[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fa/tg/uys! I need some advice Ship's bout to get boarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1435798999065.jpg (122KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1435798999065.jpg
122KB, 750x750px
Fa/tg/uys! I need some advice

Ship's bout to get boarded by pirates.

We discussed after the session that we actually want to find a nonviolent solution. The party face is a high charisma paladin of a goddess of peace and the DM wanks over good RP (We get cool shit and xp for unconventional resolutions).
The paladin, obviously, we want spearheading the operation because he's a fast talker and is, duh, a paladin of peace.

So, any interesting ideas for convincing the approaching pirates to leave us the fuck be? We didn't get close enough to see what race they are but they're probably all humans and fishfolk

pic semi related, lot of undead in this setting, otherwise low magic.
We dont expect undead on the boat
>>
>>55192312
Totally depends on what your DM thinks about pirates. Bribery should work, though.
>>
Common naval practice for avoiding pirates was to put up plague colours on the flag to signal other ships to stay away.
>>
>>55192312
How are you going to talk down pirates? They're literally only there for your gold and your assholes. I guess you could offer either or both of those for free, in exchange for your lives. Maybe threats might work, if you can make them think it's not worth the risk to attack you. Or you could offer to aid them against some rival pirate I guess. Maybe you could pretend to be an agent of the crown and suggest giving them a Marque to become privateers.
>>
>>55192353
DM doesn't use them much, they apparently came off a random table because he wasn't fully prepared for us to say fuck it and embark for the land of undead.
I hope we don't have to bribe them though, cause we're all poor as fuck. The monk has jars of pickles, thats about it

>>55192371
Oh fuck I like this one

>>55192382
None of us are too good to be filthy liars. I like these ideas too.

We are fully prepared to fight the pirates, but we voted that it would be interesting to talk them down or avoid them.
>>
>>55192406
> adventuring at sea.
>not knowing maritime customs.

Yeah you're fucked. It's like going on an epic quest to destroy a macguffin crystal having never seen lord of the rings.
>>
Join the crew and over the course of several months, cunningly sow dissent and lead a mutiny
>>
>>55192371
Fuck, this is clever. What colors are those, to be specific?
>>
>>55192525
Yellow, as it turns out, and the monk has a jar of pickled carrots we could fucking dye a flag yellow with.

>>55192449
Nope, we got an undead menace to solve

>>55192441
Sorry, no time, busy with undead
>>
>>55192312

I take it, since it is a low magic setting, the highest amount of magic in the party is the paladin?
Otherwise, I would suggest some kind of magical show of force, I'd doubt pirates will step down from a physical threat, especially if they outnumber you, but a display of magic might get them to fuck right off.

That said, you may be able to offer them healing or something in exchange for safe passage.
>>
>>55192312
Sink your own ship, they can't board you then
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.