[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /tg/. I hope I'm not bothering you guys, but I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ly0e9iqXhp1qihzglo1_400.gif (851KB, 388x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ly0e9iqXhp1qihzglo1_400.gif
851KB, 388x282px
Hello /tg/. I hope I'm not bothering you guys, but I was looking to get into pen and paper role playing. I've never played before too much, but I've had some of the core books for a couple of systems.

Anyway long story short, I'm gm'ing for the first time with a group of first time players. I'm looking to run a campaign that is a Western sort of with Medieval technology. I'm looking for a good system that isn't too number crunch that would be good to run this (cheap or free would be great because my friends are poor but I don't want to press my luck).

Also, what are some good game systems to run one shots? I was looking at Fiasco to possibly break them into gaming, but I'd be interested in something with some combat elements.

Anyway, thanks for reading /tg/
>>
>>55197734
Savage Worlds is simple and designed to run nearly anything. It would certainly work for what you have in mind. Cowboys with crossbows sounds pretty cool in fact.
>>
>>55197734
Fiasco is a pretty fun game. It's not really a role playing game, but it's not a bad idea as a way to introduce newbies to the general concept.

As for an actual first time game, I will second Savage Worlds as a decent choice. FATE is also okay. SW will be slightly more math and rules, FATE will have more concepts and narrative elements, so you may want to base which you use on what sort of people you're playing with. If your friends are Magic players and video gamers, SW might work better. If they're musicians and English majors, they might adapt faster to FATE.
>>
>>55197734
>d6 open

But really what systems do you own. Why not just use them.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.