[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if there was a d&d campaign with two dms. A campaign,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What if there was a d&d campaign with two dms.

A campaign, wherein there is a normal party and a monster party. And the two parties get a stronghold.

And then you invite more players , and after the dms set off conflict between the parties they step off. And it's a d&d pvp war
>>
Would delve into autism and asshattery before it could get off the ground.
>>
>>55193423
I mean, probably.
>>
>>55193385
Could be cool. It would have to be a pretty cohesive group though.
>>
>>55193385
It sounds like an unfeasible clusterfuck. Balance is going to be a huge issue, and having the DM's 'step off' sounds crazy.

Use a wargame for this. They're designed for it and do it better.
>>
I've had a similar idea. Except with multiple Dark Heresy Parties. One starts off about a year ahead. They reach the point where they have their own networks of agents. Then, when they need to get something, they give the gm(s) a list of things they ask their network for. The other groups are then tasked with recvering the information/take out the gang leader/recover the lesser artefact. Their success feeds back to the first party, who are then able to supply them with gear/assets. Better than OP's since it doesn't result in PVP but would take a hell of a lot of planning and at least 4 groups to make it worth it.
>>
>>55193385
It could work, but everyone would have to get along really, really well and be good sports about the characters they took time and effort to create getting killed. It's possible, but it would take a special bunch.
>>
>>55193660
This is awesome
>>
>>55195342
I guess it's not that they back off, it's that they ensure fair play
>>
>>55193385
I've done this with a Shadowrun game before. Myself and another GM ran two separate games and compared notes to keep things synced between groups. The two teams ended up on opposite sides of a run. The best part is they didn't know it. The look on their faces when, right as the run to hijack a cargo shipment kicked off, the second group walked in and replaced the minion models on the map with their characters was priceless. It was A LOT of work to set up and keep things linked between groups but it was a hell of a lot of fun.
>>
>>55193385
I ran a two-headed campaign. We fucked up by telling them it would be a "good vs evil" campaign. Both parties wanted to be the evil one.
It actually went pretty well until scheduling conflicts and moves tore it apart.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.