[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got some old highschool buddies who want to get back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I've got some old highschool buddies who want to get back together for me to run a post-apocalytpic GURPS game. I know the genre is a bit tired, but we always talked and wanted to do one without ever getting around to it.

What I wanted opinions on was the concept of a kitchen-sink type apocolypse, where there are several endtimes-tier events that caused or came after the end, but all sort of keep eachother at bay without wiping out humanity.

For example: The terminator-style robots are powerful, but woefully undercapable outside of the urban areas, where they are concentrated with the zombies they have to hold back (the sheer number/force of nature the hordes present and their greasy gibs getting in the elaborate machinery of the robots proves difficult, let alone the amount of ammunition it would take to clear an entire city.)

The zombies exist in the urban and suburban areas, but can't brush against very harsh conditions, being they are rotting and in more overgrown parts attract bears and other predators that make short work of them straggling along.

I can't think of anything else right now besides cannibals and slavers, but I'd love to hear any ideas that could be added. Maybe the inclusion of biblical-type stuff would be neat.
>>
>>55191472
GURPS After the End literally lists most common causes of apocalypse, and what there would be left to deal with in the wastelands.
>>
File: e7hkERA.jpg (131KB, 599x640px) Image search: [Google]
e7hkERA.jpg
131KB, 599x640px
>>55191472

Angels and Deamons battle by night for the souls of humanity, forceing people to retreat into fortified locations near sunset or find some kind of shelter when they can.

Monsterous animals prowl the wilds, helped by agressive, fast growing plants that erode infastructure and erase humanity's footprint, with some versions of Kazdu vine spreading though the southwith flowers that release toxic spores.

>>55192037
After The End is a great resource for this kind of thing.
>>
Why would you ever use GURPS? Why not a system that was built from the ground up for a post-apocalyptic setting?
>>
>>55194779
GURPS offers fast, brutal combat and flexible character creation. It also allows you to make a nightmare world with vampire, angels, daemons, killer robots, cilithlu cultist and zombies without falling apart.

Oh, and most PA games are fucking terrible.
>>
>>55194779
GURPS is good for gritty post apo.
Well, GURPS is good for gritty anything, really. It's reasonably decent for anything else.
>>
>>55191472
>kitchen-sink
stopped reading there
>>
>>55195538
Thanks for posting!

After all you're still lurking in this thread.
>>
>>55191472
>killbots and zombies hold each other at bay
Both of these are distinctly finite. There's a whole helluva lot of people in a city to zombify, but once the entire population is lurching and going "brains" there's no more coming.

Similarly, robots require all kinds of exotic rare earths to create. Where is Skynet getting the raw materials? How has one side not yet overcome the other?

>cannibals and slavers
Depend on a healthy population they can prey on.

All of worldbuilding is logistics. The sooner you embrace this, the happier and wiser you'll be.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.