[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently heading to my flgs to begin my imperial guard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1504020314652.jpg (446KB, 1600x1355px) Image search: [Google]
1504020314652.jpg
446KB, 1600x1355px
I'm currently heading to my flgs to begin my imperial guard army. I haven't played since 4th, so I haven't kept up much with anything. What are the guard looking like right now? Also, I'm going to make a female commisar and maybe a small platoon of females as well. Ideas for conversion bits?
>>
First; don't. As someone who played in 3.5 and 4th, and tried coming back, the new system is absolute dogshit.

That being said, check out Raging heroes and Victoria miniatures. They both sell straight up female infantry at competitive prices with GW.
>>
File: 1501981372437.jpg (585KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1501981372437.jpg
585KB, 773x1000px
Dogshit how? I'm in the store now. Red shirt ia trying to get me to buy starter set. I said I was here for IG, and he goes into a whole song and dance about how chaos is WAAAY better dude totally get the starter set you to get awesome chaos (ohbythewaynewcodexbuythattoo) and the rules!

I wanna punch him in the halls. We're dudes always this pushy? I don't feel like they were but I was young and derpy then.
>>
>>55238168
It's bland, hordes of minis rule the meta so that GW can push more sales, it's literally 8th ed fantasy, except with even bigger, stupider centerpieces that can't even reliably clear conscript squads anymore.

It's literally an emptier, less fluffy system than Age of Sigmar.

Flamers and Blast templates are "d3/d6 hits"
Basilisks on average are getting 2 wounds a shot.

If you're getting back in, get with a recaster. Don't buy GW. DOn't listen to the shit they tell you. They're trying to push you into shit they don't want for selfish reasons. The staff at a GW rarely care about helping you.
>>
>>55237707
I've heard that the only way to play competitively these days is with a lot of tanks. so maybe go with steel legion? No one in my play group plays guard so I'm not sure.
>>
>>55238271
>Basilisks on average are getting 2 wounds a shot.
Confirmed for having never played 8th edition
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.