[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Week-long Dungeons and Dragons marathon in the woods >Subsisting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: DIpqJDOXoAAAfAa.jpg (734KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DIpqJDOXoAAAfAa.jpg
734KB, 2048x2048px
>Week-long Dungeons and Dragons marathon in the woods
>Subsisting on wild mushrooms and shrubbery

Is this a good idea?
>>
>>55198446
On a short term, you can survive off some small things.
Long term, you're going to ruin your body, especially a party of adventurers. You need meat, calcium, ect.
>>
File: 1441516072095.png (759KB, 1455x2147px) Image search: [Google]
1441516072095.png
759KB, 1455x2147px
>>55198446
>>
>>55198446
Did you have a bard or ranger to tell you which mushrooms to eat?
>>
>>55198469
I'm not sure he means the characters.
>>
>>55198446
Youll spend more time looking for food and keeping everything functional youll lose a lot of play time.
>>
>>55198446
No, you'll get yourselves killed
>>
>>55198488
>Bard
Don't listen to the bard, he has no clue whether or not it's edible but he'll be sure to convince you it's safe to eat
>>
>>55198446
Sure, I would agree to this then bypass the ridicule by fasting through the challenge.

On the other hand, drinking water might be a concern. Dehydration becomes issue in matter of days.
>>
>>55198446
No, Shaun. Smoking weed and doing shrooms are not roleplaying.
>>
>>55198446
Looking for them untrained will most likely cost you more energy than it'll provide. If you have things to do besides not dying I'd say it's a terrible idea.

It worked for hunter gatherers because they had all day to work on their not dying skills. Contrary to your cunts not dying skills who simply consist of "I HAZ A SHARP".
>>
>>55198446
Do it and film the results.

Or just take some food, booze, camp near a stream and just play D&D while camping normally.
>>
Do you know that even edible mushroom are just eaten for taste, and have almost no nutritional value?
>>
Eat the halfling first
>>
>>55198446
>>Subsisting on wild mushrooms and shrubbery
>Is this a good idea?

Does shrubbery go on a cheese burger? Fuck No! So don't go.

Besides, everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) knows that Pretzels equal "Iron Rations" while gaming. Only some kind of 'English' Ponce eats shrubbery.
>>
>>55198446
Ever heard of Chris McCandless?
>>
>>55198469
>you need meat
Hahaha, looks like (((they))) got another one!
>>
>>55200826
"Kill the elf! Cut his throat! Kill the elf! Bash him in!"
>>
File: vegans.png (151KB, 344x357px) Image search: [Google]
vegans.png
151KB, 344x357px
>>55200826
>>
>>55198446
what about bringing food with you? does that sounds insane?
>>
>>55198469
Turns out there's this handy thing out innawoods called "it's full of fukken animals", and that trapping, fishing and hunting are not the hardest things in the world to learn.

Seriously, why do city people think surviving in temperate woodlands (if OP's pic is anything to go by) is hard.
>>
>>55202272
You know most sane nations have laws against poaching and doing that without a license means big fine if not prison time, right?
>>
>>55198446
News headline

Group of nerds airlifted from forest after eating local shrubbery.
>>
mccandles.jpg
>>
>>55198446
Bring a weeks worth of summer sausage for each of you.
>>
>>55198640
So, in other words, this *is* a good idea, since it'll get rid of at least an group worth of stupid people.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.