[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I like Spelljammer, but I can see the flaws in having a flying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: SJ.jpg (70KB, 591x764px) Image search: [Google]
SJ.jpg
70KB, 591x764px
So I like Spelljammer, but I can see the flaws in having a flying ship that goes god damn super stupid fast around a planet/space. But question. How does /tg/ Feel about it?
>>
>>55232746
I think Spelljammer is cool as fuck. For the sake of discussion, what are the flaws you mentioned?
>>
>>55232746
Aw man, I really want to run a Spelljammer campaign. Reading through that old book is confusing, though. The info is all over the place and the fantasy science kinda confuses me and the players as well.
Next to that, I keep thinking that space opera needs certain things to be a 'space opera' but I guess it's just stuff in space. If that's the case then I might as well come up with a naval campaign and make it in space.
>>
>>55235302
A space opera is more than "stuff in space". A space opera is a weird blend of noir/fantasy in space. It has a particular style to it. It's a niche as fuck genre, but it isn't THAT simplistic.
>>
D&D in space just never did it for me. I always thought it was the height of retarded.
2e is GOAT edition tho
>>
File: dragonstar2a.jpg (83KB, 254x334px) Image search: [Google]
dragonstar2a.jpg
83KB, 254x334px
How does it compare to Dragonstar?
>>
How do I effectively run this / Dragonstar in 5e?
>>
File: gypsie.png (1MB, 813x1076px) Image search: [Google]
gypsie.png
1MB, 813x1076px
What did TSR mean by this?
>>
>>55236342
That you can play a space gypsie as a human variant. What else could they mean by it?
>>
>>55232746
I think it's time to blow this scene, get everybody and stuff together
Okay, three, two, one, Spelljam
>>
>>55236592
Ba-dap, ba-dap, ba-dap, baa-daaa...
>>
>>55236342
That gypsies are a thing and if you're doing a game about traveling from port to port and experiencing weird things one of those things could be space gypsies.
>>
>>55236342
I like that they are upfront about them being gypsies.
>>
File: Dragonstar.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonstar.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
thread is as dead as the setting
>>
>>55232746
I remember back in the day thinking about getting Spelljammer to take a group from campaign setting to campaign setting... then Planescape came out and thinking with portals felt a lot more natural than thinking with boats.
>>
File: 1426813807932.jpg (251KB, 1000x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1426813807932.jpg
251KB, 1000x1138px
>>55232746
I integrate Spelljammer into my Planescape campaign, in that spelljammers are a common way to travel in the Planes. In the course of the game, the Harmonium and the Doomguard developed a joint fleet and used it to destroy a githyanki-yugoloth alliance in the Astral Plane that had begun attacking trade posts belonging to Sigil. Then came the civil war...
>>
>>55241173
Mixing Spelljammer and Planescape was how AD&D was meant to be played, Anon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.