[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, wait a minute. I don't know a lot about the finer points

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

So, wait a minute. I don't know a lot about the finer points of 40k, but I have a question.

Imagine you're an Imperial Guard commander, or the leader of a squad of Marines, or a Necron commander, or even the leader of another force of Chaos. You're out for military conquest, you're out to destroy your enemies, and presumably you have some kind of plan to do this. This applies to all forces, including to a certain extent orkz, but not Tyranids.

You're relying on this plan to effect change in the universe.

With this in mind... how has Tzeentch not won already?
>>
File: Tzeentch.jpg (87KB, 683x476px) Image search: [Google]
Tzeentch.jpg
87KB, 683x476px
>>55195216
>With this in mind... how has Tzeentch not won already?
>Implying he hasn't
>>
>>55195216
Perhaps he has and you don't just know.
Either way, thinking about it isn't going to do you any good, stop philosophising and start fighting.
Khorne needs his skulls.
>>
>>55195216
>How has Zenny failed?
By being in a setting that never actually succeeds at changing in any real fashion.

Tzeentch has no hope. He has plans within plans and plans around those plans and none of it matters because nothing ever comes of it.

Zenny's in hell dude.
>>
>>55195216
Because there is no winning for Tzeentch that means an end to the planning. Why end the game when you can play it forever?
>>
File: Nurgle.jpg (27KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
Nurgle.jpg
27KB, 500x545px
>>55195588
So Nurgle was the real winner all along.
>>
>>55195216
Tzeentch, like all the Chaos Gods, revolves around an unsolvable contradiction. Tzeentch is the God of Change, who embodies chance, fortune, and is the most chaotic of the Chaos gods. He is also a deity of manipulation, labyrinthine plots and plans, of endless scheming. But these things can never reconcile. Perfect change means pure inconstancy, a lavalite universe where no workable plan can ever be made because nothing is static enough to hinge it on. At the other end, a perfect plan would leave no element of chance, and would therefore negate chaotic change as a motive force. There really is no possible win for Tzeentch, but that is really as it should be - the Chaos Gods are forces of (un)nature and not rational actors.
>>
>>55195216
Win is a strong word for the Chaos Gods. You've attributed a victory in a combat setting to a victory for a mass of contradicting thoughts that exists in a realm where thoughts take physical form, for a definition of all physical, thoughts and form.

In short, as long as there are shmucks alive to generate thoughts within his portfolio, Tzeentch is technically winning. The whole mass extinction thing the forces of Chaos do are more out of misplaced ideas of what the "master's want".
In short, no one has or technically can make any good progress on beating the Chaos Gods. The forces of Chaos are mostly a bunch of try hards who are trying way too hard to break away from Imperium practices and end up doing the whole 'murder orgy sacrifice' thing. The lack of tangible support from their deities, only occasionally the deities middle management, Chaos can be stopped.
>>
>>55195677
But constant retcons means that even Nurgle is in hell too.
>>
>>55195216
>how has Tzeentch not one already

He has. Thats the point. Each of the Chaos God has roots in fundamental and inescapable facets of life. It's not a game you can win without breaking the rules somehow.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.