[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I played some dark heresy but never D&D I got pulled in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I played some dark heresy but never D&D
I got pulled in a group because for some reason after 28 years people want to do stuff with me.
Just a small question about the system.

i want to play a dwarf that can fight and casts a spell now and then.
If i make a dwarf wizard, can i still wield a hamer?

also
can, lets say a barbarian with really high int/char/wis cast spells? or do you need to always be a class that can cast spells for that?
I was thinking half-orc barbarian that was a shaman in his tribe so could use 1-2 spells
>>
Friend of mine played a dwarf wizard with hammer and chainmail, he was not that bad at melee ans went into it offten.
>>
>>55208219
Talk to your gm about gestalt characters

Or play a cleric or factotum.
>>
You can multiclass when you level up. Start as a Barb, when you level to 2 take a level in wizard.
>>
>>55208219
A hammer doesn't impede spellcasting, even two handed. Because you can always take a hand off it to cast with.
>>
did your DM mention which edition?
>>
>>55210966
This. Kinda need to know which edition before we can give any real advice.

But if your DM is running 5th edition, then dwarves have proficiency in battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, and warhammer already. So if you play a wizard, then yes, you'll be able to swing your hammer, but if you only want to cast a spell every now and then, you'll probably want to look into the fighter's eldritch knight archetype so you're better at fighting than casting.

As for being a barbarian that can cast spells, the path of the totem warrior gives you a few ritual spells at 3rd level, as well as some overtly supernatural powers later on.
>>
>>55208219
Play GURPS instead
>>
Play a cleric. Spell casting and hammer should be easy. Plus your party will appreciate having a healer.
>>
>>55208219
Really have to ask "Which Edition?"

>>55211244
Because yeah, in the latest, what we've dubbed "5e," I'm pretty sure you can pull all of that off.
>>
File: spongebobicon.jpg (87KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
spongebobicon.jpg
87KB, 678x678px
>>55215061
>pLaY gUrPs InStEaD
He didn't start the game, he joined the game. You don't need to be a clown with nothing to contribute.
>>
>>55210966
>>55211244
they want to play 3.5
>>
>>55216402
Ugh.

Go Cleric then; you get full casting progression, full plate armor, and you can hammer to your hearths'
content. Especially after buffing up (strength domain has some nice early buffs).
>>
You could play a Paladin, Worlock, Ranger, Bladesinger or Eldrich Knight. They all have magic and do melee.
>>
>>55215424
Sure is reddit in here
>>
>>55216965
>>55217633
what if i go wizard then multiclass at level 2 to fighter and then keep putting levels in wizard?
>>
>>55218441
Okay, first off >>55217633 is talking about 5e, so his advice is not applicable.

Second, broadly speaking, that doesn't work. You can't armor yourself and also be a wizard in 3.5 unless you go into very specific builds, and they sorta suck. Two levels of Fighter also doesn't make it any less of a suicide when you go into melee with squishy wizard HP and no AC, and your attacks just don't keep up. Your stats don't even align from your race.

If you want to be a caster and also go into melee, you need to be a divine class, or you need very complicated builds from multiple sourcebooks, or if you are rolling for stats, absolutely ridiculous rolls.
>>
>>55218516
Addendum: if you need help with that, there are ways, but we'd need a list of allowed materials. 3.5 DMs, good or bad, tend to be picky.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.