fate points to spare
>>
>>55252296
No.
>>
Do people actually live in Sylvania as anything more than a bunch of uneducated peasants?
Is there a weird Count here and there who has a militia of living people?
Also how are politics in Sylvania anyways?
>>
>>55253498
Sylvania has a small, poor burgher/merchant class, artisans, and mortal nobles, who tend to be poor. Before Mannlet's return they were ostensibly answerable to the Count of Stirland, though many looked to a remaining vampire, Countess Gabriella, for guidance. Now they bow to Why So Bald I Am or die.

Multiple counts use living soldiers, both undead and mortal counts.

Politics in Sylvania are tyrannical. Think...well, feudal Russia or France, with warpstone-induced insanity. Technically Sylvanians are all freemen, practically they mostly live in serfdom.
>>
File: Uniforms_59.jpg (410KB, 1280x1768px) Image search: [Google]
Uniforms_59.jpg
410KB, 1280x1768px
>>55250229
It varies from group to group, but I'm basing my list around 8th edition and will probably tailor it depending on what people actually play when I find a group.

>>55253498
As far as I understand, Sylvania has some living burghers and petty nobles underneath them, mostly to make sure their bloodcattle stays in line and to make them things that the undead servants aren't skilled enough to provide. There are next to no priests, however - the Vampires especially don't like Morr for obvious reasons, but even arguably neutral deities like Taal are frowned upon. There's little to no social mobility, but vampires can be ruthless with each other - not quite the level of Dark Elf or Skaven backstabbing, but there's political maneuvering and attacks and forming alliances and feuds.

In many ways Sylvania is a dark mirror of the Empire and its worst flaws, and I imagine its mortal troops would still make use of the old Sylvanian colors. It might be fun to kitbash, especially if you throw in a few Bretonnian bits to emphasize how backwards and twisted they can be.
>>
>>55250229
Nope, KoW took over everything here.
>>
File: 1485299094966.jpg (46KB, 302x530px) Image search: [Google]
1485299094966.jpg
46KB, 302x530px
>>55250074
Well, I do like the idea of him as being somewhat like a Chaos Undivided god more than him being only Nurgle and Tzeentch, I guess. Thanks for the good points.

You could probably include the use of warpstone drugs under the Slaanesh-like purview, and Skaven don't seem all that ferocious except when backed into a corner but we gotta work in Khorne somehow.
>>
>>55252223
Advance the plotline 100 years after the Storm of Chaos, during an age of exploration and colonies.
>>
>>55253962
The black hunger, for one. Skaven are cowardly and sneaky but relish violence. They're also all hedonists.
>>
>>55252272
>For future reference, how would you describe the period of time where the Empire was leaderless and riven by corruption and factionalism before ol' Maggy P took charge?
The age of three Emperors ? It isn't really described as a dark age, there is no mention of stagnancy really.
>>
>Khorne: the Chaos God of bloodlust, war, death, blood, and skulls.
>Tzeentch: the Chaos God of change, fate, mutation, hope, and knowledge. >Nurgle: the Chaos God of plague, despair, disease and death.
>Slaanesh: the Chaos God of lust, pleasure, desire, and excess.
>Horned Rat: the Chaos God of Skaven.
Simple.
>>
>>55251906
Sylvania isn't even a province but a part of Stirland.
>>
>>55252184
>Swell guy and all, but why the fuck did GW decide to let Abhorash, THE fucking Abhorash, leader of the Blood Dragons and warrior supreme, go all like 'I bend my knee to thee'?

It happened in a Black Library book written by a cuck and a vampirefag called Josh Reynolds. GW doesn't moderate Black Library really, it's a different branch.
>>
>>55254362
It was a province at one point (it somehow bought or earned the position, it wasn't a province originally), but was made a part of Stirland again later, and while it technically is still, Slyvania is basically a foreign country.
>>
>>55254275
Simple, but with the Horned Rat, not satisfying. It doesn't explain what he does or holds claim over. It'd be like saying the Lady is the Goddess of Bretonnia. Yes, that's technically true, but what are her spheres of influence? What does she care about?
>>
>>55253962
Skaven are cowardly, but the Horned Rat himself is pretty warlike and angry. It's one of the reasons he gets so pissed off and eats his followers all the time.
>>
>>55250229
Yeah, T9A or AoS rules in WFB setting here.

My community is mostly modelers though.
>>
>>55251141
In the Warp, time doesn't exist. Skaven could have created him, so he created the Skaven to make himself more powerful not knowing he was enabling his own genesis.

Then again time doesn't really exist in real life according to complex physics, its a construct humans use to observe the world which has no actual meaning. So actually the WFB Warp is more like our world than the WFB reality.
>>
>>55252223
Introduce more races like Fishmen and let some live in places like Naggarond and Southlands since they're mostly empty an often populatet by the same races.

Expand on the lore on some regions to breathe more life into it like Lumbria or Dark Lands. Expand the rooster for some factions like Chaos Dwarfs, make them more mechanized and robot heavy.

Expand on the other factions cathay, ind and khuresh primarly, who doesent want Naga.

There is so much you can do and im just angry at all this wasted potential.
>>
>>55252223
Reduce Warriors and Beastmen in numbers, reduce Chaos Gods and Be'lakor, emphasize Daemons and Greater Daemons.

Kill Archaon, leave possibility of resurrection for people to headcanon, like Vlad.

Move some Slann to Albion, build on that plot. Also give Tomb Kings a floating city like a mobile Atlantis. Have High and Dark Elves start to reclaim old colony ruins and fight over the Old World. Give Chaos Dwarfs a new Hold further west.
>>
File: 1501172889341.jpg (216KB, 839x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1501172889341.jpg
216KB, 839x1260px
>>55254826
An anon a few threads back liked the idea of Chaos Dwarves being present in Karak Zorn. While not my favorite idea, what would you think of Chaos Dwarves conquering/claiming the abandoned hold and making use of that for expansion?
>>
>>55252056
Ancient Blood novel.

Empire is killing Gypsies. Ushoran shows up, "Aww HELL naw!"'s Empire Nazis into giblets, then says "I wuz kang, I will be again, come rebuild Mourkain."

The End.
>>
>>55254863
Too far south to be relevant. Not a bad idea, but it doesn't fix their main problem of irrelevance as an army.

All the factions need at least some presence in the Old World itself, and since Chaos Dwarfs are isolationist they need a Hold there.
>>
>>55254891
I can't exactly see where there'd be an opening for them - the World's Edge Mountains is pretty strongly controlled by the regular Dwarves, and any farther south or west would be pushing it.
>>
>>55254907
The north Holds are mostly unoccupied. Or just not elaborated on.

Give them a Hold set so high on a mountain and surrounded by greenskins the other Dwarfs figured it lost for good. Make them like Skaven, they tunnel and attack at random.
>>
File: Typical Sigmarite.jpg (1MB, 1151x1547px) Image search: [Google]
Typical Sigmarite.jpg
1MB, 1151x1547px
So one of the players in my WFRP group rolled an initiate of Sigmar, but the Tome of Salvation says that initiates stay in the temple all day. What justification would there be for a current initiate to be out adventuring?
>>
>>55255432
Classy - sending a package to a different chapel/temple, a letter, needed to journey somewhere etc.
>>
>>55255432
The one I used was that the initiate in question was to deliver a sealed message to a rural priest, then return with any paperwork he had. By the time the PC got back to his bosses, he had enough experience in the kitty and had comported himself well enough that I had it such that he was promoted and put on another assignment parallel to the party's own.
>>
>>55255432
Temple destroyed.
>>
>>55255432
Plot twist: Entire session takes place in the Temple. It has hidden Skaven-filled catacombs n shiet. Ratmen burn it down by the end.
>>
>>55253210
Just use a shield.
>>
File: IMG_1008.jpg (1MB, 1290x1761px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1008.jpg
1MB, 1290x1761px
>>55252223
Just to fuck with people, have some bullshit Zelda timeline nonsense. Chaos winning leads to the AoS timeline. Chaos gets chased away like some Saturday morning cartoon villain leads into the 40k timeline. Then like Zelda, have things set in any random period in this nonsense so the fans can bitch and argue where everything fits.
>>
>>55252223
Remove much of the bullshit in End Times but keep. Belakor's timeline changing to ensure a Chaos victory. Due to this timeline screwing, Belakor unknowingly created numerous alternate timelines where each of the sides won. In one of them, Nagash is ruling over a kingdom with zombie slave versions of everyone. In another Sigmar returned and beat Chaos but at the cost of the other races. There's another Dwarf victory, HElf victory, etc. Due to Chaos time fuckery, these alternate timelines are able to meet and Belakor unknowingly made all the enemies stronger.
>>
>>55254621
Well she likes little boys with magical abilities
>>
File: 1442401147621.jpg (3MB, 1851x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1442401147621.jpg
3MB, 1851x2000px
What was the lore at in 8E? Right before the End Times started?
>>
>>55256644
Why must Elves enjoy /ss/ with humans so much?
>>
>>55256682
Something about the unspoilt youth? Maybe elves only find younger humans attractive because of their youthfulness, which goes well with their immortality n'shit.
>>
File: Orion old.jpg (179KB, 600x875px) Image search: [Google]
Orion old.jpg
179KB, 600x875px
>>55256682
>implying they aren't sacrificing them
>>
>>55256758
>sacrificing their virginities to the elf goddess
>>
>>55256644
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sons_of_Bretonnia
>>
>>55256780
>ET lore
Everything was better left ambiguous.
>>
>>55256835
Are you jealous you didn't plow some Elven pussy as a little boy Mr. Hansen?
>>
>>55256860
Elves are not real, what should I mind.
>>
>1 attack every three rounds with a rifle
>or 1 attack (or more) every round with a bow
>1d10+1 impact damage over three rounds
>or 3d10+9 (or more) damage over three rounds
>300-450 gc for a rifle
>or 15 gc for a bow
>guns are unreliable too
What were they thinking?
>>
>>55256990
>1d10+1
1d10+4*
>>
File: IMG_1010.jpg (265KB, 816x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1010.jpg
265KB, 816x1280px
>>55256904
>Elves are not real, what should I mind.
>>
>>55252223
Advance the timeline by 60 years after Storm of Chaos, tone Chaos down and kill most human (and chaos) special characters. Make another evil faction the big bad of that time and give everyone new units that fit the timeline (empire and dwarves get new tech, HE become a bit more elite, WE get a little closer to the trees, Brets get colonial troops, etc). Don't hesitate to render some units obsolete as well to make room for new ones (Empire speamen).

Depending on the big bad you choose, redo the ranges of the protags. Say, DE are the big bad, so you do a total makeover of the DE, Bret and HE ranges, and maybe push out an Estalian/pirate/merc range.

You escalate the lore towards a big confrontation over 4 years (with a small summer campaign at year two) and then pull a giant summer campaign where everyone is involved, results affects the world, then advance the setting 60 years forwards again.
>>
>>55252223
Have a big event like Gathering Storm that DIDN'T destroy the setting. Stormcast Eternals are called Celestials and are an army of anti-daemon Sigmarian heroes that appear whenever the winds of magic are strong.
>>
>>55253498
Due to the Vampire Wars Sylvania is pretty much empty, just full of peasants that keep to themselves. The Empire has a hard time establishing any kind of rule in the area because people are too scared to bother with it.
>>
>>55257195
I'm pretty sure Gathering Storm destroyed plenty though. Emprah is canon ADB Emprah.
>>
>>55254275
The Horned Rat is the god of decay and anti-progression. Going from Rome to the Dark Ages, Detroit going from the Arsenal of Democracy to what it is today, and the destruction of all good/progressive races and replacing them with shitty rats
>>
File: Vampire Counts Alternate Armies.png (1MB, 1285x903px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire Counts Alternate Armies.png
1MB, 1285x903px
As someone who never played WHFB 6th edition's alternate armies could be a fun way of adding subfaction variety to TW:WH. What do you guys think, and what could be some alternate armies for factions that didn't get any, such as the Beastmen, Bretonnia, or the Wood Elves?
>>
>>55257291
>Going from Rome to the Dark Ages
But anon, I thought you said anti-progression. I guess they did have a handful of centuries of slowdown.
>>
>>55251713
Like most fantasy settings a lot of tech in WHFB is stagnant. There were black powder weapons during the time of the first Ottilan Emperor which was hundreds of years before the present time.

It is known that in its early stages the barbarian tribes that Sigmar united basically had Visigoth-level technology
>>
File: IMG_0877.jpg (944KB, 1700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0877.jpg
944KB, 1700x1200px
>>55257344
Ind
>>
>>55257345
I felt a bit dirty writing that line, I know the dark ages is exaggerated, but there was a lot of technological and social regression (i.e. de-urbanization). But I felt the analogy fit.
>>
>>55257282
Gathering Storm destroyed Cadia and brought back a Primarch basically.

The WHFB equivalent would be like...Chaos destroys Kislev and some legendary character like Caledor comes back.
>>
>>55257347
Wasn't technology somewhat progressing?
>>55257369
I think they did have some time before they became better. I heard Byzantium food was alright.
>>
>>55257390
>Chaos destroys Kislev and some legendary character like Caledor comes back
Sounds like ET
>>
>>55257390
No, what he means is that he hates how ADB wrote Emps, and then Dark Imperium brought that characterization of Emps forward to the 'present day'.

But this isn't a 40k thread, so we'd best move on quickly.
>>
File: IMG_0866.jpg (209KB, 1920x879px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0866.jpg
209KB, 1920x879px
Are they in Total War soon?
>>
>>55254816
There already is some vague race of fishmen that are briefly mentioned in some edition isnt there? I remember them living in mud bogs and having crab claw hands and sometimes cooperating with beastmen.
>>
I am reading up on the Lizardmen lore and it says that the lizzies were created for the purpose of committing wholesale genocide on the races that didn't fit into the great plan of the old ones.

Does that mean that the skaven were essentially acting in self-defense the whole time and dindu nuffin wrong?
>>
>>55257487
No. Next question?
>>
>>55257487
Likely one of the first major DLC races for TWW2, considering that its adding the Southlands and Nehekara.
>>
File: IMG_0515.jpg (713KB, 1681x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0515.jpg
713KB, 1681x854px
>>55257503
Does Slaanesh play VNs?
>>
>>55257535
Play? He makes them. All of them.
>>
File: Untitled.gif (51KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.gif
51KB, 960x640px
>>55257712
>Slaanesh made CLANNAD & the rest of Key
>Slaanesh made Katawa Shoujo
>Slaanesh made Phoenix Wright
>>
>>55257487
The only confirmed DLC for TW:W2 is Clan Skyre/Thanquol and an unknown race. Probably will be Tomb Kangz
>>
>>55257367
Would Kushan fit in Total War?
>>
>>55257010
what part of berserk is this even from, Ive never seen it and I got all the way up to the petal king or what the fuck ever shes called
>>
>>55257963
It's from the Lost Children arc. After Golden Age.
>>
If im just getting into whfb where should I start 8th ED?
>>55257535
what the fuck is even going on in this picture
>>
>>55257963
I believe it's when the little girl turns into a moth monster and begins eating parents. Then Guts shows up to slice her open while munching on a fetus and you kind of feel bad for her. Just a little.
>>
File: Tomaru Sawagoe.png (113KB, 721x339px) Image search: [Google]
Tomaru Sawagoe.png
113KB, 721x339px
>>55258054
Read this
>>
>>55258068
Is this some fetishisized version of Castor from asoiaf?
>>
>>55258063
oh yea mb I remember now
>>55258068
o-oh
>>
>>55258119
>>55258162
There is an entire copypasta about Tomaru & the shit he done. It's not relevant though.
>>
>>55258183
>has sex with 5 generations of his children
sounds kinda like BS to me desu
>>
>>55258252
The Emperor fills his sons with his DNA a& teaches them to fill their children with their gene seed. Parental incest isn't anything abnormal in Games Workshop.
>>
are there any fanmade rules that fix the fucking beastmen
>>
>>55258813
how can tomaru fuck his children for 90 years in a row
>>
>>55259180
Being sexy
>>
What minitures could I use for mounted empire reiksguard if I didn't want to use the old GW plastics.

Any ideas?
>>
Get the fuck out with that /a/ shit.
>>
File: Knightly_Orders_of_The_Empire.png (688KB, 656x770px) Image search: [Google]
Knightly_Orders_of_The_Empire.png
688KB, 656x770px
>>55259285
better?
>>
File: IMG_0940.jpg (141KB, 640x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0940.jpg
141KB, 640x599px
>>55259285
>>
File: 1501322283081.png (3MB, 1179x1805px) Image search: [Google]
1501322283081.png
3MB, 1179x1805px
>>55259272
Have you checked Kings of War?
>>
>>55259434
I actually need those minis for a Kings of War Empire army but their minitures don't give of the Reiksguard vibe.
>>
>>55254621
Every great one was minor at some point, part of the reason the great ones became great was because their realms were so broad, there are still minor chaos gods. The Horned Rat just happens to be minor God that found away to get enough worship without the need to convert others or expand his realm. He is the God of Skaven and ensured his rise to power by patronising a race that only worships him, anything else is heresy and even other realms the Skaven simply treat as aspects of the Horned Rat, that is how he managed to become a greater deity; by breeding a race of billions that can only worship him. Slaanesh needs to spread secret cults among all the races that all have a risk of being purged in order to expand his power, The Horned Rat only needs the Skaven to keep breeding and his power pool with grow and grow. He is the God of Skaven. There is only one God and the Grey Seers are his messengers.

>but what are his spheres of influence? What does he care about?
Skaven and Skaven.
>>
>>55259466
I'm too tired to fix the grammatical mess I made here.
>>
>>55259419
whats this from
>>
>>55252223
Advance time 10-20 years after Storm of Chaos, Karl Franz is getting older/sick/wounded from fighting Archie so the Empire is back to small civil wars and squabbling for who will be the next emperor. Vlad comes back and takes advantage of the fractured Empire to make his claim for the throne. Give Marienburg, Tilea, and Estalia some attention by making them the main human power players in the New World in an Age of Exploration parallel. Dwarfs retake some holds and get some fun new toys, just in time for the Chaos Dwarfs to start moving West. Chaos becomes more focused on Daemons and small elite human units since they lost a good deal of people in the SoC (maybe turn Marauder heavy armies into guerrilla armies or something). Flesh out areas of the map that we don't know much about like Cathay, Ind, Nippon, etc.

Either that or do something like >>55252821 said and roll the clock back, making Age of Sigmar actually take place when Sigmar was alive and forming the Empire.
>>
>>55257291
Part of the reason the Skaven were so popular is because they were one of the few factions that, prior to The End Times, wasn't either "Destroy Everything" like most evil factions or "Boo hoo the world is declining, everything is decadent, it was better in the good old days, we're dying out etc etc" like every good faction. Compared to almost every other faction Skaven were the only ones that were actually BUILDING anything; founding new cities and mines, digging tunnels and creating dams, forming complex political and ecclesiastical structures, inventing the telephone, extensive bio-engineering research, evolving mercantile enterprises, sending colonies to the new world etc. The Skaven were a grotesque, sadistic and disgusting parody of urban humanity in their dealings with one and other, but they were also optimistic as a whole; they were pretty much the only race in the canon whose future was depicted as one of thriving growth and expansion, of thrusting forward into an uncertain future, of new ideas and frontiers; the other races were depressing by comparison. A lot of the time the Skaven were written as more relatable to modern humans than the actual human factions, which serves the parody but did nothing to make the Skaven seem more evil than a humanity afflicted with a need to secretly worship gods that turn your arms into tentacles. I feel like this is partly a result of the later editions constantly feeling the need to up the grimdark in Empire and Bretonnia in order to try and catch some of 40k's popularity but still, Skaven were the only faction that wasn't either out to destroy everything or had one foot in the grave already.
>>
>>55250153
exactly
>>
File: Councilof13.png (456KB, 789x747px) Image search: [Google]
Councilof13.png
456KB, 789x747px
Best member of the council of 13?
>>
>>55252223
I would have had the End Times but change the ending that the world is saved by the incarnates in the end instead of being destroyed.

World is really damaged but the resulting energy drags in the AoS realms which makes magic much easier to use as well as leaving the magical realms (including the realm of Chaos) open to attack. Having Sigmar as a literal living god makes him create the Stormcast Eternals to reinforce state troops.

It would make the setting into a 'tensions are never higher' as how the Realm of Chaos and the Warhammer World are at threat with gods fighting over who wins the final conflict.
>>
>>55259915
I would give it to Morskittar.
>>
>>55259795
This
>>
>>55259465
There's the perry mounted men at arms that have this kind of vibe.

The Assault Group sells also valois french metal rides that perfectly fit that theme.
>>
>>55259915
Nurglitch. Clan Pestilens has taken on the rest of Skavendom and fought it to a standstill TWICE (2x)

Pestilens > Skryre > Moulder > Eshin in sheer power
>>
>>55259915
>warlord general of skavendom

this sounds like a really impressive position.
>>
>>55257498
Yes they are already there and living underwater. There is a toadlike beastmen race that lives in mud and small shelters.
Still i want on them expanded.
>>
>>55259915
I kind of like Gnawdwell and Mors. The other clans keep squabbling among themselves and generally speaking are more interested in maintaining the status quo than in bringing about the great ascendancy like they're supposed to do.
>>
File: aos realms.jpg (88KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
aos realms.jpg
88KB, 600x449px
>>55252223
the whole thing about the end times not actually being the end times is pretty dumb. I feel like that should be the utter end of the franchise, not the shift into basically the exact same thing just simplier ect.

>>55259795
I think there were a lot of ways they could have freshened up the series without destroying everything and sending the setting into something out of a childrens chapter book.

IPs that really do have to provide something new every so often never had to destroy the whole fucking world in order to move the plot along.

I think maybe the empire could have been destroyed or something and humanity has to eek out an existence in the new world fighting the dark elves or alongside the border princes.

Maybe the end times could have pulled something like world of warcraft did and shake up the landmasses so that everthing is different. maybe the continents could have been pulled apart. Or maybe the factions could have migrated to a new world or something. (yea I know that sounds like the realms, but maybe they could have been more fleshed out like the old world was, or at least set up the land for further developement) the realms are a total cliche and I wouldve liked to see them turn into something more like what the old whfb was in terms of geography. I dont really have a sense of what these realms are like but if theyre anything like pic related thats just pathetic.

these realms are so abstract that they are totally unrelatable and uninteresting. they have no nuance at all. I dont think ive ever read a fantasy work
with such blunt straightforward uninspired lore. Why dont they just call it like "bad realm" or "death realm"...wait a minute.

Idk maybe there really is no saving an old story. But i feel like its transformation is just as tired if not more than what came before it.
>>
>>55259965
>There's the perry mounted men at arms that have this kind of vibe.
Tried them and they are to small

But those from the assault group could work!
Thanks anon.
Have you experience with Assault Group minis?
>>
>>55260236
Not with their renaissance range but their metal is kinda good.

For empire you can check out their fantasy range too.
>>
>>55260174
Yeah, maybe just have "End Times" refer to the weakened state of the post-SoC Old World. The Empire is too busy infighting to really focus on the threats of Chaos and Undead so while they're getting torn apart anybody with any sense is packing up and moving to the settled areas of the New World or taking their chances in the Border Princes.

You could have the Old World which is teetering on the edge of a post-apocalypse setting and the New World as this place of promise and wonder for the humans. If nothing else it would be a decent excuse to get some province specific bits for the Empire. You could even have the remaining non human factions in the Old World start using the Empire factions in proxy wars. Could be cool seeing Empire troops getting hand me down gear from Dwarfs, Elves, even Skaven.
>>
>>55259915
Morskittar as Clan Skyre actually attempts to improve the Skaven race. Sneek of Clan Eshin would be second and Clan Moulder as third. Most others are quite decent but dislike Nurglitch and especially Kritislik (likely why he got killed by the Horned Rat). I think Nurglitch is dead considering what happened to Clan Pestilens in the End Times.
>>
>>55257758
Baby steps, anon. Baby steps. Baby. Steps. Baby. Fuck.
>>
File: 1461616805245.png (4MB, 1928x916px) Image search: [Google]
1461616805245.png
4MB, 1928x916px
>>55260174
I feel similarly, and have ranted about it before - the idea of the End Times truly being the end of the setting (and story, if you're of that sort) fits very well with the fatalistic themes of the setting. It undercuts Ragnarok of everything continues on after, doesn't it?

But I could see someone convincing me that it should have been an eternal cycle, with the world ending only to begin anew and start the story all over again.
>>
>>55260755
IT'S
>>
>>55260403
It'd be neat to see Middenland make a serious big for power, given their parallels to real life Brandenburg, (Nordland is their Prussia)
>>
>>55260817
AWWWWWWRIIIIIGHT
>>
>>55248499
Hey guys. Im working on a Marius Leitdorf the Mad Count of Averland reskin for a Total War Warhammer mod, maybe eventually even a unique skill tree for him.

All I got is this pic to work off. Does anyone have a bigger version of it I can use? Even a scan of an old army book would be great.
>>
>>55261067
There are a few different versions of his model (and an alright looking cosplay) if you google image search him but I'm not seeing any more artwork.
>>
File: MariusLeitdorf.jpg (106KB, 482x694px) Image search: [Google]
MariusLeitdorf.jpg
106KB, 482x694px
>>55261067
Moderately bigger version of your pic here, but I'm gonna keep looking.

I usually go looking for art like this anyway, it's kinda fun.
>>
File: 003vE1eYgy6Zi8HUbgp15&690.jpg (69KB, 576x650px) Image search: [Google]
003vE1eYgy6Zi8HUbgp15&690.jpg
69KB, 576x650px
>>55261067
Also was able to find this, if it helps.
>>
>>55261286
>>55261221
>>55261160
This is perfect guys, thanks
>>
File: 939328.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
939328.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
>>55261374
Wait! You need the miniature!
>>
File: gw-99810202012_0.jpg (90KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99810202012_0.jpg
90KB, 920x950px
>>55261459
>>
>>55261286
This picture always made me think of Marius as having the old inbred Habsburg nose.
It'd make sense too.
>>
>>55261476
>>55261459
Thanks. Its going to be my first model mod, previously I only did maps. But I recently had so much fun playing an unlocked Averland with knights of Morr, of the Black Rose, and Golden Lions that I knew I had to flesh out the faction
>>
>>55261755
See if you can do something that gives all the elector counts a Runefang upon starting out. It'd be cool.
>>
File: 1497480053101.png (416KB, 571x923px) Image search: [Google]
1497480053101.png
416KB, 571x923px
>>55248499
We got a GM and 1-2 players, looking for some more autists to join our 2nd Ed WFRPG campaign, details up for voting and discussion.
>>
>>55260403
>Yeah, maybe just have "End Times" refer to the weakened state of the post-SoC Old World.

This is what I did in my WFRP game. Archaon dies in a mutual kill with Valten and realizes "End Times" is relative. The death blow to the Empire has been struck, but he won't be around to see it and his part has been played, so he goes into the darkness with the echoing laughter of thirsting gods in his ear.

For his part in trying to ride the tiger, Belacuck gets a warp lobotomy afterwards and never recovers, continuing existence as more or less a late stage Alzheimer's patient in daemon form.
>>
File: skaven last supper 2.jpg (1018KB, 2172x1000px) Image search: [Google]
skaven last supper 2.jpg
1018KB, 2172x1000px
>>55259915
Horned Rat, of course.
>>
>>55260174
>IPs that really do have to provide something new every so often never had to destroy the whole fucking world in order to move the plot along.
This is the biggest thing about AoS for me. You've got so many things about WHF that could still be fleshed out or built upon. I don't understand why you would just throw all of that out, especially when what came after is just high fantasy garbage with a few names from the old setting tacked on. Why start the whole thing from scratch if the best you can come up with is barely a step above that "generic fantasy world" map somebody made as a joke?
>>
>>55261853
When is this happening?
>>
>>55252223
Chaos's raid is stopped, but at enormous cost to the Empire, almost exclusively at the cost of the Northern provinces. The Southern provinces refusal to pay for reconstruction costs, tensions between the cults of Sigmar and Ulric explode into civil war for nearly 3 decades.

Severely depleted of male population and resources, this leads to Bretonnia gaining enormous influence over the Empire, especially the more Western provinces, although Marienburg maintains it's own independence through another bribe.
>>
>>55262229
Why isn't Bretonnia fucked over a little? I think it'd be fun if the Storm of Chaos strained the ideals of chivalry, if not breaking them entirely. Maybe enough knights died that they have to hire mercenaries just to help keep the peace.
>>
File: IMG_0952.jpg (38KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0952.jpg
38KB, 400x600px
Will Total War ever get Daemonslayers or Dragonslayers?
>>
>>55262686
Maybe as a hero unit that can be specialized to kill specific things realy well much like a minor Ungrim.
>>
>>55262686
Will Total War give Vampire Cunts even more things?
>>
>>55262755
Fingers crossed for Neferata!

Though I've a feeling she'll get added for Tomb Kings.
>>
File: demon[1].jpg (26KB, 280x262px) Image search: [Google]
demon[1].jpg
26KB, 280x262px
>>55262686
Is that head who I think it is?
>>
>>55262891
It very much looks like it.
>>
Supposedly, the next Total Warhammer 2 DLC will be Clan Skryre. Ikit Claw, Ratlings, Jezzails, and a Dwarf character
>>
>>55262666
Let a priest of Sigmar wrestles popular support away from the Lady of Lake, and invests it in a young absolute ruler the people dub The Sun Princess. She must pit her rising absolute power against that of her dwindling fuedal lords.
>>
>>55263226
What? Why? What's wrong with the Lady? Why is Sigmar getting involved with things if the Empire's obviously been fucked over?

I get wanting a not!Sun King, but you gotta think about these things.
>>
>>55263213
Given that the warpfire throwers use ratling gun animations (the assistant has a crank and the operator judders when he fires), I can well believe that.
>>
>>55263288
An Engineer LL?
>>
>>55263255
> Sigmar getting involved
He's not. It's a priest with very strong doubts about the ability of a questionable religious figure to rule a country in place of an absolute monarch. Turns out he's right when the Lady is a Wood Elf plant anyway.
>>
>>55262666
>Why isn't Bretonnia fucked over a little? I think it'd be fun if the Storm of Chaos strained the ideals of chivalry, if not breaking them entirely.

Just develop the Mallobaude storyline and have him out Bretonnia's 'horrible truth' before he dies laughing.

Just don't use 'the Lady is Lileath.'
>>
>>55263424
How about the Grail water is actually made from the semen of the little boys she fucks?
>>
>>55263424
What to use instead? I remember there being a fan theory before the End Times reveal that the Lady was some Lovecraftian mind-control monster or something like that.
>>
>>55263226
Retarded. There's no fucking way you're getting popular support away from the Lady, even the peasants love her thanks to the Damsels and Grail Knights.

Your Sigmarite priest is getting lynched or broken on a wheel and left for wild boar.
>>
>>55263424
Can I use "Sigmar has been fucking your Lady for centuries"?
>>
>>55263567
There's a seed (hue) of a good idea in that, if the children that disappear and don't come back are being sacrificed to power her up.

Even the nobility would balk at that, but it doesn't really fit with the behavior of her living saints at all.
>>
>>55252223
Similar to what we got. Chaos is beaten, Old World survives. Empire endures a civil war, Franz comes out on top. Duels Ironhide and beats him, roping him into the ultimate stompaquest uip north. Franz leads glorious crusade into the Chaos Wastes. Scalies are impressed by men putting their differences aside and pitch in, using Old One magic mumbo jumbo to seal off the Warp and drive Chaos off the world permanently.
>>
>>55263424
I think the lady being an elf goddess of some kind is fine, she should just have morphed over the ages to be a mixture of what the elves see her as and what the brets see her as. Keeping it as "lol get rused dumb humies" is the part thats bad.
>>
>>55263761
>she has intaken so much semen from Bretonnian little boys that it's affected her
>>
File: 1441766071488.png (247KB, 812x501px) Image search: [Google]
1441766071488.png
247KB, 812x501px
>>55263772
You're an amazing poster and are really adding a lot to this thread with your quality posts.
>>
File: 1416903842531.jpg (210KB, 1000x875px) Image search: [Google]
1416903842531.jpg
210KB, 1000x875px
Would it be possible for the Phoenix King and the Everqueen to conceive an Everchild after their year was up? Say if they got back together afterwards.
>>
File: Smug Drac.jpg (41KB, 324x394px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Drac.jpg
41KB, 324x394px
>>55262755
I hope so, mortal.
>>
File: IMG_1031.jpg (162KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1031.jpg
162KB, 1024x768px
>>55263978
Every new unit you get is another whip.
>>
File: this-priest-is-different.jpg (192KB, 1400x1094px) Image search: [Google]
this-priest-is-different.jpg
192KB, 1400x1094px
>>55263576
Maybe one of her followers can right a book about how despicable he was and how 3 saucy knights and a wannabe got the better of him in fiction.
>>
File: 1485996453238.jpg (732KB, 1000x1587px) Image search: [Google]
1485996453238.jpg
732KB, 1000x1587px
>>
File: DJCvpBrXgAAalJo.jpg (205KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DJCvpBrXgAAalJo.jpg
205KB, 849x1200px
Is anyone really fucking creeped out by the plague rodent's new design? It's fucking scary. I cant fathom why fur fags get hard at these guys.
>>
>>55264648
Those pustules on his arm are making me feel a tad ill, yes.
>>
>>55250007
I will purge this unholy abomination with my man man cock FOR THE SIGMAR GOD THING
>>
File: 20170906233438_1.jpg (495KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170906233438_1.jpg
495KB, 1920x1080px
So, I realised that mixed pike and shot units are generally possible with the correct mods and unit setups.
Any fun tactics you guys use in your campaigns lads?
>>
File: 1501198075565.jpg (416KB, 1506x947px) Image search: [Google]
1501198075565.jpg
416KB, 1506x947px
>>55262686
It would be great for the Dwarfs to get a good assassin hero, the Thane is the best they got and he is simply decent at it
>>
>>55265081
I think the engineer is the specialist assassin hero.
every faction has 1 specialist assassin, one growth guy and 1 unit recruitment guy
>>
>>55264648
Ew gross I can't wait to burn them alive.
>>
File: 20170907000213_1.jpg (778KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170907000213_1.jpg
778KB, 1920x1080px
Redpill me on taurus the brass bull
>>55264648
CA's animation team is pretty good
>>
>>55265322
If I remember right, he was a minotaur that fucking loved killing. Every day, every night, couldn't get enough of it. Eventually Khorne was so impressed he sent down a daemon to make the minotaur an offer. What it was, we don't know, because the Taurox did not give too shits and ate the daemon. Khorne was so pleased/pissed off at his ferocity that he burned Taurox's mouth and covered him in metal so he could fight forever.
>>
File: 20170907001549_1.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170907001549_1.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
>>55265397
and now Luthor Huss will bop him with his hammer.
Pretty cool bit of lore
>>
>>55264648
No. Clan Pestilens is sex
>>
File: 20170907001741_1.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170907001741_1.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
christ this guy's big
>>
File: 20170907001850_1.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170907001850_1.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw sigmar lets you smite a chaos monster.
This is really what warhammer is about
>>
>>55261749
Man, the royalty is disgusting, good thing the British empire is crumbling.
>>
>>55265464
Should've had Wulfhart take him down. Him and the other stuff from that mod are great for dealing with giants and stuff.
>>
>>55265840
Habsburgs were Austrian, mon.
>>
>>55266116
wulfhart is in a mod?
>>
>>55266313
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=923692815

's pretty sweet. Also there's another one that I've just found, which I think is the same as the one that >>55265322 is using.
>>
File: 20170907021612_1.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170907021612_1.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
>>55266431
yeah, its me in both referenced posts, lol.
I thought wulfheart was a legendary hero/lord
here, have some Warcraft:Orcs and Humans
>>
>>55264648
It's mostly clan Eshin, also CA is really knocking it out of the fucking park with their art team.

>>55264891
she's too busy being purged by grey seer cock tho
>>
File: mv9zobq3gwty.jpg (59KB, 722x722px) Image search: [Google]
mv9zobq3gwty.jpg
59KB, 722x722px
I started collecting a goblin army during the end times. Felt pretty cheated by the whole AoS/End Times crap though, and ended up shelving my army while it was halfway built. They've been rotting in my closet, all the way up until the last few days when I suddenly had an urge to build n' paint some gobbos.

Maybe I'll enter them into Armies on Parade this year. Modeled as beating up Stormcasts, and shitting in their faceplates, of course.
>>
>>55264648
No one likes Pestilens, not even the furries.
>>
>>55265081
"Excuse me, I'm trying to read, would ye mind gettin' out of me light?"
>>
>>55265456
For you.
>>
>>55266856
Please do that.
>>
Why is it illegal for Empire citizens to talk about Skaven? They seem like common knowledge for most other races.
>>
>>55267972
Because the Skaven live directly under Imperial cities in massive numbers. This information would cause a mass panic if word ever got out, Imperials rely on their walls for pretty much 99% of their psychological comfort.
>>
>>55267972
Peasents pay taxes pretty much based on "we protect you. Keep paying us or we can't protect you.". Then You find out "actually we can't protect you from shit. There is an apocalypse of warp infused crack addict monstrosities underneath you that we have no real way of rooting out and your just waiting to be on the menu, so.......we will be collecting that tithe now. Hope you can survive through the winter. Sigmar will be thinking of you.".

Peasents tend to not take that well. Also the rat men are sneaky. Most people don't know of them other then being a dwarf problem, or not at all (free, fast knowledge is not a thing, most people only care what's in front of them). So when one person sees a single skaven, they are called drunk or mad. They don't generally fight open battles in human lands like they do with dwarves, unless they wipe out an entire town and leave no trace. Which then is just usually blamed on chaos.
>>
>>55268499
Point of contention, Imperials are freemen. They're not serfs tithing to nobles.
>>
File: 1504365555824.jpg (673KB, 1934x3023px) Image search: [Google]
1504365555824.jpg
673KB, 1934x3023px
>>55267972
Because every settlement in the empire is knee-deep in skaven, the average citizen is better off not knowing
>>
File: 1504365732812.jpg (618KB, 1909x3028px) Image search: [Google]
1504365732812.jpg
618KB, 1909x3028px
>>55268639
>>
File: IMG_1046.jpg (30KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1046.jpg
30KB, 210x240px
There is no wall cult singing their praises of protection. People don't give a shit about the skaven being under a city because they don't actually do that much, and there are way worse things that can live down there or attack through there. Giant rat people are better than those goat fuckers, chaos cultists, goblins, or just plain monsters.
>>
File: 1504365812959.jpg (599KB, 1934x3038px) Image search: [Google]
1504365812959.jpg
599KB, 1934x3038px
>>55268645
>>
>>55268638
Well, can still pay taxes, but you get the point.
>>
>>55250229
My group plays the ninth age, and a bit of aos. Ninth is way better than 8 ed
>>
File: Luthor_Harkon_and_Drekla1.jpg (40KB, 356x319px) Image search: [Google]
Luthor_Harkon_and_Drekla1.jpg
40KB, 356x319px
>>55248499
So give me the run down on this dude, Luthor Harkon; Whats his deal? Whats he building up for? Who are his Lts and servants? Whats it like in the Vampire Coast?

Also, undead dinosaurs/lizardmen, yay no nay?
>>
>>55268763
If Chaos Warriors can be raised as undead, then I don't think it should be too impossible to do the same to Lizardmen. I just don't think we'll be seeing something like, say, Temple Grave-Guard or zombified Slann any time soon.
>>
>>55268917
Isn't that kind of what Kroak is, though? He was so magical in life that even his bones are capable of firing off the odd spell when they wheel them out.
>>
>>55269000
Sorry, forgot to clarify that I meant "Slann reanimated by Dhar/Necromancy", which Kroak obviously isn't.
>>
>>55269130
Yeah, but surely the corpse being reanimated wouldn't disrupt the magic that's since soaked into its very bones?
>>
>>55268650
>Giant rat people are better than those goat fuckers

Averlanders in sewers are a myth, Jochiem.
>>
File: ZombiePirates.pdf (4MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
ZombiePirates.pdf
4MB, 1x1px
>>55268763
>>
>>55268650
>there is no wall cult singing their praises of protection

No, but the Sigmarites focus a lot of their faith on the idea of defending the Empire, and even the Ulricans have part of their faith being about preparing for the coming winter. Both of those faiths would lose creditability if they couldn't protect their people from an everpresent threat underneath them, and the government and military as well.

And sure, there's worse things under the sewers, but how many people actually know that? The ratcatchers probably, but they don't get much respect. And 'a few monsters' or 'a small cult' would cause less panic than 'whole entire cities underneath our cities that our walls will not protect us from.' I think in some sense there's some willful ignorance, like how people today don't like to think about certain things even if it'd be important to counter them.
>>
>>55269630
Well part of it is how well documented are the skaven undercities? It would make more sense for people to think "don't go out at night and avoid sewer grates because rat-beastmen may snatch you from the sewers" rather than their being a vast conspiracy of willful ignorance regarding the empire being either blissfully unaware or illuminati tier cover ups where the skaven don't even have to bother covering their tracks because the authorities do it for them in the name of avoiding mass panic.

for the people in on the conspiracy, you'd think a major existential threat would warrant some action instead of just hoping the 10:1 skaven just never rise up and wipe out the city. But hey, at least the people never panicked, right?
>>
>>55249784
Which ones you looking for? And where'd you find a list of them, solegends.com doesn't have many for general Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>55269505
So wait, if Harkon has no Necromancers, but he himself is a magical void, how does he control so much territory?
>>
>>55268650
>There is no wall cult singing their praises of protection.

Going off of total war, there should be.
>>
>>55270207
all hail the walls protector of the empire and destroyer of chaos
>>
File: IMG_1045.jpg (15KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1045.jpg
15KB, 266x190px
We are going to build a wall, and the Greenskins are going to pay for it!
>>
>>55270523
Farming Greenskin rebels with walls is like half my economy on VH/Legendary.
>>
File: IMG_1051.jpg (191KB, 1158x1356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1051.jpg
191KB, 1158x1356px
>>55270523
Go home and be a family man. The man who doesn't spend time with his family is not a man. Be like Tomaru and breed your daughters.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mknieWm0P8
>>
>>55270856
I have to admit that looks so good.
I realy like all these mechanics that allow the elves to mess with other races.
>>
>>55269719
>for the people in on the conspiracy, you'd think a major existential threat would warrant some action instead of just hoping the 10:1 skaven just never rise up and wipe out the city. But hey, at least the people never panicked, right?

That sounds like a GREAT way to rouse the Skaven from their constant backstabbing into a unified front that wipes out the entire fucking city.

There's a reason the people in the know know to leave the Skaven alone.
>>
>>55269719
Give the skaven a real threat and they will unite ...and then they can do things like killing fucking Nagash.

Leave them alone and most of the time they kill themselves
>>
>>55271213
That's ridiculous. They wait until the skaven attack on their time table rather than dealing with it when they have the advantage? That may work for some black library writer who wants to wank about a terrible conspiracy of billions of skaven under altdorf who would overrun the world if only they could get their shit together, and Karl Franz is complicit because isn't that edgy, but that doesn't make it a sensible choice.
>>
>>55271715
Nagash didn't provoke the skaven. In fact, he was pretty much ignoring them once they more or less settled on who got how much warpstone out of the mountain. They waited until he was vulnerable and then jumped at the chance, which is exactly the type of thing that would happen in a major city if you just ignore the rat people living under your city.
>>
>>55271789
The Skaven timetable consists of it being backstab o'clock, with them occasionally getting shit done but never soon the way before they start backstabbing again. Skaven have existed beneath the Empires major cities for over 2500 fucking years without wiping any of them out despite the general populace being unaware of them. There is a reason for that, you drooling imbecile.
>>
>>55271836
Nagash provoked the Skaven by becoming too threatening to their continued existence.

You know, like would happen if a fearful populace forced Imperial armies down into the Underempire to die. Pointlessly, I might add.
>>
>>55272120
The funny thing is that they justify their constant backstabbing and general cruelty to each other as being good for the race because it rewards the strong and culls the weak and faint-hearted. You'd think that after doing it for a few thousand years they should notice that this is obviously not working and that they are still the joke race that wallow in their own filth and can't get anything done.
>>
File: Great Unclean One.jpg (2MB, 1391x1815px) Image search: [Google]
Great Unclean One.jpg
2MB, 1391x1815px
How should critical hits affect Daemons in WFRP? Since they just dissipate into Chaos when they die, should the Sudden Death rules apply?
>>
>>55272360
I do sudden death for odd things like that. Same with undead like skeletons and zombies.
>>
>>55272120
If the skaven aren't a threat, why all the secrecy?

>>55272155
How do you know when the skaven are going to perceive you as a threat? How do you know they aren't going to immediately slaughter the women and children while the men are manning the walls (praise them!) from that waaaagh? You know, like with the dwarfs?

The whole argument is ridiculously circular. The skaven are an existential threat that no one can talk about because everyone everyone will panic that they are on the verge of being wiped out, but nothing ever happens because the skaven are so busy backstabbing they don't have time to actually end the world, which would make them relatively non threatening, so why would anyone panic? Because the skaven are an existential threat.... and so on.

Come to think of it, if the mere knowledge of their existence is enough to trigger ratmageddon, why doesn't some enterprising skaven go up to the streets, announce himself to the world, and watch the whole thing collapse in the name of the horned rat?
>>
So Skarsnik had his biography published in the Empire right? I wonder what critics thought about it
>>
>>55271789
But the Empire doesn't have the advantage, the Skaven do. The only reason the Skaven haven't attacked is that a united Empire could fight them off, so it's a stalemate sort of scenario - neither can really risk openly attacking the other.
>>
>>55272360

I just have them dissipate back into chaos when they reach 0 wounds.
>>
any news on WFRP 4E?
>>
File: 1487350870656.jpg (37KB, 268x375px) Image search: [Google]
1487350870656.jpg
37KB, 268x375px
Why don't the Chaos Gods have more of a role in undeath?
>>
>>55275304
The runic powers are all about souls. Undead (even the sentient kind) lack souls.
>>
Does /tg/ prefer big hat chaos dwarfs...or more intimidating looking ones?
>>
>>55275304
Because chaos wants to corrupt, not destroy. No chaos god has any interest in death. Khorne wants blood but blood requires the living.
>>
File: Edo'oake.jpg (99KB, 533x799px) Image search: [Google]
Edo'oake.jpg
99KB, 533x799px
I used the random Daemon creation tables in the Tome of Corruption and made this. Say hello to Edo'oake, Lesser Daemon of Tzeentch. A great fiery maggot, he floats above the ground, his long, twisted, bladed legs trailing behind. Charred flakes drift down from his body, becoming a putrid slime before they hit the ground.

oc donut steel pls r8
>>
Picked up Vermintide recently and I'm enjoying it a bunch. Anybody just new to the game themselves and wanna play some time?
>>
>>55275423
A mix of both. It's not like all regular dwarves are all that intimidating and armored, and it's nice to see some differences and distinctions between groups.
>>
>>55275498
>Maggot
>Tzeentch
Try again
>>
>>55275423
Intimidating Ironsworn, but big hats for the normal ones and especially the sorcerers
>>
>>55276124
>what is a changeworm
>>
>>55276124
Hey man, that's what the random tables said.
>>
>>55276124
I'm sure he would love for you to think he serves Nurgle.
>>
are lizardmen hard to put together and paint? harder / easier than skitarii from 40K - if anyone can answer that, anyway.
>>
>>55273279
Really, the majority of skavendom is stupid and self serving. However, that's why they have the council of 13. The council knows: skaven feed on the work of the uper races. Human farms, human bodies, human settlements to raid. Sleek Sharpwit knew this and they touch on it in grey seer. Skaven have one gambit: wipe everything out in one fell swoop or risk being the carrion for the vultures when the battle is done. They need to make sure all sides exhaust their armies fighting eachother, and capitalize on it in true skaven fashion. Skaven want to be unknown until the last second. They don't meet head on (unless your queek), and want suprize on their side.
>>
File: v1dd75jlc4hz.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
v1dd75jlc4hz.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Who is everyone playing first in TWW? I have to go Lizardmen. Everyone else looks boring in comparison.
>>
>>55276496
I was thinking Lizardmen as well but the High Elves Campaign trailer made them realy tempting to me.
>>
File: IMG_0946.jpg (905KB, 2100x2338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0946.jpg
905KB, 2100x2338px
>>55248499
Soon
>>
>>55276595
What is this
>>
>>55276496
I'm probably not going to get it for a while, but when I do I'll probably go with Dark Elves. Out of all the factions in that sphere they're the ones I like the best, and it's a fun excuse to raid and explore all over the map instead of being stuck in the homeland like what so often happens in TWW1.
>>
>>55259567
Darwin's Game.
>>
>>55276625
Fan-list of a Chaos Dwarf army, mix of Forgeworld stuff, their last canon, and fandexes
>>
>>55276496
Skaven and ONLY Skaven

I will play nothing else but Skaven

Skaven are my life and soul

SKREEEEEE
>>
>>55275498
pat
>>
>>55277279
Warhammer Total War been doing really well with the armylists recently, but let's be honest, they'll be cutting about 20 percent of that.
>>
>>55277375
:3
>>
>>55276496
High elves
I will pretend to be noldor.
>>
Malus Darkblade FLC when?
>>
>>55277552
Probably in king and the warlord style dlc with the High Elves.
>>
>>55277552
According to a very reliable leak, the first DLC will be FOUR Legendary Lords, for each faction. I really don't want Cold Steel the Elf, I want my hag!
>>
>>55277576
Malus Darkblade is best edgy elf, shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>55277597
Speaking of dark elves, are they any good on the tabletop? Look like fun.
>>
>>55250007
>>55249812
who's the artist?
>>
>>55277710
Their models are cool and have that 80s airbrushed van A E S T H E T I C, who cares if they're good?

Even 8e didn't manage to fuck them up.
>>
>>55277404
That's what mods are for.
>>
>>55277814
I just want to know if cold one knights are playable. They look badass.
>>
>>55277905
From what I remember, they are.
>>
>>55277918
Looking at their army book now, seems like the best things in the codex are all mounted. Good thing the dark riders have great models.
>>
>>55273279
>If the skaven aren't a threat, why all the secrecy?

Because if they know you're aware of them en masse, you're a threat. And if you're a threat, they stop fighting each other to fight the threat.

See also: how the Dwarfs lost half their fucking kingdom.
>>
>>55277984
Most of their models are visually great, yeah, hell even the women don't look horrible by GW's normally atrocious standards.
>>
>>55278109
>See also: how the Dwarfs lost half their fucking kingdom.

Really that was a perfect storm of military exhaustion from defeating the Ulthuani empire, sudden attacks by unprecedented greenskin hordes, skaven cheeseratting in serious numbers, and the stupid fucking autism lizards moving the mountains 2 centimeters for no reason, thereby doing more to help Chaos than they ever prevented in their entire existence.

And the Doomstones I guess, if those are still canon.
>>
>>55278232
Seems like GW has gotten rid of quite a few models however. That's a shame. At least there are no small amount of decent 3rd party models for dark elves.
>>
>>55277404
My guess is theyll cut greenskin stuff, and the K'daai destroyer because they're the size of a Titan
>>
>>55278256
>skaven cheeseratting in serious numbers,

That's the entire point though, Skaven almost never do this if they think you don't know about them.
>>
>>55278662
I'd love to get your source on the skaven totally not about to jump on the dwarfs until they realized they knew what a skaven was.
>>
>>55278954
By that point the skaven and dwarfs had been engaging in low-intensity conflicts for a while.

The Skaven pounced because they smelled weakness.
>>
>>55278954
Source is the Dwarfs knowing about the Skaven from the beginning and constantly having to deal with underground attacks from chittering hordes vs. Most of the Empire not knowing about the Skaven and not losing not losing so much as a single fucking city to them, despite these cities being right on top of massive Skaven undercities.

Do I need to draw you a picture as well?
>>
How would you stat Brunner in WFRP 2, chaps?

And just what the hell happened to that fucking dragon summoning macguffin he nicked?
>>
>>55279012
Dunno, the skaven almost overthrew the Empire before. Mandred Ratslayer is in the company of Sigmar and Magnus for a reason.
>>
>>55279256
Actually, that's a really good example of what it takes to get attacked by the skaven: they engineered a massive plague (or it was natural, I think GW has gone back and forth on it) and then attacked the Empire while it was weak. The common man knowing about the skaven wouldn't have prevented either.

On the other hand, the rest of the time the Skaven are pretty easily manageable. Have a few sewerjacks to keep them managed and they'll bicker and backstab each other in peace.

Skaven, Chaos, and Greenskins all follow the same basic pattern: the thing that keeps them from conquering the world isn't the other races, it's each other. When they manage to set that aside (Skaven through fear, orcs and chaos through a badass leader uniting them) they're unstoppable. And when you try to take the fight to THEM, you lose. Always.

Trying to clear the badlands of greenskins? You lose.
Trying to invase the Chaos Wastes and close the portal? You lose.
Trying to invade the Under Empire and play exterminator? You lose.

Most of the good races have caught on by now and focus on defending their borders instead of going on futile and wasteful offensives.
>>
File: 1459230165031.jpg (351KB, 958x663px) Image search: [Google]
1459230165031.jpg
351KB, 958x663px
What are some fun ways to add flavor and twists to a Bretonnian tournament, beyond the usual jousts?
>>
>>55279569
Could do some horse racing or Dressage. Or peasant wrangling.
>>
>>55279569
The knight everyone thought was a woman because of how fair and beautiful they were is unhorsed, injured, and revealed to just be an exceptionally pretty man.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.