[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How dangerous are injuries at the shoulder? For example,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: shoulder.jpg (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder.jpg
46KB, 800x600px
How dangerous are injuries at the shoulder? For example, to get hit by a axe
>>
>>55225005
Depends on how deep, what angle, and which shoulder. Check diagrams for artery placements, because there are some major arteries in the shoulders. I don't remember its name, but there's an artery deep in the left should that, if cut, will make you bleed out in less than a minute.
>>
>>55225005
This shitty articulation is so intricate it's a pain in the ass to heal, so it usually heals wrong.
If you survive the fight, your arm is probably permanently messed up at least regarding mobility.
>>
>>55225037
But adding to this. Generally, injuries to the shoulder aren't terribly serious. There's no vital organs there, so you only have to worry about bloodloss or infection. So long as major arteries are missed and the wound is cleaned/treated fairly quickly, shoulder injuries aren't that threatening.

However, there's a lot of muscle there. So if the wound doesn't heal right, it could impair motor function in that should and arm later on.
>>
>>55225005
Getting hit by an axe and getting it lodged into the bone is the kind of injury that you carry for life, basically depriving you of the functionality of the entire arm.

Most people don't realize how awfully fragile the human body is. Even with a shallow wound you won't be able to fight properly anymore.
>>
>>55225005
Even at the minor end, shoulder dislocation isn't the joke movies make it out to be.

In the movies: pops out, pops back in, you're a badass

IRL: Pops out. Every movement with it out feels like your arm is literally being ripped from your body (because it is!!). IF the arm isn't put back in quick enough (in an hour or so), the arm starts to heal stretched. This means for the rest of your life any decent hit on your shoulder or extension up (even stretching or yawning) could cause it to pop out again and you're back to square one
>>
>>55225005
I sprained my shoulder and it took a few days for me to able to use it to it's fullest again
I can't imagine what an axe wound would do to that shit
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.