[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you stand on the argument between generic one-size-fits-all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 62

File: femalearmor.jpg (325KB, 840x800px) Image search: [Google]
femalearmor.jpg
325KB, 840x800px
Where do you stand on the argument between generic one-size-fits-all armor and sex-specific armor? Are there really any outstanding advantages over one side or the other?
>>
>>55213298

Can I get the source for this mango please, OP?
>>
>>55213298
>Yet another chainmail bikini shitposting thread
What is this, 2004?
>>
As far as a nation's armed forces is concerned, the logistical burden of maintaining sex-specific equipment would probably steer them away from it.

Nobles, generals, knights, etc can get away with stuff as customized as their riches allow. Possibly trickling down to their attendants as well.
>>
File: Op's a faggot.jpg (98KB, 600x814px) Image search: [Google]
Op's a faggot.jpg
98KB, 600x814px
>>55213298
Everyone in my setting is a techosexual deathbot, so if one wants to wear a thong? So be it.
>>
File: 1454031872890.jpg (754KB, 1000x1307px) Image search: [Google]
1454031872890.jpg
754KB, 1000x1307px
>>55213298
>Where do you stand on the argument between generic one-size-fits-all armor and sex-specific armor?

Simple. Everyone wears revealing bikini-style 2-piece armor. Even the men. Especially the men. Because that's what the fashion of the time is, as well as the fact that you don't get noticed or promoted if you're so clearly afraid of getting hurt that you'd put on high-coverage armor.

Note that this is no less plausible than a half-hundred "fashion/courage before common sense" examples we can pull from real history. Since it's inside the bounds of normal human behavior, it passes the verisimilitude test by default.
>>
File: 1471383151822.jpg (183KB, 585x857px) Image search: [Google]
1471383151822.jpg
183KB, 585x857px
>>55213298
Why not both?
>>
>>55214448

Because that would be wrong.

And if the more protective gear existed, people would always wear it. Nobody would go into battle where they could die knowing that there's better protection available to them but they just don't have it, or that they choose to compromise their own protection. People aren't that stupid.

So if the more protective gear exists, it totally eliminates the skimpy armor since nobody would ever, in any circumstance, wear the skimpy armor. People aren't stupid. They aren't going to take chances with their lives over looking good.
>>
>>55214577
>People aren't that stupid.
I'm almost certain this statement is wrong.
>>
>>55214577
>Nobody would go into battle where they could die knowing that there's better protection available to them but they just don't have it
You don't realize how stupid and wrong this assumption is. Some times, you just can't afford or find the best protection. That's life.

Not saying people would go into battle in bikini armor, unless they're a Greek fuckboi or something.
>>
>>55214577
>>55214619
There are examples of shit like full plate with errections built into them and full plate "dresses", you massively underestimate how stupid people can be
>>
once it was invented, chain mail was pretty cheap to make, certain styles of mail didn't require skilled labor, and it was also easy to repair and the tools needed were very portable. Making a chain shirt took a long time and was very tedious, but it was something anyone with the tools could be easily taught to do.
>>
>>55214619
>You go to war with the body armor you have, not the body armor you want.

Based Rumsfeld
>>
>>55214619
>That's life.

Or very possibly death.
>>
>>55214666

That was his argument for sending frontline troops without any body armor.
>>
>>55214639
Most of that doesn't compromise your protection all that much, if at all.

>>55214655
Making the wire for mail was the tricky part.
>>
>>55213298
>falling victim to one of the classic blunders
>not posting any pics after the first post
Shameful display, OP
>>
>>55214706
>Most of that doesn't compromise your protection all that much, if at all.

What about the British aircrews who refused to wear parachutes when they were made available, because it was thought cowardly?

People make terribly non-optimal decisions in the name of social structures all the damn time. I fucking guarantee that if the Continental mens pant fashion in 1805 was assless chaps instead of trousers, French, Austrian, and Russian troops would have been marching to Austerlitz wearing fucking chaps.
>>
>>55214770
They die so much they quickly switch out of doing those things.
>>
>>55214706
>Making the wire for mail was the tricky part.
for sure, but it didn't take anywhere near as much metal as full plate either
>>
My only gripe is with heels.
I mean they make your ass look great but at waht cost?
>>
>>55214618
This, I mean, look at factory and construction workers and how often they tend to ignore protection gear because it mildly inconveniences them to put it on.

Most of the time it doesn't even hinder them in any way, they just choose to go without it just because.
>>
>>55214795

You'd think so. And yet people marched around in tight-packed formations and stood in front of guns at point-blank range for what? 150 years? From the early 1700s through the end of the American civil war? They didn't learn at all. They just kept doing it and getting huge swathes of people killed.

People are stupid, and you can justify anything, completely reasonably, by simply saying stuff like "this society likes doing things X way." If the thing was that bad, the society wouldn't be there in the first place to do the thing, so by definition the thing in question cannot be all that bad or injurious to survival.
>>
>>55214828
i'm with you on this
silly armour design is one thing, but actively making it harder to move around is something else
>>
File: 645634564356.jpg (58KB, 640x842px) Image search: [Google]
645634564356.jpg
58KB, 640x842px
>>55213298
In ages past there was a massive god war that left many divine entities either dead or severely weakened. However, the one god that shown victorious turned out to be the Elven god of libido, a ruseman who schemed and fucked his way to victory; so naturally the first thing he did was feel himself by making concepts like armor contra praecepta, as a joke. Anyone caught using lots of protective practical armor instantly explodes into a shower of blood, bone and gore becoming terrible wraiths. Sheathed in pink electricity and bits of metal armor, armies of these wraiths, called Shivers, serve the libido god and his faithful as bloodthirsty enforcers of his ire.

Dare you enter my magical realm of skimpy armor, banana hammocks and Babylonian-style sacred prostitutes?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>55214639
By erections, do you mean hilariously huge codpieces? Some even have faces on them.
>>
>>55214828
>My only gripe is with heels.
>I mean they make your ass look great but at waht cost?

Staying in your stirrups?
>>
>>55214882
>Stirrups
I mean...what about the times you can't ride a horse?
Ride naked into battle for all I care just choose sensible footwear.
>>
>>55214577
>Nobody would go into battle where they could die knowing that there's better protection available to them but they just don't have it, or that they choose to compromise their own protection. People aren't that stupid.
Modern body armor in the Middle East is left behind by soldiers sometimes for being too hot. Soldiers weigh the risk/reward balance of carrying a hot, heavy plate in front of them all the time versus the low chance that they'll actually wind up needing it, and some of them do make the call to leave the armor at home. Some of them even wind up regretting it.
>>
>>55214865
They did until they started taking more losses than they could bear in WW1.
>>
>>55214854
True fact, I fucking hate wearing gloves in a factory despite spending a chunk of my day with a spot welder. I'll take the sparks and burns and flecks of slag burning into my skin or drips of boiling hot water from the water cooling system so long as my hands aren't covered in sticky sweat and clinging fabric.
>>
>>55214891
>I mean...what about the times you can't ride a horse?

No idea. Ask the 200 years of IRL cavalrymen who wore 2"-3"heels to lock themselves better into the stirrups. Clearly they must have fought unmounted at some point in there, and clearly they didn't die automatically because they're in heels, so maybe...heels aren't THAT bad?

>stiletto stripper heels are different than chunk or wedge heels
>there's a HEMA guy I know who forces some new fighters to wear wedge heels if they refuse to shift their weight onto the balls of their feet; they fight in those and nobody gets hurt doing it.
>>
>>55214944
>Ask the 200 years of IRL cavalrymen who wore 2"-3"heels to lock themselves better into the stirrups.

I can't, because they're all DEAD

Checkmate, motherfucker.
>>
>>55214944
Anon, for the sake of the argument we're talking sexy heels not actual heels used by cavalry.

>>55214958
Ha.
>>
>>55214828
What if everyone in the setting is a descendant of living bimbo fucktoys genetically engineered by some ancient civilization, and as such their achilles tendons are naturally shortened, making high heels the most comfortable footwear?
>>
>>55214971
https://youtu.be/KBjhAqXg8MY?t=16s
>>
>>55214971
>What if everyone in the setting is a descendant of living bimbo fucktoys

[furious fapping intensifies]
>>
File: typical wizard.jpg (441KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
typical wizard.jpg
441KB, 1024x1024px
>>55214874
So for the record, the celestial law only covers protective practical armor, and not body-covering garb in general?
>>
>>55214907

So then one might expect a nation who has not been to full-scale war in some time to be more OK with fashion-driven uniform or armour, such as speculated on in >>55213647, right?

Historically, that seems to be somewhat accurate - as peace gets longer, the military tends to become more of a social club and less a warfighting body. Look at our British Navy between the end of the Napoleonic era and the start of Jackie Fischer's reforms. Even their uniforms got increasingly impractical and became more of fashion statements. Since women tend (when left allowed to do what they want) toward skimpier clothing as fashion statements, it makes sense that a nation with females in the ranks would move toward skimpier female armor as the nation remained at peace for longer and longer periods.
>>
File: armor chart.jpg (38KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
armor chart.jpg
38KB, 300x600px
>>55213298
>>55213647
>>
>>55214995
Sure, as long as they suffered from it appropriately.
>>
>>55215027
>Nation has grown prosperous enough in peace time that their reaction to suffering loses from their now impractical but fashionable armor isn't to replace it, but to start mass producing protective enchantments
>>
File: 1504499625883.jpg (1KB, 46x48px) Image search: [Google]
1504499625883.jpg
1KB, 46x48px
>>55215000
Do I care? - Chart
>>
File: Fixed Chart.png (115KB, 615x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed Chart.png
115KB, 615x730px
>>55215000

Fixed your chart.
>>
>>55213647
>this is no less plausible than a half-hundred "fashion/courage before common sense" examples we can pull from real history.
Show me examples from history of soldiers purposely wearing armour that doesn't protect their midsection.
>>
>>55215124

I thought of the "Conan is a power fantasy" bullshit immediately as well.
>>
File: 1502736889665.jpg (84KB, 480x665px) Image search: [Google]
1502736889665.jpg
84KB, 480x665px
>>55214987
Yes, you can wear cloths, just not armor that's worth a damn. But just in case, to be on his good side, most people choose to wear skimpy things.

Remember, the libido god divinely outlawed armor only to amuse himself. Legends say that he forbid armor specifically to prank the God of Complaints, a pudgy, pale, sullen deity of rationality that lost the God War but survived by becoming the libido god's powerless man-servant.

The libido god also cucked him, for the record.
>>
>>55215081
As long as you also include the impacts that having such high magic availability entails.
>>
>>55215145
Celts who fought in nothing but blue paint
>>
File: lgcover.9781459230576.jpg (77KB, 270x427px) Image search: [Google]
lgcover.9781459230576.jpg
77KB, 270x427px
>>55215151
Meanwhile, in reality...
>>
>>55214874
Is this the final boss of Kingdom Death: Monster?
>>
>>55215170
Blue woad has protective properties, infidel!
>>
>>55213298
Which one works for mass production of 30000 soldiers?
>>
>>55215170
Cause they were poorfags and also probably had African-tier beliefs about the protection of magical charms
>>
File: frank_frazetta_thedisagreement.jpg (471KB, 878x1200px) Image search: [Google]
frank_frazetta_thedisagreement.jpg
471KB, 878x1200px
>>55213647
>>55213298

There are two types of armor. There's regular armor, and there's armor bestow by the god Frah'Zeeta, who protects his followers so long as they are sufficiently METAL.

The scribes of Frah'Zeeta hold the records of ancient times and not only know all of Molly Hatchet's greatest hits, but are also frequently commissioned by the Merchant Lords for their artworks.
>>
>>55215145

What is "The Entire Military History of Sub-Saharan Africa", Alex?
>>
>>55215182
Also this
>>
>>55215124
> Denying her feminine expression

Yes, I'm sure the woman would choose to NOT wear armor a bunch of enemies want to stick her with swords.
>>
File: weararmour.jpg (172KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
weararmour.jpg
172KB, 600x768px
>>55215212
The prompt was
>Show me examples from history of soldiers purposely wearing armour that doesn't protect their midsection.
he didn't say RATIONAL examples
so Celts, Zulus, and Dakotas who believed magic would protect them is a correct response. Especially on /tg/, where the protective magic might actually work.
>>
>>55215124
You...

I like you.
>>
>>55215248

If you haven't been in the actual military, this "denying her expression" thing is actually a giant fucking problem, and it's hugely prevalent. You get women wearing non-reg earrings and shit all the damn time (which can turn into shrapnel), or making alterations to their fatigues to make them more flattering to their figure.

Basically, women don't WANT to look like men. So if it's hard to tell the difference (which it is in the the picture), then yeah, some women are going to get upset about it. They want to look like women, be clearly identifiable as women, be protected, and still maintain their status as an object of desire - which involved flaunting ass and tits. Yes, those things are mutually exclusive. They don't give a shit. They want all that anyway.
>>
>>55213298
>Where do you stand on the argument between generic one-size-fits-all armor and sex-specific armor?

I generally DM the following:
-Wearing a Strangers Armor of the same species you've just salvaged, stolen, or whatever will require some letting out or fixing up so it can be worn properly.
-Wearing the Armor of a different gender requires some small amount of fixing/letting out, also maybe some light customization in the even it has boob armor or a big ol' fucking cod piece.

-With a few exceptions*, you cannot comfortably wear armor made for a different species than yourself and to try and change it to fit you would basically destroy it in the process or change it entirely.
*A Centaur and a Human can wear the same breastplate/chest armor or helmet for example.

-Certain enchanted equipment can be specifically enchanted to fit ANY species and ANY gender/body type.
>>
File: infantrywoman.webm (2MB, 613x360px) Image search: [Google]
infantrywoman.webm
2MB, 613x360px
>>55215275
>that pic
They'd have a hard time catching the barbarian girl even in heels...
>>
>>55215145
Ducking Spartans would have members fight in only a cloak and helmet. Not all of them of course, but it was a psychological effect.
>>
>>55215313
Not that we're seeing any anytime soon, but you're not going to see female 311/11b's requesting tit shaped plate carriers.
>>
>>55215288

You're an ignorant idiot if you think that. Go look up the Mali, Benin, and Songhai Empires, or the Kingdom of Ghana, or Abyssinia from about 1300-1800.

All fully-realized civilizations, with well-developed militaries and certainly more than a bunch of "mud-slinging primitives". And they generally didn't do shit for personal armor, save for the upper chest (pecs and higher) and the head.
>>
>>55214865

Standing in tight-packed formations was done because it was necessary given the technology they had. Guns were horribly inaccurate, so doing anything other than standing in tight-packed formations and shooting at each other lead to no one ever getting anywhere, and in order to win wars you needed your big battles to be decisive. It was also done for command and control purposes, as it was difficult to control looser formations.

People throughout history have generally abandoned things that were outright stupid. WW1 is an example of this, as the old mindset of having huge formations which worked up until then fell apart in the face of advancing technology.

The reality is that a lot of reasonable minds put a lot of thought into how best to wage war in their respective eras, and huge formations of well-disciplined and drilled infantry armed with primitive rifles, putting out as much firepower as possible, remained an effective way to wage war throughout most of that period, because I t allowed for large armies of troops who were still reasonably effective. An amateur studies tactics, a professional studies logistics, and the structure of the armies throughout those periods reflect that.

I'm not saying people don't do stupid shit, but it tends not to be chronic.
>>
>>55215313
>mfw the male equivalent of this was basically getting low reg haircuts and getting haircuts as infrequently as possible
>still end up with shorter hair than 99% of civilians
>>
>>55215374

WRONG.

https://www.army.mil/article/146686/3_D_shape_database_improves_fit_of_clothing__equipment

They're making SAPI plates with concave tit recesses in them now. Basically, literal boob cups.
>>
>>55215350

It's fine, the glow belt will keep her safe. Never got why we couldn't use our slings during training humps.
>>
>>55215388
>Go look up the Mali, Benin, and Songhai Empires, or the Kingdom of Ghana, or Abyssinia from about 1300-1800.
>architecture is literally mud huts

wwwww
>>
If you really wanted cold hard realism you'd accept that female soldiers would make up such a tiny insignificant fraction of soldiers that it wouldn't really be an issue to begin with.
>>
honestly I am really tired of how women are depicted in fantasy media a lot.

>villainous women are always conventionally attractive and conniving even when they have no reason to be, for example shelob in that new lotr video game

>protagonist women are always weak willed and submissive

it is such a narrow range and very hard to see these characters as believable. Male characters often have these problems too, but usually not to the same extent.

Where are the female protagonists who sometimes get angry? Or the mostly good women who do something pointlessly cruel and then feel guilty about it? Or the women who obsess over things that aren't men (or explosions)?

Some weeks ago I was on public transit and some weeaboo woman pulled out her phone and started watching anime OPs while singing along to them - in public! Where are the cringeworthy women in media?
>>
File: ethiopian-empire-400x267.jpg (28KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
ethiopian-empire-400x267.jpg
28KB, 400x267px
>>55215427
>architecture is literally mud huts

>he doesn't know the difference between adobe and wood buildings that last for 400+ years, and primitive mud huts

>also, pic related
>a "mud hut" of the Ethiopean Empire
>>
>>55215491
>Where are the female protagonists who sometimes get angry?

Shepard.

>Or the mostly good women who do something pointlessly cruel and then feel guilty about it?

Every chick flick ever.

>Or the women who obsess over things that aren't men (or explosions)?

Any non-romance thing with a female protag.
>>
>>55215411
That's neat, but it sounds like a comp-sci major is conducting a study that will never get used because tax payers won't foot the bill. I'm also not seeing any mention of altering the ceramic plate's shape in that article.

Best I can find googling 'sapi plates women' is multi curve plates, which they even recommend for dudes for improved shouldering.
>>
>>55215503
>he has to pull examples from less than 1000 years ago of shit other civilizations have been doing BETTER 5000 years ago
>>
>>55215491
>Some weeks ago I was on public transit and some weeaboo woman pulled out her phone and started watching anime OPs while singing along to them - in public!
She was fully aware that men would find this adorable, not cringeworthy
>>
>>55215503
Could you post another example? I'm pretty sure this exact image is auto-posted as soon as the words "mud hut" are posted.
>>
File: thisthreadagain.jpg (61KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
thisthreadagain.jpg
61KB, 450x338px
>>
File: 1491006519610.png (105KB, 274x332px) Image search: [Google]
1491006519610.png
105KB, 274x332px
>>55215510
>Shepard.
wasn't shepard just a blank canvas that the player puts whatever they want onto? I know people had big issues with pic related from the later game

the boss from saints row was another blank canvas. While they made a pretty cool female protagonist, they were also a cool male protagonist; their sex wasn't actually part of their character
>>
>>55215546
do men actually find weebs singing in public, disturbing everyone else on the train, in broken japanese no less, to be cute?
>>
>>55215527

That was immaterial to his point, anon. You said that african empires were nothing more than mud huts. It doesn't matter that the africans got a late start, they still had trade contact with other places and armor would have been available to them had they wanted to use it. They chose not to, which fulfils the original issue back in >>55215145 where an anon who is utterly ignorant of history (who I presume must be you) thought that soldiers wouldn't protect their midsection if given the opportunity.

As another example, Napoleonic Cuirassiers were a thing. They were armor (breast & backplates) regularly, to protect against lance and sabre blows, since they were shock cavalry. Nobody else wore armor, though it was available. Not even the other cavalry, who could have let the horse bear the extra weight (so arguing that it was a weight-saving measure doesn't fly). That's yet another example of people choosing not to wear protection that, given the prevalence of hand to hand combat even then, would have been a clear improvement in battlefield survivability.
>>
>>55215598
Never underestimate the power of the thirst. Women are allowed extra cringe factor directly proportional to their physical beauty and multiplied by the number of desperate losers nearby.
>>
>>55215614
Brah that is a long word salad way of saying "Because fuck you that's why"
>>
>>55215598
If an attractive person does something stupid, it's "cute" or "quirky". They get away with all kinds of shit.
>>
File: ba424593efcdf111624986e933812568.jpg (603KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
ba424593efcdf111624986e933812568.jpg
603KB, 1024x766px
>>55215558

There's pic related here.

You could also look up the ruins of Kumbi Saleh, which was the capital of the Ghana Empire (9th-14th century).

There's also the town of Gedi in Kenya, which had an aquaduct and sewage system in the 1200s. The ruins are fairly well-photographed, so it shouldn't be too hard to look up.

Or you could just go down this list:
www.contramare.net/site/en/100-african-cities-destroyed-by-europeans-part-i/
www.contramare.net/site/en/100-african-cities-destroyed-by-europeans-part-ii/

Most of Africa is shit-tier now, because their civilizations got BTFO'd by Europeans. I don't blame the Euros for that - that's what more advanced civs DO to less-advanced civs. But to imply the Africans have *never* amounted to anything more than just some huts and mud-slinging savages shows an appalling level of ignorance, even for 4chan.

For one thing, technically, the Egyptians are an African civilization. So they'd qualify under anon's poorly-thought-out post about Africans being all mud slingers as well.
>>
One-size fits all is cheaper, sex-specific armor is more expensive. Personalized armors is more expensive still. Though its questionable how much more expensive personalized armor is when your local armor shop makes every piece personalized anyways.
>>
>>55215614
That's because Napoleon was short and had to compensate with flair.
>>
>>55215736
It's pretty startling how you can take identical mannerisms and acts and apply them to an attractive person and an ugly person and see the huge difference and how much more disgusting it is when the uggo does it.

Like that typical annoying so kawaii peace sign wink heart shape with fingers bullshit that anime garbage is filled with? Imagine some ugly fat chick doing it.
>>
>>55213298
Just a friendly reminder that Celtic and Scottish men and women used to go into full combat either nude or covered in woad (body paint)...
>>
>>55215814
>Like that typical annoying so kawaii peace sign wink heart shape with fingers bullshit that anime garbage is filled with? Imagine some ugly fat chick doing it.

Dunno, I always find it cringeworthy, even when attractive girls do it.
>>
>>55215798
Napoleon was above the average for French at the time at 5'7" so get your fucking facts straight, dumbass.
>>
>>55213298
Reminds me of that one webcomic about the female Cobra uniforms. Wish I could find it.
>>
File: ConceitedCartoonWomen.gif (2MB, 1920x1070px) Image search: [Google]
ConceitedCartoonWomen.gif
2MB, 1920x1070px
>>55215674
That's not word salad dipshit
>>
>>55215746
>If you go further up north and add these people here because technically then I'm right.

There aren't even straws here.
We all know you're full of shit anon.
>>
>>55215867
If you're disappointed you can eat my ass instead you pedantic fag.
>>
>>55215844
>getting this mad at an obvious joke post
>the term "Napoleon complex" is literally a thing

Seek help.
>>
>>55215746
That's a photograph of Karnak in Egypt my dude.
>>
>>55215746
>For one thing, technically, the Egyptians are an African civilization. So they'd qualify under anon's poorly-thought-out post about Africans being all mud slingers as well.

Sub-Saharan was literally YOUR FUCKING WORDS.
>>
File: Sand People in Greater Numbers.png (164KB, 954x927px) Image search: [Google]
Sand People in Greater Numbers.png
164KB, 954x927px
>>55215872

The fuck is wrong with you, you septuple nigger?

The conversation, in that you keep getting rekt and that very patient anon keeps trying to educate you, has been about sub-saharan african kingdoms. Sub-sahara is below the red line on the map. Anon has shown information from Ghana, Etheopia, Mali, and Kenya.

You know what's below the red line? Ghana, Etheopia, Mali, and Kenya.

>Mali straddles the line, but I get that his larger point is that Africans clearly had wars, had organized militaries, and chose not to wear full protection even thought they could have done so.
>>
>>55215931
>all the dudes near the top of the line are good though!

But what about the far south?
>>
>>55215979
Ever seen the movie Zulu?
>>
>>55215931

Whoa, mate. >>55215746 here. That's...that's not quite how it works. Mali's way further north into the Sahara now, for example - historically it was a very east-west kingdom overlapping what is now Senegal and IIRC Burkina-Faso. Using a modern map isn't the best idea to illustrate the point. Also, I've seen people define Sub-Saharan Africa all the way down so it starts at the north end of Angola, which changes the arguments immensely.

Keep it up if you want. It's 15 till midnight here and I have to be up for work at 0500, so I'm checking out of the fight.
>>
>>55215986
nigga movies ain't real man they hire actors and sheeit.
>>
File: 1470968274613.png (500KB, 602x568px) Image search: [Google]
1470968274613.png
500KB, 602x568px
>>55215427
>>
>>55215986

The people who lived in mud huts and got fucked by the British because all they could do was run forward with spears? They're barely people.
>>
>>55215491
>Where are the female protagonists who sometimes get angry?
Touhou
Or the mostly good women who do something pointlessly cruel and then feel guilty about it?
Touhou
Or the women who obsess over things that aren't men (or explosions)?
Touhou
>>
>>55216007

STONE huts! Now that's swanky!

>Yucatan

Nigga wtf that isn't even the right continent
>>
>>55215837
They're not doing it for you
>>
>>55216033
>the only setting that can have these things is the one that only contains females
>yes, even Rinnosuke
>>
>>55216035
>Pyramids are just "stone huts"
>>
>>55213298
In situations where equipment is state issued - which is a fairly late game innovation - they would probably keep regiments gender locked for this logistical reason.
>>
>>55216050
>Egypt is sub-sahara

There you go again. If you're going to be the one to introduce a phrase to the discussion, you should probably know what it means first.
>>
>>55216071
I think he means that stack of stones they put near the mud huts.
>>
>>55216048
>forgetting cloudbro
That wasn't part of the original question.

Regardless, I just find it funny that one of the series that produces the most porn every comiket actually passes basically every single "feminism test" etc.
IMHO it's probably because none of the female characters are created to specifically be female. You end up with something far better when you don't pander.
>>
>>55216093
Nah, that just proves men are better than women. See the movie Sicario: it was designed for a male lead then they just replaced it with a woman.
>>
>>55216117
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g9_wfkYjfo
>>
>>55216071
>Egypt is the only place with pyramids
Bitch I was clearly talking about the pic, and that was my first post in the thread, I have no horse on the sub-sahara argument, but calling pyramids "stone huts" is dumb
>>
File: 1491235337778.jpg (175KB, 938x844px) Image search: [Google]
1491235337778.jpg
175KB, 938x844px
I smell culture-appropiating /pol/-germanics in this thread
>>
>>55215182
>>55215247
The covers don't reflect the content, Anons. That's been an issue for decades.
>>
>>55215558
>>55215503
This is super wierd, because pretty much every culture with access to adobe use it to build stuff. The Egyptians, the Mesopotamians, the Chinese... heck, wattle and daub-constructions is basically global.
>>
>Egyptians didn't use armor because culture
>>
>>55215000
>>55215087
>μo
I don't get it.

>>55215124
The only argument I can give is that #NotAllFeminists hold all three opinions simultaneously and that there is a schism about whether or not sexy is "empowering" or "problematic". Unfortunately I am not so sure about how low that number is (or if it's low at all), but hopefully the ones that complain about everything are just a vocal minority a very loud, noisy, attention-consuming but very tiny and distanced-from, vocal minority.

>>55216117
Men and women are never going to be better than the other unless one of them somehow finds a way to proliferate without the other.
>>
>>55216362

Different sides of the same coin.
>>
>>55214987
source?
>>
>>55215124
I'm not the intended audience, but well-groomed guys with sweaty abs are hot. And there is nothing power-fantastic about having exposed bellybutton that begs to be poked and tickled.
>>
>>55215388
The only of those than made something cool are the Abyssinians, Benis and Mali are meme empires, and the songhay were defeated be cows.
>>
>>55216861
That's why they used Steppe nomads and caucasians as Slave soldiers,than had a culture of heavy horses (specially Iranians or Armenians) and armor than later backfired and usurped the power. Even Saladin was a Kurd.
>>
>>55214577
>Nobody would go into battle where they could die knowing that there's better protection available to them but they just don't have it, or that they choose to compromise their own protection. People aren't that stupid.
Laughing_commanders.jpg
You peasants don't need to worry about body armour as long as I can have you look good on parade and I also save a ton of money on equipment costs!
>>
>>55216071
Egypt is pretty much smack dap middle in the sahara.
>>
>>55218955
>Even Saladin was a Kurd
Saladin was an Arab. He was born in Tikrit into the arabian governing family.
>>
File: MagrittePipe.jpg (34KB, 378x264px) Image search: [Google]
MagrittePipe.jpg
34KB, 378x264px
>>55217575
Anon, one is the cover of a novel that has nothing do do with the content, that is in fact exclusively meant to mark it as belonging to a specific genre.

The other is an actual image from inside the book, showing company standards for the depiction of human bodies.

Claiming that they belong to the same category is anti-smoking campaigns banning René Magritte art-tier reality warping.
>>
>>55218956
Capitalism Ho!
>>
>>55213298
Several sizes of armor. If the enemy was the PCs' race and build, his armor will fit, if not - according to common sense.
>>
>>55219775
If I got Taken by the T-Rex off amazon and there was no T-Rex fucking in it I would get a refund
>>
>>55215350
This is painful to watch. Credit to her, she's not half-assing it.
>>
>>55213298
Female soldiers are a stupid concept, even in modern times. Their bodies are not well evolved for battles and the cost to keep such under-performing soldiers equipped is way to high. Not even speaking about rape and pregnancy...
>>
>>55215374
There is already a female IOTV that provides extra room for breasts
>>
>>55213298
Adventurer armour is custom-made to fit; mass production was not invented until the industrial revolution.

Not poor enough to buy your own armour? You get what you're given or can steal off the dead.
>>
File: Is it sexist.jpg (38KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
Is it sexist.jpg
38KB, 300x600px
>>55215000
>>55215124
>>
File: 1427316558095.jpg (49KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1427316558095.jpg
49KB, 720x480px
>140 posts
>still no source for OP's image
>>
>>55220687
Jesus doesn't want you to masturbate anon.
>>
>>55215368
No
>>
>>55215350
>implying plate armor is heavy
>posting that with no context
>ignoring the fact that dozens of males have done the exact same thing at the end of a march
>>
>>55215491
>villainous women are always conventionally attractive and conniving even when they have no reason to be, for example shelob in that new lotr video game
>for example shelob in that new lotr video game
> for example shelob
>shelob

Wut? How? WHY?
>>
>>55215491
>Where are the female protagonists who sometimes get angry? Or the mostly good women who do something pointlessly cruel and then feel guilty about it? Or the women who obsess over things that aren't men (or explosions)? Where are the cringeworthy women in media?
JK Rowling, Garth Nix, Neil Gaiman, Tamora Pierce. They all have female characters that go through all of those things.
>>
>>55213298
>These matters (uniform/armor) were also decided as policies of the state!!

Letting/having the masses or politicians decide your uniform and/or armor is a bad idea.

This reminds me of when the decision to build HMS Captain was done as a concession to public pressure because the designer has good marketing. She sank and killed a lot of sailors because the design wasn't very seaworthy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Captain_(1869)
>>
>>55216344
You are posting /pol/ memes that aren't on topic to the thread while complaining about the level of /pol/ flavored bait posting in this thread.
>>
>>55213298
female armor should be high-cut
>>
>>55219775

Quality in art usually means different things for different people. However, never different enough to put two of them outside of one same genre.

Get over yourself.
>>
>>55221347
>if you mention all the /pol/tards infesting /tg/, that makes you worse than them

Not that anon but I think a lot of people on /tg/ are sick of /pol/tards constantly shitposting on this board.
>>
>>55221556
all of 4chan deserves nothing less than to be overrun by /pol/acks since we gave them their own safe place.
>>
>>55221607
Go back to whatever LARP forum you came from Antifa.
>>
>>55221641
>anyone I don't like is Antifa out to get me

Don't you ever get tired of pretending to be persecuted?
>>
>>55221702
gb2Cali
>>
>>55221716
¿por qué?
>>
File: 1478032426324.jpg (186KB, 534x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1478032426324.jpg
186KB, 534x1236px
>>55221762
>>
>>55214577
>Nobody would go into battle where they could die knowing that there's better protection available to them
Lloyd, Schola Gladiator and Metatron is laughing at you. Quite hard, might i add.

>>55221209
Buying armor in bulk isn't bad. Its only bad when its half assed, which is 90% of the time.
>>
>>55221972
I wasn't talking about buying armor in bulk. I was saying letting popular pressure or a politician decide what armor the state invests in instead of having experts whose job it is to figure out what is good and doable or closest to good and also doable decide.
>>
>>55215000

The problem is if you had the hetero-female-gaze version of men, it would be softguys, and then you'd still have the bodacious amazon babes from the hetero-male-gaze, so it would just be someone's hobbit x amazon fetish material at that point.

And, due to certain tribal cultural warfare or whatever, a lot of people don't want a unified aesthetic of the more hetero-female-gaze inspired art style of softguys and curvy ladies with short hair, because Tumblr or something.

So how about go in the the other direction and do the power fantasy thing for both? Have the Conan male power fantasy and then find whatever the female power fantasy image is.
>>
>>55223385
The female power fantasy is also an outrageously beautiful woman. She's just usually slightly, only slightly, more clothed.
>>
>>55223385
How about just not caring what crazy godless sluts think, thought about that?
>>
>>55223385
>find whatever the female power fantasy image is.

Doesn't exist.

Likewise, the hetero-female-gaze thing doesn't exist either, due to the wildly varying tastes women have. You put a fit, hourglass-shaped woman up there, and you get ~90% of men on board (they may have personal preferences to flat chest, or bigger ass or whatever, but pretty much all men will appreciate and male-gaze the shit out of an hourglass'd woman).

Meanwhile, if you do a bear-type, you get ~15% of women. You do an otter-type, you get 20% of women. You get a full-on He-man-style "triangle" man, you get ~30% of women. You do the lean elongated distance-runner type, you get 15% of women. And so on. There just *isn't* an equivalent "all women get wet for this male body type" the way that basically all men get hard for a certain female body type.

There's no way to win this argument. Literally every possible combination of attractive men/women and scantily-clad men/women can, has, and will be called sexist by a not-insignificant portion of SJWs.

Draw or portray what turns YOU on, and tell other people to go fuck themselves if they don't like it. Even if you're a mass market media producer. ESPECIALLY if you're a mass market media producer.
>>
>>55223591
>Draw or portray what turns YOU on, and tell other people to go fuck themselves if they don't like it.

That's sexist. Men control all the industries, so we'll only get male gaze stuff.
>>
File: 1337914236933.jpg (527KB, 879x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1337914236933.jpg
527KB, 879x1200px
>>55215145
>Show me examples from history of soldiers purposely wearing armour that doesn't protect their midsection.
>>
>>55223591
>Likewise, the hetero-female-gaze thing doesn't exist either, due to the wildly varying tastes women have.
Well, show her an older, financially successful man with a tamed wild ad dangerous side and women will sploosh.
>>
>>55213298
When playing pretend, it can be anything you want
>>
File: yucatan.gif (19KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
yucatan.gif
19KB, 514x514px
>>55216035
>Nigga wtf that isn't even the right continent

u wot, the city in the image is the Maya city state of Tikal, which is in the Yucatana peninsula in central America
>>
>>55213298
>here do you stand on the argument between generic one-size-fits-all armor and sex-specific armor?
i mean you can tailor armour for someone, so people can wear what ever they fucking want dude and our autism doesn't matter
>>
File: gulag.png (112KB, 296x255px) Image search: [Google]
gulag.png
112KB, 296x255px
>>55221607
you are a retard in a thread filled with autistic.
and there is so many things wrong with that that I'm pretty sure you are actually a /pol/tard trying to bait
>>
>>55216007
>behold, a culture evolved in an incredibly fertile land where it is nigh impossible to die from starvation with a climate that allows for multiple harvests in one year thus allowing for acquisition of surplus resources that is able to use them on development of religious sites and great artworks since these craftsmen can earn living by virtue of their skill alone
>versus a hunter gatherer culture from a region with actual seasonal changes with only a single harvest per year that still spends most of its resources on survival just settling down, each member of the society is required to do his part in acquiring said resources or face starvation and death
Really activates my almonds
>>
>>55226266
I'm guessing English is not your native language?
>>
File: 1414711677937.png (365KB, 500x1580px) Image search: [Google]
1414711677937.png
365KB, 500x1580px
>>55215000
>>55215124
>>55220667
Meanwhile, on the other side of the internet...
>>
>>55220842
Hell, Robert E. Howard has that if SJWs would get over their screeching about chain mail bikinis.
>>
>>55215350
>Reaching limit of her physical abilities
>Tries to keep going
I'm fine with that but the military still is the wrong place for her.
>>
>>55220833
Wasn't shelob that giant man-eating spider that somehow mutated from a canibalisc elvish woman ?
>>
>>55215578
You know, what if, just by some crazy idea, the sex of the character isn't actually the most important part about him/her ?
>>
>wahhhh sexist sexism misogynist
Shut the fuck up already. No one actually cares about this left-wing bullshit. Fantasy sexy armor is sexy and we like it for its sex appeal.
>>
>>55214882
>cavalry without serious padding for the groin and thighs
Jesus, my legs hurt just thinking about it.
>>
File: Shelob.jpg (27KB, 700x332px) Image search: [Google]
Shelob.jpg
27KB, 700x332px
>>55220833
>>55226851
Pic related
>>
>>55226704
You think you're making a joke, but you're not. This is an anti-joke: the supposed "joke" is less funny and more logical than the reality. The reality in which Sarkeesian literally said "everything is sexist, everything is racist, and you have to point that out".
>>
>>55213343
Ikebukuro DPC's Grassen's War

It's a rape hentai
>>
>>55224646
>Men control all the industries,

This is the real problem. Men shouldn't be allowed to dominate industries like that.

Shit, since we're talking about the movie business, there's an easy way to tell exactly how sexist hollywood is. Go GIS "actor" and see how many pictures you have to scroll through to see one woman. It's complete bullshit and it shouldn't be allowed to continue.
>>
>>55227251
I dunno why anyone likes this extremist, thieving bitch.

.t social Leftist
>>
>>55227260

Found the Feminazi.
>>
>>55215124
wow. What a fucking 10/10 nailed it
>>
>>55227251
>everything is sexist, everything is racist, and you have to stop giving a shit

I thought this was obvious?
>>
File: 936.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>55227260
>Go GIS "actor" and see how many pictures you have to scroll through to see one woman

I'm not even giving you the stasisfaction of answering that, since i know that you are just a troll and stole this line of text from some image, which you and I both saw.
>>
>>55227260
>suffixes are bad
Hooo boy here we go. There are some cases where the English language was twisted to cause the neuter pronoun to become the male pronoun, but in others, that's not the case.

>Act
Base word.
>Act + or
Male suffix.
>Actress
Female suffix

Are you now going to tell Spanish and other languages with gendered words to change that shit because it's 'sexist'? Fuck off. Fight important battles, not ones that make you seem like a retard all while also being unwinnable.
>>
>>55227260
There are plenty of women in the industry anon, they just don't have the ambition to vie for high level positions like men do.

I mean, when you know that you can fuck anyone you want and receive 50% of a man's total earnings from a divorce, there really isn't a strong incentive for women to strive for financial independence.

Besides, when women do strive for financial independence, you end up with places like Japan, where the birth rates are so low and suicide rates are so high that Japanese corporations have to actively FORCE people not to take 18 hour shifts per day just to keep the grorious nippon heritage from dying out.
>>
>>55227475
>>
>>55227536
If you were a woman and you knew that you could trap a dude and take half his shit at no cost, why would you go out of your way to become financially independent, especially when social programs such as welfare exist?

Sure, you could spout some diatribe about ethics or whatever, but you'd be the exception, not the rule, and your personal motives will do nothing to dissuade the hundreds of thousands of women who DO take advantage of this to stop their ways and work towards becoming executives in high level corporations.

It should also go without saying, but women don't become qualified for high level positions based solely upon the equipment between their legs, which is why most companies with female CEO's end up failing (see: Cartoon Network).

But I get it, I'm saying mean words which hurt your fee-fees so I guess that means that everything I've said is bait, even though it's about as factual as the fact that water is wet.
>>
File: 1503754679824.jpg (126KB, 465x523px) Image search: [Google]
1503754679824.jpg
126KB, 465x523px
>>55227628
Keep going anon
>>
File: 1503671865838.gif (127KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1503671865838.gif
127KB, 400x400px
>>55227428
>Official documents in France no longer use "mademoiselle" because it's sexist
>>
>>55227702
Dammit France. Dammit Europe. Gutting of the Romance Languages when? Fucking pathetic.

Sometimes I feel like the only social lib that actually gets mad about retard morality overshadowing real morality.
>>
>>55227725
Fuck you man, most of us have free healthcare and people with issues can get help and afford it.
It's the yankees with ther fucking feelings politics and their army of raving mentally ill with internet access.
>>
>>55227766
The internet in general has inflated and even generated a lot of issues that shouldn't really be a problem.

If you must blame anyone, blame the Brits. They made four major penal colonies and just gave them free reign after losing control.
>>
>>55227725
>Gutting of the Romance Languages when?
As is to be expected, in countries with clearly gendered languages the feminist culture war takes on linguistic sides. Some feminists in France even believe that using the masculine plural for a group of both feminine and masculine things is sexist, and that instead the gender of the closest noun should be used.

For example, let's take the sentence "les garcons et les filles, ils marchent sur la route" [the boys and the girls, they're walking on the road]. "Ils" is masculine because we're talking about multiple nouns of multiple genders so the verb defaults to masculine. In the aforementioned sentence, some French feminists think we should use "Elles" instead because the closest verb to the noun is feminine. Because that's totally intuitive and not an utterly convoluted grammatical rule at all. And let's not forget that these feminists are utterly missing the point: linguistic gender =/= biological gender. The phrase "J'ai parlé avec sa majesté, elle à ordonnée" literally can refer to a male majesty, even though it uses the feminine pronoun "elle". Because the fact that majesté is a feminine noun does not prohibit it from referring to a man. Hell, PERSON (personne) is feminine in French.

Fucking hell feminists poison everything.
>>
>>55227725
French was already gutted, Anon. And the carcass stuffed with hay and twigs. It's called English.
>>
>>55227251
>>55227285
You're talking about someone who stopped being relevant 2 years ago.

>>55227766
America is a country of internalized hatred, and it runs on it because drama and controversy benefits those who want to keep the status quo.
>>
>>55227950
I'm talking about someone deemed important enough to adress the UN. It's not some isolated tumblrina on her blog.
>>
>>55227959
>UN
>>
>>55216043
For who then?
>>
>>55226506
The maya and aztecs started as mountain folk.

So they had to be relatively smart to build up up there.

They then spread out and conquered low-land tribes.
>>
File: 10039826876442.jpg (102KB, 599x751px) Image search: [Google]
10039826876442.jpg
102KB, 599x751px
>>55227959
And she would've been a nobody had /v/ just collectively ignored her.
Contrary to what many media outlets are pushing, feminism is not very popular, and I believe that at least some of it has to do with how insufferable the most frequently heard ones are. It turns out that appealing to radical feminists is financial wrist-cutting that only pleases people that are ultimately lazy and unsupportive, and sooner-or-later enough people will realize this. Hopefully this stupid meme will be replaced by a more amicable and level-headed feminist wave.

I am going off-topic, so I'm just going to spoiler this. I would rather not get replies about the above but instead the below.

To talk about something more relevant, I do know that armor fell out of favor when gunpowder became more popular since the armor can't do much to absorb the bullet's impact, but the muskets had slow reload. Armor is usually relatively heavy as well, and full-plate knight armor was a pain in the ass to put on and required another person such as a squire to help put on. Make sure you use the bathroom before you put it on.
>>
>>55227766
You completely misread my post, fuckwit. I was condemning the linguistic fuckery. Calm your Eurotits.
>>
>>55228617
>I do know that armor fell out of favor when gunpowder became more popular
Patently false; breastplate was huge well through pike and shot, and into the 17th and even 18th century with some officers continuing to wear it, and it continuing to work. In fact, smiths would shoot their creations once to 'prove' they were bullet-proof. Easy to fake, I know, but it was a thing.
>>
>>55227210
>>55226851

This isn't quite as weird as it sounds. Shelob's a half-spirit and in LOTR that often means shapeshifter, like with werewolves, werebears, ect. Turning her into a femme fatal is a sort of interesting twist, and plays with the idea that perspective matters a lot. Mostly all we know her for is praying on orcs and the occasional hobbit, situations where she'd hardly bother taking on another form.
>>
>>55229074
The height of plate armor was well after guns came around, with armor reaching it's peak around the 16th century.

Better powder and guns did help lead to the decline of armor, but by the time you had knights in shining white armor they might also have a pistol or two.
>>
>>55213298
>non-magical armor needs to be fitted to the wearer for it to give full benefits, which any competent adventurer can pay for/perform themselves when they return to civilization
>magical armor resizes to the wearer as they attempt to don it, within reason compared to the original measurements ain't no pixie boots going onto a orc's foot anytime soon, and a giant's tunic isn't going to fit a halfling
Give me a good argument as to why that isn't the best option.
>>
>>55229178
That's uh.. basically what I said? So... yeah, I guess we agree?
>>
>>55229214
Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with you. I know that's strange on 4chan.
>>
File: 1504316094675.png (322KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504316094675.png
322KB, 800x800px
>>55229178
Knights with guns are cool as hell.
>>
>>55229140
>>55227210
>an evil spirit who is a descendant of Ungoliant, who consumed the light of the Two Trees
>"not actually that bad"
Fucking hell, I'd rather they put in a sympathetic Southron waifu instead of this.
read the Silmarillion, game devs
>>
>>55229576
man I was just thinking about that game earlier today
>>
>>55230057
Were you thinking about someone falling into a vat of acid while you wear their moron face as a party mask?
>>
>>55215225
Underrated post.
>>
>>55214824
Making iron wire is a whole different skill set than shaping steel plate. It's also more labor intensive and much slower.
>>
>>55227260
They dominate because they are the only ones interested, which leads to more male interest, which furthers the domination, etc etc.
>>
>>55227876
what are you on about
>>
>>55228617
>And she would've been a nobody had /v/ just collectively ignored her.
isn't that a meme
always thought they engineered their own annoyances for fake controversy.
then again it's v
>>
>>55227260
>This is the real problem. Men shouldn't be allowed to dominate industries like that.
why not?
why is it a problem that people come to organize themselves in whatever associations they want.
it reminds me of /pol/ types who are like
>dah joos 2% pop but they in so many media/powerful fields
>dis shouldn't happen it must be collusion and a Jewish conspiracy
I disliked people look at something that formed naturally and likely out of personal interest and go this doesn't conform to my world view and thus in a free society i must bend it's population to my whim.
life doesn't work that way
>>
>>55231102
He's on about how fuckstupidly retarded it is to get bent out of shape over 'gendered' words when there are entire languages that are gendered and it doesn't fucking matter. If you're being treated like a person and an equal, then you won. You got the prize. That's what all anyone deserves. You don't get to dismantle entire languages because you don't like that men and women share the same suffixes or that some words are 'male' and some are 'female' in terms of organizing grammatical and linguistic structures. You're fighting the wrong fight at that point.
>>
>>55231248
sort of like how people get uppity about Hu-man, humanity, or mankind?
it's like when i here HIS-story activates my language autism
>>
File: newmodelarmy1.jpg (186KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
newmodelarmy1.jpg
186KB, 760x596px
Anyone important to the narrative is probably keeping their helmet off anyway.
>>
>>55231208
Because once they do organize in such a way they can and often do keep others from doing the same within their field, causing a stagnating and nepotistic effect on the industry. Should being the first ones through a door give people the right to close it behind them?
>>
>>55231292
>Should being the first ones through a door give people the right to close it behind them?

Yes.
>>
>>55231292
>they do organize in such a way they can and often do keep others from doing the same within their field
How do you figure that?
I'm not up on hollywood's inner workings so it might be a singular example of this.

>Should being the first ones through a door give people the right to close it behind them?
that's just empty rhetoric.
If it's their firms then, what gives you control over those firms in the first place that you could make such demands over these people?

If the industry in America dies and with it those firms, something else will meander in and take it's place
I'd be interested in seeing if Hollywood does collapse is you get an indo-america thing from Bollywood, a rise of foreign industries.

Stagnation itself is a grand narrative that isn't good to fall into, nothing is stagnating. There's always underground and true blue indie, people whose chops will lead them to becoming the new major players or major failures. at the very least if it does fail, there will be talent that will allow the market to readjust and a new industry form in it's wake.
>>
>>55215598
I find women being generally pathetic to be cute, it has nothing to do with my tastes in media.
>>
>>55231263
>man
Man is a gender-neuter term that was twisted to serve the Church's misogynistic narrative. That part I'll give you. But it's like the term 'dude' or 'hey guys'; it's a catch-all anymore. If anything the masculinity has all but been stripped from it when it's used in words like human or mankind. And there's little chance we'll go back to using 'wifman' and 'werman' again. Plus, like I said, if the treatment is equal, then you already won. Language doesn't matter. That's the wrong fight to pick. If Blacks got guaranteed equality tomorrow; equal treatment in law, by cops, in jobs, pay, school, etc, but all it took was them having to be referred to as Niggers for the rest of their existence, then... they'd be fools not to take the opportunity. Because the word is meaningless, especially since it no longer has any sort of socioeconomic baggage.
>>
File: LewdElfOkay.jpg (59KB, 293x364px) Image search: [Google]
LewdElfOkay.jpg
59KB, 293x364px
>>55231383
>>
>>55231453
>Man is a gender-neuter term that was twisted to serve the Church's misogynistic narrative
what?
>And there's little chance we'll go back to using 'wifman' and 'werman'
I always thought it was VIR like the latin for man.
>>
>>55229178
The "knights in shining armor", depending on what exactly you mean here, usually only wore it in tournaments, where not dying while playing the period equivalent of football was an acceptable tradeoff for loss of mobility.
>>
>>55231504
'Man' originally meant 'person'. That's why it was 'wifman' and 'werman' in the oldest of Englishes. It was misused in Biblical translation to supplant women as people and turn them into property, which fit the Church's narrative at the time.
>>
File: nemo serious.jpg (25KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
nemo serious.jpg
25KB, 350x200px
>>55231558
yeah that's what i had questions about
this is post paul right, what time period are we talking about
>>
File: 1502553938853.gif (512KB, 948x533px) Image search: [Google]
1502553938853.gif
512KB, 948x533px
>>55231485
Do you dislike that people have the choice to destroy their life's work via foolishness and impracticality?
>>
>>55230095
always
>>
>>55231575
It was mainly to subjugate and conform the pagans in North Europe. Their women were a lot more free than the Church of the time wanted to allow, so they had to do something, and they did the same thing that the rich did during Bacon's Rebellion in the US: they separated men and women by elevating men and making even the lowliest man worth more than the highest woman, since he wasn't property. Of course, he WAS, but at least he wasn't DOUBLE property. Same thing with the artificial divide created in the US between poor whites and blacks to keep them from uniting and rebelling again.
>>
>>55231711
I mean, is this post Paul, pre-Augustine, post Augustine, post Rome.
Actually I've still got library access if you have a citations I've got some time to read. and wouldn't mind reading up on this
>>
>>55213647
>2 piece bikini
Coward, the latest fashion is one for men.
>>
>>55231785
Post-Rome. It'd coincide with what most people would call the Dark Ages, which wasn't really as bleak as it's always made out to be. I don't have any hard sources for you anon; I used to be way more interested in it due to studying Linguistics, but I haven't touched it in years so I don't have my sources anymore. The linguistic evidence is there though, in the raw speech. I know that's not what you want and you're likely to discard my argument over it. That's find. This is 4chan; if I got butthurt every time that happened I'd have died of ass cancer by now. It's as much an anthropological case as a linguistic one too. And it has a lot to do with culture in general, and how things changed when the Church began to supplant paganism in the north of Europe. Was it the only cause? Hard to actually say. But the times line up with the decline of the usage. By the time we start seeing more 'modern' English with the influence of French, the change is already underway.
>>
>>55231969
>>55231711

Ah, yes.
The linguistic development that relegated males to being an 'it' and stripped them of the right to individuality is supposed to have turned women into property because the church, who is of course the source of all evil in this world as opposed to the poor pagans that never did nothing wrong, was afraid of nonexistent 'shield maidens'.
Typical SJW mental gymnastics.
>>
>>55233373
>calling out actual misogyny is now SJW-tier crap
Butthurt Roman Catholic detected.
>>
>>55215151
>bullshit
So it immediately stops being true when it's politically convenient for your false equivalence. Good to know.

Meanwhile, in reality, muscles represent power.
>>
>>55233435
>now
It's pretty much always been hated by the same people who spat out the slur to begin with. The reason they make so much noise about whatever EVIL STUPID POLITICAL HORRORS offended them this week is because any time they see a statement that resembles them (calling out actual misogyny, for example) they think of the same horror and get angry at this vague evil blob of imaginary enemies all over again.
>>
>>55229812
She's evil as shit. My point was that it's not all that strange to say she could shape-shift into a beautiful woman in LOTR world-building. She'd just never have had a reason to.
>>
>>55230924
Depends. It was hammer mills along with blast furnaces in the early 15th century that made plate armor much cheaper and easier to produce then chain mail had ever been. Durable, quality steel plate could be produced in that was never possible before.
>>
>>55220687
Its by DPC
>>
>>55213298
I wish more of his works were translated. Its some of the best hentai.
>>
>>55233435
>>55233658
>actual misogyny
I'm an atheist, but made up historical revisionism by Marxists trying to demonize political opponents is hardly factual. The enemy of my enemy is most of the time just an other enemy that you need to open a second front against.
A lie remains a lie.
>>
File: 3296093[1].jpg (227KB, 600x990px) Image search: [Google]
3296093[1].jpg
227KB, 600x990px
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>55234458
Are you using the word "Marxist" in the sense that some unmentioned secret conspiracy which actually follows Karl Marx's ideals has secretly hidden our true history to support that specific ideology, or are you using the word "Marxist" to mean people who disagree with your own specific ideology?
>>
>>55235177
He's being an idiot, I'd just ignore him.
>>
>>55227702
Parce qu'après tout, qui a besoin de beauté et de tendresse dans ce monde de merde ?
Fuck.
>>
>>55214577
Gaelic naked warriors beg to differ.
>>
>>55233435
annon you were talking to
I'm a butthurt catholic but i think you're arse backwards about this. which is why i wanted to read your sources.
>>
>>55235177
i think it's because he thinks it's the feminist angle.
From the few sociological courses I've taken they more or less state the feminist examination of society is derived from critical examinations and in turn is Marxist.
Focused in turn on the material conditions and actively looking for a power dichotomy.
And another part of it is a search for progress like most modernist philosophy. So often you find a comparison of the past weighing the moral code of the present or projected future against that of the past.

>>55235325
to be fair there is a reason why it was Romans that won over the Gaels.
In part pillums because them naked bastards had shields, good training a equipment
Marian > gaels/germans

And why i asked you again for the works that led you to this conclusion is because iit can be a bit of a trap.
>>
>>55234530
this could be much better if it was done in
>>55215225 style
>>
>>55236704
bugger
>And why i asked you again for the works that led you to this conclusion is because iit can be a bit of a trap.
is for >>55235177
sorry poor spacing on my shit

seriously though I'm off this semester so i could use some reading after work to stay sharp
>>
>>55213298

If you're going to do something as unbelievably stupid as letting women fight in your army, you might as well dress them up as sluts while you're at it. They'll only be good as field wives anyway.
>>
>>55215931
So Chad is from africa? Didnt know that our alpha Chad is a people of color.
>>
File: Nation of Chad.png (267KB, 954x927px) Image search: [Google]
Nation of Chad.png
267KB, 954x927px
>>55236932
forgot picture
>>
File: 1501372027493.jpg (247KB, 507x712px) Image search: [Google]
1501372027493.jpg
247KB, 507x712px
>>55236946
>>
>>55237016
Thats just glorious!!
>>
>>55237016
From St. Thomas, can confirm, we've never been landlocked. Fuck lakes though, we got mountains and beaches.
>>
>>55231711
>Their women were a lot more free than the Church of the time wanted to allow
Nobody going to point out how objectively wrong this is? Women in Christian Europe were allowed way more freedom out of necessity because of how more economically developed central Europe was compared to Scandinavia; for example men didn't have the time to run shop fronts, so women were expected too, which required them to have a basic education in mathematics, you were right about one thing though it did make the Church uneasy that the women of the parish were often better educated than the men.
>>
>>55215157
And this that anti magic night elf until from wc3?
>>
>>55236704
>>55236739
I think he is actually referring to Cultural Marxism, which works on the belief that to get real lasting Communism you have to first remove the "Classist Societal Structure." That means the family unit, the value of free speech, standard gender roles, religion as a whole, and various other societal glues. You might notice that almost all social structures are in disagreement with some form or branch of Feminism and as such feminists are often seen as "useful idiots" for Marxist and other totalitarian thought.
>>
>>55227260
>there's an easy way to tell exactly how sexist hollywood is. Go GIS "actor" and see how many pictures you have to scroll through to see one woman.
10. Didn't even have to touch the scroll bar
>>
>>55215000
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>55237339
I've been wondering about "cultural marxism" bend for a while.
Isn't that just post/neo Marxism
not the best versed on this I've not been a communist since my early teens/
But if it is a reform to attach itself to the superstructure that supports capitalism and prevents the progression into utopia in both accounts what's the real separation.
also how the fuck do people take Hegelian beliefs seriously?
>>
>>55227260
> Go GIS "actor" and see how many pictures you have to scroll through to see one woman.
i know this has been (you)'d to death but this is seriously bad proof
because the inverse
>go GIS actress
>there isn't enough men
>society therefore must hate men
it's shit proof NIBBA
>>
>>55213647
>That pic
Yeah, the only way I'd accept that is if they were gladiators or some other kind of entertainment warrior.

>>55236704
>to be fair there is a reason why it was Romans that won over the Gaels.
That reason was to a very large extent Caesar. The Gauls were brave, had numbers, were far from retarded and Vercingetorix is actually a good leader who almost always picked the best option given the circumstances. He just suffered from having to go against Caesar, the man infamous for finding a way where there was none much like Keit-ai
>>
>>55213298
I don't care at all about what the women are wearing, all I want is more cute boys
>>
>>55240143
The abolishment of societal structures has been a thing in various reformist movements since BC, there really is nothing Marxist about it, it's the most core trope of pretty much any utopian society that's not a conservative restoration fantasy.
>>
>>55237339
>which works on the belief that to get real lasting Communism you have to first remove the "Classist Societal Structure."
Not entirely. Notice that not without reason the countries in Europe that have experienced economic Marxism appear immune to Cultural Marxism. They were never directly targeted/influenced in their academia because there was no need for it.

The question the Frankfurter School saw itself confronted with after WW1 was why only Russia (the backwards cousin of Europe) had fallen to communism, while they had expected/predicted/hoped that all workers in the world would overthrow the bourgeois that forced them into the war. They came to the conclusion that such constructs as nationalism, religion and the family kept them under the yoke of the bourgeois, and that these constructs had to be destroyed as a prequisite to Communism (or at least some form of socialism, with "social democracy" being the hip new thing among lefties).
>>
File: 1504542979095.png (566KB, 600x865px) Image search: [Google]
1504542979095.png
566KB, 600x865px
>>55240377
>>
File: tiddies.gif (90KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
tiddies.gif
90KB, 480x400px
>>55213298
>having female warriors in the first place unless the setting is so fantastical that armour barely matters anyway
>>
File: Resisting Cultural Marxism.jpg (78KB, 642x828px) Image search: [Google]
Resisting Cultural Marxism.jpg
78KB, 642x828px
>>55237339
>>55240143
>>
>>55240551
Why is Griffith(female) so perfect?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt_JoVtU_Yw
>>
>>55240636
are there any light novels or they alredy animated it all?
>>
>>55240143
"Cultural Marxism" is literally just a boogieman meme, like that word "degenerate". It's only function is to cause idiots to accidentally out themselves as not worth taking seriously.
>>
>>55213298
If you're being "realistic" armor isn't one-size-fits-all by definition, but there's ground between that and chainmail bikini
>>
>>55240672
pretty much spot on
>>
>>55227257
>>55233763

Are you sure? I can't find that particular page. Maybe it is similar artist
>>
>>55240568
>resisting offensive facts.jpg
>ignorance is strength.jpg
>lalalalala I can't hear you.jpg
>>
File: 82d.png (58KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
82d.png
58KB, 625x626px
>>
>>55241179
>lalalalala I can't hear you
I know.
>>
>>55240405
>there really is nothing Marxist....
but we are talking about a shift in marxist thought that occurred when the revolution failed to materialize after the material conditions had become wide spread.
And what i'm trying to puzzle out is if neo-marxism and "cultural Marxism" isn't just the same beast but separated via a lack of education.
>>55240424
this guy gets it
with the economic base appearing failing to over through the superstructure.
They'd have to attack the superstructure that kept workers complacent.
>>55240672
we can argue over how powerful/widespread or whatever a certain boogie is later.
>>
>>55240377
dubs of truth
>>
>>55240377
>literally you
>>
File: 1500177487239.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500177487239.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>55240636
>Why is Griffith(female) so perfect?
>griffith
>showing emotion that brazenly
what?
>>
>>55213298
>Are there really any outstanding advantages over one side or the other?

Only answer needed: women in the American military today have a hard time doing their job. They have trouble moving in armor meant for a male body.

Does this mean women should wear bikinis? Fuck no. Darksouls shows how armor can be practicle and vary just enough to bring comfort to either gender.

No fucking cupping chest plates. That creates a weak point and turns it into a nice sternum basher.

No fuckig high heels. They're already carrying a extra 50 pounds. They don't need that on their fuckig ankles where they'll snap like twigs.

>The Seattle Times reports that body armor issued by the U.S. Military doesn’t fit female soldiers. “It can actually be painful because of the way the plates are shaped,” former Army sergeant Rebekah Havrilla told the Times. Havrilla, who served in Afghanistan for a year between 2006 and 2007, said the body armor she was given could be very restrictive in combat situations.

>“Trying to get that arm into a shooting position was slightly challenging,” she said.

>The Defense Department estimates that women have composed 12% of combat troops in Afghanistan and Iraq over the past decade, yet military gear hasn’t caught up with those numbers. In addition to ill-fitting body armor, female soldiers often complain that combat fatigues — designed for men — are too loose or bulky.

>The Seattle Times cites a 2009 survey of service members of both genders. Most agreed that the equipment they were issued was “not sized or designed for women.”
>>
>>55227260

Perhaps if one were to GIS "actress" instead?
>>
>>55227260
>Men shouldn't be allowed to dominate industries like that.
Why shouldn't they? Assuming there are no restrictions to entering the market, why "shouldn't" men be allowed to dominate the market? Do you know another group that utterly dominates the cinema industry? Jews. Are you going to argue that Jews "shouldn't" be allowed to dominate that market as well? Or does that go against your progressive sensibilities where minorities can only ever be victims and never "privileged"?

And how do you think this "problem" should be solved? Let me guess, more state intervention. Because when the male-dominated state can't be trusted, what you obviously need is more state intervention.

See? This is why feminists are left wing by default: they're prissy little princesses crying until daddy State makes everything better. Under a free market, women whither and die. That's why in the old days before feminism the genders complimented eachother rather than being in competition with eachother. Because everyone knew who would win such a competition. Now the competition is more "equal" because the state has the means to hamstring men and prop up women.

>Inb4 "hurr durr you mentioned Jews so you're /pol".
Oh, come on. The overrepresentation of Jews is so commonly accepted, Whoopi Goldberg specifically picked a Jewish sounding stage name because she thought it'd help her (and in the end it sort of did).
>>
>>55241420
>No fucking cupping chest plates.
But then how can we know that they have breasts!?
>>
>>55242191
You can always draw boobs on the plates.
>>
>>55242214
Not sexy enough.
>>
>>55242268
What if it's a really detailed drawing of a pair of bare boobs?
>>
>>55242214
>>55242338
Something similar to this?
>>
>>55242010
From my point of view, I believe that women should not be forbidden from pursuing what they want, but if one does not have the adequate abilities to get into a field then they shouldn't be forced in.
We can take an undisputed example. I think everyone agrees that the average man has overall superior upper body strength compared to women. There are exceptions, and exceptional women should not be barred out solely because of their gender.
What I'm trying to say is make sure that a woman pursuing a field isn't facing unfair obstacles such as targeted discouragement, extra scrutiny, or special quotas; but that she succeeds or fails because of her actual skills. Diversity as a consequence of open-mindedness isn't bad. Diversity resulting from underskilled, unenthusiastic, or underprepared people being pushed into a field is bad.
>>
>>55241105
Grassen's War #2, I'm dead fucking positive

Its being machine translated on /h/ right now.
>>
>>55242688

Thx. You are correct. OP merged last panel from one page and first panel from another page. No wonder you can't find it.
>>
File: 1491666774557.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491666774557.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>55227260
>all these replies
>>
>>55241420
You're a fucking idiot. The issue is putting 100+lb loads which give men issues on women who have consistently higher rates of hip and knee problems. That's not even taking into account the statistically significant lower VO2 Max that women have, which is important for aerobic activities.

You can't make biology go away
>>
>>55240424
You're pretty much right, except the Frankfurt School was made up of people holding widely differing opinions on how to solve the situation, and "cultural marxism" was coined by their opponents and inspired by the theories of the most retarded members of the Frankfurt School, which were and are still rejected by most communists.
>>
>>55242480
My nigga
>>
>>55241220
>And what i'm trying to puzzle out is if neo-marxism and "cultural Marxism" isn't just the same beast but separated via a lack of education.
Cultural Marxism is a term invented by people who disagree with marxism and it doesn't have much to do with actual marxism.
Neo-marxism is marxism or communism trying to adapt to the modern world.
>>
Personal opinion on the OP, I say fuck gender-specific armor except for under one of three conditions, and only one of them at a time.

1. The context is a parody/spoof and not meant top be taken seriously.

2. The impractical, gender-specific armor is enchanted to allow for the protection of a full set of armor.

3. It's being used by primitive people who have no fucking clue what they're doing.

Otherwise, it's best to stick with the most sensible armor designs. And most people would argue that there's nothing sexy about that, I disagree. There's lots to be considered sexy about full armor. Example?

Samus Aran.

Every body born in the 80's just creamed their pants, I guarantee.

Besides, what's not sexy about wearing full armor and then, after your work is done, you're sore and tired and sweaty, but it feels great, and you strip your armor from your flesh, exposing bit by bit the tired, sticky skin of a warrior who fought to have this moment of relief. The cool air rushing over your skin and chilling the sweat so swiftly you get goosebumps.

The original striptease, gentlemen.

I rest my case.
>>
>>55243243
>There's lots to be considered sexy about full armor. Example?
>Samus Aran.

99% of sexy (clothed) fanart of her involves her Zero Suit.
>>
File: 1403909325100.gif (2MB, 1067x720px) Image search: [Google]
1403909325100.gif
2MB, 1067x720px
>>55243285
You mean the suit she wears under her power armor and mostly serves for comfort/adaptability? You're only proving his point.

Nintendo is pushing that Zero Suit hard because it's the only way they can push for sex appeal while still maintaining their clean family-friendly image. Why else do you think they got Team Ninja, the guys behind DOA boob physics, to do Other M?
>>
>>55243321
You got one side that wants their female heroes to be 24/7 male-gaze material and the other side that wants them to be 100% male-gaze free. There's no middle ground in this argument. Functional armor on a sexy female character will just guarantee she'll rarely be seen wearing it in the first place, negating her as an woman of action.
>>
>>55215598
>>55215736
No. People trying to be "cute" make me want to punch them..
>>
>>55240636
Is there a reason why I've never seen exposed midriffs be a thing for everyday wear? I would think it's because I don't search enough history and only know about the prudish Christians, but I would also think that it wouldn't be comfortable to expose one's belly psychologically speaking
>>
>>55223385
>>55223591
Bullshit. For most girls, give them a Witcher III's Geralt or an MtG's Enthralling Victor and you're golden.
t. worked with a girl whose job was to draw sexy dudes for other girls
>>
>>55223385
>The problem is if you had the hetero-female-gaze version of men, it would be softguys

http://people.com/celebrity/sexiest-man-alive-2016-dwayne-johnson-the-rock/

Really makes you think
>>
>>55243599
I have no idea, but I imagine historically it would've been really difficult to make a shirt that at the same time exposes the belly and is tight enough below the breasts to make wardrobe malfunctions nigh-impossible.

>Prudish Christians
Friendly reminder that among Baroque noblewoman for a time it was fashionable to almost have your boobs hanging out of your skirt. Dat Tudor cleavage man.

I'm pretty sure you can find lewd enough outfits from the middle ages as well. A thousand years is a really long time, and women always find ways to be sluts and get away with it regardless of religion.
>>
>>55235315
Clair que ça a du changer ta vie dugland.
>>
>>55241247
Absolutely
>>
>>55243065
You seemed to have missed the nice little quote I pasted so I'll put here for you again

>Havrilla, who served in Afghanistan for a year between 2006 and 2007, said the body armor she was given could be very restrictive in combat situations.
“Trying to get that arm into a shooting position was slightly challenging,” she said.

In addition to ill-fitting body armor, female soldiers often complain that combat fatigues — designed for men — are too loose or bulky.

>The Seattle Times cites a 2009 survey of service members of both genders. Most agreed that the equipment they were issued was “not sized or designed for women.”

Look at all those complaints about the weight their dainty female bones can't handle. Oh, wait, the only complaint was the way it'sshape restricted them.
Please anon. Share with us the secret of your ability to ignore text and misread information.

Now look at this
http://www.fscclub.com/history/armor-e.shtml

Humans tend to cling to this thing we know as life, and as such they will not wear something that will make heir job of staying alive worse. We can deduce from that, women who in historic accounts, wore armor to battle, would not have placed armor on their bodies if the weight caused them to die faster.
>>
>>55245765

Because you like to use quotes to further your points here is some info for you.

Look at Olympic records.

Wish I could find an article were a woman soldier tells having a woman in active field duty is liability to entire squad because she can't reach same level of field performance.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.