[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Alt ernity%3A_StarCraft_Edit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Alternity%3A_StarCraft_Edition

with Starcraft Remastered out I'm looking back at this old classic, would it be worthwhile to try and recreate content like new units and such from SC2 in this system or would it be better to just start over from the ground up or with another system?
>>
>>55233306
I'd look into a new system. Alternity is a fucking fossil
>>
>>55233306
I always thought it was kind of weird how Terran Ghosts didn't have any in-game abilities that involved using their psychic powers, even though they're supposed to be what Terrans do with all their psychics. I like that they gave each faction's "mage" units their own particular type of powers, but there's still some dissonance there.
>>
>>55236492
The idea is they AR empathy latent or under power limiters for their own safety and that of their handlers, technically speaking all their gear and tech is powered by their psionics
>>
>>55233306

You can if you want to, but I don't think it would be worth it.

The whole popularity of Broodwar is because it's a classic, static, unchanging system. If you want to add anything you might as well make a new RTS.
>>
>>55237777
OP is talking about the RPG system he had in the link
>>
File: terran-zerg-2-1371x970.jpg (156KB, 1371x970px) Image search: [Google]
terran-zerg-2-1371x970.jpg
156KB, 1371x970px
Add mecha zerg
>>
>>55239063
Butbwe already have mecha protoss
>>
>>55237661
Yeah, it makes sense for the Terran Confederacy to want to control psychics and put limits on their powers, but in-game they don't use them ~at all~ and instead use secret high-tech gadgets for all of their "spells". Again, it's a nice stylistic choice and a good way of making Terran magic units distinct from Protoss and Zerg magic, but it's still a rather dissonant choice given that Ghosts are supposed to have actual psychic powers that they never use. And I'm not very convinced by the idea that their equipment uses their psi powers, given that all of the things they do with it are things that Terran technology is capable of doing on its own.

On the other hand, if their powers ~didn't~ seem like technology then they'd clash with the Terran faction's theme, but it's still eyebrow-raising that ~this~ is how Terrans use their psionics. The backstory says it's kind of a big deal that Terrans have psychics at all, so why put them to so little use? And why do Ghosts even need to be psychic when all their abilities are of the "highly trained black ops spy with secret science gadgets" variety?

Personally, I'm fond of the idea that Terran psychics use their abilities in a computer-like way, such as hacking enemy units to disable them or infiltrating enemy minds or databases to steal information. Computer hacking is a concept that fits the Terran theme of being the relatable underdogs with relatively near-modern technology, while also being appropriately magic-like for a "wizard" unit that contrasts with Protoss space magic and the Zerg hive mind. It fits with the idea that psychics are conditioned by the government to limit their powers; given the strictly orderly nature in which computers operate, it's a good way to ensure that they only use their powers in specific, controllable ways, It would also explain why the Terrans use so few drones; if a Ghost could turn your own robots against you, you'd want your war machines to be piloted by actual human beings.
>>
>>55240721
That's generally how it works, along with their abilities to read others and react faster, now once you add in terrain and make a specter, some real spellcasting starts hsppening, and that is still thematic as the dangerous and high risk method of gaining power.
>>
>>55233306
>doing anything with sc2 content but throwing it in the trash
Sc2 is alot like your thread, utter shit that shouLD be forgotten
>>
>>55233306
I know this might be heresy but starfinder might be a good system to refluff as needed
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.