[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ give me all your fictional metals and elements! Post their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 250[1].jpg (18KB, 250x193px) Image search: [Google]
250[1].jpg
18KB, 250x193px
/tg/ give me all your fictional metals and elements!
Post their name, origin and properties.
Fantasy or Sci-fi does not matter.
>>
I sometimes toy with 'madjrium', chemical symbol Mj, in settings that have magic. It's a thaumoelectric metal--push a magical gradient across it, and it creates a voltage. It also has a distinctive purple sheen, the same way that gold is yellow or copper is red-orange. The only big problem with the stuff is that it's radioactive, with a half-life on the order of a few million years, due to having an atomic number of 126 and island-of-stability optimists winning the lottery.
>>
>>55209775
I don't have a name for it yet but it's a green rubber substance that is able to pass through itself. This allows for doors that require suits of the same materiel to pass through.
>>
File: J U S T.png (142KB, 510x438px) Image search: [Google]
J U S T.png
142KB, 510x438px
>>55214894
If it can pass through itself, how the fuck do you make anything out of it?
>>
Stolen from the Witcher: Dimeritium, basically acts as lead but for magic.
>>
>>55214911
I'd assume if you were to forge/carve/prepare/temper it in some certain way it would maintain form and become a single "unit" of the element.

That's just an idea though, I have no fuckin clue how anon was gonna run that.
>>
>>55216065
>there's literally no limit to how much of it can pass through itself at one time
>the big bad's plan is to put a cone-shaped vessel under a city and use a portal to continuously pour this stuff in until it creates a singularity
>>
>>55209775
Ultonium, a nanite-derivative programmable smart-metal that is as light as Microlattice but stronger and more durable than diamond. Its bulk modulus is extremely high, in the 950 GPa range; hence everything from individual soldier's armor to space dreadnoughts are made out of it.
>>
>>55209775

Ichor

After preparation it will bond with the first solid object it touches, suffusing it and giving it a slight appearance change - soft glow, bright 'veins' of color, a sheen that doesn't appear when you look directly at it.

Ichor was developed to get around the restriction that mundane materials can't be enchanted. So you enchant the ichor, and then introduce it to an item you want to be enhanced.

Works on living creatures too, but there are always side effects.
>>
It's a reddish ore that turns dirt-colored when wet. It's usually found in swamps, making it a rare thing to find without some earthquake shenanigans going on.

It has weird properties that master smiths can turn into magic items. Usually, this means "Shit can catch fire when you swing it," or "Bro, it's freezing cold to the touch," or "Goddamn, it just keeps bleeding acid, what the fuck." My players usually fall over themselves to go after it, even if they're covered in magic items already.

I call it Delirium, because every time I try to name it something else, my group defaults to that.
>>
A gel like substance with variable levels of viscosity and can achieve temperatures of lava or freeze solid quickly.

The idea was that Dwarves invented it to help them in their forges and act as a sort of defense system as well making certain rooms and areas inaccessible by literally turning the floor into lava.
>>
File: Gendo_Ikari_by_Darthval[1].jpg (75KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
Gendo_Ikari_by_Darthval[1].jpg
75KB, 800x570px
>>55218458
>Works on living creatures too, but there are always side effects.
Tell me more.
>>
I like my Master of Orion, so my strong and light metal is called Tritanium (because it's 3,14 times stronger than Duranium, of course), then there's Sorium used for conventional engines and harvested from gas giants. Then of course Anti-Matter for FTL jumps.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.