[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets say that WOTC just announced that they will go back to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ons-300-wellwisher.jpg (234KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
ons-300-wellwisher.jpg
234KB, 672x936px
Lets say that WOTC just announced that they will go back to the older card frames (with a bit of touch-up to modernize it) and go back to traditional painting instead of digital.

How would you react?
>>
I'd be so indifferent I wouldn't even finish this se
>>
>>55188609
I would be quite upset as I just managed to unify my collection by having all the frames matching; and the new classic frame proposed would have imperfections that wouldn't let them be compatible with the actual classic card frames.
>>
>>55188609
Would be great, the new frame looks like shit.
>>
I'd laugh at modern players
>>
I would love it, the older frames were more in theme than what we have now. It is like a card fraom for a Sci-Fi game, seriously Wizards.
>>
>>55188609
Wizards doesn't do art themselves (with the exception of a very few artists who also happen to do other jobs like art director), they commission artists to do art for them.
And nowadays, most artists work digitally rather than traditionally, and when you're trying to hit a minimum quality level you don't restrict yourself to only one medium. Especially when they also need to have some 1200ish pieces done each year or so, each done within a specific timeframe.
>>
>>55188609
I would willingly eat the doubled cost of cards to get handpainted art.
>>
>>55188609

The older frame colors and patterns were much nicer I think. I didn't start playing until Mirrodin, but I got some older cards from Scourge and the colors BTFO of the new frames. The colors on the new frames are absolutely horrid, and I bet they choose them after some fucking pencil pushers did market research on a target audience whose average age was 12.

>>55189257

I would too. Every now and then Ill go on gatherer and just look up random old sets for the art. Odyssey + Invasion block blow me away every time.
>>
File: 635425984976520869.jpg (174KB, 395x547px) Image search: [Google]
635425984976520869.jpg
174KB, 395x547px
>yfw realizing the new frames are asymmetric

Why?
>>
>>55190287
counterfeiting
>>
>>55190197
The new frames were made for functionality purposes over aesthetics. They don't look anywhere near as good, but they work better for presenting information.
But damn if the old frames weren't lovely
>>55190287
It's for the sake of the stuff on the bottom, makes it so they can check things via computer when printing/collating. They had a bunch of trouble with packs getting fucked up for a while there. It doesn't extend to the edge of the text box due to where the P/T box is on creatures
>>
>>55188609
I would cum my pants desu
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.